Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 04:48 PM   #241
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
kind you be safe as well. are you still driving that
little sports car.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
SOHAPPY! Calling SOHAPPY!!!
Where are you????
Hi, Little Girl! I've been around but trying to get stuff done around the house today. LOL

I think we're going to catch a bit of the BIG storm that sweeps up through, but maybe be just on the edge of it. So I've spent some time going through the freezer and refrigerator and cupboards, and feel I'm pretty well set in case neither of us want to venture out into it for the next two or three days.

AND..... My konjac glucomannan powder came, so I was experimenting with it a bit. Nothing to post yet. One teaspoon of powder with a cup of fluid makes a nice thickness just as though you'd cooked and thickened with cornstarch. That same sort of translucent gluey slick texture. I'm thinking it may make wonderful Chinese sauces but just didn't get to it yet. I'd love a hot and tangy orange sauce to put with chicken and veggies.

Sounds like you had a very successful MD. I think you're back on track for sure! Hugs!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #243
Blabbermouth!!!

Sohappy I was hoping you were out searching the stores shelves high and low for some new and exciting things for us on our dds.

Well I also checked to make sure things were in order here just in case we get snowed or iced in. At least on our dds we don't need much to get by. Today I had 490 calories I was trying not to go over 450 but i needed a little more today.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
. No, on the sports car. I dont take out when snow or salt has been on the roads.
Boy, the way it sounds we are to get hit with snow and cold. hope we dont get like they had in 67.{ But i was not here then.
but i think they had over 24 inches with in a short time.
So stay warm and safe and hope tv doesnt go out.ha
kind
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:35 PM   #245
Blabbermouth!!!

as long as we have heat. we had a blizard I think it was in 76. that was the worse I can remember and then of course the ice storm in 91. we were without power for days. I don't think I have ever been so cold.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:42 PM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Hi, Little Girl! I've been around but trying to get stuff done around the house today. LOL
YAY SoHappy is back!! I missed you all day! Your posts re such an important part of this group!!

Quote:
I think we're going to catch a bit of the BIG storm that sweeps up through, but maybe be just on the edge of it. So I've spent some time going through the freezer and refrigerator and cupboards, and feel I'm pretty well set in case neither of us want to venture out into it for the next two or three days.
Oh NO! I've seen the news and it's pretty big. I pray you all stay safe and warm. I'm glad you're well set, that takes the anxiety out of the weather-related problems.

Quote:
AND..... My konjac glucomannan powder came, so I was experimenting with it a bit. Nothing to post yet. One teaspoon of powder with a cup of fluid makes a nice thickness just as though you'd cooked and thickened with cornstarch. That same sort of translucent gluey slick texture. I'm thinking it may make wonderful Chinese sauces but just didn't get to it yet. I'd love a hot and tangy orange sauce to put with chicken and veggies.
That sounds awesome. I cannot wait until you come up with some yummy stuff! Do tell us!

Quote:
Sounds like you had a very successful MD. I think you're back on track for sure! Hugs!
Thank you. This group has been a blessing to me!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
Sohappy I was hoping you were out searching the stores shelves high and low for some new and exciting things for us on our dds.

Well I also checked to make sure things were in order here just in case we get snowed or iced in. At least on our dds we don't need much to get by. Today I had 490 calories I was trying not to go over 450 but i needed a little more today.
That's a good point!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Cool and damp here in SC all day, but still better than 20s back home! We squeezed in a nice hour and a half walk on the beach between the raindrops.

SoHappy, I can't wait to hear what you come up with on konjac! My experiement with freezing it didn't turn out so well. After I thought about it for a while, I remembered that they recommend you do NOT freeze the miracle noodles, so I pulled the cup out of the freezer while the edges only were just getting frozen. I tasted that, and it seemed as if the water had separated out of the konjac--i.e., no flavor, just ice. So I just stuck the cup in the fridge and ate it earlier in its usual jello/puddingy/can't quite describe it state.

I've tried it with a few different powders for flavoring and so far like the Joint Juice the best. Even so, all the flavors are okay when I'm just looking for something to fill up with that has virtually no calories!

All the talk about protein powder--if you are Costco members, they have vanilla and chocolate powders made by Muscle Milk company that are really very reasonable in cost compared to other places. A huge six-pound bag is $33 plus a little change. I believe Sam's Club has similar pricing. The powder really keeps for ages. I don't have a bag with me here for detailed info, but I know it is a low-carb product. I use it for shakes and some baking projects. Good stuff.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:10 AM   #249

OK, Donna. I won't use it in anything I'm thinking I might freeze. I don't want any 'breakdown' in whatever the finished food might be.

I'm doing a DD today, so I'll see if this stuff can help control my appetite with all the fiber it has with these 0 calories.

Right now I've just mixed up a 2-cup batch with water to make a thick-ish gel. I'm going to keep this in a jar in my refrigerator to use as a tasteless and 0 calorie 'extender' for some foods. That will be my experimenting for today.

I have a huge salad made. I'll save some calories by not using much dressing, but I like a lot of dressing, so I'm going to mix some of the gel into my dressing allowance and see if the extra quantity that results still has a good 'dressing' flavor. Hopeful that this will allow me to stretch my dressing into a larger quantity that still tastes just fine but doesn't increase in calories.

Then I like to have a 6 oz. low calorie fruit yogurt many days too. 80 calories. I'm going to stir in a couple of BIG spoonfuls of the gel to make more yogurt, and see if it still tastes the same. The consistency should still be about the same. It would be nice to be able to make the amount expand up to 8 oz. for the same 80 calories.

Also, example: I'm wondering if I could stir a bunch of it into cream soups too, like cream of chicken/mushroom, etc. and extend the quantity of soup while being able to use less of a serving to begin with.

The added fiber of this stuff is good for the 'bathroom' habit, isn't it.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SoHappy: Your experimenting sounds great!! DO let us know. I haven't ventured into konjac yet, still playing with chia.

Today is a DD for me and I just had the 1st installment of my Protein Shake, with added chia. I'm hoping it will thicken the shake and fill me up even more, (very good for a DD).

Other than that I'm planning on drinking lots of herbal tea w/ stevia and homemade organic chicken bone broth.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #251

Quote:
SoHappy: Your experimenting sounds great!! DO let us know. I haven't ventured into konjac yet, still playing with chia.

Today is a DD for me and I just had the 1st installment of my Protein Shake, with added chia. I'm hoping it will thicken the shake and fill me up even more, (very good for a DD).

Other than that I'm planning on drinking lots of herbal tea w/ stevia and homemade organic chicken bone broth.
Yup, the 'playing' with these things if half the fun, isn't it.

And using the stuff to fill me up more is pretty much the only reason I'm going to be trying various things. Otherwise... I'd just eat food. LOL

Sounds like you doing fabulously.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good Morning! Today is a down day for me as well, and that makes reading these recipes a little rough. Is that my stomach gurgling?

I have Shiritaki noodles, 40 cals for the whole package...I still haven't tried them. I think I'm "askeered" to try them. Probably today with some miso soup.

I had a different breakfast than normal...15 cals worth of Southwestern eggbeaters (that's all I had) and 1/2 of a 110 cal bagel thin...so what"s that, 70 calories?

Lunch: Miso soup w/shiritaki noodles? 65 cals

Dinner: Chicken breast w/romaine (a lot of romaine) Walden Farms Bacon Ranch dressing, Herdez salsa, red wine vinegar: Approx: 240-250 cals.

This way of dressing my salad is not bad with the spicey salsa added to it. I used to be a big "Ranch dressing" fan, but after two months of JUDDD, I've adapted to this way of dressing my salad, even on my UD's. Yesterday I had a grilled chicken caesar salad at a cafe with a few drops of oil and vinegar (Balsamic vinegar) and tobasco sauce, cuz that's what was available. I am picky about greens. I love romaine, spinach and butter lettuce but radichio and bitter greens are not my favs. BTW, the original Caesar as prepared would have been 850 calories! Take out the dressing and the croutons and it's around 350 to 400. What a difference!!

Hope everyone has a successful day, Up or Down, make it good one!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Good Morning! Today is a down day for me as well, and that makes reading these recipes a little rough. Is that my stomach gurgling?

I have Shiritaki noodles, 40 cals for the whole package...I still haven't tried them. I think I'm "askeered" to try them. Probably today with some miso soup.
Hi Blonde,

I drink a lot of warm beverages like herbal tea with stevia to keep the gurgling to a minimum!

On the shirataki noodles, are they the ones made with glucommann (konjac) flour and packed in liquid? If so, I LOVE THEM!!!! I am out of them right now and going to pick up 1/2 case tomorrow, I cannot wait. They are an important part of my DDs.

Be sure when you cut open the bag, that you pour out the contents over a strainer and rinse, rinse, rinse well with cold water to remove a "fishy" smell. Then, I cut mine up because the strands are so long! They are great in soups, or dry sauteed in a skillet until all the liquid is out and then used like pasta. They have no taste on their own and very, toothsome (chewy)!

I want some today! LOL! Enjoy yours though!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Hi Blonde,

On the shirataki noodles, are they the ones made with glucommann (konjac) flour and packed in liquid? If so, I LOVE THEM!!!! I am out of them right now and going to pick up 1/2 case tomorrow, I cannot wait. They are an important part of my DDs. I want some today! LOL! Enjoy yours though!
No, I think these are made of tofu. I don't know where to find the "Miracle" Noodles that you are talking about. Those are almost calorie free right? As far as I know I have to "order" them and I hate to buy so many if I haven't tried them. I hope the ones I bought are just a filling!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #255

OK. I can't stand to wait any longer to try this. I'm going to have one of my 6 oz low cal fruit yogurts and mix it with another 2 ounces of the glucomannan gel to see if that affects the flavor. That would bring it up to 8 ounces of 'stuff' without adding anything more to the base 80 calories of the yogurt.

The trouble is, I had such a huge salad with some gel mixed in with my salad dressing that I'm not at all hungry yet.

OK... maybe I'll just get the stuff mixed up and taste it.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OK. I can't stand to wait any longer to try this. I'm going to have one of my 6 oz low cal fruit yogurts and mix it with another 2 ounces of the glucomannan gel to see if that affects the flavor. That would bring it up to 8 ounces of 'stuff' without adding anything more to the base 80 calories of the yogurt.

The trouble is, I had such a huge salad with some gel mixed in with my salad dressing that I'm not at all hungry yet.

OK... maybe I'll just get the stuff mixed up and taste it.

LOLOL!!! Like a little kid on with a new toy!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #257
Blabbermouth!!!

Do you know last night my stomach was growling. My husband would say there it goes again. I can't remember it doing that in a very long time.
But I will tell you this every time it growled he would say there it goes again. he was getting on my last nerve.

Every time hes snores tonight I'm gonna say there he goes again......
Old 02-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #258

Quote:
LOLOL!!! Like a little kid on with a new toy!
Oh, Dear! Yes, you identified exactly what is going on here!

Ok. I did it. I mixed 2 oz of the gel into the 6 oz of strawberry yogurt. It's good. I really can't tell much difference in the taste, but I do notice the texture is just a bit 'stickier' from the gel addition. Not too much though.

Next time I eat a yogurt, I'll scale the addition of gel back to 1-1/2 oz and see how that works.

Not bad though. I think I can manage to eat it all!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh, Dear! Yes, you identified exactly what is going on here!

Ok. I did it. I mixed 2 oz of the gel into the 6 oz of strawberry yogurt. It's good. I really can't tell much difference in the taste, but I do notice the texture is just a bit 'stickier' from the gel addition. Not too much though.

Next time I eat a yogurt, I'll scale the addition of gel back to 1-1/2 oz and see how that works.

Not bad though. I think I can manage to eat it all!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that's wonderful. Have fun with your new "toy'!

I am drinking my protein shake and not feeling much hinger on this DD right now. I added 1 1/2 TB chia seeds to the picture and let them gel. Yeeehaw! I like my new toy too!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Do you know last night my stomach was growling. My husband would say there it goes again. I can't remember it doing that in a very long time.
But I will tell you this every time it growled he would say there it goes again. he was getting on my last nerve.

Oh no Daisey! That's funny though!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #261

Quote:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that's wonderful. Have fun with your new "toy'!

I am drinking my protein shake and not feeling much hinger on this DD right now. I added 1 1/2 TB chia seeds to the picture and let them gel. Yeeehaw! I like my new toy too!
Here's to 'new toys'.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #262

Quote:

You are so funny. This really made me laugh!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening gals!

I hope everyone is safe and warm this evening!

I finished my DD pretty well and just had my bedtime snack of a hard-boiled egg with a dollop of spicy brown mustard. YUM.

I'm drinking my last mug of warm tea with stevia.

My totals for today are:

501 (Cals)

22.5 (Fat 41%)

22.1 (Carbs 18%)

49.8 (Protein 41%)

Fiber 13.5

Have a blessed, safe night and I hope you all check in tomorrow to let us know you are OK!!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #264

My DD is drawing to a close, and I made it through with just over 300 calories, the lowest I've done. And very, very little hunger today.

Maybe I just wasn't hungry today, but this is also the first day I tried having some of the konjac glucomannan gel, and I think that stuff just makes you feel full and not in need of food.

I extended some salad dressing with it, I added it to yogurt to make 'more' yogurt out of it, and I made a Chinese sweet & tangy & hot sauce for some stir fry with it. Can't say for certain that it was this product that kept any real hunger feelings at bay, but it was a pretty remarkable day for me.

Hope your all who had DDs also had good ones.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I make "glu" shakes with crystal lite, 1/2 cup almond milk, water, and glucomannan powder. Maybe 20 calories per quart and very filling.
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:57 AM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
I make "glu" shakes with crystal lite, 1/2 cup almond milk, water, and glucomannan powder. Maybe 20 calories per quart and very filling.
Maybe it is the glucomannan powder then, that controlled any hunger pangs and made me feel pretty full and comfortable yesterday.

I'll have to get through a couple more DDs using this stuff to know for certain, but it it magically fills my tummy and takes away the hungry feeling, it will be a terrific aid to doing JUDDD. Here's to glucomannan powder!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Ooh ooh Ouizoid, please give the exact proportions for the glu shakes! That sounds like something I'd like.

The sense of fullness is what I like so much about the konjac/glucomannan - I know from experience that if I feel empty, I will cheat. Between the konjac and miracle noodles, I stay as full as I wanna be. Maybe someday down the line I'll get over that need but for now, it's helping me easily stay with JUDDD.

I've been reading the book and he says something in there that it takes about 3 weeks of being on the plan to fully kick in the skinny gene--I am there now, so hoping for great results.

DD for me today. I had the Southwestern Eggbeaters for the first time, not bad.

Donna
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
2 tsp glu powder, 1/2 tub crystal lite (or to taste), water (and if you want almond milk) to make up 1-2 quarts--shake like crazy to mix.
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:57 AM   #269

Doing a DD today. Don't have any idea yet what I'll have for my 500 calories, or when I'll eat anything. So far, I'm not hungry at all. I've come to quite enjoy this empty feeling on DDs, and I certainly do enjoy the weight loss I'm getting.

Anybody else doing a DD today?
Old 02-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #270
Blabbermouth!!!

Nope I did mine yesterday. and will do another tomorrow...........