Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Morning Everyone! My DD breakfast today was 60 cals of southwestern eggbeaters and an 80 cal slice of toasted high protein bread. I usually have two boiled eggs but couldn't quite get it together for that today. I have shiritaki noodle and broth if I get too hungry before dinner, otherwise I'll just be having a chicken breast salad with a lot of romaine for dinner. I use precooked, frozen chicken breasts that are 110 cals each. Last week I bought a bottle of Walden Farms "Ranch and Bacon" dressing, thinking it would be less than palatable, but in actuality it was pretty darn good, mixed with my salsa and pour over the romaine.

The scale has not budged in three weeks...but my clothes are fitting better, I'm wearing jeans I wasn't able to zip or sit in before so I know I'm making progress. Hope everyone has a good day! On the meal planning subject, I go to bed on my DD's dreaming about breakfast than next morning.
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 08:21 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
WOW SoHappy! No wonder WHY you're SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Your menu for DD sounds like mine for UP days, LOL!

Good for you and thanks for sharing with us all your great success, it is truly inspiring!
No, that can't be! It's only 500 calories. You're eating a lot more than that on your UDs.... right?
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:27 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Blonde, your menu sounds great and so does the inches lost. I'd rather lose inches than scale pounds any day!

Quote:
On the meal planning subject, I go to bed on my DD's dreaming about breakfast than next morning.
Hahaha! Ain't that the truth??
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
No, that can't be! It's only 500 calories. You're eating a lot more than that on your UDs.... right?
Oh yes SoHappy, I didn't know your calories, (because you didn't put in the calories of each) I meant the variety of foods.

On my UP days, I shoot for 1500 cals, but I am more relaxed about eating lots of different things. That's where I was comparing your menu to mine.

On my DDs, for simplicity and not dwelling on food, I tend to eat the same things and just fill the hunger.

Thanks for the concern, I didn't mean for my comment to raise a red flag.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #155

Daisey, I like the Almond Milk a lot too. I get the unsweetened vanilla almond milk and the Hoods Countdown chocolate milk. If I mix them both together, half and half, I get a glass of low calorie chocolate milk which cuts the total calories down A LOT by the dilution with the almond milk.

Then if I want to blend in some protein powder and crushed ice cubes in my blender, I really like the resulting high protein chocolate milk shake!!!

Dairy Queen? I don't need any *&%#@* Dairy Queen!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh yes SoHappy, I didn't know your calories, (because you didn't put in the calories of each) I meant the variety of foods.

On my UP days, I shoot for 1500 cals, but I am more relaxed about eating lots of different things. That's where I was comparing your menu to mine.

On my DDs, for simplicity and not dwelling on food, I tend to eat the same things and just fill the hunger.

You know, I haven't really been counting (okay, not at all) my calories on my UD's. I don't think I'm going over but perhaps I'd better pay more attention to the actual counts. This could be why I'm stuck on the scale. I should at least give myself a reasonable carb goal and stay under it.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Another good calorie and carb saver is the So Delicious coconut milk (plain unsweetened). It's sold in the dairy case. The plain unsweetened is only 50 calories a cup. To me it is totally tasteless but has a decent milk-like texture. I buy this a lot because there always seem to be coupons around for it and it's also really low-carb - only 1 carb per cup.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Daisey, I like the Almond Milk a lot too. I get the unsweetened vanilla almond milk and the Hoods Countdown chocolate milk. If I mix them both together, half and half, I get a glass of low calorie chocolate milk which cuts the total calories down A LOT by the dilution with the almond milk.

Then if I want to blend in some protein powder and crushed ice cubes in my blender, I really like the resulting high protein chocolate milk shake!!!

Dairy Queen? I don't need any *&%#@* Dairy Queen!
I get the unsweetened made by silk only 35 calories per 8ozs.
I will look for the chocolate milk.
But I did find this powder 5 calories per tube they have all flavors.
you just pour it in your milk its good to.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Another good calorie and carb saver is the So Delicious coconut milk (plain unsweetened). It's sold in the dairy case. The plain unsweetened is only 50 calories a cup. To me it is totally tasteless but has a decent milk-like texture. I buy this a lot because there always seem to be coupons around for it and it's also really low-carb - only 1 carb per cup.

Oooooh, ooooooh, I have some of this in my pantry I believe! I think it's Thai Kitchen organic lite coconut milk. Is that the same? I'll have to check the label to be sure.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #160
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I didn't use to count on my uds either. But then I staled. so now I count.
and then the scale moved a little.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

No, it's not the same RealFood - the So Delicious is a refrigerated milk that is in the dairy case and it's totally different from the canned coconut milk.

I'll have to try the Silk Almond - sounds even lower! I had bad experiences with the Silk soy milk (blech!) and I don't believe my local store carries the unsweetened almond, but I sometimes go to a larger store and if anyone in the area has it, they will.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #162
Blabbermouth!!!

The unsweetened almond milk 35 calories per cup as 1 carb and 1 fiber.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
I get the unsweetened made by silk only 35 calories per 8ozs.
I will look for the chocolate milk.
But I did find this powder 5 calories per tube they have all flavors.
you just pour it in your milk its good to.
Isn't Silk a soy milk, though? I thought that it was. I avoid soy products like the plague when I'm able to as I am hypothyroid.

Hard to avoid all soy as its use is so wide spread. But I keep it out of my diet as much as possible.

What is the powder? Is it just powdered flavorings for milk? Or a protein powder of some sort? Do you have the name of it and any nutritional information?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
No, it's not the same RealFood - the So Delicious is a refrigerated milk that is in the dairy case and it's totally different from the canned coconut milk.

I'll have to try the Silk Almond - sounds even lower! I had bad experiences with the Silk soy milk (blech!) and I don't believe my local store carries the unsweetened almond, but I sometimes go to a larger store and if anyone in the area has it, they will.
I'll keep my eyes peeled for the So Delicious milk, but don't think we have it in this area. I pretty much scan the milks in the regular dairy cases and also the coolers in the health foods sections, but can't remember ever seeing anything like this. Sounds delicious really.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #165
Blabbermouth!!!

SoHappy not the almond one. I do not like the soy one either.

Last edited by dasiey; 01-24-2011 at 09:36 AM..
Old 01-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #166
Blabbermouth!!!

The powder is just a flavoring. Its not protein. I can't remember the name. I will check the next time I am at the store.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

The So Delicious is a good option for folks with nut allergies. Also, to me it's very bland so it's good to use when you don't want that slight almond taste.

SoHappy--Silk does sell the soy milk but they've relatively recently branched out to offer an almond milk as well. I've seen the Silk Almond in my local store but as mentioned above, they only had sweetened varieties. I'll be on the lookout for the unsweetened version. I try to avoid soy, too, but I do love edamame!
Old 01-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
You know, I haven't really been counting (okay, not at all) my calories on my UD's. I don't think I'm going over but perhaps I'd better pay more attention to the actual counts. This could be why I'm stuck on the scale. I should at least give myself a reasonable carb goal and stay under it.
Not paying much attention to UDs worked just fine for me when they were balanced with DDs for the initial maintenance period I was living when I first started JUDDD.

But for weight loss I really needed to scale my UDs back to where they matched my true basic metabolic needs. For me, that was from about 1,650 to 1,850 or so, depending on whether I was going through a more active period or a lighter activity period.

My previous UDs were truly higher than my needs, but were counterbalanced by the 500 calorie DDs.. so - the calories overall were apparently about right for maintanance.

But now I need to have my overall calories be lower than I need to maintain, so now I use ****** for my UD meals/figuring too, so that I don't go over the 1,650 to 1,850 numbers (and I try to keep it on the low end), so that when the DDs very low calories are averaged in, I am at a definite calorie deficit!!!

That's the only way I can manage weight loss.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
have you all discovered bran-a-crisp crackers? They are sold thru nutrition and have 12 calories each--they are a decent size, have 2 net carbs each, and with a half of a laughing cow light cheese wedge and a piece of deli turkey make a good and filling little "sandwich" for less than 50 calories. I also put a little ff cream cheese and sf jam on top for a sweet treat--
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Not paying much attention to UDs worked just fine for me when they were balanced with DDs for the initial maintenance period I was living when I first started JUDDD.

But for weight loss I really needed to scale my UDs back to where they matched my true basic metabolic needs. For me, that was from about 1,650 to 1,850 or so, depending on whether I was going through a more active period or a lighter activity period.

My previous UDs were truly higher than my needs, but were counterbalanced by the 500 calorie DDs.. so - the calories overall were apparently about right for maintanance.

But now I need to have my overall calories be lower than I need to maintain, so now I use ****** for my UD meals/figuring too, so that I don't go over the 1,650 to 1,850 numbers (and I try to keep it on the low end), so that when the DDs very low calories are averaged in, I am at a definite calorie deficit!!!

That's the only way I can manage weight loss.
SoHappy~Thanks for your input, I'll bet you are right!! I think I need to keep careful track and see what happens. Thanks again!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:08 AM   #171
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
have you all discovered bran-a-crisp crackers? They are sold thru nutrition and have 12 calories each--they are a decent size, have 2 net carbs each, and with a half of a laughing cow light cheese wedge and a piece of deli turkey make a good and filling little "sandwich" for less than 50 calories. I also put a little ff cream cheese and sf jam on top for a sweet treat--
That sounds very good.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
I haven't tried those. I guess I've never really even looked over my grocer's shelves or the health food stores either. I'll go to the netrition site and read up on them.

There are times when a crispy crunchy cracker would be wonderful. The only thing I've done so far is to split the toasted bread into two 20 calorie halves and then cut each little thin side into 12 squares, toast them a bit more in the oven until they're nicely toasted and crisp. But they worked well to use as crackers for dips and spreads. They hold up. But still... 20 calories for just the 12 of them.

Is the bran-a-crisp cracker as big as a slice of bread?

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-24-2011 at 11:40 AM..
Old 01-24-2011, 11:44 AM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
SoHappy~Thanks for your input, I'll bet you are right!! I think I need to keep careful track and see what happens. Thanks again!
If being overboard in your overall ongoing calories is all that is holding back your weight loss, this should do the trick.

It's the first thing I'd try. Go online and figure your BMR and then what your daily calorie needs would be. (And these sites can't give you exact figures for you, personally, but close enough to start out.)

Then do your JUDDD plan according to those calorie need numbers for a couple of weeks and see if that was the only problem holding you back. If being too high in UD calories was the only thing causing your 'stall', this will be an easy fix. Good luck!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:06 AM   #174
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I ate bran crackers for years, but I couldn't find Bran-a-Crisp a couple of years ago, and, according to Netrition, they were no longer available. If they are, they're the best. The only reason I don't eat them any more is that I've given up all grains. The other bran cracker that Netrition carries is good, too.

Bone Broth
On the other recipe thread we had, I'd posted that I made homemade chicken broth to which I added ACV and hot sauce. I know that sounds terrible, but I actually like the taste--AND I found it really worked to control appetite on DDs. Since I eat most of my calories before noon, I'd have a cup of this broth about 4 pm for perhaps 20 cal, and it would satisfy me to bedtime. It is also a great thing to have on hand on those tough DDs that threaten to get out of control.

Recently, I've been reading about 'bone broth' that is supposed to have more of the minerals and nutrients from the bones. So over the weekend, I put a chicken carcass in my slow cooker with some ACV (to help leach the bones) and some chopped garlic (for flavor). I cooked it on low for 12 hours.
After I cooled it, I skimmed the fat. I had some today, and even if it's not full of nutrients, it's more delicious than the usual broth I make cooking my bones for only 2 hours or so.

From now on, I plan to make bone broth on a regular basis to insure that I always have some in the freezer. You can use any kind of meat bones.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:27 AM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bone broth I make bone broth about every week because we eat whole organic roasted chickens at least once a week. I usually cook them in my roaster (2 at a time) and then remove the chicken meat and return the bones the roaster (or slow cooker) with all that great flavor fond on the bottom.

I cover with water, add ACV, celery, garlic, ginger, carrots and onion and slow cook about 24 hours. It is sooooooooooo rich and delicious.

I also prefer roasting my chicken first, then removing the meat and using the roasted bones to make the broth because the meat and broth taste so much better after roasting.

I did this yesterday and today for my DD I have a huge pot of chicken bone broth ready for me! YAY!!

Leo: That's interesting about the hot sauce. I'd love to try it, but unfortunately my Rosacea is triggered by very spicy foods and it is painful to my face. So, I try to avoid them. It sounds good though, thank you for sharing!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:23 AM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
the branacrisp are about 2/3 the size of a slice of bread--and they are extremely filling because of the fiber--and Netrition does sell them (although you can also order them from the supplier. I buy them from netrition. 12 filling calories is a good deal, and they can be tarted up with toppings in a nice way--
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:42 AM   #177
Blabbermouth!!!

When I have home made egg drop soup. I put hot sauce in it is so good. Just a little spice. mmmm so good.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Bone broth--sounds wonderful! It's going right onto my to-cook list.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:03 AM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Everyone!

I found Miso-Cup reduced sodium soup. 25 cals per envelope. It calls for 8 oz hot water but I doubled that amount and added hot sauce. Very yum, the hot sauce makes up or the lack of salt and stretches the flavor. It made a good substitute for hot tea, which I looove, but sometimes I crave something more savory. I still haven't tried the shiritaki noodles, maybe today (UD) just to see if I like them in broth.

SoHappy~ I'm tracking my calories today to make sure I don't go over. The BMR site said 1724 cals for me at my level of exercise. I guess that means if I want more on occasion I'm going to have to "step it up". The JUDDD site says 2250 but that seems excessive right? We'll see. I just want to get the scale to move again. Even though I've had no scale loss in three weeks I have to say, I feel thinner and I feel terrific!

Bone broth...IDK. I'll have to think about that one. Maybe it's just the name that bothers me alittle.

Hope everyone has a successful day!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #180
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Blonde- That Miso-cup sounds great, and I'll have to look for it on my next supermarket trip.

By the way, I don't want to be negative, but I've found that all those BMR estimates to be flawed. Individuals are unique, and in my experience the only way I could come to a calorie level that enabled me to lose was by trial and error. When you find you're not losing for a long period of time, it's almost always that you're eating at a maintenance level for your body and don't have a calorie deficit.

On JUDDD, if my UDs were too high, I did not lose even if I was faithful to all my DDs.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote