Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Lots of good recipes and Ideas!!!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #122
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
I need to go to the store and buy some tea.

I will search for some new dd ideas.....
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
Leo- I tried the omelet today except cooked it on the stove instead of the microwave. I was very very hesitant to do this because I've never been one to like egg whites. I actually liked it a lot! I used fresh spinach and seasoned with some italian spices. I am going to try it in the microwave next.

Also, thanks for whoever posted about the fat-free hot dogs. I never even considered looking at those in the store! But I bought a package yesterday and will have hot dogs with split toast "buns" for a meal later today. Two hot dogs will be lower cals than the tuna salad sandwich I had on the past two DDs.

I didn't need to make soup after all--still had some left in the fridge. Unless hubby decides to eat it while I'm not looking

Ten days on this diet and I'm already a changed woman--look at me now, drinking black coffee every other day, eating egg whites, low-cal bread and fat-free hot dogs, can't wait to see what's coming next.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #124
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Ten days on this diet and I'm already a changed woman--look at me now, drinking black coffee every other day, eating egg whites, low-cal bread and fat-free hot dogs, can't wait to see what's coming next.
My guess would be a slim and supple body that makes every article of clothing look fabulous on you! And better overall health, more stamina, and more energy to play, play, play!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #125
Blabbermouth!!!

I cook my egg whites in the microwave as well. But I spray a bowl. and put them in that.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I would like to thank whichever one of you fine JUDDDers posted about splitting a piece of bread--what a lovely thing it is to have bread again! I can easily afford the carbs --and so far I have made a grilled cheese sandwich, a turkey sandwich and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (using reconstituted peanut flour and nosugar jam). Happiness. Gratitude!!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:18 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Loved my lunch! I bought Ballpark Smoked White Turkey Franks, that had 45 calories each, and I was hungry so I had two - 90 calories hot dogs, 35 calories bread, plus some chopped dill pickle and mustard (supposedly 0 but I'll say 2 to be safe) - 127 calories.

Thanks again--the egg white omelet and fat-free franks will really help on DDs!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
I would like to thank whichever one of you fine JUDDDers posted about splitting a piece of bread--what a lovely thing it is to have bread again! I can easily afford the carbs --and so far I have made a grilled cheese sandwich, a turkey sandwich and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (using reconstituted peanut flour and nosugar jam). Happiness. Gratitude!!
That was Donna/PenguinPower. Isn't that the greatest idea?!!! I've enjoyed several sandwiches ever since then too.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

I'm happy I was able to make a contribution to this great group!

Now I'm curious--what's the deal with the peanut flour? I have som but it doesn't seem to be lower cal than my regular peanut butter????

Donna, aka a regular maker of Ouizoid's English Muffins!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:09 AM   #130

I'm having a DD today. Posting my menu for the day here. 499 calories

(I hope you'll post your DD menus here more too as I get very good ideas for myself from your wonderful discoveries. Have to locate the hot dogs yet. LOL)

first meal: a split-toasted bread sandwich with cooked egg white & eggbeaters, spread with a mustard-light mayo combo and loaded with lettuce and tomato slices

two huge lettuce salads with raspberry vinaigrette dressing, eaten whenever

two cups of my thick & chunky Italian Vegetable Soup, eaten whenever

a double portion of shirataki yam noodles with spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese on top

frozen s/f pudding 'kisses' as a sweet nibble treat in the evening

Posting my DD menu here for my reference later.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks PP for the fabulous idea--what kind of bread do you buy that is only 35 per slice?! Glad you like the english muffin recipe--I love it too.

My peanut flour is 50 cals/2Tbs--which reconstitutes with a little caramel davinci's to about 1 Tbs--part of the reason I like it is that it is lowfat and I am one of those lowcarbers who can't eat much fat. The other reason I like it, is that I make a delicious lowcalorie/lc peanut butter fudge with it, so that for about 150 cals I have a yummy treat--I also mix 2 Tbs peanut flour, 1 scoop of cookie dough protein powder and a tiny drop or two of caramel davincis to make a wonderful protein pudding, which sometimes really hits the spot when I am craving something sweet.

The other reason I love peanut flour is that I would eat a WHOLE jar of peanut butter if it was in my house. Sometimes I buy the packets of Justin's PB at WF, which limits me--but PF works just as well for my purposes--
Old 01-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
SoHapppy,

I like reading DD menus as well, it helps with ideas from the "Been-There-Done-That-Got-The-T-Shirt" JUDDDers!

I wasn't here yesterday to make my homemade chicken broth that has been a mainstay of my DDs, so I'm having to come up with other choices.

I took my yummy protein shake (natural whey), which I love, cut the ingredients (organic peanut butter, whey, unsweetened cocoa, stevia and organic ACV) in half and added double the water. That will give me 250 cals, 13 gms fat, 8 carbs and 25 protein.

I have shirataki noodles and broccoli, so that sounds good. And I may eat 1-2 string cheese for 90 calories each.
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
SoHapppy,

I like reading DD menus as well, it helps with ideas from the "Been-There-Done-That-Got-The-T-Shirt" JUDDDers!

I wasn't here yesterday to make my homemade chicken broth that has been a mainstay of my DDs, so I'm having to come up with other choices.

I took my yummy protein shake (natural whey), which I love, cut the ingredients (organic peanut butter, whey, unsweetened cocoa, stevia and organic ACV) in half and added double the water. That will give me 250 cals, 13 gms fat, 8 carbs and 25 protein.

I have shirataki noodles and broccoli, so that sounds good. And I may eat 1-2 string cheese for 90 calories each.
I had a big, big, big protein shake for my breakfast yesterday. LOL Chocolate. :-)

Yesterday was a big protein day for me.

What brand of protein powder do you use? I just got this one at the grocery, Designer Whey, chocolate flavor. Somebody on the Main Lobby thread said I can get chocolate malted flavor too, but I'll have to look for the brand. That would be my ultimate most desirable flavor.

I just ate my breakfast egg sandwich. Not much appetite on this DD at all. I may well not be able to finish (or need to finish) the food that I had planned for the day, so that wouldn't be a problem to my way of thinking. I allow myself 'up to' the 500 calorie limit. If I'm doing well with little driving appetite, I just eat less.

DH doesn't know it, but he is the recipient of some of my leftover stuff or special purchases for this WOE. He got fed a small bit of leftover beefy mushroom & onion soup with three little crackers a bit ago. I told him it was a little pre-luncheon snack to tide him over since he ate so very early this morning. LOL But I needed to get that little bit of leftover soup out of there as I don't have a large refrigerator and now it's stuffed on every shelf with my 'diet' choices and the regular stuff that he enjoys.

He told me this morning that he can tell that I've lost some weight. I don't notice anything at all yet, so perhaps he was just being kind to me.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Ouizoid--I buy Nickles Light Wheat 35. I don't know if it's a local brand or not (Western PA). They have wheat and white, I doubt the wheat is anything particularly healthy vs the white but it makes me feel virtuous to use the wheat so I do! What I like about this brand is a)the cal count and b)it's a full-size slice unlike some I have tried that are very thin. Makes it easy to split!

Thanks for explaining about the peanut flour. I'll have to fool around with it a bit more. I do like it in a sweet flax muffin but haven't done anything else with it.

SoHappy - I agree, it helps me to read the menus too. My yesterday's DD was:

- Egg white & spinach omelet (breakfast)
- Two FF hot dogs on split toast with a sprinkle of red onion and chopped dill pickle and dijon mustard (lunch)
- Two bowls of 0 point spicy Mexican soup loaded with shiratake "rice" (dinner)
- One bowl of the same when I got the hungries in the evening

Today I'll make a soup for tomorrow. My hubby, aka "He Who Eats Everything I Make for Myself" says he likes the sounds of the Beefy Mushroom. I'll make a triple recipe lol.

RealFood - You are doing so AWESOME!!!!

Leo--I just love reading your posts. I have learned so much from you and feel so encouraged that this might be the right plan for me at long last.

Donna
Old 01-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post

Today I'll make a soup for tomorrow. My hubby, aka "He Who Eats Everything I Make for Myself" says he likes the sounds of the Beefy Mushroom. I'll make a triple recipe lol.
LOL, "He Who Eats Everything I Make for Myself"...

Make sure he understands that this is a *diet* soup. It's only made with beef broth. Not any hunks of man-sized beef in there at all.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

just to say, I made a lovely salad dressing today--2 T WF pancake syrup, 1 Tbs dijon mustard and 2 T ACV. Add herbs as desired. gels a bit as it sits in the fridge--sooo good with my mixed greens.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
just to say, I made a lovely salad dressing today--2 T WF pancake syrup, 1 Tbs dijon mustard and 2 T ACV. Add herbs as desired. gels a bit as it sits in the fridge--sooo good with my mixed greens.
Sounds wonderful. Sort of a Honey Mustard type of dressing. I have s/f Smuckers Maple syrup on hand, so I'll have to try this. Thanks for posting a recipe that sounds delicious!
Old 01-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi SoHappy!

I use a natural brand from my health food store (Earth Fare) with no artificial ingredients or sweeteners called "Show Me the Whey." It comes in chocolate, but it contains more carbs than I like, so I have the vanilla sweetened with stevia.

I actually prefer the organic 100% egg white protein powder, but it's a little expensive so I only use that part-time. I like the whey, but I'm really trying to reduce my dairy and the egg white protein is "cleaner" for me.

I'm glad you don't have much of an appetite! That's awesome!

For me, I'm having the opposite problem. I am really, really hungry today and don't have a lot of food options. I had my shirataki and broccoli and still hungry. Just drinking, drinking, drinking warm tea, water and the rest of my protein shake and trying to get through the day, praying for strength.

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 01-22-2011 at 01:49 PM..
Old 01-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so happy--I make a similar dip without the ACV--sf syrup and mustard--maybe a tad of horseradish--lovely dip for grilled chicken tenders--

RealFood--I know those hungry days--I just made a HUGE salad with my dressing--and followed up with a cup of diet hot cocoa-for whatever reason, the bulk of the salad followed by a hot and creamy drink kills the hungries better than either of those things separately. A science experiment

Last edited by ouizoid; 01-22-2011 at 01:45 PM..
Old 01-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ouizoid: Thank you!! I've been drinking warm all day and in conjunction with my food intake as well. No go. Not today. But it usually works. Today is just one of those days.

I just scrambled 2 egg whites with 1/8 cup raw baby organic spinach and some salt. Good. Following with a cup of decaf tea with stevia. Hoping for a break in this relentless hunger and fibro pain today. I am exhausted from yesterday and I believe this the problem. I have not had a fibro flare in a while since I've been gluten-free.

I may just need to pray, grit my teeth and get through it when my calories (500) are used. I have no intention of going over in cals or carbs (20).

I'm sooooooo thankful that with the JUDDD cycling, there comes an UP day following a DD.

I'm also glad this forum is here.

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 01-22-2011 at 03:34 PM..
Old 01-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #141

Quote:
ouizoid: Thank you!! I've been drinking warm all day and in conjunction with my food intake as well. No go. Not today. But it usually works. Today is just one of those days.

I just scrambled 3 egg whites with 1/8 cup raw baby organic spinach and some salt. Good. Following with a cup of decaf tea with stevia. Hoping for a break in this relentless hunger and fibro pain today. I am exhausted from yesterday and I believe this the problem.

I may just need to pray, grit my teeth and get through it when my calories (500) are used. I have no intention of going over in cals or carbs (20).

I'm sooooooo thankful that with the JUDDD cycling, there comes an UP day following a DD.

I'm also glad this forum is here.
Oh, I'm so sorry you are going through this hard day. Any you may well be correct about it feeling worse because you are tired after your wonderful day yesterday.

Hang in there. If nothing else, just call it a day and go to bed early. I'll bet tomorrow's UD will be enough to get you well back on track.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #142

Here's another thing that I sometimes do which helps me. It may not help you. In fact, it could make it worse (LOL), but it really does work for me.

I plan my next day's menu.

For me, the fact that my brain is getting to deal with the thoughts of the food just seems to be enough to get its focus off of wanting food now and onto the greater thoughts of food out there in the future. Instead of trying to make my brain quit thinking about food altogether, I give it a *food assignment* and let it think about food and plan a menu for a future day. It absolutely helps. Couldn't tell you why.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you SoHapppy!

I will input my menu into ****** right now and get it planned. Listen, as my grandma used to say.."It may not help, but it couldn't hoit!" (Living in NY, you'll get that, right?)
Old 01-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #144

Quote:
Thank you SoHapppy!

I will input my menu into ****** right now and get it planned. Listen, as my grandma used to say.."It may not help, but it couldn't hoit!" (Living in NY, you'll get that, right?)
I do get it, and it's funny. But I live in Iowa.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I do get it, and it's funny. But I live in Iowa.
OH MY GOSH!! :blush:

I went back to this post and that's why I thought you lived in NY!

Quote:
I wanted to add that living in New York would seem to be both a blessing and a curse when it comes to food. Access to such a variety of cuisines and food markets/ethnic groceries from around the world.
You weren't speaking of yourself?
Old 01-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #146

Quote:
OH MY GOSH!! :blush:

I went back to this post and that's why I thought you lived in NY!

You weren't speaking of yourself?
I was speaking to Leo, who lives in New York. LOL I was just saying that I thought (food-wise) that area would be both a blessing and a curse as they have so much more variety that way that we do here.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening Y'all!

Still not feeling great, BUT, I did stick to my DD plan.
I made it through at 400 cals and 18 carbs. YAY!
I'm going to go to bed early.

SoHappy:
Ahhhh, see, I thought you were speaking of yourself. Pretty funny!

Have a great night everyone!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #148

A DD for me today. I am losing weight! Just thought I'd add that little fact here in case any of you are going through a bout of difficulty with your DD fasts.

It works! I had a marvelous UD yesterday and thought for certain that I would be up in weight this morning, but no. In fact, I'm down again this morning.

I don't know how it works, but my metabolism does seem to be operating more efficiently. LOL Anyway, needless to say, I'm still SOLD on JUDDD and so very happy doing this plan.

Today my foods will be a double Eggbeaters Southwestern omelet w/2 additional egg whites & very little of slivered onion, red pepper, and steak

2 8-9 oz. chocolate whey protein shakes made with almond milk & Hood's Countdown milk

tilapia fillet with lots of brussels sprouts

The chocolate shakes are so delicious. I expect to use them only if needed, hopefully will save them until the evening and have them for a sweet treat if I'm 'wanting'. If I am making it through the day on the big omelet until suppertime, and the tilapia meal holds me until bedtime, I'll just skip the shakes. That would cut my DD calories even lower than the 500 I keep at. Otherwise, they have been figured into calories for the day, so either way, it's fine.

ETA: No split toasted bread for me today. LOL
Old 01-24-2011, 08:27 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
A DD for me today. I am losing weight! Just thought I'd add that little fact here in case any of you are going through a bout of difficulty with your DD fasts.

It works! I had a marvelous UD yesterday and thought for certain that I would be up in weight this morning, but no. In fact, I'm down again this morning.

I don't know how it works, but my metabolism does seem to be operating more efficiently. LOL Anyway, needless to say, I'm still SOLD on JUDDD and so very happy doing this plan.

Today my foods will be a double Eggbeaters Southwestern omelet w/2 additional egg whites & very little of slivered onion, red pepper, and steak

2 8-9 oz. chocolate whey protein shakes made with almond milk & Hood's Countdown milk

tilapia fillet with lots of brussels sprouts

The chocolate shakes are so delicious. I expect to use them only if needed, hopefully will save them until the evening and have them for a sweet treat if I'm 'wanting'. If I am making it through the day on the big omelet until suppertime, and the tilapia meal holds me until bedtime, I'll just skip the shakes. That would cut my DD calories even lower than the 500 I keep at. Otherwise, they have been figured into calories for the day, so either way, it's fine.

ETA: No split toasted bread for me today. LOL

WOW SoHappy! No wonder WHY you're SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Your menu for DD sounds like mine for UP days, LOL!

Good for you and thanks for sharing with us all your great success, it is truly inspiring!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #150
Blabbermouth!!!

I like the almond milk. I use it alot...