Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #631
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pugmama
What is an Ouizoid Super LowCal muffin? It sounds good!
Pugmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #632
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
Hey all! Yesterday was Supposed to be a DD. I did great until about 4pm, then I got into the leftover low carb dish I had made for pot luck the day before and it was all over. lol So, redoing DD today and doing very well. It's 2:00 and I've only had 170 calories, feeling good and not really hungry. I braved the scales today. I've been back for 5 days and I'm now .4 pounds over what I was the morning I left. I'm almost curious how much I had gained! lol But, we'll never know, so no point in dwelling on it! Hopefully after today's DD I'll be back down to 224!
edens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #633
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
edens[/B];14555960]Hey all! Yesterday was Supposed to be a DD. I did great until about 4pm, then I got into the leftover low carb dish I had made for pot luck the day before and it was all over. lol So, redoing DD today and doing very well. It's 2:00 and I've only had 170 calories, feeling good and not really hungry. I braved the scales today. I've been back for 5 days and I'm now .4 pounds over what I was the morning I left. I'm almost curious how much I had gained! lol But, we'll never know, so no point in dwelling on it! Hopefully after today's DD I'll be back down to 224!
Good luck, edens! That low carb casserole (don't know what you made) would have probably been the downfall of me on a DD too! When I made any low carb casseroles, they usually were ground beef and maybe cabbage or some other lc veggie, and a nice thick sauce of CREAM and CHEESE! Yummy, but so not low calorie for me to eat on a DD! Glad you are doing well today.

I'm holding the line on my MD well too, mostly because I'm so dirty, and with mud under my fingernails, that it would gross me out to have to eat without cleaning up, and I don't want to take the time away from working to clean up, so I'm just fasting right now! Calories still under 400 and it's the middle of the afternoon. So far.. so good!

Hold the line on your DD. It's so worth it. Especially in exchange for the UD that can be so full!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #634

Pugmama, I don't know what a Ouizoid Super LowCal muffin is either. I don't really do low carb recipes as such, so I'll be interested in reading about them too. I'm thinking something flax.....
Old 04-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #635
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
hello there !
I had the most satisfying DD ^^ I really needed it after 4 days of south-western France greasy-meaty-cuisine
I had...
B = a chocolate shake
L = a big plate of green beans & a small fat free yogurt
D = aspargus, mushrooms, a glass of wine, few strawberries & 1 square of dark chocolate !
this was a bit carby (because of the strawberries) but still ! 450 calories !!!

doesn't it sound yummy
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:54 PM   #636

Annie, it sounds fabulous! Luscious! Good for you. Sweet dreams tonight.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #637
Senior LCF Member

Annie, that sounds so good! I love asparagus!

SoHappy, it was actually a baked mac and cheese. I wasn't sure if it was ok to mention it or if it would be hard for hungry DD'ers... :/ But OMG it's the best stuff ever. I call it crackaroni and cheese because it's impossible to stop and you crave it later. It's a Wolfgang Puck recipe that I subbed milk with hwc and flour for bake mix and bread crumbs for pork rinds, and made it with Dreamfields. Seriously. SO good. Probably wasn't extremely low carb, but still far less low carb than traditional mac and cheese!

hehe Anyway, did great on my DD today, thank goodness! I had 2 Atkins bars (170 calories ea), 1 egg (70), 1 sf jello mousse(60), and 3 big bites of baked chicken (guessing around 70). :P And lots of water. I also got myself to the gym for my favorite, zumba! I haven't been in a couple of weeks because of my vacation and having been SO busy since I got back, I was happy to go.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #638
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
I do make Ouizoids super low cal/low carb muffins in apple and eat them on DD's. They are a lot of food for very low cal and I think that I need to chew on DD's so I'm trying to include foods that are solid (my protein comes from shakes--homemade) so the muffin and salads are my go to food now.

I had DH buy me a garden salad at our Jack in the Box--he realized I wasn't cooking dinner, and wanted FOOD, so I made dressing out of FF mayo, mustard, vinegar, splenda. Honey mustard!! In our world, anyway.

I can look forward to today's UD menu, including a dinner of fajitas, with grilled onions at our favorite restaurant for fajitas. I may buy a package of LC tortillas and pull it out of my purse. . .LOL!!

JUDDD is a miracle!! Just saying!!
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:26 AM   #639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

edens, I googled the recipe--is it the one with black truffle oil?

I think it sounds good with dreamfields. . .and would work for a crowd--DH doesn't eat mac n cheese, but everyone else in the world does!!!

Thanks for the idea!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #640
Senior LCF Member

Nope, it's a different one. The Cavatappi Mac n Cheese. I got it from my friend. Who knows, maybe it's the same one and she omitted it? I'll pm you the recipe!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:36 AM   #641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Golly, I'm losing it.

Thanks to all of you, I know for sure Leo with her suggestion of cantaloupe. . .but also, who cuts their salad dressing with hot wing sauce??? I've looked and looked. . .I cannot say a personal thanks, but please step forward for the kudos. . .

I did the hot wing sauce with fat free mayo, grainy mustard, and lc/lc dressing and splenda. It was quite good, and of course, since I'm a tenderfoot, it slowed my eating down enough to make sure I was satiated with a salad for dinner with just lettuce and fresh mushrooms.

Great tip!! Of course it wouldn't have to be a DD to enjoy that dressing.

And yes, I am able to enjoy the salad greens, not just alone, but with a spritz of that awful spray dressing which I wish didn't have corn syrup in. I will fill the bottle with something less toxic. . .but it is handy and easy. . .
Old 04-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #642
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Under 70 cals Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Sandwich

Okay, that sounds fancier than it is, but I was talking today with a friend who is trying JUDDD and she was raving about this breakfast sandwich that I make all the time and told her to try. It's so simple I never thought about mentioning it here, but she said she would have never thought to make it and found it tremendously helpful for her first few DDs, so I thought I'd pass it along for anyone who might want to try it for a quick and low-cal DD menu item.

Nuke 1/4 cup of Southwestern Eggbeaters in a squarish container that is the same size as a slice of bread. In the meantime, split a slice of bread. Then plop the cooked egg square on one half of the bread, spread about a teaspoon of salsa over the egg, make it into a sandwich with the other slice of bread and nom nom nom. I'm sure you can make the egg any shape you want if you don't have a bread-shaped container. You could also cook in a skillet if you prefer--I just like the ease and convenience of the microwave for this.

35 cals for the bread, 30 for the eggbeaters and my salsa says 10 cals for 2 tablespoons, so even if you count 2 cals for the salsa it's only 67 calories for a filling "sandwich."
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #643
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks penguin. . .will have to try that.

I haven't tried the Southwestern Eggbeaters.

How long to cook the eggbeaters? I haven't done this. . .need a guideline.

Do you toast the bread to make it easier to cut?

Or is it a knack you develop?
Old 04-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #644
Senior LCF Member

lol This is why I heart low carb tortillas, don't wanna mess with cutting bread. We're in Texas magnamater, taaacooooos! I get lc ones in HEB baker section (not the breads, but the actual bakery) that are wheat and only 50 calories!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #645
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Man, I need to run to HEB. . .and check those out.

Are they corn???

What's the label, (other than HEB. . .low carb/ low cal/

And are they corn?

DH misses corn. . .although he doesn't do LC or JUDDD much.

Thanks edens. . .
Old 04-20-2011, 09:17 AM   #646
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
magna - I made a post early in this thread about splitting the bread. It's easy peasy! Yes, I toast it first, start cutting on a rounded corner, and go through the whole slice in about one second. I've been doing it so long that it is something I just do every time I eat store-bought sliced bread, even on UDs, because after you get used to eating the split bread, a full slice seems just to overpower the taste of what is in between.

The SW eggbeaters have good flavor completely different from the plain - I nuke for 1 minute. It will depend on the size of your container and the power of your microwave as to whether or not that timing works for you. I think I'm going to go make myself one of these for lunch!

I'm a Northern gal, so tortillas aren't a reegular part of my diet (except when I'm in Mexico lol) but the low-cal ones would certainly be a good option! But for me, saving 15 cals on a DD is a big deal so any tortillas I eat would be consumed on an UD - depends on what you like best!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #647
Senior LCF Member

nah, they're wheat. The package just says "Bakery Style Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortilla" and the back says they're manufactured at RFP, Dallas, TX. They have fajita size, 2 net carbs, 50 calories, and biiiiig burrito size for 80 calories (don't have the package so I can't tell you the net carbs).
Old 04-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #648
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Evening!

Had a yummy MD today! Lots of water! YAY!
Organic celery
Organic peanut butter (plain)
Shredded cabbage
Marinated grilled chicken breast

860 cals and 29 carbs YAY ME!

DD tomorrow!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #649
Senior LCF Member

RFL, what a cuuuuute puppy! And good for you for your MD!

Today I had a cheese stick and a fajita salad at Chipotle. They don't measure out exactly, so I'm not 100% sure of my calories, but going by the nutritional info on their website, it was probably around 500 calories for the day because I didn't get dressing, sour cream, guac, etc. I asked for a very light sprinkling of cheese, lots of lettuce, grilled bell pepper and onion, pico de gallo, and meat. I went for the steak fajita because the website said their chicken and steak had the same calories. lol Looking forward to my up day tomorrow! (I didn't drink enough water today.. baaad me)
Old 04-21-2011, 04:28 AM   #650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edens View Post
nah, they're wheat. The package just says "Bakery Style Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortilla" and the back says they're manufactured at RFP, Dallas, TX. They have fajita size, 2 net carbs, 50 calories, and biiiiig burrito size for 80 calories (don't have the package so I can't tell you the net carbs).
That helps, I bet they are cheaper than Mission, my regular brand. My grown DS steals them from my house. . .but he always brings back more, LOL.

Actually that's a better cal and carb deal too.

Will go this long weekend, as I want the meal deal there, have you ever gotten the HEB sliced brisket? LOVE it, better than most restaurants.

I will do brisket with the recipe of Best BBQ Sauce Ever from the Recipe Helps section. It is really yummy, we will keep it as a staple now.

Texas and BBQ--Texas and tortillas--well, let's just say we like our food in Texas!!!!!!

Happy Easter everyone, or Happy Passover (a little late here aren't I)
Old 04-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #651
Senior LCF Member

I love the Mission tortillas, too!!! I still get those just because they're thicker/fluffier and white (I think I just described myself!) :rotf:

I Have gotten their brisket and I LOVE IT, but they only have the huge ones and we don't usually have as many people as we would need to eat it all before it went bad. We want to go to Canyon Lake for Easter for picnic, fishing, and swimming. Maybe we can take a brisket.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #652
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Went to HEB by my work, no tortilla bar, they didn't have them.

Will go to big one soon.

Thanks edens!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #653
Senior LCF Member

awww, i hope you find them! maybe request them :P
Old 04-24-2011, 09:40 AM   #654
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's my Easter strawberry shortcake cake recipe--in the oven now, but the batter tells me it is spot on: Thanks to Soobee and Maria's Nutritional consulting blogspot for the tweaks:

Angel Food Cake
1 cup Jay Robb vanilla egg white protein
2 tsp baking powder, sifted
2 tsp glucomannon powder
1/8 tsp salt
1tsp cream of tartar
6 large eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp princess cake flavoring
3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
7 tbsp Erytritol and 1 pkg stevia and a few drops of neotame mix

Preheat oven to 300°F-150°C. Spray a Bundt pan with olive oil spray very well. Sift protein powder, baking powder, glu powder and salt and set aside. In a large bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff. In another bowl, beat egg yolks, sweetener, and vanilla. Beat in almond milk, and then beat in dry ingredients.

Fold into whites very carefully, and then spoon into a prepared Bundt pan. Bake for 45 minutes, then let cool 10 minutes before inverting and removing (this is the tricky part, just do your best).

72 calories 7.5 g protein. . For 12 servings very low fat
Old 04-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #655
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Hi guys!

We're still celebrating the Feast of Unleavened Bread and for our big meal today, I made Flax -Chia crackers for our unleavened bread.

This is a slight variation from the one from Laura Dolson on About.com Low crb.

6 rounded tablespoon finely-ground organic golden flax seed
1 /2 teaspoon organic chia seeds, whole
dash of salt
6 tablespoons water

Mix well, into a thick paste. Drop my rounded tablespoons onto a parchment sheet and with the back of a spoon, spread that blob into a round circle about 4 inches in diameter. Make it as thin as possible without breaking through to the parchment. I make 3 crackers per sheet.

Microwave on HI for 3 minutes. Test to see if crackers are dry, light and airy. If not completely dry, add another 30 seconds.

These are delicious as a crunchy accoutrement to any meal.

Flax chia matzah 2.jpg

Flax chia matzah 1.jpg
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:49 AM   #656
Senior LCF Member

That angelfood cake sounds good, but I don't have half that stuff! lol Ok, most of it.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #657
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Plant-Based Vegetarian~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edens View Post
I love the Mission tortillas, too!!! I still get those just because they're thicker/fluffier and white (I think I just described myself!) :rotf:

I Have gotten their brisket and I LOVE IT, but they only have the huge ones and we don't usually have as many people as we would need to eat it all before it went bad. We want to go to Canyon Lake for Easter for picnic, fishing, and swimming. Maybe we can take a brisket.
LOL Edens! Just wanted to say I love my low carb tortilla! I'm in SoCal so we love our mexican food here. One tortilla makes a ginormous taco. Yum!

RE: Leftovers, I have one of those sealing doo-hickeys that sucks out all the air and then freezes beautifully. Since we now have empty nest syndrome, that little "sucker" come in handy!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #658
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
LOL Edens! Just wanted to say I love my low carb tortilla! I'm in SoCal so we love our mexican food here. One tortilla makes a ginormous taco. Yum!

RE: Leftovers, I have one of those sealing doo-hickeys that sucks out all the air and then freezes beautifully. Since we now have empty nest syndrome, that little "sucker" come in handy!
Love your pun, need to use mine, instead of storing it.

Cake was yummy. I got 16 servings, so very low cal.

May add it to my go to foods.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #659

I was missing bruschetta. So I was thinking, "Why not just chop up and add the stuff and olive oil to chopped shirataki noodles" and that's what's for lunch today!

I'm chopping a fresh big clove of garlic, two small but nice spring onions (including lots of the nice green top part), chopping up a firm Italian tomato, sliced black olives, some fresh spinach sliced real fine, like blades of grass, some parsley and mixed Italian spices, good EVOO, and mixing it all into chopped shiratake noodles.

I hope it's delicious, because I have a hankerin' for that sort of fresh Italian flavor right now, and ****** says fewer than 200 calories, which will work for me right now... plus, I could bring the calories down quite a bit if I eased back off the quantity of black olives and olive oil that I figured in.

I just finished a late Sunday morning breakfast, but I'm looking forward to lunch with this recipe already.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #660
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
Sohappy, that sounds wonderful! I had a hankerin for italian the other day and had some grilled chicken with a couple of teaspoons of fresh pesto from our lovely italian deli. It was a satisfying and tasteful dd dinner.
mcneilnomore is offline   Reply With Quote