Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #601
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
My DD yesterday was tough but I did supplement my lunch with a big bunch of sautee'd cabbage w/ water and soy sauce, until just~tender crisp. About 30 calories and stuffed! I'll sure try that one again! I also divided my big dinner salad into two portions and ate early and then at dinner time. Helped alot.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #602
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
My DD yesterday was tough but I did supplement my lunch with a big bunch of sautee'd cabbage w/ water and soy sauce, until just~tender crisp. About 30 calories and stuffed! I'll sure try that one again! I also divided my big dinner salad into two portions and ate early and then at dinner time. Helped alot.
Blonde! I love sauteed cabbage! YUMMMM!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #603
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
I never thought of fried cabbage for a DD. Yum! Tomorrow will be a DD for me. Perhaps I'll be heading to the store after work to pick up a bag of the shredded kind to beef up my dinner. Thanks for the good tip, So!
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:53 AM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD, Monday, work day...

My menu for the day is this:

Coffee, Eggbeaters/slice LC toast~ off to work. 150

Afterwork~ more sautee'd cabbage, a nice bowl full! (30)

Dinner~ chicken breast and romaine salad w/ walden farms bacon ranch & salsa.
(240)
Snack~ chocolate glu pudding ~if I need it. (25)

I like to work on my DD, it takes the pressure off and gets me away from the fridge.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 04-04-2011 at 07:00 AM..
Old 04-04-2011, 07:12 AM   #605
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
After having my last two days be a poor DD which turned into a MD, and an UD that went way too far over my calorie 'cap', today needs to be a very good DD for me!!! I'm now at the upper end of my maintenance spread, so time to get this back under control. And BOY! Did this come on fast, as I returned from Colorado about a week ago at the low end of my maintenance spread. I hope, and think, that it's mostly 'water weight', but I want it gone!

So I have eggs hard boiled, B&S chicken breast gently cooked, and am off to make up several little salads. And a half gallon of iced tea.

And, of course, I have plenty of my GLUC CHOCOLATE PUDDING left!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #606
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope everyone had a great day!!!! I still have choc pudding if I need it...but maybe I don't. Or maybe I'm going to bed early. Or having tea instead. See? Never out of choices!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:56 AM   #607
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
yesterday was my DD.

I made the coconut peanut thai shirataki. . .

I got too much ginger/spices.

Don't make that mistake!

Sure put an end to my eating. . .it was sooooooooo bad, I'd rather not eat. . .LOL.

Best of JUDDDing luck, everyone!
magnamater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #608
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
good evening all !

today's menu was quite satisfying so i'm posting it !
B = chocolate shake
L = shirataki with kimchi & zucchini, plus a boiled egg
D = a big big plate of green beans (or do you say long bean ?!! i have to check in my dictionnary !) and a yogurt, and a nice little whole wheat cracker with seeds...

and this was under 450 calories ... how awesome
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #609
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Green beans it is, Annie! It's funny, because my favorite green beans are called French cut green beans ( they're sliced the long way to make them thinner)...they're probably not called that in France though, non?

Bonne nuit, mon amie!
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #610
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
hahaha true, an "haricot vert" is an "haricot vert" whatever you do with it

bonne nuit
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #611
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Well, I found a sure-fire way to KILL your appetite on a DD. I was making my usual Ouizoid Super LowCal muffin, apple flavor. I didn't notice anything was wrong until it finished "baking" and I saw bits of red pepper in my muffin. I had used my SOUTHWESTERN STYLE eggbeaters instead of plain!

Now, all that stuff is kind of expensive, the gluc powder, the oat fiber, the apple cider mix, so I decided "how bad can it be" and figured I'd try to eat it anyway. One bite, I almost gagged, it was so awful. I thought maybe I had mentally jinxed it, so I ventured another teeny tiny bite - and the taste was so nauseating that my appetite completely deserted me. Into the trash it went.

So, don't do that!

On the plus side (other than still not regaining my appetite), the SW eggbeaters might help make this into a more "savory" flavored muffin (just need to think of what else to flavor with OTHER than apple cider and cinnamon lol)
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #612
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
HA!! PP, this made me laugh! Why--because I have so done this! disgusting!!!

As to other muffins--I adore pumpkin with pumpkin spice and a teeny bit of FF creamcheese topping (mix ff creamcheese and Walden Farms maple syrup)--I also made lemon poppyseed with lemon extract --and I have made chocolate mint using hershey's dark cocoa and mint extract--
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #613
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HI!!

Annie, we say "green beans" you are correct! YAY!!!!! You win the green bean prize! I love, love, love green beans. Enjoy yours!

Today is eggs and liquids. I love my hard-cooked eggs and I made a dozen free-range eggs in the NuWave.

I'm drinking like a fish and will end up with a total of 4 eggs for the day. YAY!! I'm GONNA do it!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:07 AM   #614
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

RFL, asking on how to do the eggs in the NuWave. Got eggs, got nuwave!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:50 AM   #615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater View Post
RFL, asking on how to do the eggs in the NuWave. Got eggs, got nuwave!

Hi Magnamater!

I just learned this yesterday from the NuWave Cooking Club.

Place fresh, raw eggs on the rack in 1-inch position.
Cover and NuWave on HI for 12 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes, covered.
Remove eggs to a bowl with ice and water and let cool, 5 minutes or more.
Peel under running water.

I make SOOOOO many hard-cooked eggs and this was a snap, I made 12 yesterday and I'll make 12 today. So easy!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:58 AM   #616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Up day for me today, YAY!

I've incorporated more veggies into my DD. I know that seems like a no-brainer but I think I was trying too hard to eat proteins and didn't realize sauteed cabbage could be so good and so low cal! It definitely helped me get through the day in a "less starving" state. Does anyone have some "go-to" veg combos for DD's?

Regarding the muffins, additional salsa to replace the apple drink would probably be good, do you think? And cumin powder instead of cinnamon?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:00 AM   #617
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Blonde,

I've been munching on organic celery on my DDs. Very filling!
I love sauteed cabbage as well. I have to be careful not to eat to much at once, it's so sweet and filling, I can easily OVER eat it! Can you believe it? LOL!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:22 AM   #618
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Hi Blonde,

I've been munching on organic celery on my DDs. Very filling!
I love sauteed cabbage as well. I have to be careful not to eat to much at once, it's so sweet and filling, I can easily OVER eat it! Can you believe it? LOL!
Overeat? Cabbage? Sure I can see that, it's that good.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #619
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the recipe RFL.

Can you softcook eggs? Same method, less time cooking? My DS doesn't like hardcooked. He comes by for breakfast and coffee most days. (he turned 40, got to love it!)

Today I shirred the eggs in microwave, and overcooked his yolks. My bad.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #620

I'm another one who eats a LOT of vegetables on DDs! Something about the bulk of them really helps keep me feeling full and satisfied, even on the low calories of a DD. Well, I love veggies anyway, so it's the easy choice for me.

On DDs, I usually only have about 60% to 75% of my daily protein requirement, and then really get in a lot of extra protein on UDs. Those are definitely my bigger protein days. And I get quite a bit of good muscle building exercise too, so that helps me build muscle and strength, so alternating higher/lower protein amounts seems to work for me.

My favorite veggies meals for DDs are HUGE, HUGE salads, and HUGE, HUGE stir frys.

Salads are various lettuces and mixed greens, a chopped Roma tomato, chunked up cucumber, some finely sliced/shredded red or yellow pepper, some finely sliced/shredded onion, lots of sliced mushrooms, and then some tuna or chicken, and then usually with my favorite lite Italian dressing of 35 calories for 2 tablespoons.. salt & pepper and tumeric sprinkled on. I have salads that are filling up big round casserole bowls! LOL

Stir frys are lots of broccoli sprigs, chunks of both green pepper and red pepper, chunks of onion, a big carrot all sliced up diagonally, and tons of sliced mushrooms, often fresh bean sprouts too, and occasionally with some canned bamboo shoots or water chestnuts. I like sweet and spicy hot Asian sauces, so make that with 0 calorie orange drink, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, a bit of s/f honey and plenty of hot chili paste/oil to set it on fire a little bit. Oh, and glucomannan powder to thicken the sauce. Sometimes I add in some chicken or shrimp, etc. Depending on how the calories for the DD are going.

I think JUDDD is about the easiest 'diet' I've ever done, and certainly a fun one. I absolutely LOVE that I can eat all the luscious foods that are allowed on any normal low carb diet, the steaks and chops and butter and cheeses/cream, etc. And I can enjoy any other food I feel in the mood for. And it's entirely up to me how I proceed and what I choose to eat. No food lists. No good foods and bad foods. No acceptable foods and forbidden foods. Just calorie levels and limits. And that is very easy for me.

I do realize that there are some ways in which I am lucky, and those help me be able to enjoy this as much as I do.. perhaps. I have no food allergies or sensitivities. Other than thyroid disease, fibromyalgia, and arthritis, I'm in apparent good health, and certainly feel well these days on this diet! In fact, I feel so much better on this way of eating than I did previously. I never, never felt very good and strong and vibrant on very low carb, and never felt really well until I increased my carbs (mainly from additional veggies and fruits, although some grains too). So I definitely do a mid-range of carbs and feel so fabulous and energetic.

If you decide to add more veggies into your diet on your DDs, I hope it goes well for you. If it doesn't, you can always quit the DD veggies. LOL!

Good luck to us all!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ditto to everything you said SoHappy!!

Thank you for the hints re: stir fry. I'm sure this (JUDDD) is going to be even better with the addition of veggies to my DD's. I agree about the easiest diet part as well. While it may not be "easy" all the time, it certainly is easier for me than anything else as I've ever done and has better results! I love no forbidden foods or food lists. I've spent my whole life "restricted" and therefore "cheating" my way into no weight loss. I feel so fortunate to have found this WOE.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 04-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #622
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Oriental veggies are my go-to fillers on DDs lately. Over the past few months of JUDDDing I've gone from Weight Watchers 0 point soups all the time to now mostly wanting the "noodle soup" type dishes that are loaded with napa, baby bok choi, snow peas, mushrooms, bean sprouts, celery, garlic, ginger, something spicy and shiritake noodles. Sometimes I vary it to make it more of a stir fry than a soup - depends on my mood that day. If I have brocolli and cauli around, they go in there too. Who knows, maybe next week some other low cal veggie will start calling my name.

I find Ouizoid's super low-cal muffins to be GREAT fillers and will often have one in the a.m., and if I'm struggling have another one at night. And I love the gluc "gel" made with some crystal light mix, or other flavoring, and do get a feeling of satiety from it in the evening when I'm tempted to wander out to the fridge. It makes me very thirsty and by the time I have my big cup of pudding and a couple glasses of water, I couldn't stuff in another thing.

I also love love love cabbage. And when zucchini comes down from its current stratospheric price, I do love my zucchini angel hair mixed with shiratake noodles and marinara.

I also ordered some egg white protein powder since I do enjoy protein shakes and the Muscle Milk brand we buy at Costco is a little costly calorie-wise at 130 per scoop. I like to make my shakes with almond milk (35 cals a cup), so 165 cals for a shake-- that's a little more than I want to "spend" on a shake since I'm not one who gets long-term satiety from them. I'm hoping I'll like the egg white PP, which is only 75 cals per scoop and 16 gms of protein - it would be a nice option. At just over 100 cals for a shake, it's okay and gives me wiggle room for another big bowl of oriental shiratake noodle soup, or a huge salad (mine look like yours, SoHappy!)

Speaking of shiratake -- I did order from another source and I must say they are much more rubber-bandy than the miracle noodles. Not enough to turn me off since I don't mind the texture, but there is a big difference. They're a lot cheaper and at the rate I eating them, maybe it's good if they're a little more work to chew lol.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:02 AM   #623
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pugmama
I just love this group! So much support and great ideas! Saving my Shiritake noodles for next week...I love to saute yellow squash and onions...excellent! Stir-fried cabbage (I could OD on that stuff!) or cole slaw...I am getting ready to plant yellow squash and tomatoes this spring. I love, love, love okra, but will by it at the veggie stand down the road. Okra grows so well in TX as it is hot (right, Eden?!), but it is a tad cooler up here, so won't go there.
Everyone have a great weekend. Gotta pack for my trip...need to get off the computer!
Pugmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Having a magnificent DD!! ( and you would not believe how many times I had to retype magnificent)...

I slept in, had sauteed cabbage and broccoli slaw for brunchand cinnamon maple glu "cereal" awhile ago to tide me over until my main meal salad. I think I may come in well under 400 calories today without feeling hungry. That doesn't usually happen and I'm loving the veggies for filler. Yay!

I love okra but I've always had it fried. How do you prepare yours, Pug?

Penguin, I think I should probably get some egg white PP as well. My whey protein powder has too many calories for a DD.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Blonde~
Old 04-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #625
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
Hey y'all! I'm back from New York! I tried to JUDDD while I was there. I did ok the first day, but that was it. lol I haven't weighed since I got back... But I'm back and on my second DD since my return and doing great. I was so sick of food! I haven't eaten anything at all today and it's about 7:30, and I'm not even really hungry!! Hope you're all doing well!
edens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #626

edens, good luck when you step on that scale! You might have done a whole lot better than you think you did in maintaining where you were when you started your NY vacation, you know. Just because you aren't doing JUDDD DDs, doesn't mean that you are necessarily gaining weight. At least, that's what we're going to be thinking until proven wrong!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:10 AM   #627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mornin' Friends!

Just coming off a really good DD. B:Coffee, L:cabbage and my usual chicken breast salad for dinner!

Work today. My allergies are terrible this morning! I cannot breathe through nose at all...I hesitate to take claritin, it makes me super hyper but how else can I get through work? The price I pay for a green lawn and flowers...and spring.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Mornin' Friends!

Just coming off a really good DD. B:Coffee, L:cabbage and my usual chicken breast salad for dinner!

Work today. My allergies are terrible this morning! I cannot breathe through nose at all...I hesitate to take claritin, it makes me super hyper but how else can I get through work? The price I pay for a green lawn and flowers...and spring.
Sorry you are having allergy flaring up! UGH! I hate stuffy noses! I suppose you have trees sending out pollen or something. It won't be long before we have that happen here, and when it does, our glass-topped back patio table is just covered with yellow pollen every day. But, yes.. it is all so beautiful!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:19 PM   #629
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pugmama
Blonde: I eat pickled okra and boiled okra. Also, I put cornmeal on it and bake it in the oven and let's not forget the fried okra!!! I stir fry it sometimes with cubed chicken breast with Cajun seasoning. It gets slimy and may not be the best stir-fry veggie in the world, but there you have it!
Sauted squash and onion tonight for DD supper.
Pugmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #630
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde, our allergy reports are just starting to get a bit better.

Wish there was a magic pill for me when the ash juniper and oak are pollenating. Trying the newest over the counter.

Expecting a miracle!!