Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edens View Post
Well, the low 180 calories wasn't on purpose. I hadn't been hungry in the morning, so I didn't eat until like 2:30 in the afternoon. I had an all beef nitrate free hot dog. lol Then around 6pm I layed down because I was in a bad mood (my husband was being childish lol) and I guess I was more tired than I thought because I just kept sleeping! I woke up around 5:30 or 5:45 this morning. I think I slept too much because I'm kinda bleh today.
LOL! I've been known to put myself in time out when I can't handle someone's grumpiness, usually DH.

I just made the glu pancake with chicken broth. I put the broth in my blender, turned it on the lowest setting, sprinkled in the tablespoon of glu powder, popped the lid on the blender and gave it a whirl! Poured it directly into a non-stick skillet, let it sit for a minute or so, then turned up the heat. It takes a long time to cook it, I think. It's just sitting there in the skillet, waiting for me to do something to it. I keep walking over to the stove and poking it with my finger.....

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #512
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
I did mine directly in the skillet too, Blonde - I let it set up for a while first to sort of rubberize, don't know if that made any difference at all. One thing I found, if you cook it too much then it gets chewy on the outside which is what those of you who don't care for the texture of the miracle noodles want to avoid!

Also, when I flipped it over, a little bit folded onto itself and merged into one thicker area. So I squished it down with my turner to thin it back out, and it makes noise! This stuff is a riot.

I flavored that batch with DaVinci's pumpkin pie spice, which was not a very successful taste--I don't really care for that syrup so it wasn't the glumpling's fault. I was just hoping to use up some of the syrup. Anyway, I squirted a couple tablespoons of FF "whipped cream" on it and it was okay and actually kind of decadent, for 5 or 10 calories. The can says a serving is 2 tablespoons for 5 calories, but I have no clue how you measure it.

On a pudding note--for your pudding recipe, what type of butter flavoring do you use? I seem to be missing that one from my spice cabinet.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
Where do y'all get your glu powder? Netrition only has capsules.
edens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Where do y'all get your glu powder? Netrition only has capsules.
I ordered mine from Konjac Foods. You can find it if you do a web search on glucomannan. I wish Netrition would carry it!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post

On a pudding note--for your pudding recipe, what type of butter flavoring do you use? I seem to be missing that one from my spice cabinet.
It was in the baking isle with the vanilla flavoring, etc. There it was "Imitation Butter Flavor" in the little bottles. I thought, mmmmm.....butter.

Yes this glu pancake is weird...IDK. I may have to get pretty hungry..... I'm wondering if it can be dropped by the teaspoon full to set up, then boil it like gnocchi? Even if it turns out not to "do it" for me, I still love to make and eat the puddings and gravies!!! As a thickener it is the BOMB!
Old 03-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Gloodles - if you really want a noodle-ish substance - very long with pictures!

Okay, I decided to play a bit with the glu powder to see if I could come up with some type of wrap. I kinda did, but at the same time realized it could make a sort of noodle-ish substance as well. These do NOT have a "real" pasta feel, but they sorta twirl a bit, are completely chewable and smell good! I'll bet you could add some wheat gluten or flax to get a more pasta-like texture, but my goal was to get a very very low-cal thing so I didn't add anything with extra calories. I figure it's about 10 cals for the serving, plus any sauce you add - as shown, with 1/4 cup TJ's marinara, it would be 35 cals.

Recipe:

2 tbs. oat fiber
1/2 tsp. glu powder
1/4 tsp. baking powder
Dash of garlic salt
1 tbs. egg beaters (I used Southwest style which is why you see some red pepper in there, and I think the color makes it nicer than just egg whites but egg whites would work too)
2 tbs. chicken broth or other flavored liquid

Mix your dry ingredients together:

Mix broth and egg product together and add to dry mix:

Mush together - you can stir but in the end I found it easy to work it with my fingers, until you form a nice ball:

Let it rest for a bit for the fibers to absorb the stickiness. Then roll it out - I did it on a silpat but I think parchment paper would work, too. I did not try to do it on any other surface since I was afraid it would stick:

Bake at 350 for 3 minutes, then turn it over and bake two more minutes. When it's done it will look exactly the same except you can pick it up and even whap someone in the face with it:

It's very flexible and yet sturdy:

Cut it into noodle-like strands. I suspect a pasta machine would do the trick but I didn't feel like getting it dirty for this, so I just used a pizza cutter:

Makes a nice pile o' noodle-ish pieces - about a cup:

Holds up well to sauce; in fact, absorbs some of the sauce into itself if it sits for a while:

You won't be tricked into thinking you're eating real pasta, but it is oh-so-filling, semi-decent (but far from perfect) in texture, and cheaper than miracle noodles. The texture feels better in the mouth if you just have a few noodles per forkful - if you pile in a whole mouthful at a time, not so great. I completely forgot to try it as a wrap lol.

Anyway, I like fooling around in the kitchen and had fun with this--maybe someone can improve it, or just have it on hand for when you want noodles and don't have the shiritake around.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Where's the picture of you whapping someone in the face with it? I'm very visual. . .

Seriously. . .I can't wait until my glu powder arrives!
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

"Anyway, I like fooling around in the kitchen and had fun with this--maybe someone can improve it, or just have it on hand for when you want noodles and don't have the shiritake around."

Wow! Grrreat pictures! Now that looked really good! I still haven't eaten mine I just need to be hungrier I guess. Did you see the post for glu "cheese bread" on the glucomannan recipes? I want to try that one too!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:28 PM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Bake at 350 for 3 minutes, then turn it over and bake two more minutes. When it's done it will look exactly the same except you can pick it up and even whap someone in the face with it:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!! What a visual!!

You are da bomb!!!!!!

Great pictures!!!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Where's the picture of you whapping someone in the face with it? I'm very visual. . .
Andrea, I'm with you!! I wanna see the face-whapping action of the baked glumpling!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
It was in the baking isle with the vanilla flavoring, etc. There it was "Imitation Butter Flavor" in the little bottles. I thought, mmmmm.....butter.

Yes this glu pancake is weird...IDK. I may have to get pretty hungry..... I'm wondering if it can be dropped by the teaspoon full to set up, then boil it like gnocchi? Even if it turns out not to "do it" for me, I still love to make and eat the puddings and gravies!!! As a thickener it is the BOMB!
Just a note*~ I didn't eat the gloodle-glumplings I made. I could not.

I had miracle noodles for lunch instead. Looking forward to my up day tomorrow.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #522
Senior LCF Member

lol I got some glu pills today, but they don't carry the powder or miracle noodles (it's a health food store). They took my number and said if they get it they'd call me. Tempted to bust open some pills... lol

Today was an up day for me.

B- 3 egg with cheese omelette and 2 slices of bacn
L - Atkins caramel nut bar
D - 2 lc tacos with cheese and guac
Total calories 1092
Old 03-16-2011, 07:44 AM   #523
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
This is a recipe that no one will like but me, but there's a solution for the rest of you!

I don't do any sweeteners at all, and so I've acquired a taste for unsweetened baking chocolate and/or cocoa.

I adapted a recipe that I saw on the Primal eating website to make a 'brownie.' My version is about 80 cal and makes a fantastic DD 'meal' with a hot cup of tea or coffee (I say "meal" because on DDs all my meals are snacks in terms of quantity.)

I spray a mug with Pam (I use a soup mug which is broader and lower than a coffee mug.)

I mix 1/2 cup of my egg whites (50 cal) with 2 heaping T of unsweetened baking cocoa (30 cal) and a sprinkling of cinnamon (those of you who use AS could add your Splenda, etc.). I mix it thoroughly, either with a fork (messy) or my stick blender and microwave it for 2 min.

I have found this to be delicious and very satisfying (good protein in the egg white). It also feels decadent for a DD, and I think that's good!
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Leo--what a great recipe! DD for me today, and I was not in the mood for my usual SW eggbeaters thing. This hit the spot. I did add two drops of liquid Splenda to it. It did feel decadent and was exactly what I needed this a.m.

Had a good UD yesterday up until late at night when an alien took over my brain and sent me in a zombie-like shuffle to the pantry where I grabbed a can of mixed nuts and demolished half of them...sigh...my first real loss of control on an UD but I'm sure it won't be the last. That is what is so great about this plan--other late-night binges would have me weighing myself this a.m. and being all depressed over my lack of control and the retained water from the salty nuts, and lead to an out-of-control eating frenzy for a few days. But with JUDDD--bypassed the scale since I'm trying to hold to twice-weekly weigh-ins, and I know I'm always up after an UD anyway. It's back to the DD today, and somehow I'm just fine with that. I think your recipe really helped, too, since it did feel "special" and lulled that inner binge-monster into settling down.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #525
Senior LCF Member

I still haven't gotten my hands on a bag of gluc powder, but I got some capsules yesterday. When I made my breakfast protein shake I emptied 3 into it to help thicken it up. Worked like a charm!
Old 03-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I still haven't gotten my hands on a bag of gluc powder, but I got some capsules yesterday. When I made my breakfast protein shake I emptied 3 into it to help thicken it up. Worked like a charm!
Yay!!!

Leo~ great recipe!
Old 03-16-2011, 05:49 PM   #527
Senior LCF Member

For dinner I had 2 cups of bean sprouts and 4.5 oz salmon stir fried in 1 tbs of soy sauce, 1 tbs of teriyaki sauce and a hint of minced garlic and a bowl of miso soup with a glu capsule dumped out into it. I HAD TINY GLUMPLINGS. Really tiny ones for the most part except for one bigger one. Here I was thinking I had mixed it so well, too. lol And a sf jello mousse for dessert. Breakfast I had a protein shake. Total calories for the day right at around 500.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Tough DD for me today--yesterday's late-night nut binge triggered something and I have been hungry hungry hungry all day. We were out and about earlier, and I was starving when we got back. I wanted food NOW! I really needed something super low-cal to fill the void and I needed it fast! Someone (I think RFL?) previously posted a simple soup using glu powder to thicken broth. I couldn't find the "recipe" so just did this:

1 qt chicken broth (box from Aldi) 20 cals
1 cup (after cooking) napa chin 13 cals
1 cup canned sliced mushrooms 60 cals
2 packs miracle noodles 0 cals
1 tsp chicken soup base 15 cals
1/2 tsp glu powder 0 cals

I reserved about a cup of the broth for my shaker cup. Then brought the rest of the broth to a boil and tossed in the napa, which I had cut in a large shred. Cooked a minute to wilt the napa a little then scooped it out to measure how much I had--one cup cooked--put it back in and added the mushrooms and miracle noodles. I shook the glu powder in the cool broth for a couple of seconds then added it to the soup. Tasted the broth...hmmm...That glu powder really does minimize flavor...needed something more so I added a tsp. of powdered chicken soup base, did the trick. It could be eliminated though. The whole large pot is just over one hundred calories and was a very satisfying "noodle" dish more than a soup. I ate two big bowls. DH ate one. There's still a couple of bowls left. This was a great hunger buster and took about five minutes to make, another five to cook. Woo hoo, low-cal fast food!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #529
Senior LCF Member

I have GOT to get me some miracle noodles! lol That sounds awesome.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #530
Senior LCF Member

I love the miracle noodles, edens --some, like SoHappy, don't care for them. I enjoy playing with the glu powder and trying the different experiments, but to me nothing tops those miracle noodles in dishes like this. I know this diet would be really tough for me without them.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #531
Senior LCF Member

I just ordered some online! I got a variety pack of tofu shiratake noodles with 5 angel hair and 5 fettucinni (spelling) lol and then 2 different brands of the plain ol white noodles to see which one was better, and then also some of the brown ones with yam and seaweed. Should be interesting! Also got some kewpie mayonnaise which is soooo yummy, and some udon broth, furikake seasonings, and a shiratake 'lunchbox' which is portable noodle soup, abalone flavor. Figure that'll be good to take to work on down days.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:44 AM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
For dinner I had 2 cups of bean sprouts and 4.5 oz salmon stir fried in 1 tbs of soy sauce, 1 tbs of teriyaki sauce and a hint of minced garlic and a bowl of miso soup with a glu capsule dumped out into it. I HAD TINY GLUMPLINGS. Really tiny ones for the most part except for one bigger one. Here I was thinking I had mixed it so well, too. lol And a sf jello mousse for dessert. Breakfast I had a protein shake. Total calories for the day right at around 500.
That sounds like a yummy dinner! I love stir fry and I adore salmon.

Quote:
Tough DD for me today--yesterday's late-night nut binge triggered something and I have been hungry hungry hungry all day. We were out and about earlier, and I was starving when we got back. I wanted food NOW! I really needed something super low-cal to fill the void and I needed it fast! Someone (I think RFL?) previously posted a simple soup using glu powder to thicken broth. I couldn't find the "recipe" so just did this:

I reserved about a cup of the broth for my shaker cup. Then brought the rest of the broth to a boil and tossed in the napa, which I had cut in a large shred. Cooked a minute to wilt the napa a little then scooped it out to measure how much I had--one cup cooked--put it back in and added the mushrooms and miracle noodles. I shook the glu powder in the cool broth for a couple of seconds then added it to the soup. Tasted the broth...hmmm...That glu powder really does minimize flavor...needed something more so I added a tsp. of powdered chicken soup base, did the trick. It could be eliminated though. The whole large pot is just over one hundred calories and was a very satisfying "noodle" dish more than a soup. I ate two big bowls. DH ate one. There's still a couple of bowls left. This was a great hunger buster and took about five minutes to make, another five to cook. Woo hoo, low-cal fast food!
That sounds really good Penguin...and Yes the glu powder does seem to minimize flavor, I just add a little more salt!
Old 03-17-2011, 04:47 AM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got my spirooli-like vegetable slicer from Amazon yesterday!! I'm making some zucchini noodles today to eat with my miracle noodles. My last DD was toughy, so I'm hoping to bulk it up somewhat with veggies, miracle noodles and some of that "glued" up chicken broth.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #534
Senior LCF Member

I love my spiral slicer! I hope you enjoy the veggie noodles as much as we do, Blonde. They are just awesome.

Sticker shock at the grocery store last night: Zucchini $4.89 a pound?????????? I will have to venture a bit farther out to buy some veggies.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #535
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I love my spiral slicer! I hope you enjoy the veggie noodles as much as we do, Blonde. They are just awesome.

Sticker shock at the grocery store last night: Zucchini $4.89 a pound?????????? I will have to venture a bit farther out to buy some veggies.
Wow! They were $2.99 here and that's kinda high for California. We'll grow some this spring ourselves anyway...along with tomatoes peppers cucumbers and yellow squash. We do this every year.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Posting my DD menu:

B: Southwestern eggbeaters and steamed broccoli slaw (75)

Coffee with Almond milk (17)

L: Miracle noodles (0)
Glu Gravy (10)
broccoli slaw (15)
Coke Zero (0)

D: Chicken (210)
Romaine (20)
WF dressing/salsa (15)

Assorted teas and water to fill in the hungries. Good thing DH and I don't make a big deal out of St Pattys Day or I could feel deprived. Did I mention all those "bites" (Peanut butter no-bake cheescake) I made yesterday must remain "unbitten" today???
Old 03-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

YAY!!!!! Yes, I love mine (which is similar and VERY filling!) This stuff is FUN!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Leo inspired me!! (again!) LOL!

Thanks Leo for posting your cocoa egg "brownie."
It reminded me that I love these things!!!

Mine is:
1 egg, beaten
1 TB unsweetened cocoa powder ( I like the Special Dark)
sprinkle of cinnamon
tiny bit of stevia

Whisk in a wide coffee mug and micro for 1 minute 45 seconds.

YUMMY, like a little cake and very satisfying.

I have made this my new "bedtime snack".
Old 03-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #539
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Just stopping in to post my DD menu. . .

B: coffee w/ half & half (40)
L: 2 FF hot dogs, 1 slice split bread, 1/2Tbls lite mayo/SF ketchup combo, SF jello cup(170)
S: SF pudding cup w/FF whipped cream (65), 2 slices ham (20)
1 stick of SF gum (5)
D: was thinking of tuna, but don't feel like it now. . .maybe a ham wrap

I was also just trolling the glucomannan recipe thread (my glu powder just arrived yesterday ) and am seriously considering just making a bowl of chocolate pudding and calling it dinner.

Not sure what my calories are going to be for the day. . .I'm only at 300 right now. Time will tell. . .

Also, I forgot to mention that I did 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning, so I burned a bunch of calories before I ever really ate anything. Wonder what that will do to the scale in the morning?

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 03-18-2011 at 05:32 PM..
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Y'all!!!!!

Good to see everyone posting!!

My DD is very simple. I've been running ALL day with drs etc. I knew that I would so I planned my menu to be basic, primal.

4 eggs (3 hard-boiled, 1 microwave chocolate)
Lotsa water

Th-th-th-th-that's ALL Folks!