Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 09:46 AM   #481
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Oh, Little Girl.... you are an artist! Those loaves are just beautiful. What a wonderful offering bread always is. I wish you were able to eat it too. We are all so different in how we tolerate and benefit from different foods.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Oh, Little Girl.... you are an artist! Those loaves are just beautiful. What a wonderful offering bread always is. I wish you were able to eat it too. We are all so different in how we tolerate and benefit from different foods.

Thank you SoHappy, thank you. It's my creative outlet! I love doing it!

I don't eat bread, even as healthy as mine is because of gluten insensitivity. My family eats it though and they love my homemade.

At the buffet last night, someone brought Bojangles' chicken and biscuits. Now, these are highly-rated biscuits in the South . My husband said my homemade, whole grain sourdough biscuits were BETTER than the Bojangles' biscuits. (He tasted one there). THAT thrills me!!

Thanks again. I love to make my food LOOK as good as it tastes, including my breads.
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
OMG SoHappy - I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU

I can't wait to try this. Even though this is either a MD or UD, I am going to stuff myself full of SoHappy Stuff.

And, can you even imagine the $$$ savings - those shiratake noodles are anywhere from $1.39 to $2+ PER BAG, and if you can make 100 servings of noodles from one bag of konjac you can potentiall save almost $200 and enjoy them even more. Woo hoo hoo!

RFL - I am in awe of your bread-baking talent. Those loaves are totally gorgeous.

It's my 2-month anniversary on JUDDD today. I'm down 18 pounds in two months, and have never felt so free on a diet. Love it!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #484
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
It's my 2-month anniversary on JUDDD today. I'm down 18 pounds in two months, and have never felt so free on a diet. Love it!

WHAAAAATTTTTT???? 18 pounds in TWO months???? WOW Donna! WOW!

You ROCK girl!!!!!!! <---- anniversary!

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 03-12-2011 at 10:46 AM..
Old 03-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I can't wait to try this. Even though this is either a MD or UD, I am going to stuff myself full of SoHappy Stuff.
DO tell us what you make and how!!

Quote:
RFL - I am in awe of your bread-baking talent. Those loaves are totally gorgeous.
Awwwww, thanks sweetie.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #486

Quote:
And, can you even imagine the $$$ savings - those shiratake noodles are anywhere from $1.39 to $2+ PER BAG, and if you can make 100 servings of noodles from one bag of konjac you can potentiall save almost $200 and enjoy them even more. Woo hoo hoo!
Congratulations on your great weight loss success on JUDDD in just these two months!!! You are doing fabulously, and I look you good 'losers' for my inspiration. Sadly, I'm a snail. But... (brightening up) I like what I eat.

But you aren't going to be using just a single teaspoon to a cup of flavored fluid, you have to use a full tablespoon of gluc powder to a cup of fluid. So it won't last as long as you figured, but it will far outdistance the costs of buying noodles!!!

I just ate half of what I made for lunch. Oh, my gosh! I am so full. I cooked up some green pepper, onion, and broccoli twigs until just slightly tender and set aside. Made my fluid of 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 cup pineapple juice from the canned chunk *pineapple in juice*, added in some 0-cal mango-orange beverage, and used that to make the gluc jelly pancake, which I cooked up until it was sticky-chewy... cut into chunks, added back in the veggies and 1/2 cup of the pineapple chunks and stirred in about a big teaspoon of HOT chile oil paste. Sprinkle of salt. Oh, it was so good! Sort of a Polynesian/Asian taste to it, and so filling that I couldn't eat but half. I have the rest in the refrig and will have it for supper.

I'm going to love this!

See you all this evening! I'm away for the afternoon. Time to go play.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #487

Gallery: roro
Stats: 206/190/125
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12-29-2000, restart 12/30/13
Quote:
Y
Well, mix together 1 tbsp of glucomannan powder with a scant 1 cup of fluid and immediately pour it out onto a plate to set up. It will turn into this rubbery flat glob. Maybe a little fluid left too, but that gets poured into the skillet too. This flat pancake glob is what gets fried up in your non-stick skillet with just a tiny spritz of spray oil (which you could probably skip entirely if your non-stick skillet is decent)... Chop the gluc pancake into pieces right in the skillet or wait until it's crisped on both sides to cut it up on a cutting board. You will cook this stuff to whatever 'dryness' you personally want
This sounds simple, but I have managed to screw it up. How exactly do you mix it? I ended up with a gelatinous mass with several clumps of unmixed powder. I just poured the flour into the water and stir. Is there some other way to do this? sprinkle it in while mixing with a hand-mixer? or do you just learn to love the clumps?
I flavored it with raspberry flavoring, liquid splenda, erythritol, and red food coloring. trying to make gummy candies. its on a flat plate now, i just took the big clumps out. i am going to cut it up into small pieces and I don't know if i still need to pan fry it.
roro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #488
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Plant-Based Vegetarian~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:

Well, I'm so excited about this. To be able to mix up batches in any flavor of the rainbow, whether meaty or fruity or savory or whatever, is going to be a big help for DDs.

I don't have much of the *martyr* gene. While I do actually enjoy the 'empty' feeling of DDs, I don't ever like having to experience any gnawing feelings in my stomach. So this stuff acting as 'fill' is going to make DDs a breeze now!!!!!
I'm so with you on this! My DD are close to 500, I can't seem to get anywhere near the ultra low cals of some of us. Thank you! Thank you! I stole your recipe and put it in my journal so I wouldn't lose it.

Quote:

Penguin, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout too!

Congrats on the pounds lost The best part about JUDDD is you don't have to lose those 18lbs over and over!

Quote:
Congratulations on your great weight loss success on JUDDD in just these two months!!! You are doing fabulously, and I look you good 'losers' for my inspiration. Sadly, I'm a snail. But... (brightening up) I like what I eat.

I just ate half of what I made for lunch. Oh, my gosh! I am so full. I cooked up some green pepper, onion, and broccoli twigs until just slightly tender and set aside. Made my fluid of 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 cup pineapple juice from the canned chunk *pineapple in juice*, added in some 0-cal mango-orange beverage, and used that to make the gluc jelly pancake, which I cooked up until it was sticky-chewy... cut into chunks, added back in the veggies and 1/2 cup of the pineapple chunks and stirred in about a big teaspoon of HOT chile oil paste. Sprinkle of salt. Oh, it was so good! Sort of a Polynesian/Asian taste to it, and so filling that I couldn't eat but half. I have the rest in the refrig and will have it for supper.

I'm going to love this!

See you all this evening! I'm away for the afternoon. Time to go play.
So Happy, I'm a snail too...but like a snail, blink a few times and I'm further on down the sidewalk, almost like magic! You recipe sounds fabulous! I'm thinking if you make a glu pancake with pizza sauce and water, do the fry thing, then add mozzarella and turkey pepperoni...does that make pizza? I'm going to try this.

RFL~ Your bread is beautiful, just like you.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
RFL~ Your bread is beautiful, just like you.
Oh Blonde, thank you!! What a sweet thing to say!

I got a chuckle about the snail being further down the road when we blink. It's TRUE!!

My hopes are for all of us (snails and others) to keep going further down the road!
Old 03-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Wowza, SoHappy and Ouizoid!!

Gonna make a pancake, gonna make a pancake!

I HOPE both DH and I like it. DH can't do shirataki. I like shirataki, if it is Ouiz's peanut coconut thai, but not with Italian stuff.

Besides, I'm getting ready for a camping trip in a little bitty motorhome, and this would be easier to take than a bunch of noodles, so I'm giving it a run in a bit.

Will report back.

Janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by roro View Post
This sounds simple, but I have managed to screw it up. How exactly do you mix it? I ended up with a gelatinous mass with several clumps of unmixed powder. I just poured the flour into the water and stir. Is there some other way to do this? sprinkle it in while mixing with a hand-mixer? or do you just learn to love the clumps?
I flavored it with raspberry flavoring, liquid splenda, erythritol, and red food coloring. trying to make gummy candies. its on a flat plate now, i just took the big clumps out. i am going to cut it up into small pieces and I don't know if i still need to pan fry it.
roro!!!!! I'm so glad to see your post! I remember you from so long ago but hadn't seen you posting for a long time. I see that you post in Support Unlimited, and I guess that isn't one I've been visiting. I'm so glad you are still here!

As to the mixing of this stuff... try spreading your tablespoon of powder reasonably evenly over the surface of the plate. Then very gently pour the cup of fluid over the powder. It will dislodge and move some of the powder a little bit with its flow, but you can use a pancake turner to pat it around a bit.

As the stuff begins to get 'rubbery', you may well see where some of the underlying powder isn't being taken up into the fluid. So use your pancake turner to lift up a section of the 'stuff' and tilt the plate a bit so that fluid flows down beneath the part you're holding up. Then release it to continue to soak up the fluid that flowed under. Do this around the plate so that there is enough fluid that flowed under for all the powder to be used in the 'absorbing' process.

See if this helps.

Just be aware that unless you are a much better artist than I am, this stuff is still a mess! Maybe later this evening or tomorrow I can post some pictures.

Glad to see you again!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #492

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Blonde with a Rose[/B];14464771] So Happy, I'm a snail too...but like a snail, blink a few times and I'm further on down the sidewalk, almost like magic!

You recipe sounds fabulous! I'm thinking if you make a glu pancake with pizza sauce and water, do the fry thing, then add mozzarella and turkey pepperoni...does that make pizza? I'm going to try this.

Blonde/Rose, I love your charming observation about snails! I'm going to remember that. When I'm feeling like progress just isn't in the cards for me, I'll recall your remark and cheer myself up! Thank you!

And as to making pizza crust... I really don't think it can work for that. Once you begin to 'fry' up a batch of this stuff, you'll see what I mean. Because of the fluid that is put into it to make the rubbery gel, the frying just keeps sizzling out water content again. I don't think you can get the stuff 'crusty'.

BUT, I'll bet you could make this stuff with the pizza sauce/water as you suggested, and then mix the flavored gluc chunks/pieces with the pepperoni and cheese all heated through and make a sort of pizza-tasting heap of something!!!

(This stuff is truly weird!)
Old 03-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #493

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
magnamater[/B];14464901]Wowza, SoHappy and Ouizoid!!

Gonna make a pancake, gonna make a pancake!

I HOPE both DH and I like it. DH can't do shirataki. I like shirataki, if it is Ouiz's peanut coconut thai, but not with Italian stuff.

Besides, I'm getting ready for a camping trip in a little bitty motorhome, and this would be easier to take than a bunch of noodles, so I'm giving it a run in a bit.

Will report back.

Janie
Janie, it is truly weird stuff! But I like the chunks of this stuff so much better than the noodles for something to put in my stomach, I can't even begin to tell you!

If it weren't for the fact that the noodles were 0 calories, I think they would have faded from the earth!

This stuff turns into sort of sticky chunks, but tasting of whatever you've put into them, AND YOU CAN CHEW THE CHUNKS...... UNLIKE THE NOODLES!
Old 03-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Sticky chunks...NOW you tell me lol.

For some reason I expected noodle-like strands. Not to worry, I ended up with sort of gnocchi-like, dumpling-like...er...brown glu substances (I used beef broth as my liquid). Topped them off with some Trader Joe's marinara and a few shakes of parm and it was really good!

Okay, here's how it went for me. I have success with shaking my glu powder, so I measured a cup of beef broth into my tupperware shaker, sprinkled in the glu powder, and shook really hard for a couple of seconds. Then I immediately poured it into a square glass pan (I was thinking to cut the finished product with my pizza cutter into noodles--didn't happen). Anyway, after I let it firm up for a while it looked so thick to me, that I put the brown glu blob between two silpats and rolled it thin. Then it was too big to fit into the skillet I wanted to use (GREEN PAN--Nothing sticks, love it). Got the pan nice and hot, "cooked" the glu and watched it shrink back to the same size it had been before I rolled it out. It has a memory! I didn't know how long to cook it so I flipped it a couple of times until I got a nice brown "sear" to it, but the insides were still soft. Should I have cooked it longer?

Mine puffed up as it cooked. Then settled back down. Almost like it was breathing....

Anyway, I don't like to cut in the Green Pan so I plopped it onto a cutting board and tried using the pizza cutter--didn't work well. So I used my kitchen shears and cut it into wide strips, then gnocchi-sized blobs and that was fine. Even my Italian husband said it wasn't too bad.

Next time, I'll pour the glu batter right into the skillet and let it firm up and then cook it--less mess.

It was a good comfort food and I liked it. But since I also like the shiratake noodles and they're easy I'll probably still use those too. It's great to have these though--I think they'd be great dumpling substitutes, great as "mac and cheese" etc.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #495

Quote:

For some reason I expected noodle-like strands. Not to worry, I ended up with sort of gnocchi-like, dumpling-like...er...brown glu substances (I used beef broth as my liquid). Topped them off with some Trader Joe's marinara and a few shakes of parm and it was really good!

Okay, here's how it went for me. I have success with shaking my glu powder, so I measured a cup of beef broth into my tupperware shaker, sprinkled in the glu powder, and shook really hard for a couple of seconds. Then I immediately poured it into a square glass pan (I was thinking to cut the finished product with my pizza cutter into noodles--didn't happen). Anyway, after I let it firm up for a while it looked so thick to me, that I put the brown glu blob between two silpats and rolled it thin. Then it was too big to fit into the skillet I wanted to use (GREEN PAN--Nothing sticks, love it). Got the pan nice and hot, "cooked" the glu and watched it shrink back to the same size it had been before I rolled it out. It has a memory! I didn't know how long to cook it so I flipped it a couple of times until I got a nice brown "sear" to it, but the insides were still soft. Should I have cooked it longer?

Mine puffed up as it cooked. Then settled back down. Almost like it was breathing....

Anyway, I don't like to cut in the Green Pan so I plopped it onto a cutting board and tried using the pizza cutter--didn't work well. So I used my kitchen shears and cut it into wide strips, then gnocchi-sized blobs and that was fine. Even my Italian husband said it wasn't too bad.

Next time, I'll pour the glu batter right into the skillet and let it firm up and then cook it--less mess.

It was a good comfort food and I liked it. But since I also like the shiratake noodles and they're easy I'll probably still use those too. It's great to have these though--I think they'd be great dumpling substitutes, great as "mac and cheese" etc.
Absolutely cracking up!!! You have described so much of what working with this stuff has been like for me today.

I'll have to try putting it directly into the skillet next time and start the cooking that way. Certainly would be a lot less mess than making it on a plate and then trying to transfer it.

Funny that you rolled it out and it regained its shape as it cooked. LOL

Well, truthfully, what I am most excited about is that this stuff can be flavored to become a substitute for some higher calorie ingredient that I won't be eating on Down Days!

But, yeah.... kinda' sticky chunks!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:44 PM   #496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening Y'all,

I just finished my bedtime snack, so I'm feeling comfortable.

Posting my MD menu for today. I like the accountability.

Egg white chocolate protein shake with GLUC powder (split over the day)
3 HB eggs (one for breakfast, lunch and bedtime snack)
12 ounces roasted chicken breast (splt over 2 meals)
1 cup kale
8 cups organic Spring Mix (split into 2 meals)
2 TB dressing (split)

1,056 Calories

34.3 Fat

32.4 Carbs

8.6 Fiber

154.3 Protein
Old 03-13-2011, 09:48 AM   #497
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

What an ordeal, and how funny! I think pouring it into the skillet to set up is a great idea. Memory chunks...kinda creepy, huh? Someone here, Ouisue I think, called it franken-food. Today is my DD so I'm going to make some.!

SoHappy~ lol! No I didn't think it would make pizza crust, but just a really tasty pizza gnocchi/dumplings. Sounds good! I'm glad you like my snail analogy...sometimes these things just present themselves to me.

RFL~Great MD menu. I may need to have an MD day today, but playing it by ear. I hope I can keep it down but if not I'll just toss in an extra meal. So far today I've had coffee (35 cals) and 1/3 cup of southwestern eggbeaters. (45?).

I went over my carb limit yesterday and I feel like I have a food hangover. Woke up with a stuffy nose and feeling really lethargic. Sticking to ultra low carb today! Anyone else feel like this after too many carbs?
Old 03-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #498
Senior LCF Member

Memory chunks--lol! I forgot to include, that after I cooked the first square and it shrunk down enough, I put the second square in the skillet, and somehow when my back was turned they merged back together again to make one...being. I seriously could not tell where the "merge point" was when I turned it onto the cutting board for butchering.

I loved the snail analogy too--and I am usually such a snail when trying to lose weight, that the success I've had with JUDDD is just blowing me away. I seriously did not lose weight this fast on a very very very low-cal diet. Nor on Atkins. It is defintely slowing down but that is okay with me. I would love to see a steady 1# a week loss.

I am wondering if I can take a bag of konjac powder to Mexico without the customs officials arresting me for drug smuggling. I mean, it is just a big bag o' white powder. Leo is the cruiser and I'm the timeshare traveler (although I absolutely LOVE cruises too), and on April 9 me and my gal pals are going to Cancun. I'm thinking if I can get a bag of konjac through customs, I can live on gluco-gnocchi for the week and spend all my calories on guacamole and margaritas, using real tequila and the SF margarita mix from Target. Not the best nutritional choice, but it could be fun. I can totally control my food at the timeshare.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #499

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
penguinpower[/B];14467022]I am wondering if I can take a bag of konjac powder to Mexico without the customs officials arresting me for drug smuggling. I mean, it is just a big bag o' white powder.
Hide it in the wheel well of a the car. I understand they never think to check there. I'm wanting to take some on the plane to Colorado this week. I think I'm going to have to put it in an empty face powder container to get it through. I tried to take home a new and unopened-still-with-its-seal container of Devon cream I bought at a little English import shop there, and that got taken away from me.

On another note, do you rent the timeshares or did you own a bunch of them? I read an article that they are very hard to sell when you are tired of yours, so I was always hesitant to buy one, but it would be fun to use those owned by others! How do you manage this?
Old 03-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #500
Senior LCF Member

We own way too many timeshares--went nuts on Ebay and got most of them for $1. They ARE difficult to get rid of, so...have timeshare, must travel! We mostly own a "points" system type of timeshare that lets us split up our overall amount into smaller increments, and when you snag last-minute deals it is extremely cheap to vacation. For example, this upcoming week in a 5-star Cancun resort, two bedrooms, 2 baths, full kitchen, living room, oceanfront balcony, is about $450. It can cost almost that much to rent a similar unit for a single night.

We both enjoy traveling--I must admit, I do enjoy it a bit more than my husband does-- and we use our timeshares to the fullest. A few years back we decided that rather than buy a "retirement" home, we'd just travel around until we get too old to enjoy doing that. So far we've worked our way up to a 3-week trip in the winter, a week somewhere in the spring, summer and fall, and then I supplement that as needed with a gal trip or two! Our goal is to spend all of January, February and March in timeshares but so far DH is still somewhat interested in operating our business...gotta get him with the program. We're what you might call semi-retired (he's 66, I'm 58) so we are fortunate to have the luxury of time to do all this traveling.

Our winter trip this year, we went to Hilton Head, Myrtle Beach and Santee SC - stayed in huge beautiful condos, two ocean-front, one lake-front. Our average weekly cost was under $300 because it was off-season, but the weather was mostly glorious and better than Pittsburgh in the winter.

It's a bit of a challenge to find the right exchanges and all, and if I had to do it over again I would have banned myself from Ebay before I acquired so many. We do have to pay a maintenance fee for each timeshare, and to pay for that I sell stuff on Ebay and even rent one now and then--that's my travel fund--it works out!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #501

penguinpower, that's just brilliant! Your way of traveling seems like it would always have you looking forward to the next trip, the next vacation. I can't imagine getting a timeshare for $1. Well, I don't even really know how they work, but the low prices you are able to get your 'time' for is amazing to me. Now if you only had air flight time shares so that the to-and-from travel was that cheap too.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #502
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hijacking the vacation thread to say:

Pudding ALERT!!!

1 pkg Swiss Miss diet cocoa (25 cals)
1/4 cup unsweetened Almond milk (9)
3/4 cup water
1/4 tsp butter flavoring
1/4 tsp vanilla flavoring
1 tsp splenda
1 tsp glu powder

Put all ingredients in a blender then add glu powder, blend until well combined, pour it into a non-stick pan and heat and whisk until hot and thick. Eat it while its still warm, Very yum and comforting!

I posted this on the glucomannan thread just now but man, this was good!

PS~ I have a timeshare in San Diego I can't hardly give away.....it's in Encinitas.....we were on the title with my Dad, he passed away June 2009, now we are paying the property taxes and the upkeep fee ($650.00 last year).Our name is on the tax rolls but the Timeshare organization has never heard of us. I don't even know the hoops we're going to have to jump through just to use the darn thing. There never seems to be enough time to take care of business.....
Old 03-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Hi All! I'm back after a weekend away at my son's hockey tourney (they won the championship game in overtime, btw. . .so exciting!)

I had planned to make this past Friday a MD and was right on track to hit my 950 mark, but then DH asked if I wanted to go out for dinner. Well, yeah! So I had a cup of French Onion soup and a salad with ranch dressing on it. I'm certain that put me over my MD plan. I was still down .2 on Saturday though, so it's all good. Saturday brought a pizza party with snacks and a cookie cake at the hotel, after a delicious portobello/blue cheese salad for lunch--definately a UD. Yesterday was also hard to track exact calories, but probably fell within a MD and an UD. Phew.

So this morning I didn't weigh myself, but went straight into big time DD mode:

B: coffe w/ an egg blended in
L: split bread, 3 slices ham, 1/2 leaf romaine and honey dijon w/ small cup shiratoodle soup
D#1: Tilapia w/ honey dijon and 2 roasted red pepper strips chopped on top
D#2: split bread w/ SF jam and one maple french toast twist cookie
Sipping on a Pepsi One right now

Fit day says:
293 calories, 4.7g fat, 36.1g carbs (4.6g fiber) 33.8g protein. I hope it's alright that I keep posting what I'm eating. . .I like the accountability.

I'm surprised that I wasn't *starving* all day. Yes, I wanted the mini Moon Pie a student brought me today (It's 3/14. . .*Pi* Day. . .this is funny for math teachers, lol), but I didn't eat it, knowing I could have it tomorrow if I wanted it. My stomach needs to learn what hunger from being hungry feels like, instead of what I usually do, which is eat because it's *time* to eat or because I just *want* something to eat.

Anyway, I'm excited to weigh myself in the morning. We shall see. . .

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Sticky Glu Chunks. We MUST find a new name for these things!

I had been interested in getting some glucomannan powder to play around with and try out some of the recipes I've seen here and there, but SoHappy's Sticky Glu Chunks have sold me! I went online and ordered 2 bags! I can't wait for it to arrive so I can try out some flavors. I like Oui's idea for a mock stroganoff type of dish. I'm also envisioning an oatmeal type of dish. I'll be interested in seeing what all of you are doing with this recipe until my powder arrives.
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening Y'all,

Hugs to all of y'all!!

I gotta make this quick.

Today I simply had 3 hard boiled eggs and 2 ounces of grilled London Broil and LOTS of tea and water.

Tomorrow is an UP day and I'm looking forward to it.

Have a great night!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:00 AM   #506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Sticky Glu Chunks. We MUST find a new name for these things!

I had been interested in getting some glucomannan powder to play around with and try out some of the recipes I've seen here and there, but SoHappy's Sticky Glu Chunks have sold me! I went online and ordered 2 bags! I can't wait for it to arrive so I can try out some flavors. I like Oui's idea for a mock stroganoff type of dish. I'm also envisioning an oatmeal type of dish. I'll be interested in seeing what all of you are doing with this recipe until my powder arrives.
I'm thinking "glumplings." Not too appealing sounding.

But neither is dumplings, which all make us happy.

What's in a name?

Janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:02 AM   #507
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
lol "glumplings' is awesome. Hooray for made up words!

Today's an UD for me. Yesterday I had all of 180 calories. lol Right now I'm having a 440 calorie breakfast of a 3 egg omelette with cheese and 2 strips of bacon! Yum. No idea what I'll do for the rest of the day.
edens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:05 AM   #508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning~

Today is an UP day for me!!

My breakfast was AWESOME!!

I sauteed these in my wok:
Organic fresh baby spinach, sauteed in homemade butter / oil / water spread
4 ounces grilled London Broil, cubed
2 oz grilled daikon radish, cubed
minced garlic

YUM YUM YUM!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:07 AM   #509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edens View Post
lol "glumplings' is awesome. Hooray for made up words!

Today's an UD for me. Yesterday I had all of 180 calories. lol Right now I'm having a 440 calorie breakfast of a 3 egg omelette with cheese and 2 strips of bacon! Yum. No idea what I'll do for the rest of the day.
That's amazing! I don't know if I'll ever go that low on a DD, but it would be really good to do it! Today is DD for me and of course your breakfast sounds so yummy, I'm drooling.

BTW: Glumplings is a fabulous word!! Love it!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:21 AM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
That's amazing! I don't know if I'll ever go that low on a DD, but it would be really good to do it! Today is DD for me and of course your breakfast sounds so yummy, I'm drooling.

BTW: Glumplings is a fabulous word!! Love it!
Well, the low 180 calories wasn't on purpose. I hadn't been hungry in the morning, so I didn't eat until like 2:30 in the afternoon. I had an all beef nitrate free hot dog. lol Then around 6pm I layed down because I was in a bad mood (my husband was being childish lol) and I guess I was more tired than I thought because I just kept sleeping! I woke up around 5:30 or 5:45 this morning. I think I slept too much because I'm kinda bleh today.
edens is offline   Reply With Quote