Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #451
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
DD for me.

egg white soup--broth n egg whites
Eas shake--1
shirataki dinner, with pizza sauce
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #452
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm closing in on the time I will have my first meal of the day, but got to thinking that maybe it would work best to take the glucomannan powder in a glass of water about half an hour before my meal, just to give it a chance to warm up down there in my tummy and thicken up a bit.

So I dumped the measured 1 teaspoon of powder into the water and stirred it up quickly... and drank. A little bit of texture there, but it all went down.

So here is what I'm going to be taking before each meal today:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5319.jpg (45.6 KB, 13 views)
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 205/188.4/135 5'5.5"
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
I'm having a DD today (my 2nd one, as I just started JUDDD on Tuesday). Here's what I've had so far:

B: coffee w/ 2 Tbls half & half (40 cal)
L: 1 egg beater scrambled with 1 packet of light tuna and some WF honey dijon (100 cal), and a bowl of chicken shirat-oodle soup (40 cal)
S: I brought some almond milk to have in a cup of tea before I leave school today if I want it (10 cal)

I will likely break my dinner into 2 meals, as I have to be at the hockey rink with the boys for several hours tonight. I'll eat some before the rink and the rest after we get home.

At the rink: Maybe a piece of Sf gum (5 cal)

D#1: (I think. . .)a FF hot dog with some honey dijon and a split slice of bread (100 cal)
D#2: (I think. . .) 2 slices of honey ham, some romaine, a whole chopped HB egg, WF honey dijon dressing on a half slice of spinach-flavored light Flatout bread (144 cal)

That brings me to 439 calories for the day. It even leaves me with enough room to have the rest of my shirat-oodle soup if I'm really hungry later.

I'm really enjoying my DDs so far. I found yesterday's UD to be kinda hard. I think it's because I planned my DD so well, that I was spending a lot of time yesterday fretting over what I should/could have and still be at my goal calories for the day.

I'm happy to report, though, that after my DD (which also happened to be the first day for AF. . .when I'm ALWAYS up on the scale), I went down 2.8 pounds. This morning (after my UD yesterday) I was only up .6 of a pound, for a total net loss after two days on JUDDD, of 2.2 pounds. A whole kilo!!

Thank you thank you thank you for all the support that is in and on this thread! It's because of everything on this and the March JUDDD thread that I felt comfortable jumping into this WOE. I'm digging it!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Mommie22boys[/B];14458054]I'm really enjoying my DDs so far. I found yesterday's UD to be kinda hard. I think it's because I planned my DD so well, that I was spending a lot of time yesterday fretting over what I should/could have and still be at my goal calories for the day.

I'm happy to report, though, that after my DD (which also happened to be the first day for AF. . .when I'm ALWAYS up on the scale), I went down 2.8 pounds. This morning (after my UD yesterday) I was only up .6 of a pound, for a total net loss after two days on JUDDD, of 2.2 pounds. A whole kilo!!

Thank you thank you thank you for all the support that is in and on this thread! It's because of everything on this and the March JUDDD thread that I felt comfortable jumping into this WOE. I'm digging it!
Oh, you are doing so well! Yay! It's pretty exciting, isn't it?!! When you are holding to your calories limits, you really do lose the weight.

I do think it's as important or more important to have a plan in mind for most of your UDs, rather than just to let them 'happen'. They can be pretty generous for some of us, and only where we should be eating no matter what the diet plan for others of us, but if they get too far out of hand too often, JUDDD won't work for us. It sounds like you still pulled off a successful UD though! Good for you.

Glad you're another fan! It'll be fun to continue reading about your weight loss. Get prepared to have to buy a lot of new smaller sizes shortly.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #455

I just finished my first meal of this DD. A 'breakfast' type of meal.

4 oz pink grapefruit - 34
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of Eggbeaters - 45
1 slice low cal bread, toasted & split - 40
1 tbsp low sugar black currant jam - 38
hot tea to drink (which I drink 'black' and don't figure)

****** calorie totals: 157

Here's a picture of my meal:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5321.jpg (43.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 03-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Great looking meal!

How did the Gluc in water work?

SoHappy, please tell me how to do the attached pictures?
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ANDREA!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB!
!

Whooo hoooo! How do you feel?
Old 03-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Great looking meal!

How did the Gluc in water work?

SoHappy, please tell me how to do the attached pictures?

Well, I just ate my first meal about 45 minutes after the gluc in water, and I didn't really notice that I wasn't hungry for it or anything, but I am now sitting here completely full with a happy tummy. And I feel like I won't be starving before my next meal is due. So maybe it is going to be a good aid. (After all these years of wishing for an truly effective appetite suppressant that wasn't a prescription medicine, wouldn't it be something if this was it!!?!! I was one of those that didn't get appetite suppressed from low carb, even though I followed Dr. Atkin's plan to the letter.)

I just figured out the posting of links last evening, so here it is:

When you are replying right here in the message box, before you click on 'submit reply' you can scroll on further down and find a box for 'Attach Files'. Open that and it will give you lines to upload pictures from your computer. Click on 'Browse' and it will open up all your pictures. You just find the one you want and click on it. Then you will get out of your pictures and click on 'Upload' in your 'Attach Files' box.

The thing I thought was strange, and it may be confusing for me if I'm wanting to add more pictures is... the link doesn't show up in my reply. But once I submit my reply and see my actual posted message, there is the link to the picture.

Hope this is clear enough for you to be able to make out how to do it! LOL For awhile there I imagined I'd have to have over a little neighborhood boy and bribe him with cookies to show me how to do it!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Oh, you are doing so well! Yay! It's pretty exciting, isn't it?!! When you are holding to your calories limits, you really do lose the weight.

I do think it's as important or more important to have a plan in mind for most of your UDs, rather than just to let them 'happen'. They can be pretty generous for some of us, and only where we should be eating no matter what the diet plan for others of us, but if they get too far out of hand too often, JUDDD won't work for us. It sounds like you still pulled off a successful UD though! Good for you.

Glad you're another fan! It'll be fun to continue reading about your weight loss. Get prepared to have to buy a lot of new smaller sizes shortly.
Thanks, So! Yes, I'm definately another fan a this point in the game.

And I totally agree with having to plan your UDs. Lesson learned. . .I fretted all day yesterday about food. Yuck. Tomorrow I'm planning a MD so that Saturday can be an UD. So I'll be planning my calories later tonight for tomorrow so I don't mess up this good thing I've got going on.

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 03-10-2011 at 11:48 AM..
Old 03-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
ANDREA!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB!
!

Whooo hoooo! How do you feel?
I really feel good, both physically and mentally.

Physically, I feel satisfied. I'm not starving on my DDs like I thought I would. I don't really feel all they "diet-y" except for the part where I'm figuring out what I'll eat on my DDs. But I don't even mind doing that because I'm pretty math-y and kinda like messing around with my numbers to make them work for me.

Mentally, I feel like I'm in the right place, doing the right thing, at the right time for me. I do not feel like I'm depriving myself because the "real" food that I *want* to eat is waiting for me tomorrow. I feel hopeful, and that's saying something. Ever since I came back to LCF in January, I feel like I've been spinning my wheels and not been very hopeful of getting to where I want to be. When I was here 4 years ago, I lost 54 pounds. And it was so much easier then. I didn't count hard all of my carbs. . .I just ate low carb foods, backed off the cream cheese when I started to stall out, and things like that. Calories were of minor concern because just eating LC was enough and was working. It's not been working for me this time. I can see now, just 2 days in, that calories do matter for me. Yeah, I lost a couple pounds in two days, but I've been doing strict LC for the past several weeks and not getting those results. So I don't feel like those two pounds are just the typical "new diet" pounds where you lose fast and hard because you're going from *no diet* to *diet*. KWIM?

Anyway, I am officially a Happy Camper. Watch me dance.

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 03-10-2011 at 11:44 AM..
Old 03-10-2011, 11:56 AM   #461

Andrea, I know what you mean about doing the figuring. But now I have a lot of DD foods that I wouldn't have to do figures for at all. I've learned that 1/4 cup of Eggbeaters equals one egg in volume but is only 30 calories. That one slice of my low calorie bread is 40 calories and can be split to make two whole (thin) slices.

So I guess no matter what plan you are on, after awhile you don't have to fret and figure on it. You've already learned about it.

I had the hardest time on Atkins at first trying to look up what vegetables I could eat and which ones I could not eat, and how many carbs were in a 1/2 cup serving of them, and then how much of that was fiber and I needed to subtract that back out. My head was spinning. LOL

And I do think that a very few years between forays into the weight loss world can make a big difference in how easily the diet can work.. or not. That's when we realize how our metabolism can really slow down on us as the years go by! Calorie levels or carb levels that I could lose weight on years ago just don't cut it now. Rats!

I'll be rooting you on. Go, Andrea!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #462

OK, I drank my second glass of water with a teaspoon of gluc powder stirred into it about 40 minutes ago.

Now I'm ready to have my second meal of the day. Soup & Salad. (and I'm not entirely sure I can eat all this.. those bowls are casserole bowls, that fork and soup spoon are almost 9 inches long.. not a little teaspoon, just to give you some size reference)

4 oz chopped romaine lettuce
4 oz spring greens
2 oz chopped tomato
4 oz sliced cucumber
3 oz sliced mushrooms
2 tbsp low calorie Italian dressing
1 cup onion soup
iced tea to drink

****** says 155 calories.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #463

Oh! I forgot to post the picture!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5323.jpg (49.2 KB, 36 views)
Old 03-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Question:

Do some of the Medi recipes from the Medi weight loss thread help any of you on the DD's?

I am too hungry right now (DD) to read recipes, LOL!

Just figured some of you had browsed those recipes to know if they could work.

Janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater View Post
Question:

Do some of the Medi recipes from the Medi weight loss thread help any of you on the DD's?

I am too hungry right now (DD) to read recipes, LOL!

Just figured some of you had browsed those recipes to know if they could work.

Janie
Hi, Janie. I don't know about any of the others. I do not. I go very heavily on vegetables on DDs simply because they are so low in calories and I get to have a lot of food to fill up my tummy. A lot of chewing! Something about having to chew a lot makes me think I've had a lot to eat.

So my protein on DDs is about half, and fat is very, very low.

But on UDs.. watch out. Katie bar the gates! That's when I get in a lot of protein and plenty of fat too, although I've cut back some on the quantity of fat now, and thus the percentage has fallen too.

So I do calorie cycling, as well as carb, protein, and fat cycling. LOL

I'm going to go read up about the recipes you mentioned.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All! Just finished up my DD. I ended up being at the rink tonight for 4 hours instead of the 3 I thought I would, as my older son's game got pushed back by an hour. So by the time I got home I was very hungry! Luckily, I had felt awfully hungry earlier when it was time to eat my 1st round of dinner, so I ate more than I had planned to. . .glad I did since I went 4 hours without anything to eat or drink at the rink. Anyway, here's how my menu ended up:

B: coffee with half & half
L: tuna/egg beaters scramble and a small bowl of shirat-oodle soup
S: tea with almond milk
D#1: FF hot dog/split slice of bread, 3 slices of honey ham
@ the rink: SF gum x 2
D#2: FF hot dog and a chopped HB egg mixed with one chopped grape tomato and some WF honey dijon dressing

****** says I had 432 calories, 9.3g fat, 34.5g carbs minus 3.7g fiber, and 51.4g protein.

Feeling proud of myself!

Also, I wanted to add a comment about this Walden Farms honey dijon dressing I've been using (no calories). I understand that many people think the WF products are awful. I haven't bought many of them, but this dressing has been such a savior on my DDs! I used it as a condiment on my scrambled egg-tuna experiment for lunch and it made the dish much better (I mean really, eggs and tuna? What was I thinking?!?) But my best find of the day was when I added some to my chopped egg and tomato tonight. It made it so much like egg salad. . .very tasty, but for no extra calories or fat like when I make it with my mayo. What a great substitute! I'm dipping my FF hot dogs in it and spreading it on my split bread slices and spinach wraps. I dub this an awesome discovery and will be keeping it in my DD line-ups for sure! Just thought I'd share in case anyone else was interested.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YAY ANDREA!

I think you did great!! Wooottt!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks RFL! I'm glad to read that it looks like your pain issue is soon to be resolved. You're doing so great! Have fun with all of your baking tomorrow!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That sounds good, Donna. I need to remember to get some cans of tuna at the store. I only have oil pack, and I will use that on some UD when I don't have to cut the calories to the bone!

My little pudding kisses are in freezing, and I made a batch of soup so am posting my recipe for that for the next time I want to find out what I did and the calorie counts for it.. without having to figure it up all over again. LOL

BEEFY ONION-MUSHROOM SOUP: 60 Calories

1 Can Beef Broth (40 cal)
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup, condensed (275 cal)
1 Envelope Onion Soup, dry mix (100 cal)
5-1/2 Cups water
8 Oz. Mushrooms, fresh, sliced (50 cal)
1 Tbsp. Parsley, dried flakes (4)
1 tsp. Garlic, powder (9)

Simmer the ingredients all together until mushrooms are tender and flavors have mingled.

Serving size is 1 cup. Makes 8 servings.
Hi SoHappy! Is this the recipe for the soup shown in your picture of today's dinner? It sounds very yummy!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Hi SoHappy! Is this the recipe for the soup shown in your picture of today's dinner? It sounds very yummy!
Ha! No, today's luncheon soup was just that plain ol' onion soup that comes in the packets that you add into boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes. Reasonably tasty and quite low in calories.

Sounds like you're doing really well, and I wanted to tell you that you have sold me on the Walden Farms Honey Mustard Dressing. I'll buy some the next time I go to the store. Being able to use it as the dressing in tuna or chicken salad would help a lot for sure. Heck, even if I just used it half and half with the low calorie mayonnaise I currently use, that would save some calories on DDs.

I had a big stir fry planned for supper later this evening but just wasn't hungry for it at all, so I'm sort of wondering if this lack of hunger is from taking the glucomannan powder in water as a drink. Hmmmm..... placebo or the real thing? Well, I'll continue to do this trick and see if it really seems to help on DDs. And in the meantime, this DD stayed very low in calories.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: edens
Stats: 255?(22/24/3x)/217.0(18/20/2x)/147(or 10/12/M-L)
WOE: 1-1 thru 3-7 LC, 3-7 - current, JUDDD+LC
Start Date: 1-1-11
I gotta get me some of that glucomannan powder! They don't sell the powder on netrition, only capsules. :/ Maybe some local healthfood stores..

Anywho, today so far:
b: smoothie with 2 c almond milk, 1/2 c frozen strawberries, and some nevella sweetener with probiotics
l: miso soup
total: 125

I bought some acai with green tea supplements. They don't have a calorie count on them, but it's supposed to help with appetite control and hopefully concentration. lol I could use that!
edens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post

Also, I wanted to add a comment about this Walden Farms honey dijon dressing I've been using (no calories). I understand that many people think the WF products are awful. I haven't bought many of them, but this dressing has been such a savior on my DDs!
I totally agree Andrea! WF dressings are the main reason I love my DD dinner salads. I use Bacon Ranch and add taco sauceand salsa! The BOMB-est! I bought the Honey Dijon but haven't tried it yet. Now I can hardly wait! Thank you. This dressing saves me 1000's of calories everyday.

Quote:
Hi, Janie. I don't know about any of the others. I do not. I go very heavily on vegetables on DDs simply because they are so low in calories and I get to have a lot of food to fill up my tummy. A lot of chewing! Something about having to chew a lot makes me think I've had a lot to eat.

So my protein on DDs is about half, and fat is very, very low.

But on UDs.. watch out. Katie bar the gates! That's when I get in a lot of protein and plenty of fat too, although I've cut back some on the quantity of fat now, and thus the percentage has fallen too.

So I do calorie cycling, as well as carb, protein, and fat cycling. LOL

I'm going to go read up about the recipes you mentioned.
You know, I can't eat the calories I used to eat. Low carb always worked well for me but now I have to pay attention to both. It's not so bad, I can't have as much cheese or mayo as I want, but I'm probably better off for having less fat now that I'm older....
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #473

YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!! Love me... Love me...Love me!!!!! (At least, I'm lovin' on me right now. LOL)

I've never liked the shirataki-magic-konjac-miracle noodles really, really well. At all. I use them just because they are belly-filling for 0 calories. And so far I've been using the glucomannan powder only as a thickener.

But I was still pretty adamant about the pure gluc noodles being so much like just grinding away on rubber bands without making much chewing headway, that you just ended up swallowing them, mostly undamaged by the chewing. LOL

But here's why you're going to love me. My new recipe turns glucomannan powder into whatever flavored filling *food-mass* you want it to be.

Remember that guy who 'fried up' gluc?

Well, mix together 1 tbsp of glucomannan powder with a scant 1 cup of fluid and immediately pour it out onto a plate to set up. It will turn into this rubbery flat glob. Maybe a little fluid left too, but that gets poured into the skillet too. This flat pancake glob is what gets fried up in your non-stick skillet with just a tiny spritz of spray oil (which you could probably skip entirely if your non-stick skillet is decent)... Chop the gluc pancake into pieces right in the skillet or wait until it's crisped on both sides to cut it up on a cutting board. You will cook this stuff to whatever 'dryness' you personally want.

But, anyway... you make the base with whatever flavor you want.

This morning I used tomato juice with my gluc powder, fried it up until it was dried out fairly well, and topped with 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce and 1 tbsp of dry grated parmesan cheese. If I hadn't been in such a hurry to get to the end of the experiment, I'd have put in shreds of onion and green pepper and several mushrooms in slices too, as the veggies wouldn't have added many calories but just added to the dish. Add Italian seasonings, garlic, whatever.. just track the few extra calories.

What I'm getting at is this: I had a belly-billing pasta breakfast for the calorie price of 1/2 a cup of sauce and a bit of parm cheese on top.

I'm going to mix taco seasoning into the water for my next batch and use the stuff, chopped up, to make taco salad.

I'm going to mix some pineapple juice, soy sauce, minced fresh ginger root, minced garlic, into my evening batch to make an Asian flavored gluc meal, with a few pineapple chunks, onion, green pepper, added in, topped with a pineapple juice/soy combo sauce thickened slightly with gluc, with some spicy hot chili oil paste mixed in. Could be my new favorite.

And here's another great thing about this stuff for me: This stuff doesn't have that *rubber-band-I-can't-even-chew-it* texture. It's more the texture of al dente pasta or gummy bears. In other words, chewable. No more rubber bands. I simply won't be buying anymore noodles! Ever! But I'll be putting in another order from Konjac for the powder immediately!

Now I'll just be thinking up more various flavors to make this stuff into. This is going to help my Down Days immensely!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
So Happy, your experiment sounds amazing!! I know the texture of the powder is better than the noodles, by accidently making tiny little dumplings in my chicken broth, but to be able to control it....WOW! I hope you post this on the glucomannan recipes thread!

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 03-12-2011 at 07:38 AM..
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:42 AM   #475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SOHAPPY!! I love you anyway, cuz you're so sweet, BUT I LOVE YOU MORE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! You persisted! What a great experiment!!!!

What I like about this is:
1) NO fishy smell
2) No pickling lime needed, as the other homemade gluc recipes insisted
3) I can flavor it how I want
3) I can make the texture according to my preferences
4) No running out to the Asian market on the other side of town!!

Yipppeee Skippppeeeeee! I cannot wait to try this today!

Much gratitude for your bold experiment!!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
sohappy--I have done this--great minds!

I used mushroom broth and mushrooms to make glu noodles and topped with mushroom "sauce" and a teeny amount of very lean ground beef to make "mushroom stroganoff"

I have used chicken broth and buffalo wing sauce plus glu to make buffalo noodles and topped with broth mixed with laughing cow lite blue cheese

I have made chicken broth/glu noodles mixed with one wedge of jalapeno flavoured weight watchers wedge cheese (30 cals) and topped with 1 Tbs minced peppers and 2 Tbs tostitos salsa con queso

of course as you found out, the possibilities are endless-and fun!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #477

Quote:
SOHAPPY!! I love you anyway, cuz you're so sweet, BUT I LOVE YOU MORE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! You persisted! What a great experiment!!!!

What I like about this is:
1) NO fishy smell
2) No pickling lime needed, as the other homemade gluc recipes insisted
3) I can flavor it how I want
3) I can make the texture according to my preferences
4) No running out to the Asian market on the other side of town!!

Yipppeee Skippppeeeeee! I cannot wait to try this today!

Much gratitude for your bold experiment!!!!

La La La I'm skipping around like a joyful little girl!

I'm going to be in the grocery store today looking at various possible flavorings to use for that cup of fluid that gets mixed into the gluc powder.

On Up Days, it's just 'regular' food, anything I want and whatever I want, and I pay attention to getting in plenty of protein and veggie/fruit nutrients, enjoy some grain products sometimes, etc.

But to be able to eat a larger 'amount' of food on a DD will help ward off those occasional DDs when it's white-knuckle all the way.

I think this may even allow me to cut my DD calories lower too. My top limit is 500.. I'm usually at about 468 or 482 or something like that, but I'll bet I can cut that down comfortably with this stuff.

I hope this works out as well as I think it will, and I hope it is something that will help all you guys too!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:55 AM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
sohappy--I have done this--great minds!

I used mushroom broth and mushrooms to make glu noodles and topped with mushroom "sauce" and a teeny amount of very lean ground beef to make "mushroom stroganoff"

I have used chicken broth and buffalo wing sauce plus glu to make buffalo noodles and topped with broth mixed with laughing cow lite blue cheese

I have made chicken broth/glu noodles mixed with one wedge of jalapeno flavoured weight watchers wedge cheese (30 cals) and topped with 1 Tbs minced peppers and 2 Tbs tostitos salsa con queso

of course as you found out, the possibilities are endless-and fun!
OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouis, have you never posted this anywhere, or did I miss it??????????
I don't do the cheese, but I can TOTALLY do the broth!!!! I make my own chicken stock, very flavorful and I can DO THIS! WOWSA!

(Question: Is your technique the same as SoHappy's??)

I love you too, do ya mind???

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 03-12-2011 at 07:57 AM..
Old 03-12-2011, 08:07 AM   #479

You mean I re-invented the wheel???

Well, I'm so excited about this. To be able to mix up batches in any flavor of the rainbow, whether meaty or fruity or savory or whatever, is going to be a big help for DDs.

I don't have much of the *martyr* gene. While I do actually enjoy the 'empty' feeling of DDs, I don't ever like having to experience any gnawing feelings in my stomach. So this stuff acting as 'fill' is going to make DDs a breeze now!!!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:06 AM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, to totally hijack the gluc conversation, I wanted to show y'all my baking yesterday. IS that food porn? I mean does it bother anyone, or trigger anyone?

I bake it, but I don't eat it, so it's not a problem for me. But I love to bake and I love to share what I bake to people who can eat it. I grind the whole grain myself and use organic and whole food ingredients, so as far as bread goes, it is VERY healthy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First batch 3 11.jpg (94.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Challot 3 11.jpg (77.7 KB, 21 views)