Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
DD menu and stats

1/2 TB organic virgin coconut oil
Protein shake
1 TB chia seeds
2 hard boiled eggs
Shirataki noodles
2 cups homemade chicken bone stock

507 Calories

27.3 Fat

15.0 Carbs

45.3 Protein

8 Fiber
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Plant-Based Vegetarian~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Today is an UD for me an I'm going to experiment some with my Konjac Powder and Miracle noodles. Does anyone know a way to get rid of some of the rubbery-ness? It's like chewing rubber bands (to me) and really turns me off. Ideas? I sure would like to incorporate them into my DD's but so far, I can't stand 'em. The powder is good though.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Today is an UD for me an I'm going to experiment some with my Konjac Powder and Miracle noodles. Does anyone know a way to get rid of some of the rubbery-ness? It's like chewing rubber bands (to me) and really turns me off. Ideas? I sure would like to incorporate them into my DD's but so far, I can't stand 'em. The powder is good though.

Hi Blonde!

I rinse them very very well. Then, I cut them in small pieces and toss them in a drill wok (or skillet) and fry them until ALL the liquid is gone. THEN, I season them or add them to a dish and let them sit awhile to absorb the flavors, then re-heat them.

They seem not very rubbery and more tasty that way, at least to me.

I hope you can find a way to use them! (Or send them to me! )

Have a great day!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Hi Blonde!

I hope you can find a way to use them! (Or send them to me! )

Have a great day!
Cute! I'll give it a try.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just threw together the most AMAZING lunch!!

1 daikon radish (5 oz cut on the Spirooli)
1 9 oz bag non-tofu shirataki noodles, rinsed and cut into small pieces
1/4 tsp organic toasted sesame oil
1 cup homemade organic chicken bone stock
1 tsp gluc flour
4 oz organic roasted chicken breast, cubed
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp garlic
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Pre-heat a dry wok over med-high heat. Place rinsed shirataki noodles into wok and stir until moisture is evaporated. Add oil and daikon and stir fry until tender, about 3 minutes.

In a small bowl or cup, mix gluc powder into cold stock and stir to completely dissolve. Set aside.

Add remaining ingredients to wok and stir for about 1 minute. Pour in stock/gluc mixture, bringing liquid to a boil, stirring continuously until thickened, 3-5 minutes.

Season to taste.

Makes 3 cups. 2 servings each 1 1/2 cups.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Oh yum, that sounds so good, RFL! I think I'll give that a try but I need to get my hands on a Daikon. Every store around here has been out of them lately for some reason.

I was able to stick to a MD on Saturday even though we went out to dinner--tried one of the Applebee's 550-cal meals. It was very good. I had the steak with asiago, broccoli and roasted potatoes. They had five or six good options at that calorie range.

Also, on another thread a gal posted about Target selling a zero-cal Margarita flavor packet. They come in the boxes like Crystal Light, for water bottles. I was kinda skeptical but I tried them, and smuggled in a packet for our dinner at Applebee's since I knew our friends would want to order a drink and I didn't want them to hold back on account of me. We requested some extra lime wedges and I squeezed a bit of fresh lime into my drink. That little packet carries quite a lot of flavor, and so I enjoyed my "virgin" margarita while they had a full-fledged one, and we all had fun!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:29 AM   #427
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
French Vanilla Coffee Pudding

Yup, got that wild idea this morning after making a mug of coffee with sugar free French Vanilla liquid creamer in it. I like coffee a lot and like coffee flavored 'stuff', so this was a natural for me. LOL So poured the whole mug I'd prepared into my skillet over heat, and while it was gently boiling I whisked a teaspoon of glucomannan powder into it. Stirred and cooked it long enough for it to turn thick. (It might could have used a bit more gluc powder.)

I'm eating it hot for breakfast right now with a spoon! A fun way to get my gluc powder in before I get started on my day as it's a Down Day and is going to be a busy one!

The rest of the day is going to be salads. (About my favorite food in the world... crazy old woman!)

Breakfast salad is 2 oz lettuce, 2 oz spring greens, 2 oz chopped tomato, 2.6 oz hard boiled egg whites (whites of two eggs), 2 oz ham, with 2 T fat free Italian dressing. 163 ****** calories

The luncheon salad is 2 oz lettuce, 2 oz, spring greens, 2 oz chicken breast, .2 oz walnuts, .4 oz dried cranberries, with 2 T Maple Grove Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing. 181 ****** calories

I expect supper this evening to be another salad similar to the above but using 1/2 can of water-packed tuna for the protein. And probably another bowl of French Vanilla coffee pudding!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:32 AM   #428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Oh yum, that sounds so good, RFL! I think I'll give that a try but I need to get my hands on a Daikon. Every store around here has been out of them lately for some reason.
Hi Donna,

You can use something else instead. They are VERY expensive here and I won't be buying them again. I'll get something like zucchini (cheaper and works just as well).
Old 03-08-2011, 06:38 AM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi SOHAPPY!!

YAY, you're BACKKKKKK!!! We've missed you!

I'm on a DD as well, but your menu sounds amazing! Great job!

The French Vanilla Coffee pudding sounds wonderful! YUMM!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Congrats on clearing out the freezer, SoHappy! I am getting better about it--I used to waste a lot of food to freezer burn.

RFL - funny about the zucchini, it is $3.29 a POUND here lately. Sheesh. In the summer I'm tripping over the stuff, and now they want more for it than they want for ground beef.

I've been making coffee puddings lately but haven't had it warm--I've been using leftover coffee and diet Swiss Miss. I like the idea of a warm one since I'm always so cold on DDs. Might try that one tomorrow.

I'm thrilled to report a 2# loss this week, even after going out to dinner twice over the weekend. I sure am loving JUDDD.

Welcome to our friends from France. I'll bet there are some awesome food options over there that we can't get here. Atkins bars are convenient, but I'd take a glorious Italian porcini mushroom over one any day lol.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I just threw together the most AMAZING lunch!!

1 9 oz bag non-tofu shirataki noodles, rinsed and cut into small pieces
1/4 tsp organic toasted sesame oil
1 cup homemade organic chicken bone stock
1 tsp gluc flour
4 oz organic roasted chicken breast, cubed
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp garlic
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Pre-heat a dry wok over med-high heat. Place rinsed shirataki noodles into wok and stir until moisture is evaporated. Add oil and daikon and stir fry until tender, about 3 minutes.

In a small bowl or cup, mix gluc powder into cold stock and stir to completely dissolve. Set aside.

Add remaining ingredients to wok and stir for about 1 minute. Pour in stock/gluc mixture, bringing liquid to a boil, stirring continuously until thickened, 3-5 minutes.

Season to taste.

Makes 3 cups. 2 servings each 1 1/2 cups.
That sounds so yummy! Tell me about spirooli? I think I need one, so do I need one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post

I was able to stick to a MD on Saturday even though we went out to dinner--tried one of the Applebee's 550-cal meals. It was very good. I had the steak with asiago, broccoli and roasted potatoes. They had five or six good options at that calorie range.

Also, on another thread a gal posted about Target selling a zero-cal Margarita flavor packet. They come in the boxes like Crystal Light, for water bottles. I was kinda skeptical but I tried them, and smuggled in a packet for our dinner at Applebee's since I knew our friends would want to order a drink and I didn't want them to hold back on account of me. We requested some extra lime wedges and I squeezed a bit of fresh lime into my drink. That little packet carries quite a lot of flavor, and so I enjoyed my "virgin" margarita while they had a full-fledged one, and we all had fun!
I've heard about the 550 meals at Applebees, now I gotta go there! I'm going to have to find that margarita mix and use it with the real deal. Yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
French Vanilla Coffee Pudding

Yup, got that wild idea this morning after making a mug of coffee with sugar free French Vanilla liquid creamer in it. I like coffee a lot and like coffee flavored 'stuff', so this was a natural for me. LOL So poured the whole mug I'd prepared into my skillet over heat, and while it was gently boiling I whisked a teaspoon of glucomannan powder into it. Stirred and cooked it long enough for it to turn thick. (It might could have used a bit more gluc powder.)

I'm eating it hot for breakfast right now with a spoon! A fun way to get my gluc powder in before I get started on my day as it's a Down Day and is going to be a busy one!

The rest of the day is going to be salads. (About my favorite food in the world... crazy old woman!)

Breakfast salad is 2 oz lettuce, 2 oz spring greens, 2 oz chopped tomato, 2.6 oz hard boiled egg whites (whites of two eggs), 2 oz ham, with 2 T fat free Italian dressing. 163 ****** calories

The luncheon salad is 2 oz lettuce, 2 oz, spring greens, 2 oz chicken breast, .2 oz walnuts, .4 oz dried cranberries, with 2 T Maple Grove Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing. 181 ****** calories

I expect supper this evening to be another salad similar to the above but using 1/2 can of water-packed tuna for the protein. And probably another bowl of French Vanilla coffee pudding!
The pudding sounds delish! Do you use ff or sugar free creamer? I love salads as well, but I use A LOT more greens! I need the BIG fill-up.

Today is a work day and an up day. My favorite thing about UD mornings is getting to have my coffee, the way I like it. MMMM-mmmm.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 03-08-2011, 07:38 AM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That sounds so yummy! Tell me about spirooli? I think I need one, so do I need one?
Actually, you can use a flat veggie peeler to get fettucine-type "noodles" called "Zoodles" from zucchini, or yellow squash or eggplant.

I love my spiral cutter though :-) I have the less expensive one from Amazon mention below.
Here is the thread called "Perfect pasta replacement"
Old 03-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OOOOOOO!!!! Thank you! ....going there right now!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:05 AM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Actually, you can use a flat veggie peeler to get fettucine-type "noodles" called "Zoodles" from zucchini, or yellow squash or eggplant.

I love my spiral cutter though :-) I have the less expensive one from Amazon mention below.
Here is the thread called "Perfect pasta replacement"
I just ordered one from Amazon. Had great reviews. This isn't as impulsive as it sounds....I've been wanting to get one and haven't found one in stores. I'm stoked! Is it you, RFL, whom mixes zuke noodles with miracle noodles?
Old 03-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I just ordered one from Amazon. Had great reviews. This isn't as impulsive as it sounds....I've been wanting to get one and haven't found one in stores. I'm stoked! Is it you, RFL, whom mixes zuke noodles with miracle noodles?

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! I love mine!

I do, but I'm not the one who posted about it. I use the yam noodles I get from the Asian Market, not Miracle Noodles. I actually use them together though and it's GREAT!! That's why I used the daikon because I was outta zukes.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm excited! What a great way to add vegetables to DD's! I love the idea of mixing them with shiritaki noodles and marinara. We have a garden every year and grow zukes, cukes, yellow crookneck squash, peppers and tomatoes. By the end of summer it's hard to know what to do with all the cucumbers and zucchinis...now I know.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
I'm guessing this wouldn't work for making zuke noodles:

The Saladacco Spiral Slicer by Healthwise

Anyone?

I'm DD today, left my lunch on the counter at home--so I had to get a commercial shake, never as good as my homemade one.

DH has joined me and completed several DD's and lost 10 lbs. I'm not jealous, I know males lose much quicker, and easier.

But it does help to have a JUDDD buddy to cook for.

He hasn't liked the shirataki dishes I've made. I rinsed, and pan dried some this a.m. and put pizza sauce with hoping it would take on the flavor by tonight. (Pizza sauce the lowest carb bottled sauce I know.) Hope he likes those. Will be my first try with Italian shirataki, I love the Asian flavors.

Anyone have DH proof shirataki recipes? I find they help give me the feeling I've had food better than shakes/puddings/soup.

Janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
What are you using for VLC dressing for salads?

DH wants salads on DD, and regular dressings won't be DD.

TIA!
Janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
I like the Walden Farms honey dijon dressing if I HAVE to have something low-cal (and also carb-free). Zero calories, fat, protein, carbs, sugar. When calories don't matter, it's regular blue cheese all the way!
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Magna--I tried out the saladacco before I purchased my spiral slicer some years ago. I just didn't like working with the saladacco at all. Much more difficult to use and clean. The spiral slicer is easy peasy!

I'm no big help for salad dressings, since I am content with just a good tbs of fresh lemon juice, salt & pepper and a dash of herbs. On my UDs I go crazy and add some olive oil to this.

Glad you liked the zuke/shiratake idea, Blonde! It's my favorite way to extend those oh-so-expensive noodles, and, as you said, get in some low-cal healthy veggies.

I LOVE salads. I make mine huge, too. I definitely have issues about being hungry and so I simply do not let myself get there yet. Maybe after I've been doing this longer I'll get over it. But for now, stuff me up with salad, low-cal veggies, gluc stuff, and I'm doing great! I heard a little snippet on the John Tesh radio show the other night about eating 4 stalks of celery every day helping to lower blood pressure. My slim-and-trim DH has high blood pressure that can't be controlled with medication so he's been eating the celery and I joined him last night. Wow, it takes a long time and a lot of chewing to eat four stalks of celery. But it's a great DD calorie bargain. Thank heavens for Aldi's who has the celery for $1.19 lol.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #441

Hi, my dear JUDDD Friends!

Well, I'm just not getting back into my JUDDD alternating days quite as planned..... We found a big box outside the front door yesterday, from one of my daughters. Inside were a couple of books, and a little snowman Christmas ornament my granddaughter had made in scouts.... and a big can of mixed nuts.... and a box of Whitman chocolates. RATS! It turned into an UP day!

Well, my beloved DH has a huge sweet tooth, so he said he'd save me from the rest of the chocolates, and after feasting on many, many, many mixed nuts, I told him the rest of the can was completely his too. He thinks I'm very sweet to give all the rest to him, and I think he is saving my diet! (But, shhhh..... I'm letting him think I'm just very sweet to give him my share of the goodies! This is racking up some big 'wife' points for me. There'll be something one of these days that I'll want to cash those in for. LOL)

Well, I have cooked chicken breast and ham to slice into salad-sized pieces, weigh out into portions, and put into little zippy bags. Off to work in the kitchen.

Last edited by SoHappy; 03-09-2011 at 12:33 PM..
Old 03-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #442

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Blonde with a Rose[/B];14449439] The pudding sounds delish! Do you use ff or sugar free creamer? I love salads as well, but I use A LOT more greens! I need the BIG fill-up.
Hi! The French Vanilla liquid creamer I use states it's sugar free. They had fat free too. And truth be told, I doubt either of them is truly sugar free, but I just counted the calories of 15 per tablespoon and let it go at that.

And as to the salad greens.. I always eat a LOT more than that too, normally, but I was heading out into the field to work, and that means taking along my little Igloo cooler with my food for the day, and that means that salads have to fit into my containers with lids. So smaller salads than I normally eat, those that fill up a round casserole baking dish to the rim!

How is everything going for you? I'm trying to get caught up with all the posts here, and it looks like everyone is doing well.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Mommie22boys[/B];14450284]I like the Walden Farms honey dijon dressing if I HAVE to have something low-cal (and also carb-free). Zero calories, fat, protein, carbs, sugar. When calories don't matter, it's regular blue cheese all the way!
This is the way I do it too. DDs I scrimp and save every calorie I can on 'the extras' so that I can use it for FOOD!!!!! But on the Up Days, my diet is a lot more lavish and delicious, and I include nice dressings in that. Blue Cheese is my top favorite salad dressing (in dipping sauce) too.

On DDs, I drink hot tea in the mornings and iced tea the rest of the day. Just plain teas, with no sugar or milk. But on my UDs I splurge on several mugs of my favorite Caramel Truffle coffee, well lightened with half & half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
penguinpower[/B];14450365]I heard a little snippet on the John Tesh radio show the other night about eating 4 stalks of celery every day helping to lower blood pressure. My slim-and-trim DH has high blood pressure that can't be controlled with medication so he's been eating the celery and I joined him last night. Wow, it takes a long time and a lot of chewing to eat four stalks of celery. But it's a great DD calorie bargain. Thank heavens for Aldi's who has the celery for $1.19 lol.
That's very interesting. I wonder if it's remotely true? Let us know if his pressure is lower the next time he has a reading taken. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I shop Aldi's over here in Iowa. I love that store too. Most everything is quite acceptable, much of it is better than other brands sold in our other grocery stores here, and I SAVE SO MUCH $$$ on our groceries that I'm always aghast with sticker shock when I have to shop anywhere else!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SoHappy,

Glad you're back with us! I love how relaxed you are and yet how well you work the plan. You are such an inspiration!

I made a simple dish tonight that was more satisfying than I was prepared for!

I browned some ground round and sauteed red bell peppers and mushrooms. I added some minced garlic, ginger and Italian seasonings along with salt and pepper.

I served 1 1/2 cups over 3 cups of organic Spring mix salad w/ 1 TB organis Ceasar dressing. WOW, was it ever good!

Have a great night everyone!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #445

well

Oh, it worked. I'm trying to learn how to post pictures into posts. This was just an experiment.. little baby robins whose mom built her nest on our front covered patio last spring. Fun to watch them grow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5230.jpg (80.5 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by SoHappy; 03-09-2011 at 07:29 PM..
Old 03-10-2011, 07:02 AM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi! The French Vanilla liquid creamer I use states it's sugar free. They had fat free too. And truth be told, I doubt either of them is truly sugar free, but I just counted the calories of 15 per tablespoon and let it go at that.

And as to the salad greens.. I always eat a LOT more than that too, normally, but I was heading out into the field to work, and that means taking along my little Igloo cooler with my food for the day, and that means that salads have to fit into my containers with lids. So smaller salads than I normally eat, those that fill up a round casserole baking dish to the rim!

How is everything going for you? I'm trying to get caught up with all the posts here, and it looks like everyone is doing well.
I'm doing really well, and thank you for asking! I know what you mean, it's wonderful to have so many responses but really hard to keep up with everyone. I lurk a lot! I had another great DD yesterday and I'm looking forward to a nice UD today. I've gotten my UD's under control by eating a lower carb menu. Before, I would get too carried away with carby snacks and stuff. It's definitely worth the effort because it also makes my DD easier.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:04 AM   #447

Today is a DD for me.

Now that I've figured out how to put picture links into my posts here, I'm going to take pics of my foods today and post pics of my meals.

And..... BIG EXPERIMENT..... I'm going to drink a glass of water w/ 1 teaspoon of glucomannan powder stirred into it - quickly before it begins to gel - right before each of my Down Day meals today. I'm interested to see if I notice it keeping me feeling full (or fuller) on a DD. 'Cause if that really is any particular help at all, that could even be helpful on MDs and UDs too!

Oh, this is going to be such a fun day!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:41 AM   #448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
so happy--great experiment! Please report back!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Today is a DD for me.

And..... BIG EXPERIMENT..... I'm going to drink a glass of water w/ 1 teaspoon of glucomannan powder stirred into it - quickly before it begins to gel - right before each of my Down Day meals today. I'm interested to see if I notice it keeping me feeling full (or fuller) on a DD. 'Cause if that really is any particular help at all, that could even be helpful on MDs and UDs too!

Oh, this is going to be such a fun day!
Does sound like fun!! I love experiments!!
Do report back please!!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Y'all!

Today is a DD for me and I am still not 100% so I want a "soothing" DD.

I'm drinking my chocolate egg white protein shake with stevia and GLUC powder and it settles my tummy.

I'll also have warm tea today.

When I get hungry, I'll eat some HB eggs.

What are y'all eating today?