Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
onceNforall - we love Roastfish and Cornbread. It's a very small place with an eclectic menu that features lots of vegetarian choices, which my DH loves. I wanted to go there today but we let the "concierge" here talk us out of it, saying we had to try the Sea Shack instead. We've always meant to try Sea Shack in the past but never made it there due to long lines at dinner time, but we went for a late lunch and...meh. It was just okay to me.

Argh, now I don't know whether to spend my one remaining UD by going to Roastfish or in trying the Gullah restaurant that has been highly recommended by friends. Decisions decisions!

Beautiful day here today. Hope everyone is doing well.

I do love Troy Polamalu but can't imagine why I can't get him to disappear. If you click on his picture you'll see the avatar I want to show lol.
Will have to try the Roastfish and Cornbread this trip. We did Sea Shack last year and weren't really impressed either, although it had come highly recommended. Thanks!
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

UD today for me and I shoot for 1800 calories or less. It's amazing how much food you can eat for 1800 calories when you're making healthy choices!! Have had 1564 for the day and that still includes my SF pudding snack with Reddi Whip that I will have later.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:22 PM   #333
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
ud for me today as well. I try to stay under 1700 and so far I have had 1300 and I am not hungry. I guess Lc helps. and I don't eat after 7 unless something special is going on.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:42 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sweetpea49
Stats: 228.5/165/150 Restart 10/12/10 207.5/166.0/165.0
WOE: 17 Day Diet--Cycle 4 Maintenance
Start Date: 1/27/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Will have to try the Roastfish and Cornbread this trip. We did Sea Shack last year and weren't really impressed either, although it had come highly recommended. Thanks!
We love HH and have 3 favorite restaurants: for breakfast, Palmetto Bay Sunrise Cafe, for dinner either the Old Oyster Factory or The Black Marlin (also in Palmetto Bay).
sweetpea49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
Thanks sweetpea--I'll have to save those for another trip! We bought some oysters and brought them home, and I made them tonight. It's weird, I can't really eat fish at all but I do love me some oysters and shrimp.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea49 View Post
We love HH and have 3 favorite restaurants: for breakfast, Palmetto Bay Sunrise Cafe, for dinner either the Old Oyster Factory or The Black Marlin (also in Palmetto Bay).
Sweetpea....we love the Black Marlin too! Also Frankie Bones and Tapas is fun if you have a group and all order a different dish and share.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:09 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sweetpea....we love the Black Marlin too! Also Frankie Bones and Tapas is fun if you have a group and all order a different dish and share.
I am hoping we will go there for our fall vacation this year. I remember going to a really good BBQ place, but don't remember the name off hand. We usually make a day trip to Savannah and go eat wings at The Warehouse. There is a great peanut store down on the waterfront too and we always come back with cans of nuts.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:25 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

SoHappy....notice that you are a daily weigher also. I can't resist getting on the scale first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
Interestingly enough, this week I stayed the same after a DD and showed a 1.5 loss this morning after an UD. What's with that? Guess all systems are slowing down as I get older.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #339
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
SoHappy....notice that you are a daily weigher also. I can't resist getting on the scale first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
Interestingly enough, this week I stayed the same after a DD and showed a 1.5 loss this morning after an UD. What's with that? Guess all systems are slowing down as I get older.
I think that just goes to show that we don't gain and lose our weight simply based on how much we did or did not eat in the prior 24-hour period of time.

Wouldn't it be wonderfully easy if it truly worked exactly like that? That way I'd be able to figure out exactly when I had to cut back in order to fit into my party dress by one month from now... and how long I could just keep eating away and not have to worry about it yet.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Evening Y'all!

Today is a DD for me and I've been gone to town all day unexpectedly, so I haven't eaten much at all. And now, it's late so I don't want to eat a big meal.
Sooooo, basically, all I've had today are 3 HB eggs and 2 TB chia gel. I'll have another HB egg before bed and call it done! Not really hungry at all either.

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 02-09-2011 at 06:30 PM..
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #341

I only had a couple of 25 calorie light cheese wedges today, so I made the most delicious stir fry for DD this evening!

Broccoli, carrot, onion, yellow sweet pepper, fresh bean sprouts, and chicken breast. I made a sauce with 0 calorie mango tropical beverage with a little orange juice concentrate, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, soy sauce, and some INCREDIBLY hot chili oil! Made the sauce thick with some glucomannan powder.

This had a nice hot spicy and sweet orange taste and just under 270 calories. I have the other half to have next DD on Friday.

I finished the day off with a nice bit of 75% dark chocolate, and some great Jasmine tea.

Hope you who had DDs today had a good day too.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #342
Blabbermouth!!!

I did, But let me tell you my husband eats non stop. I always fix him a meal. then a hour later hes into, well he ate a 10 inch apple pie all by his self in 3 days. in the last 2 hours he add a big mug of hot coco, a bunch of almonds.And heres the kicker he ate a big bag of peanut m&ms in front of me. He knows their my fav. of all times.....
It has been very hard on me.
girl vs, m&ms
girl won.

So if you are wondering how all this stuff gets in my house. Well
he stops on his way home from work and buys it..

23 pounds gone forever
162/139/135

Last edited by dasiey; 02-09-2011 at 07:14 PM..
Old 02-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Daisey....I feel your pain! Not sure I would have won that battle.

I had a much rougher DD today than Monday. Forgot I had to take my 86yo mother to the doctor's and she always likes to go out for lunch afterwards. I asked if we could go to Olive Garden, cause I know I can get all their nutritional info online. Managed to do it with a bowl of minestrone (100) and a plain salad minus olives and croutons...I brought my own spray dressing. I even picked out all the little shell macaroni in the soup just to make sure...I doubt it even came up to 100 calories.

Anyway....stayed under 500 but I'm going to bed now and STARVING! I knew they wouldn't all be as easy as Monday was.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
Old 02-10-2011, 06:07 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Daisey--any kind of M&M are my favs, so I feel for you too!

DD yesterday and for breakfast I had a whey protein shake made w skim milk, lunch was a whole 6.0 oz can of yellow fin tuna w tbl of olive oil mayo and chopped sugar free bread & butter pickles, and dinner was a big bowl of veggie soup. I was still hungry so I had a non fat strawberry greek yogurt -- and then I was stuffed. I probably went over my calories for the day, but I was still down this morning.

Will enjoy my UD today!
12/31/2010 188.0
1/31/2011 185.0
2/28/2011 181.0
3/31/2011 179.0
4/30/2011 171.0
5/31/2011 176.5 (2 weeks of vacation!)
6/30-7/31/2011 166.5/167.0 (Maintenance!)
Old 02-10-2011, 06:55 AM   #345

Daisey, ACK! M&Ms! That would be a hard one. I can hold off on a slice of cake or a serving of most desserts. But M&Ms are just so perfect for popping 'just a couple' into your mouth, they take a lot of willpower. You did good!

My husband is another one who likes his snacks as well as meals and has a huge sweet tooth. And apparently is blessed with a wonderful metabolism. He'll be 77 in 3-1/2 months and still lookin' good!

onceNforall, having to eat at Olive Garden on a DD would be really hard! I think you did a pretty good job of it, but even then it's hard to eat there at lunch and leave many calories to get you through the evening hours too. But I'll bet you had a great time with your elder mother, and that's more important than a single JUDDD DD in my opinion. Bless you both.

sweetpea49, sounds like you had a good DD yesterday anyway, don't know about whether you went over on calories there or not. Do you keep track of them in ******, or some other program? It can't have been too bad.

I'll be enjoying my UD today with you too! I'm about to start it off with a big mug of coffee with plenty of half & half! Yum! I don't get that on DDs because of the calories in the cream. I save that for UDs. LOL

Have a great day, Everybody!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
I have my "yummy" coffee on UDs too. Black coffee on DDs. Funny, the little tricks we find!

I need to keep myself full on DDs. I still am nowhere near the point where I enjoy feeling empty. I think that maybe in a past life I was starved to death lol. Seriously, though, I think the lengthy times I spent on very low-cal diets where I was constantly hungry and still not losing have caused this mental issue for me. I gotta feel full.

Just plain veggies won't do it for me, but I am doing really really well with veggie soup and miracle noodles. I make a huge pot every couple of days because my DH eats it too (he eats everything like other DHs here!). Anyway, I usually have two bowls piping hot for lunch and then another big bowl on a DD evening and it keeps me satsfied. I also have a konjac pudding almost every day, even on UDs.

SoHappy - have you done any experimenting with bigger quantities of the konjac? I eat a lot of the stuff between the shiratake/miracle noodles and the pudding and have to say it doesn't affect me one way or another.

UD today, DH is happy because we're going out to dinner!

Donna
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
SoHappy - have you done any experimenting with bigger quantities of the konjac? I eat a lot of the stuff between the shiratake/miracle noodles and the pudding and have to say it doesn't affect me one way or another.

UD today, DH is happy because we're going out to dinner!

Another DH happy to eat out when we have an UD. This cracks me up!
All of our dear, dear DHs. LOL

No, I haven't experimented with eating the glucomannan in a large quantity in a single sitting or even a single day. I do think it adds a definite *fullness* factor when I add it to various things, so that's the only way I've been using it. I mostly just use it to lend a thickening factor to soups and sauces, and even that slightly thicker mouth-feel to shakes or frappuccinos.

One of these days I'll gather up my courage and try to make a chocolate pudding out of it. I can't quite figure out how to get it both chocolate-y enough and sweet enough to make me think it is pudding. LOL
Old 02-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #348

Well, that was kind of hard.....

I'm doing a DD today. Usually not too troublesome. And today isn't either really.

I had to run out to buy some stamps and to mail three cards. DH asked me to pick him up a candy bar. So I came home with a Snickers Bar with Almonds. And handed it over.

Now I'm thinking I'd better fix myself a salad before I find myself fixing something richer and more calorie dense! LOL
Old 02-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I'm doing a DD today. Usually not too troublesome. And today isn't either really.

I had to run out to buy some stamps and to mail three cards. DH asked me to pick him up a candy bar. So I came home with a Snickers Bar with Almonds. And handed it over.

Now I'm thinking I'd better fix myself a salad before I find myself fixing something richer and more calorie dense! LOL

YIKES!!!!!!
Good going SoHappy!!

Today is a DD for me as well. Doing really well thus far, but no candy bar temptations!

I've had 2 HB eggs and lots of water ith acv and stevia. For supper I'm having shirataki noodles, mushrooms, ginger, garlic and spinach. Then a HB egg for bedtime snack.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Today is a ud.
Lunch
Whole can soup>160 cals.
Dinner
Salmon grilled 5oz.>250
Salad with T fat free dressing>50 cals.
Ouinoa{1c.. >250
Snack
1/4 cup. nuts. 150
Chobani yogurt>6oz. 140
900 cals. for day so far.
If I need more will get more calaries added.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Sorry. This is not a dd plan.[ sorry I posted this..
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
No need to apologize Kind!! Enjoy your Up day!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
Sorry. This is not a dd plan.[ sorry I posted this..
I love to read people's UD foods as well as just DD menus, so I'm glad you posted!
Old 02-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #354
Blabbermouth!!!

up day for me today. b,was veggie omelette and turkey bacon
L, almonds about 28
d, taco salad no chips kept it Lc.
s, almonds.
i had hot tea and water
Diet mountain dew I had a headache for some reason diet md gets rid of it.
thats it for today
Old 02-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My UP day (special)

HB egg w/ mustard
4 oz roasted organic chicken
1 tsp ev coconut oil
1 oz roasted cashews
1 TB chia gel
6 ounces grass-fed beef brisket
1 cup cauli rice
1 cup roasted onion
1 tsp ev olive oil
HB egg
Old 02-12-2011, 07:22 PM   #356
Blabbermouth!!!

RL, your menu sounds good. I hope you had a good day.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:45 AM   #357

I'll be having a Sunday DD today.

Midday Brunch: big omelet of 1/2 cup Eggbeaters and 2 more egg whites mixed in... a slice of 40-cal bread, toasted and split into two halves, and a tablespoon of low sugar black current jam mixed with a tablespoon of the glucomannan gel to make enough spread for the two toast halves. ****** says 172 calories.

I haven't decided what to have for supper.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
RL, your menu sounds good. I hope you had a good day.
Dasiey,

Thank you sweetie!

It was soooooooooo good! I skipped the evening HB egg and had a small piece of brisket. It is so expensive, we rarely have it, and it was so good!

Thanks for the well-wishes! Our anniversary was great!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all!! I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday!!!

Today is a DD for me to get back on my set day schedule of DDs and UP days.

Today I'm having my lovely protein shake today. Oh, how I have missed it! LOL!
I wanted to change things up a bit and it worked great, but I think once a week I can have my shake for the day. Today is the day.

I'll be back to post my menu.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:42 AM   #360
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Roasted Brussels Sprouts

-heat oven to 420

-cut the sprouts in half lengthwise, spread on a cookie sheet, and sprinkle with EVOO (mix to cover) and some salt and pepper (I usually sprinkle on some crushed garlic, but we Italians use garlic in almost everything:-)

-roast for about 20-25 min.

-If you have any bacon, you can chop some into small pieces and add--I love brussels sprouts with bacon.

I've roasted frozen brussels sprouts similarly, but since I don't defrost first, I can't cut them in half................
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote