Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Thats what I am hoping for appetite control.
I like juddd. I am here to stay.

Somedays are just harder then others.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2011, 05:44 AM   #302
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Happy Superbowl Sunday to Everyone. Have you all designed this as an Up Day?

I expect most of us will be attending Superbowl Get-Togethers elsewhere or be enjoying *Superbowl Food* at our homes, which is what we're going to be doing. And since quite a bit of that is higher calorie/higher carb stuff, my plan is to eat like it's a DD up to game time, and then enjoy as I continue with my UD calories.

And then right on into my DD tomorrow. (How can this be a 'diet'??? Only having to be on a diet every-other-day sure doesn't seem like a 'real' diet, does it! LOL) Have a great day, JUDDDers!

Last edited by SoHappy; 02-06-2011 at 05:46 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Morning Y'all!

To all those who like sports and especially SuperBowl...have fun! And have a great time however you celebrate!

We don't care for it in our home and we don't attend gatherings for it, so we are not really tempted by SuperBowl Sunday.

Today is my regularly-scheduled MD and I'm shooting for 1,000 cal and 30 carbs.

I'll be back to post my menu plan when I enter it into ******.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #304

I read that Superbowl Sunday is either a football celebration or a celebration of the football season finally ending! Depending on whether you were a football fan or not.

I enjoy the game, if it is a good one, and rarely care which team wins. I like to watch it for the new commercials as much as anything because so much effort (and money) has gone into them, and some are just so fun.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I'm doing a DD today and feeling wonderful despite the morning still being overcast. It's supposed to be in the high 20s today, so I'm planning to go on a walk later.

I bought groceries yesterday again, a huge beef roast which I cut into three chunks and repackaged and froze, and some lovely pork chops, which I repackaged too. With just the two of us, I have to make almost everything into smaller packages.

DH has expressed his 'hope' that I would fix him waffles after church this morning, so I'll do that. He gets so pampered. And then after that I'll spend some time in the kitchen prepping the foods that I will have for myself today. (Certainly a lot more Brussels sprouts! Why do they have to sell those things in such huge packages? I guess after preparing the ones I'll eat today I should just prepare the rest and freeze them too. The freezer is already getting pretty full.)

Hope you'll all post your UD and DD foods today for me to read about. I'll be thinking about you and hope you all have a successful and productive day!
Just starting to wade my way through all these posts and notice your mention of roasted brussel sprouts. I LOVE brussel sprouts too....mind sharing with me how you fix yours? Do you buy them frozen at Sam's Club? I buy my frozen broccoli there, but never noticed the brussel sprouts...will have to look. Thanks!
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Just starting to wade my way through all these posts and notice your mention of roasted brussel sprouts. I LOVE brussel sprouts too....mind sharing with me how you fix yours? Do you buy them frozen at Sam's Club? I buy my frozen broccoli there, but never noticed the brussel sprouts...will have to look. Thanks!
Sherrie, I buy big zippy bags of them, fresh at my grocery store with the rest of the fresh produce. Wish they offered small bags as well as the big bags of them.

I just use my paring knife to cut off the dried end of them, remove any 'ugly' or marred leaves, and then rinse them under running water.

I put them in my steamer basket on the burner and steam then until they are pretty tender. (The last thing I like is crunchy 'tender-crisp' cooked Brussels sprouts. LOL) Then put them on a cookie sheet on parchment paper in the oven at 350 degrees or so. The best is to spray olive oil on them and sprinkle them with your favorite salt, but on DDs I just forego that nice bit of the recipe to save the calories from the olive oil. Roast them until you see some browning taking place around the edges here and there. Or you can put them under the broiler too if you are in a rush. I just like the taste of them when they are browned the best, but even just steamed tender is wonderful.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey y'all,

I am really looking forward to this MD. I roasted a wild salmon fillet this morning, I made some cauli rice and roasted kale chips the other day. I have some fresh, raw, organic salad greens. YUMMM!

Here's my plan for today, shooting for 1,000 cals and 30 carbs. I'm posting for accountability.

2 hard boiled eggs (one for breakfast, one for bedtime snack)
Roasted salmon (2, 4 oz servings)
Cauli rice (2, 1/2 cup servings)
Kale chips (3 oz)
Big, fresh organic salad and dressing (4 cups greens 1 TB dressing)
Olive oil (1 TB)
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (1 TB)

Herbal tea with stevia and ACV

Totals
981 Cals

69.3 Fat

19.5 Carbs

72.4 Protein
Old 02-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #308
Blabbermouth!!!

[QUOTE=SoHappy;14351614]I read that Superbowl Sunday is either a football celebration or a celebration of the football season finally ending! Depending on whether you were a football fan or not.

I Love this...Well I love the colts and their not in it. So we will celebrate that its over....
Old 02-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #309
Blabbermouth!!!

OH on to nascar and the tour de france is coming up. so much to look forward to.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Oh Daisey--I do love Peyton Manning! As a football player he is feared, but for me, I just crack up during his commercials. He's a funny guy!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #311
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Oh Daisey--I do love Peyton Manning! As a football player he is feared, but for me, I just crack up during his commercials. He's a funny guy!
yes hes kinda goofy.
But I do hope the steelers win tonight......
Old 02-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening everyone!

What were your menus today?

Today was a MD for me and as I wrote in the other thread, I LOVE MDs better than either of the other days, even the UP days. I look forward to my 1 MD a week.

Today was very good for me, I was satisfied with the food and not much hunger. I was sipping on ACV with water and stevia.

I had:
1 HB egg
Roasted salmon 4.5 oz
Cauli rice 1 cup
Roasted kale 1/2 cup
Organic greens salad and organic dressing 4 cups greens, 2 TB dressing
Roasted salmon 4.5 oz
Cauli rice 1 cup
1 HB egg

Totals:
1,030 Cals

64.5 Fat

29.5 Carbs

86.4 Protein

Old 02-07-2011, 07:25 AM   #313
Blabbermouth!!!

how do you make Cauli rice?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:39 AM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
how do you make Cauli rice?
Hi Dasiey,

The way I made it is to take a whole head of fresh cauliflower, remove all the greens, cut the pieces to fit the food processor and then process on the grating blade. (If you don't have a FP, you can grate it by hand with a cheese grater, but it takes a loooong time!).

Then, I nuke the grated cauli in 2 batches for 6 minutes each, covered, with NO water. The end result is like fluffy rice. You can add butter, salt and pepper, whatever.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:02 AM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Y'all!

Here is my DD plan, for accountability!

1 HB egg
1 pack shirataki noodles
1 cup fresh organic baby spinach
1 HB egg
1 raw celery stalk
1 cup cauli rice
1 HB egg

We'll see if I need more food, I have some calorie allowance left if I'm hungry.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #316
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Hi Dasiey,

The way I made it is to take a whole head of fresh cauliflower, remove all the greens, cut the pieces to fit the food processor and then process on the grating blade. (If you don't have a FP, you can grate it by hand with a cheese grater, but it takes a loooong time!).

Then, I nuke the grated cauli in 2 batches for 6 minutes each, covered, with NO water. The end result is like fluffy rice. You can add butter, salt and pepper, whatever.
That sounds so good.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:46 PM   #317

It's a Down Day for me today after yesterday's wonderful Super Bowl food!

Hot tea until midday.

1st meal: 1 cup bowl of Italian Vegetable Soup, heavy with onions & green pepper, green beans, spinach, chopped tomatoes and chopped zucchini in a tomato juice broth. Thick with the veggies, so I think it is really filling.

Also a nice-sized salad of mixed spring greens & romaine lettuce, 1/3 apple chopped into it, and s/f raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

2nd meal will be at the end of the afternoon... another round of the above soup and salad.

Later supper this evening: Southwestern omelet with double-serving of Eggbeaters, plus an additional egg white, scrambled with 1/4 cup yellow pepper and 1/4 cup sliced green onion, a triangle wedge of the lite cheese (like Laughing Cow, I think) only 25 calories melted on top, and 1/4 cup salsa on the side!

If I'm hungry later in the evening, I'll fix a sandwich using 1 slice of the light 40-cal bread, 1/2 can of water-packed tuna, a bit more sliced spring onion, and a little sugar free pickle juice.

If I eat it all, calories will be 506 total. If I don't eat the tuna sandwich later, the calories will only be about 406. Either is fine with me, so it will definately depend on whether I'm hungry.

For me the definate secret of Down Days is to have enough food to not be feeling hungry.

I did mix a little 0 calorie glucomannan gel into the salad dressing, the Italian soup, I'll mix a little into the salsa, and again into the tuna. This stuff is also very filling with its fiber so helpful on DDs.

Drinking lots of iced tea throughout the day. The next time I'm down past the Saigon Market, I'll stop in for more of their imported green tea from China. That is good stuff! But my iced tea today is PG Tips Special Blend from England, and it is nice too. Filled with tannins.

Hope you all are having a great day!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Y'all!

Whatcha eatin' today?

SoHappy: Your DD menu looks AMAZING!!

I'm having an egg-cellent DD thus far, I had a HB egg for breakfast and one for lunch because I've been sipping on acv water with stevia and just not hungry!

About 5:30 PM, I started to get hungry, so I dry sauteed a package of shirataki noodles in my wok. I added 1/2 of a jarred roasted sweet red pepper chopped, 1 cup raw organic baby spinach leaves, ginger, grilling spices and salt. The noodles had plenty of liquid so I didn't need to add any.

I ate this with my chopsticks and it was soooo satisfying!

I still have plenty of calories left, so if I get hungry, I'll eat later. Otherwise, I'll just have my regular HB egg for bedtime snack.

Have a great night y'all!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #319
Blabbermouth!!!

I ate eggs and turkey bacon I am done for the day
I try not to eat past 7 pm

RL those noodles you eat tell me cals. and carbs.
and please what are they made from
Old 02-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #320
Blabbermouth!!!

i was looking up hot tea and it says each tea bag has one carb is this true. the box said 0 but calorie king says one. what do you think.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #321

I put one bag of PG Tips in a quart of water and let it steep in the refrigerator. There are maybe 3 calories in the quart that way and certainly less than a carb. I don't worry about the counts in tea at all. Plus I don't count carbs very much on JUDDD, as I have gone back to eating a lot more like I did years ago.

But, yes, brewed tea and coffee both have some (but very, very little) calories and carbohydrate.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Sitting here savoring a final small bowl of my DD veggie soup. I used the Miracle Noodles "rice" shape in this. It's kind of funny - to me the "orzo" shape looks and feels like rice, not pasta at all, and the "rice" shape looks and feels like pasta ditalini! I might try stirring some of the konjac powder into the next batch I make just to see if I like it as well merely thickened rather than with the faux pasta additions.

My boys lost the football game yesterday but I did okay at the party. I had one beer (blech) and the tops off a bunch of pizza slices. Unfortunately I also ate some chips and peanuts. But I don't feel bloated today so maybe I didn't do too much damage.

Tomorrow is an UD and we are probably going to go to my favorite restaurant for lunch. Then maybe we'll pick up some fresh seafood to make here in the condo for dinner. We're hoping it will be nice outside--today was a rainy gloomy mess so we couldn't do our beach walk.

Sounds like everyone's doing well!

Donna
Old 02-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #323
Blabbermouth!!!

Donna I am sorry about your boys. it was a good game.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #324
Blabbermouth!!!

sohappy i started watching carbs. and it said watch for hidden ones,
Old 02-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Thanks daisey. Green Bay was definitely the better team yesterday!

Now I tried to change my avator since Mr. Troy Polamalu didn't work any miracles in the game yesterday, but it keeps showing on my screen as that hunk 'o man instead of the view from our condo balcony that I changed it to - is it just my computer, or is everyone still seeing Troy versus palm trees?

I forgot to report the rest of my DD but it was just a rehash of my most common DD - \
SW eggbeaters with some mushrooms and roasted red peppers for breakfast, veggie soup for lunch, hot dogs with crudites for dinner, another bowl of veggie soup for snack, and I'll still have a cup of konjac pudding.

Donna
Old 02-08-2011, 05:18 AM   #326
Blabbermouth!!!

I see troy
Old 02-08-2011, 06:44 AM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
RL those noodles you eat tell me cals. and carbs.
and please what are they made from
Hi Dasiey,
These noodles are made from the glucomannan flour, also known as yam flour.
In the kind I get, the bags hold 7 oz and the calories are 40 for the whole bag. The carbs are 4. On the internet, there are different calories and carbs listed, some even post that there are ZERO carbs and cals, but for me, I want to err on the side of caution and I use 40 and 4. They are very, very filling and satisfying to me.

I would encourage you to read the shirataki threads in the recipe forum, as there are some excellent tips about preparing and using shirataki noodles. They MUST be rinsed very well when opening the bag as they have a "fishy" smell, which goes away with good rinsing and they have no taste on their own, they take whatever taste you combine them with.

They are an important part of my DD menus.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
No bathroom issues for me. I've always handled fiber really well, though--maybe all those years of being a vegetarian toughed me up down thar lol.

Yes, SoHappy, this plan is working out just great for me on this vacation! We've gone out two times on UDs and both times I was able to enjoy my meal guilt-free. This is such a liberating feeling! Any other time I would've loved the meal but felt guilty, before and after, and that pervasive sense that I'd "blown it" might've been enough to send me off on a major deviation from whatever plan I was following. Instead, I felt in control, I enjoyed the meal with no guilt or frustration--it was just another UD and I knew I'd be back to the regular ole DD the next day.

We leave tomorrow a.m. for our next destination, Hilton Head. There is a restaurant there I truly love, and the meals are incredible and just the right size. I know I'll enjoy it even more than I have in the past. Also, one day my DH would like to do a seafood buffet--haven't been tempted to do that here, but if the right place and the right mix of seafood is there, I may do it, and get right back to a DD the next day. We shall see.
Still trying to get caught up on this thread. What restaurant is your favorite in HH? We go there for 2 weeks the beginning of April each year and have many favorites (but unfortunately not for their redeeming qualities...just lots of yummy food)!
Old 02-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Was also reading about the WF dressings a few pages back. My favorite is the Coleslaw one....take 1.5 cups of coleslaw mix for 25cal and add the dressing and some horseradish for extra bite....very filling low calorie snack. I really like the honey mustard one too.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #330
Senior LCF Member

onceNforall - we love Roastfish and Cornbread. It's a very small place with an eclectic menu that features lots of vegetarian choices, which my DH loves. I wanted to go there today but we let the "concierge" here talk us out of it, saying we had to try the Sea Shack instead. We've always meant to try Sea Shack in the past but never made it there due to long lines at dinner time, but we went for a late lunch and...meh. It was just okay to me.

Argh, now I don't know whether to spend my one remaining UD by going to Roastfish or in trying the Gullah restaurant that has been highly recommended by friends. Decisions decisions!

Beautiful day here today. Hope everyone is doing well.

I do love Troy Polamalu but can't imagine why I can't get him to disappear. If you click on his picture you'll see the avatar I want to show lol.