Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
It's just past Noon and I'm having my first meal of the day.. a very big and very simple salad. Just 3 kinds of lettuces & baby spinach leaves with chopped fresh tomato. Dressing is the calorie free/carb free French Dressing by Walden Farms. I mixed a spoonful of the glucomannan gel into the dressing first which stretched it some, and that should aid in giving me that 'full' feeling.

This is the first time I've had any Walden Farms product. Bought this in the health food section of my local grocery store. Not too bad. I've had better, but for a Down Day salad dressing, I don't require gourmet.. only low calories and with this one being ZERO, it's great.

I have to work this afternoon and think this will probably hold me until I get home at the end of the afternoon. Just taking along my HUGE monster insulated travel mug of plain iced tea to drink.

Hope all of you are doing well.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
i find the walden farm dressings benefit by having some additions--I add chipotle tabasco to the WF ranch to make chipotle ranch--I add a Tbs of real blue cheese to the WF blue cheese--I add a Tbs of galeos miso dressing to the WF caesar--ups the calories a teeny bit but really increases the flavour--the glu gel is very helpful in stretching the dressings--and a little ACV helps as well--
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
i find the walden farm dressings benefit by having some additions--I add chipotle tabasco to the WF ranch to make chipotle ranch--I add a Tbs of real blue cheese to the WF blue cheese--I add a Tbs of galeos miso dressing to the WF caesar--ups the calories a teeny bit but really increases the flavour--the glu gel is very helpful in stretching the dressings--and a little ACV helps as well--
This is the first Walden Farms product I've ever tried. My favorite dressing is the raspberry vinaigrette one I normally use or my favorite Italian one.

I usually have a lot more going on in my salads than this big one today, but I'll enjoy those few extra calories this evening in a little 'treat' of some kind.

I don't like sour dressings, so will skip the ACV idea, but I'll sure try some of the other dressings with your suggestions. Thanks.

ETA: Especially that blue cheese one.... LOL
Old 02-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Doing a DD today. Don't have any idea yet what I'll have for my 500 calories, or when I'll eat anything. So far, I'm not hungry at all. I've come to quite enjoy this empty feeling on DDs, and I certainly do enjoy the weight loss I'm getting.

Anybody else doing a DD today?
HI!!

Today is a DD for me as well. What did you end up eating?

Here's my plan:

Protein Shake
Chia seeds
2 hard boiled eggs
4 cups homemade organic chicken bone broth
1 package shirataki noodles
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
HI!!

Today is a DD for me as well. What did you end up eating?

Here's my plan:

Protein Shake
Chia seeds
2 hard boiled eggs
1 package shirataki noodles
I love Walden Farms "bacon Ranch" and "Caesar dressing". It saves me for sure!

DD today and I awoke hungry, ate 110 cal low carb tortilla with romaine and a piece of FF cheese, then ate turkey (50 cals) before work, then came home (hungry) and ate shiritaki noodles w/ taco bell sauce and a splash of no-cal caesar... It was good, really My dinner salad will have a little less chicken tonight if I'm to stay under 500. I love Southwestern eggbeaters! I'm out of them right now. I find that eggs for breakfast holds me longer than anything else.

So where do you get the glu stuff?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #276

RFL and BlondeRose, you both sound like you're doing well today.

I waited until noon to eat. Had a large salad of lettuces and baby spinach leaves with chopped tomato, and calorie-free French dressing. This salad pretty much filled a round casserole baking dish!

Then at mid afternoon I had a wedge of 25-calorie cheese, spread and rolled up inside a thin slice of 20-cal ham.

Towards the end of the afternoon I had 2 cups of my really, really thick Italian Vegetable soup, and splurged by having 5 little saltine soda crackers with it! That's such a hearty soup that it keeps me full quite awhile.

****** says I still have about 175 calories left, so don't know what I'll use them for. I'm leaning toward making two hotdog sandwiches with chopped onions, mustard, and 0-calorie sweet pickle. I did that once before by slicing the 40-cal toasted bread in half and slicing the weiner in half to make my two hotdogs. Heaped high with the condiments, I can tell you. LOL

And I've also thought I might slice up some yellow pepper and onion, real slivered slices, and make a double-sized Southwestern omelet with the Eggbeaters. That would only be about 70 calories or so. I use my non-stick pan. Could splurge a bit and top it with just a smidge of taco sauce.

Then one other thing I was thinking about was a huge mound of Brussels sprouts, steamed tender and then roasted a bit in the oven, then sprinkled with sea salt and balsamic vinegar. That is so good.

I think I could have both a big Southwestern omelet AND a lot of sprouts for those calories, so maybe I'll do both.

I just don't know yet. LOL Guess that means I'm not very hungry yet.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
So where do you get the glu stuff?
I'll get that for you. Donna posted it back a few pages. Be right back.

ETA: OK, I sent you a pm with the site.

Last edited by SoHappy; 02-03-2011 at 04:21 PM..
Old 02-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Y'all!

My DD yesterday went well although I was a little hungry around bedtime, but it was OK. I added another bag of shirataki and another HB egg.I went a little over, but I'm still satisfied with my day. Here's my totals for yesterday:

Cals 562

Fat 23

Carbs 37

Protein 41

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 02-04-2011 at 07:55 AM..
Old 02-04-2011, 07:54 AM   #279
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Dd for me today. I will eat my egg beaters and turkey bacon and drink coffee plus hot tea.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
DD for me today. Had a Southwestern Eggbeaters omelet this a.m. -- eggbeaters with about an ounce of mushrooms and a tiny bit of roasted red pepper. Right now, I'm simmering a big pot of my Favorite Vegetable Soup which will be lunch. For dinner I'm not sure yet if I'll stick with my old faithful fat-free hog dogs or maybe I'll just use some of last night's lamb stew over shiratake noodles. I won't be able to get an exact calorie count on that but it should be estimate-able.

Since I was so very nervous about my ability to handle down days at first, I've pretty much stuck to a set menu of the eggbeaters in the a.m., the soup at lunch and the hot dogs at dinner. I'm feeling more confident now and might consider branching out--but so far I am finding this "menu" very satisfying and am reluctant to change it up much.

Oh, and the konjac powder is a definite plus for me. I find a cup full of "pudding" at night to be totally satisfying, on both up AND down days.

Last night I made a chocolate pudding that was interesting. I'm not sure I'd do it on a down day but here's what I made:

1 packet SF Swiss Miss cocoa (60 cals)
1 tbs Hersheys Special Dark cocoa powder (10 cals)
1 cup water
2 drops liquid Splenda
1 tsp konjac powder

I dissolved the cocoa mix and cocoa powder in water then added the konjac powder. It was pretty chocolately at that point but not sweet enough so I added the two drops of liquid Splenda--I bought this ages ago and don't know if it's still available or not, but it's extremely sweet. Anyway, when I mixed it all up it was completely and totally smooth. I stuck in in the fridge, and I don't know what happened, but when I ate it later, the smooth texture was gone and it had a lot of little blobs in it, kind of like a thin tapioca texture. I'm not sure if it was a reaction between the cocoa mix and the konjac? Whatever, it tasted pretty decadent if you don't mind little blobs lol. For about 70 calories, I don't think it will be a DD treat for me. However, I think I will try it again with just two or three tbs of the Special Dark cocoa powder which would cut it to 20 or 30 cals, and possibly retain the smooth texture--if I get a chance to try that tonight, I'll report on it!

Donna
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #281
Blabbermouth!!!

On my dds I eat nothing I don't know the
exact calories. But thats just me. I remember
somewhere I had read the key is the dds.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good lord Donna! Great minds think exactly alike! I made the EXACT same dessert last night! swiss miss, cocoa, glu powder and davinci vanilla syrup with a spoonfull of ff sour cream stirred in. How weird is that????

By the way you JUDDDers. I made a batch of FF/LC bran muffins this morning--about 40 calories per muffin. So good with some hot tea and so so filling. Recipe posted on the recipe board.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Oh my -- some weird konjac karma going on lol. I might've added the DaVinci's too except I don't have any with me on this trip. The sour cream sounds like a good addition. Did yours get lumpy too?
Old 02-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

no--I have learned to whip like crazy or use my immersion blender when making glu puddings. no lumps!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Hmmmm...interesting about the lumps. I haven't had a problem with them and what puzzled me about this was that the mixture was absolutely smooth before going into the fridge. Oh well, I'll have to force myself to try it again!

I also will try your new muffin--sounds yum!

I'm kind of laughing because here I am on this trip, and while I don't have my full diet arsenal with me I did make sure to bring along my wheat bran, oat fiber, glucomannan, unflavored PP etc. and have almost everything I need for those muffins.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #286

You're all doing so well with handling your DDs.

I have a breakfast meeting at my health club for all of the members the first Friday of each month, so today certainly had to be an UD for that. LOL

I'll have to make a bit of chocolate pudding one of these days. Or maybe this evening! I use my blender to blend glucomannan powder into liquids, so will have everything in there and blending before adding the powder a bit at a time. Haven't had any lumps doing it that way so far. (I hate tapioca pudding, so I gotta' depend on that blender.)
Old 02-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #287
Senior LCF Member

I have my immersion blender in my luggage--I'll bet my suitcase looks a lot different from the suitcases of others around us lol. I will try to blend the pudding next time because it was yummy even lumpy but I liked it better smooth. I just mixed up a Joint Juice flavored "pudding" - lump free going into the fridge (as usual), now I'll be curious if it is still lump-free when I eat it later.

Just an FYI for anyone who is wondering whether Dr. Johnson would consider konjac/glu/miracle noodles etc "legal" on his plan--he specifically writes about the noodles' benefits in the book and even offers several recipes. He probably wishes he'd thought of using the powder like we're doing!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
I have my immersion blender in my luggage--I'll bet my suitcase looks a lot different from the suitcases of others around us lol. I will try to blend the pudding next time because it was yummy even lumpy but I liked it better smooth. I just mixed up a Joint Juice flavored "pudding" - lump free going into the fridge (as usual), now I'll be curious if it is still lump-free when I eat it later.

Just an FYI for anyone who is wondering whether Dr. Johnson would consider konjac/glu/miracle noodles etc "legal" on his plan--he specifically writes about the noodles' benefits in the book and even offers several recipes. He probably wishes he'd thought of using the powder like we're doing!
LOL

RealFoodLiving wondered whether there were any 'bathroom' issues in either direction from this food. I haven't noticed any, but I haven't eaten it in great quantity. I'm assuming you wouldn't be eating this much of it if you were having any issues with it either.

I just think of it as a 'tool' to make Down Days a bit easier because they can be more physically filling for my tummy if I use the gel to bulk up certain things.

Enjoy your vacation. Sounds like you're staying on JUDDD without too much trouble.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The glucomannan gel definitely keeps me close to the loo. Runs right through me. It is filling, it is a great cooking tool--but if you are susceptible to the impact of fiber, don't stray far from the potty--
Old 02-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

No bathroom issues for me. I've always handled fiber really well, though--maybe all those years of being a vegetarian toughed me up down thar lol.

Yes, SoHappy, this plan is working out just great for me on this vacation! We've gone out two times on UDs and both times I was able to enjoy my meal guilt-free. This is such a liberating feeling! Any other time I would've loved the meal but felt guilty, before and after, and that pervasive sense that I'd "blown it" might've been enough to send me off on a major deviation from whatever plan I was following. Instead, I felt in control, I enjoyed the meal with no guilt or frustration--it was just another UD and I knew I'd be back to the regular ole DD the next day.

We leave tomorrow a.m. for our next destination, Hilton Head. There is a restaurant there I truly love, and the meals are incredible and just the right size. I know I'll enjoy it even more than I have in the past. Also, one day my DH would like to do a seafood buffet--haven't been tempted to do that here, but if the right place and the right mix of seafood is there, I may do it, and get right back to a DD the next day. We shall see.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
No bathroom issues for me. I've always handled fiber really well, though--maybe all those years of being a vegetarian toughed me up down thar lol.

Yes, SoHappy, this plan is working out just great for me on this vacation! We've gone out two times on UDs and both times I was able to enjoy my meal guilt-free. This is such a liberating feeling! Any other time I would've loved the meal but felt guilty, before and after, and that pervasive sense that I'd "blown it" might've been enough to send me off on a major deviation from whatever plan I was following. Instead, I felt in control, I enjoyed the meal with no guilt or frustration--it was just another UD and I knew I'd be back to the regular ole DD the next day.

We leave tomorrow a.m. for our next destination, Hilton Head. There is a restaurant there I truly love, and the meals are incredible and just the right size. I know I'll enjoy it even more than I have in the past. Also, one day my DH would like to do a seafood buffet--haven't been tempted to do that here, but if the right place and the right mix of seafood is there, I may do it, and get right back to a DD the next day. We shall see.
It's just hard to believe that you are on a WEIGHT LOSS DIET right now! Enjoy the rest of your wonderful vacation. I'm sitting back here in Iowa, in the snow, thinking of the seafood buffet you might be enjoying shortly.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
The glucomannan gel definitely keeps me close to the loo. Runs right through me. It is filling, it is a great cooking tool--but if you are susceptible to the impact of fiber, don't stray far from the potty--
Maybe I'd better work myself up in quantity with this stuff. I've just had small portions so far. I was thinking of that pudding that Donna described, but that would be quite a bit in one sitting. I'd hate to have 'issues' ... of either kind.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning JUDDDers!

Today is a DD for me and I'm hoping for a pound loss on the scale for tomorrow's Weigh In. I lose a lot of fluid on DDs so I'm hoping for a good body response.

My plan for today is: 500 or less cals and < 20 carbs
Protein Shake
Shirataki noodles in homemade chicken bone broth soup with fresh raw baby spinach
Hard boiled egg and spicy mustard
Old 02-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #294
Blabbermouth!!!

Your plan sounds good realfood.
I hope tomorrows weigh in goes
well for ya.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
Your plan sounds good realfood.
I hope tomorrows weigh in goes
well for ya.
Thank you Daisey!!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Afternoon JUDDDers!

How is everyone's day going?

I made a change in my menu. I decided to go it without my beloved protein shakes for a few days and see how it goes. The protein powders are pretty expensive, but they are OK if I'm not eating other food. I just wanted to change it up a bit and see how I respond.

So, today's DD menu is looking like this:

1 hard-boiled egg
1 stalk raw celery
SOUP:
2 cups raw fresh organic baby spinach
2 bags shirataki noodles
grated fresh ginger
2 1/2 cups roasted kale chips roasted with olive oil and Kosher salt

Lots of herbal tea with stevia

So far, so good!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

Realfood i hope your day went well.
That menu looks even better
Old 02-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Realfood i hope your day went well.
That menu looks even better
Evening Dasiey!

Thank you. How has your day gone?
Old 02-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #299
Blabbermouth!!!

Its been good. I had a md so that I could have superbowl junk food tomorrow,
But I think i will try Lc along with juddd. Somethings got to give less then 10 pounds
to go. and its been a struggle. I guess some of my uds have been to big, I am facing it.
And trying to fix it.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Its been good. I had a md so that I could have superbowl junk food tomorrow,
But I think i will try Lc along with juddd. Somethings got to give less then 10 pounds
to go. and its been a struggle. I guess some of my uds have been to big, I am facing it.
And trying to fix it.
'

Dasiey!
Hang in there, you can DO this! Some people say that the last 10 pounds are the most difficult, but I think with JUDDD, it should not be any different than any other.

I do LC on JUDDD and it helps me with my appetite as well.