Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 09:01 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: magentagirl13
Stats: 176.5/174/128.5
WOE: low carb JUDDD and IF (8 eating hours)
Start Date: 4/22/06; restarting 3/1/13
Morning everyone! I lost 1.5 pounds yesterday so am back on the right track, I think.

Today is a UD but I'm not really very hungry. I'm having some tea right now and I'll be drinking plenty of water. Not sure what's on the menu for today.

Hope everyone has a great day and is trying to stay warm!

Carrollee
magentagirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #242
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
We're warm again! Fortunately, the plumber was able to get the part needed, and my furnace heats the house quickly. What a relief!

It's a good thing that today is an UD because I doubt that I could handle a DD and furnace trouble at the same time!

Carrollee--Congratulations on the loss! I know you must feel great, but be sure you don't overdo it while you're healing. Good, nourishing food is what you needn on your UD.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.
Start Date: April1 2013
Great job Carrollee.
Im going to make that Cabage soup this after noon. Going to store to get what I need.That soup has been calling me for last few days and darn it Im going to listen.ha
Im looking forward to this Sunday. to have my first week back on Judd and see how I did on scale.
Have a great day girls..
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm so excited to be doing this.

Leo--happy to hear your furnace is back on. Brrr!

I am like you and will need to stay on lowcarb on my up days, but that is kind of second-nature to me after all these years. Plus, I love my low carb foods. I started off today with a LC muffin and two eggs. Still not hungry but will eat a little something around 1:30.

I woke up with a very mild headache this a.m. - possibly because I didn't drink as much coffee yesterday as I usually do, because I couldn't load it up with cream. Also, this is the first day in my memory of the past ten years when I've had such a low caloric intake. I'm pretty pleased with how the first DD went.

I'm going to have to fight my husband for my soup! I made a big pot yesterday thinking I would have half on my first down day, and save the other half for tomorrow. Guess who ate TWO BOWLS of MY SOUP for HIS LUNCH...argh! It's not really a problem, I'm so happy he likes it and will happily make more, but I just think it's funny. It's kind of like when you have a pet who is jealous of another pet and eats all that pet's food...sometimes I think my DH is like that with my "diet" food lol. He could have had anything he wanted out of that refrigerator, but made a beeline for my lowcal soup. Funny guy. But to be fair to him, he would be a flat-out vegetarian if I did all the cooking for it (we were vegetarians for 7 years, he did well on it, I did not), so this soup was a natural for him.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #245
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Carrollee, you are doing so wonderfully! I think your body is healing itself and responding well to your taking care of yourself. I hope you are feeling better every single day!

Leo, that was fast work! Glad the furnace is up and running again. Yay!

kind, could you post the cabbage soup recipe or send it to me in a PM? I see various things online, but so many of them seem to differ from one another. What recipe do you enjoy the flavor of?

I remember doing this diet for a very short while about 15 years ago and not liking the flavor of the soup at all. I'm hoping your recipe is flavorful and delicious as well as being low in calories.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #246
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Good news all around! So happy for all of you who are reporting that news. Relieved for you, Leo!

Sohappy, I did that soup diet in the past, too (pretty sure I already posted this) and at first it tasted good, but it got less and less appealing with each new bowl and each new batch. My body was just in protest. It was rather revolting. But that's cool that some people really enjoy it. Soup is a wonderful thing. I think I'm going to make some home made chicken soup soon. Haven't made one in a very long time, and right now I think I have most if not all the necessary ingredients. (Thanks for the idea!)
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Just a Quick hello. I am at work!!

Leo I amglad u r warm!!

Carolee WTg see it was mostly water!!

Welcome Donna

Hi to everyone else
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Hi. Well got ranning around done. Came home and looked for my Cabage soup recipe and must have thrown away.{Darn.that was a great one.
Got on line and found one that sounded the same.{ I think
I used 3 whole carrots and cut up.
2 green peppers { Cutup.
^6 green onions.
1 whole bottle 64 oz. v 8 juice and 8 cups water.
1 head cabage cut up.
Put in pot. cook untill done. 3 hrs?/
Ps. u can add package onion soup mix too but i didnt.
Looks great. but we will see. u can also add mushrooms too.{ I did'nt

That low cal. Veggable soup also sounds great. Please post that too.

Today Im going to try to keep cals. down to 300. i feel good and not hungery. should get body on tredmil.and do a mile.
every one is doing so good.and i really thinking posting helps.
We can do this.
kind.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Going in and make oat brand muffins.You know it seems when I cook or smell food it makes me less hurgery.
I sure hope that soup is good.if not I will have gotten out of my system.
kind.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
Going in and make oat brand muffins.You know it seems when I cook or smell food it makes me less hurgery.
I sure hope that soup is good.if not I will have gotten out of my system.
kind.
kind, OK.. I'll need to get what I don't actually have on hand. I'll simmer up a batch this evening after supper and put it into portions in the freezer. Then I can have it on one of these DDs and see what I think. I'll add whatever herbs and spices strike my fancy.

I'm doing fabulously on my DD so far. Cleaning out the refrigerator right now, and DH doesn't know it yet, but he's having the leftovers for supper tonight. I'm going to have more of my beefy mushroom soup. Leo, you were right about it just hitting the spot on these cold days!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Kind that sound delish. I will try it!

Hi Sohappy. I am glad u r having a good day. I too had a hood one. I made all my food for lunch so I do not snack on any crap in the office!!

Last edited by JKat; 01-13-2011 at 03:00 PM..
Old 01-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Donna what kind of low carb muffin do u eat?? I have made the one minute in the past a whole bunch of ways.... What do u do?
Old 01-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Ok. I just had some of the soup. I think it was good. I also used my hand blender and pured my soup before severing. With this soup U can add just about any thing you like. At least my inners are nice and warm. ha
Old 01-13-2011, 06:26 PM   #254
Big Yapper!

I just have a question for those of you Juddd'ers who do it LC. Don't you find it difficult to stay within your calorie restriction on your DD when doing LC? LC is usually high or higher calorie, and higher in fat. I'm having trouble seeing how both can be compatible, unless you eat stricly lean meat.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

This was the WW soup I made--it's a very old WW recipe simply called "Favorite Vegetable Soup" issued long before the points system. Since then, they have issued several other versions and call them all 0 Point soups--they should all be good for a DD for me (and DH ha ha). Some of the newer "vegetable" versions have cabbage and green beans, plus there's Mexican, Italian and Asian, which I will try after I finish this one. Here's the oldie:

FAVORITE VEGETABLE SOUP

1 cup diced onion
6 chicken bouillon cubes
6 garlic cloves, minced
6 cups thinly sliced zucchini
2 cups thinly sliced carrots
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (I used 1 tsp dried, out of fresh!)
1 teaspoon basil leaves
1 teaspoon Italian spices
salt & pepper (to taste)

1 In a large nonstick saucepan, combine onion, broth mix and garlic; cook stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.
2 Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine; cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
3 Add 4 cups water and bring to a boil. reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
4 Using slotted spoon, remove about 2 cups of vegetables from saucepan and set aside. 5 In blender, in a few batches, puree remaining soup, return pureed mixture to saucepan, add reserved vegetables and heat. (I don't think hand benders were around when this recipe came out--I just stick my hand blender in the pot and whiz up until it's kind of pureed but still a little chunky)

The old recipe I have says it's 63 calories per serving. I found the recipe online with an official looking nutrition box that says it's 72 calories. Either way, it works for me! I dumped a couple of packs of Miracle Noodle Rice into the pot, so it really made a lot. My DH likes to put hot sauce in his.

Sohappy--I'd love the Beefy Mushroom Soup recipe!

jkat--I sometimes make a very basic OMM flax muffin with cinnamon, but lately I've been making a savory version. I know I found it on this site but darn if I can figure out which thread it was in...here's the recipe:

1 tsp coconut oil
1 egg
1 tbs water
1-1/2 tbs almond meal
1 tbs flax
1/2 tsp parmesan
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp splenda (I tried omitting this but it does seem to add something as its OP said)

Whisk really really well to avoid egginess and microwave on high for 1 min 30 sec, then split and toast.

I'm also experimenting with Ouizoid's English Muffin recipe.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #256

I'm still having THE BEST Down Day I've had so far on JUDDD! Either the soup was a miracle or I just kept too busy to let any hunger come through.

And, penguinpower, there's no real recipe to beefy mushroom soup. Just add a can of beef broth to a can of condensed mushroom soup plus 1/2 can of water. Add in a carton of sliced mushrooms if you want. That's the quickie version. Better when you have the time to make your own mushroom soup from scratch (just use a lot less cream for DDs) and even use your own rich beef broth. But either way it suffices.

I think I'm still under 300 calories, 'cause the soups were 265 calories and then I munched a couple of stalks of salted celery and a couple of dill pickle spears. (Thanks for the suggestion, Leo.)

Didn't get to the health club today after all so will head there tomorrow for certain.

Hope you all had a good day.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Donna. I see the thread resurrected on the recipes. I think I may add it back in. Nice to try something differant
Old 01-14-2011, 02:05 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning judders!!

I am on an up day today and planning to do low carb again. My last up day I did low carb and it was very successful. I plan on it again today.

Have s great day!! I am off to Wk again
Old 01-14-2011, 02:37 AM   #259
Senior LCF member

Cheryl- I do my DDs low carb, but keep in mind that I don't believe in "high fat" low carb. I began way back with Dr. Atkins in '72, and he never emphasized fat. Of course, there were no 'low fat' things in his day, and just allowing mayo and butter was a contrast to the standard low calorie plans. These days, I do my UDs with the usual amount of fat in foods or cooking--mostly EVOO, but my DDs are both low carb and relatively low fat.

I emphasize protein on both UDs and DDs because I think it's important to maintain muscle and lose fat, especially with the few calories we have on DDs.

Today is a typical DD. I've already had 5 oz of tuna mixed with chopped celery and low fat mayo (that I 'doctor' with hot sauce, mustard, and ACV to give it a 'kick' and lower calories). That's 200 cal. with 28g protein and will be my major food of the day.

Later I plan on an eggwhite 'omelet' with broccoli. I make this in a cup in the microwave with a spray of Pam--90 cal and 10g protein.

If I get really hungry, I'll have another 'omelet.' I have found that this emphasis on protein and low carb keeps my appetite in check most of the time (there are always those 'white knuckle' DDs that occur at times).

I only eat egg whites on UDs and DDs because the yolks are inflammatory, and I eat an anti-inflammatory diet to control the pain of my arthritis without any meds.

What helps with hunger is my black coffee (in the morning) and green tea (in the pm). Since I drink both without any cream or sweetener, it's 'free' and satisfying!
Old 01-14-2011, 03:14 AM   #260
Big Yapper!

Thanks for explaining that, Leo. I'll keep that in mind for the future.
Donna, thanks for the Vegetable Soup recipe.

Hello everyone. I'm on an UD, but still sleepy, so planning to go back to sleep for a while. I't's still early. Talk soon.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Hi. every one. Looks like we all are doing well this week.
Yesterday was my best dd. 300cals. today ud.
I also keep my fat low and if I do add fat it is healthy.
Also when I have meat.I have 4oz.of grilled chicken .and I like Vegg. burger.
Eggs when I have, I use Egg beaters and egg whites.
Im trying to add more greens and colorful veggs. and need to eat more fruits.{ Low in sugar kind.Hope when I have my 1st. week on Judd it will be a good one{Scale. But at least I started back. take care.
Kind
Old 01-14-2011, 08:13 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! I'm down a pound today. I have been taking care of myself and I don't think I'm overdoing it with anything. My top goal is to get back to being healthy, and I feel like I'm on target with that. Monday will be two weeks post surgery and everything should be back to normal by then. I have my doctor's appointment on Thursday. My incision sites are all healing up nicely, and I've been refraining from any physical activity of note but I'm starting back low key on Monday.

Today is a DD and I'll be drinking my tea and water. Not sure about what I'm going to be eating today, but I'll figure it out.

Carrollee

Old 01-14-2011, 08:55 AM   #263

Just popping in to say Hi to everyone.

I fixed tea and ate a hard boiled egg, then went to my health club and had a quick tanning session, then swimming, hot tub, swimming, hot tub, dry sauna, and then home. Doesn't that sound fabulous? I'm pain free and so relaxed.

Eating a big salad w/crab for lunch.. Was it Leo who mentioned this? It sounded so good I had to get some too!

Expecting to have a very reasonable UD today. Maybe it will end up just being a MD.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Stopping by to say hi, too! This is my second DD day--since the first one went so well for me, I'm just going to stick with the same menu. So I had a protein drink this a.m. and some coffee, and a pack of miracle noodles and marinara for lunch. Dinner will be my leftover veggie soup and if there's enough left I will also save a bowl for my late-night snack. If DH hogged up more, then I'll make another batch.

My plan is to weigh in on Tuesdays. Also, I'll be changing up the menu some once I get a handle on the down days...as I mentioned, it's been a very very long time since I did low-cal and I'm still very nervous about it!

I do notice that I feel really cold today. Brrrrr! It's been cold since early December here, but I'm thinking I just might feel a little colder on my down days. Hope that means I'm burning up some calories to maintain my body temp!

SoHappy, your gym day sounds wonderful. Wish we had a decent place around here (we're rural). I know a good bit of my weight problem is my slug-like nature.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #265
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
wow you guys are busy lots of post to read. I have a question. Do any of you push water. I know ww wants you to drink 64 ozs. i know I should Im just not a big fan of it. i wish I were. But I like coffee and tea so much more. I do drink some.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #266
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
Stopping by to say hi, too! This is my second DD day--since the first one went so well for me, I'm just going to stick with the same menu. So I had a protein drink this a.m. and some coffee, and a pack of miracle noodles and marinara for lunch. Dinner will be my leftover veggie soup and if there's enough left I will also save a bowl for my late-night snack. If DH hogged up more, then I'll make another batch.

My plan is to weigh in on Tuesdays. Also, I'll be changing up the menu some once I get a handle on the down days...as I mentioned, it's been a very very long time since I did low-cal and I'm still very nervous about it!

I do notice that I feel really cold today. Brrrrr! It's been cold since early December here, but I'm thinking I just might feel a little colder on my down days. Hope that means I'm burning up some calories to maintain my body temp!

SoHappy, your gym day sounds wonderful. Wish we had a decent place around here (we're rural). I know a good bit of my weight problem is my slug-like nature.
I always feel cold on my dds. I just can't get warm.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
wow you guys are busy lots of post to read. I have a question. Do any of you push water. I know ww wants you to drink 64 ozs. i know I should Im just not a big fan of it. i wish I were. But I like coffee and tea so much more. I do drink some.
I drink half my weight in ounces of water each day (or try to). I'm not a huge water fan either so I also count decaf or herbal tea in my totals.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #268

I drink mostly tea. Mugs of hot tea in the mornings and iced tea the rest of the day and evening. Ceylon teas, other black-pekoe teas and some green teas, if I get a good one at the Saigon Market. On UDs I'm more apt to brew a pot of coffee, but I drink that with plenty of half & half so don't like to use up cream calories on DDs. LOL

In the summertime I drink a lot more 0carb/0cal fruit beverages - two favorites are strawberry kiwi and strawberry lemonade. I even freeze the stuff into ice cubes and then blend the cubes back into the drink to make slushies!

I drink tomato and V8 juices occasionally, though not often, and also rarely some fruit juice. Also rarely a glass of some soda pop.

Not very often, but occasionally a beer or wine or mixed drink.

And occasionally a glass of milk. Not often.

About the only time I ever consume my fluids in the form of 'just water' is when I take my meds and supplements each day.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #269
Senior LCF member

About the only time I drink plain water is when I take my meds.

Keep in mind that ALL fluids count, and there's also water in soups (of course) as well as many green vegetables. All that counts in terms of hydration.

The key to knowing whether or not you're sufficiently hydrated is the color of your pee. Clear or very light yellow--and you're fine. Any darker, and you need fluids, but I find tea works just as well as plain water for keeping me sufficiently hydrated.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #270
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you all. I really like to hear what others
find thats work for them. I do drink plenty of
other stuff not always decaf.