Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #211
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I agree! I love to watch it falling. But clean up is a B....
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #212
Big Yapper!

Speaking of a B...., I tried to follow the instructions on how to insert the ticker into the siggi and it took me a bunch of tries. What an ordeal.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #213
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Cheryl- I have a man who plows and shovels for me, so I really can enjoy the snow However, it seems as though I just finished paying for lawn care, and I'm now I'm paying for snow removal. It never ends
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #214
Big Yapper!

Ain't it the truth! Every season has its own beauty and expense. Let's enjoy it, since we haven't got much of a choice at the moment! I hate when it snows at night. I feel cheated!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:59 AM   #215
Senior LCF member

Our school district just posted the closing, so I can stay home today with a clear conscience! Last night, I was telling my sister how I hoped I'd be able to stay indoors today, and she said, "Why would you go even if they're open? You're a volunteer--not a paid employee!" I guess a lifetime of getting to work regardless of the weather has become a habit that's hard to break.

So today's a DD, and I mixed some crabmeat with low fat mayo for a protein breakfast. Usually I use tuna or salmon, but I splurged on some crabmeat this week and decided it's a good idea to use a treat like that on a DD. If food is limited, it might as well be the best I have!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:08 AM   #216
Big Yapper!

Leo! Got your wish after all. You are one dedicated volunteer. It's still night here, so I'm trying to assess the damage outside, but it's dark. The snow is blowing and getting deep. I haven't heard any "thunder snow", but it's going on in various places.

This is my UD, so I'm going to be able to relax a bit. Whew!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:46 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Good morning!!!

I am having a rare day staying in bed late. Lol past 5:30!! I usually get my disabled uncle up but my other uncle who lives with him is going to handle it. I hate to let him do it alone but with the snow it's a must. So here I am enjoying my morning with my little one laying next to me!

I have alot of shoveling go do today!! Kids I included. It's great exercise for them.

I am sorry but I am babbling this morning today is up day and I am prepared for it.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:35 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: magentagirl13
Stats: 176.5/174/128.5
WOE: low carb JUDDD and IF (8 eating hours)
Start Date: 4/22/06; restarting 3/1/13
Morning everyone! This is supposed to be a UD but I think I will make it more of an MD or even a DD since yesterday was definitely not a DD. I was in a horrendously bad mood yesterday and seem to have taken it out in my eating. Not off plan, just more than I should have.

But today is a new day and I'll be on plan and I'll drink my water. I'm having a really hard time with that these days.

Carrollee
magentagirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:39 AM   #219
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Good Morning, JUDDDers! It sounds like it's a Winter Wonderland in a lot of places so enjoy your 'snowday vacations' and even your snow shoveling! Stop occasionally in your task and throw a few snowballs!

After we've been talking about the difficulty of DDs these last couple of days, I had a tough one yesterday. They usually don't bother me much at all, but for some reason I ran out of calories wa-a-a-ay before I ran out of appetite. I had to go to bed for the night just after 8:00!

And now today is an UD and I'm not even hungry. I think that just goes to show that last evenings HUNGER wasn't physical, it was emotional/mental. If it was physical empty hunger I believe I'd still be feeling empty and hungry this morning. So I'm just enjoying a mug of fabulous tea.. my sister gave me four of her precious English Afternoon Tea packets, sent to her from a friend in England, from Harrods! Ooh La La! and it is very enjoyable.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:37 AM   #220
Senior LCF member

So Happy- If I get hungry on a DD after I've used up all my calories, I say to myself, "I'll eat (x--if I'm thinking of a specific food) tomorrow morning." And then I try to distract myself if I can, so that I no longer think of either hunger or food. Amazingly, I've found that tends to banish hunger. Others on JUDDD have also found that this works.

I know this hasn't happened to you before, but another trick is to keep about 50 cal in 'reserve' to eat if you really need something before bedtime. Often just knowing that I have that reserve keeps me from being hungry so I don't actually use it.

Also, if you like them and don't mind the sodium, keep a jar of dill pickles in the fridge. A big pickle only has 10 cal., and there's something about that dill, sour taste that banishes hunger.

Last edited by Leo41; 01-12-2011 at 06:39 AM..
Old 01-12-2011, 07:24 AM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
So Happy- If I get hungry on a DD after I've used up all my calories, I say to myself, "I'll eat (x--if I'm thinking of a specific food) tomorrow morning." And then I try to distract myself if I can, so that I no longer think of either hunger or food. Amazingly, I've found that tends to banish hunger. Others on JUDDD have also found that this works.

I know this hasn't happened to you before, but another trick is to keep about 50 cal in 'reserve' to eat if you really need something before bedtime. Often just knowing that I have that reserve keeps me from being hungry so I don't actually use it.

Also, if you like them and don't mind the sodium, keep a jar of dill pickles in the fridge. A big pickle only has 10 cal., and there's something about that dill, sour taste that banishes hunger.
Thanks for the advice. I do know that often I've experienced that just the aroma of something is enough to satisfy my desire for it when I'm resisting. I love fresh baked bread, but even just the smell is enough to completely satisfy me. I believe I could focus my thoughts onto the food I will have in the morning, even planning that morning meal fairly extensively in my mind, and accomplish the same thing. I'm going to try it my next tough DD!!!

As to the 50 calorie 'reserve' item.. I think I'd just pop that like a pill and still be looking around for the rest. LOL But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that idea about a jar of big fat whole dill pickles. I haven't had them in ages although I've always enjoyed them pretty much, and that would be the perfect 'something' to bite into and munch on whenever I have this problem in the future. That is such a great hint. Thank you!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #222
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
dd for me today. I will eat my eggbeaters and lite bread.

Oh and dinner and the show last night was great.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Dasiey.
Glad you had a great time on your night out.
Today is dd for me also.
I still have not made cabage soup but it is still calling me.
Im making tea now. .
take care all.
kind
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #224
Big Yapper!

OMG x 120! I just got dug out from Benedict. It's not snowing anymore, but the wind is clearing the trees of their snow, and even when I was done shoveling one area, it had another inch of fresh powder. It's so bad that one of my neighbors whom I barely know, took pity on me and came over to finish behind my car with his snow blower. It's so bad that the neighbor who usually is the one to help me with my snow, was still working at his own driveway (must have been chipping away at it for nearly 6 hours.) I went over to help HIM for a change, but he stopped me and said his brother in law was coming over with his snow plow. He's out there right now, and he's having a beast of a time.

I don't know how many calories I burned, but I'm sure it was a bunch. My poor dog won't even go out and go potty! I cleaned off the back steps and cleared a round area at the base of the steps (looks like an Igloo with no roof,) but she will not use it. I extended it with a path that goes about 6 more feet. If that's not good enough for her, tough! The snow is over her head and she's a 50 lb dog (some of it was from previous snows, but most of it is new.) I think we got at least 18 inches, but it seems like a lot more. Well, enough about that.

It's an UD for me, and boy am I glad! For starters, I'm having 4 Ibuprofen with a wine chaser.

"Free your mind and your @$$ will follow."

My Journal.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
It's an UD for me, and boy am I glad! For starters, I'm having 4 Ibuprofen with a wine chaser.
Yeah, I think in a few hours you're going to be awfully glad you took the ibuprofen! And the wine... mustn't forget the benefits of wine after exertion. I believe they used to think that it 'built up the blood'.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #226
Senior LCF member

Cheryl-
About 30 years ago, I injured my back shoveling snow, and I haven't removed any snow since! I'm fortunate that my guy had me plowed/shoveled out by 10 am (before most of my neighbors).

The NYC city news isn't making much of this storm, but it is really bad here in the Hudson Valley--deep, deep drifts.

But I'm sure that shoveling used up a ton of calories for you!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
I shoveled three times today and got a workout all right. I was also worried about my back but took my time.. DH was just diagnosed with a hernia that needs fixing so no heavy lifting for him..My girls help. I was kinda mad at my neighbor who had a snow blower. There was 10inches in front of the drive way from the plows. He did not help. I am just the type of person that would give you the shirt off my back. I was so mad....I was really mad when he was doing near his mailbox and was hitting me in back with the snow!! But I looked up at the house and hubby was LOL Oh well it was definalty a moment to remeber!! I could hear my girls telling there husbands at chritmas dinners and special occasions.
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #228
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry! That was pretty cruel of him. Glad you can see the humor in it, though. That is the key to enjoying your life. Otherwise, we will all go insane.

Leo, that's great! I wish I had someone to plow me out, but my driveway isn't very plowable. I'd just end up with a mountain of snow separating me from my firewood. My back is a mess too, but it's me, myself and I living here. That's why I'm so eternally grateful for any kindness from a neighbor.

Sohappy, I've been "building up my blood" all afternoon. I've been chillin' and kicking back on a hot pad, soaking in the heat. Heaven!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I'm sorry! That was pretty cruel of him. Glad you can see the humor in it, though. That is the key to enjoying your life. Otherwise, we will all go insane.

Leo, that's great! I wish I had someone to plow me out, but my driveway isn't very plowable. I'd just end up with a mountain of snow separating me from my firewood. My back is a mess too, but it's me, myself and I living here. That's why I'm so eternally grateful for any kindness from a neighbor.

Sohappy, I've been "building up my blood" all afternoon. I've been chillin' and kicking back on a hot pad, soaking in the heat. Heaven!
Ha! Cracked me up!

Oh, had such a good UD today with a very filling supper. Now we'll watch a basketball game and call it a day. I've been so lazy and even had a wonderful afternoon nap! Pure sloth! LOL

I need to give a thought to my DD foods tomorrow. DH and I will work out in the morning, and I tan and then swim and do the whirlpool tub and sauna. I'll feel wonderful after all that! And have to go buy a big, big jar of those dill pickles Leo suggested!

Hope you all had a wonderful and successful day, got everything done on your 'To Do' lists, and had plenty of time to relax and perhaps 'build up your blood'...
Old 01-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Hey there, JUDDDers! I had decided to try something new for 2011 and really like what I've read about this diet so far...hope you don't mind that I'll be joining in with you.

A little about me--I lost about 73 pounds on regular low carb about 10 years ago, but it took me almost 3 years to lose it, and then despite staying very low carb, gradually it started coming back. I'm a lifelong dieter who has had a weight problem my whole life. I've tried them all, from Weight Watchers to NutriSystem (lost my gallbladder with that one) to super low-cal--low carb was the only diet that ever worked for me, and even though I lost very very slowly I was in heaven over not being hungry all the time!

But anyway, over the past few years no matter how hard I try, no matter how "good" I am, the weight just won't go down. Truth to tell, over the past year I have basically given up and not even tried, and my steadily climbing weight says it all.

I don't know how I missed the JUDDD threads or info--guess I was just so invested in low carb that I didn't want to venture into anything else--but I've been doing a lot of reading for the past few weeks and this makes so much sense to me.

I technically started today though I've been gearing up for it since the beginning of the year. I have an almost phobic fear of being hungry after all those low-cal diets, and so I've stocked up on Miracle Noodles and marinara sauce, and gathered my Weight Watchers 0 point soup recipes. Today I had black coffee and a protein drink for breakfast (130 cals), a pack of miracle noodles with marinara sauce for mid-day (theoretically 25 but I'll say 50 since it's hard to believe those noodles have no calories) For dinner I made a big pot of one of the WW soups - nutrition facts say the whole pot has only 500 calories, so it will do me for today's DD and the next one. I had two bowls for dinner and will have one more in a bit. Night eating is a big problem for me, so this might really help.

Well...sorry for being such a blabbermouth my first time one the thread! But maybe as you can tell I'm very excited and hopeful that this is The One for me!

Donna
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #231

Donna, welcome. This is such an interesting concept in health and weight loss that I was intrigued by it too. I'd read about calorie restriction with other species over quite a few years, and I knew there were some people who were eating at seriously reduced calories on their own because of their belief in the healing power of undereating rather than our normal habit of overeating, but I didn't realize there had been a 'diet' developed on the concept.

But it only makes sense to me. If you believe the results of the studies on calorie reduction on the health and lifespan of the subject animals, then it's easy to come to terms with the idea of it being very good for humans too. And it's simple math that a 500 calorie day and an 1,800 calorie day will average out to be two days of just below 1,200 calories each. Voila! That's a good weight loss calorie level, but you were only 'hungry' one of those days. And the other you were even allowed to eat pretty much anything (within reason) and go out to restaurants or eat party food occasionally and still find yourself losing weight or being able to maintain your losses. Now that's some kind of diet!

I find it quite intriguing. Good luck to you, and WELCOME.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #232
Big Yapper!

, Donna! It's nice when newcomers give a summary of who they are and where they're coming from. It helps us get to know each other. I hope you find JUDDD is the right plan for you. I used to do Atkins, so I understand the whole LC mentality. The freedom with JUDDD is the real challenge; well, that and the DD calorie restriction. Good thing you have some ideas of low cal stuff you already enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Ha! Cracked me up!

Oh, had such a good UD today with a very filling supper. Now we'll watch a basketball game and call it a day. I've been so lazy and even had a wonderful afternoon nap! Pure sloth! LOL

I need to give a thought to my DD foods tomorrow. DH and I will work out in the morning, and I tan and then swim and do the whirlpool tub and sauna. I'll feel wonderful after all that! And have to go buy a big, big jar of those dill pickles Leo suggested!

Hope you all had a wonderful and successful day, got everything done on your 'To Do' lists, and had plenty of time to relax and perhaps 'build up your blood'...
Your description of your gym routine makes me miss the membership I used to have. I love the pool/hot tub/sauna parts of the gym. You sound like you had a wonderful day! That puts a smile on my face. On the subject of pickles, I love the baby dills the best. They're so cute!

It's late and I must "retire." TTYT, ladies. Sweet Dreams.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-12-2011 at 07:58 PM..
Old 01-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Welcome .Donna.
Kind.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:38 AM   #234
Senior LCF member

Donna!

You seem to have a good handle on JUDDD already. I've found soup to be very filling on DDs, especially during this cold winter! In the past, I've kept broth in the freezer, too. A good 2 cups only has about 40 cal, and is also filling on a DD.

I eat low carb for health, but I'm not sure I could manage JUDDD unless I stay low carb most of the time. It keeps my appetite in check, especially on DDs. But most people on JUDDD eat carbs fairly freely, especially on UDs.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:08 AM   #235

Good Morning, JUDDDers! Our sky is that pale gray-white that looks like snow, but it's warm and cozy in here, and I'm getting all my morning chores done. Keeping really busy on a DD gives me double results. At the end of the day I can look back and see what all I've accomplished, AND it helps pass the time quickly without my 'appetite' voicing it's concerns quite so much.

This is Kitchen Week, so I'm cleaning in there from top to bottom, inside and out! I'm taking this opportunity to weed out all the odds and ends of dishes and pans that I always pass over and never use, which don't serve any purpose for me except to take up space. Why have I even accumulated and then kept all that 'stuff'? By the time I'm done I want to have a lean, mean kitchen!

You all have made me hungry for soup for today's DD. I'm thinking of a beefy mushroom. Will have to make a quick trip to the grocery story for mushrooms.

Wishing you all a great day!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:33 AM   #236
Blabbermouth!!!

welcome donna. Yesterday was my dd. today is gonna be a md

I need tomorrow to be ud. Its my sons birthday. I will want some
cake.

I hope you all will be having a good day.
I am freezing.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:02 AM   #237
Senior LCF member

I woke at 3 am (thanks to the cat) and discovered that my furnace was out!

It's about 10F here, so this is not a good thing. I got my plumber at dawn, but he couldn't get here until 10. It's 11 now, and he's out getting me a new "pressure switch." I'm hoping he gets one (he wasn't sure) because it's getting really cold in here!

I've heard that our bodies burn more calories to keep us warm, so that's about the only good thing in all this--but since my metabolism is so slow, I doubt that I'm burning any significant calories
Old 01-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #238
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I am sorry. I know how you feel. Maybe thats why
I am cold all the time I am burning calories.

Wishful thinking any way.
Good luck to you Leo
dress warm
Old 01-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #239
Big Yapper!

Oh, no! Leo, I hope your furnace is back up and running very fast. I have had furnace trouble before and I know how cold the house can get. Bundle up and pray!

DD here. I should stay busy but I'm so LAZY. I have to go shovel again, to clear what the plow gifted me. I've had it up to HERE (chin) with snow for one week.

Have a great day, everyone.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-13-2011 at 08:17 AM..
Old 01-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #240

Oh, NO, Leo! I'll bet the cat woke you because she was getting cold too. Hope you get heat back on shortly. Even then it take a bit to get the heat built back up. I know you'll go somewhere warm if it get too bad in your home, but what a disruption. I hate my comfy routine to be interrupted by these little interferences. Good luck!