Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi Cherylb.
You know we all fall and when we do it is so hard to get back up. But we have so many arms and hands here to help u up and give hugs when needed.I have fallen so many times. In fact I was off here for over year, But glad Im back.All diet work. That is if we work them and learn what our body needs.Write every thing down you eat. Move that body too. Get a buddy to talk too.Permake your salads and cut up veggs.Grill some chicken breast,I like Veggie burger by morning star. Boil some eggsor use egg beaters. Get on line and look at recipes.And on a day u just seem u have to have something u know u should Then just have 1/4c or 1/2c. and thats it.
Hope u stay with us. Just give yourself a talking too and say. u know what Im staying with this for 6-12 weeks and just see if this is for me. I bet you will do well. weigh1-2 days aweek.
I will help u if you need and u help me.??
Lets all see what we can do for this whole year. Move that body. u can winand get a healther you.
One thing too. If you eat naked that helps{ Look in mirror.[Ha ha.'
kind is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #182
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Hi Cheryl-
I just wanted to let you know that I have no idea what Blonde's 'secret' is in such a dramatic loss (which I've never seen except in people who induct low carb from high carb eating). In my 2 years here, no one has had that type of loss on JUDDD. Those who lose 'well' (not elderly me!) averaged about 2 lbs a week with no big initial losses--unless they'd been eating very high carb and went low.

I'm curious as to why you feel 'abnormal' on low carb. Like you, I'm alone and can control my food, but I also have social occasions with restaurant meals involved. I've never, ever talked about my WOE (I regard it as no one's business), but I've also had no problems eating low carb without anyone really noticing. For example, if I'd been you at Chuckie Cheese I would have either had a salad with NO comment to anyone or not eaten at all. If anyone asked about the salad, I'd simply say, "I want to eat lightly today" (I have a good friend who is slim and has never had a weight problem in her life, and she often does this. I think sometimes because we have weight issues, we're too sensitive about what others may think.)

I suspect that you feel like an outsider in your own mind. Personally, I eat low carb less for weight loss (I think I could do it with calorie restriction alone) but for health. I truly believe it's a healthier WOE for me. Thus, I refuse to be intimidated by anyone about my food choices. But I really haven't had any problems. As I mentioned, I don't ever talk about my WOE with anyone, and no one comments on what I eat or don't eat.

Interestingly, when my weight loss became very obvious, people might ask me "How did you do it?" When I would simply say that I cut out starch and ate less, they would immediately lose interest. I think sometimes people ask because it's the 'social' thing to do when they notice weight loss, but they're really not interested.

I guess what I'm trying to say, Cheryl, is make your choices about what to eat (or not) or what plan to follow based on your own needs. Don't let what 'others' may or may not think influence you.

Your frustration with JUDDD may be because you've been counting on UDs. The plan actually urges you not to do that but to try to eat as 'normally' as possible to avoid burn out. But it also may be that this plan isn't for you. Only you can decide that, but you might want to give it a chance with less attention to UDs and see how that works for you.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #183
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
If I ate naked in front of a mirror, I'd never eat again!

Thanks for all the support. I feel better today. I'm just chilling and not stressing about anything and will refocus tomorrow.

Thanks, again. There are so many good people on this board. I just love LCF!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #184
Big Yapper!

Leo, I don't share what I'm doing with just anyone, but it's difficult not to be open with family. When you are sitting at the Thanksgiving dinner table at a big family feast and you have no stuffing, no potatoes, no pie, no cookies, no bread, no whatever, people notice. I am just so tired of making special foods to take along with me, or trying to figure out what there is that I can possibly eat that won't be "a cheat." Atkins was/is great, but I'm tired of it all. However, I do believe it is a very healthy way to eat.

I'm going to lighten up on the ud's and not worry about tracking calories or anything on those days. On the dd's, I'm going to stay as busy as I can, and save the food until the evening, when I like to eat the most. If I do that, maybe I can manage to get that full-feeling that my body needs after dark.

Thanks to everyone. You're all so sweet. I appreciate it! More than you know. I think for a while, I will lay a bit lower, as far as telling y'all what I'm eating and such. I'm going to take it down a notch and do this in a more quiet way. You're right, Leo. It is a very personal thing. We have to find what works with our own little quirky personalities. I've got lots of quirks.

Have a nice day and evening, ladies.

"If we think of obesity like cancer, than let's measure the 5 year "survival" rate to determine success." (Unknown)

My Journal.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
Hi Cherylb.
You know we all fall and when we do it is so hard to get back up. But we have so many arms and hands here to help u up and give hugs when needed.I have fallen so many times. In fact I was off here for over year, But glad Im back.All diet work. That is if we work them and learn what our body needs.Write every thing down you eat. Move that body too. Get a buddy to talk too.Permake your salads and cut up veggs.Grill some chicken breast,I like Veggie burger by morning star. Boil some eggsor use egg beaters. Get on line and look at recipes.And on a day u just seem u have to have something u know u should Then just have 1/4c or 1/2c. and thats it.
Hope u stay with us. Just give yourself a talking too and say. u know what Im staying with this for 6-12 weeks and just see if this is for me. I bet you will do well. weigh1-2 days aweek.
I will help u if you need and u help me.??
Lets all see what we can do for this whole year. Move that body. u can winand get a healther you.
One thing too. If you eat naked that helps{ Look in mirror.[Ha ha.'
you are just way to funny. I hope you all hang in their. Their is so much more then just losing wait here. I think it helps you feel better as well.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Hi Leo!! How was your weekend?? Eat any yummy dishes??
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #187
Senior LCF member

Cheryl- I didn't realize you were talking about family--and yes, that can be a drag. I've done it in the past--just eaten turkey and brussels sprouts on Thanksgiving, and it was a major issue in my family. Somehow for people the 'traditional dishes' for a holiday are sacred and must be consumed.

That's a reason to stick with JUDDD; I've always had Thanksgiving and Christmas as UDs, and it's been great to eat anything I want.

Jodi- The weekend was great--although I don't plan to get on a scale until my usual Saturday weigh in (to give my DDs a chance to cancel out my indulgences). Friday through Sunday were UDs, but not excessive eating by any means (and I'm hoping my activity level helped--a lot of walking). I had a rich dessert one night--and the menu description was better than the food--but I finished it--much to my dismay and annoyance.

I had a to-die-for baked apple Sunday morning at this place that's famous for its elaborate breakfast--we always go there. I never felt 'stuffed.' In fact, after several meals I felt as though I could eat more (but I didn't), so I really don't think I did too much damage.

It's nice to be 'training' to eat as normal people do. A normal person would NOT have finished that disappointing dessert, and I plan to internalize that lesson for the future!
Old 01-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #188
Big Yapper!

I know! Last Thanksgiving, I asked my sister and her husband to be sure and set some turkey juice aside for me, so it wasn't all made up into gravy. I asked for some turkey skin to be reserved, but that kind of got sliced up along with the meat. The year before, I went all-out and made my own special things to eat. I brought cauliflower mash, a pumpkin bake, eggnog, and I don't even recall what else. This year, I just wasn't into it as much and just brought my own veggi, just in case. For Christmas, I "went off plan" for the day, because my other sister was throwing the dinner and there was nothing but ham on her menu that was low carb. I intended to "get back on" the next day, but I'm just so tired of getting on and off plan. I want my plan to just mean fewer calories on certain days.

So, it's hard but I'm not giving up! Tomorrow I will give it another go. I'm going to lighten up this week and see what I weigh a week from now.

Another storm is coming! Holy Moly. Another big one. They're predicting 8-16", which means they have no idea how bad it's going to be. Snow birds have the right idea! Follow the sun and the seasons. Now there's a goal worth pursuing.

Peace, friends.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #189
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Good Night, Everyone. Hope you all had a good JUDDD day today.

A DD for me tomorrow, and I'm thinking of deviled eggs. I'm sitting on the couch, watching the BCS championship game and writing out a list of everything I want to get accomplished tomorrow.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:20 AM   #190
Senior LCF member

Cheryl- I'm in NY, and we're expecting the snow tomorrow, too. I'm off to the supermarket this morning because I'm low on everything--especially cat food, which is essential. I want to get some soup stuff because I'm finding that my homemade soup is great on both UDs and DDs these freezing winter evenings [low cal and satisfying].

Since tomorrow is a DD, I'm hoping to 'cocoon' and read a good book or watch a movie [several on my DVR] to avoid eating--because a snowstorm always triggers my appetite for some reason.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:40 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Hi all! I am in hopes that my life has settled down a bit so I can return to Juddd. Keeping my fingers crossed.
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:48 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Cheryl-
Since tomorrow is a DD, I'm hoping to 'cocoon' and read a good book or watch a movie [several on my DVR] to avoid eating--because a snowstorm always triggers my appetite for some reason.
Good luck with your DD Leo.
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:03 AM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Vegetarian Moderate Carb~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Good Morning everyone! I want to say that the last three pages have offered awesome advice and insight! Leo, welcome back! SoHappy you have great advice as well! Jeanie I get it about the binge factor. That's the last thing you want to have back in your life. Now, I want to address CherylB with some insight of my own.

CherylB I'm so sorry you are struggling with this WOE. Regarding my journal and stats, you didn't know that back in October before this WOE I was following low carb, had a huge setback and gained weight...going from 227.5 to 240 (which was my original weight when I started low carb). I restarted Dec 5 with JUDDD and had a huge loss in the first week, but we both know it was mostly water from my recent re-gain. I have also had two weeks where I lost nothing. If I can average 2lbs a week that would be amazing to me! Don't let my stats discourage you. However~ I don't think abandoning low carb completely is a good idea (for you or me), especially if it has worked for you in the past. My DD's are always ultra low-carb with as much protein as I can pack into it for under 500 calories. I feel eating this way helps me stay satiated more than any other way, including tons of veggies or low calorie rice cakes, etc. My UD's are a time to add something I feel I have missed, like a serving or two of rice or potatoes or pasta (Dreamfields) or a grilled cheese sandwich...know what I mean? I avoid sugar (well maybe not today, I might have birthday cake) and I almost never eat it. My problem with low carb came in the way of not being able to be "good" everyday, then feeling guilt and remorse, then giving up on any kind of plan, gaining weight and being generally miserable. I feel so fortunate that JUDDD is helping me. I'm not a binge eater, not to say I couldn't over eat, but I have always had a problem with portion control. Even low carb portions were too big and made it hard for me to lose weight for the sheer number of calories I was taking in. DD's are hard, no lie, but I find the strength somewhere to stay under 500. I tell myself I can eat tomorrow, and sometimes I go to bed because it's 8 pm and I'm too hungry to stay up. For me personally, it's a show of strength and faith in myself, it's helping to repair my lousy self-esteem. Maybe I'm mentally ill. But that's me. Finding what works for you, finding the best way to be healthy, that's what's important. Keep tweaking your DD meals until you find what works best for you. If you're waiting for the DD hunger to disappear, I don't think it will. Just keep doing something for you.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 01-11-2011 at 08:24 AM..
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #194
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Blonde. I haven't given up, and don't plan to. I'm tweaking! I hear you about regaining. I had gotten down to 179.2 on July 31, 2010. I was so happy and on my way! But I had a major blow to my overall plan for my future and I went into a sort of numb state. (It's a very long, involved story, but it has to do with finances, my house, etc.) I gained back over 30 of the 55 I'd lost. I never thought I would let such a thing happen, but I just didn't care. I just wanted to self-medicate. But that was then, and this is now. It's not the first time I've lost and regained, but I hope it will be the very last time I'm ever in the 200's.

Hi, Kel! Sounds like you've been here before. Welcome back!

Leo, I didn't realize we were practically neighbors! Nice to know we're toughing out this weather together. Home made soup and Cocooning sounds fantastic. I am pretty well stocked up here, so all I have to do it pick up my dog at the groomers in a few hours (just dropped her off for a very short clipping; better in the snow that beastly long and wild fur.) Then, I'll be running for cover. Sounds like a bad one. They gave it a name (Benedict) and that's never good!

Have fun today, ladies. I'm on a DD and I'm staying busy, as planned. Nothing but water so far. TTYL

Last edited by CherylB; 01-11-2011 at 08:59 AM..
Old 01-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

hi everyone.
It is so cold and snowing. I knew I should have went to store yesterday.
I still want to make cabage soup. Today is ud.
As you all know I restarted doing Judd{Sundayand as of today another 2lbs gone.{4 lbs gone. Pretty good for me.Now I have to stay off scale untill Sunday.
CherylB. Glad you are going to stayand try.We are all here to help.
Take care and u can do this.
Kind
Old 01-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #196
Big Yapper!

Luv you guys!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Vegetarian Moderate Carb~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Thanks, Blonde. I haven't given up, and don't plan to. I'm tweaking! I hear you about regaining. I had gotten down to 179.2 on July 31, 2010. I was so happy and on my way! But I had a major blow to my overall plan for my future and I went into a sort of numb state. (It's a very long, involved story, but it has to do with finances, my house, etc.) I gained back over 30 of the 55 I'd lost. I never thought I would let such a thing happen, but I just didn't care. I just wanted to self-medicate. But that was then, and this is now. It's not the first time I've lost and regained, but I hope it will be the very last time I'm ever in the 200's.

Hi, Kel! Sounds like you've been here before. Welcome back!

Leo, I didn't realize we were practically neighbors! Nice to know we're toughing out this weather together. Home made soup and Cocooning sounds fantastic. I am pretty well stocked up here, so all I have to do it pick up my dog at the groomers in a few hours (just dropped her off for a very short clipping; better in the snow that beastly long and wild fur.) Then, I'll be running for cover. Sounds like a bad one. They gave it a name (Benedict) and that's never good!

Have fun today, ladies. I'm on a DD and I'm staying busy, as planned. Nothing but water so far. TTYL
Good for you Cheryl!!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone

I too am getting ready for the snow. I am lucky that I do not have to work and can stay home with the kids. I too went shopping and made s huge pot of soup! We r all thinking alike.

Leo like u I would of still ate the dessert. I have s girlfriend who will order a dessert and eat one or two bites then poor the pepper shaker on it!! I do not think I could do that. I am glad u had some fun with family. It's great to get together.

Today is a dd for me and planning on a salad with veggies and hard boiled eggs. I really want to have a good up dY tomorrow. I shopped so I should be set.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Good for u getting back on track!! CBbage soup sound good. How do u make it??
Old 01-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

well its ud today. i just got thru with part one of my exercise. it was a blast. I got the xbox kinect. I am not very good but its fun and it gets my hart rate up. Well I hope you all are having a good day. I am going to see B.B. King tonight. It was a christmas gift from daughter and son in law. They are going to Kinda like a double date. We are having dinner to. So I had better go get part to of my exercising in.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Have fun Dasiey.
Kind.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

On the cabage soup> I do the recipe for the cabage soup diet.{ That is a great soup and very low in calaries.Plus you get in lots of veggs.and can eat that all day long and still be low for a dd. Today is a ud for me also.
janet
Old 01-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Have fun daisy.

Thanks Janet. I will google it
Old 01-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #204
Big Yapper!

Sounds great, Dasiey! You even make working out sound like fun. I don't know anything about that xbox kinect, but I'll bet it's great.

Kind, I did that cabbage soup diet in 1996, to try to squeeze into my wedding dress (which I ordered two sizes smaller than I was at the time! I know... very ballsy). And I can't stand that stuff anymore! It got to the point where I barely would eat a few spoonfuls each day, just to say I did.

Doing well so far today! Going to stop at one grocery store to pick up a few items, and then I'll be hunkered down til the storm has come and gone. I'm blessed that I never have to go out if I don't want or need to.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #205
Senior LCF member

Cheryl & Blonde-
You both may find that JUDDD really helps with having occasional carbs. When I did pure low carb, I found that I could not go above 20g of carbs a day--or hunger and bloat resulted. Since I've been on JUDDD, I've stayed low carb, but I've found that I have almost no reaction to occasional "indulgences." I really think that JUDDD has helped lessen my carb sensitivity.

There's something 'mysterious' about how this WOE helps in ways beyond just weight loss, but I've been very happy with all the effects I've experienced.

Sounds like a great evening, Dasiey--enjoy yourself!

Although I'm retired, I volunteer on Wednesdays for Literacy Volunteers at our local library. But the library is part of the school system, so if schools are closed tomorrow for the Big Snow, the library will also be closed, and I won't have to go to work. I feel like a kid hoping that school will be closed!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #206
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Guys.

Cheryl I didn't either but I saw the xbox on tv and just had to have
it kinect is so much fun. I was river rafting today. and playing dodge ball.
lol
Old 01-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Lol Leo!! My two kids r bouncing off the walls. If we get what they say u will be reading that book for a couple days
Old 01-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Cheryl & Blonde-
You both may find that JUDDD really helps with having occasional carbs. When I did pure low carb, I found that I could not go above 20g of carbs a day--or hunger and bloat resulted. Since I've been on JUDDD, I've stayed low carb, but I've found that I have almost no reaction to occasional "indulgences." I really think that JUDDD has helped lessen my carb sensitivity.

There's something 'mysterious' about how this WOE helps in ways beyond just weight loss, but I've been very happy with all the effects I've experienced.

Sounds like a great evening, Dasiey--enjoy yourself!

Although I'm retired, I volunteer on Wednesdays for Literacy Volunteers at our local library. But the library is part of the school system, so if schools are closed tomorrow for the Big Snow, the library will also be closed, and I won't have to go to work. I feel like a kid hoping that school will be closed!
Sometimes it really is fun to get a break from our normal routine, even if that routine is something we like to do.

Interesting to hear you speak of the changes you have witnessed in yourself, of your body's ability to process carbohydrate in a manner that I think is probably as Mother Nature intended for us. -- I think we 'break' ourselves under the assault of both over eating in quantity of any food group, and in bombarding our systems with too much carbohydrate, too often, and most of that too refined. A little would go a long way, but for so many of us it was daily, and even on a daily basis, a little wasn't enough!

It is encouraging to hear your observations. I enjoy my little indulgences on occasion.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #209
Big Yapper!

I hope you get your snow day, Leo! Dasiey, I'd love to go on that river rafting trip with you! Sounds like heaven.

Picked up the clean, short-haired dog and did my last minute shopping. She looks like she does in my Avi, again. The groomer was clipping 3 standard poodles and I got to see my dog right next to one of them. Mine is a mystery dog, but I can definitely see some poodle in her. I also topped-off the gas tank and filled the bird feeders.

Officially hunkered down, for the next 36 hours or so.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-11-2011 at 01:30 PM..
Old 01-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I hope you get your snow day, Leo! Dasiey, I'd love to go on that river rafting trip with you! Sounds like heaven.

Picked up the clean, short-haired dog and did my last minute shopping. She looks like she does in my Avi, again. The groomer was clipping 3 standard poodles and I got to see my dog right next to one of them. Mine is a mystery dog, but I can definitely see some poodle in her. I also topped-off the gas tank and filled the bird feeders.

Officially hunkered down, for the next 36 hours or so.
Know you'll stay warm and cozy! And now that you don't have to go out in it again, hope it's BEAUTIFUL!!! Some of those mornings after a big snow just take your breath away with the pristine beauty. Can you tell that I'm not a person who hates winter at all? For the most part, I enjoy it. All except sub-zero temps when the wind is blowing too! That's a bit too much.