Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vee716
Stats: 340high 297/173.3/150
WOE: WLS(1999) - low-carb
Start Date: September 5, 2003
Leo, down a pound is fantastic! Congrats! I'll be watching your maintenance trials with interest.

I'm debating how to structure my week. My MWF down days aren't working well, we have a standing pub night with friends on Fridays. Last week my schedule got off track because we had a birthday dinner on Monday night so I did down days Tuesday and Thursday but I can't do one today as Saturday is always date night with DH and we go out to eat. Tonight is even more so, as we got free tickets to a benefit dinner and get to go to a fancy dinner/dance tonight! The logical choice would be to put my down days on Sundays, Tuesday & Thursdays, but I just think Sundays are going to be too difficult. It's so much harder to stay on a down day while I'm home on the weekend.

I may just start tomorrow as if it's a down day and transition it to a medium day if I can't keep it down enough.

My blog - Find Your Own Weigh
vee716 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #572
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
That sounds like a reasonable plan, Valerie. Fortunately, I have a much less social schedule that permits me to keep DDs fairly stable

You might see how you do with just 2 DDs a week, and if it's not working well, perhaps you can do 3 UDs and 2 MDs (with the MDs depending on your social schedule).

Apart from "official" JUDDD, there seems to be a natural benefit in any type of calorie cycling, and you might be able to just create your own plan. Anything we do for weight loss has to be something we can live with.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tttmom
Stats: 7/30/14...166.6/165.1/125
Hi everyone! Just checking in. Congrats on your loss Leo! Hope you all have a wonderful day, and weekend!
tttmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #574
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Evening y'all!

Just stopping by to say HI to everyone!

Today's DD has gone pretty well, some hunger, but manageable.

Tomorrow is a MD and I'm hoping that the water weight from my UP overindulgence will be gone soon.

Have a wonderful evening!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #575
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning y'all,
I'm crawling in here hoping someone can talk me down off the ledge of despair and giving up.

I had a great DD yesterday and wasn't really all that hungry. I posted my last post in JUDDD about 8:30PM and settled in for the night. Last night when I wrote that post, I was headed for bed and my DD completed successfully.

Then about 10PM, my mind vacated my body and I started eating.
I don't know where it came from and I seemed helpless to stop it until I felt sick.

I have not cheated or binged since starting LC in Nov and I don't know where this came from or why. So now I'm questioning whether the DDs of JUDDD are just too restrictive for my addictive and binge tendencies.

I NEED to do a DD today if I'm going to continue JUDDD, but I don't want to set off another binge. I REALLY want to stay on JUDDD, but don't know how to handle this setback and I'm concerned about DDs causing more binge eating.

Anybody been where I am and can offer some help?

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 01-30-2011 at 07:01 AM..
Old 01-30-2011, 07:14 AM   #576
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post
Morning y'all,

Last night when I wrote that post, I was headed for bed and my DD completed successfully.

Then about 10PM, my mind vacated my body and I started eating.
I don't know where it came from and I seemed helpless to stop it until I felt sick.

So, now I'm sitting here on what was supposed to be a MD and I'm up on the scale 5 pounds from Wednesday and 2 1/2 pounds from last Sunday's weigh in.

I have not "cheated" or binged since starting LC in November and I'm really shocked and dismayed and feel like giving up JUDDD. Maybe the DDs are too restrictive for me? I dunno.

Any words of wisdom to help me?

Thanks in advance.
You know, JUDDD is about calorie restriction not just for weight loss but also for the activation of the skinny gene, blah, blah, blah....

But, since you have seemed to do so well with it to this point, I think this is maybe a good moment to stop and ask yourself:

* Do you really believe in this plan for it's health benefits?
* Do you believe in this plan for its ability to promote weight loss?
* Do you want to be able to do this plan?
* Do you think it would be a 'travesty' if you didn't go as low as 500 calories on Down Days for awhile?
* If you did 700 or 800 or 1,000 calorie DDs for awhile, do you think that could get you over this hump, while still keeping your calories on DDs 'low'... especially compared to normal diet plans
* If you got yourself back on track this way, could you work yourself back down to the more restrictive fasting calorie level?

I'd say it is just a matter of really thinking it all through and deciding to continue. In one way or another, to make the program conform to what you are needing it to be right now. That's one of the beautiful things about this plan to my way of thinking.

Nowhere is it written that you have to do a plan exactly and perfectly or all will be lost and the world will end. Personally, I think you are just going through a little tough patch which can be overcome.

But here's the truth. No matter what the plan for health and weight loss is, there are people who just come to hate it for whatever the restrictions are that they finally find they just can't endure another day! I hope this isn't what has happened for you, but if it is, the most important thing is for you to be caring for your health and your weight loss.

I look forward to your posts with such happiness and enjoy them so much that I selfishly hope you won't quit. Personally, I think you just had a 'cheat' and you'll be able to get back on track and mostly stay there again without too much effort.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #577
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
You know, JUDDD is about calorie restriction not just for weight loss but also for the activation of the skinny gene, blah, blah, blah....

But, since you have seemed to do so well with it to this point, I think this is maybe a good moment to stop and ask yourself:

* Do you really believe in this plan for it's health benefits?
* Do you believe in this plan for its ability to promote weight loss?
* Do you want to be able to do this plan?
* Do you think it would be a 'travesty' if you didn't go as low as 500 calories on Down Days for awhile?
* If you did 700 or 800 or 1,000 calorie DDs for awhile, do you think that could get you over this hump, while still keeping your calories on DDs 'low'... especially compared to normal diet plans
* If you got yourself back on track this way, could you work yourself back down to the more restrictive fasting calorie level?

I'd say it is just a matter of really thinking it all through and deciding to continue. In one way or another, to make the program conform to what you are needing it to be right now. That's one of the beautiful things about this plan to my way of thinking.

Nowhere is it written that you have to do a plan exactly and perfectly or all will be lost and the world will end. Personally, I think you are just going through a little tough patch which can be overcome.

But here's the truth. No matter what the plan for health and weight loss is, there are people who just come to hate it for whatever the restrictions are that they finally find they just can't endure another day! I hope this isn't what has happened for you, but if it is, the most important thing is for you to be caring for your health and your weight loss.

I look forward to your posts with such happiness and enjoy them so much that I selfishly hope you won't quit. Personally, I think you just had a 'cheat' and you'll be able to get back on track and mostly stay there again without too much effort.
Thank you SoHappy!

I really appreciate you helping me work through this.

I believe in JUDDD and want to stay with it. I'm willing to do whatever it takes, but I say that and then cannot fathom what happened from 830PM when all was well to 10PM when a binge tornado hit me. YIKES! There was no trigger, no real gnawing hunger, no emotional anything. That's why I'm concerned that somewhere I view the DDs as too restrictive.

In the main lobby, someone responded to someone's post boasting about "cheating" as having a "carb temper tantrum."

So yeah, I'm up for the challenge and determined to keep going, but I am concerned.

My plan today is a clean DD of 500 calories and I see myself as having a re-start of JUDDD because I overindulged calorie-wise (but not carbs) on my last UP day and then on my DD, had a full-out binge.

The funny thing is, I really don't have a big problem with the 500 calories (in my right mind that is ) and have been pretty successful with them.

I believe I'll add more "chewing" food on my DDs and see if that helps satisfy my needs. I'm happy with the shakes, I love them, but perhaps they are not filling the other voids. I dunno, I am really at a loss because I don't get this whole thing of why it happened. But I am determined to push through it.

Thanks again for letting me vent and helping me. I appreciate you so much!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:19 AM   #578
Senior LCF member

RealFood-
You got great advice from SoHappy, but I want to give you some info from the JUDDD perspective. I'm assuming from your post that you've had binge problems in the past. If so, that's bad news.

We have had quite a few people doing JUDDD who were really happy and successful on the plan until suddenly their past binge tendencies surfaced. I don't want to share any names, but I know at least one person who still reads our thread, and I hope she'll contact you with advice--either here or via PM.

All of these people eventually left JUDDD--and reluctantly. There's something about this plan that ignites binge tendencies in anyone who has any problems in that area. I'm sharing this with you not to be negative or discouraging but to let you know that this may be an issue that is beyond your control, as others have discovered.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:22 AM   #579

Quote:
Thank you SoHappy!

I really appreciate you helping me work through this.

I believe in JUDDD and want to stay with it. I'm willing to do whatever it takes, but I say that and then cannot fathom what happened from 830PM when all was well to 10PM when a binge tornado hit me. YIKES! There was no trigger, no real gnawing hunger, no emotional anything. That's why I'm concerned that somewhere I view the DDs as too restrictive.

In the main lobby, someone responded to someone's post boasting about "cheating" as having a "carb temper tantrum."

So yeah, I'm up for the challenge and determined to keep going, but I am concerned.

My plan today is a clean DD of 500 calories and I see myself as having a re-start of JUDDD because I overindulged calorie-wise (but not carbs) on my last UP day and then on my DD, had a full-out binge.

The funny thing is, I really don't have a big problem with the 500 calories (in my right mind that is ) and have been pretty successful with them.

I believe I'll add more "chewing" food on my DDs and see if that helps satisfy my needs. I'm happy with the shakes, I love them, but perhaps they are not filling the other voids. I dunno, I am really at a loss because I don't get this whole thing of why it happened. But I am determined to push through it.

Thanks again for letting me vent and helping me. I appreciate you so much!

That's a funny way to put it, but it kinda' feels like there might be a bit of truth to it, doesn't it.

You know, I think you have already put your finger on some areas that might make your Down Days a bit tougher than those some of the rest of us enjoy.

You are being restrictive with yourself TO THE EXTREME!

So while JUDDD requires that you restrict your calories to the 500 or below, but can eat from any foods in the world at that low level.. your choice.. you have also told yourself that you will also restrict yourself by making your plan low carb as well! So there goes a lot of 'stuff' that can help keep you a bit fuller and feeling like you are being fed, and perhaps ward of this *Great Rebellion* your brain staged! LOL

OK, fair and good.

So you've restricted calories as a whole, and you've restricted yourself from almost anything that is even low carb.

AND THEN, you've restricted yourself from being able to even chew on much of anything! You basically drink a bit of fluid and call it finished.

I actually think that your 'brain' finally just got tired of doing that DD after DD, and decided to EAT something. (Just went overboard a bit there. LOL)

Maybe if you'd just pick even one of these things to ease back on for awhile, your trial and tribulation with this would fade away.

That's why I think the JUDDD Menu thread is the important one. 'Visiting' is all well and good, but helping each other with DD eating problems and food choices, reading for good ideas and menus, etc. is what I find important.

In fact, I'm going to go back through the JUDDD Menu thread for a couple of good ideas I want to think more on.

Anyway, I'll post my own DD foods for today after a bit.. I haven't even figured it all out yet. I'm still on mugs of my favorite hot tea.

Hope you're encouraged and doing well today! I'll be over on the Menu thread, reading and posting. LOL (And hopefully clean my house a bit today too.) :-)
Old 01-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #580
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
RealFood-
You got great advice from SoHappy, but I want to give you some info from the JUDDD perspective. I'm assuming from your post that you've had binge problems in the past. If so, that's bad news.

We have had quite a few people doing JUDDD who were really happy and successful on the plan until suddenly their past binge tendencies surfaced. I don't want to share any names, but I know at least one person who still reads our thread, and I hope she'll contact you with advice--either here or via PM.

All of these people eventually left JUDDD--and reluctantly. There's something about this plan that ignites binge tendencies in anyone who has any problems in that area. I'm sharing this with you not to be negative or discouraging but to let you know that this may be an issue that is beyond your control, as others have discovered.
Thank you Leo. I appreciate your frankness. That is exactly my concern, for yes, I have a binge tendency and have struggled all my life with binge eating.

I don't want to stop JUDDD, that much I know, so I'm willing to do anything to keep going.

Thank you for your reply and I too hope those who have been there and understand the situation can offer some help.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #581
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SoHappy,

Thank you! You've raised some good points for me to ponder.

Let me just say why I do what I do and why I see it as what I need. I'm not trying to argue, but only to share why I have tailored my JUDDD this way.

Carbs:
I have Type 2 Diabetes among other health issues, and I believe, for me, that low carb is essential. I base this on Dr. Bernstein's diabetes studies and he allows 30 gms of carbs per day, period, divided into 6 carbs, 12 carbs and 12 carbs. For me, I know that low carb is the only way I can lose weight and keep my disease controlled. Believe me, I have tried other ways. So that is why on my DDs I keep the carbs at Atkins Induction level (20g) and on my UP days, I shoot for 30g. I have gone over those, but overall, that is my rationale for restricting carbs.

You know that thread in the Main Lobby where the Atkins' nurse stated that post-menopausal women usually need to lower their carbs to Induction level to lose weight? Many of us have replied that we have found (through experience) this to be true. I have.

Shakes:
I love my shakes! I adore them. They satisfy me. They are healthy and filling. If I could live on them, I would! I don't (in my right mind) miss chewing at all if I can have my shakes. I am sad when the pitcher is empty! Drinking my shakes is not a sacrifice or restriction to me at all. HOWEVER, it may trigger my binge tendencies and for that I am concerned.

Chewing:
I usually have a package of shirataki noodles (7 ounces) in soup with some spinach every DD, so I am getting quite a bit of chewing satisfaction. I am out of the noodles though and didn't have them yesterday (for the 1st time since I've been on JUDDD), so that may be a factor in my binge.

I am willing to do what I need to to stay on JUDDD and be successful, so I am open to any suggestions that I could try and I truly appreciate you walking through this and helping me sort this out.

Today, though, I am experiencing nausea from my binge and I cannot think of eating anything. I just want to drink my shakes and chicken broth to settle my tummy.

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 01-30-2011 at 09:11 AM..
Old 01-30-2011, 09:17 AM   #582

Oh, Hun. I'm sorry about the icky tummy. Yeah, just eat/drink what appeals today. Hope you are feeling completely chipper by the end of the day or in the morning!

If you love your shakes THAT MUCH I think you should certainly continue having them form the bulk of your DDs and build your consumption around them. I think it's important to be happy with how we eat and what we get to enjoy on our DDs. Since they aren't expected to be 'parties' they should at least be as comfortable and comforting to us as possible. If the shakes are it for you, I'd be keeping them for sure!

And as to the carbs you are keeping to, being type 2 certainly changes the issue, although even not being T2 severely limits DD carbs anyway, just because the higher ones are also much higher in calories. So I'm much lower in carbs on DDs too, even though I'm not diabetic.

You know too, maybe you just experienced a *carb temper tantrum* incident for yourself last night and it won't repeat, is something you can always be on the lookout against, and perhaps make some contingency plan for in the future.

Like forcing a run away car over to the side of the road, you could force the run away compulsion to the side of the road and halt it at a MD, even though the DD went a bit too far. You could get it halted and brought to a close with an emergency plan.

Just some more food for thought. Many hugs. And feel better.

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-30-2011 at 09:19 AM..
Old 01-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #583
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
happy sunday juddders. I read all with interest

Realfood, if binge eating only occurs rarely don't sweat it
it has happened to me. I just do a dd and move on.
Because I have to except the things I can not change.
once done it is done.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #584
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
Thank you Dasiey.
She is my little bit.Boy I loved having my kids, but I think there is Nothing to out top being a Grandma.
Again Thanks.
Kind.
you are welcome. i know what you mean my grandaughter is 18 mts.
now what a joy. she is grandmas girl for sure.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #585
Blabbermouth!!!

Leo congrats on your loss....

WTG
Old 01-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #586
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you ladies, I appreciate the feedback and support so much, I cannot adequately express it. I don't know any of you in real life, but you all have blessed me so much via this board and thread.

Thank you!

I'm going to keep going! Today's DD is going well, my tummy is just upset enough to keep me from wanting to eat much. So, that's a good thing!

I've had some of my beloved protein shakes, LOL, and just finished a mug of yummy warm herbal tea with stevia.

How is everyone doing today?
Old 01-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #587
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Eatin clean@ using the Nutri Bullet
Start Date: .Aug. 2012
Hi every one.
Just been cleaning and doing wash.
My floor steamer went out so A new one. Thinking of getting the shark steam and vac. Daughter has and loves hers.{ I just had the shark stick kind.
All well on this end. {Realfood you will be fine.There are so many nice ladies who will help when they can.Just take care of yourself and learn a healthy way in foods.and in mind. take care.
I like shakes to and I like to fresh juice fruits and veggs. Have not done eighter in while but might have to start.
Do u make your shakes{fresh? I like mine nice and thick.
Have a great new week.
kind
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #588
Senior LCF member

I envy you all your ability to use shakes! While I love them, somehow my body does not register liquids as food--so I'll have one for a meal, and then my body is looking for food!

So I've had to give them up for the 'chew' stuff that my body seems to want.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening y'all!! (Yes, I live in the South)

Kind: I make my protein shakes by the pitcher and drink them all in one day. 8 cups. I don't use fruits right now, but that sure sounds good!

Leo: I hear you! For the longest time I had the same reaction. It wasn't until my re-start in November that I came up with the recipe I use now and found that it helped me personally. Some days it doesn't and I have to have another after about an hour.

I'm introducing different foods into my LC diet, things like chia seeds, and hemp protein. Whoo hoooo!

I'm glad this day is over, whew! Not so much for the hunger, but just feeling out of sorts because of the binge last night. I am very humbled and acutely aware of my own frailty where before I was just breezing along kinda full of myself for not messing up for 3 months.

I'm so glad to have it behind me and move ONWARD! YAY!
Old 01-30-2011, 05:41 PM   #590
Blabbermouth!!!

yes keep looking forward..

tomorrow tomorrow we can eat tomorrow. remember tomorrow is just a day away
Old 01-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #591
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
yes keep looking forward..

tomorrow tomorrow we can eat tomorrow. remember tomorrow is just a day away
HAHAHAHHH! Yes, Daisey!! Are you having an UP day tomorrow?
Old 01-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #592
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Hi everyone. I feel like I've been a little out of the loop but wanted to check in.

RealFoodLiving, I have done exactly what you describe on a dd myself..go all day long cruising along and then blow it at basically bedtime. I find that shakes are my first choice for my dd's. I always find it interesting how some of us prefer to have shakes and others need to chew their dd calories. I find the shakes are the easiest for me. Today I ended up having an Atkins meal replacement bar with some cream cheese, then got on the phone with my sister and talked for 2 hours and by the time we got off I realized I didn't need anything else so now it's bedtime and I'm done. Just this past week I made the decision to take my eating back to low carb because I have a very strong family history of diabetes. I had 3 days of UD's low carb to get my body past the cravings and today got up feeling ready for a dd. It's been an easy one which was a relief because I've had some knuckle biting ones.

So, I'm so happy with my successful dd and excited to be back on track myself! It's very helpful to me and such a blessing to have others that I can share this with! Thanks to all of you!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:40 AM   #593
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vee716
Stats: 340high 297/173.3/150
WOE: WLS(1999) - low-carb
Start Date: September 5, 2003
Good morning, JUDDD'ers!

I just wanted to thank you all for your support and companionship over this past month, but I think I'm going to step away from the thread for a bit. I'm having a few difficulties sticking with my plan lately. I did some journalling about the issue and I think I'm subconsciously trying to be more JUDDD-like rather than sticking with the calorie cycling I was doing before. And I think that's triggering me. So, I'm going to see if stepping away from the JUDDD discussions will help make it easier to stick with what was working earlier for me in November/December 2010.

And I know you all know that this is *me*, not your wonderful support or JUDDD. I think it's just that JUDDD isn't for me right now and I'm not strong enough in what I was doing to stay with my plan instead of subconsciously trying to make my plan more like JUDDD.

I love the comraderie and support here, so I'm disappointed to think that this might be the best solution for me, and it might not work, so I might be back, but if not, I hope you all do really well, and I hope you don't mind if I pop my head in occasionally just to see how you are all doing and say hi!
vee716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:56 AM   #594

Quote:
Originally Posted by vee716 View Post
Good morning, JUDDD'ers!

I just wanted to thank you all for your support and companionship over this past month, but I think I'm going to step away from the thread for a bit. I'm having a few difficulties sticking with my plan lately. I did some journalling about the issue and I think I'm subconsciously trying to be more JUDDD-like rather than sticking with the calorie cycling I was doing before. And I think that's triggering me. So, I'm going to see if stepping away from the JUDDD discussions will help make it easier to stick with what was working earlier for me in November/December 2010.

And I know you all know that this is *me*, not your wonderful support or JUDDD. I think it's just that JUDDD isn't for me right now and I'm not strong enough in what I was doing to stay with my plan instead of subconsciously trying to make my plan more like JUDDD.

I love the comraderie and support here, so I'm disappointed to think that this might be the best solution for me, and it might not work, so I might be back, but if not, I hope you all do really well, and I hope you don't mind if I pop my head in occasionally just to see how you are all doing and say hi!
I'm just new enough here that I don't know what your previous calorie cycling plan is, or how it differs from the JUDDD plan. I can understand if it differs from JUDDD and then you are also twisting it up with the JUDDD too, and then it's become all confused.

Much good luck with your future weight and health care measures, and please do stop in to visit occasionally. You will be missed here.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:25 AM   #595
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning JUDDDers!! How is everyone this fine Monday morn?

Leisha: Good to see you again! Your plan sounds great and I'm glad you got over the carb cravings. That was a good idea! As a T2 Diabetic, I feel SO much better on Low Carb, it's like night and day.

Valerie: Awww, I'm sorry to see you go, but you have to do what's best for you!! We'd be happy to see you pop in here and say HI!! We will miss you!

Today, after my weigh in this morning (after a DD yesterday), my weight is good overall, down 2 pounds for the week. I should have weighed Sunday, but the schedule was messed up due to the binge, so todays WI will suffice.

Today is an MD for me, (1,000 cals and 30 carbs) to keep on track and then tomorrow is a DD. I think that should re-set me so I can go back to my regular JUDDD schedule. That's my plan at least.

I just started using chia seeds. Anyone use them?

How are y'all doing today? Let's post our menus in the JUDDD menu thread!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:27 AM   #596
Senior LCF member

Valerie-
If you're doing another form of calorie cycling, you might want to visit with us from time to time. I think we're the only group on LCF that's doing a form of calorie cycling, so we will have something in common.

I just wrote this morning on one of the Main Lobby threads that IMO everyone has to find the WOE that works best for that person. To me, that's the key to successful weight loss and maintenance, finding something you can live with.

Just keep in mind that you're always welcome
Old 01-31-2011, 09:18 AM   #597
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
HAHAHAHHH! Yes, Daisey!! Are you having an UP day tomorrow?
no that was for you all. today is my dd
Old 01-31-2011, 10:59 AM   #598
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: enlowb
Stats: 190 -180- goal 130
WOE: HCG - R1P2
Start Date: March 29, 2011
Leo, It looks like you are a seasoned veteran at this...very impressive stats. I just started eating LC the beginning of this year and love it besides the fruit aspect. I have added fruit in though I know it is not acceptable yet, but couldn't stand it any longer. Please enlighten me a little on how JUDDD gives better results than Atkins?
enlowb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:20 PM   #599
Senior LCF member

enlowb-
I can only speak to my own situation. It wasn't just a matter of 'better results,' it was necessary for me. I only lost my last 90 lbs via JUDDD, and the problem for me was that given my age (69) and medical condition (hypothyroid), along with a genetically slow metabolism, I could not lose after a point unless I drastically restricted calories.

When I first began this journey at 300+, I was able to eat generic low carb at about 1200 cal daily and lose slowly. But after the first 90 lbs, I had to lower my calorie level to <1000 cal daily, and that was just too frustrating, and I often went over. So for almost a year, I lost and gained the same 10 lbs! Then I discovered JUDDD via these boards, and I was able to restrict calories as I needed to via the DD/UD system.

There are reports from some that calorie cycling in general will give 'better results' than eating the same number each day, but, for me, the value in JUDDD is being able to keep my calories as low as I need to without too much 'pain.' If I could lose or maintain eating the same each day, I'd prefer to do that, but I can't.

I should mention that my endo thinks that JUDDD is great--because he has many patients in my situation and knows the difficulty of limiting calories as we must do. He's been my biggest cheerleader, and since he monitors me, we know that there are no physical deficits to JUDDD--it's been all good news.

Last edited by Leo41; 01-31-2011 at 12:22 PM..
Old 01-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #600
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: magentagirl13
Stats: 176.5/174/128.5
WOE: low carb JUDDD and IF (8 eating hours)
Start Date: 4/22/06; restarting 3/1/13
Hi everyone! Well, I restarted induction today, as well as Fast 5, and I guess today will be an MD. I'm absolutely stuffed, but I think it's a bit low calorie to call it a UD.

Anyway, I've been having a rough time of it these past few weeks but I'm feeling pretty good today, and I'm going to take it one day at a time.

Carrollee
magentagirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote