Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 02:57 AM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Kind. One day at a time!!

I am not happy.... More snow is coming.... My parents called me yesterday from the beaches of Hawaii. Oh i am so jealous!!

Leo that's great u got out today because here we go again!! Snow!

Real WTg on your dd. I to have had some whit knuckle ones.. U r doing really well!!

Last edited by JKat; 01-26-2011 at 03:04 AM..
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2011, 04:18 AM   #512
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Jodi- Yeah, this is some winter for snow! I thought it wasn't supposed to start until late this afternoon, and this morning, they're saying it might be much 'earlier' in the day.

It's a good thing I retired because I had to drive over a mountain when I was working--and I had some really bad experiences in snow and ice. This winter would have been horrid.

DD today and I'm really not 'feeling' it. Perhaps it's the weather, but I just seem to want to eat. However, I know better because JUDDD got me here, and I'm relying on JUDDD to keep me here!
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:32 AM   #513
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
You folks on the east coast seem to have received the worst of this winter's snows so far this year. Sorry to hear there is more to come. So far in Iowa, we haven't had too bad of a winter at all. Of course, it's not even the end of January. Plenty of time for some really good storms if they're in the cards.

A DD for me today. Everything's planned out and most of the food is prepared, so I should be good to go.

This morning's weigh-in is the Wednesday morning weekly rite of writing it down on the calendar. I obviously shed a lot of water weight as the scale read a loss of 3.8 pounds from last Wed. morning. Some weeks more.. some weeks less. As long as the scale bounces downward overall.

Hope you all have a great day.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:52 AM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
SOHAPPY!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!! That's AWESOME!!
Whooo hooooo!

JKat and Leo:
You all are really getting the brunt of these snow storms! My friend who lives in Upstate NY and gets Lake Effect snow has been bombarded with snow. We've gotten more than our norm for this area, but certainly nowhere near what y'all are getting. I pray you both stay safe and warm!

Today is an UP day and I'm planning my meals for today. I am also planning my exercise for the first time in many, many months. I'll get on the Gazelle and try to go 15 minutes at a good clip. I don't want to overdo and throw myself into a Fibro flare, but I need to get going on exercise 3 x per week.

Have a great day y'all!!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:57 AM   #515
Senior LCF member

SoHappy- That's an amazing loss for a week! I rarely see more than a pound.

RealFood- I have a gazelle--and 15 min. is great. I kind of get bored after 10, but it's in my spare room with no TV. I need better distraction to keep me on it longer.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:02 AM   #516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Leo!

I like to Gazelle to music, or I get bored too. Do you use yours on your off-gym days or when you cannot get out?
Old 01-26-2011, 06:37 AM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vee716
Stats: 340high 297/173.3/150
WOE: WLS(1999) - low-carb
Start Date: September 5, 2003
Good morning, everyone!

Winter has been tough this year for us, too. I'm in the Toronto, Canada area and we've had a fair bit of snow, though actually not as much as most of the Northeastern US. I'm even luckier in that I live less than a half a mile from Lake Ontario, so I get lake effect from the water, but a lake effect of the lessening of the snow instead of extra snow. Where I am, we often get much less snow than people even 5+ miles north of us get.

Which doesn't stop me from complaining about the snow, though. I'm a summer person, as long as there is some airconditioning available I can cool down from too much heat. In the bad winters, I never seem to warm up sufficiently no matter what.

I had a great down day yesterday, very much "spot on".

I'm trying to figure out what to do now. I like my MWF down days, but I'm all messed up and I won't bore you with the details as to why, but if I don't do back to back down days this week, then I won't get in 3 down days for the week. I know it's far less than ideal, but I may just try it and see how it goes.

My blog - Find Your Own Weigh
vee716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:54 AM   #518
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Valerie. When we need to we throw in a md Mine are 900 calories. others are more or less. Dr. J does not like us to do back to back dds.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:56 AM   #519
Blabbermouth!!!

I really don't want to talk about the weather it just seems to go on and on.
And it has been so cold and twice as much snow as normal for my area. blah
blah blah
Old 01-26-2011, 07:04 AM   #520
Senior LCF member

Valerie-
Affirming what dasiey told you, the plan 'frowns' on back-to-back DDs. It's not good for your metabolism or for the way the system is supposed to work. There's no 'magic' to 3 DDs. As dasiey mentioned, when we need to, we can put in a MD--my own is 800-1000 cal--to get back on our regular alternation.

RealFood-

I bought the gazelle for when I was only swimming as an alternative form of exercise. Now that I'm also doing strength work, I don't use the gazelle as much, but definitely if I can't get to the gym--or on weekends when I feel like being lazy and just want to do "a little something." I have an AbLounger, too, and I want to use that more because it's easy and really effective.

It's hard to fit in all this activity when I so much prefer to vegetate:blush:
Old 01-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #521
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tttmom
Stats: 7/30/14...166.6/164.8/125
WOE: Whole30 as of 8/27/14
Good morning everyone! Today's supposed to be a DD for me, but my step mom is taking me and my youngest son to lunch today, so it may end up being a md today.
I know what you mean about all the snow. We had it all last year. It snowed from Sept thru May. It even snowed once in August. We had 10 months of winter last year Sorry it's happening to you this time. I know you don't want to hear this, but it has been unseasonably warm here this year, warmer than I've ever seen it for January.
Have a great day everyone, and try to stay warm!
tttmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:51 AM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
SoHappy - wow wow wow! I'm "so happy" for you!

I'm very inspired by all your reports of exercising. I hate to exercise and just wish I would get over that already. I mean, after all these years I KNOW I need to do it, but waah waah waah I don't wanna.

It's snowing now here, too. I haven't seen anything but white outside since early December. We have very gray skies in Western PA all winter long so it has been so so dreary. I have been in a surprisingly good mood though and must credit JUDDD for doing something to keep me so chipper during these dreary days. I might not be able to stand myself once we get to South Carolna and (hopefully) see some sun!

DD for me today. So far I have had only coffee. I really do like to have a breakfast in the a.m. since I do tend to do better with frequent, small meals no matter what plan I follow. Oh well, it's still morning!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Donna
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #523
Blabbermouth!!!

Go ahead Vicki rub it in........
lol
Old 01-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #524
Blabbermouth!!!

Realfood I am doing gr8...
You all know that I started fast 5
along with Juddd. Well I started noticing
I am not getting hungry on my dds. Until
its time to eat.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Sorry Dasiey...lol But believe me... I know how awful it is to be snowed in all the time. It's usually that way here, we just got a lucky break this year so far.
Anyway, yes, I'm feeling the same today, on my DD. Not hungry at all! Yay!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Afternoon all you JUDDDers!! I hope you all are well, warm and dry

I have a really weird situation.

The other day on my DD, I could have eaten paint I was so hungry! But, thank G-d, I made it through.

Today, a few days later, I am on an UP day and I have almost NO appetite! Now, usually that's a good thing for me, but I'm struggling to get enough calories to make it a good UP day. I'm shooting for 1500 and <30 carbs, but I'm not even hitting 1,000 and I'm stuffed.

I don't like to eat when I'm not hungry, it defeats my purposes in beating this food addiction.

What do y'all do? Do you force the calories in, or just not worry?

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 01-26-2011 at 12:56 PM..
Old 01-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #527
Blabbermouth!!!

Realfood Well Its still kinda early in the day. But I would try real hard to get my calories in. You might be real hungry on your dd if you don't.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #528
Senior LCF member

RealFood- I can't relate to you because I never lose my appetite

But I would never advise 'forcing' food to attain some arbitrary number. You seen to have enough calories to consider it a MD, and then you can do whatever is next tomorrow--DD or UD.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Sorry Realfood I like Leo have never lost my appetite. U can try some peanut butter. High in calories for very little
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #530
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
hi every one.
Today I did a md which came out to 640cals. . Iate a new fruit .{ applepear. I thought was good.
Im trying Not to get on scale until Sunday.
Oh. if any of you go to store take a look at Parents Mag. on sale now. On page 16 my Grand daughter is in there. She is reading Mag.[Face book Jenny kay.}is her MOm whom sent it in.
I love being a Grandma. what a joy she is.
kind.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:59 AM   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFoodLiving View Post

I have a really weird situation.

I am on an UP day and I have almost NO appetite!
What do y'all do? Do you force the calories in, or just not worry?
RFL, this is funny because I also had this situation, one time, and recently. Maybe a bug is going around.

I wanted to get my UD calories in, partly for the calorie disparity 'bounce' that is to stimulate my body in this JUDDD plan, and a lot to have something to go on the next day for a successful DD.

I came up to about 100 calories of the lower of my two 'daily calorie needs' figures and called it close enough. I rarely do a MD, so decided this would be one of those days to not be quite fully a DD or an UD. A high MD. LOL It didn't cause me a problem.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:05 AM   #532

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
hi every one.
Today I did a md which came out to 640cals. . Iate a new fruit .{ applepear. I thought was good.
Im trying Not to get on scale until Sunday.
Oh. if any of you go to store take a look at Parents Mag. on sale now. On page 16 my Grand daughter is in there. She is reading Mag.[Face book Jenny kay.}is her MOm whom sent it in.
I love being a Grandma. what a joy she is.
kind.
kind, I'll be on the lookout for this new fruit in my store. I sounds delicious. I love apples and eat them often, and I love the flavor of pears but not their 'grainy' texture so much. So... what is the texture of the applepear? Hoping for a flavor cross but with an apples texture and crispiness.

I'll definitely be on the lookout for the new Parents Magazine and take a peek at your dear Granddaughter. What fun. I love being a Grandma too. Isn't it the most fun?!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:13 AM   #533

Good Morning, Everyone.

An UD for me today, so it will be nice to just be able to relax a bit today. Usually I get everything planned out on ****** the evening before, but I don't know if I'm going to follow much of a plan for my meals today.. I can't even think far enough in advance to figure out what I might fix for supper. Guess I need to wake up a bit more.

Off to fix coffee! Have a good day, fellow JUDDDers.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:01 AM   #534
Major LCF Poster!

What you guys call MDs are often lower than my DDs! I'm really doing a relaxed version of JUDDD.

I'm doing okay this morning. I'd been trying to have a down (diet) day yesterday, but it didn't take. I wasn't worried about doing back to back DDs because my DDs are usually 1000 calories, more like MDs to you guys, but even so, another lesson - no back to back down days. I ended up eating more than if I'd just done my normal maintenance (up) day!

And that's okay, because I'll have a down day today. The scale has been hitting the number 170 lately, 170.1 yesterday, 170.3 today. I'm hoping, crossing my fingers, to see a 169 tomorrow! I haven't seen the 160s since 2009!

Not that it matters if it's tomorrow, if it isn't, it will be next week. I can't remember what brought up the thought this morning, but it hit me that as long as I don't stop trying, I will get there eventually. I've been focused since November, as long as I keep that focus, I *will* get there, even if it's slower than I want.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:38 AM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everybody! Finally got out of the 160's!!! I weighed in at 159.5 this morning, so we'll see if it sticks, or goes lower by Wed weigh in day.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, a new decade of weight is always so exciting! Congrats, Vicki!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning everyone!! Happy JUDDD day!!! (whichever one you're on!)

THANK YOU everyone for your advice yesterday. I did make it to an UP day of 1200 cals and 36 carbs and didn't force it. Today is a DD and I'm looking forward to it.

The one thing I am concerned about with my weird loss of appetite, which is VERY weird for me, because, like some of you, I NEVER lose my appetite. Never. If anything it increases when I'm sick, tired, stressed, everything.

So, I am hoping and praying that my thyroid function isn't slowing down by my sudden decrease in cals and carbs on JUDDD. I do take medication, but I am feeling more tired and "down" lately. We'll see though. I'm supposed to see my Endo soon.

Anyway,thank you ALL for responding to me, this is a wonderful group!!

Jodi, Leo, Daisey, Donna: Saying HI!! How's your day going?

Kind: How awesome that your granddaughter is in the magazine!! Wooot!! I am not a grandma yet, (my kids won't co-operate!), but cannot wait to be one. Mazel Tov on your granddaughter!

Vicki:
WOWEE!!! A new decade!! How awesome girl!!

Valerie: You have a really good attitude about it. And relaxed is good if it works for you!

SoHappy: I love your posts, so upbeat and encouraging and HAPPY!

I hope everyone has an AWESOME day!!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:19 AM   #538
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi guys
Kind my daughter eats those apple pears
she loves them.

I am having a dd today.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:22 AM   #539

Valerie, I can certainly understand your completely relaxed attitude about your eating, your calorie levels, and your weight. While some are in a hurry to 'get there', and that's just fine, there are others who just see their daily diets as the everyday stuff that life is made of. They will eat appropriate amounts of food, calories, hopefully in mostly healthful foods (LOL) and as the result, eventually the appropriate calories will bring about a body of appropriate size. Nothing wrong with this way of going about it at all, and often a whole lot easier than the fighting tooth and nail to get there that a lot of us do.

It sounds like you're just on the edge of going down into the 160s very, very shortly. Good for you!

tttmom, YAY for you! Woo Hoo. Getting into a new weight 'decade' level is always exciting and so encouraging. I know you're feeling wonderful about it. I'm very happy for you.

REL and Dasiey, good luck today on your DDs. Hope they are very successful and rewarding when your scale proves that you're doing a good job!

Leo, hope you are well today and staying cozy. Just keep thinking, "Spring is just around the corner. Spring is just around the corner."......
Old 01-27-2011, 09:43 AM   #540
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi every one. and that means all of you. We are getting so many here and talking, it will take forever for me to write each one of you.ha.
Daisey. those applepears are good. and 1oo cals. which isnt to bad.
I love looking at that ticker with weight numbers, wish i knew how to do that.Thats my goal to weight 120lbs this year at least thats my high end what i should weigh. But I will be happy with that. really the best weight for me is 105 -But Im going by how I feel. but lets get me to doing 1 day at a time.
take care all.
kind
Today is dd.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote