Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #481
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
RealFood- I hope you're feeling better soon! Your comment reminded me that when I was taking Mobic, my water retention became such a problem that my primary gave me a diuretic because the excess water was affecting my blood pressure! I think water retention is an issue with all NSAIDs.
Thank you Leo, I appreciate the post. I am feeling MUCH better. YAY!

Yes, I have the same problem with NSAIDS, especially Mobic, and I don't know why it didn't click in relation to my weight gain today. But I am on a low dose diuretic (for BP) every day and I do drink quite a bit, so I think the gain will be short-lived.
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Hi everyone...

I am sorry I have not been around. I tried posting yesterday while my uncle was in the emergency room and lost 2 very long posts to everyone!! To say the least it was a very crazy weekend taking care of him and my parents happen to be away so it was tough. He is going to be okay but has a urinary infection... I started my DD today by eating all my calories when I woke up!! This has never happened to me but I guess the anxiety of yesterday continued a bit into today....I am okay and if need be I will make today a MD and move on.

I am sorry I do not have time to talk to each of u. Everyone seems to be doing well this week. I will try and post as the week goes on.

Just want to mention that I treat my MD like down days with benefits. I know it sounds weird when I started MD leo gave me great advice and said treat it like a dd then add a little. It seems to work for me when I need to throw one in. I have been alternating right now with my days but will change up if I have any social events scheduled. I have also done M,W,F schedule.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #483
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Hi Jodi- Sorry about the difficulty with your uncle--taking care of others is such a responsibility. Just when your own children need less care, it seems that the generation ahead of you gets to the age of needing care.

Don't worry about your DD. Dr. J has written that a couple of 100 extra calories won't destroy the dynamic, and there's always a MD, as you point out.

By the way, I've done that occasionally--i.e., eaten all my calories for breakfast and assumed I wouldn't have a DD, but it actually worked out each time. I suspect that if we do DDs long enough, our bodies learn not to expect more calories and are satisfied with the DD limit. That's how it seems to me sometimes.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #484
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya Jodi!

I'm so sorry about your uncle and I pray things settle down for you and your family!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Don't worry about your DD. Dr. J has written that a couple of 100 extra calories won't destroy the dynamic, and there's always a MD, as you point out.

By the way, I've done that occasionally--i.e., eaten all my calories for breakfast and assumed I wouldn't have a DD, but it actually worked out each time. I suspect that if we do DDs long enough, our bodies learn not to expect more calories and are satisfied with the DD limit. That's how it seems to me sometimes.
THANK YOU Leo!! This is such great advice and I sure am learning from all you share!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #486
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Sorry you've been in a bit of a whirlwind with this, Jodi. Glad you were there to help out for your uncle since your were gone.

And I agree with trying for the DD after this tense situation, and moving it into a MD if all else fails. We're not robots. We have lives. 'Stuff' happens. Do the best you can and get on with it.

Hope your uncle is feeling well soon. And hope you're back on UD-DD track with ease very quickly too.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening Y'all!

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Right now, I am hoping that I won't be hungry any more tonight because I was able to cut a huge chunk of calories out of my MD. I ate too much protein today because I was starving (not feeling well) all morning and then it quieted in the afternoon as I started feeling better.

Tomorrow is my DD and I am so looking forward to the simplicity of it!! I am really loving JUDDD!

Have a wonderful evening!
Old 01-25-2011, 05:53 AM   #488
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning JUDDDers!

How is everyone today??

How is your JUDDD working for ya?

I feel SOOOOOuch better today, the Fibro flare and all related symptoms are gone! Thank G-d!

My dogs (2) woke me up this morning at 7AM which is a little early for me, but I couldn't get back to sleep, so I'm going to start my day.

After a MD yesterday, my scale showed the loss of the pound I gained the day before AND another pound off. So, yeah, I believe that the Mobic was definitely the culprit for the temporary gain.

Today is a DD and I'm actually looking forward to it! I like the simplicity and not thinking about food. I am praying that my hunger abates and the day goes peacefully rather than with white knuckles!

I hope everyone has an AWESOME JUDDD day!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:29 AM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

I am happy for u reallife!! U r doing so well

Leo an Sohappy thanks for the advice and support yesterday. U were right Leo I went on the rest of my day without a problem. I wS slightly over my dd calories but I am still within my weight range!! I am really an emotional eater!! I M glad I posted after I ate and stopped to think. In the past I tend to have the all or nothing attitude. Judd has helped and u guys too!! Thanks Again!!!

Last edited by JKat; 01-25-2011 at 06:31 AM..
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:55 AM   #490
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vee716
Stats: 340high 297/173.3/150
WOE: WLS(1999) - low-carb
Start Date: September 5, 2003
Good morning, everyone! My, you have all all been busy over the last day or two, I had quite the catch up to do on all the posts!

Today is a down day for me. I'm off my regular schedule, I like to have down days MWF, but yesterday didn't work for a couple of reasons, so I made it a down day with a big dinner.

I weigh everyday, but then I track once a week to analyze my progress. And in analyzing today, I can safely say that January has been useless! I'm at the same weight today as I was Jan 1st! So, it's time to clean up the down days a little and make sure I get at least 3 a week. I've been letting at least 1 down day a week turn into a medium day, and my down days have never been as low as 500 calories to start with, they are usually more like 1000. So, I'm going to drop the down day calories a bit, make sure I get at least 3 definite down days and step up the weight loss.

My blog - Find Your Own Weigh
vee716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:22 AM   #491
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Valerie sounds like u figured out how to maintain! It's good info go u once u get to that phase. I am still working on it
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #492
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Good morning everyone. Jodi I hope things are better for you today.
Today is dd. I am having my coffee. Black.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:44 AM   #493
Senior LCF member

Pretty though it is, I am officially fed up with the snow! I have become 'addicted' to strength training on the machines at my health club, and this morning is one of my days to work out. But it's snowing (unexpectedly) and the roads look horrid, so I stayed home. It doesn't look like it's stopping anytime soon, and I'd hoped to get there in the pm, but not if the roads are still a mess.

And another storm is predicted for Thursday, another one of my regular days! I just hate it when the weather interferes with my plans.

Of course, I should just be counting my blessings that being retired means I don't have to drive in this unless I choose to do so.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:47 AM   #494
Blabbermouth!!!

Leo I know how you feel. Yesterday I woke up and the ground was covered again. I hate driving in that stuff to get to work.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:08 AM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tttmom
Stats: 7/30/14...166.6/165.1/125
Good morning everyone! I just finished first week, and am down 5.6 pounds! I'm so happy! Gotta run, I'll be back later. Have a great day everyone
tttmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #496
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttmom View Post
Good morning everyone! I just finished first week, and am down 5.6 pounds! I'm so happy! Gotta run, I'll be back later. Have a great day everyone
wow ....WTG
Old 01-25-2011, 08:18 AM   #497
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttmom View Post

YAY VICKI!!!!!!! Whoooo hooooooo!! Excellent job!!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Valerie: It sounds as if you have made a good assessment and plan. My MDs are 1000 cals and DDs are 500.

Leo, I'm sorry you are dealing with snow and cannot get out. I know that's frustrating and I hope it gets better fast!

Daisey: Driving in it scares me witless!

Have a wonderful JUDDD day y'all!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:25 AM   #499
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Haven't had a chance to read and have to run, be gone for the day. I'll read this evening, but just wanted to wish you all a wonderful day and great UDs or DDs! See you this evening.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:38 AM   #500
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Wow, sounds like we all are doing so well and learning so much!

I weighed in this a.m. and am down two pounds for the week. Woo hoo, 8 pounds off in two weeks. I am typically a very slow loser so I am thrilled as can be.

Up day for me today. I have a dinner thing and big cooking project every Tuesday so it works out well for me to make my DDs M/W/F. I'll have more flexibility with Tuesdays on my upcoming trip, but just may stay with that schedule since it's working so well for me.

Keep up the good work, JUDDDers!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #501
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Eatin clean@ using the Nutri Bullet
Start Date: .Aug. 2012
Hi.
How are you all? I should go to Walmart today but it is so cold.
I will have a weigh in Sunday.
On week 2nd, I lost nothing.Now Im on week 3 so hope i loose something.
But I did loose 5 lbs on week 1,
have a good day.
kind
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #502
Blabbermouth!!!

Kind, stay the course you will lose.
Thats what I tell my self as well.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #503
Senior LCF member

WTG Vicki & Donna! Great losses!

Kind--just stay the course and the lbs will go. Our bodies tend to lose at their own pace, and personally I can't hurry mine!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Eatin clean@ using the Nutri Bullet
Start Date: .Aug. 2012
Thanks Leo and daisey,
I will keep it upand know I have the rest of the year to do well.
kind
One day at a time.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone, and congrats on all the losses this week! I sure love this WOE. It's a little stressful on the UD's just making sure things don't get out of hand... but it's so easy because I don't have to force myself to eat 3 meals a day when I'm not even hungry. Love it!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #506
Senior LCF member

The good news is that the snow stopped at noon, so I was able to get to my health club in the pm for strength work on the machines. This winter has been so awful that I have to fit in my sessions whenever I can--and thanks to retirement, I'm able to work out in the middle of the day when I have to.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #507
Blabbermouth!!!

I am glad it worked out for you Leo.

Kind you are right One day at a time.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:53 PM   #508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening Y'all!

Donna:
Great job! Congrats!

Kind: As everyone has said, just hang on and the scale will catch up.

Leo: I'm so glad you got out and to exercise.

Daisey: How are you doing?

SoHappy: How has your day been?

Vicki: Isn't this great??

My DD has been AWESOME! Not hungry at all, which is so welcomed after my last DD which was a white knuckler! This day has been soooo easy! I'm thrilled to have days like this, I almost don't want to have an UP day tomorrow! Anyone else ever feel like that?

BUT, I am looking forward to tomorrow because I'm starting to exercise on our home machine, the Gazelle. So, that's a good thing.

I hope everyone has a great evening, I'll check in tomorrow!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #509
Senior LCF Member

My DD has been AWESOME! Not hungry at all, which is so welcomed after my last DD which was a white knuckler! This day has been soooo easy! I'm thrilled to have days like this, I almost don't want to have an UP day tomorrow! Anyone else ever feel like that?

Absolutely! That's exactly how I feel too. Glad you had an awesome DD.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Oops... tried to quote RealFoodLiving but somehow it didn't show up that way. Anyway, have a great evening everyone