Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
WTg kind!! Now that your family went home u can concentrate on yourself a bit. Great loss!!

Sohappy. I don't know if I would like a mug of sea salt but I will try it and see. U can google better body basics. It's a great workout without weight and concentrates on inch loss!!

I had a great family day!! My uncle was adorable and blew out his own candles.. These times r precious seeing he is 95 now!!

Leo u r right u can low cArb and still enjoy yourself. I have been having some better up days! Mostly because I have been low carbing and controlling my cravings for sweets!

Last edited by JKat; 01-16-2011 at 05:06 PM..
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Good evening y'all!

Thank you all for your replies and answers to my questions. I appreciate the feedback.

Today was my 1st DD and I'm doing pretty well. I'm actually pretty excited about it.

Tomorrow is my 1st UP day and according to the JUDD site calculations, I should eat 1866 cals. That's a lot. Did y'all go to your UP calories? Any suggestions there?

Also, is there a link to the JUDD DD recipes?

Thank you all again!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: magentagirl13
Stats: 176.5/174/128.5
WOE: low carb JUDDD and IF (8 eating hours)
Start Date: 4/22/06; restarting 3/1/13
Real Life, I don't know if I eat all my calories on my up days, but I think it's more important that you don't eat over that number of calories.

I think there's a thread that some people on here started for DD menus, but that was back in December and you might have to search for it. This month people have been posting soup recipes.

I know also that Linda Sue's cauliflower bisque is a really good DD soup, very filling and not very high calorie per bowl. And it has heavy cream in it so feels very decadent!

Carrollee

magentagirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Reallife I would say be careful with the number. Some r not able to loose that high due to hormones age and activity. This is one of those that u have to see what works for u....

Last edited by JKat; 01-16-2011 at 05:25 PM..
Old 01-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #305
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
Reallife I would say be careful with the number. Some r not able to loose that high due to hormones age and activity. This is one of those that u have to see what works for u....
Yes. I think a lot of the sites, JUDDD included, give a 'too high' number for the calories. And I don't know why that would be, whether it's because people tend to overestimate the amount of real exercise they get or what. Anyway, if I eat the number of UD calories, fine. But I don't try to get them consumed if I'm not there yet.

Glad you got through your first DD (almost through) and your going to wake up in the morning and feel great and be ready for a healthful UD.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks again everyone!

Hey, I was wondering if y'all would mind to share some of your daily menus? UP and DDs?

Today, my first DD:

Whey Protein shake (several)
Homemade chicken stock with spinach (several)
1 celery stalk
1 oz roasted chicken
Lots of water
Old 01-17-2011, 04:50 AM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning today is a dd and Wk day for me... I had a good up day yesterday.

Real. Your menu looks good. How were your bs yesterday??

Sohappy I have been trying not to monitor calories on up days. So far this week it's gone well. I know I am very close if not over the calculator number I would prefer to maintain this way. Time will tell
Old 01-17-2011, 04:51 AM   #308
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
RealFood- Dr. J has admitted that the UD calories that you get from the calculator are very much "fiction"--i.e., they are a limit rather than a suggested amount of food to be consumed because people vary considerably in terms of their calorie requirements. You have to find a level that's satisfying for you but still enables you to lose. Many people here don't count at all on UDs, but I have always had to count due to age and medical issues that leave me with an extremely low metabolism.

As to posting recipes or menus, we've avoided that on the discussion thread because for someone on a DD, reading UD menus can incite hunger. Personally, I avoid all 'food talk' on a DD. That's why we created a separate recipe/menu thread.

By the way, since the HCG folks are restricted to 500 cals during phases of their program, their recipe/menu info is useful for some people looking for DD foods.

My own take on DDs is that you have to find food that you like and can easily limit to the lower calorie range. We all do different things here, and you really have to find what works best for you.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #309

JKat, I didn't monitor UD calories for the first bit I was here either, and I maintained just fine. And I ate pretty much anything I wanted, just in my normal amounts like I always do. I'm not a big 'overeater'. So this WOE is absolutely ideal for me on maintenance because in exchange for doing the DDs, the UDs can be a bit more extensive, and I really like that ability to enjoy some of the foods that would normally be considered NO-NOs.

I'm trying to lose a bit more now. I've maintained for awhile now. I think I'll try to get another 10 pounds off and then stop there and maintain for awhile again. So far I've only lost about a pound or a bit more. I expect that means I've got to bring my UD calories down some. And maybe snic another 50 calories off of each DD.

Anxious to hear how RealFoodLiving did on her DD and how the sugar readings went! Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all!

The 1st DD went pretty well.

Jkat: That's great that you are on maintenance and doing so well!
Thank you for the feedback. My blood glucose readings were excellent, even my fasting this morning.

SoHappy: They stayed in the 90's ALL day yesterday and did not drop at all. My fasting this morning was 95. Thank you for asking! I'm excited to see how your added weight loss will go.

Leo: Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize not to post menus and foods. I won't do it again. Sorry. :blush:

I cannot find the recipe thread for this group, although I keep looking. Do you have a direct link?

I especially would like to know if YOU post your menus, or be willing to share them with me, as we have similar health issues and you are such a success at this WOE. My UP and DDs would look similar to yours.

I'll look for the ones for the hcg protocol as well, thank you.

Again, sorry.

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 01-17-2011 at 07:28 AM..
Old 01-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #311
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
First weigh in for 1 week.>> Lost 5lbs.
Kind
WTG
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:11 AM   #312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
First weigh in for 1 week.>> Lost 5lbs.
Kind

WOW! 5 pounds, how awesome! Great job!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #313
Blabbermouth!!!

Realfood Welcome. and no need t be sorry you didn't know. I also like to hear what others find to eat on dds. But mostly I stick with egg beaters and lite bread. FF cheese and turkey sausage. I have 2 sandwiches aday. keeps me full.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:23 AM   #314
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh and lots of warm tea it helps you fill all warm in side. if you all want we could start another thread on what to eat on dds. Sounds good to me. we could read it on our uds and plan what we will eat on our dds. Just a thought.

DD for me today. btw
Old 01-17-2011, 08:35 AM   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
Oh and lots of warm tea it helps you fill all warm in side. if you all want we could start another thread on what to eat on dds. Sounds good to me. we could read it on our uds and plan what we will eat on our dds. Just a thought.

DD for me today. btw
I'm going to start a JUDDD Down Day thread now. I really try to be careful not to mention foods much in this thread, but for me, the foods eaten on DDs is pretty much the crux of it all, so it would be a big help for me to know what others choose to eat and in what quantities, as well as any recipes that are good for DDs.

Off to get a separate thread started here for our DDs for any that want to participate over there. That way, for those who want to avoid having to read about food and eating, it will be out of sight. LOL Come on over.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Daisey and SoHappy!! I'm so happy for the new DD recipe/menu thread!!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #317
Blabbermouth!!!

Realfood would you like to start it please. Do you rember me from back in the day when we were eggies.

Does anyone know how many calories a large banana is? thanks
Old 01-17-2011, 08:42 AM   #318
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh sorry I didn't see Sohappys post
Old 01-17-2011, 08:51 AM   #319
Senior LCF member

SoHappy- Thanks for starting a new recipe/menu thread for us. There's so much traffic here on 'Other Plans' that I guess our older one got lost. It's always good to get new ideas. I'll post there later today (if my computer cooperates; it's being 'finickey' today).

RealFood- I don't think we have similar medical issues, since I'm not diabetic, and, to me, that is the biggest issue for this WOE. Having to restrict calories (my problem) is common to all of us here.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
RealFood- I don't think we have similar medical issues, since I'm not diabetic, and, to me, that is the biggest issue for this WOE. Having to restrict calories (my problem) is common to all of us here.
OH.
Ummm, I was referring to age, hypothyroid and post-menopausal. LC and REAL FOODS.

But that's Ok, I was trying to get some help because you are so successful and need to eat in the manner I do. I thought we had common ground.

Well, thanks anyway.

Have a nice day.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #321
Senior LCF member

RealFood-
Yeah--but age (post-menopausal) and hypothyroid simply means low, low calories in order to lose--for me at least. You have to find the calorie level that provides a deficit for you--we're all different.

It doesn't matter what I eat so long as I keep my calories low enough. That's why I cautioned you about the calculator UD number. If I ate at that level, I'd be gaining steadily!

I don't like to promote my calorie level because it's lower than safe for most people, and I'm doing this with regular supervision by my endo (who totally approves and is my biggest cheerleader).
Old 01-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi everyone.It is snowing and still cold.Today is dd for me.I think it is a great idea to post dd recipes. Just wanted to say hi and welcome to all new comers.
kind.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #323
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Kind I look forward to some of your recipes.

I know you have some.
I was up in valpo yesterday I thought of you
as I was shopping at the mall.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
Thanks for starting the recipe thread, SoHappy. I too did not realize recipes weren't posted here, so sorry abut the veggie soup one...will be a frequent reader of the new thread!

Congrats on the nice loss, Kind.

This is a DD for me, and tomorrow will be my first weigh-in after starting last week. I'm hoping to show a nice number just because my current high weight is the result of going nuts over the holidays, and is about five pounds above the high weight I'd been struggling with for months. 205 has always been a "setpoint" weight for me in my weight loss journeys--whether going up or down, I always seem to get stuck there.

I do think there is something to this cycling...my last semi-serious effort at taking off some of this weight was a switch to the Crack the Fat Loss Code diet which cycles higher carb and lower carb days. I did lose some weight on that plan but did not feel good on it, I do seem to need a little more fat in my body or else I'm constantly starving. This first week on JUDDD, I've been basically fat-free on my DDs but eating my usual LC up day, and not worrying about my up day calories right now. Tomorrow will tell if I'm making any progress!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: magentagirl13
Stats: 176.5/174/128.5
WOE: low carb JUDDD and IF (8 eating hours)
Start Date: 4/22/06; restarting 3/1/13
Hi everyone! Today is a UD for me. I lost a half pound yesterday, which is okay.

Not much going on today. I didn't sleep all that well last night but Max is home with me today so that means not a lot of rest!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Carrollee
magentagirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Thanks all for thumbs up on loss.
I have to stay low on calaries also like Leo.But my Dr. said Im save at 1.000 >1200.
So On my dds like 200-500cals.Calaries to me, is that is the key.
I also stay low fat. On Carbs I dont really watch as much. I try now to eat the good carbs Like> Greens and veggs.and fruits. When I do have breads{ Wraps.I have whole grain.Trying to stay away from white carbs.
I think the biggest down fall for me is I love chesse.and I love diet Coke zore.which Im trying to slow down.
I also like to{ fresh [Juice. but have not done that for while.
Daisey one day we will have to meet.
Got to go.
janet
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey y'all!

Just checking in here.

Today is my UP day and I'm having fun! LOL! BUT, I'm watching carefully because I'm one of those who can fall off the edge of a slippery slope very easily and end up binge eating.

So, my mindset is still to eat what is best for my body, real foods, low carb, plenty of veggies and quality protein.

It's just that this new way of planning and eating is rather challenging and FUN.

Have a wonderful day y'all!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #328

RealFoodLiving, I know just what you mean. I also feel exactly that way.

The initial elation has worn off a bit, and I'm beginning to feel completely relaxed with eating this way. But the joy of knowing that I only have to really watch what I eat one day and then the next can be whatever I want it to be is still just wonderful and almost overwhelming sometimes.

I'm not a big overeater, I usually am pretty able to eat moderately, and I don't go 'hog wild' on my UDs, but just knowing that in the hot summertime I could have a little dish of ice cream if I wanted it is nice. It's nice to know I can have a slice of buttered toast with my eggs in the morning if I want to. I don't too often. 'Cause I know that there will come times in my life when I'll want a bit of that macaroni & cheese casserole, or the mashed potatoes with gravy at Thanksgiving dinner. LOL So for those of us who enjoy many foods that are higher in carb than we might not otherwise be able to eat and still maintain, it's wonderful.

None of us can get carried away. But that would be true of any plan and any way of eating we chose to follow. That only makes sense.

This is the most fun I've had with a 'diet' plan in years! I hope you continue to enjoy it, and that it works well for you too.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening y'all!

My 1st UP day and WOW, my eyes have been opened.

I really need to plan better.

I thought my tough days would be my DDs, but actually, that was easy because there was not too much food. Today though, I was hungry and wanted to eat, but I didn't want to go over a certain amt of carbs and calories.

I didn't realize HOW many carbs were in the roasted green beans I've been eating almost every day because I never counted carbs. :blush: I've been losing weight, but I never kept track of exactly what I was eating because it was all low-carb and real foods.

So yeah, today was a lesson for me. I ended up at 1,515 calories, which was WAY over my goal of 1,200 calories.

I ended up at 60.7 gms of carbs which is ASTOUNDING to me! My upper limit goal was 30.

I'm discouraged, but not defeated.
I'm looking forward to my DD tomorrow and keeping my cals under 500 and my carbs under 20.
I'm re-grouping and planning my next UP day.

1) I'll pre-plan my meals and plug them into ****** BEFORE I eat them, not after.
2) I'll have planned foods/liquids/actions for if my meals do not satisfy my hunger.
3) I won't get discouraged and give up, I'll just work harder. I've got too much at stake to go backwards.
4) I'll come here and vent rather than eat,

Thanks for being here.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:39 AM   #330
Senior LCF member

Yes, Real Food, the key to all this for me has always been planning, planning, and more planning.

I don't use any online calculators like ******--I do it all on paper or in my head [a lot of counting experience!]; I plan my food in advance, according to protein and carb content, and then I eat accordingly.

The obvious advantage of this is that I'm never 'surprised' by the calories or carbs, and I know I have the food available. It helps not to have to think at all about food at any other time, especially on DDs. If I were to eat on an UD just casually as I went along, I'm sure I'd always eat too much because I've been amazed when I'm planning at how quickly those calories add up!