Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 07:14 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Apparently hardly anyone can manage this! On the Main Lobby board, week after week, there are postings lamenting the fact that somebody "cheated", or they are asking to be kicked because they had a weak moment and indulged in some off-plan food.

It's hard to be overweight, and it's hard to lose weight, and it's hard to maintain a constant weight once you've lost, but the JUDDDD program seems to allow for anyone to address both weight issues and eating issues in whatever manner feels most natural to them and actually works most easily for them.

I guess it is fair to say that the JUDDD Plan conforms to you and your preferences pretty well, rather than demanding you conform to it with a rigid list of what you can eat and what is forbidden. UD-DD-UD-DD works just fine. But switching it around from week to week to accommodate an upcoming cocktail party now and a fun summer festival (food booths) later will work just fine too. I love it!
I completely agree. I have found that taking the "no-no" out of certain foods has made those foods become less tempting, less magical. As long as I stick to my DD's, my UD's are no big deal. I still stay away from sweets, which is something I do even when I'm not dieting...but I have only over-eaten once so far in the first week and I was miserable (physically). The DD's have made my appetite smaller and while up days are not necessarily lowest carb, my DD's are always ultra low carb and packed with protein.

Happy New Year everyone!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2010, 07:43 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
I just put on a pot of soup and think if I have a couple bowls today then that would be a good moderate day. I thought maybe add a piece of fish to mine just before eating.

I do love judd but would like to find a bit more balance on my UD...My plan was weight watchers but I have not been sticking with that. I love that the plan is forgiving but that also can add to my up days being a bit more than they should.
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #183
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Jodi- Someone else left JUDDD because she had no problem with DDs but tended to binge on UDs. She simply was unable to get her UDs under control.

I never had that problem until I tried to "maintain." I know it was totally psychological, but although I intended to keep my UDs the same and just increase my DDs, I found myself always overeating on UDs. I just couldn't control it, so I went back to my "weight loss mode," and I found myself in control of both DDs and UDs. It really freaked me out how just changing my mindset upset everything.

After January, I intend to try again to get into a "maintenance mode" with JUDDD, but it's so strange that changing things was so difficult. I now know that maintenance has challenges that are different but just as difficult as weight loss.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:53 AM   #184
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Yes. I think maintenance is a lot like walking a tightrope. You don't want to get too lean if you're as old as I am.. (Wrinkle City).. but you don't want to get heavy again.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Good Morning JUDDDers!'

Well, I guess it's afternoon. Today has just flown by! I sure hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday.

I am hanging in there and doing JUDDD the best I can with all the family, days off, junk food and such. I am still getting DD's in there where I can.

Today, is DD for me and I am happy to be doing one. My husband has decided to join me doing JUDDD and that usually makes it alot easier for me . We are planning on hitting it hard and heavy on the 1st of January. For now, we are not being as strict.

I have missed you guys, but I was SO BUSY with Christmas and the kids being out of school, I didn't have time for anything. I will be glad when they are back in school, and things are back to normal.

Does anyone here do New Years resolutions? I have decided to completely abstain from alcohol and gluten. I was getting sloppy with both of them, and they both make me feel pretty crappy. It's not worth it. I will probably lose weight faster too.

Michelle

Hypothyroid

Mini-goals:
120 115 110
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Ye Leo I have thought about how this plan really kicks my eating issues into high gear. I feel like I need to try and find some balance on my up days. I have been able to Maintain but do not feel like I am being healthy.

I am really going to try some differant strategies on my up days. The good thing is Judd is very forgiving while I try to figure out what the best way to maintain for me.

Sohappy I agree it's a tightrope to maintain. I always want to loose 5 more pounds and Hubby is great and reminds me how skinny and u healthy I look in the face at the lower weight. After I turned 40 my goal range had to change too.

Hi Michelle. I am counting the days they go back now!! I love them dearly but would like to have some quiet time after the busy holidays

Last edited by JKat; 12-27-2010 at 02:38 PM..
Old 12-28-2010, 03:09 AM   #187
Senior LCF member

Yes, Jodi, that's how I felt when I was doing low DDs and overeating on UDs to 'maintain.' I wasn't gaining, but I didn't think it was at all healthy--AND I didn't want to get into the habit of eating too much on any day. I want to be 'moderate,' and when I try again, I'll know what to watch out for.

Michelle- I never make New Year's resolutions, mainly because I have always reacted to all the 'hype' that has developed--e.g., merchandisers trying to cash in on people's resolutions. I actually try to make personal resolutions as needed when needed. But I hope yours work for you--it's always good to tighten up on things when we get sloppy.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:07 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

I had great moderate day yesterday!!! That's a first for me. I kinda treated it as a dd with benefits!

Michelle... I would not say I have a resolution as much as dome personal goals for 2011. I would like to run a 10 k and finish. I would also like go get involved with the food bank or feeding the homeless. I am trying to find something near me that I can do.

My dd13 wants to start exercising. We went shopping yesterday and she said she wants to diet which I completely discouraged!!! We talked about cleaning her eating up! Decreasing her sweets an adding in more whole grains and protein. The last thing I w t her do do I'd
Is get the diet mentality. We also talk alot about healthy eating!

Last edited by JKat; 12-28-2010 at 04:11 AM..
Old 12-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #189
Senior LCF member

Jodi- That's how I eventually 'mastered' the MD--a DD 'with benefits.' When I tried to do it as a separate type of day, it always wound up as an UD!

Good for you to focus on healthy eating with your daughter. We've become so accustomed to the media's constant messages about dieting--and body image--that we can fail to realize how negatively they affect young girls.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Amen to that. I remeber as a young girl if you eat all that you will be fat. My mom and aunts was always dieting. And now look at me. I am thankful my daughter does not have a weight problem.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
I've been away from the boards a few days. Glad to be back. Did well during the holidays. I think this might be the first time I ever felt that much in control. Now, i did have 12/24, 12/25 as both UD's. But, I was so ready to get back on a DD.
There is something very good about the DD. Both DH and I were ready for it. I ate too much on my UD's. But, all the goodies are given away or frozen and I'm so glad to be on a DD.
Looks like everyone did so well. The thing is that before I felt like I cheated if I endulged and used that as an excuse to go "off plan". This way I don't feel the defeated, cheating feeling. Just focus on the solution...next day is a DD.
Have a great day. I'll check back later.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #192
Senior LCF member

Hi Mona-
I managed to do only Christmas Day as an UD this year, but last year, I also had two UDs for the Eve and the Day--and I found that my body was SO ready for a DD on the 26th. It was almost a pleasure to eat that lightly--and I suffered no gain from those two UDs.

I've discovered that since JUDDD gives me 'permission' to eat whatever I want on holidays, I actually eat less than in the olden days when I was 'cheating' if I ate freely on a holiday. Overall, I find this WOE so much healthier--physically and psychologically.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi.everyone.
It seems you all are doing well.Today is a dd for me{ starting again.
When my Mom leaves I can really get back on track and posting.
I find it really helps to post. Take care and happy New year to all.
Had a 8lb weight gain for both hoildays. I feel it too.and can not wait to get it off.
Janet{Kind
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #194
Senior LCF member

Janet- Keep in mind that those 8lbs are probably mostly water and a couple of good DDs will easily get you back on track. You're absolutely right to just focus on the time with your mother for now.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:44 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
Good morning all!!Had a great DD yesterday. I do best on DD's when I just don't focus on eating at all. That's why Atkins shakes help me. They're my DD 'go to'. Will weigh again 1/1, after 12/31 DD.
I'm going to seriously tackle this weight issue once and for all. Next New Year's will find me at goal and following Leo's advise on maintenance.
What do you think is a realistic weight loss goal per month if I do JUDD faithfully?
Ladysilverpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #196
Senior LCF member

Mona- The rate of weight loss varies with the person. I am a very, very slow loser (age and hypothyroid), and my loss was just about a pound a week. But it was consistent. In fact, a couple of times, I didn't lose for about 3 weeks--and then was down 4 lbs the 4th week (for the same rate of 4lbs a month). Many other people lose faster.

But I never had any 'goal' in terms of lbs lost or rate of loss--I just focused on staying on plan and eating healthily. I think that if I focused on a number, I'd be too demoralized if I didn't achieve that number. And that's not realistic, because in my experience, our bodies really determine the rate of loss, and there's too much temptation to 'tinker' with our WOE if we're not meeting some arbitrary number we've decided for a goal, and we should really avoid doing that. (I see that happening all the time with people on the Main Lobby.)

I weighed weekly and posted my weight on my desk calendar so that I could observe any trends or patterns in my specific weight-loss journey. That was very helpful in the long term.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:52 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Happy new year judders!!!

Today is an up day for me and I am in a quest to figure out how to control these days. I want to clean up my eating! I am maintaining but I am not eating healthy.

We will watch movie with kids tonight and see how long they make to midnight. Lol they may beat me!!

Last edited by JKat; 12-31-2010 at 03:58 AM..
Old 12-31-2010, 04:15 AM   #198
Senior LCF member

Jodi- You may want to look beyond JUDDD in terms of eating healthily. I do JUDDD as a way of controlling calories, but I don't ascribe to the philosophy of eating "anything" on UDs. Perhaps it's due to my advanced age, but as I proceeded through weight loss, I became very aware of healthy eating.

Now I eat low carb 99% of the time not just because it's a good way to control my appetite but because I'm convinced that grains and starches (much less sugar) are poor choices for me.

I'm not saying that you should eat this way, but my point is that if you want to eat healthily, you should explore what that means for you. So long as you think solely in terms of calories, it's too easy to eat low calorie junk--which is what WW gets accused of very often with their 'official' products.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:40 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

I totally agree. Ww products r nothing but junk!!! That being said the new plan really pushes veggies and meats along with whole grains. It also allows for the treats. My up days have always been a challenge for me. I am trying to find a way that makes me comfortable and that's going to take some exploring. I think having the pt system keeps me more in check with portions. For a while I am going to try ****** too so I see pts to calories to get just a better handle on my up days. Thanks Leo for your support and advise
Old 12-31-2010, 09:35 AM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Happy new year Juddders. we can do this. in 2011

LOL I think i said something like lets get thin in 2010
I mean it we can do this in 2011
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:19 AM   #201
Senior LCF member

Jodi- You may be struggling as I am with the 'mental' part of maintaining. I'm finding myself far too willing to eat things on UDs that I always shunned during my weight-loss days--and those things add up so easily! For example, in the past when I ate out with friends or family, I never touched a bread basket or ordered dessert. And it never bothered me at all, as I consider grains and sugar not good for me. However, now I find myself suddenly 'tempted' by both things (and I have them more often than not), and that has taken me by surprise because I think of myself as just as dedicated to maintaining as I was to weight loss. It's so strange. The only thing that's helped is that I don't eat out much

However, next weekend, I'll be in New Orleans--where the food is more than tempting! I plan on practicing restraint--wish me luck!

dasiey-Happy New Year to you. As you can see from my recent posts, just losing isn't enough. Maintaining is another challenge! My wish for the new year is to weigh no more than I do today (160) next 31 Dec. (My goal is to be 5 lbs lighter).
Old 12-31-2010, 11:58 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Leo!!!!! Yes yes yes!!! U get it! Now I have to figure out how to deal with it!!

Daisey happy new year!!

Last edited by JKat; 12-31-2010 at 12:01 PM..
Old 12-31-2010, 01:51 PM   #203
Senior LCF member

Jodi-
If I ever get it figured out, I'll let you know

I might have to just try to fool myself by 'pretending' I'm trying to lose weight rather than maintain--because I had that phase down!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goddesslynne
Stats: 240/230/140 (52, 5'4", small frame)
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: 9/5/14
Good Morning and Happy New Year, JUDDDers!!

Please tell me about your exercise routines, and how you work them with UD/DD. I'm re-committing to my ChaLEAN Extreme, but I'm unsure how to coordinate my days. I have a bit of a delima: I like by DDs to be M/W/F, so that I can have UDs on my days off which are Thurs and Sun. However, my schedule works better when I do the strength training portion of my program on M/W/F!!

I'm going to try it today but I'm scared!!

<<<avi taken a few weeks before my 50th birthday at 165lbs!!
goddesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:13 AM   #205

Good Morning. I'm excited about this New Year and making it be an absolutely wonderful one!!! JUDDD is certainly going to remain a big part of that (although I had a greater proportion of UDs than DDs over this Christmas/New Year celebration period. But back at it now, and today is a DD for me.

DH is also wanting to lose about 12 pounds and wants me to put him on a diet too, just not the DDs that I do! LOL He doesn't understand it at all, and I've always just thought it was so unfair that he ate such a high carb diet and stayed so relatively trim, well muscled, and strong and healthy! Not fair! Darn that old coot! So he'll eat what I fix him and in the amounts I serve him, and he said he won't snack between meals. That'll probably be enough for him to drop the little extra weight he has in mind.

I decided to add in the Flylady home cleaning and management routine here. I always used to keep such a clean and tidy home and lately it seems like I have grown slack. So this will be something else to add into my days and seems like it will be interesting and helpful.

Won't go to my gym/health club until tomorrow morning but got 15-minute exercise in at home this morning, stretches, calisthenics, and some work with hand weights. I'll work in a couple more periods yet today.

goddesslynne, you may well not have any problem at all with your workout days being on your DDs, as you aren't eating at a low calorie level every day. I think you might notice a problem if you always ate low cals, but your body should be staying strong with the alternating UD-DD program. Worth a try anyway. You can always address the issue later if it really does affect you. I haven't found it gives me any trouble at all.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goddesslynne
Stats: 240/230/140 (52, 5'4", small frame)
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: 9/5/14
Thanks, SoHappy!! I just realized that my workout days are AFTER an UD, so it may actually be ideal!! Very excited to get back into it!!

I'm doing Flylady too!! I am still in the de-cluttering stage, so I'll be joining in with the daily missions asap. I'm on their FB page now, which seems easier to me than the emails.
goddesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:23 AM   #207

goddesslynne, it sound like your body will be well fueled for workouts on the DDs after your UDs. I expect you'll do really well. As to the FlyLady program and daily routines, I'm still confused but plugging along on my second day. But just the very thought of following a plan that might help me keep control around here and finally weed through everything and pare it down is exciting to me. In addition to my completely furnished household, my DH had his possessions that he moved in when we married, and when my mother's estate was settled, there was so much from the old family home that I couldn't bare to part with.. so I stowed a lot here. It doesn't look too crowded on the surface, but every square inch behind the scenes is crammed!

Today is an UD for me. I'll make it a *not-over-the-top* Up Day, as I did overdo a tiny bit (LOL) over the Holidays, but never went up beyond my allowed maintenance level. I'm back down already pretty much, and certainly headed in the right direction again. The plan is to head down into the weight loss area again.

Have a great day, Everyone! I'll check back in as the day passes. Your posts help keep me inspired!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:27 AM   #208
Senior LCF member

Lynn and SoHappy- It's 2011--and also a new month, so we have a new thread.