Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #151
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Suze-
When I started JUDDD, I had been doing generic low carb, and I knew that I could not lose unless I was <1000 cal daily. Since my initial DD number from the calculator was 430, I aimed my UD at 1400 to "average" about 900 daily. I was very 'comfortable' with a 1400 cal UD and didn't ever feel hungry.

When I'd lost a bit, I re-calculated, and my DD was 370. I tried to lower my UD to 1200, but that was difficult, and I varied between 1200 and 1400.

I don't want anyone to take this as a 'model' because I think it's extremely low. There's not only my age but the fact that I'm hypothyroid to consider. That gives me an extremely slow metabolism; thus the low calories.
Since I barely lost a pound a week, these obviously aren't 'low' calories for me
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2010, 02:30 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Just quick hello

Leo!!!!! 2 years u r an inspiration to us all!! With all your medical challenges u have been able to perservere!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:03 AM   #153
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Just checking in to say HI before racing off again. This is the busiest I've been in ages.. even to the point of having to work over the weekend, including on Sunday which was our anniversary! We're trying to get several houses done, and then working in the various get-togethers this time of year really adds to the time constraints, although fun.

Had a wonderful Birthday party to go to for an old gal pal, Biaggi's restaurant, with family style dining - 4 appetizers, pasta course, 5 entrees, and of course the breads.. plus fabulous champagne and chocolates! :blush: OF COURSE I ate some of everything!!!

Mostly I've been *staying the course* but not at the calorie level that I need to be at for weight loss. I am, however, happily still maintaining and not gaining, so I'm happy enough for the time being, and for the Holiday Season.

Leo, congrats on your weight loss over these couple of years. You are an excellent example that this WOE works just fine for weight loss, and is a good choice for those who really wish for the freedom to be able to indulge occasionally in what are normally considered TABOO foods.. either too high in calories or too high in carbs.

And I can really identify with the age/health issue. I'm closing in on 68 years old and have been hypothyroid for many, many years too. It is just plainly harder to keep pounds off, or to get them off once they've been gained. My strong advice for younger women is, *Don't ever gain the weight in the first place, and if you already have.. get if OFF while you're still young. It will not get any easier as you age!*

And another congrats to Carrollee! Yay! Best wishes for an uncomplicated pregnancy, and we'll look forward to *our* little one.

You all seem to be doing well. I enjoy reading your posts, and even though it is very hectic for me right now, your resolve and your eating plans helps keep me focused during the mad rush. I have to remember to eat this way, as a DD isn't just habit for me yet.

Last edited by SoHappy; 12-21-2010 at 05:04 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:06 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goddesslynne
Stats: 240/230/140 (51, 5'4", small frame)
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: 11/30/13
Leo and SoHappy, I definitely agree that as time goes by it gets much harder to control our weight!! That's why I'm so concerned and focused on getting it off!! At 48 (and well in perimenopause) I know my time is precious!! I want to enter my 50's at a healthy weight and with the tools well established to maintain my health for the rest of my life!

Yesterday was a DD for me, and more difficult that the previous ones. I did what I've been doing last week: coffee with CO and half-and-half, then wait for dinner. The difference was, dinner wasn't as satisfying, even though it was exactly the same meal I had last friday!! It was all I could do to sip water and then go to bed. I do feel good this morning, and the scale rewarded me, so I will have a great UD today.

Wishing us all a wonderful day and week! I have a feeling we're all so busy with the end-of-year holiday stuff that we might not have a lot of activity in the thread, but know that I'm so grateful for you all and your wise and generous counsel!!

<<<avi taken a few weeks before my 50th birthday at 165lbs!!
goddesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:23 AM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
I had a super good DD yesterday. I need a super good ud today as well.

And a big hello to you all.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #156
Senior LCF member

Lynne-
DDs can be really strange. I truly struggled last week with all my DDs, and they were higher than I like them to be (450-500). Yesterday, however, not only was the DD a breeze and my calories nice and low (250), but I felt great. I was doing some chores around the house, and I felt so nimble and energized, I imagined that we're always suppposed to eat at this level!

Obviously, that's not true (i.e., perpetual DDs), but I had forgotten how good I feel on DDs, so I probably was just having a "bad" spell last week. Yesterday I realized why I often look forward to DDs and the 'light' feeling I get.

Now if I can just get that same feeling tomorrow and Friday, I'll feel well prepared for Christmas!

I hope you're all having good DDs this week!
Old 12-22-2010, 07:22 AM   #157
Blabbermouth!!!

yesterdays ud went well. DD today. i think I will make it I am hoping.
Alot of goodies starting to show up here at the house. Some I will take
and pass on to others. And Some I will have to try. But NOT TODAY........

Hows everybody doing. good I hope.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Lynne-
DDs can be really strange. I truly struggled last week with all my DDs, and they were higher than I like them to be (450-500). Yesterday, however, not only was the DD a breeze and my calories nice and low (250), but I felt great. I was doing some chores around the house, and I felt so nimble and energized, I imagined that we're always suppposed to eat at this level!

Obviously, that's not true (i.e., perpetual DDs), but I had forgotten how good I feel on DDs, so I probably was just having a "bad" spell last week. Yesterday I realized why I often look forward to DDs and the 'light' feeling I get.

Now if I can just get that same feeling tomorrow and Friday, I'll feel well prepared for Christmas!

I hope you're all having good DDs this week!
Good Morning All~

DD for me as well. Leo I can SO relate to what you're saying. Even though DD's can be challenging, I feel so much better by then end of the day, I sleep better and I wake up more refreshed after a DD, and never hungry in the morning after. The feeling of lightness and vitality is almost like a drug that makes me come back for that feelingagain. While I enjoy my UD's I find myself looking forward to the simplicity and the lack of choices of the DD.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #159
Senior LCF member

dasiey- On your DD, just keep telling yourself, "I can eat these goodies tomorrow."

The great thing about that is that I find that 'tomorrow' I wind up eating a lot less of the those goodies than I would if I just dived in immediately.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

I also had good dd. today.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:53 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning judders!!!!!

Today is an up day for me. Hubby and I are going to breakfast this morning.

I have been starting my fast by 5 or 6 on my up day. This has really helped me not over eat. Then the following day I have had a light supper. Which is my dd day. This has really seemed to Wk for me. I have hit my lowest weight!!! I am excited for myself!! I hope it continues to Wk and I can maintain with ease.

I love my dd too!! I love the empty feeling and not having to worry what to eat that day!!! My up days have always been the challenge!!

What r everyones plans today?? Christmas is almost here!!
We gave my dd7 her hamster yesterday and told her that Santa was afraid he would get cold so he delivered it early. The innocents of o child!!! I am blessed to have both them happy and healthy..

Last edited by JKat; 12-23-2010 at 02:55 AM..
Old 12-23-2010, 07:01 AM   #162
Blabbermouth!!!

I had a very good dd yesterday.

Leo I stayed out of the goodies
I watched my husband eating it
it did not bother me at all.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Eatin clean@ using the Nutri Bullet
Start Date: .Aug. 2012
Merry Christmas to all.I have been doing just ok but I must tell> Santa surprise me with the scale Reading. I was down 2 lbs. I like to know how, but hey, today Im on a roll. Today is dd for me and see how that goes. Boy I would like for my 61 birthady in Feb. to be 10 lbs lighter.But that will only happen if I stay true to Judd and myself.
Just wanted to say hey and have a great time with family and take in all our blessings.
Kind{ Janet
kind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks kind thats very nice. If we do Juddd right it will be kind to us.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:32 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Merry Christmas Janet
Old 12-24-2010, 07:34 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goddesslynne
Stats: 240/230/140 (51, 5'4", small frame)
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: 11/30/13
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays JUDDD friends!!

This has not been my greatest week...but I am inspired by all of you and I will do better!
goddesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:40 AM   #167
Senior LCF member

Merry Christmas to all JUDDD friends!
I've had an excellent week--until today. It's a DD, and I was 'starving' this morning. I think it's all psychological, so I'm hoping to be able to ignore it and still get in at <500 cal. It will make me feel better about eating well tomorrow.

Keep in mind that whatever indulgences you allow during the holidays, a couple of DDs will get you back on track. In two years of doing JUDDD, I've never really "gained" so long as I returned to my alternation right away.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:25 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Merry Christmas judders!

Leo..I hope u r right. I too am starving today too!! I even got up in the middle of night and almost ate. I think it's just the anxiety of the holidays. I am really hoping to handle them well. Dd today with meal tonight of fish mostly.

Lynne I am glad u had a good week!!

Last edited by JKat; 12-24-2010 at 08:28 AM..
Old 12-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #169
Senior LCF member

Jodi-
I think you're right about the anxiety being the cause of the hunger. I'm not only visiting my sister tomorrow (and staying over), but I'm bringing the cat with me! As you may know, cats hate to leave their territory, but this guy is so attached that it's better for me to take him there than leave him with the sitter (who can only give him limited time on the holiday).

I did this last year, and he did just fine, although I think he thought we'd moved because he seemed suprised when we came back home! However, getting his 'supplies' ready, etc., is a monumental undertaking, so I get very stressed over it all.

But it's already 3 pm here, so I think I've made it through OK (fingers crossed).
Old 12-25-2010, 07:00 AM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

Merry Christmas to all my friends.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:22 AM   #171

Good Morning to all of you JUDDDers on the Day After Christmas! I hope you all had a great Holiday, and I trust that you all worked this plan into your days and that JUDDD was kind to you.

It's an absolute delight to find a way of eating that is so completely simple to do, so accommodating to any lifestyle, allows for joining in the Feast on all Special Days, Celebrations, Festivals, etc. and is SO-o-o-o-o forgiving if you overindulge on occasion!

Personally, I love the lovely high fat foods that we love to post about over in the Main Lobby. It is truly wonderful to be able to eat all of those foods and not worry about it. BUT, I also love a lot of the *NO-NO* foods, and while some folks have come to peace with knowing they won't be able to enjoy those things again, probably ever, I'd rather know that I can work these things into my diet and still maintain myself.

I have developed a real fondness for DDs because I seem to have a lot of energy on those days and get tons of things done! They seem to have turned into my most productive days.

UDs are a pure pleasure as I know I can plan meals that include ANYTHING we want, or we can eat out (which we enjoy doing often in our old age LOL), and I can order anything that sounds tempting from the menu. What joy!

I'm just so happy I came across some mention of this plan, probably mentioned in some thread over on the Main Lobby.. and I came over here to see what it was all about.

Have a great day, Everyone. I'll come back to read your postings here, as you all inspire me, even if I'm on the run and don't have time to sit down and post anything myself. DH wants to go out to breakfast this morning, so I think most of my DD calories will be eaten for Brunch. Hard to figure restaurant calories so I'll estimate.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:20 AM   #172
Senior LCF member

SoHappy- I totally agree with you. Since I know I will have to always watch what I eat if I expect to maintain my weight (my body seems to want to be obese!), it's nice to have a plan that allows for the occasional indulgence.

My temperament is such that I don't think I could manage the idea that I could never eat certain things.

So I ate [actually, overate] with my family on Christmas, and enjoyed myself, but I also had a good DD on Christmas Eve and am planning a DD today. That should get me back on track. In absolutely don't regret any eating yesterday, and I also don't have any 'cravings' that everyone seems to experience when they eat high carb. In fact, I find that after a day of indulgence, my body seems to crave a good DD.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
SoHappy- I totally agree with you. Since I know I will have to always watch what I eat if I expect to maintain my weight (my body seems to want to be obese!), it's nice to have a plan that allows for the occasional indulgence.

My temperament is such that I don't think I could manage the idea that I could never eat certain things.

So I ate [actually, overate] with my family on Christmas, and enjoyed myself, but I also had a good DD on Christmas Eve and am planning a DD today. That should get me back on track. In absolutely don't regret any eating yesterday, and I also don't have any 'cravings' that everyone seems to experience when they eat high carb. In fact, I find that after a day of indulgence, my body seems to crave a good DD.

Apparently hardly anyone can manage this! On the Main Lobby board, week after week, there are postings lamenting the fact that somebody "cheated", or they are asking to be kicked because they had a weak moment and indulged in some off-plan food.

It's hard to be overweight, and it's hard to lose weight, and it's hard to maintain a constant weight once you've lost, but the JUDDDD program seems to allow for anyone to address both weight issues and eating issues in whatever manner feels most natural to them and actually works most easily for them.

I guess it is fair to say that the JUDDD Plan conforms to you and your preferences pretty well, rather than demanding you conform to it with a rigid list of what you can eat and what is forbidden. UD-DD-UD-DD works just fine. But switching it around from week to week to accommodate an upcoming cocktail party now and a fun summer festival (food booths) later will work just fine too. I love it!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #174
Blabbermouth!!!

I LOVE IT TO......
Old 12-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Hi judders.

I did also over indulged but really enjoyed the great traditions of my family!! Today I do have to admit I have a headache that kept me in bed and wonder if it's the added sweets I ate yesterday.

Dd today and I am going to attempt moderate day tomorrow to get back on track!!

Huge snow storm coming our way!! Kids r so excited!!
Old 12-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
Hi judders.

I did also over indulged but really enjoyed the great traditions of my family!! Today I do have to admit I have a headache that kept me in bed and wonder if it's the added sweets I ate yesterday.

Dd today and I am going to attempt moderate day tomorrow to get back on track!!

Huge snow storm coming our way!! Kids r so excited!!
I don't know where you live, but just wanted to say, "Stay warm and cozy!" And I understand about the kids being excited. There are so many fun things for kids to do when there is enough snow. Building snowmen if the snow is the right moisture content, and sledding are always fun, and building a snowFORT is the best! I remember once when I was little a HUGE drift formed in Daddy's garden, back behind the hedge. I dug a snow cave into it and then took one of Mother's old rag rugs to put on the floor. I brought out food and a book, and it was such a warm snug little spot.. I was in my snow pants and coat, of course.. and I got sleepy. Then I remembered that if I went to sleep there, I might freeze to death like the people who got lost in the Arctic wilderness, and I went back inside.

I hope your children have a wonderful time with the snow, and then enjoy cookies and hot chocolate when they come back inside. I have wonderful and happy memories of that, still, from my childhood.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:48 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Hey SoHappy!! I live in the north east and we got about 10inches and its still snowing. My little one is already ready to make a snowman.. I do remember going sledding when I was a kid. LOL we stayed outside for hours.. Now I am lucky if I make to my car without complaining!!!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 04:52 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Leo....I want to do a moderate day today to get back on track. I have attempted in the past without success. How do u approach it??
Old 12-27-2010, 05:58 AM   #179
Blabbermouth!!!

On my Md days I do around 1000 calories. I am having a dd today I had a md yesterday.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:07 AM   #180

My DD yesterday turned out to be a bit more than I'd planned on when friends dropped over (and we had a spontaneous party), so today is going to be a MD for me to sort of bring down the calories from yesterday into an average of two low-ish days. Then tomorrow I'll do another good and reasonable UD, and on from there. DH is going to have to eat the rest of the Christmas cookies and candies, a task he is willing to take on. I'm just hungry for fish and salad right now.

And I'm at the top of my maintenance pounds, so time to leave *Holiday Enjoyment Living* and get back to regular life and normal healthful foods in more moderate portions. I did up the calorie level of both DDs and UDs some during this time, enjoyed it a lot, so am not surprised I'm a bit heavier now as the result, though still able to maintain within range. A blessing of this plan.

DH and I will be leaving for our gyms shortly. He likes his gym full of machines and bodybuilders and noise, and I prefer mine which is smaller and quiet. I make use of the whirlpool, swim a lot, and use the sauna awhile, as well as the treadmill for awhile. He runs 4 miles at his gym and uses weight machines. He's in good shape for an old guy! I need to get rid of some tummy, so that's what I'll work on over these next few months.

Wishing you all a great day. Enjoy the snow, those of you who live in a Winter Wonderland right now. Such a peaceful and pristine view outside my windows this morning!