Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 04:09 AM   #121
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Jodi- I've always been jealous of my cats' ability to maintain their weight! My first cat was 11 lbs all of her almost 20 year life, even though I keep food available all the time. This guy is similar. They eat when hungry, and don't eat when they're not. I think cats are onto JUDDD because I've noticed with both of them that there are days when they hardly eat at all.

Now if I could just maintain as well as they do
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2010, 04:31 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
lol !!!!!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:34 AM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Or children. My grandaughter stops eating when she is full. and starts playing with her food. or gives it to her dog. She is 1 1/2 now.

DD today.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:53 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
Sounds like a lot of success out there this week. I'm so inspired by all of you.

Today's an UP. Not sure where that will take me yet. But, I make sure that whatever i eat stays under my allowed calorie count. Yesterday was a good DD. So far, I'm using almost all Atkins shakes on DD. They really do satisfy me and keep me on plan.

I'm down 9 #'s since starting 12/1. Bill is down 10.5#'s. We're both pleased with the results.

We are experiencing more energy, sleeping better and lower blood pressure.

This is a great way to live my life. I don't feel so deprived. This will be the 1st time that I can remember starting a 'diet' in Dec. Getting a jumpstart on my usual New Year's resolution to lose weight.

Have a great day all!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Daisy. I never make my children finish there plate or eat at all if not hungry.

Mona that is fantastic results!!!

I am on an upday and will do weight watchers points today. I will choose salads and lower carb options but I will not count carve just calories with using the pt system. I hope this works for me
Old 12-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #126
Senior LCF member

Mona- I started in December, too (2 years ago) because I thought JUDDD would be a good way to 'manage' the holidays, and I was right! I discovered that by having Christmas as an UD, I could eat without any stress or worry about calories, and I actually ate less than I anticipated! If I didn't do JUDDD regularly, I think I'd do it every November and December to 'handle' Thanksgiving and Christmas!

DD for me today, and I hope it helps me get rid of some water I seem to be retaining (pudgy fingers always a clue for me) before I get on the scale on Saturday. Even when I know the number is high because of water retention, I get depressed
Old 12-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #127
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Wow! I missed you guys and reading and posting here. Got a virus on my computer and it's been at the shop for almost two weeks, so I was happy to get it back on my way home from work yesterday.

I discovered that it is a BIG help for me to be able to check in here each day. I had thought I'd be trying to lose a few more pounds, but all I've managed to do is maintain within my maintenance zone, and I'm now pushing toward the top end of that! I just seemed to up the calories on both UDs and DDs, and, well, somehow it just doesn't work very well that way.

So I will get started back with a much tighter rein on the calories, and will start with today being a really good DOWN DAY. Just drinking hot tea so far.

Glad to be back. Hope you all are doing well. I'll read back through the posts today too. You folks always inspire me.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #128
Blabbermouth!!!

Mona congrats to the both of ya.

Leo I call my fingers sausage fingers when they look pudgie.

Sohappy I was wondering where you were.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:42 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Good Morning JUDDD'ers! Just stopped by on my way out, again.

Just want to add an amen to SoHappy and checkin' in and reading posts, really helps!!

Today is a DD for me too. I love the feeling of lightness I get, the anticipation of the choices on an UD, the good nights sleep following a DD. Love it.

Off to work....have a great day, UD or DD, make it a good one.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:42 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning g judders!!!

I had an okay up day yesterday. It could of been better.

DD today.... I will have a salad later tonight.

WhTs up with everyone else??
Old 12-17-2010, 07:30 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goddesslynne
Stats: 240/230/140 (52, 5'4", small frame)
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: 9/5/14
I'm almost a week in. I had a good UD yesterday - DH and I went out to lunch and I had a wonderful salad with grilled salmon. One of my food challenges is that I rely (and love) various protein bars, and I'm hoping over the next few weeks to phase them out and just eat "real" food.

Today is a DD (my 3rd) and I'm feeling fine! I am having my coffee with coconut oil (1 T) and have switched to a T of half and half in place of the HWC. I'm looking forward to having those calories later!!

My first 2 DDs I had the coffee in the morning and the rest of my food at night for dinner. Today is the first day of almost a week of rain here, so I may switch that up and have soup for lunch on DDs.

I know it's early on, but I'm feeling like this woe might be just perfect for me!!

<<<avi taken a few weeks before my 50th birthday at 165lbs!!
goddesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #132
Senior LCF member

Lynne- I love all protein bars, too, but I've had to steer clear of them because they are real 'triggers' for me. I think it's the sweetness, but whatever it is, I want to eat everything in sight!

I started using them to have something when I'm 'traveling,' and that works because I'll have one when there's no other food available (so I can't overeat). But I have to buy them just before I leave because otherwise they're just too tempting for me.

And these days I really try to stay away from all processed foods and eat as 'whole' as possible.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Lynne. U can use those calories anyway u feel comfortable. For me I do better fasting then eating one meal.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #134
Senior LCF member

And, unlike Jodi--who is in the majority--I eat all the time! Today is a DD, and it's 2 pm here, and I've just had my third "meal"--but that will hold me until tomorrow, as I tend to be a morning eater!

I've had 350 cal so far, and that should be my limit, but if I get desperate, I know I can have another 30-50 calories. I like to keep a 'reserve' because I find that if I think I can't eat, I begin to get anxious and nervous. About 98% of the time, I don't need my 'reserve,' but the mental comfort is important for me.

I really think the 'trick' to all this weight loss stuff (and maintenance) is finding how we function best and doing that, regardless of what everyone else is doing.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:52 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Hi judders

I had a good dd yesterday and planning on a good ud today. I am going to try and keep today I. Check because tomorrow is Xmas party I am hosting. Brunch with family.. I am really looking forward to eat. I plan on starting my fast after the part which should be some time in afternoon. I think this will decrease anxiety of eating and prevent the huge eating I usually do after everyone goes home. So we sill see if this strategy works

Weight is back into my range so I am happy a out that. I would like to be 1 pond below my range. I think that's just a phycogical thing. 1 pd below is 129 rather than 130.

How is everyone doing??
Old 12-18-2010, 05:57 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry for all the typos. I am using my iPhone and trying to not be all thumbs. It is pretty awesome that I can post anywhere!!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:40 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Congrats Jodi on being within your range!! I know what you mean, that extra pound below will be a wonderful victory!!

Today is an UD for me. I have an open house to attend this evening, so it worked out great! I think I like having DDs on Mon, Wed, Fri, with the weekend being "floating" between a MD and an UD. My days off from work are Thurs and Sun, so I never want them to be DD.

Next week will be a bit of a challenge, since I have family stuff Friday and Saturday. Any suggestions? I'm thinking MD both, but then how will I get back on my MWF routine for the following week? I suppose I could make the entire weekend 3 carefully controlled MDs.

I really appreciate this thread and all your advice!!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:47 AM   #138
Senior LCF member

Lynne-
I think you defeat JUDDD by 3 consecutive MDs. I'd actually make one of them an UD, and then just return to your rotation on Monday with your regular DD. It's the difference between calories (cycling) that makes this effective, so it's best not to have 3 consecutive anything.

Even when I've been on vacation and true DDs were really impossible, I tried to eat MUCH less on what would have been my regular DDs, and that seemed to work. I didn't gain and even lost a little (2 lbs) on a two-week cruise. So if you make one of these 3 days higher than the other 2, and then return to your regular rotation, I think that would work best.

But I'm no expert because my Weigh-In this morning had me at 161.5, which is a pound up from last week! It may be my issue with new meds, but it also may be the fact that I had a screwed up alternation this week because of some social events, and my DDs, while <500 cal, were higher than usual for me. Since 165 is my professed 'goal,' this isn't too bad, but I'd like to 'slide' down to 155 at some point. But I'm just going to take this one day at a time--which I've tried to do throughout my weight-loss journey.

Fellow JUDDDers! Yesterday was my 2-year anniversary on JUDDD--and I've lost 93 lbs total. That may not seem like much in 2 years, but keep in mind that I'm both post-menopausal (69) and hypothyroid, so losing isn't easy!
Old 12-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Fellow JUDDDers! Yesterday was my 2-year anniversary on JUDDD--and I've lost 93 lbs total. That may not seem like much in 2 years, but keep in mind that I'm both post-menopausal (69) and hypothyroid, so losing isn't easy!
OMG!! Congratulations to you Leo!!! 93lbs is an amazing loss, no matter how long it takes. I am looking to lose that much myself and I if it takes two years, so be it!

Lots of great advice on this thread. I'm about to conclude my 2nd week of JUDDD and the best part for me is that this is so doable. I honestly look forward to the DD to feel in control of my eating. On DD's I eat 2x a day. Looking forward to a substantial salad for dinner helps me to stay focused. Most of my hunger is between 11 and 3pm so I eat breakfast and then try to forget about food until dinner. That may not always work but right now it's perfect. I eat dinner with my husband then I don't feel resentful because he's eating and I'm not. Hope everyone is having a successful day.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:22 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: magentagirl13
Stats: 176.5/174/128.5
WOE: low carb JUDDD and IF (8 eating hours)
Start Date: 4/22/06; restarting 3/1/13
Wow, congrats Leo!

I'm stopping JUDDD...I'm pregnant!

I'll start back up again sometime, probably, but clearly it will be awhile.

xoxo
Carrollee
magentagirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Quote:
Lynne-
I think you defeat JUDDD by 3 consecutive MDs. I'd actually make one of them an UD, and then just return to your rotation on Monday with your regular DD. It's the difference between calories (cycling) that makes this effective, so it's best not to have 3 consecutive anything.

Even when I've been on vacation and true DDs were really impossible, I tried to eat MUCH less on what would have been my regular DDs, and that seemed to work. I didn't gain and even lost a little (2 lbs) on a two-week cruise. So if you make one of these 3 days higher than the other 2, and then return to your regular rotation, I think that would work best.

But I'm no expert because my Weigh-In this morning had me at 161.5, which is a pound up from last week! It may be my issue with new meds, but it also may be the fact that I had a screwed up alternation this week because of some social events, and my DDs, while <500 cal, were higher than usual for me. Since 165 is my professed 'goal,' this isn't too bad, but I'd like to 'slide' down to 155 at some point. But I'm just going to take this one day at a time--which I've tried to do throughout my weight-loss journey.

2011972j9411xtwvp.gif
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the great advice, Leo!!

And, congratulations Carrollee!!
Old 12-19-2010, 03:42 AM   #143
Senior LCF member

Congratulations, Carrollee
Old 12-19-2010, 07:37 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
Leo, what great results! Your journey shows just how effective this woe can be.
I'm 62 this month, so I know what you mean about how the body changes.
There is something about this plan that is attracting to 'long-time dieters'. I think it is the one-day down that is so doable. Most of us can do any diet for a day (and have over and over).
But, having the UP freedom without the guilt is a winner for me. and, I also feel good about the DD because it makes me feel better and i just plan my eating/menu for the following day.
I'm seeing so much more energy in my husband. He's wearing his skinny jeans. He even did the laundry yesterday and vacuumed! Now, that alone is worth a DD!
I'm so glad I found this thread and you guys. And Leo...you inspire me to keep on. You have enough JUDD history to help us make it happen.
Having a DD today. It'll be a good one. Hope you have a blessed day.
Mona
Ladysilverpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysilverpatch View Post
I'm seeing so much more energy in my husband. He's wearing his skinny jeans. He even did the laundry yesterday and vacuumed! Now, that alone is worth a DD!

Mona
AMEN!!
Old 12-19-2010, 10:20 AM   #146
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Lynne-

congrats on the weight loss and staying the course.
neither is super easy.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #147
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysilverpatch View Post
Leo, what great results! Your journey shows just how effective this woe can be.
I'm 62 this month, so I know what you mean about how the body changes.
There is something about this plan that is attracting to 'long-time dieters'. I think it is the one-day down that is so doable. Most of us can do any diet for a day (and have over and over).
But, having the UP freedom without the guilt is a winner for me. and, I also feel good about the DD because it makes me feel better and i just plan my eating/menu for the following day.
I'm so glad I found this thread and you guys. And Leo...you inspire me to keep on. You have enough JUDD history to help us make it happen.
Having a DD today. It'll be a good one. Hope you have a blessed day.
Mona
great post I enjoyed reading it.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Well, I didn't manage an UD and a MD this weekend, they were both pretty-much UD's.

However, even this morning I'm down 3lbs. from last Monday, so yay!! This week will be the challenge, with a dinner out on Wednesday (should be a DD, will probably be a MD) and then Friday & Saturday with family. I'm not gonna sweat it too much, as long as I avoid the "white stuff" I think I'll manage, and jump back on next Monday.

I've noticed that my UDs are easy, I don't have any desire to eat more than I might have anyway. That was my concern at first, but it seems to be working out just fine!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #149
Senior LCF member

goddesslynne- Congratulations on the weight loss--3 lbs is terrific! Your plans for the week sound fine. You notice that your two UDs on the weekend didn't hurt, and you'll probably do great this week as well. When I first started, all my weekends were UDs because it took me months to get the hand of a MD! Even now, many weekends are both UDs.

Today is a DD for me, and I'm hoping to get in 3 good DDs in preparation for Christmas. I don't plan to overindulge, but it will be nice to eat and not worry about calories or carbs--which I've enjoyed on holidays with JUDDD.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/155/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Good Morning All!

Well, I'm back in the saddle again. I managed to keep off the paltry 6 lbs I lost and now am back at it with a vengeance. This time round I'm going to do it without an MD, in other words one up, one, down, etc. Xmas Eve/Day might hamper me a bit but I'll be OK. I am also eating during a 5 hr window (12-5).

Leo: How did you personally determine how much your UD caloric count should be? This time I'm trying it at 35%, which is 641 cals, and at 1300-1400 for an UD. Think I will keep my carbs at 60 or less to start. I read that your DD should be about 50% less than your UD.