Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #91
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Kind- I am so sorry for you in having to deal with that very difficult illness with your mother. I have not personally experienced that sorrow, but I have two friends who have had to deal with it, so I know from their experience how devastating it can be for the care givers.

And you are absolutely right that when we have household disruptions of our regular schedule, it is very, very difficult to eat on plan. When my family was here for Thanksgiving, I experienced that situation.

Working a plan takes a lot of time and attention, but we usually don't realize that until we no longer have the option of focusing on ourselves.

Just enjoy this time with your loved ones as best you can because one thing you'll never regret in life is time spent with them. I wish you a peaceful holiday season!
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.
Start Date: April1 2013
Thank you Leo that was so nice of you to say.
Thanks.
Janet
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Just dropped in to say Hi .Ud today.I am enjoying it.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
Good DD for us. Atkins shake and a bowl of soup. About 440 cal. Have had my bath and looking for a good night's sleep. church tomorrow and out to lunch. But, it's an UP, so that's great.
Food just tastes so much better on an UP and it takes less to satisfy me than I would think. Keeping my UP's to about 2000 cal. When you're hungry, your body seeks real food instead of the junk.
Ladysilverpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:08 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Just a quick note, Work day and DD for me. I worked yesterday and when I actually sat down to eat last night, I ate too much and went to bed with a tummy ache:blush:! What am I, five??? Anyway...I feel better this morning and I'm looking forward to a DD and the feeling of lightness.

Hope you all have a lovely day!!!

Blonde~
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Has anyone here had good sucess with this in helping controle type 2 diabetes.

Amd how do you read someones stats: like 200/ 189/150 does that mean start
200 current 189 goal 150 ? and if someone just says 200 / 150 then does that
mean they started at 200 and now weigh 150 with no goal stated ?
E.W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #97
Senior LCF member

E.W.- In his book, Dr. J warns that some diabetics will not be able to use this plan. I'm not sure what his reasons are, but we've had several type2s on this board who have tried this and found their blood sugar not well controlled. However, others have reported success, so I guess it depends on the person.

My own sister couldn't manage this plan with her diabetes. In her case, the DDs drove her into hypoglycemia.

So if you decide to try this, please monitor yourself carefully.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
E.W.- In his book, Dr. J warns that some diabetics will not be able to use this plan. I'm not sure what his reasons are, but we've had several type2s on this board who have tried this and found their blood sugar not well controlled. However, others have reported success, so I guess it depends on the person.

My own sister couldn't manage this plan with her diabetes. In her case, the DDs drove her into hypoglycemia.

So if you decide to try this, please monitor yourself carefully.
I tried to start following the plan this past week and the first DD was not great for me. It brought back signs of hypoglycemia for me too. Before I began Atkins/low carb a year ago when my blood sugar would drop too low I would become a different person. I was miserable and would bite someone's head off in a second, along with physical pains in my shoulders and I would also get very shaky. When I began Atkins all of that disappeared and I never had any of those symptoms again until this past Monday when I did my first DD. My husband didn't tell me until my next DD that he wasn't going to be able to handle me like that every other day if my blood sugar did that. He told me how miserable I was and he even said that I haven't been like that in a long time and knew it had to be the restricting of the calories.

I do believe that eating low carb works but I do think that it has stopped working for me. I have been stuck between 156-158 since August. It took me from January through July to go from 169 to 159. I have tried Hhcg doing it "rogue" and that didn't do a thing for me. I do not count calories, do not over eat and I eat pretty low carb most days. The days that my carb levels are up is the day that I decide to have a piece or two of Ezekiel bread, other than that it is meat and veggies. I don't eat a lot of cheese or nuts. I do drink HWC in my coffee and refuse to give that up. lol.

I want to give the JUDDD plan another try but as I told Blonde with a Rose I really need to be prepared the next time I do a DD and possibly go with a lot of hard boiled eggs throughout the day along with possibly adding some HWC to my EAS shake.

Thanks for allowing me to vent!

Dawn

The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior.
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:29 AM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princessdmw33 View Post
I tried to start following the plan this past week and the first DD was not great for me. It brought back signs of hypoglycemia for me too. Before I began Atkins/low carb a year ago when my blood sugar would drop too low I would become a different person. I was miserable and would bite someone's head off in a second, along with physical pains in my shoulders and I would also get very shaky. When I began Atkins all of that disappeared and I never had any of those symptoms again until this past Monday when I did my first DD. My husband didn't tell me until my next DD that he wasn't going to be able to handle me like that every other day if my blood sugar did that. He told me how miserable I was and he even said that I haven't been like that in a long time and knew it had to be the restricting of the calories.

I do believe that eating low carb works but I do think that it has stopped working for me. I have been stuck between 156-158 since August. It took me from January through July to go from 169 to 159. I have tried Hhcg doing it "rogue" and that didn't do a thing for me. I do not count calories, do not over eat and I eat pretty low carb most days. The days that my carb levels are up is the day that I decide to have a piece or two of Ezekiel bread, other than that it is meat and veggies. I don't eat a lot of cheese or nuts. I do drink HWC in my coffee and refuse to give that up. lol.

I want to give the JUDDD plan another try but as I told Blonde with a Rose I really need to be prepared the next time I do a DD and possibly go with a lot of hard boiled eggs throughout the day along with possibly adding some HWC to my EAS shake.

Thanks for allowing me to vent!
Good Morning All!

Dawn, I would hate to feel like you did on your first down day. Mine was hard and I was grumpy, but mostly because I couldn't eat when I wanted to, kind of like I wanted to throw a tantrum. So far boiled eggs for breakfast and a big salad with chicken for dinner had been working for me, I had great results after my first week so I'll probably do the same this week. I hope you can find what works for you!

8.5lbsdown after the first full week on JUDDD, This is much more than I expected, in fact my expectations were extremely low. I told myself that even if I didn't lose any weight at all I would stay with it. Today is an UD for me and my goal is not to overeat again!
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 12-13-2010, 06:51 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Good morning everyone. I switched plans just a bit to last at least until the new year when the holidays are over and I'm back from my trip to Honduras. I had been thinking how in Honduras, Fast 5 would be a very easy plan to follow...in fact I did that last year while there and it went great. We take all our own breakfast and lunch foods and then in the evening we eat with the girls in the orphanage (wonderful meals!) so I won't want to skip those meals, in part because they are just delicious and in part because I don't want to offend the ladies who prepare it. I was going to just wait and do it there but this is a rather "distracted" time and with so much going on, I was finding it too stressful to pull off really good dd's (at least not without more stress than I need to add to my plate right now) so until we get back, I'm on Fast 5. I had mentioned that it was a very easy plan for me to follow and it really is. I don't overeat in the evening because my stomach can't hold it. I find I eat a meal and maybe a small snack and that's it. I've lost a pound doing this so I will continue. Heck, if I can keep losing, I may find I don't want to start back with JUDDD.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:23 AM   #101
Senior LCF member

Dawn- If you find DDs result in hypoglycemia problems (as with my sister), you might try simple calorie cycling without JUDDD. Someone here reported that when she did Weight Watchers, she had stalled and found out that someone did 'cycling' and it broke her stall.

If you did a simple cycling, you could just eat 'less than usual' every other day---but you wouldn't have to go as low as JUDDD prescribes. That might help lower calories enough for you to get losing again.

Blonde- WOW! That's a phenomenal loss. Good for you.

Leisa- I don't think there's any 'magic' to any plan. We all have to find what fits our bodies and our lifestyle. If you can lose on Fast5 and find it more convenient, then it seems to me that's what you should do. If I could find a better plan for myself, I'd switch in a minute.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:17 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: magentagirl13
Stats: 176.5/174/128.5
WOE: low carb JUDDD and IF (8 eating hours)
Start Date: 4/22/06; restarting 3/1/13
Hi everyone.

Blonde, that's a very impressive loss! WTG!!!!

I'm still combining Fast 5 and JUDDD, and it's going great for me. This week I lost 5.5 pounds, but a lot of that at the beginning of the week was water weight from the last week's salty food and poor eating choices. Of course, it was a DD yesterday which helped, but I'm happy to be getting these lower numbers. It's so nice to know that I have a little leeway with eating every other day, and as long as I stick with my scrambled eggs with cheese on DDs, I think I'll continue losing.

I'm drinking lots of water and taking lots of vitamins as well. But I am kind of wondering why I ever went off of JUDDD last year since even then I was losing nicely. But no sense in berating myself since I'm making progress now and it's making me happy. My aunt was in town this morning and said I'd lost a lot of weight, so it's nice to know it's showing.

Carrollee

magentagirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #103
Senior LCF member

Since some of you are reporting such big losses, I thought I'd add a warning for those who may get depressed that their losses aren't as big.

As Carrollee pointed out with her big loss, she thinks a lot of that was water weight from the previous week's poor food choices. Science is in agreement that the human body can only lose 2 lbs of FAT in a week. Any larger numbers are due to water or [horrors] muscle loss (which can happen on extreme diets--like *******).

Women are especially prone to water retention, and as we also know, often the body will retain water to fill empty fat cells temporarily. In the latter case, when that water is lost, the person may register a 'big' loss that is actually the result of several weeks of fat loss that hasn't shown yet on the scale.

For example, for a long time on JUDDD, I lost a pound a week. Then suddenly I didn't lose anything for 3 weeks, and I began to worry (since I'm hypothyroid, I can fail to lose if my meds are off), but in the 4th week, I lost 4 lbs. I realized that I had been losing a pound a week--and for some reason, my body had stored water as I lost. That happened two consecutive months, and then I returned to my regular way of losing.

My point is that it's important for each individual to keep a record of loss (I mark it weekly on a calendar) so that you can observe trends in your basic pattern of weight loss, keeping in mind that your body can occasionally respond differently.

Any time that I've lost more than 2 lbs within a week it's been after a holiday or vacation when I've been 'off' and stored water. I don't count those as 'fat' losses. I calculate my loss from my weight previous to the 'dietary indiscretions.' What's nice about JUDDD is that it seems to be especially forgiving of these times, and I am usually back on track with a couple of DDs.

Sorry to go on so long, but sometimes I think it's important to keep these things in mind. (I was just reading on another thread how 'depressed' someone was over what I see as a perfectly natural situation that the poster just doesn't understand.)
Old 12-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

today I restarted Judd. Today is down day and doing ok. wanting to eat but got to get this head thing going.
Mind at times rules the tummy.
Might try tredmil too after my second soup. we will see. take care.
kind
Old 12-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janetaz
Stats: 198/189/135 restart 207.5/197.5/149
WOE: coming back to JUDDD!!
Start Date: restart JUDDD 7/4/14
Hello!

Just wanted to poke my head here in the JUDDD thread. I did follow JUDDD earlier in the year and wanted to say that it really helped in a lot of different ways. I can't follow it right now because.......I am PREGNANT!!!

Not sure if it was JUDDD or eating more primal or both, but I received a wonderful surprise earlier this year. I am currently 8 months pregnant and due next year!

Hopefully, after the baby is here and breastfeeding, I can come back to JUDDD.

My memory is a little shaky right now, but I think I remember someone mentioning that JUDDD would help with regulating hormones, that might have done the trick for me. I just turned 40, so I wasn't sure that I could get pregnant.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and happy new year!!!

Thank you for keeping this group together!!!
janetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:42 AM   #106
Senior LCF member

Congratulations, janetaz!

Hormones are strange things, and I wouldn't be surprised if your WOE had helped you with getting pregnant. I've also heard that weight loss alone can help with fertility--but that may also be how the loss affects hormones.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:24 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goddesslynne
Stats: 240/230/140 (51, 5'4", small frame)
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: 11/30/13
Well, here I am!! I had my very first DD yesterday!! It was tough, but I did it!!

I look forward to sharing more with you all as time goes by.
goddesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #108
Senior LCF member

Isn't that a great feeling? Before I did my first DD, I was convinced that I'd die of starvation on <500 cal Completing my first one gave me such a sense of accomplishment--and control over food for the first time in my life.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:08 AM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

hey everyone. just so you know I am freezing today. Dd today I am enjoying my green tea.

It sure is cold in Indiana...............
Old 12-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: magentagirl13
Stats: 176.5/174/128.5
WOE: low carb JUDDD and IF (8 eating hours)
Start Date: 4/22/06; restarting 3/1/13
Congrats, janetaz! I'm ttc right now.

I'm down a half pound after yesterday's UD. Today will be an MD because I'm going to a party tonight---a pastry party in conjunction with the film "Kings of Pastry." So I know I'll have some bad food.
magentagirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Hi every one.It sure is cold here in Indiana.
Yesterday they closed all State roads.
This is the biggest snow fall that we have had in long time. But You know I love the changes in weather. My dd was yesterday and Idid ok.
Im gaving MOm a perm and hair cut.
I can not wait till house is back to normal.then really get back on eating healthy and lower calaries.. Take care.
Janet
Old 12-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #112
Senior LCF member

Janet: You were great to do a DD in your current situation.

The cold got to NY this morning, but although we saw our first snow, it was just a sprinkling.

I made soup today because this is the weather for it! And it's easy to keep the calories low when you control all the ingredients.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

I love soup. I even like the cabage soup{diet soup.
I should start making more home made soups in staed of buying. It just is easier for me to buy{Just to know the calarie count.
im watching the biggest loser. i love that show.

take care and always glad to read your post.
Janet
Old 12-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Janet I am freezing today.
How are you?

ud today. doing very good. Yesterdays dd was hard
all I thought about was food. Anyway I made it.I came
in at 475 calories.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just droppin' by to say hello on my way out.

Yesterday was a DD, I worked and stayed busy. I've been having two boiled eggs in the morning and then delaying as long as possible 5:00 or 5:30 in the evening to have my romaine, chicken breast with red wine vinegar and salsa. This has been my "go to" DD since the 2nd DD in the first week. The eggs tide me over and the salad at dinner seems positively decadent and delicious by the time I get to eat it. It fills me up and I sleep well. So happy that this works for me. On the first day, all I wanted to do was eat something. Now I know what I can have and I'm okay with that.

Everyone have a wonderful day today up or down, make it a good one.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Hi to everyone. It seems like things r going well

I did Judd about couple month ago. I have since been trying to figure how t

maintain. I am up a couple ponds but within my personal range. I have tried a few things without success to where I feel comfortable and balenced

So I have aplan that I think may Wk for ME!!

Mon,wed, Friday will be DD starting it at 5 pm the night before. I do much better with not eating and then having one meal before bed.

My up days have always been a problem for me. So I decided to go back go weight watchers and counting pts to give me a structure on these days! I will choose healthier foodd but be able to Aldo fit in special days.

Hi Leo!!!
I am finding maintenance very trying!!

Thanks for listening go me
Old 12-15-2010, 09:52 AM   #117
Senior LCF member

Blonde-
Your DD menu seems really nice--good protein will be filling, as you're finding. And you're right about the 'switch' in attitude making a difference. I found that once I had my DDs planned in advance (and I,too, have little variation in what I eat), I never felt 'deprived' in any way. I knew what I could have, and I was satisfied with it.

Jodi-
I'm still struggling with maintenance myself, and it's seeming more and more like permanent weight loss mode, which I wouldn't mind. I just want to settle on something that will work! I haven't gained, but that's only because I've been 'saved' by some good DDs.

Right now, I'm having a problem because a doctor prescribed a med for some headaches I was having, and suddenly I seem up a few pounds (which could be just a water fluctuation, but I'm worried). I checked on the side effects, and weight gain wasn't listed, BUT I found a site with patient reviews, and a LOT of people report weight gain! I will not take this if it causes weight gain; I'd rather chance the headaches.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:50 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Leo I hope the headaches go away!! How frustrating to start a new med and it cause Gain.

I too will not give up until I feel comfortable with my plan

How is the cat doing??

Hugs!!!!!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #119
Senior LCF member

Jodi- Thanks for asking about the cat! After about $2,000, I finally learned that he has about 54% loss of kidney function, but the specialist who did the definitive tests said they really only 'worry' when it gets to about 75%.

He absolutely refuses to eat prescription food, and the vets assure me that it's more important that he eat. They can't make a prognosis, so I don't know whether this is simply a trauma to his kidneys from tainted toys from China (my suspicion) or Chronic Renal Failure that would progress and kill him in a few years.

I am inclined to the former because since he showed symptoms in June, all his blood tests have been similar, suggesting that he's stabilized. His appetite remains good, and he's behaving "normally" (like a typically spoiled feline). So I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that he'll just stay this way. In any case, he's been through enough, and if he gets much worse, I don't intend to prolong his life unnecessarily.

For cats, quality of life is important, and if he has to be on meds constantly or having 'treatments,' it will be time to end it. I can't see an animal suffer, especially if he has a fatal condition.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

I am glad his condition stabilized. They do become so much part of our lives that it's hard to watch them suffer.
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote