Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 06:45 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
My husband, Bill, just weighed. He said he's down 6.6 lbs for his first week. We're both very happy with those numbers!
Ladysilverpatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2010, 06:48 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
QUOTE=Ladysilverpatch;14153781]My husband, Bill, just weighed. He said he's down 6.6 lbs for his first week. We're both very happy with those numbers![/QUOTE]

woohoo! great job you two!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:48 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysilverpatch View Post
I stayed on my DD even with the function I attended last night. It worked out fine.

So, today was my first weigh in after starting on 12/1. Lost 6 lbs. I'll take it! Sleeping better and feeling better.

This is something I can do. One day at a time. The beauty of it is how reasonable I can be on my UP. Not wanting to eat junk or overeat. Good, wholesome food in acceptable serving amounts satisfies me.

Today is an UP. Thinking I might go to Olive Garden for lunch....

Hope you all have a blessed day!
I went to Olive Garden yesterday and had the grilled chicken caesar salad! Passed on the bread sticks and croutons. It was delish! I think this plan is totally doable, congrats on your weight loss! How is your husband doing on the plan?
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:51 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
I eat my eggs boiled on dds for some reason it seems to fill me up.
but it takes about 15 minutes.

so Leisa try to eat your eggs slow on dds.
okay, I keep thinking that boiled might be better, but we're dealing with no stove at the moment and sub freezing temps outside where the burner on the grill is, so scrambling or frying them on the griddle inside is the preferred method at the moment! I guess I could stick them out there and then just run back and forth to check on them....maybe I'll boil some today.....since our stove went out, our egg supply keeps growing (we have two laying hens) so I have almost 2 dozen eggs at the moment to use.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:51 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OOPS, I missed the post on your DH Mona. WooHoo!! for you both!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:52 AM   #66
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Mona-
Wow! Those losses are terrific for both you and your husband. Alas, I've never seen a loss remotely like that, but I'm the poster girl for consistency leads to goal! It took me two years of JUDDD to get from 254 to 165, but I'm ecstatic because I haven't been under 200 in 35 years (and then only briefly). It's like I have a new life in retirement.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:31 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: magentagirl13
Stats: 176.5/174/128.5
WOE: low carb JUDDD and IF (8 eating hours)
Start Date: 4/22/06; restarting 3/1/13
I'm impressed with everyone's losses, including mine! I was back down to 167.5 this morning, even after my up day. So it only took me two days to lose the weight I gained in my four days of badness. Not that I'm using that as a free pass to eat badly!

Today is a down day and I'm on track so far. Had my coffee and my first bottle of water. I'm really thirsty these days. Our house is super dry!

Carrollee
magentagirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:35 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Mona-
Wow! Those losses are terrific for both you and your husband. Alas, I've never seen a loss remotely like that, but I'm the poster girl for consistency leads to goal! It took me two years of JUDDD to get from 254 to 165, but I'm ecstatic because I haven't been under 200 in 35 years (and then only briefly). It's like I have a new life in retirement.
Two years or not, your stats are awesome! Can you tell me a little bit about your "typical" down day. I know you said you eat once a day, usually but what do you eat? Salads? Protein? Veggies? Have you brolen the 165 mark, or have you been maintaining that for awhile? I like the idea of being able to maintain the loss using the same method, only less DD's. It is an amazing feat to lose 20lbs, 40 lbs. You lost a whole person. I need to lose a whole person too. DH is retiring in the next 3-4 years. I want to be slim and healthy for that as well. I haven't been under 200 for about 11/12 years. It seems impossible.

Today is my 2nd DD and I feel pretty good. I didn't wake up wondering, "OMG what will I eat? How can I last on 500 Calories"? I know I can last because I've done it. It was hard the first day and it wasn't because I was starving, it was just the idea of being calorie restricted that scared me. I don't know what I thought would happen...
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 12-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magentagirl13 View Post
Hi everyone! After reaching my low of 167.5, I had a horribly stressful 4 days and ended up putting on 3 pounds, but after my DD yesterday I was down 2 of those. So it's a UD today. However, I'm really not all that hungry and aside from coffee this morning didn't eat anything until just a little bit ago. I will be making it a UD and not an MD because I want to stick to a schedule.

I am not beating myself up about the end of last week although I know I could have made better choices.
Good for you! Beating yourself up is counter productive, it starts that yucky cycle of eating, guilt, eating because your guilty, more guilt, more eating.....
DD's, UD's, MD's....The flexibility of this plan is awesome.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #70
Senior LCF member

Mona-
You have me confused with most of the others--they eat only once on DDs. I eat all the time Seriously, I tend to be a 'morning eater' because years ago, I had meds to take with food, so I always ate breakfast. Now it's usually my biggest meal. At first I feared that I wouldn't be able to stay within my DD limit if I ate that early, but it hasn't been a problem.

I have two things I tend to do on DDs. This morning is the first. I had a 200 cal breakfast of a can of tuna (120 cal) mixed with some chopped celery and low fat mayo (that I 'doctor' with lemon juice, mustard, and hot sauce to improve the flavor and lower the calories). This is because I always emphasize protein on both UDs and DDs. to avoid muscle wasting when eating such restricted calories.

When I eat again, I'll have another 100 cal, either an egg white omelet (mixed with a T of chopped spinach in the microwave--so no fat added) OR some soup I have in the fridge.

I make homemade soup (and freeze it in 2 cup portions), usually from chicken, but this is from turkey. I've found that by adding vinegar (which I do when boiling the carcass, as it helps leach out the nutrients from the bones) and hot sauce, this soup is very appetite satisfying. I add some veggies. I think this one has some chopped spinach.

Some DDs I just have the egg white omelets all day (3x). I've been having the soup in the late pm because it's been so cold lately.

But this is basically my DD, and I eat 2x, sometimes 3x--and I try to stay between 300 and 350 cal. I drink black coffee all morning and hot green tea all afternoon (plain), and I find that helps a lot.

I got down to 165 about 2 months ago, and I was 161.5 last weigh in (163 at the doctor's office on Monday, but that was after an UD and with clothes on!). Everyone thinks I'm fine at 165, but I'd like to get down to 155--but very slowly. This may seem high because I'm only 5/4, but I have a lot of loose skin that adds weight but isn't really fat.

I intend to stay with JUDDD, but I ran into maintenance problems, and am starting over! Maintenance isn't easy, I've discovered. It has its own challenges. The ideal is to raise your DD calories until you're no longer losing. I was hoping to get to 600 cal DDs because the ' bad news' of weight loss is that you really can't raise your calorie level much higher than the level at which you were finally losing in order to maintain.

So I raised my DDs, but I suddenly found myself being much too indulgent on UDs. I had some social occasions at which I normally ate sparingly, and suddenly I was eating bread and desserts! Going back to low DDs saved me from gaining, but I don't want to maintain this way. So I've gone back to my usual JUDDD routine until after the holidays, and then I'll try maintenance again--raising DDs but keeping UDs the same.

I eat fairly 'primal' these days (it's been a process) avoiding all grains, dairy, and sweeteners--artifical or otherwise. I get my chocolate 'fix' from unsweetened baking chocolate--UDs only, and my 'indulgence' is almond butter (which I have to restrict carefully). I mainly eat fish, meat, egg whites, and veggies, and my added fat is mainly olive oil. I actually enjoy eating this way, and I feel great.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysilverpatch View Post
I stayed on my DD even with the function I attended last night. It worked out fine.

So, today was my first weigh in after starting on 12/1. Lost 6 lbs. I'll take it! Sleeping better and feeling better.

This is something I can do. One day at a time. The beauty of it is how reasonable I can be on my UP. Not wanting to eat junk or overeat. Good, wholesome food in acceptable serving amounts satisfies me.

Today is an UP. Thinking I might go to Olive Garden for lunch....

Hope you all have a blessed day!
WTG and the same to your husband

Last edited by dasiey; 12-08-2010 at 09:33 AM..
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Leo i always enjoy reading your story. And those of others. we all have been on a weight loss journey it seems.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #73
Senior LCF member

And I don't think there will ever be an end to this journey, dasiey. As I posted to Mona, I've found that maintenance has challenges of its own, so the process of not gaining weight is (for me) just as challenging as losing.

But I'm not depressed over this; I just consider it a part of how I live my life.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:37 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=Leo41;14155650]And I don't think there will ever be an end to this journey, dasiey. As I posted to Mona, I've found that maintenance has challenges of its own, so the process of not gaining weight is (for me) just as challenging as losing.

But I'm not depressed over this; I just consider it a part of how I live my life.[/QUOTE

t was me, being nosy about your eating habits :blush:

Maintenance is the key to it all. The stats show most people regaining their lost weight. I like the idea of being able to maintain with this plan. It's so disheartening to lose and gain it all back.......

Today is an UD. I did well yesterday, had a big salad w/Chicken for lunch, salsa for dressing and that was it. I was really busy and didn't think about eating again until right before bed. My tummy was growling like crazy and I told myself to get used to it and went to bed. Again I slept like the dead.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:14 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Good for you, Blonde!
Yesterday was a DD for me as well. I had my scrambled eggs with cheese (I made three this time, but not very much cheese) and salsa, and I'm glad I made three because while I was eating my three-year-old came in and demanded some!
I wasn't hungry, and wasn't even tempted by popcorn when we went to the movies last night.
And I'm down another 1.5 pounds! I know this weight loss pace won't keep up forever, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Carrollee
Old 12-09-2010, 09:45 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Glad to see we're all doing so well during this most stressful time of eating, the Holidays. With all the get-togethers. I do find that using foods like the Atkins shakes on DD's helps me.
Today is a DD for us. It was 12:30 before we were even ready to eat anything. We took an Atkins shake, added 4oz. of skim milk and 1 packet of Splenda. Make a LARGE tumbler full, is very filling and comes in at 205 calories. Holds us for a long time. It's delicious, keeps us out of the kitchen where we might be tempted. Sort of seals the deal as to what we're having.
We'll most likely have about 250 calories of some hot soup tonight.
Knowing we can really eat tomorrow is so key to get thru the DD for us. What a great plan. But, instead of 'pigging' out on UP's, we find ourselves 'honoring' our eating plan by making wiser food choices and passing up on stuff we might would have eaten otherwise.
Leo, you've done so well! What an inspiration.
Mona
Old 12-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #77
Senior LCF member

You should all be proud!

When I first began losing serious weight, my endo asked me what I was doing (I'm hypothyroid, and he checks me every 4 months). I explained JUDDD to him, and he thought it was a brilliant plan. He has a lot of patients like me who need to significantly restrict calories, and he thinks that the DD/UD concept is terrific for avoiding 'burn out' and making it possible to lose with our medical conditions.

He took all sorts of notes into his laptop (my chart) about the plan, and I suggested that he might explain JUDDD to his other patients in situations similar to mine. He said, "Those patients aren't willing to make the sacrifices you are. I know this is a good plan, but I also know it isn't easy, and in my experience too many people want weight loss to be easy."

So all of you should be proud to be among those who are willing to make sacrifices to achieve your goals.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You should all be proud!

When I first began losing serious weight, my endo asked me what I was doing (I'm hypothyroid, and he checks me every 4 months). I explained JUDDD to him, and he thought it was a brilliant plan. He has a lot of patients like me who need to significantly restrict calories, and he thinks that the DD/UD concept is terrific for avoiding 'burn out' and making it possible to lose with our medical conditions.

He took all sorts of notes into his laptop (my chart) about the plan, and I suggested that he might explain JUDDD to his other patients in situations similar to mine. He said, "Those patients aren't willing to make the sacrifices you are. I know this is a good plan, but I also know it isn't easy, and in my experience too many people want weight loss to be easy."

So all of you should be proud to be among those who are willing to make sacrifices to achieve your goals.
Leo, you're absolutely right! Sacrifices need to be made in order to lose weight. My support group on LCF talks about doing whatever works for you, but just do it....whatever works. I can tell this is going to work for me!
Old 12-10-2010, 06:33 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone. I changed my plan up this week and did 2 UD's in a row. Yesterday morning, I got up just knowing doing a DD was not going to work for me. Our schedule is changing and I am just off, but today is a dd and I will stick like glue to this one. I didn't overeat yesterday but munched throughout the day and had a normal size dinner last night.

We have two doctors appts and a ballet class today, so I will out of the house for a big portion of the day. I'll do either my usual eggs and green beans or an smoothie tonight depending on what I feel like. Probably the eggs as it is too cold for a cold drink!

Happy day to you all!
Old 12-10-2010, 06:51 AM   #80
Senior LCF member

I'm on a DD today, too, Leisa, but I had to go to the supermarket very early this morning because I was so low in things, and I hate doing that on DD--and especially because it's our coldest day of the year this morning But if there's no food for the cat, that's a crisis I don't want to deal with!

Being out of the house today should really help you. So far I've had 200 cal worth of egg whites (2 meals), and I have 100 cal soup for this afternoon. I'm hoping that will do for today.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:07 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm on a DD today, too, Leisa, but I had to go to the supermarket very early this morning because I was so low in things, and I hate doing that on DD--and especially because it's our coldest day of the year this morning But if there's no food for the cat, that's a crisis I don't want to deal with!

Being out of the house today should really help you. So far I've had 200 cal worth of egg whites (2 meals), and I have 100 cal soup for this afternoon. I'm hoping that will do for today.
haha! I know what you mean about the cats! If we don't have cat food, we do NOT want to come home without it.

I think it's going to be a very easy dd today. I look forward to it actually.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Today is an UD for us. But, since I have to work 3-11 tonight, it should be pretty easy. We're going out to lunch and that will hold me all day. just black cooffee this morning.
Hope you each stay good to plan today.
We can do this one-day-at-a-time!!
I'll post again later tonight.
Mona
Old 12-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! It's a DD for me as well. I was down a half pound this morning, and was enjoying weighing myself yesterday evening, fully clothed, with a sweater on, and STILL being under 170!

Scrambled eggs with cheese for my meal today, and I've had my coffee this morning. I have a lot of decaf tea and water to drink. It's chilly so I think I'll want the tea.

Carrollee
Old 12-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Eatin clean@ using the Nutri Bullet
Start Date: .Aug. 2012
Hi every one. You all are doing so well. Im not. just can not stay with this.Oh well life goes on. and Im a sniner with bad fat foods.
help I have fallen and can not get up.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #85
Senior LCF member

kind-
This may just not be the plan for you. I think that one of the secrets of successful weight loss is finding a WOE that you can live with.

Many years ago, one of my sisters lost 80 lbs with her doctor's help. He said to her, "What are your favorite foods that you must have in order to stick to an eating plan?"

I don't remember all the things she listed, but I know her list included pasta and chocolate chip cookies. Then the doctor (probably with the help of a nutritionist) gave her a 'personal plan' that included all her favorite things, but in reasonable portions.

She loved eating that way and successfully lost all the weight she needed to lose.

I don't think there's any 'magic' to low carb or JUDDD. I eat low carb only because I'm extremely sensitive to carbs, and I came to JUDDD because it's a good way to restrict may calories--which must be quite low for me, given my situation.

I think people can lose on any plan, but the secret is to find one that you can live with happily.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:35 AM   #86
Senior LCF member

Weekly Weigh In
I was the same as last week, 160.5, but although I'm eager to see the 150s appear on the scale, I'm not really disappointed. Last week I went down about 3 lbs--much of that water from my Thanksgiving carbs, I think.
Whenever I 'lose' more than one pound in a week, I know I won't see a change on the scale for a while. That's just how my body loses.

I know this because each Saturday morning (my weigh day), I write my weight on a calendar. This enables me to track 'trends' and see how my body works in this process.

This is my tip to fellow JUDDD-ers for today I have found my 'record' to be invaluable. For example, mornings like this are what make people 'give up' (according to what I read on these boards). It's tough to do something like JUDDD if you're very faithful and don't see the scale move down. But I've discovered these 'patterns' in my weight-loss journey, and that helps me understand why, for example, although I was on target all week with my calorie goals, there wasn't any scale movement.

The fact that I haven't weighed 160 since the 6th grade helps me be happy about today's number anyway
Old 12-11-2010, 06:07 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Leo, you are such an inspiration. Knowing that the scale doesn't always reflect changes your body is making is key, isn't it? I'm accepting that this isn't a 'quick fix'. It is going to have to be a lifeplan.
Yesterday's UP was fine. Today is DD. I find tha I do better having a couple simple meals like an Atkins shake on these days. Calories are counted for me. I don't spend my DD focused on counting calories and trying to get everything I can in for my 500. I just accept it's a non-eating day. So far, so good.
Toward the end of my DD, Bill and I do talk about the next UP and what we might want to enjoy within our calorie counts. That's fun.
Have a wonderful day! Remember, weigh once a week after a DD.(It's hard to stay off the scale, isn't it?)
Old 12-11-2010, 06:51 AM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning JUDDD'ers and Happy Saturday to you!

Yesterday was my 3rd DD and I'm happy to report that it was fairly easy for me. I worked so I was busy all day, I had two boiled eggs for breakfast then came home after work and had chicken breast and LOTS of romaine w/ vinegar and salsa...delish and filling. I'm a happy girl. For me the key to DD's is to be busy! I've had to get out of the house, away from the fridge and the television. TV is apparently a major food trigger. Not so hard when I work, but something I have to avoid on DD's...that old TV. I'm having coffee with my favorite low carb (but not low cal) creamer and I'm in heaven. This is a huge treat on my UD. To have coffee my way. Ahhhhh.

Kind~ I completely agree w/ Leo. Finding what works for you is the best way. Some do very well on Weight Watchers*, it's non restrictive and allows a variety of foods. I hope you find whatever works for you. Check out the 'December Give Yourself the Gift of smaller weight for Christmas' thread. What started out as a challenge thread turned into a lovely support group of ladies who are doing whatever works for them, supporting each other. It's nice!

Leo~ I feel like 500 calories can go a long way. I'm a little nervous about cutting back to 477 after the two week induction. I'm really hoping for a few pounds lost when I weigh in on Monday. That will be a great motivator for sure, but even if I don't, I like the feeling of "lightness' that I get during and after a DD, and I think this is a great way to reduce total calories without the obsession of counting counting counting daily. That's why WW* didn't work for me. I became obsessed w/ points and adding and subtracting exercise points etc. You seem to have your way of eating down to a science. No wiggling, just doing it. Congrats on you 3 pound loss from before!! WooHoo!

Mona~like you, I'm having a surprisingly easy time with this WOE (so far). I hope it continues that way. I'm sure boredom is my main enemy, so if I keep busy I'll be fine. I hope I can get my DH to come aboard, but he's in a "wait and see what the wife does" mode. I'll show him.

Carrollee~ Congrats on the loss! I want to weigh fully clothed and be happy with the results! Good for you!

Leisa~ I love the flexibility of this plan. Having a MD when necessary is awesome. Have a great day!
Old 12-11-2010, 07:34 AM   #89
Senior LCF member

Blonde- While I agree in general that DDs are easier when we're busy, I'm retired and usually home all day, and I actually find my M and Fri DDs are easier than Wednesday when I volunteer at our library for Literacy Volunteers.

Being able to make my tea whenever I want it makes the DD experience much easier for me than when I'm in a situation where it's difficult to do so. Of course, I don't watch TV--because I think that tends to allow our minds to rove toward food too easily.

I try to keep busy around the house, and I've discovered that if I'm really tempted, I can just clean the bathroom--that always works to take my mind off eating I just want you to know that it can be done when you're home.

Don't get anxious about reducing your DD calories. The difference between 500 and 477 is too small to make any real impact. I'd do it only when I 'felt' like trying it and not worry about it otherwise. One thing you don't want to introduce into this plan is anxiety.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Eatin clean@ using the Nutri Bullet
Start Date: .Aug. 2012
Leo
You know I think this plan along with Eat to live would both work for me. Eat to live alot of Vegges and fruits.
The low calories on dd Is pretty easy for me. which I can go on a fast up to 6 days . And uds work also for me when i can eat more veggs and soups ect. I also keep proteins on both days when i do stay with it.
I think I fell back off because I have family here so I seem to eat more.and not Eat like I was.
Plus my Mom is here till Jan.1st or so. she has Alzheimer's disease.I know Im losing Mom so bare with me. I will do this with you and hope You find me helpful too.
Kind
kind is offline   Reply With Quote