Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: mid west.
Posts: 1,313
Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi Every one.
Today is an dd for me.I just got whey protein powder and silk{ light{. Going to start next few days and have 1 as a meal replacement.or as my dd day to keep low{3OO cals or less.
Going to re sart curves Monday and get this body moving to a healthier life style.At least thats the plan.
Today have to put the tree up and get busy on helping Santa.
Good job you all are doing.
And Welcome to all New comers.
Kind
kind is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!
 
LBishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western NC, USA
Posts: 1,501
Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hey Good Morning Leo~

I would like to join this group and try the JUDDD, low carb style. My support group thread was pretty quiet yesterday so I went snooping and found this one. Of course I'm going to start my down day tomorrow so I can get some Atkins shakes and stuff. DO you have any suggestions for first time, first week out? Also, what is a MD day?

Your numbers are very impressive, and while I'm sure this hasn't been an easy journey for you, it has obviously been successful so far. I can't imagine how many times you've answered these same questions in other threads...so thank you in advance for your advice.
Welcome Blonde with a Rose! I'm not Leo but I thought I'd jump in and say hi and welcome. I also can address your questions at least from my perspective. As for handling the first week or so, my advice would be to start when you know stress will be at a minimum because at least for me, it's harder to have a dd when I'm stressed (at least in the beginning) Also pms week would be a very bad time for me to start (ymmv) Stay busy. Slow days are harder especially in that first week. Some people find drinking more gives them something in their tummy to ward off hunger. I however, find that having nothing helps me get through better. You really have to find what works best for you and don't assume that if it works for others it will for you. It's very individual but that's another beautiful thing about JUDDD. It offers something for everyone and is VERY forgiving! MD is a medium day. Some people use a MD to switch their dd's and ud's to different days by adding in a md. Most (I think) make a dd be about 50 percent of an ud (not sure on that one as I've never intentionally done a md. : )

Hope this helps.
__________________
Leisa 151 150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,772
Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Welcome Blonde with a Rose! I'm not Leo but I thought I'd jump in and say hi and welcome. I also can address your questions at least from my perspective. As for handling the first week or so, my advice would be to start when you know stress will be at a minimum because at least for me, it's harder to have a dd when I'm stressed (at least in the beginning) Also pms week would be a very bad time for me to start (ymmv) Stay busy. Slow days are harder especially in that first week. Some people find drinking more gives them something in their tummy to ward off hunger. I however, find that having nothing helps me get through better. You really have to find what works best for you and don't assume that if it works for others it will for you. It's very individual but that's another beautiful thing about JUDDD. It offers something for everyone and is VERY forgiving! MD is a medium day. Some people use a MD to switch their dd's and ud's to different days by adding in a md. Most (I think) make a dd be about 50 percent of an ud (not sure on that one as I've never intentionally done a md. : )

Hope this helps.
Leisa, thank you!! Tomorrow will be a perfect day to start, no work for me, no pms and definitely I can stay busy. I'm pretty excited about doing this. I wondered what would happen if Christmas day turned out to be a DD, now I know I can transition w/a MD. So "no cal" drinks, black coffee, water...all those things will help. Do you find it easier to wait until you are really hungry to have that first shake?
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!
 
LBishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western NC, USA
Posts: 1,501
Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Leisa, thank you!! Tomorrow will be a perfect day to start, no work for me, no pms and definitely I can stay busy. I'm pretty excited about doing this. I wondered what would happen if Christmas day turned out to be a DD, now I know I can transition w/a MD. So "no cal" drinks, black coffee, water...all those things will help. Do you find it easier to wait until you are really hungry to have that first shake?
On dd's, I don't eat anything at all until evening. I just eat one meal and then a small snack. I like the Fast 5 plan where you only eat within a 5 hour period but find JUDDD helps me lose faster, so on dd's, I do a Fast 5 thing with my calories. It's a personal thing and it fits for me naturally as I don't eat alot until late afternoon naturally anyway. On UD's, so far, I am not doing Fast 5 but I do wait until I'm hungry which is usually later in the early afternoon, but find that sometimes I'm hungry first thing.
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,772
Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Thanks, lots of good info...I'll definitely wait until I'm hungry.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: mid west.
Posts: 1,313
Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi all.
I was just looking at sites here and I just read recipes for DD with calarie count.
That is so helpfull.
Im going to be really trying hard the rest of this month to stay with using Judd . Im going to make the Broccoli and Cauliflower soup. for the whole thing{ 282. thats great.
Keep the recipes comimg and lets keep talking. It helps to have buddies and get to know one another.
Hope I don't slip again. I do great for few days and bang.

kind
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #37
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,717
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Hi Blonde with a Rose-
Sorry I wasn't around to answer you initially. You'll find that people here do a variety of things on DDs. For example, I found that I could not do the shakes as Dr. J recommends because 1) my body seems to demand 'real food'; 2) I discovered that all sweeteners, even artificial, make me hungry (I think it was the low calorie of DDs that made it apparent).

The recommendation for shakes is (as you may know) because research shows that most people overestimate their caloric consumption, and it is essential to stay <500 cal for at least the first 2 weeks of DDs on this plan.
My solution is that I never eat anything on a DD unless I know the exact calorie count.

If shakes work for you, most people find that very convenient.

I came to JUDDD because I'm post-menopausal and hypothyroid and need to seriously restrict calories. Because of that, I emphasize protein on both UDs and DDs and eat low carb all the time. I find that the protein helps keep my appetite under control; other people do 'volume' foods like veggies and salads.

Many people here eat only once on a DD, but I find that I do best with eating a little at least 2x, often 3x. I tend to be a morning eater, too. I also find that hot beverages are filling, and fortunately I have always had my coffee black and my tea plan. I drink coffee all morning and green tea all afternoon.

You are absolutely correct that you can change your rotation (using either a MD or two UDs in a row--never two DDs) to make sure that any special event or holiday falls on an UD.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions that occur to you. Good luck!
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,772
Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Hi Blonde with a Rose-
Sorry I wasn't around to answer you initially. You'll find that people here do a variety of things on DDs. For example, I found that I could not do the shakes as Dr. J recommends because 1) my body seems to demand 'real food'; 2) I discovered that all sweeteners, even artificial, make me hungry (I think it was the low calorie of DDs that made it apparent).

The recommendation for shakes is (as you may know) because research shows that most people overestimate their caloric consumption, and it is essential to stay <500 cal for at least the first 2 weeks of DDs on this plan.
My solution is that I never eat anything on a DD unless I know the exact calorie count.

If shakes work for you, most people find that very convenient.

I came to JUDDD because I'm post-menopausal and hypothyroid and need to seriously restrict calories. Because of that, I emphasize protein on both UDs and DDs and eat low carb all the time. I find that the protein helps keep my appetite under control; other people do 'volume' foods like veggies and salads.

Many people here eat only once on a DD, but I find that I do best with eating a little at least 2x, often 3x. I tend to be a morning eater, too. I also find that hot beverages are filling, and fortunately I have always had my coffee black and my tea plan. I drink coffee all morning and green tea all afternoon.

You are absolutely correct that you can change your rotation (using either a MD or two UDs in a row--never two DDs) to make sure that any special event or holiday falls on an UD.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions that occur to you. Good luck!
Oh thank you! I did buy some shakes today but I also looked up the calorie counts for boiled eggs and chicken breast...I'm not a sweet eater by nature and a full day of shakes would not be as good to me as someone who likes sweet stuff. I bought some more tea and I imagine it will be a staple. I'm really looking forward to starting tomorrow...I keep losing and gaining the same ten pounds over and over...I'd like to make some real progress. I also plan to stay low carb in the 30 to 50 range on my UD's. Thanks for the great info, I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go along.
__________________
Modified L/C 11/2014
If at first you don't succeed, for heaven's sake don't give up!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!
 
LBishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western NC, USA
Posts: 1,501
Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
I am SO glad i got back on track and have stayed on track (I think this makes my 5th or 6th solid dd! yeah! I need to look back at the Nov. thread and see for sure but I am feeling SO good about this now. My relationship with food is changing. I don't feel so "in need" of eating on dd's. Today, I had to drop my daughter off at 3:30 to go to a concert with a friend and my plan was to go to the grocery store and then come home, have my usual dd food and then go to bed early as usual. : ) Instead, after getting groceries, I remembered it was our week to work at the local soup kitchen tonight and so I ran home, fixed my daughters some quick tortilla pizzas and off we went! I came home at 7:30, had a can of 120 calorie soup, then a little later had a granola bar with a cup of coffee with 35 calorie creamer in it and I was done! It was no big issue! I think what is making the difference for me this time is the 9 days of a full fast I did a few months ago that made me remember that I don't have to have food by a certain time on my dd's. If I can go 9 days, I can go one day...easy!

Just had to say how good it feels. I do wish the weight was coming off a little faster but it's really coming off at a pretty good rate so I shouldn't complain. I was very bloated at 151.5 when I started, then got bloated again and went off plan and was up to 153 and yesterday reached 146.2. I think the stomach thing caused that and I don't expect to see that again for a few days. Tomorrow, I expect a 147, probably. Gonna be a busy ud tomorrow!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:23 AM   #40
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,717
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Blonde with a Rose-
I was in your situation when I started JUDDD 2 years ago. I was at 254, but had gotten down to 240 and then just went back up over 250--over and over again for almost a year! I knew that in my situation, it was important to restrict calories significantly, but that was too frustrating on a daily basis. JUDDD solved that problem for me.

I began on 17 Dec., and what amazed me was that although I made Christmas Day an UD, I was so 'liberated' by not having to watch myself that I actually ate less than I normally would have. JUDDD takes all the stress out of those special meals, and I discovered that it was the stress of worrying about eating too much, etc., that resulted in overeating.

During my time with JUDDD, I've not only gained a sense of control over food for the first time in my life (thanks to DDs), but I've also gained a lot of insights into my 'food issues.'

I hope your experience with JUDDD is also satisfying for you!
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:16 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,704
Gallery: DesertGurl
Good Morning!
I would love to join in here if I can. I will begin JUDDD tomorrow after I get supplies.

I have struggled so much with gaining and losing the same 10-15lbs..seems as if everything goes well those first few and then I stop losing altogether, gain it back, and lose it again, on and on it goes. So frustrating! My defense tends to be after awhile to give up and say forget it, I'll just be big, I'll just be overweight and unhappy. I'm worth more than that! So, with that, I set about trying to find something that I can live with that can hopefully help me with the food issues that I seem to have struggled with, well, forever. It will feel good to be free!!

Leo, I have to say, reading your post this morning solidified that I made the right choice, that I believe I've found what is right for me. Thank you!

Looking forward to getting to know you all here and losing together!

P.S. Blonde!

♥danielle
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #42
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,717
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
DesertGurl!

I hope you've come to the right place! Feel free to ask any questions you may have as you get going with JUDDD. I think a lot of this weight loss business involves finding the right plan for your body--something that works for you and that fits your temperament.

Personally, when I did my first DD at <500 cal two years ago, it was an epiphany for me because I never believed I could eat that little and not starve to death! It gave me a sense of control over food that I'd never before had in my life--even when eating low carb religiously.

I hope you have similar revelations!
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!
 
dasiey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 6,005
Gallery: dasiey
Hi and welcome to all you new comers to Juddd.

Dd for me today. I'm sipping my tea because I am freezing.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,772
Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Well shoot, I posted a lengthy message this morning and it never showed up, darn it.

Welcome Danielle! I'm so excited you're joining us here!

Today is my first DD. I've already used 210 calories. I need something in my tummy first thing, to take medicine in the morning. I feel good. I learned that vanilla protein shakes do not replace coffee creamer, I ruined the coffee and the shake. Went with green tea instead. I guess I'll be having coffee my way on UD.s Leo thanks for the good info and the support. I know I can do this. The only thing I'm unsure of, will I lose weight? This is something I can follow always, not just until the weight is gone. By all descriptions, it is a good for you way of eating. If I can see some results, it will make it all worth the effort. I know the first two weeks are hard core, but after the initial weight loss is there an average loss per week or month?

Leisa~ 9 days of fasting, that's amazing. I've never fasted longer than 48 hours and not for many many years. Congrats on being back on track!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!
 
magentagirl13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 2,188
Gallery: magentagirl13
Stats: 176.5/174/128.5
WOE: low carb JUDDD and IF (8 eating hours)
Start Date: 4/22/06; restarting 3/1/13
Well hey Danielle! I've really missed you!!!!!

Doing a DD today after a ridiculous weekend, but getting back on plan. Also drinking my water.

Hope everyone is having a happy Monday!

Carrollee
magentagirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #46
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,717
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Blonde-
Everyone loses weight differently. In his book, Dr. J claims that the 'average' weight loss on the program is 2 lbs a week, but I lost just about a pound a week (keep in mind that I'm a very slow loser).

Also, beware if you tend to weigh yourself often because with JUDDD there are wide fluctuations on a daily basis--more so than other plans. Dr. J recommends weighing only after a DD, and I've weighed weekly throughout my time on JUDDD--always after a DD. If I were really strong, I'd weigh only monthly, but I worry about my thyroid problems possibly messing me up, so I try to keep track more closely.

Note, too, that our bodies respond differently at times. I was steadily losing a pound a week ( 4 lbs a month) when suddenly I didn't lose anything for 3 weeks, but that 4th week, the scale was down 4 lbs--the same total for the month. That happened twice in a row. I've learned to just stay on plan and not worry too much what the scale says because it has always evened out in that way over time. (I actually do worry a little, which is why I weigh weekly, because if my T3 [a thyroid hormone] drops too low, I can actually gain rather than lose--which is something that happened to me a few years ago--pre-JUDDD--so I watch the scale more than I should for that reason.)
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,772
Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Blonde-
Everyone loses weight differently. In his book, Dr. J claims that the 'average' weight loss on the program is 2 lbs a week, but I lost just about a pound a week (keep in mind that I'm a very slow loser).

Also, beware if you tend to weigh yourself often because with JUDDD there are wide fluctuations on a daily basis--more so than other plans. Dr. J recommends weighing only after a DD, and I've weighed weekly throughout my time on JUDDD--always after a DD. If I were really strong, I'd weigh only monthly, but I worry about my thyroid problems possibly messing me up, so I try to keep track more closely.

Note, too, that our bodies respond differently at times. I was steadily losing a pound a week ( 4 lbs a month) when suddenly I didn't lose anything for 3 weeks, but that 4th week, the scale was down 4 lbs--the same total for the month. That happened twice in a row. I've learned to just stay on plan and not worry too much what the scale says because it has always evened out in that way over time. (I actually do worry a little, which is why I weigh weekly, because if my T3 [a thyroid hormone] drops too low, I can actually gain rather than lose--which is something that happened to me a few years ago--pre-JUDDD--so I watch the scale more than I should for that reason.)
Good to know! When I'm feeling good I weigh once week, when I'm feeling bad I avoid the scale like the plague. My plan is once a week after a DD. I would happy with 1 pound a week, it's certainly in the right direction, slow and steady and all that...
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member
 
Ladysilverpatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: SC
Posts: 102
Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
Hi Blonde with a Rose. I'm new here too. Started JUDD on 12/1. It's going just great. My hubby is doing it as well. He doesn't have as much to lose as me. My first goal is to get back into onederland and then decide where to 'land'.

For some reason, this eating plan suits me. Maybe that's why I always do well on intermittant fasting or CA. My body does well with little or no food for awhile as long as I know that I can eat freely later.

I'm trying to make sure of my calorie count on UPs. It seems that it is taking less to satify me. So, my DD's are <500 and my UP's are <2000.

I will say that just a few days in I'm sleeping better and a little more energetic. I'll take it!

Today was an UP. Stayed <2000. Tonight's dinner was homemade potato soup. Hit the spot on this cold night.
__________________
Mona
Ladysilverpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:45 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,772
Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysilverpatch View Post
Hi Blonde with a Rose. I'm new here too. Started JUDD on 12/1. It's going just great. My hubby is doing it as well. He doesn't have as much to lose as me. My first goal is to get back into onederland and then decide where to 'land'.

For some reason, this eating plan suits me. Maybe that's why I always do well on intermittant fasting or CA. My body does well with little or no food for awhile as long as I know that I can eat freely later.

I'm trying to make sure of my calorie count on UPs. It seems that it is taking less to satify me. So, my DD's are <500 and my UP's are <2000.

I will say that just a few days in I'm sleeping better and a little more energetic. I'll take it!

Today was an UP. Stayed <2000. Tonight's dinner was homemade potato soup. Hit the spot on this cold night.
Hi Mona! Yes, I read that you recently started with your husband, That impressed me. My DH scoffed when I told him I was going to do this...he needs to lose some weight but not as much as me. I told him he can watch my progress and come on board when he believes. I too slept well last night, kind of like the dead. Not much to digest so no tummy troubles in the night. Today is my up day. I plan to stay low carb, between 30 and 50 gms. I am not hungry this morning, and I'm going to delay breakfast if I can. Yesterday was hard, I'm so used to eating when I want to. Better to wait later in the day to use my 500.

I have a question for Leo or Leisa~ my DD calories according to the calculator on the Dr. Johnson website is 477. Is that what I shoot for after the initial two weeks on the program? Or do I stay at 500?

Have a good day, everyone!

Blonde~
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:27 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!
 
dasiey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 6,005
Gallery: dasiey
Blondie I have been doing juddd for awhile and I stay at 500 or less its really up to you.
Dr. j says its better to fast. I know it would be hard for me to fast. So he allows 500 or less on your dds.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:07 AM   #51
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,717
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Blonde- I stayed with my calculator number throughout. My first number was 435, and since the first two weeks is 500 or less, I just did 435 from the beginning.

After I'd lost about 40-50 lbs, I checked again, and my calculator # was 370, so I went down to that. It may seem very little to you now, but after a year at 435, I had no problem at all going lower.

Keep in mind that the UD number is an 'estimate' and not a recommendation. If I used that number for my UDs (about 2000), I would have gained rather than lost! I already knew how much I could eat and lose, so I based my UD on that number.

Some people don't count at all on UDs, but I have to because I have metabolic problems, so it may not be necessary for you to count. However, some posters here have found their UD number too high and tried to 'stuff themselves,' thinking that they had to achieve that intake for an UD. That's not true. You should be able to eat anything, but eat only to satisfaction.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:25 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,772
Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Blonde- I stayed with my calculator number throughout. My first number was 435, and since the first two weeks is 500 or less, I just did 435 from the beginning.

After I'd lost about 40-50 lbs, I checked again, and my calculator # was 370, so I went down to that. It may seem very little to you now, but after a year at 435, I had no problem at all going lower.

Keep in mind that the UD number is an 'estimate' and not a recommendation. If I used that number for my UDs (about 2000), I would have gained rather than lost! I already knew how much I could eat and lose, so I based my UD on that number.

Some people don't count at all on UDs, but I have to because I have metabolic problems, so it may not be necessary for you to count. However, some posters here have found their UD number too high and tried to 'stuff themselves,' thinking that they had to achieve that intake for an UD. That's not true. You should be able to eat anything, but eat only to satisfaction.
Thank you Daisiey and Leo!

I figured the DD count would reduce as one loses weight. For now I'll be thrilled with the enormous 500 calories per DD that I'll be given and switch down to 477 starting the third week. I'm really happy to be doing this. I don't plan on counting my UD calories. I hate obsessing over numbers but I can manage it every other day. Low to moderate carb for me.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!
 
LBishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western NC, USA
Posts: 1,501
Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
okay, DD, BUT don't know what is up today but the hunger is OUT THE ROOF! I don't know if I will make it. I had 2 eggs, scrambled a little while ago and it is not making a dent in the hunger!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,772
Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
okay, DD, BUT don't know what is up today but the hunger is OUT THE ROOF! I don't know if I will make it. I had 2 eggs, scrambled a little while ago and it is not making a dent in the hunger!
Get busy, Leisa....leave the house if you're home...run errands, go to the library, but if your stuck at a desk, yikes that's hard. Drink tea, water, chew gum. Walk on your lunch break. Remember, tomorrow is a good breakfast and lunch and dinner. Today is the day to make yourself healthy.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:27 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!
 
LBishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western NC, USA
Posts: 1,501
Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Get busy, Leisa....leave the house if you're home...run errands, go to the library, but if your stuck at a desk, yikes that's hard. Drink tea, water, chew gum. Walk on your lunch break. Remember, tomorrow is a good breakfast and lunch and dinner. Today is the day to make yourself healthy.
Thanks! I've made it this far...I'm home...homeschooling my kids and feeding them lunch, etc.....Shortly after that post I went outside and talked to my chickens for a few minutes with a cup of coffee with some creamer in it...that helped. I feel better now. Still hungry but the gnawing hunger passed. I will stay busy...tonight I'm taking the girls to swim team practice so I will be out. That will help. Thanks for the encouragement! I honestly didn't think I"d make it earlier...now I do. : )
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!
 
magentagirl13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 2,188
Gallery: magentagirl13
Stats: 176.5/174/128.5
WOE: low carb JUDDD and IF (8 eating hours)
Start Date: 4/22/06; restarting 3/1/13
Hi everyone! After reaching my low of 167.5, I had a horribly stressful 4 days and ended up putting on 3 pounds, but after my DD yesterday I was down 2 of those. So it's a UD today. However, I'm really not all that hungry and aside from coffee this morning didn't eat anything until just a little bit ago. I will be making it a UD and not an MD because I want to stick to a schedule.

I am not beating myself up about the end of last week although I know I could have made better choices.
__________________




176.5...175...174...158.5...142.5...128.5
magentagirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #57
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,717
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Leisa- A comment this late probably won't help you much, but I had a similar experience with yesterday's DD. I was so famished all morning that I doubted I could complete a DD, but as the day progressed, the hunger lessened enough so that it became an 'ordinary' DD. I've had this experience a few times recently, and it's resolved similarly, so the lesson I've gotten is not to panic and try to see it though.

Magentagirl- One nice thing about JUDDD is that those DDs can quickly make up for a temporary 'dietary indiscretion.' By staying with the rotation, I've never had any problem getting back to losing.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!
 
LBishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western NC, USA
Posts: 1,501
Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Leisa- A comment this late probably won't help you much, but I had a similar experience with yesterday's DD. I was so famished all morning that I doubted I could complete a DD, but as the day progressed, the hunger lessened enough so that it became an 'ordinary' DD. I've had this experience a few times recently, and it's resolved similarly, so the lesson I've gotten is not to panic and try to see it though.

Magentagirl- One nice thing about JUDDD is that those DDs can quickly make up for a temporary 'dietary indiscretion.' By staying with the rotation, I've never had any problem getting back to losing.
Leo, No! not too late at all! Actually I have found that also to be true to some degree. If not I would have eaten my chair by now, lol! I've had more calories today that usual and I'm sure I'll have closer to 500 today (up to 350 now) but that's ok! I'll be leaving in about an hour so that is going to help tremendously. Thanks Leo!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!
 
dasiey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 6,005
Gallery: dasiey
I eat my eggs boiled on dds for some reason it seems to fill me up.
but it takes about 15 minutes.

so Leisa try to eat your eggs slow on dds.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:31 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member
 
Ladysilverpatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: SC
Posts: 102
Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
I stayed on my DD even with the function I attended last night. It worked out fine.

So, today was my first weigh in after starting on 12/1. Lost 6 lbs. I'll take it! Sleeping better and feeling better.

This is something I can do. One day at a time. The beauty of it is how reasonable I can be on my UP. Not wanting to eat junk or overeat. Good, wholesome food in acceptable serving amounts satisfies me.

Today is an UP. Thinking I might go to Olive Garden for lunch....

Hope you all have a blessed day!
Ladysilverpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.