Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
hey everyone. My dd went very well also.
Go us!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
Hello,

I am trying JUDDD for the holidays. I'm maintaining my weight so my down days are at 700-750 calories to start. Yesterday was my first up day and this morning I'm up 1.6 lbs, which is a lot for me. I know it's water weight because I had a small amount of bread and candy but otherwise did not overeat. I was wondering your experiences... I was hoping to be able to introduce some carbs on my up days but don't like the weight gain the next day. Does the body adjust after awhile so you don't see dramatic fluctuations day to day or do are you only concerned with a weekly average?

Thanks,
Sally
Sally, I know that Dr. J highly recommends not weighing after an ud for that reason. I find 1 1/2 pounds to be a pretty normal gain for me too after an ud. He recommends only weighing once a week after a dd. I however, weigh every day. I'm just compulsive that way but I know not to worry about the ud weight too much as long as the dd's are heading in the right direction and I see a new low every week.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #93
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Hi Sally-
I try to weigh only once a week, and, as Leisa says, always after a DD. Although I don't eat carbs (usually), I find that there are significant fluctuations on JUDDD from day to day, but by weighing each week on the same day and at the same time, I can get a fairly accurate sense of my weight.

This is not a low carb plan, but anytime you're eating low carb and introduce them, you'll have a water weight gain, as you know. What I've found over the past two years is that JUDDD is exceptionally forgiving of carb indulgences and helps eliminate that weight quickly. But even if you're just eating your regular carb level, you'll experience weight fluctuations from the UD/DD rotation for some reason.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 43
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 08
Leisa and Leo,

Thanks for your replies. I will continue to weigh daily, but with the understanding that it will be higher after the UD and lower (Hopefully!) after the DD. I will do an average each week and hopefully it will remain stable. I do like knowing that number. I already know things like bread and cake will cause me to bloat, so I'm going to limit those and the UDs should be mostly protein and fat and one veggie.

When I lost weight after the DD, I was happily surpirised because I had more carbs that day than I had for awhile. I had a packet of instant oatmeal and breakfast and even a few bites of cake at work I think that having such low calories and lots of water helped me to lose. (Calories do matter! )

Sally
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Very true calories matter alot. I try not to weigh alot
I don't handle the days when the scale moves up.

My weigh in day is coming up.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #96
Senior LCF member

Sally- I've also found that long-term, JUDDD seems to have reduced my sensitivity to carbs. I've been doing JUDDD just about 2 years, and recently when I've had special dinners that involved more carbs than I normally eat, I found that I didn't bloat or experience any cravings at all.

Last month, I had a business dinner on a Tuesday--and ate bread and dessert, things I normally don't touch. It was an UD, and as in most up-scale restaurants, the portions weren't large. But I definitely had more calories and carbs than I normally would on an UD. I had been 165 the previous Saturday (my usual weigh day), and the following Friday, I had a doctor's appointment. Because of that dinner and the fact that I'd be weighed after an UD on Thursday, I steeled myself to see a number higher than 165 at the doctor's office. It was 163! I got on the scale as soon as I got home because I was convinced that my doctor's scale must have been 'off'--but my scale also read 163.

So clearly there had been no water retention from those carbs--and I've had similar experiences with JUDDD. Even if I do have a little retention, it's gone after a couple of DDs. This hasn't made me add more carbs because I am eating for health, but it's nice to know that my extreme sensitivity to carbs is being somewhat 'cured' with this plan. I know longer worry that a cookie or piece of candy will ruin me.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #97
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I AM LOVING JUDDDD !!!!!

Haven't taken a moment to buy or check out the book, but did go to the site to read the instructions, and have been reading your posts here too, Everybody.

I have kept my DDs to about 500 calories, and have, well..... taken liberties with my UDs, as the site said: eat whatever you want. :blush: I seem to have been assured that UDs could consist of pretty much whatever you want your meals to consist of.

I've been maintaining my weight these last several months, for the most part. I've lost three pounds so far without attempting to, and (let me put it this way.. I don't think it can just be water weight, as some of the foods I include on my UDs should contribute to water weight gain, not cause it to be jettisoned)..

Overall, my foods are pretty much what I always eat. I haven't stocked my kitchen with much of anything different, but as an example: This morning my DH and I had breakfast at a little French place, where I had a very lovely Panier (sp?) with my 2 cups of coffee and half and half. And I've enjoyed Chinese.. General Chicken, which is a sweet & hot dish. Had a nice chocolate pudding a couple of nights. Also a cup of cocoa with melted marshmallows and whipped cream!

I have been lucky enough to maintain my weight, for the most part, at a bit higher carb level than lots of folks are required to stay at. But I still have always kept aware and tried to keep at a reasonable level.

But with JUDDDD it doesn't seem to matter as much. Very interesting. It also seems to be a program that lets you design your 'diet' in and around your hectic life and all the events in it, and still maintain your weight or continue weight loss, depending on what calorie levels/carbs you choose to eat.

I look forward to reading all your posts each day. Thanks, Everybody!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Nice post Sohappy. glad you came over to this thread.
Well I will be on midnights for the next few nights. But
I will still be juddding along with you all.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 43
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 08
:QUOTE=Leo41;14080565]Sally- I've also found that long-term, JUDDD seems to have reduced my sensitivity to carbs. I've been doing JUDDD just about 2 years, and recently when I've had special dinners that involved more carbs than I normally eat, I found that I didn't bloat or experience any cravings at all.

Last month, I had a business dinner on a Tuesday--and ate bread and dessert, things I normally don't touch. It was an UD, and as in most up-scale restaurants, the portions weren't large. But I definitely had more calories and carbs than I normally would on an UD. I had been 165 the previous Saturday (my usual weigh day), and the following Friday, I had a doctor's appointment. Because of that dinner and the fact that I'd be weighed after an UD on Thursday, I steeled myself to see a number higher than 165 at the doctor's office. It was 163! I got on the scale as soon as I got home because I was convinced that my doctor's scale must have been 'off'--but my scale also read 163.

So clearly there had been no water retention from those carbs--and I've had similar experiences with JUDDD. Even if I do have a little retention, it's gone after a couple of DDs. This hasn't made me add more carbs because I am eating for health, but it's nice to know that my extreme sensitivity to carbs is being somewhat 'cured' with this plan. I know longer worry that a cookie or piece of candy will ruin me.[/QUOTE]

Hi Leo,

That is what I was wondering... whether the body adapted to this over time so you don't have to obsess over every carb on the up days. I'm happy to hear this experience! I know you've been on the plan for awhile, so I will still have fluxuations. I'm not a very patient person but will try...

Thanks!
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:06 AM   #100
Senior LCF member

So Happy- I know exactly what you mean about this plan being adaptable to one's social life. Personally, I don't have much of a social life, but when I was just doing generic low carb and trying to keep my calories low, I would stress over every social event, holiday, and vacation. Any 'indulgences' added pounds that were difficult to lose.

But as long as I'm faithful to my DDs, I find that I can eat freely on UDs. And what truly amazes me is that without the 'stress' of worrying about gaining, I actually eat less on those special days without even trying!
Old 11-13-2010, 03:34 AM   #101

Good Morning, Everyone. Getting ready for my DD today, and actually looking forward to it.

I weigh each morning, always knowing that I will weigh more after an Up Day and will weigh less the morning after a Down Day, but this morning the 'gain' was only 8/10 of a pound after yesterday's UD, so that made me happy.

What calorie level do you folks hold your DDs too? I'm usually just under the 500-calorie limit, which isn't too hard to hold to, starting off on this plan, but do I need to be dropping lower than that eventually or will this do?

Well, off to get my big salad made and packaged for today, and veggies and chicken or fish ready to go for my evening meal.

Have a productive day, Everyone. I look forward to reading your posts this evening.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:41 AM   #102

Any weight loss that is incidental along the way as I enjoy doing JUDDDD is OK with me too, but the idea of using this method to restrict calories for health is even more appealing to me.

For quite some time now, I've been focusing our foods here a lot more on whole foods, and a lot more like we ate when I was a child... so long ago. Mama cooked most everything from scratch, but nothing was really off limits. There wasn't much in the way of 'convenience' and packaged foods then. We ate a lot of food that was local and seasonal, and filled in with canned as well as some frozen. I still remember being sent to the basement to get a quart of tomato juice or something off of Mama's shelves. But she bought canned from the grocery too, and really appreciated it. I do remember nobody that I ever saw was fat back then. Even in the many old photo albums (dozens of them) that have come into my possession now, there are no fat people. I don't know who all of those people are, but they look healthy and slim! LOL!

I don't have too much work out in the field this coming week, which always takes me away from the computer, so I plan to spend some time reading more of the research on calorie restriction. I've always thought it was an interesting concept.. just not anything I could or would do, as I imagined the restriction as having to be EVERY DAY! But every other day isn't so bad. And it seems you can vary that without much trouble as well. As in: I already know that despite what day Thanksgiving falls on... I'm not going to be doing a Down Day that day!!!
Old 11-13-2010, 03:49 AM   #103

Just thought I'd add one more thing here.

I weigh and measure everything on my DDs so that I can keep a pretty tight and accurate rein on my calories/carbs, etc.

I didn't have a kitchen food scale anymore, so I've pressed my postal scale (needed for back when I did a lot of Ebay sales) into service during food portioning and preparation.

I love it! Being able to weigh everything out in ounces really lets me know if that one last little floret of broccoli is one too many. LOL It totally makes me get the giggles realizing that I am serious about how many slices of mushroom I get for 4 ounces!

OK, This is it for me. Now I really am off to the kitchen to start weighing and measuring today's Down Day foods.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:20 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone! I experienced something that until now only read some of you talk about. That extreme hunger that comes right before a loss in weight! At least I'm guessing that's what happened. If you remember, Thursday was a very difficult dd for me and I almost didn't make it, but today, even after having icecream TWICE yesterday, I actually have a LOSS on my scale! I'm shocked but figuring my body was just preparing the other day to let go of some fat! Now I KNOW I can resist the food, knowing even if I want to eat my arm that it's a good thing! Looking forward to posting a new low tomorrow!
Old 11-13-2010, 06:15 AM   #105

Congratulations on the weight LOSS this morning, LBishop! What a nice reward for sticking to the JUDDDD plan.

I don't know whether being 'extra' hungry really means anything much or not, other than you are hungry! But I do know that when we average out DDs with UDs, the calories are somewhere in the middle, so that means we're either at a weight loss diet/level of calories, or else we really eat too much to maintain on a normal basis and this keeps our overall calories in a better area for maintenance. Either way, it is doing its thing for us. LOL
I've actually lost a bit, but then I got to thinking it is probably water weight, so I'm probably still maintaining just fine. And if I lost a bit more weight, that would be very, very OK too.

Question: Where do we post our DD foods and menus? Or do we? Just wondering if we're supposed to be posting the DD plans somewhere, to keep us accountable (and encourage others), or whether that is just something we can do if we want to track it in ******/journal, etc.

I do keep track of my DD food choices and measurements in ****** as that makes it easy to go back and repeat a day and know it's already been figured out.

But I do enjoy reading about what others choose to eat, etc. on their DDs, as that gives me ideas too.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Congratulations on the weight LOSS this morning, LBishop! What a nice reward for sticking to the JUDDDD plan.

I don't know whether being 'extra' hungry really means anything much or not, other than you are hungry! But I do know that when we average out DDs with UDs, the calories are somewhere in the middle, so that means we're either at a weight loss diet/level of calories, or else we really eat too much to maintain on a normal basis and this keeps our overall calories in a better area for maintenance. Either way, it is doing its thing for us. LOL
I've actually lost a bit, but then I got to thinking it is probably water weight, so I'm probably still maintaining just fine. And if I lost a bit more weight, that would be very, very OK too.

Question: Where do we post our DD foods and menus? Or do we? Just wondering if we're supposed to be posting the DD plans somewhere, to keep us accountable (and encourage others), or whether that is just something we can do if we want to track it in ******/journal, etc.

I do keep track of my DD food choices and measurements in ****** as that makes it easy to go back and repeat a day and know it's already been figured out.

But I do enjoy reading about what others choose to eat, etc. on their DDs, as that gives me ideas too.
Thanks SoHappy! There is a thread for DD menus. I didn't see a November thread but there is an October thread. Although I noticed you have to wade through alot of chitchat to see menus. but I get that we're a chit-chatty bunch! I've actually been browsing it this morning trying to decide whether to stick to my original plan of only drinking my calories or trying to eat a little. I'm finding the eating isn't so bad if I eat the right things...primarily protein only. Carbs are NOT good on dd's for me.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewSize4Me
Stats: 175.8/165.2/135
Start Date: January 7, 2013
Hi everyone. I'm still here. I finished the first two weeks of JUDDD with a 6.8 pound loss, but then I was away all last week and because of circumstances wasn't able to do down days. I don't know what the damage will be. I'm going to make today and tomorrow lower to medium days, and then weigh in on Monday and see where I am. Monday I'll start back with DDs. I'm a little nervous to face the scale. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Congratulations to everyone who had losses and stuck out tough days.
NewSize4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
I'm finding the eating isn't so bad if I eat the right things...primarily protein only. Carbs are NOT good on dd's for me.
I expect there may be a lot of difference in all of us as to what we eat on DDs to get through them.

For myself, I rely heavily on low carb and fairly low carb veggies with just enough protein to have a semi-decent amount for the day. That way I can have a HUGE salad at mid-day with chicken in it, and then I can have a HUGE stir fry with more chicken in the evening, or something like that. And the veggie roughage does me good. LOL But it's enough that I get through the day and never feel much hunger at all, so it makes DDs a lot easier than I ever thought they'd be when I first heard of this program.

Hope you like this eating plan as much as I do right off the bat. I seems like it would be a lot like wild early man might have eaten. Some days you were lucky and found lots of good stuff, and some days the pickin's were pretty slim. Up Days and Down Days.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #109

Great weight loss, NewSize4Me! And even if your weight has crept up a bit from the last week, you know how to shed the 'extra' back off again. Keep up the good work.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:42 AM   #110
Senior LCF member

So Happy- You can get your DD calorie number from the JUDDD website--there's a calculator there. When I started JUDDD, I got 430 as my DD number, but after I'd lost about 50 lbs, I went back, and my DD number was 370. Fortunately, having done the higher number for a year, it was fairly easy to go lower. If you're only interested in maintaining, your number will be much higher, but I think there's a way to figure that. If not, after the first two weeks of 500 cal DDs, Dr. J's advice for maintenance is 50% of your UD calories for DDs.

What Leisa wrote about hunger preceding weight loss has been experienced by a few of us. Someone a while back wrote, "Hunger is your body's warning that if you don't feed it soon, it will tap into your fat stores" to encourage us to resist feeding that unexpected hunger. Whether or not it's true, it's good to keep in mind for those difficult DDs we have once in a while.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Great weight loss, NewSize4Me! And even if your weight has crept up a bit from the last week, you know how to shed the 'extra' back off again. Keep up the good work.
Thanks SoHappy.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
So Happy- You can get your DD calorie number from the JUDDD website--there's a calculator there. When I started JUDDD, I got 430 as my DD number, but after I'd lost about 50 lbs, I went back, and my DD number was 370. Fortunately, having done the higher number for a year, it was fairly easy to go lower. If you're only interested in maintaining, your number will be much higher, but I think there's a way to figure that. If not, after the first two weeks of 500 cal DDs, Dr. J's advice for maintenance is 50% of your UD calories for DDs.

What Leisa wrote about hunger preceding weight loss has been experienced by a few of us. Someone a while back wrote, "Hunger is your body's warning that if you don't feed it soon, it will tap into your fat stores" to encourage us to resist feeding that unexpected hunger. Whether or not it's true, it's good to keep in mind for those difficult DDs we have once in a while.
I'm going to remember this for any DD when I might be feeling hungry and be hard pressed to resist eating something extra. Although at 500 calories, I haven't had too much of that problem so far.

I'll do about three weeks at this DD-500 level and see how my weight holds in there. If I'm losing... well, I might cut it down a bit more to lose a few extra, since that is always a nice safety net, or maybe I'll increase cals to the mainenance level and see where that puts me.

I did go to the website for JUDDDD, and at the 25% level my DD cals should be 473, so my 500 upper limit is very close. (And sometimes the day's foods don't reach the full 500 anyway.)

I'm only 5'3" on my Doc's new digital measuring device LOL, but I'm pretty active. But I'm also a lot closer to 70 years old than to 60, so don't want to cut cals too low immediately, at least until I see how I hold up on this.

But, frankly... I am finding that appetite is really brought under control fast on this WOE. I make sure I get my full measure of most things when I prepare my foods, but if something came up and I had to miss half of that, I'd be able to do it without biting the heads off of everyone close by. Do others think this helps control appetite too?
Old 11-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #113
Senior LCF member

So Happy- It's nice to know someone close to me in age! Right now, I'm waffling between trying to lose more and maintain, too. I said that I'd stop at 165 (this morning I was 163), but now that I'm here, I think I'd like to get down to 155. I worry that this is compulsion because my endo thought I should stop at 175! I'm only 5-4, but I've been obese all my life, and I do have a lot of loose skin now that's adding to my basic body weight but isn't really fat. I actually look and feel good at 165, so it won't be terrible if I stay here--at least for a while.

However, although I planned to move into maintenance logically and systematically, I got de-railed last month with a few dinners out where I splurged much too much. I also went up too fast to 600 cal DDs. I felt myself losing my 'weight-loss mode' and really worried about that overeating, so I went right back to lower DDs. I plan to keep this up until Thanksgiving, and then add just 100 cal to DDs, moving up in 100 cal increments to 600. I'm finding that maintenance is just as much as a challenge as losing, and since I'm terrified of re-gaining, I'm working to meet that challenge.

On the appetite issue. It's difficult for me to tell because I low-carbed long before JUDDD, and that's about the only thing that controls my appetite, as I'm extremely sensitive to carbs. However, I do notice that with JUDDD, I don't really have any desire to overeat on UDs; I feel very satisfied with 1200 cal. This may take a while on the plan because other people have found themselves bingeing on UDs, and several abandoned JUDDD for that reason.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
So Happy- It's nice to know someone close to me in age! Right now, I'm waffling between trying to lose more and maintain, too. I said that I'd stop at 165 (this morning I was 163), but now that I'm here, I think I'd like to get down to 155. I worry that this is compulsion because my endo thought I should stop at 175! I'm only 5-4, but I've been obese all my life, and I do have a lot of loose skin now that's adding to my basic body weight but isn't really fat. I actually look and feel good at 165, so it won't be terrible if I stay here--at least for a while.

However, although I planned to move into maintenance logically and systematically, I got de-railed last month with a few dinners out where I splurged much too much. I also went up too fast to 600 cal DDs. I felt myself losing my 'weight-loss mode' and really worried about that overeating, so I went right back to lower DDs. I plan to keep this up until Thanksgiving, and then add just 100 cal to DDs, moving up in 100 cal increments to 600. I'm finding that maintenance is just as much as a challenge as losing, and since I'm terrified of re-gaining, I'm working to meet that challenge.

On the appetite issue. It's difficult for me to tell because I low-carbed long before JUDDD, and that's about the only thing that controls my appetite, as I'm extremely sensitive to carbs. However, I do notice that with JUDDD, I don't really have any desire to overeat on UDs; I feel very satisfied with 1200 cal. This may take a while on the plan because other people have found themselves bingeing on UDs, and several abandoned JUDDD for that reason.
Leo, your plan to move up by 100 cal increments for your DDs is so smart. It will be sort of like finding your CCL for maintenance, except it will be your calorie level. Within that you can still be doing low carb.

I was sad to hear that there were those who found themselves bingeing on their UDs and left the JUDDDD way because of it, but I think a diet site probably has a lot more people with various eating issues anyway, so I suppose I'm not surprised. I just want them to find the WOE that is the perfect and natural one for them. That really goes a long way in being able to follow a plan.

Well, I'm heavier now by many pounds than I was as a younger woman. I was always slim and trim, sleek as a seal, and could eat anything and everything, and did. I didn't start weight gain until I was in my mid-50s, so I guess most would consider that very lucky.

But I do know that I don't want to go down in weight remotely as low as I was those many years ago. I looked great then... but being old and at that low weight now would make me look like a wrinkled up bit of old gray parchment, ready to blow away in the wind. LOL! I don't know what I'm going to do with my deflated tummy skin anyway. Just tuck it in, I guess!

I'll just have to see how the next two and three weeks go. So far I'm very, very, very happy with eating this way. It's very easy for me, and while I do low carb-ish eating, I eat at a higher level than a lot/most here. So this way of eating works in well with my delight of adding in some of the higher carb foods. I do like my occasional potato and bread. :blush: But I'm lucky enough not to have a very strong reaction to carbs, nor higher blood sugar readings, etc.

Good luck to you on your continued journey of maintaining health and weight control, and also great good luck in bringing your weight down into those 150s if you decide that might be a nice place to be.

I always enjoy your posts and good information to everyone. Thanks!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:12 AM   #115
Senior LCF member

SoHappy- You're right about not trying to get back to the weight of your 'youth.' Some time ago, I read an article that said "older" women should avoid those weight charts because they will be better off with a 'few' extra pounds as they age. They didn't mean obese--but just what's comfortable that might not fit the charts that are designed for young people.

Later, on this board, Jenny (BloodSugar 101) reported from a scientific study she read that women should avoid losing weight after age 70 because being too thin correlated with some serious health problems. I was skeptical about that report because it seems to me that the health problems may have caused the weight loss rather than the reverse--i.e., people with cancer will often lose a great deal of weight during treatment. But I didn't see the actual report, and Jenny seemed impressed with it, and she was usually on target. In any case, I'm trying to get fit this year (age 69) so that I can just focus on maintaining after I hit 70.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:34 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, JUDDDERS! Hope you are all well. I hit a new low today of 146.6, which for the sake of simplicity will call 147, even though that 6 looks mighty good! haha! I'm hesitant to make it my official weight just yet so might just wait until after my next dd and report an average. I'm right on target for my goal of 145 by Tuesday. Today is my UD and I'm really excited because we have some really yummy pastries and coffee at church and I usually feel so deprived. Today I can enjoy if I want. I'm actually going to probably have a bagel before I go so I don't know, but it's an UD and I'm not going to worry over it. I'm finding I eat less than I think I will on UD's this time around.

Leo, I am reading and paying very close attention to your plan to maintain. I have lost the very same 20 pounds over and over, over the past several years. I turn 48 this month and before I get out of my 40's, I want to master maintenance once and for all. I know that JUDDD is the way to do that now. I like your idea of adding 100 calories on your dd until you see a gain and then cutting back. Very smart! I would love to get to goal and then leave my 40's at the same weight in 2 years. That is my plan! The study from Jenny sounds interesting but I've known so many incredibly healthy, active older women who really had no extra weight at all and the only thing I can see is that the women who do have any extra weight are usually not as healthy, so although I don't discount a study, it's not what I've witnessed. Interesting though.

I also low-carbed before JUDDD the last time I did JUDDD (a year ago) and the thing I remember the most was the wonderful realization that I was not reacting to the carbs as I had on low-carb. I don't seem to have an issue with carbs at all while following JUDDD. I do have some issues with sugar (gas and bloating) but that's all the time.

ok, gotta get ready for church....getting a little rambly anyway. : ) Later!
Old 11-15-2010, 05:34 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Well, this morning I'm exactly 2 pounds UP from yesterday!!!!!!!!! I remember doing this last time I was on JUDDD and I know it's normal, at least for me and it will come back off.....yesterday was an UD and all, blah, blah, blah, but boy did I hate to see that! Hopefully the 146.6 I saw yesterday will be back tomorrow and that will give me a loss for the week since tomorrow marks my first official week back on.

Well, off to the chiropractor and the library. Our chiro is an hour drive away so this is my long day out. Going to drink lots of water and tea...I'm also feeling bloated. I tend to do this mid cycle as well as just before TOM, and I had a lot of pain in my side two days ago so I am pretty sure I ovulated and that I'm dealing with some mid-cycle bloating. No biggie!

You all are QUIET on the weekends! I must be the only one without a life!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #118
Senior LCF member

No, Leisa, you're not the only one without a life--I'm sure I can match anyone in that department

What you experienced is what keeps me off the scale except for my weekly weigh in. I know the fluctuations are 'normal,' but I get just too depressed if I see the scale number go up.

Today's a DD, and I think I just discovered "boredom hunger." I get up very early, and I felt very hungry for some reason and began to fear that I'd never get through a DD. But I did laundry, showered, and began cleaning--and then suddenly realized that I'm not at all hungry any more! Of course, I had 100 cal of egg white omelet (12g protein), so that may have helped, but I definitely think that staying occupied is helping. Go DD!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:53 AM   #119

Good Morning!

About ready to go in and prepare my DD foods for the day. That way I don't have to even think about food again until tomorrow morning when I'm back to an UD. Today I think I'll lean heavily on HUGE salads with protein and a very delicious low calorie Italian dressing, which I buy at Aldi Foods. I love this particular dressing, and only 35 calories in 2 Tbsps. !! A calorie bargain, and about the only low cal dressing that I like so much better than its full-fat counterpart.

I'm up a full 1.2 pounds after my very, very indulgent UD yesterday. I didn't overeat in quantity as much as I simply didn't try to control carbs or calories, and I exceeded even my UD calorie 'suggested' limit by... a whole lot! :blush:

I did finish getting my sister moved from her old lower level apartment into her *new* upper level apartment in the same building. Phew! She is on disability, and all the apartments in her older complex are being COMPLETELY redone. One by one, they are totally gutted and new everything is installed, so she feels like she's in heaven. Just like a brand new place, except she still gets to enjoy the many mature trees, shrubbery plantings, flowers, walks, and picnic tables on the grounds, which is why she chose this place. She said it's more like living in a park. I'm glad she's happy there.

I don't have to go slave until Wednesday this week, so will be spending this morning framing a couple of pictures for DH's daughter. I'm helping her redecorate her home, and she has some fascinating things from around the world but has never put them out in her home! She has everything repainted all fresh now, so now we get to start on the FUN part!

Hope you all have as much fun today as I expect to! Hugs to all, and eat well.. no matter whether UD or DD today. (I'll try to check in here periodically throughout the day. I really enjoy reading all your posts! You keep me motivated. Not that I find this difficult to do or anything... I just tend to forget what day it is... UD or DD?)
Old 11-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Well I weighed in today after a week off plan and I was only up 1 pound. It would have been better to be down, but considering I was sure the scale would be up much more than that, I'm happy. Today is a DD. Have a great day everyone.