Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 06:48 AM   #31
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Since I screwed up my DD yesterday, I'm doing one today. It feels strange to be doing a DD on a Saturday (which has always been an UD for me), but the nice thing about JUDDD is that it's so easy to get back on track!
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2010, 07:04 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Hi everyone. I'm still JUDDDing just haven't been posting much lately. I'm slowly seeing progress right now. I wish it was faster but I know my UDs haven't been so good. I need to work on them.

I have a question about MDs. Is it okay to do a MD after a DD? My schedule has been DDs on Sun, Tues & Thurs, UDs on Mon, Wed, Fri with Saturday being a MD (which always turns into an UD). I was thinking of making Fri my MD. I chose it as an UD because we usually go out for dinner that night. But last night I thought "Why not eat light like a DD during the day and then have dinner out?" I think that would end up more like a MD than Saturday does. I just didn't know if a MD has to come after an UD. Thoughts?
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Hi everyone, today is my second DD and I look forward to it. I have several things to do today but plan to do them at a very relaxed pace after all the hurried chaos of yesterday. I need to go to the store. Our food supply is pretty much non-existent in the house today. Gonna make some chicken broth though and drink some today to keep off the chill.

Jiggles, I do not really remember much from the book (gave it away) but it seems to me it would be fine to do a medium day after a DD. Yesterday ended up being a MD for me even though I don't really do MD but in all the craziness, I just didn't eat much. I'm still doing my DD today though. I'm interested in the opinions on this.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:20 AM   #34
Senior LCF member

jiggles-
You can do a MD after either an UD or DD because it's designed to help change (or establish a regular) alternation, so it doesn't matter when it occurs.

Your idea of eating lightly all day before going out to eat is probably a good way to do a MD because some of us have struggled with this 3rd option. I find it best to treat it like a DD and then just add a 'meal' of some kind to increase the calories.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:04 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
up day for me to day. Still doing well with Juddd and exercising.
Nice to see you all on here. And for the most part it sounds like
we all are doing pretty good.

I am patting us all on the back.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #36
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)

Last edited by pooticus; 11-06-2010 at 01:24 PM..
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #37
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
jiggles-
You can do a MD after either an UD or DD because it's designed to help change (or establish a regular) alternation, so it doesn't matter when it occurs.

Your idea of eating lightly all day before going out to eat is probably a good way to do a MD because some of us have struggled with this 3rd option. I find it best to treat it like a DD and then just add a 'meal' of some kind to increase the calories.
Yes, this is what I was thinking. It all of the sudden dawned on me last night when I was laying awake and couldn't sleep that that would be a better way for me to keep my calories in check on Fri/Sat.
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:50 AM   #38
Senior LCF member

It felt so good to have a great DD yesterday! Two weeks ago, I started strength training on the machines at my health club, and since I swim on UDs, I've been doing the strength work on DDs. I got a ravenous appetite, and couldn't keep my DDs below 600-700 cal., which is much too high for me.

I don't know whether it was the exercise or just a 'mental' issue. I'm going to watch it closely this week, determined to do my usual <400 cal DDs when I'm working out and see what happens.

I was 165.5 this morning, so it was OK, considering the fact that I also had a few really high UDs. I'm finding it difficult to get into a good eating 'routine' for maintenance, but I'm determined to get it right. Re-gaining is not an option. And keep in mind that my ultimate goal is to very slowly lose another 10 lbs. I think it's a good idea to be basically in maintenance and very slowly lose those lbs rather than push to 155 and then have to deal with how to maintain--because I'm finding that maintenance is quite a challenge .
Old 11-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
Hey all I just found out about this WOE today along with intermittent fasting. I'm kinda overwhelmed when reading about it all...but I tried to go to Dr. Johnson's website but I kept getting an error. Does anyone have a good link to the site? I really wanna read about this WOE. Thanks
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #40
Senior LCF member

Hi Star-
I think they're having trouble with their website--trying to develop a new one, and I guess it's not working right. You might want to try again tomorrow.

Have you read the info at the beginning of this thread? We copied it directly from Dr. Johnson's site, and it gives you all the basic information about the plan. We can answer any questions you might have after you read this.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Star73. I just google Juddd and it came up for me.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
It felt so good to have a great DD yesterday! Two weeks ago, I started strength training on the machines at my health club, and since I swim on UDs, I've been doing the strength work on DDs. I got a ravenous appetite, and couldn't keep my DDs below 600-700 cal., which is much too high for me.

I don't know whether it was the exercise or just a 'mental' issue. I'm going to watch it closely this week, determined to do my usual <400 cal DDs when I'm working out and see what happens.

I was 165.5 this morning, so it was OK, considering the fact that I also had a few really high UDs. I'm finding it difficult to get into a good eating 'routine' for maintenance, but I'm determined to get it right. Re-gaining is not an option. And keep in mind that my ultimate goal is to very slowly lose another 10 lbs. I think it's a good idea to be basically in maintenance and very slowly lose those lbs rather than push to 155 and then have to deal with how to maintain--because I'm finding that maintenance is quite a challenge .
Don"t cry. you will get it right. I am sure of it..

I just hope I do. all we can do is keep trying.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Star-
I think they're having trouble with their website--trying to develop a new one, and I guess it's not working right. You might want to try again tomorrow.

Have you read the info at the beginning of this thread? We copied it directly from Dr. Johnson's site, and it gives you all the basic information about the plan. We can answer any questions you might have after you read this.
I guess you are right. I just tried it. and it wouldn't work.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
Quote:
Hi Star-

Thanks! I read the info at the beginning of this thread. What exactly is best to eat on down days? the whole percentage thing gives me a headache...20-25%? I also have to be gluten free so I'm not sure about drinking shakes on those days. I guess I"m just kinda lost lol any input would be great!
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:17 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

I two have never used the shakes. I tried them in the beginning
and I just needed something to chew on. I stay at 500 calories or less and eat
low calorie items. I do alot of the same things Leo does.
ud today I will eat what ever I want But I will not stuff myself
or over eat.

But Star if you have any questions just ask.

Last edited by dasiey; 11-08-2010 at 06:18 AM..
Old 11-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/155/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
This is a DD for me but admit that I will no doubt end up close to 800 cals. I have to lose the two I gained and I know I've been doing emotional eating. It's very frustrating! Maybe I will just eat up to 1000 tomorrow and then another day of 800 on Wed. Heck, I don't have the answer. Maybe it's the weather. LOL
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:02 AM   #47
Senior LCF member

Suze- I've read on the Main Lobby that a lot of people experience more hunger as the weather gets colder, so that may be what's happening with you.

But I'm confused about what you're actually doing. The difference between 800 and 1000 calories is relatively minor, so you're not really 'cycling' calories--which is what JUDDD is all about. The idea behind DDs is to stay low for only 24 hours so as not to affect metabolism, but what you're planning is just staying low calorie for a few days, it seems to me.

If that's what you prefer, you may be better off just trying to stay at a relatively low calorie level continuously (like 1200). That's what Redeemed (one of our regular posters) finds helpful. She also goes back and forth with JUDDD because, like a lot of people, she finds that doing different things tends to 'shake things up' in terms of weight loss.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:01 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Wanted to say Hi really quick!!! I will try and post later. I am stumbling along here. I hit goal but find trying to maitain a trial.
I have not yet found my groove . I will continue to experment and figure it out.
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:31 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

I am back to feeling very cold in the evenings. It must be Juddding that causes this.
I think I recall this from last time.
Anyone else?
Old 11-09-2010, 07:02 AM   #50
Senior LCF member

dasiey- I'm always cold, but it's not JUDDD. Ever since I developed hypothyroid problems, my body temperature has been low.

Jodi- I know how you feel! This maintenance is really a challenge. I still don't have the natural 'rhythm' that I had in loss mode, and this week, I'm returning to the calories I did to lose so that I can 'start over' in trying to develop a maintenance WOE that really works.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Hey JUDDDers!

Daisey - I am always more cold on down days, but always colder than anyone else in the same vicinity..lol.

I did okay over the weekend. MUCH better than what has been happening, but then yesterday which is normally a down day, turned into a moderate day. I don't know what happened, but I feel the time change might have something to do with it. I have felt out of whack since. It's weird, I thought I would feel better gaining an hour, but I am SO tired and hungry. Hopefully, I will get used to it soon.

Anyway, since I did a MD yesterday, I will do a down day today. I normally just do shakes, but since it's getting colder I am on the lookout for some easy, hot, filling recipes. I know we have some great soup recipes floating around.

Hypothyroid

Mini-goals:
120 115 110
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:30 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
here is my soup --works for both DD's and UD's--I buy a tub of any salsa I like (right now it is a salsa cruda--mostly just tomatoes and peppers and onions)--sautee one package of leanest ground turkey--add taco powder (whole foods carries one that has no added sugar)--add the salsa, a carton of broth and a can of fire roasted tomatoes. heat and season as you like. sometimes I throw in frozen spinach and zucchini. At the end, I add some salsa de queso dip to my bowl and stir (WF carries the Salpico brand that is 15 calories for 2 Tbs)

A lovely, hot spicy lowfat turkey taco soup--havent figured out the calories, but one package of 99% ff turkey is about 600 calories--the veggies and broth add practically nothing. I probably get 8-10 big bowls from a pot of soup.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
here is my soup --works for both DD's and UD's--I buy a tub of any salsa I like (right now it is a salsa cruda--mostly just tomatoes and peppers and onions)--sautee one package of leanest ground turkey--add taco powder (whole foods carries one that has no added sugar)--add the salsa, a carton of broth and a can of fire roasted tomatoes. heat and season as you like. sometimes I throw in frozen spinach and zucchini. At the end, I add some salsa de queso dip to my bowl and stir (WF carries the Salpico brand that is 15 calories for 2 Tbs)

A lovely, hot spicy lowfat turkey taco soup--havent figured out the calories, but one package of 99% ff turkey is about 600 calories--the veggies and broth add practically nothing. I probably get 8-10 big bowls from a pot of soup.
That sounds delicious! I will have to try it.
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

DD today for me and I am kind of biting my nails over it. I need to have a good DD today. I plan to just do liquids...probably a protein shake later this evening. I do better with just liquids. Funny how we are all different. If I chew, I want to keep chewing. If I drink my calories, I can stop there. Yesterday my UD was too high in calories, even though I did Fast 5 and ate only between 4 and 8pm. I just ate too much. I was super tired though and cold so yes, it happens to me too!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #55
Senior LCF member

Michelle- It might not be the time change if it's also getting colder where you are. Leisa seems to be having more appetite with cold weather, and I know I have, too. I think our DDs highlight appetite issues--i.e., staying so low, any increase in appetite is obvious.

That's how I found out that artificial sweeteners increase my appetite. It wasn't so obvious when I was eating say 1200 calories on my generic low carb, but on 400 cal, I noticed it right away.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

argh! I'm so hungry! It's 3pm. Wondering if I can make it. I KNOW I CAN, I just am hoping I will! I keep posting because if I put it out there, I"ll be less likely to eat. I don't want to come here later and have to tell you I ate.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:23 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm having a hard dd to. I was thinking maybe I should give the shakes a try again. I don't know. Trying to make it to 6pm to eat.

Leo I don't have issues with my thyroid. I have had it checked.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

I felt like I was going to blow it big if I didn't have something, so I had a cup of whole milk with a scoop of whey protein powder...250 calories. I feel better now, lol! I'll do something in a shake form later tonight but it won't be that many calories. I don't want to take it as high as 500 calories, but if the hunger comes back that bad, I may have to. Evening is the hardest time for me so I'm a bit scared! I will be watching Biggest Loser from 8 to 10 pm tonight so that will help.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Much better, After drinking the shake at 4pm, it took over an hour for my hunger to subside completely but it did. I feel so much better, but I KNOW I would have blown it if I hadn't had the shake. So glad I posted here so I would have the accountability. I also kept reminding myself of my goal and the fact that I want to be at goal by my trip to Honduras two days after Christmas.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #60
Senior LCF member

Leisa- Do you not eat all day (until evening) on DDs? I could never do that--correction, I did it a couple of times when I wasn't hungry, but normally, I have 50-100 cal snacks periodically during the day, along with my black coffee and green tea. I think it keeps my blood sugar up just enough to avoid 'real' hunger--although there are always days when for some reason I have to 'white knuckle' it through.