Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 07:33 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: loves2sing
Stats: 180.5/148.4/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart JUDDD 11/24/11 at 152.8
DD for me today.

I have a super-busy day, and my daughter is going away for a long weekend, so I don't have to worry about dinner for her.

I will have decaf coffee with milk later this morning, for about 40 calories.

There's a Mexican restaurant near me that posts calorie counts for all items on the menu. I'm going to go there tonight and order something that's no more than 500 calories. I'm allowing for a margin of error, since portion sizes vary; my goal is to stay under 600 calories.

Happy JUDDDing, everyone!
loves2sing is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2010, 08:16 AM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I've been interested in your JUDDDD way of eating after reading some of the journal entries by Pooticus!

I am going to try a Down Day today, sorta' to see what it's like, :blush: and wanted to run these food choices by you folks to get your responses.

I do eat at a somewhat higher carbohydrate level than many (most) at LCF, but I do watch calories. Just seems to work a whole lot better for me in my 'older' age. Plus I love the fruits and veggies so much.. must have been a vegetarian in a past life or something.

The following menu will result in a 42% protein, 36% carbohydrate, and 22% fat ratio for the day, and will bring me very close to or nicely over in almost all of the nutrient needs for the day: (I weigh and measure my foods)

midday: 1st meal: salad
1 cup spinach leaves (7)
1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded (8)
4 oz. chopped Roma tomato (20)
5 oz. chopped (peeled) cucumber (17)
1 whole egg, hard boiled, chopped (72)
2 eggs, whites only, hard boiled, chopped (34)
2 Tbsp. my light Italian dressing (35)

dinner: last meal: stir fry w/chicken over ground yam cake
3 oz. broccoli florets (29)
5 oz. green pepper, chunks (28)
4 oz. onion, chunks (36)
2 oz. carrot, diagonal slice (23)
4 oz. mushrooms, sliced thick (25)
3 oz. chicken breast, meat only (137)
4.2 oz. Konnyaku yam cake, ground (15)
1 Tbsp. oyster sauce (5)
1 Tbsp. soy sauce (10)

calorie total: 501 (all calorie counts from ******, except for bottled dressing, oyster & soy sauces, and yam cake, where I used manufacturer info.

Will this be OK? I'm off to shop for ingredients, so will find out when I return if I am understanding the requirements for this first day.

ETA: OH! Forgot to add, 2 or 3 mugs of hot black tea in the morning, 2 quarts of iced tea, black, throughout the rest of the day, and water too. Am wondering about this, as I wonder about the teabags. (I use only three PG Tips bags for the entire day's amount of tea drinking...)

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-21-2010 at 08:25 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:14 PM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
It looks like a good plan to me, SoHappy. And tea has no calories--no worries there.

I think you will like JUDDD!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:20 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

SoHappy, I'm curious about the yam cake. What's that?

Welcome to JUDDD!

Cynthia
Old 10-23-2010, 06:27 AM   #95

You know the *miracle noodles* stuff? Konjac or Kannyaki are two other names I've seen them sold under. Also called Shirataki noodles.

These products are made from some Asian plant part, a so called 'yam' (whatever the heck THAT plant is..) It certainly isn't the yam from Africa what is like the sweet potato. Sometimes the yam paste is combined with tofu and made into those noodles too. I read about this stuff once, buy don't remember it all.

But the yam cake is just a solid block of the stuff they make the noodles out of. It's just a big ol' solid rubbery block. You can slice it or dice it however you want.

I've always found the noodles to be very akin to chewing on rubber bands! Almost no flavor of their own, and you just chew and chew and chew and then swallow them whole. LOL They're pretty filling and add almost no calories or carbs, so are something that we grasp at to fill a need, I guess.

Back when I watched carb intake a lot more than I do now, I wanted something to replace the pasta/rice component in some recipes while adding almost no calories/carbs. I was looking for something that could act, basically, as just 'filler'. I ground up some of this stuff in a hand operated, old fashioned meat grinder, and the ground up yam cake turned into little pieces that could be mostly disguised with the other ingredients. And because these little pieces were already pretty small, they went down easily. LOL

I thought it worked great then, and will only be using it now when I do Down Days. This will add a bit more bulk to my tummy while not using up many of my allotted calories for a DD.

http://exoticeatingexperiment.blogsp...-yam-cake.html

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-23-2010 at 06:34 AM..
Old 10-23-2010, 09:22 AM   #96

OK.. reporting my menu for my 2nd Down Day.

Midday Meal - 1st meal: BIG bowl of thick soup

1/2 can Chicken Noodle soup concentrate (88)
1/2 can water (0)
2 oz. celery, chopped (9)
2 oz. mushrooms, chopped (12)
1 oz. onion, chopped (9)
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes (1)
4.2 oz. Konnyaku yam cake, ground (15)

Evening Meal - 2nd meal: This makes a big meal

7 oz. tilapia fish, 2 fillets (191)
1 wedges fresh lemon (3)
1 cup green beans (60)
1 cup spinach leaves (7)
1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded (8)
4 oz. chopped Roma tomato (20)
5 oz. chopped (peeled) cucumber (17)
2 Tbsp. my light Italian dressing (35)

Calorie Total: 475

I don't think it will take too long for me to be used to this calorie level for Down Days. I often don't eat breakfast anyway as I don't feel much appetite until the later morning.

I'm trying to plan DD menus to be fairly filling but still quite low on calories, and then I'm making copies of them so I don't have to keep figuring them out!!! I suppose it doesn't take too long before you have a pretty decent collection of very low calorie meals gathered and you can get the meals put together in a jiffy.

Off to fix another mug of lovely hot tea. Right now I'm loving my PG Tips that I found at a little import shop in Denver when I visited there. What teas have the rest of you found that are fabulous? (Coffee with cream on Up Days! )

ETA: Oh! I forgot to report that I'm a pound lighter this morning. Assume it's water weight, but I got something to shift already. LOL

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-23-2010 at 09:23 AM..
Old 10-23-2010, 09:45 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Your menu sounds yummy, SoHappy!

Tea, glorious tea! Let me wander over to the cupboard...

I love:

Good Earth brand: Green Tea w/ lemongrass; Organic Green Tea w/ mango, peach & pineapple; Organic Jasmine Blossom Green Tea; Organic Apricot Ginger Black Tea; Original and Caffeine-Free Original Herb Tea (good both hot & iced)

Tazo brand: Zen Green Tea w/ lemongrass & spearmint

Bigelow brand: Orange & Spice herb tea

Trader Joe's brand: Organic Mint Melange

Celestial Seasonings brand: True Blueberry; Cranberry Apple Zinger; Cinnamon Apple Spice; Wild Berry Zinger (all of these are good both hot & iced)

Nile Valley brand: Hibiscus Tea (good both hot & iced; reputed to be a natural remedy for high blood pressure)

Heather's Tummy Teas brand: Peppermint Tea; Fennell Tea

Traditional Medicinals brand: Organic Throat Coat; Organic Echinacea Elder

Daily Green Tea brand: Pineapple Ginger Green Tea; Wild Berry Plum Green Tea

Republic of Tea brand: Ginger Peach Red Tea

To name just a few...

Note: If you make cold-brewed iced tea, by just putting tea bags into cool water, be aware that it is only safe if kept in the refrigerator for about 2 days. After that, molds & bacteria & other yuckie things begin to grow.

Last edited by loves2sing; 10-23-2010 at 09:51 AM..
Old 10-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2sing View Post
Your menu sounds yummy, SoHappy!

Tea, glorious tea! Let me wander over to the cupboard...

I love:

Good Earth brand: Green Tea w/ lemongrass; Organic Green Tea w/ mango, peach & pineapple; Organic Jasmine Blossom Green Tea; Organic Apricot Ginger Black Tea; Original and Caffeine-Free Original Herb Tea (good both hot & iced)

Tazo brand: Zen Green Tea w/ lemongrass & spearmint

Bigelow brand: Orange & Spice herb tea

Trader Joe's brand: Organic Mint Melange

Celestial Seasonings brand: True Blueberry; Cranberry Apple Zinger; Cinnamon Apple Spice; Wild Berry Zinger (all of these are good both hot & iced)

Nile Valley brand: Hibiscus Tea (good both hot & iced; reputed to be a natural remedy for high blood pressure)

Heather's Tummy Teas brand: Peppermint Tea; Fennell Tea

Traditional Medicinals brand: Organic Throat Coat; Organic Echinacea Elder

Daily Green Tea brand: Pineapple Ginger Green Tea; Wild Berry Plum Green Tea

Republic of Tea brand: Ginger Peach Red Tea

To name just a few...
I'm laughing so hard!!!

I'll choose a few at a time of your recommendations to try. I don't usually drink fruit and/or spice-flavored teas, but rather the Irish and English teas and the various greens offered at my local Asian Market. Actually, an Earl Gray is my favorite, but some folks don't like that too much.

But I do have a nice organic White Peach Oolong tea which is very soft and aromatic.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #99

Quote:
Note: If you make cold-brewed iced tea, by just putting tea bags into cool water, be aware that it is only safe if kept in the refrigerator for about 2 days. After that, molds & bacteria & other yuckie things begin to grow.
I just saw your addition here and was going to respond.

Yes, I do make my iced tea like a sun tea. Depending on the strength and flavor of the tea I use, I use from one to three bags and just put them in a quart jar and fill it with water. Then let it sit until the color is where I think it'll be OK.

But I always keep it in the refrigerator, and usually the two quarts I make are gone by the end of the day.

So instead of having a bottle of refrigerated water, I have refrigerated tea. Sometimes DH helps himself to a glass of it too.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

DD for me today.

I will fast on water and tea during the day, and have one meal in the evening:

1 C organic chicken broth (20 calories)
Pork Chop with Acorn Squash & Onions (recipe from Betty Crocker 300 Calorie Cookbook) - 2 servings at 220 calories each (440)
Salad greens w/ no calorie dressing (30)
FAGE 0% yogurt (90)

Total: 580 calories

(My DDs are at 600 calories now. So far, it's working for me.)
Old 10-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

I had a DD today, too. Feeling a little bit queasy/indigestionish just at this moment, and would sorta like to eat a cracker or two, but I won't. (Interesting that I assume eating something would fix my problem--guess it's clear how I got overweight in the first place....)

Today's menu:

B: 2 slices oroweat lite toast, black coffee, 90
L: lettuce salad with chopped chicken, 200
D: 2 hebrew national ff franks, bag of lite popcorn, 180

GOing to ed early so I can get my mind off my tummy.

Oh, and TOM finally presented himself yesterday, so in another day or two, I'll weigh in and see how things look. But regardless of what I see, I really like eating this way and do believe it's something I can do forever. Somehow, the sparse days allow me to really enjoy the eating days. It's hard to explain, but it just feels good.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 10-24-2010, 08:44 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Hope you feel better soon, Jessica.

DD for me tomorrow, and I've got a really busy day. My usual teaching day, then a yoga class, then my women's group. Probably won't have dinner until 9 p.m.

If that's what happens, I'll just have oatmeal with walnuts and raisins, & let that be my food for the day. That's an old favorite of mine, comfort food - and really good for my digestion.

1/2 C oatmeal (150 calories)
1/4 C diced walnuts (215)
1/4 C raisins (130)

Total: 495 calories

Plus, as always, lots of water and tea during the day.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week,
Cynthia
Old 10-25-2010, 07:07 AM   #103

DD today. I'm trying to finish off leftover bits, so today's menu is pretty odd.

midday meal will be a HUGE salad of mixed lettuces w/chopped red cabbage and carrot (using up almost two bags of this stuff that the kids donated when they came over) AND diced leftover liver with a honey mustard dressing that I concocted with bottled honey mustard base, added yellow mustard, and water. -- I know I'm the only one on the planet who would actually like a salad with liver, and this just cracks me up! But it's pretty good actually.

Then I had a big Granny Smith apple with a big brown soft spot on it, so I peeled and cored it, and I'm having that too.

I'll fix a veggie stir fry for supper this evening, using only the amount of broccoli, green pepper, onion, carrot, and mushrooms that will bring my calories up to about 475, and top with soy sauce.

So I'll be able to keep my cals under my 500 limit.

After a huge Up Day yesterday, I'm only back up .2 of a pound. I thought water weight would have accumulated a lot more than that, so I'm a happy old gal!

Have a great day, Everyone. I'll read your DD menus with interest this evening.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, all. Tummy feels fine this morning, and I slept like a rock.

Up Day for me, and I'm steeling myself to make it a well-chosen one. We had a big football-watching party here Saturday, with all kinds of junk foods, and I don't need another day like that in the same week!

I also intend to get some exercise in, something I've not really given much thought to since starting JUDDD, but I need to get a good exercise habit going now while I still have plenty of light, because I have SAD and I get pretty moody when the days get short. Exercise helps that TREMENDOUSLY.

Have a good one, everyone.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:06 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Sure glad your feeling better Jessica. If you will do some form of exercise everyday for 21 days, it becomes a habit.
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

I am not going to get to the yoga class today. I'm still at my desk, grading papers, and it's 5 p.m.

So, a change of plans: I'll go for a walk for at least 30 minutes. Soon as I get through a few more papers.

For my DD dinner, I'll have a salad with protein at a restaurant near my women's group.

Nice signature line, Kelly!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:28 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
So, a change of plans: I'll go for a walk for at least 30 minutes. Soon as I get through a few more papers.

Nice signature line, Kelly!
good job on the 30 Cynthia! (oh and thank you, I do love that quote)
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:25 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/74 years old 169/159/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
It's an UD for me since DH is home.

Jessica: I hear you about having SAD. If you think you get it bad in OC then come right on up to Portland! I used to love two or three days of rain until I moved here. We are moving back to Las Vegas around Feb./Mar. This isn't working.

Later-
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:35 AM   #109

A DD for me today... finally. Salad and a HB egg for my first (mid-day) meal and veggie stir fry for a second meal this evening. All for 500 calories or less, depending on how skimpy I decide to weigh out the ounces of veggies this evening.

One of the best things I ever did for myself was buy a little POSTAL scale when I decided to sell on Ebay a few years ago!!!!! That thing weighs down to fractions of an ounce and is absolutely perfect to use when I weigh my food portions on DDs!

Off to prepare and portion out today's foods, as I'll be really busy later on. This makes it easy to do my program in a way that works well for me, with foods that I enjoy, even on DDs.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:42 AM   #110

Today is another JUDDDD down day, so just two meals and under 500 cals for the day:
1st meal/midday: 4 hard boiled egg halves with the yolk of just one egg turned into deviled stuffing with 1 t low cal mayo, 1 t yellow mustard, & 1 t sweet pickle relish.. so a little stuffing for each of the 4 egg halves
1 80 cal blueberry yogurt
5 oz green pepper chunks, sprinkled with salt
****** cals: 216
2nd meal/evening: stir fry with broccoli chunks, sliced mushrooms, sliced carrot, sliced onion, green pepper, and B/S chicken breast, tossed with some oyster sauce and some soy sauce
measured out so cals are about 250 to 275
total calories for the day: under 500

I absolutely love this plan! While the down days are pretty scant and some of the DDs are a bit harder to adhere to than other DDs days, the reward of not having to worry much on the UDs is fabulous. I've been able to maintain in the short time I've been doing this plan, easily, and even been able to eat some meals I might have felt guilty for previous to doing JUDDDD. What a relief this plan is. So glad to have found it.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:10 AM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
SoHappy why don't you post on the main Juddd thread
I never really look at this one. I am glad I did. I enjoyed
reading your post.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote