Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 06:43 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: loves2sing
Stats: 180.5/148.4/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart JUDDD 11/24/11 at 152.8
Shelly, I am going to follow in your footsteps regarding soup. It's such a brilliant way to eat on a DD. It's uber-healthy and satisfying.

I had two bowls of the soup last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt like I was having a feast instead of just a limited-calorie meal.

Thanks for sharing the recipe & the whole idea of soup made entirely from veggies. I am going to try lots of different combinations.

Smiles,
Cynthia
loves2sing is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2010, 06:48 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
My medium day spiraled into another Up Day, which justifies my nervousness about trying to do one, I guess. Tomorrow I will be back to my every other day plan, and hope I won't see any long-term damage from the two Up Days in a row!
Jessica, I had exactly the same experience. My DD on Friday became an UD, giving me two UDs in a row.

I followed that with a DD yesterday, and the net result was that my weight was the same as it was on the morning of the so-called MD.

In the future, if I need to schedule a MD, I am going to plan out my meals like I do for a DD and post the menu plan here. That approach has been working perfectly for me on my DDs.

Today I begin my 3rd week on JUDDD, with an UD.

Have a good start to your week, Everyone.
Cynthia
Old 10-04-2010, 08:45 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2sing View Post
Jessica

In the future, if I need to schedule a MD, I am going to plan out my meals like I do for a DD and post the menu plan here. That approach has been working perfectly for me on my DDs.
That is exactly what I plan to do. Obviously, "free-forming" it doesn't work for me!

Today, I am very relieved to be having a Down Day--very stressed out by my two Up Days in a row!

So far, it's just been my traditional breakfast of lite toast and black coffee. Lunch will be out with my daughter, so probably a salad. And that is as far as I've planned, so far.
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Today is my DD as well.

My plan for the day:

greek yogurt mixed with pumpkin - 110
Sardines w/lousiana hot sauce - 140
fried cabbage - 150
popcorn - 100 (if I am starving)

Total: 500
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

I think I may have just figured out the biggest downside to having two Up Days in a row!

I am absolutely weak and shaking with hunger today. I haven't ever had a day like this since I started JUDDD back at the beginning of August. I guess my body forgot what it was like to get by on 500 calories. I may have to just go to bed early and wait for it to be tomorrow...

Nonetheless, I WILL prevail.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:24 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Yesterday I decided to do a Stillman type down day to make up for my weekend. I had two meals of 4 oz. of chicken breast bare naked with no mayo and 3 ounces of steak for the third meal for a total of 425 calories. It seems to have neutralized my excesses because I was down two pounds for the week.

Tomorrow's DD will involve broccoli cauliflower soup and fat free yocheese with pumpkin.

Pat
Patlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patlaf View Post
Yesterday I decided to do a Stillman type down day to make up for my weekend. I had two meals of 4 oz. of chicken breast bare naked with no mayo and 3 ounces of steak for the third meal for a total of 425 calories. It seems to have neutralized my excesses because I was down two pounds for the week.

Tomorrow's DD will involve broccoli cauliflower soup and fat free yocheese with pumpkin.

Pat
Pat - so you had nothing but low carb protein...interesting.

I ended up gravitating from my planned DD. We went out to dinner with a friend. I stuck with a dry salad, green beans, broccoli and 4 grilled shrimp. I felt good about it all cept for the shrimp. Not sure if they were basted with something.

Last edited by kel7298; 10-05-2010 at 08:18 AM..
Old 10-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Pat
This is probably what I should've done yesterday. I ended up having chicken and salad for both lunch and dinner, but I did have that toast for breakfast. I may try this for my DD on Wed., just as an experiment to see how I feel. I don't want to have another starving day like yesterday (although I did stand fast on my 500 calories.) It was rough!
Old 10-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Unusual day for me today. Didn't go to work; went to a couple of different appointments, & then home early. Took a nap.

Glad to have a DD today.

My menu:

1/2 recipe broccoli-cauliflower soup (150 calories)
1/2 C cottage cheese (100 cal)
4 Ryvita (160 cal)
1 hard-boiled egg (70 cal)

Total: 480 calories
Old 10-06-2010, 06:43 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

My dd menu for today will hopefully be:

1 protein smoothie - 150
grilled chicken w/spinach or veg soup - 150
fried cabbage - 150
K20 - 30

Old 10-06-2010, 08:43 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

DD for me today.

Breakfast was my usual 2 pieces of lite toast with spray butter and black coffee.

At this point I'm thinking that lunch will be tuna salad and a green salad, and dinner one of those fantastic TJ's chicken jalapeno sausages, but that's not set in stone yet.

I'll be back later to update.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:17 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
DD menu for today

B- greek yogurt with pumpkin, i put 5 almonds in it, BAD! 140 calories
L- brocolli cauli soup 75 calories
D- made an omelet with 1/2 C egg beaters, 1C mushrooms, a little bit of red onion and a single serve can of chicken 165 calories
S- cucumber/celery snacks at work 40 calories

Total- 420 calories for the day
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

The rest of my day:

I ended up going out to lunch with a friend, so I had salad with a small piece of grilled beef in it, no dressing.

For dinner, I did the tuna thing.

Good day, no hunger!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:05 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Remember I posted on my DD a protein smoothie -

Caution: Do not try this at home!

I read a great way to add vitamins and such to a protein drink was to blend in a handful of spinach. "You wont even taste it if you mix fruit in as well", the article said. HMMM..ok, I will give it a try. So I add a handful of spinach and blueberries. NICE! Exactly as written.

Today, I go to make my drink and notice an unopened baby spring mix in the fridge. Being the frugal shopper I am, I think, I need to eat that before it goes bad. Tada! I can substitute that for the spinach! Looking farther, I see some strawberries, of course, these are not blueberries, but I have that frugal mentality thing going on so they come along for the ride.

I grab a handful and stuff it into the blender. Thinking to myself, "geez, when I made this with spinach I didn't taste it at all". So another handful goes in. Now for the strawberries. I nip the green tops off on a few then think, "why", I got all that other green stuff in there, a lil more can't hurt", so 6 strawberries, green tops included, tossed in. Then add the whey protein and water.

Thinking to myself as I look at the mixture whirling in the blender, "hmmm, its a tad bit greener than last time and more of it". No worries! I pour me a BIG glass full and start drinking. It's not to bad. Another big gulp. I don't remember it having this salad taste. Another gulp, OK, I am not sure I like this much after all. I look at the blender and there is still more in there. Now remember, I am in frugal mind mode, so I pour the rest into the cup and make a challenge to myself that I can drink it! Another big gulp...ewwww. Despite my vow, I just can't swallow any more.

As I pour the rest away, a green tint fills the sink. How pretty....

2 hours later - my tummy was definitely not happy with what I did.

Needless to say, adding more of a good thing is not necessarily a good thing.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel7298 View Post
Remember I posted on my DD a protein smoothie -

Caution: Do not try this at home!

I read a great way to add vitamins and such to a protein drink was to blend in a handful of spinach. "You wont even taste it if you mix fruit in as well", the article said. HMMM..ok, I will give it a try. So I add a handful of spinach and blueberries. NICE! Exactly as written.

Today, I go to make my drink and notice an unopened baby spring mix in the fridge. Being the frugal shopper I am, I think, I need to eat that before it goes bad. Tada! I can substitute that for the spinach! Looking farther, I see some strawberries, of course, these are not blueberries, but I have that frugal mentality thing going on so they come along for the ride.

I grab a handful and stuff it into the blender. Thinking to myself, "geez, when I made this with spinach I didn't taste it at all". So another handful goes in. Now for the strawberries. I nip the green tops off on a few then think, "why", I got all that other green stuff in there, a lil more can't hurt", so 6 strawberries, green tops included, tossed in. Then add the whey protein and water.

Thinking to myself as I look at the mixture whirling in the blender, "hmmm, its a tad bit greener than last time and more of it". No worries! I pour me a BIG glass full and start drinking. It's not to bad. Another big gulp. I don't remember it having this salad taste. Another gulp, OK, I am not sure I like this much after all. I look at the blender and there is still more in there. Now remember, I am in frugal mind mode, so I pour the rest into the cup and make a challenge to myself that I can drink it! Another big gulp...ewwww. Despite my vow, I just can't swallow any more.

As I pour the rest away, a green tint fills the sink. How pretty....

2 hours later - my tummy was definitely not happy with what I did.

Needless to say, adding more of a good thing is not necessarily a good thing.
Hahaha!

You convinced me--I will definitely NOT be trying this at home!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Great story, Kel!

DD for me today.

I was very busy, & my daughter was having dinner with a group of her friends, so I went to Boston Market.

I did this once before. Here's part of what I posted that day:

Boston Market has calorie counts & ingredients for all of their menu items on their website. For 440 calories, I could get:

5 oz roast turkey breast
fresh steamed vegetables
green beans
garlic dill new potatoes

It's not ideal for me, because the green beans & the potatoes are cooked w/ an oil blend that includes soybean oil and they also have corn syrup in their ingredient lists.

But, while less than ideal, this may be the best I can do for today... I think it's about as good as it gets for lowish-priced American restaurant food, and a whole lot better than a fast-food burger and fries.

And, in terms of JUDDD, it would be a fine menu for a DD.

Of course the calorie counts won't be precisely right, since serving sizes vary, but there's a good margin between 440 and 500.

I did exactly the same thing earlier this evening. It's a satisfying meal; I'm fine letting that be all I eat today.

Good night, everyone.
Cynthia
Old 10-08-2010, 06:03 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD is going fine so far. For breakfast I had 100 grams plain chicken breast for 100 calories, lunch was 75 grams of shrimp, 80 grams chicken breast, 1 tablespoon of Linda Sue's smoky barbecue sauce and 10 grams grated cheddar cheese (a decalorified version of her Houston chicken) for 250 calories. This leaves me with 150 calories for a super supper.

Pat
Old 10-08-2010, 07:02 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This leaves me with 150 calories for a super supper.

Pat
You can definitely do alot with that!

today's plan: I plan on a Designer Whey Protein Drink - 100 for breakfast, soup - 120 for lunch, k20 for snack - 30, salad w/grilled chicken for dinner - 150, popcorn - 100 for snack.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:48 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When you have popcorn as a snack, what kind of popcorn? We can get the microwave bags of popcorn here, is that acceptable? I imagine the popcorn at the movies is a no no.

Pat
Old 10-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #50
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
I use the 100 calorie bags of microwave popcorn.
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

I use those, too. I really like products that are pre-measured and packaged in portions (how's that for some alliteration?) for my Down Days--less chance of slipping up and going over.

Down Day for me today--looking forward to it. Back later to report!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Same here..I use the 100 calorie bags (Butter or kettle corn)
Old 10-08-2010, 09:09 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/74 years old 169/159/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Haven't weighed yet but I am back down to 166.
DD menu for today:

B: coffee w/cream
L: 1 egg, piece of Julian Bakery Bread
D: 2C Hamburger soup

At least with the hamburger soup I get my veggies in. It's about 572 calories. I just haven't been eating them much lately with the exception of tomato, cucumber, lettuce. Have an artichoke I will cook this weekend, but I'm sure not a good candidate for being a vegetarian! I am also leaning toward eating as late as I can, probably 1-2 for first meal, and keep a 4-5 hour window. That actually becomes IF which I find interesting. Many years ago I lost 35 lbs. eating that way. Of course I was much younger and had a personal trainer for weights plus going to work every day. Being retired makes for not much activity. Ho Hum!
Old 10-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

DD for me today.

Fasting during the day on tea & water, which I enjoy, except I did have some milk in a cup of coffee this morning.

I'll eat the rest of my menu plan for dinner:

1/4 C whole milk for coffee (40 calories)
2 hard-boiled eggs (140 cal)
1T mayo (90 cal)
1 FAGE 0% fat yogurt (90 cal)
1 slice Ezekiel bread (80 cal)
1 C cooked green beans (40 cal)

One pair of jeans which just fit me when I started JUDDD are now too loose in the waist. Just lovely!!

Smiles,
Cynthia
Old 10-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post

D: 2C Hamburger soup

Sounds good. Please post the recipe.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:31 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Just checking in. Friday's DD went fine; yesterday's UD bordered on out of control, though. It's hard on weekends when I am out socializing.

I weighed a few days ago and found myself up 2 and a half pounds, for no particular reason. I remember Leo telling me early on that this eating plan results in some wild fluctuations over the course of a week, so I wasn't worried about it. But I'll probably shoot for no more than once a week weighing.

Interestingly, on Atkins, I really NEEDED to weigh daily, or I'd slip off plan. On this plan, I'm comfortable and can see myself eating like this permanently, so I don't fear the idea of not weighing daily.

Later, friends.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 10-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #57
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2sing View Post

One pair of jeans which just fit me when I started JUDDD are now too loose in the waist. Just lovely!!

Smiles,
Cynthia
That's so great!
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

I over ate big time yesterday (2200). I am going to do a DD today just to "feel" good..lol
Old 10-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/74 years old 169/159/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
I'm down a pound, yes!, and have decided to incorporate Atkins '72 again along with two meals a day. I can still do JUDD, but I consistently have trouble sticking with 500 cals a day! I plan but it always gets up to 600-650. Maybe I shouldn't fight it and go with that.
Hanging in though!
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:39 AM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the replies re the popcorn. I must read labels tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a down day and I plan to have two pieces of spinach/artichoke quiche - 175 calories each and 50 grams of low fat shaved ham with 2 tbls. of low fat cream cheese - 90 calories.

Pat