Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
October JUDDD (Dr. Johnson's Up Day/Down Day Diet)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October JUDDD (Alternate-Day Diet)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October JUDDD--We can do hard things!
JUDDD/Alternate Day Diet Thread

Getting Started

There are two phases: weight loss and maintainance. To lose weight, calorie intake on the “down” day is limited to 20% to 35% of daily calorie requirement, although it is strongly recommended that calories be below 25% when starting a weight loss diet. To maintain weight loss and for optimal health, down day intake is kept at 50% to 60% of calorie needs.

Use the following tool (go to Dr Johnson's website for this) to calculate the down day calorie requirements. There is a strong tendency for overweight individuals to overestimate the "Activity" level, thereby allowing themselves high calorie allowance on the down day. To avoid this problem, for the first two weeks, you should consume no more than 500 calories on the down day regardless of your activity level.

Please google Dr. Johnson's site to find the Up Day Down Day Calorie Calculator

*This calculator provides an estimate of your calorie requirement so that you can determine your down day calories. The "Normal Calories" shown may be more or less than you actually feel like eating on the up day. The important principle is to adhere to the down day calorie limit as closely as possible. You do not have to eat all the calories shown as "Normal Calories".

Hunger Management

The key to success on the down day is learning what works for you. Remember that you can eat tomorrow.

Diet Stress

Other diets require daily reduction in calorie intake or limit the type of food eaten. This requires intricate meal plans and menus, cooking separate meals, and often more expensive foods. This wastes a lot of time and creates great stress. With the Johnson UpDayDownDay Diet™, you are allowed to eat whatever you want on the up day and your choices are greatly simplified on the down day, markedly reducing stress.

Energy level/mood

We have observed a consistent, measurable dramatic increase in energy level which is noticeable within 7-10 days which peaks around three weeks on the diet. This is consistent with animal studies in calorie restriction. This is a desirable and reinforcing sensation which encourages you to keep going.

The Up Day

On the up day, you can eat anything you want and as much as you want, but do not intentionally over eat.

When starting out, it is important to not concern yourself with up day calorie intake because of the phenomena of diet stress and diet fatigue. Focus on staying under 20-25% on the down day.

Based on animal research, the type of food eaten on the up day is unimportant compared to adhering to the down day calorie limit. This will activate genes (SIRT1) which set in motion the beneficial processes which produce optimal health.

The Down Day

It is important to commit in advance to a certain number of calories on the down day. We strongly suggest 20 – 25% for the first two weeks, but find that 30 - 35% is more tolerable for some people for a prolonged period of dieting. The lower the calories on the down day, the better, but the most important thing is to find a caloric intake you can comply with on ongoing basis.

We strongly suggest using only commercially prepared shakes in the first two weeks. Later, prepared foods with the calorie content marked on them can be eaten.. This is critically important to help guard against the universal tendency to underestimate how much we are eating.

Body Weight

How much you lose depends on several factors, the average in our study was 2.5 pounds per week, more the first week or two.

You should weigh yourself only on the morning after a down day and not more often than once a week or fluctuations will lead to frustration.

What People On The Diet Have To Say
“I will never diet any other way. I lost 30 pounds three years ago which I have kept off without the awful feeling of being on the diet.” – Heidi P.

“There was never a time in my entire life when I wasn’t wheezing from asthma until after being on the diet for two weeks.” – Theresa G.

“I couldn’t walk 50 feet without resting. After three weeks on the diet, I spent all day walking around the shopping mall.” – Ellen M.

“My rheumatoid arthritis got better 31 days after starting the diet.” – Judy L.

For more information, visit Dr. Johnson's website, or read his book,
"The Alternate-Day Diet: Turn on Your 'Skinny Gene,' Shed the Pounds, and Live a Longer and Healthier Life."

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2010, 02:17 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Leo

I am off to work. UD for me.

Sally.....It seems we are all really differant!! I think its great because you can customize it to yourself.

Last edited by JKat; 10-01-2010 at 02:25 AM..
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:51 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Leo, I second the . I was very happy to see the October thread.

Pat
Patlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:06 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Good Morning Juddders!!!

Leo - Yeah!!! Thanks for starting the October thread. It feels like a fresh start.

I am doing a down day today, and really am feeling great and on track. That is something I haven't felt for a few months. I LIKE it! I always wonder why I get off track, when it feels so good to be on track.

My next tackle is exercise. I am researching the couch to 5K and thinking about trying that. I have lots of options for exercise, just haven't been doing it.

Happy Juddding everyone! I will check in later!

Hypothyroid

Mini-goals:
120 115 110
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:22 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Wow, October already!!

Well, today was my 2 week weigh in. I lost a big fat 0. I'm kind of surprised to not have lost anything at all. I mean, not even 1/2 a pound. My scale did say low battery after I got off though so maybe that had something to do with it. But I doubt it.

Funny thing is that on other plans that would make me frustrated and I'd give up but this time is different. I actually don't want to give up. And I know where my problem is. I know I've been doing okay on my DD because I track everything. But I haven't tracked my UD at all. I really don't want to have to keep tracking of EVERYTHING. I get very anal when I do that and then it becomes too time consuming. I know my problem is dinner time/after work. So, I think my next tweak will be counting the calories I eat after work. I basically eat the same things at work on my UD so that part is pretty easy. But after work varies a lot. So, I think if I set a certain calorie amount and track that that should help. I'm going to try that before I have to resort to full blown calorie tracking.

The other tweak I know I need to make is exercising. Guess I better get my lazy butt up off the couch and start doing some workouts at least on my UD.

I can't believe I don't feel like throwing in the towel. Maybe something is finally clicking for me.
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:49 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: loves2sing
Stats: 180.5/148.4/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart JUDDD 11/24/11 at 152.8
Jiggles, remember that sometimes fat loss doesn't show on the scale right away, because our bodies fill the newly-empty fat cells with water & only release that water later... So you might show a big weight loss in the future, a "whoosh," which would actually include fat you'd lost over a longer time. Daily & even weekly weigh-ins are not necessarily showing us the fat loss picture.

Still, it's discouraging not to see the scale move... Good for you - You have a great attitude about it. I support you in giving it more time.

Happy October, Everyone!

Today is my first MD.

I am going to try fasting on water & tea during the day, just like I do on DDs, and then have the kind of dinner I have on UDs.

I'll see how it goes.

I posted a few minutes ago on the September thread... I'll say it again here: I'm down another 1/2 pound this morning, so down a full pound so far this week, which is my 2nd week on JUDD. This is the easiest and most comfortable way to lose weight that I've ever experienced.

Have a great day, JUDDDers.
Cynthia

Last edited by loves2sing; 10-01-2010 at 06:51 AM..
loves2sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #7
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
jiggles-
If it were me, I'd blame the low battery

You might want to track the UD just to 'assess.' Like you, when I was working, eating wasn't a problem during the workday, but one thing I discovered from tracking after work is how much eating I did in the evenings for 'entertainment.' It was like a second dinner--but via a series of 'harmless snacks' (or so I told myself)!

Cynthia-
I'm glad this is working so well for you Wait until the holidays! I started JUDDD just before Christmas and, of course, Christmas Day was an UD. Not only was it the first time I ate freely--and guilt free--in years, but I also ate less than I would have if I'd eaten with my normal 'stress' over the holidays. It was so amazing.

Michelle-
Yes, isn't it interesting how when we first hear of DDs, they sound extreme and intimidating, and then once we're in the JUDDD 'groove' we actually enjoy them? It always proves to me that my body wants much less food than I'd like to give it
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Cynthia, you're doing great! Good point about the scale. Mine is also a body fat scale and it was 2% lower than usual but I know they aren't very accurate so I don't get too worked up over the #. I don't believe I really lost 2% but maybe I did lose some.

Leo, yup, I think I'm having too many "harmless snacks" in the evenings on my UD. I am definitely going to start paying closer attention to those times to see if that gets the scale moving. It certainly can't hurt!
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Hi everyone!

I posted on the Sept board, then realized it was Oct and was definitely glad to see this new thread. Thanks Leo!

Jiggles - get that new battery then report back to us..lol

Michelle - I personally think exercise is a key factor in losing weight.

Cynthia - I think that is a great idea.

I could start a Juddd Exercise Thread. It would help us with accountability and hopefully encourage.
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post

Cynthia-
I'm glad this is working so well for you Wait until the holidays! I started JUDDD just before Christmas and, of course, Christmas Day was an UD. Not only was it the first time I ate freely--and guilt free--in years, but I also ate less than I would have if I'd eaten with my normal 'stress' over the holidays. It was so amazing.
Yes, Leo - I think stress has a great deal to do with how much we eat, and also with how our bodies use the food we ingest.

I have been just loving UDs, the freedom to relax about food. I am not counting anything at all on UDs, just avoiding pro-inflammatory foods & making healthy choices. It feels so luxurious!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel7298 View Post

I could start a Juddd Exercise Thread. It would help us with accountability and hopefully encourage.
Great idea!!
Old 10-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Just checking in, had a good week-will have a MD sometime this weekend, I also just eat like a DD until evening meal, and then have a medium sized meal, works well last week.Not into new territory yet, but it's coming.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:51 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Good morning JUDDDers!!! I have missed being on here. Glad to be back. I just read thru as much as i could on the end of the september board adn there has been alot of activity. That is great! This is a great way to eat. I really do find the DD's very relaxing and controlled and really enjoy them. I'm glad to see everyone doing so well adn finding what works for them with this woe. That can be the struggle in the beginning. Figuring out what to eat and hwo you need to eat on DD's and on UD's. I am like leo and find that i need to eat small amounts all day and i eat the same thing on my DD's. I ate my homemade zucchini/spinach soup for a whole month straight on DD's. I finallly just made a new soup this past weekend and now I will eat that one for at 2 wks. Dinner is always basically the same too. I did find a new wonderful breakfast instead of the EAS shake. I mix 1/2 cup greek yogurt and 1/2 cup pumpkin, put in some nutmeg and cinnamon and a little sweetener. It is way yummy! and very filling and has only 105 calories! I like it so much its my UD breakfast too...lol On UD's i add some pumpkin seeds to it.

Well, my week was crazy with the court thing. I decided i wasnt going to worry about DD's until this was over so that meant no DD on Monday since that was the court date. Well, it ended up being a DD anyway just because my tummy was so jacked up i could barely eat anything. I didnt feel totally back to normal again until about wed and really looked forward to a real DD. So i am back on schedule again. I am still maintaining under 140 and thats the main thing. As long as i am between about 137 and 140 i am a happy camper. Things still arent perfect right now. My mom still isnt speaking to me and probably wont for a while. I'm sure she will get over being upset but it really hurts not having her to talk to. She is really like a friend and i do miss her so much. I hope this doesnt last long with her. I may have to go beat her door down if she doesnt start talking to me soon...lol

I like the idea of having a exercise thread. I am in the hunt for a treadmill right now. Its too cold now in the mornings for me to go jog and i really miss it. I have a gazelle max that i used alot when i first got it but dont ever use it anymore. I needed something with mroe of a workout so i put it on craigslist and hope to sell it to help me buy a treadmill from craigslist. Keep your fingers crossed that someone will snatch it up. I really want a treadmill! I do calisthenics right now in the mornings. I try for at least 3 to 4 days a week. Its a great workout. squats, pushups, dumbells, lunges, jumping jacks, jumping rope, i change it up and do different things in 1 min intervals with a 30 second rest in between each exercise. It gets pretty tough. But i really want a treadmill...lol I miss jogging!

I will try to keep in touch more if i can and am so glad we have some newbies and that everyone is doing great.
Big football day ahead for us...woohoo!!!! OU vs TX is a big deal here! So pizza and wings today im sure. I love me some hot wings!

Have a great day everyone!!!!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Well I'm back after having DH home for a week. Now I have 2lbs to get rid of plus a sloppy old cold! At least it's only a couple of pounds - could be worse. I did some surfing this AM re calorie shifting and was amazed at how much info there is out there! It actually boosted my commitment level. Do any of you remember the Fat Loss 4 Idiots diet? That's calorie shifting. I happen to mesh with Leo's plan, which is for an average of 1000 a day. I may not lose quickly but I believe it will come off.

Here's to a great October everyone!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
DD today-things are going well, Stress high but manageable. Aren't the autumn colors lovely???
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Medium Day yesterday, with mixed results. I wrote about it on the DD Menus thread, don't want to repeat myself here.

Today is an UD - that's why I scheduled the MD yesterday. I want to make healthy food choices throughout the day, but I don't want to count anything, neither carb grams nor calories.

Part of what makes this way of eating something I think I can do for a long time is that I have freedom around food on my UD - just exactly like Dr. J describes in the book.

I know different people manage this differently, and I support each one of us doing what works for herself... but, for me, I start to feel deprived if I have to stay on a structured plan of eating every day.

So my commitment for UDs is to make healthy choices, which includes avoiding pro-inflammatory foods, and to eat what and when I want within that guideline.

It seems to be working for me, so far. I'll have to see how things go.

And I'm going to need to either avoid MDs or find a way to handle them that works better for me.

Happy weekend, everyone!
Cynthia
Old 10-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 View Post
I did find a new wonderful breakfast instead of the EAS shake. I mix 1/2 cup greek yogurt and 1/2 cup pumpkin, put in some nutmeg and cinnamon and a little sweetener. It is way yummy! and very filling and has only 105 calories!
Shelly - that sounds like heaven! I have the yogurt, now I need to get some pumpkin. Thank you! Also, congrats on the maintaining!

nitenurse - it will come just as you say!

SuzeQ - Welcome back!

Cynthia - I had a DD yesterday and tried just putting off eating till lunch, but got lightheaded twice trying to do housework and such. That leaves me out as well. I am sure you will get it figured out.

BTW - the exercise thread is up!
Old 10-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hello all....haven't posted in a few days. I've been having bouts of anxiety (before vacation) and then ended up in the hospital Thursday with A-fib (which I've had an episode of on and off for about the last 5 years). This one doesn't want to seem to end on it's own and my MD has put me on a couple of new medications (including the dreaded Coumadin). Hopefully that will only be short term, but there is always the danger of clot formation while in A-fib. I am really wiped out (slept 13.5 hours last night after getting no sleep in the hospital at all Thursday night) and trying not to stress over life in general.

I've decided for now to just eat lightly and sensibly and put JUDD on the back burner until I get this A-fib thing and my anxiety under control. I need to start taking medication for anxiety ongoing, but don't want to add another new medication to the mess at the moment or I won't have any idea what side effects I may be experiencing are coming from what medication.

I will definitely be lurking here and popping in now and then and will continue my accountability to the daily weigh ins on the Daily Weigher Thread on this forum. Glad this plan is working for so many of you. I am going to try and do 2 DD's per week, but not in so strict of manner that it's getting me stressed out. I tell you, it's demoralizing to feel like my life is so out of my control at the moment...I'm a control freak, so that's stressful enough right there!!

Wish me luck and say a little prayer for me. Guess I wouldn't be so freaked out about the whole thing (know A-fib is not a life threatening diagnosis), except my mother suffered a stroke following a cardio conversion for A-fib about 14 years ago and it scares the bejeezus (sp?) out of me!!

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:34 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Sherrie - I am sorry your having so many troubles at the moment. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:47 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Sherrie I know coumadins stinks but it is so important to prevent the clot formations. I hope you feel better. Please check in with us and give an update.

I am working all weekend so I have not had time to post. I am glad everyone seems to be doing well.

Jiggles hang in there. Great advice from the girls. Sometime the scale is a little behind us.

I am doing well. I woke up really hungry and think I am going to eat before work and then again at breakfast. I do not want the hunger to get out of control today. Its an UD for me and always a challenge!! I am within my range weight wise so very happy. Still have not figured out this maintaining thing yet. I have been eating alot more on UD and same on DD.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was an UP day for me and boy did I UP it..lol. I ate about 1700 calories. Yea, not the worse I could do, but I could have definitely done better. Today is my Dad's b day. We are eating out at lunch, so dinner will be salad. Maybe I can keep this day a lil more controlled.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:58 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Hang in there Sherrie. Sorry to hear your are having troubles. I will keep you in my prayers.

Jodi im also maintaining and find that i eat quite a bit on my UD's and i still keep my DD's the same. I really like that because i dont feel very restricted on my UD's. I still eat lowcarb of course and try to keep things in a normal range but i tend to be about 1800 to 2100 calories on UD's and my DD's about right around 400 or a little over.

Kel you could have done way worse...lol I went to the store and stocked up on more pumpkin today. I figure i better while its cheap. The libbys was 2 for 3.00 so not bad. It really is a wonderful breakfast, very very filling. I usually just eat half of it and save the other half for a little later. Its like eating the inside of a pumpkin pie!

I got to see all 5 of my kids today! That is a rare thing since the 3 older ones live on their own. That was exciting. My son had a cookout yesterday and grilled some chicken legs and then put buffalo wild wing sauce on them. He saved 3 for me. He is such a good boy!

well off to watch football. The steelers are playing and i just love troy polamalu!!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Kel, some people believe that eating a lot on alternate days is actually really good for our metabolisms, & helps w/ fat loss. I've been reading stuff online about "calorie shifting" and "calorie cycling"... You may have even helped yourself w/ a very-up UD yesterday.

Shelly, later today I'm going to make the Broccoli Cauliflower Soup you posted on the recipes thread. It sounds just delicious - thanks! I have many cans of regular rotel, so I'll use that, but otherwise I'm going to follow your recipe. I'm looking forward to having warm soup loaded with healthy veggies for part of my dinner tonight.

Happy JUDDDing today, everyone.
Cynthia

Last edited by loves2sing; 10-03-2010 at 12:25 PM..
Old 10-04-2010, 04:54 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Just a quick good morning to everyone before i head to work. I am so looking forward to my DD today. I worked out this morning for about 20 min so i know today will be a struggle. Its always harder when i workout in the morning of the DD. I get so hungry. But i will enjoy the hunger a little today since I dont think I allowed myself to get hungry at all over the weekend...lol

Have a good day everyone!!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:37 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning, Everyone!

After 2 weeks on JUDDD, I've lost 5 pounds, 4 during the first week and 1 during the second.

That's an excellent beginning.

I had lost that pound by the middle of last week. I suspect that I didn't lose any more because I had a so-called MD that turned into an UD on Friday, then an UD on Saturday... So the result of 2 UDs in a row, followed by a DD yesterday, was that my weight stayed the same.

I prefer alternating UDs and DDs. That seems simple and easy.

If my life seems to require a MD again, so I can change the days of the alternation, I think I will plan my meals in advance as I do for DDs. My judgment in the moment about food is not very reliable.

Okay, now I'm beginning week 3.

Have a good one, all!
Cynthia
Old 10-04-2010, 08:17 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Hello all....haven't posted in a few days. I've been having bouts of anxiety (before vacation) and then ended up in the hospital Thursday with A-fib (which I've had an episode of on and off for about the last 5 years). This one doesn't want to seem to end on it's own and my MD has put me on a couple of new medications (including the dreaded Coumadin). Hopefully that will only be short term, but there is always the danger of clot formation while in A-fib. I am really wiped out (slept 13.5 hours last night after getting no sleep in the hospital at all Thursday night) and trying not to stress over life in general.

I've decided for now to just eat lightly and sensibly and put JUDD on the back burner until I get this A-fib thing and my anxiety under control. I need to start taking medication for anxiety ongoing, but don't want to add another new medication to the mess at the moment or I won't have any idea what side effects I may be experiencing are coming from what medication.

I will definitely be lurking here and popping in now and then and will continue my accountability to the daily weigh ins on the Daily Weigher Thread on this forum. Glad this plan is working for so many of you. I am going to try and do 2 DD's per week, but not in so strict of manner that it's getting me stressed out. I tell you, it's demoralizing to feel like my life is so out of my control at the moment...I'm a control freak, so that's stressful enough right there!!

Wish me luck and say a little prayer for me. Guess I wouldn't be so freaked out about the whole thing (know A-fib is not a life threatening diagnosis), except my mother suffered a stroke following a cardio conversion for A-fib about 14 years ago and it scares the bejeezus (sp?) out of me!!
God bless you, Sherrie! Don't guilt yourself over the anxiety - it very well may be a symptom of an underlying condition and not the cause of the A-fib. For example, a subclinical thyroid condition can cause anxiety. You have done well to stay in tune with your weight, post, and try plans that will bring you better health. Prayers for safety while in the hospital, and the correct treatment.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:20 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Shelly - I picked up some pumpkin yesterday and had your pumpkin pie filling this morning after my 50 minute workout (and yes today is a dd for me)...talk about yum yum! LOL..you should have told me you don't eat the whole thing. When I looked at how much it made, I was like..wow, this is a treat! I got full and it has stayed with me all morning!

Cynthia - thank you for that. I sure hope that I didn't blow it. I wanna lose this weight!

Have a good day everyone
Old 10-04-2010, 11:09 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning Juddders,

Sherrie, I'm so sorry you're going through so much right now. I hope you're feeling better each day and . Please keep us posted.

May I please be awarded the Doofus of the Month award (and I'm only blonde with the help of a bottle). I have been disappointed in my losses, because I thought that at least the first couple of weeks I should have lost more. Well guess what. I've been reporting pounds lost, but my scale weighs in kilos. When I got on the scale this morning -- my 3 week anniversary -- it showed a loss of 0.9 kilos, which penetrated my thick skull as two pounds. Guess what--in three weeks I've lost 8 pounds and I am tickled pink.

Shelly the Greek yogurt and pumpkin sounds delicious. On up days I have Greek yogurt with blueberries and a handful of walnuts for breakfast. The only Greek yogurt I can get here is full fat, so the yogurt alone is almost 150 calories. I think I'll get some fat free yogurt this morning and drain it to make yocheese and mix it with pumpkin for my down day breakfast tomorrow. Thanks for the idea.

Kel, I keep looking at your exercise thread--without opening it. People say that exercise gets to be addictive, but I don't believe them. I am a shameless couch potato. Maybe with another ten pounds less of me I will take the plunge.

Cynthia, congratulations on the 5 pounds. Isn't Juddd wonderful. I really don't feel I'm on a diet because every other day I can have pretty much whatever I want to eat.

It's the simple things in life that make me happy. TGIF has taken on a whole new meaning since Fridays are UP days.

Pat
Old 10-04-2010, 11:29 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just qualified for the Double Doofus Award. Fridays are down days for me. So I guess it's TGISS for me Thank God it's Saturday and Sunday.

Pat
Old 10-05-2010, 04:40 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone! These losses are wonderful to hear! You guys rock!!! I love this woe so much!!!!

Kel, im glad you liked my pumpkin pie filling! It does make alot. Its very filling and im sure you didnt blow anything at all. It just seems so wicked because its so good but its not many calories at all so you did fine and plus you ate it right after a massive workout!!!

Yesterday was a DD for me and i went to bed thinking about food...lol I have days like that. It wasnt a bad day at all though. I ended up only having about 420 calories for the day and felt great. I love that you go to bed thinking about food and what you are going to eat the next day and then wake up not even hungry! That just boggles my mind. I got up and had a great workout and then had my protein shake and feel great. I made some scrambled with some cheese and hot sauce last night to take to work for breakfast today. I was really craving eggs for some reason. For lunch i will go to the grocery store deli and find some good meat to eat. I love that deli. I have such a hard time deciding what to get.

Off to finish getting ready for work. Have a great day everyone!!!