Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Haven't had a chance to read everyone's postings here today, but did want to make the note that instead of the DD I was supposed to be having today, I've decided to have another reasonable UD, with a DD tomorrow, followed by another UD.

My sister had surgery today, DH's daughter is visiting us and staying here today, and then the day after tomorrow, I'm having a fun luncheon with old girlfriends I haven't seen in months. I want Up Days for these two days, so am giving my pattern a jig and a jog. Trust I won't damage anything. I expect our wild human ancestors had an occasional period of two UD's in a row! LOL

Back later to read everything here. Have a great and successful day, Everyone!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2010, 01:24 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: loves2sing
Stats: 180.5/148.4/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart JUDDD 11/24/11 at 152.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
also. I spread my dd calories thru out the day. I have alot of low cal. items on hand to get me thru. I also drink black coffee and green tea. and water. I wait as long as I can to eat on dds and I eat very slowly. I heard some where that it takes 15 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain its full.

I dunno it works for me.
For all the newbies: This approach does not work for me at all.

Once I start to eat, something in me wants to keep on eating.

I am happiest on DDs when I fast on lots of tea & water through the day, and then eat all of my calories at dinnertime. I love feeling light during the day... and I never feel hungry until dinnertime, if then.

These "fasting" DDs are easy for me. I have a much more challenging time with my UDs... because, once I start eating, it's challenging to stop.

So JUDDD works differently for different people. YMMV, as they say. I encourage each of you to try different approaches and see what works best for you.

Welcome, everyone!
Cynthia
loves2sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:28 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2sing View Post

I am happiest on DDs when I fast on lots of tea & water through the day, and then eat all of my calories at dinnertime. I love feeling light during the day... and I never feel hungry until dinnertime, if then.

These "fasting" DDs are easy for me. I have a much more challenging time with my UDs... because, once I start eating, it's challenging to stop.

So JUDDD works differently for different people. YMMV, as they say. I encourage each of you to try different approaches and see what works best for you.

Welcome, everyone!
Cynthia

Cynthia
- I am exactly the same way. Once I start eating I have to keep eating. It works out if I don't start eating till later in the day. I have tried all different foods to start with and it doesn't matter if it's a flax muffin or eggs, I will keep eating.

Michelle
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:39 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Msgirl & others, Dr. J suggests staying strictly under 500 calories on DDs for the first 2 weeks.

The goal is to activate the SITR-1 gene, which leads to weight loss and many other health benefits, such as helping people with asthma get off their medication.

JUDDD isn't just a calorie-controlled way of eating. It's designed to activiate this SIRT-1 gene, which is usually activated when people are fasting, and makes weight loss much easier. I'd encourage everyone to read about the science behind this in Dr. J's book.

Last edited by loves2sing; 10-27-2010 at 01:42 PM..
Old 10-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2sing View Post

Welcome, everyone!
Cynthia
again what works for one may not work for another.

The reason I do it this way is Dr. J talks about sipping your shakes thru out your dds. So I follow that approach. Kinda like sipping my food thru out the day.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #156
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
msgirl- I suspect that some of you are getting higher DD numbers because of the 'percentage' issue. I always went with the lowest percentage offered.

But all of you should heed Cynthia's comment about 500 cal or less for at least the first 2 weeks of DDs. That's critical to this plan.

And you're wise not to try to go too low on DDs. When I was doing 350 DDs, it was after more than a year on JUDDD, and it just came naturally.

SoHappy-- You're right to just do two UDs when you need to. For me, the key has always been the DDs, and I often had 2 UDs in a row because it took me months to master the "medium day." As long as I was faithful to my DDs, I continued to lose.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:41 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

My weight is down this morning, down a pound since my last weigh-in.

I'm really glad to see this.

I had been stuck for a while, showing no weight loss, and even going up 1/2 pound -and I wasn't clear about what was causing it. I had two things going on: I had some Up Days when I overate (I have been thinking of them as up-up-and-away days) and also I recently increased my Down Day calories to 600.

Things settled down a bit this week. Tuesday's Up Day was a more reasonable one. All of my Down Days have been fine, well below 600 calories. Now this morning the scale is down a pound. Hurray!

Of course, weight loss isn't a linear process. One's weight on a particular day does not necessarily reflect the previous few days' fat loss. Our bodies sometimes release fat but fill up the fat-storage cells with water, which is only released later. I know all this.

And, early on in my JUDDDing days, I lost weight even when I overate on UDs. My DDs were under 500 calories, and - as Leo said above - having the DDs right seems to be the key to losing weight on JUDDD.

So there's no way to be certain about why my weight is down today, and I can't know when I lost the fat... Still, it is reassuring to see this loss, now that my DD calorie limit is up to 600.

I find my DDs really easy and peaceful, as I posted above. UDs are a challenge, and I think that's where I need to focus my attention now.

Starting today.

Have a good one, everybody!
Cynthia
Old 10-28-2010, 07:23 AM   #158
Senior LCF member

Cynthia-
Congratulations on the loss! I suspect that the failure to lose was the rise in calories on both UDs and DDs. For me, a 600-calorie DD is maintenance level.

A lot of our posters have had difficulty with UDs. I think it was never an issue for me because I count as carefully on UDs as DDs--but I know a lot of people don't like counting all the time. I just happen to be a compulsive, so it works for me
Old 10-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Just a quick hello!! I am sorry that I have been MIA but its just been so busy that I have not had a chance to even come to the site.

Hi to all the new judders

I do want to say that I am much better if I too only drink liqs throughout the day and have something small before bed. My DD calories are low. I find once I eat I do not want to stop.

Last edited by JKat; 10-28-2010 at 12:53 PM..
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:22 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-235)/160
WOE: Atkins/Fast-5
Start Date: 1972
Just checking in, back on JUDDD after really high stress couple months, family issues. Finally decided I had to just grow up and take care of myself first. Feeling better, back in ketosis, which I have never seen on any other lowcarb plan.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #161
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi everyone. my transition back to midnights went well.
so cheers to a better controlled up day for me.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Having a good UD so far today.

I don't like to eat first thing in the morning. (I'm just the opposite of Leo!)

Hard-boiled egg, an apple, and a salad for lunch, tri-tip steak and vegetables for dinner.

Getting back to thinking in terms of meals of healthy protein plus veggies. I know that's the healthiest way for me to eat... and it's delicious, too.

Goodnight, everyone.
Cynthia
Old 10-29-2010, 03:59 AM   #163
Senior LCF member

Nitenurse- Good to see you back! And, yes, take care of yourself--because no one else will. And in my old age, I'm finding that taking care of myself is increasingly important.

dasiey-I'm glad you're managing with your shifts. I knew you'd work it out. By the way, I understand that shift work like that is stressful to the body, so be sure to take care of yourself and get enough rest.

Cynthia- Yes, whenever I go "off" in my eating, I wonder why because I find that protein plus veggies is the best way for me to eat--both for weight loss and controlling pain.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:41 PM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Leo your a lot of help.
dd for me.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:18 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Hi Everyone. Have been spending time with DH who is home all week. No weight gain thank you very much but will not get back "on it" until next Tuesday.

Leo: So glad you are back to help us!

Take care and I will post next week.
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:55 AM   #166

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
These last three days or so have shown me a wonderful advantage to using the JUDDDD plan for weight management. It is very forgiving of those times when you can't follow it on a strict schedule for whatever reason.

My sister had to go in for a surgery, DH's daughter was visiting us for several days, I'm extra busy at work right now out in the field where we're all working on these new houses, working evenings on fixing up, painting, decorating a home for a lady, and enjoying a wonderful luncheon with three other old girlfriends who all sold real estate with me several years ago. Not a moment to really relax, and those are the times that are so conducive to just *grabbing something easy* as you rush through the day! And that is almost always something that is loaded with calories and lacking in nutrition.

Having already worked out a couple of 500-calorie days, it's pretty fast to just whip those up. But also nice to not have to even think *diet* sometimes too! This really does seem to be a plan that is allowing me to maintain almost without having to work at it. It's more forgiving than so many other programs, which I appreciate right now when I'm so busy. I've had three UDs in a row here, and pretty darned far UP too... LOL... and weight is only up a couple of pounds. I know it's water weight pop-up, so that will drop back off in a couple more days now that daughter has left and I'm caught up with work. I expect to back down in weight in no more than two days. Then I'll continue to maintain or maybe even work to lose another pound or two.

I'm expecting a productive weekend, but a restful and satisfying one too. And I'm eager to get going with my day so will cut off now. Looking forward to reading everyone's posts this evening. Have fun today, Friends!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:00 AM   #167
Senior LCF member

So Happy- You've discevered why many of us are committed to JUDDD--it's so forgiving! We've all had times as you describe when it's so easy to eat 'not-so-carefully' for a few days, whether it's a vacation, holidays, or simply stressful times as you describe.

But we've found that a couple of good DDs takes care of any 'dietary indiscretions.' I fear gaining back any of the weight I've lost, but I don't get stressed over an occasional 'off day' because I know I can rely on JUDDD!
Old 10-31-2010, 03:39 PM   #168

Gallery: jiggles

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've posted so I thought I'd give a quick update. I'm still JUDDDing but the week before last week I was out of town for a work training. I knew I wouldn't be able to do my DD's on Tuesday & Thursday (I was with another person and knew we'd be going out for lunch & dinner) so I was going to shoot for MDs. I'm just not ready to explain my WOE to anyone (especially coworkers) yet (well, except my SO & sister know about it) because I know most people around here would think it's crazy to eat 500 calories or less even if it's just every other day. Anyway, my MDs ended up being more like UDs. So, basically I was off JUDDD for about a week. I didn't weigh in that Friday because I didn't want to be discouraged. I got right back on my DDs last Sunday. They were a little tougher this week but I made it through them. I weighed in this Friday and at first I thought I was up a 1/2 lb. (which I was completely okay with considering I was expecting to be up more) but later I realized that I was calculating it wrong and I was actually down a 1/2 lb. I was pretty happy with that considering I was on a haitus from JUDDD for a week. I'm right back on track now and believe I will continue to see the scale go down.

This is the first time in a very long time that I've been able to get back on a plan after having several days of being off. It definitely helps to have seen progress with this plan.

I have to go out of town again in November for the last part of my work training. I know I will have the same issues with the DDs but I'm confident that I will get right back to them once I'm home. I will just try to not overdo it while I'm gone.
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mistydisa
Stats: 224/199/150
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: Sept. 30, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Jennifer-
I'm not trying to be snarky, but your signature lists "HCG my way," and my understanding of the HCG protocol is that it has to be done exactly as specified. I read in another thread that because of the hormones you're taking, it's not advised unless the person follows the protocol as prescribed.
There are lots of non-Simeon's a.k.a "rogues and rebels" doing hhcg their own way and having lots of success! There are a few combining the hhcg with JUDDDD. I think this rebel way is only successful with hhcg and not rx hcg.
mistydisa is offline   Reply With Quote