Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 08:24 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Welcome to the board Lillianna
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/74 years old 169/159/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
WTG Cynthia! You are more vigilant than I. My DD's often stray into the 600-700 cal area. Think I have to quit using cream in my coffee on DD's. How many calories have you been taking in on your UD's, and are you staying LC or just whatever? Good going.
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: loves2sing
Stats: 180.5/148.4/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart JUDDD 11/24/11 at 152.8
Suze, on my UDs, I eat what I want, when I want - just as written in Dr. J's book.

As he wrote, I don't intentionally over-eat. That's the only limit he gives.

Because I have had some arthritis in my hands, and also because it's healthier in general, I choose to avoid pro-inflammatory foods on both UDs and DDs. I feel my best when I avoid sugar, white flour, artificial sweeteners, chemical additives, unhealthy fats, etc.

YMMV, of course.
loves2sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PalmTreeGal
Stats: 181/132.8/120 @ 5'2
WOE: LC eclectic
I received the book on Friday, read it over the weekend and I am ready to start! Today was my first DD, harder than I expected. I have a headache and when I took a nap I had a very detailed dream about Chinese food. I'm going to stay LC on the up days, but enjoy the good stuff like fruit, cheese, homemade LC treats, and nuts.
PalmTreeGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #65
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2sing View Post
Weight loss: 3 pounds this week, for a total of 8 pounds in the 3 weeks.

I am absolutely delighted. This way of eating suits me perfectly.

Cynthia
Great job! You're doing awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
I ran my first 5K run today and finished!!! My whole family was there and it was a great feeling to accomplish this goal. I really enjoy running/jogging. I like the feeling of being free without any cell phone or kids/people in general!! I work as a nurse and I am always talking and listening. Its nice to just be with my thoughts and not have to answer questions or hear mom being called 10times!!

Today is a DD and I really do look foward to them. Yesterday I had a better UD than I been without any sugar and felt much better.
Congrats on the 5K!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
Well I tried Juddd about a year ago. I lost about 10 lbs.And then got bored
and quit. I guess I moved on to another plan.
But I also like the feeling of lightness on my dds I had forgotten that part.
So today will be dd for me. below 500 cals. plus I do exercise so I plan on
keeping that up as well.
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:24 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Good morning Juddders to the new Juddders and to all the losers. This is really a great WOE. It really feels like being on a diet for only a day because tomorrow is almost like a party day.

Today was my weigh in day and I have lost another 3 pounds for a total of 11 pounds for the month. If I could get my Sunday medium day under control, I think I could even do better for my second month. Saturday and Sunday seem to turn into two up days, but I don't want to change my Monday Wednesday and Friday down days because I find it so easy to know what days of the week to socialize since socializing always seems to involve food and drink.

Pat
Patlaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:48 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
My frist dd went well. So today is ud. I hope I can control my self.
i would like to eat 3 healthy small meals and a snack.
Plus exercise......
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:39 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lillianna
Stats: 233/210/150 5'6"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel7298 View Post
Welcome to the board Lillianna
Thanks Kel! I have to tell you that you look a lot like my sister's arch nemesis in high school-- Jenny Watson was the head cheer leader, prom queen, valedictorian, etc. etc. She was very sweet, too, but it didn't stop my sister from hating her LOL...
Quote:
My frist dd went well. So today is ud. I hope I can control my self.
i would like to eat 3 healthy small meals and a snack.
Plus exercise......
Today is my 3rd DD, Dasiey...Good luck today...

I think my DD are getting easier... I'm having coffee w/ milk for breakfast, 2 HB eggs w/ one tbls. light mayo, lettuce and cukes for lunch...Probably a can of tuna when I get home...

The scale is going steadily down! I can finally change my stats!
Lillianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

way to go Lillianna. your menu sounds good.
On dds I decided to give up my coffee cream
I dont want to drink my calories.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/74 years old 169/159/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Dasiey: Believe me I get what you are saying about the cream in your coffee. It has absolutely ruined my DD's, but no longer!

Pat: How I wish I would lose that many pounds. Getting old is a drag in that department for sure. Keep it up!
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DooneBug
Stats: 232/216/160
WOE: Low Carb/Strength Training
Start Date: August 2010
First DD will be two EAS shakes (220) and a bit of baked chicken (280) and lots of water. I'm planning my DDs from 8PM to 8PM so that I can have dinner every night.

I am also going to make a whole hearted attempt to eat low carb on my UD. I just feel better that way.

I gained 5 pounds in three weeks by low carbing. I am doing JUDDD to shake things up.
DooneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

I got started yesterday. The DD was harder than I anticipated. I have done some very low calorie dieting and managed okay, but for some reason I was thinking a lot about food. My weight was down 3 pounds this morning, but that is because I was carbed up from 4 days of eating poorly. I had a cold and let my LC eating slip. Do the DDs get better/easier? Maybe it would have been better if I had stuck to shakes and protein powder like the author recommends. I had protein powder in my coffee, a stick of Ostrim jerky, and an Oh Yeah protein wafer bar. Not the most nutritious but not terrible. I don't know if I can drink shakes all day every other day for 2 weeks. Blech.

Today I have enjoyed my LC food and not tried to restrict quantities, which was lovely. Ate an apple with PB after dinner and felt blessed I can handle relatively hi-carb treats like that.

I really hope I can skim off some more pounds with this. It's annoying that I have to resort to "tricks" to peel off the weight but I don't blame my body for being stubborn after all the dieting and starvation I've put it through!

My 2010 Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...0-journey.html
Old 10-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

PTG - I really didn't have a problem with the shakes. The EAS brand is fine if chilled. I do think that by guaranteeing one good meal every day by making my DDs 8PM to 8PM, I am able to sleep on a full stomach, and get through the lean hours.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooneBug View Post
I'm planning my DDs from 8PM to 8PM so that I can have dinner every night.

Hmm... DooneBug, you might want to take another look at your plan.

The 500 calories of a DD works because it is all the calories one takes in between sleeping one night and sleeping the next - the only calories one takes in for something like 32 hours.

That is the biological equivalent of a "fasting" day, and that's what activates the SIRT1 gene that Dr. J wrote about, leading to weight loss and other health benefits.

Having a 500-calorie limit from 8 p.m. to 8 p.m. might be some kind of calorie-controlled eating, but it's not JUDDD.

If your calorie-limited time ends at 8 p.m., then you will take in more than the 500 calories before you go to sleep. That is not a DD, and you won't get the benefits of the alternate-day fasting.

I encourage you to read Dr. J's book.

Cynthia
Old 10-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Thanks. The book is on order.

If I don't lose any weight, It will strengthen my commitment even more.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:50 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

I'm down another pound-- 7.5 lbs. in one week... Three more pounds and I'll be back to my 1997 weight LOL...

This week has been amazing--no cravings at all...crossing my fingers that this will last. Giving up wheat completely has made all the difference...it's like crack to me... I've also cut way back on dairy...trying to wean myself off that, too...

I guess I'll have to get the JUDDD book...I have so many questions; I seem to have DD around 600 or even 700 calories and UD around 1900... I hope that's okay. Tomorrow I'll try to stay around 500 for my DD...
Old 10-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

well I work weird. I work midnights 12a to 10a. and then 7 on and 7 off. I think midnight to midnight would work. what do you all think.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillianna View Post
I'm down another pound-- 7.5 lbs. in one week... Three more pounds and I'll be back to my 1997 weight LOL...

This week has been amazing--no cravings at all...crossing my fingers that this will last. Giving up wheat completely has made all the difference...it's like crack to me... I've also cut way back on dairy...trying to wean myself off that, too...

I guess I'll have to get the JUDDD book...I have so many questions; I seem to have DD around 600 or even 700 calories and UD around 1900... I hope that's okay. Tomorrow I'll try to stay around 500 for my DD...

Congrats on the weight loss, Lillianna!

Dr. J recommends starting out with 2 weeks of DDs at 500 calories or below. After that, people can try taking in more calories on DDs and see if they continue losing weight.

You have been losing weight, so what you're doing seems to be working for you.

DD calorie levels will vary, depending on one's weight. So what works for you now might not work in the future, as you get smaller.

You can read about this on the JUDDD website while you're waiting for the book.

Sounds like you've had a great first week!
Cynthia
Old 10-13-2010, 06:49 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Today is my second DD and I am not liking it! I can't just go around being this hungry all the time. My willpower will break down! Here's hoping it gets easier. I look forward to tomorrow but I don't see how I can possible not be be hungrier than usual.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:48 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmTreeGal View Post
Today is my second DD and I am not liking it! I can't just go around being this hungry all the time. My willpower will break down! Here's hoping it gets easier. I look forward to tomorrow but I don't see how I can possible not be be hungrier than usual.
Hi PalmTreeGal,
I remember your posts from long ago...your progress is inspiring!

I think this is my 4th DD and mine are hard, too...but they do seem to be getting easier. I've been skipping breakfast and just having coffee w/ a little bit of milk. Interestingly, the more I eat volume-wise the hungrier I am. On one DD I tried eating a big bowl of lettuce, cukes, cabbage and cauliflower w/ a small amount of chicken and a tiny amount of dressing. I was hungy within two hours. Whereas if I eat a can of tuna w/ a tblspoon of light mayo I'm okay... I'd like to try giving up the mayo and replacing it with a salsa-based dressing w/ a small amount of sour cream. I worry about the soy bean oil in the mayo...

I can never keep it at 500 calories... My DD have been between 550 and 700 calories but I'm okay with that for now.

Let us know how today goes... For me, a big cup of herbal tea takes away the hunger for quite a while...

Good luck!
Old 10-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Congrats on the weight loss, Lillianna!

Dr. J recommends starting out with 2 weeks of DDs at 500 calories or below. After that, people can try taking in more calories on DDs and see if they continue losing weight.

You have been losing weight, so what you're doing seems to be working for you.

DD calorie levels will vary, depending on one's weight. So what works for you now might not work in the future, as you get smaller.

You can read about this on the JUDDD website while you're waiting for the book.

Sounds like you've had a great first week!
Cynthia
Thanks, Cynthia! I do need to read more about JUDDD--and I need to stop weighing every day. I saw a small correction on the scale this morning--it went up a bit but that was to be expected after such a big loss...I'm sure it's a water weight thing and I'm not worried about it...but I don't want to start expecting to see a loss every day--that's just not going to happen. I think I'll weigh in only on Wednesdays...
Old 10-14-2010, 08:14 AM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Well my second dd went well. But I am so confused. I just got off work.so in the last 35 hours I have had 500 calories. So should I just go to bed and start my ud when I wake up. or should I start it now and end it at midnight. Dr.J does say our dd is for 24 hours. I don't know. Help
Old 10-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well my second dd went well. But I am so confused. I just got off work.so in the last 35 hours I have had 500 calories. So should I just go to bed and start my ud when I wake up. or should I start it now and end it at midnight. Dr.J does say our dd is for 24 hours. I don't know. Help
Daisey, I think you have a unique situation, with your unusual work schedule.

Why don't you send an email to Dr. J (at his website) with your questions?

He'd be the best source for advice.

Hope your day went well.
Cynthia
Old 10-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Lilliana! Thanks for your kind words. It has been an interesting journey.

Today is DD #3 and it is going better. I'm off work today so I can space my meals as I please and that is easier. I have been weighing every day, even though the book says not to. It is my routine and if I don't weigh every day I can quickly lose all accountability. I haven't seen a lot of loss but I know I am holding a ton of water from the broccoli/ham/cheddar casserole I made. I'm going to drink like crazy today and see if I get a loss tomorrow!

What do you all think about doing this in combo with LC? The author says LC is bad and you shouldn't try to combine the two. Personally LC has been a huge part of my success, and I believe that this will be the first time I keep the weight off, because I genuinely like my food and don't have to limit quantities much. I've flirted with diets that involve some much higher carb days and I don't like it. Once I start eating that stuff I can't stop. I feel out of control which is scary when I have come so far!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
The author says LC is bad and you shouldn't try to combine the two.
Thanks PalmTreeGal--I didn't know that...guess I won't be buying the book... I still like the idea of JUDDD though, but I'm a LCer for life... Will continue with the 2000/500 calorie up/down days...

I'm with you in that I can go crazy with the higher carb foods...Plus I'm pre-diabetic and I'd like to keep the "pre"
Old 10-15-2010, 12:55 PM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Daisey, I think you have a unique situation, with your unusual work schedule.

Why don't you send an email to Dr. J (at his website) with your questions?

He'd be the best source for advice.

Hope your day went well.
Cynthia
Thanks. well I don't have a lot to worry with lately
I have the flu. I can't eat anyway. But I will send
out an email.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

oh an today is dd number 3 or 4 everything I tried to eat
yesterday came back up.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Poor thing! ((hug)) Stay hydrated.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:26 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Lilliana! Thanks for your kind words. It has been an interesting journey.

Today is DD #3 and it is going better. I'm off work today so I can space my meals as I please and that is easier. I have been weighing every day, even though the book says not to. It is my routine and if I don't weigh every day I can quickly lose all accountability. I haven't seen a lot of loss but I know I am holding a ton of water from the broccoli/ham/cheddar casserole I made. I'm going to drink like crazy today and see if I get a loss tomorrow!

What do you all think about doing this in combo with LC? The author says LC is bad and you shouldn't try to combine the two. Personally LC has been a huge part of my success, and I believe that this will be the first time I keep the weight off, because I genuinely like my food and don't have to limit quantities much. I've flirted with diets that involve some much higher carb days and I don't like it. Once I start eating that stuff I can't stop. I feel out of control which is scary when I have come so far!
I had a Belgian waffle today and the reaction of my body was to take a nap. It didn't sit well with me at all. I HAVE to LC for quality of life as well as health.

Maybe this is something that needs to be tweaked for individuals. Atkins is also that way.

I can tell you that for me, JUDDD seems to be giving my digestive system a rest. I am finally resolving my clogged drains (ahem) and they ARE caused by LCing for me.

Last edited by DooneBug; 10-15-2010 at 04:28 PM..
Old 10-16-2010, 06:10 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

well dd yesterday went well I ate nothing. But I am feeling lots better today.