Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Update...

Thank you all for the kind words and prayers. Pleased to report that I did convert back to a normal rhythm out of A-fib on Sunday morning. Saw my cardiologist again yesterday and will remain on this new anti-arrhythmic drug and hopefully it will do the trick...no more A-fib. I do need to remain on the Coumadin for at least 3 months, but guess I can live with that...not much choice.

Trying to just tone down my life a little and CHILL, as my teenage granddaughter says. Not really doing JUDD at the moment but trying to make healthy choices and did lose another pound this week....down to 254.5.

Congratulations to all who are doing so well!! Great losses and I'm so pleased that JUDD is working for you all.

Redeemed....I don't believe the anxiety is the cause of the A-fib (although the A-fib certainly contributes to my anxiety! )....my mother and father both had it and my doctor says there is a genetic component involved. I've had one or two episodes/year for about 5 years now and time to get rid of it once and for all. How are you doing on your new plan? Forgot exactly what you were doing now, but hope it's working for you. Miss hearing from you on this thread.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
WTG Pat! How awesome for you on your doofusness weight loss!!! You should open that thread and get inspired. Just a little exercise is better than none at all. How bout walk for 10 minutes today...thinking challenge..lol.

Shelly - that is what I thought too. Thank you so much for sharing that.

I ended up gravitating from my DD plan yesterday. We ended up going out to dinner with a friend. I think I made wise choices but you never know at a restaurant.
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Sherrie Glad you're feeling better! I'm rotating between calorie cycling, straight 1700 calories a day, and JUDDD. I'm almost at the 40 pound goal - about another pound and a half and I'll be there. I seem to have a consistent loss with all this calorie cycling; and I think I get to indulge in more calories at the same time. This week I started JUDDD on Saturday and have already lost another 4 pounds. I don't know the science behind all this, but it definitely is working. I can almost see Onderland! Hope you continue to do well. Where's Leo? Happy JUDDDing to all on this thread!!!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:22 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DooneBug
Stats: 232/216/160
WOE: Low Carb/Strength Training
Start Date: August 2010
Considering starting this WOE. Any advice?
DooneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:46 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Hi Doone! You might read what Leo posted originally at the thread start. There is also a DD menu thread, DD recipe thread, as well as a DD exercise thread. All these are great resources to help you reach your goal.

Good Luck!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:47 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Hi Doone! You might read what Leo posted originally at the thread start. There is also a DD menu thread, DD recipe thread, as well as a DD exercise thread. All these are great resources to help you reach your goal.

Good Luck!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:11 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Hi Redeemed I am very happy for you. It sounds like you found what works. What are your plans now. Judd for a while then go back to more calorie cycling with higher calories?? It seems to have really worked for you and put u in a good mind state.

Sherrie I am so glad you r feeling better. I hope the meds work for you!!

Doofus of the month wtg on your loss!!

Hi to everyone else!! It seems things are going well!!

I am still maintaining and doing okay. Not so sure I like maintaining the way I am. I have eaten some sugary things with any weight change. I do not however like the way I feel after eating them. You would think I would learn. I know that carbs are not effecting like I thought they would. I am tolerating them. I am still playing with my UDs to see what works best for me. My head has not yet followed with me tolerating carbs. I still seem to have a bit of anxiety on UDs. For so I long I have foods that are a no no. Now those good carbs are okay but my head just has not followed suit yet. I am trying and consider myself a work in progress.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:14 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooneBug View Post
Considering starting this WOE. Any advice?

Hi Doone. After U read Leo's opening post u will have a better idea of how this all works. Feel free to ask questions and we will try and answer them for you.

What I can say is that our bodies are differant. Some of us have been able to tolerate carbs without a problem and others have not. In how your plan goes thats going to have to be a trial and error thing.

to the thread!!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:01 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Doon Welcome! I lost 30 pounds doing JUDDD - 500 calories one day and 2100 calories the next. Now I switch between plans to speed things up; and I can actually eat more. Leo is a great example of how to do JUDDD as she lost over 90 pounds and tried to follow the guidelines set out by Dr. Johnson in his book. You can learn alot by reading her past posts as they relate to JUDDD.

Hi Jodi! I'm glad to see you're still maintaining. I don't post here much because I'm really not doing true JUDDD at the time. Leo was a tremendous help to me when I first started doing JUDDD. I will miss her intelligent and analytical approach to tackling issues. I had an undiagnosed thyroid problem and wouldn't have sought medical help if it were not for her and Ilpirata bringing awarness to thyroid issues. I have always said that I think JUDDD would make a great maintenance woe - so I will come back to it when I get to maintenance. This week I am doing my traditional JUDDD rotation 500/2100. Next week I think I'll try 1700 a day except for two DD's of 700 calories, and then a high day at the end of the week. I seem to find success by continually mixing things up. I have different plans within my overall committment of calorie restriction/shifting. I started JUDDD at 260. I was so close to 220 on the scale yesterday that I'm sure I'll get to my 40 pound goal on weigh day which is Saturday. I may not make it to Onderland by Christmas as I had hoped, but for sure by Spring. Happy JUDDDing!!!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Redeemed please post and let us know when you hit the 40pound mark!! What a great accomplishment!!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #41
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
:waves: I've been kind of busy this week so I haven't had time to post. Still getting through the DDs and they really haven't been that bad. The last 2 DDs have actually been less than 400 calories. My 3 week weigh is on Friday. I haven't done a mid week weigh in this week so I don't know how it's going. I'm really hoping I don't see another big fat 0 like last week.
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Hey everyone! Good evening!

Welcome Doonebug! There are so many newbies here to this woe, definitely read what leo posted on the opening of the thread. There are lots of great people here to give advise and help when you need it. I love this woe!!!

Redeemed, im so glad you have found what works for you. Switching things up can be good for the body sometimes. I think the calorie cycling of JUDDD has really done that for me. Make sure to still come here often and post and let us know how things are going!

Sherrie keep us posted on how you are doing. I think your teenage daughter had some good advise about just "chilling"...lol sometimes we adults need to do that.

Kel im glad you liked the pumpkin treat, isnt it heavenly! Everytime i eat it i think, this cant be so low calorie and good for me, its just too good!!! LOL

Jiggles, i hope you see the loss you are looking for but even if you dont, dont give up, it will happen. Its funny how the DD's arent really that bad. They seem so scary at first but once you get a few under your belt they are easy peasy!!!

I'm working on another soup recipe and when i get it figured out ill post it. Im thinking about doign with pumpkin in a soup. Just a can to give it a little different flavor but cant decide what veggies to put with it. You know i like to make a big soup so im just not sure. I was thinking maybe cauliflower, zucchini and maybe some squash and then a can of pumpkin but i may need 2 cans, im not sure. I will have to play with it this weekend. Can you see im loving the pumpkin...lol I dont want to get sick of it but i think in a soup the pumpkin taste wont be really strong like in the yogurt mixture, it will just be a nice light flavor and something different. If you guys have any ideas on veggies that would go well with it let me know. I still have soup for next week in the fridge so i wont be making a new one until next weekend.

Have a good evening everyone!! UD for me tomorrow and i have my breakfast all set to go and will go to the deli to get lunch. That is my treat on UD's, MEAT!!!!!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone. Today is an UP day for me. I felt a bit deprived the last few days, I plan on taking full advantage of it.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:29 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Shelly...Please share the soup recipe. I love pumkin anything!!!!

Today is a DD for me. I am glad!!! I need to re-think my menu on my UDs.. I did not have a great week but did stay within my goal range.

Good morning Kel. What r u planning on eating today??

Jiggles I hope the scale was kind to you!! U have worked so hard. Let us know.

How is everyone doing???

Last edited by JKat; 10-08-2010 at 05:30 AM..
Old 10-08-2010, 06:27 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: loves2sing
Stats: 180.5/148.4/145
Start Date: Restart JUDDD 11/24/11 at 152.8
Good Morning!

My weight is down another pound.

I just love JUDDD! The DDs have been easy for me; I enjoy the light feeling of my fast during the day, and I like eating my dinner as planned and then being done with food for the day.

I especially like doing this every other day - and having the freedom of UDs in between.

I was scared I would lose in the beginning and then stop losing, like I did on everything else I've tried this year. This is my 3rd week on JUDDD, and I'm still losing. Hurray!

This is the best way of eating I've ever experienced. I feel like I could do this quite happily for the rest of my life.

Cynthia
loves2sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:59 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=JKat;13972865]
Good morning Kel. What r u planning on eating today??/QUOTE]

Hi Jodi! - I plan on a Designer Whey Protein Drink - 100 for breakfast, soup - 120 for lunch, k20 for snack - 30, salad w/grilled chicken for dinner - 150, popcorn - 100 for snack.

Cynthia - Congrats on the pound. I hope I can report that tomorrow.

That said, my weekly weigh in is tomorrow morning after today's dd. I will definitely let y'all know.

Have a good one!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #47
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Popping in quickly.

Well, I lost 3 pounds this week. That's a total of 6 in 3 weeks. I wish I had lost something last week but oh well, life goes on. I realized this morning that I'm actually down 10 pounds since I had lost 4 on my last plan (that I gave up on right away but luckily the pounds stayed off). I'm not really noticing a change in my clothes yet though. I know I need to get off my lazy butt and start exercising and that would help.

Sounds like everyone is doing well!
jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

WTG Jiggles!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/74 years old 169/159/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Jiggles and Cynthia: I wish I was losing as quickly as you are. Am hoping by Sunday, which is 4 weeks that I show more improvement, but will take anything! Even one pound a week is a lot over 52 weeks and I keep thinking that way.
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Jiggles!!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Jiggles, that is wonderful! 6 pounds in 3 weeks in a healthy rate of weight loss. Good for you!!

I've lost 6 pounds so far, still have 3 days left in my third week. I'm delighted.

I have to wear my bras on more snug hooks now. Goodbye back-fat... I won't be mourning that loss!!
Old 10-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Just wanted to let you know I have been reading your post. It sounds like you all are doing so well.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
Hi all--former JUDDDer, current IF'er here--where is Leo? Driving by to say hi to my old friends--Redeemed, Once and fer all, Leo, Shell, etc--(If I missed you, I still xoxox you!)--I am doing well with IF--for me it is the best of JUDDD--long periods without eating, but without the binging I did on my UD's (. . . I loved JUDDD! just didn't love what it did to my ED.

Ouis
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, JUDDDers.

Today is an UD for me, the last day of week #3.

Weight loss: 3 pounds this week, for a total of 8 pounds in the 3 weeks.

I am absolutely delighted. This way of eating suits me perfectly.

I've been following the plan as written in Dr. J's book, being very strict about my DDs, keeping my calories below 500 each time, and then relaxed about my UDs, eating whatever I want whenever I want, just avoiding the foods that are pro-inflammatory for me: sugar, chemical artificial sweeteners, white flour, unhealthy fats, etc.

Besides this very-much-appreciated weight loss, I have been almost entirely free of arthritis pain.

I find I enjoy the alternating days. On DDs, I fast until dinner & then eat a meal I've committed to in advance, and then I stop eating for the day. I like the light feeling and I like the feeling that I'm in control of my eating. Then I enjoy the freedom and relaxation of the UD that follows; I don't have to be vigilant every single day, which can lead me to feeling deprived. On JUDDD I get to have it all!

Thanks for sharing the journey with me.
Cynthia
Old 10-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Congrats Cynthia on the weight loss!!

I got nothing to report - no weight loss this week.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome Cin!!!! I am glad that Judd suits you. WTG on your weight loss without feeling deprived but most of all that you are pain free.

Hey Kel sometimes our body just need to catch up. You also started exercising this week. U may be hanging on to a bit fluid.

I ran my first 5K run today and finished!!! My whole family was there and it was a great feeling to accomplish this goal. I really enjoy running/jogging. I like the feeling of being free without any cell phone or kids/people in general!! I work as a nurse and I am always talking and listening. Its nice to just be with my thoughts and not have to answer questions or hear mom being called 10times!!

Today is a DD and I really do look foward to them. Yesterday I had a better UD than I been without any sugar and felt much better.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DooneBug
Stats: 232/216/160
WOE: Low Carb/Strength Training
Start Date: August 2010
Buying the book! It's less than $6 on Amazon
DooneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the encouragement Jodi! Congrats on finishing that 5K! I know how proud both you and your family are!

I love Amazon...
Old 10-11-2010, 03:16 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lillianna
Stats: 233/210/150 5'6"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Every day!
Hello, mind if I join you? I haven't gotten the book but I've been reading these threads and learning about JUDDD. Yesterday was my 2nd DD. I got back on the low carb wagon on Wednesday and started JUDDD with my first DD on Friday. I'm down 7 lbs to 191! I know most of it is water but it's great to see the scale finally moving again...

I need to experiment with DD menus...my first DD I ate tuna w/ shredded cabbage and light mayo, and the broccoli-cauliflower soup. I wasn't ravenous. Yesterday I tried having just plain low-fat kefir, blended with blueberries. I was soooo hungry. I ended up adding a cheese stick and a bowl of shredded cabbage with light mayo.

Do most of you do a LC JUDDD? My Saturday UD was only 17 carbs but my DD was almost 70 carbs. I thought that this kind of cycling might actually help the weight come off...(?)

Off to the JUDDD recipe thread to get some ideas... : )

Last edited by Lillianna; 10-11-2010 at 03:17 AM..
Lillianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:04 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Well I tried Juddd about a year ago. I lost about 10 lbs.And then got bored
and quit. I guess I moved on to another plan.
But I also like the feeling of lightness on my dds I had forgotten that part.
So today will be dd for me. below 500 cals. plus I do exercise so I plan on
keeping that up as well.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote