Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 10:50 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Happy Monday to any JUDDDers that happen by. I'm still plugging along with the plan, nothing to report!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2010, 06:37 AM   #32
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Hi Jessica. Glad to hear you are still going strong girl! Did the regularity issues affect the scale? Any losses?

Monday, Sept 14, 2010 DD Menu: 397Cals, 16.9G Fat (38%), 22.2g Carbs (22%), 8.3g Fiber, 36.7g Protein (39%)

B - Decaff Coffee, black, unsweetened (0)
L - Water (0)
D - 4 Oz Chicken Breast, grilled w/1 tsp olive oil on it (222)
1 Serving Vegetarian Crack Slaw (Broccoli slaw, mushrooms, onions, red bell pepper, spinach, curry base, coconut milk, sesame oil, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, garlic, sambal oelek, olive oil, chicken broth.) (174)

I didn't intend to be so low on cals or protein for the day but by the time dinner rolled around I had no appetite. Although the grilled chicken was juicy, it was very hard to swallow. I was going to have an iced coffee protein drink at lunch but was so busy with work and no hunger and forgot to stop to make it. By the time I did it was 5pm and I knew if I drank it I wouldn't eat dinner. I thought I could drink it before bed but was just too full still from dinner.

(Next scheduled UD is Wednesday - the end of my 2week JUDDD experiment. Will I or won't I extend the JUDDD engagement for another week. Tune in Wednesday and find out! )

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Good morning everybody,

It is seven a.m. here and I am about to plunge into my first DD. After much changing about, and doing more math since I was in third grade, my first DD will be as follows--

6 Wasa lite rye crackers 120
6 tablespoons light cream cheese 135
100 gms fat free shaved ham 105
50 grams smoked salmon 90

This gives me a total of 450 calories, and I might have a cup of consomme with one of my two cracker meals to turn it into a two course delight.

I imagine black, unsweetened coffee is an unlimited treat.

Hope everybody has a good day.

Pat
Patlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:45 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: Me/LessOfMe/JustRight
WOE: LC/Under 20/40
Start Date: March 2013
bump to subscribe
StyngerIsAScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Pat and Poot. (Tee hee--sounds like a pair of radio comedy hosts, no?)

Absolutely nothing to report. Still up slightly, and no weight change in a week. I should've known my weight loss resistant body would assert itself, eventually. I'm still on plan, and moving my up day calories down a bit to see if that helps.

Apologies for not posting. Just haven't been in the mood, for some reason, but my plan is going just fine. (I know that often, when someone **poof** disappears from a diet board, it means the worst! Blessedly, that's not the case here!)

Pat, the menu looks good. You should lose nicely on that, and manage to stay reasonably satisfied.

Stynger, welcome!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 09-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

judders

I survived my first DD, and Jessica, you were right about the menu keeping me reasonably satisfied. I hope you're also right about the losing weight part. I couldn't wait to weigh myself this morning, and when I got on the scale it said LO. Unfortunately, it was referring to the battery and not my weight. Needless to say, in our very well organized household, we have every size battery made except the AA that I need for the scale. I am sure as heck not going to weigh myself after an up day, so now I will wait till Saturday morning to weigh myself.

Pat
Old 09-16-2010, 06:30 AM   #37
the condiment queen

Morning Jess! I do think that Pat and Poot in the Morning sounds like a great drive-time radio team! Pat you ready for the show?! Sorry you have been incommunicato Jessica. I hope you get out of your funk soon and come back and play with us but I sooooo understand needing down time and space! I'm glad you are staying on plan. Weight is soooo frustrating! I just have this feeling it's your thyroid doing the tough work on you!!

Pat I'm glad you had a stressfree and do-able first DD!!! !!! I had to go buy AA batts the other day for our scale too! LOL, who knew!? I can't wait to hear how your Saturday weigh-in goes!!!

As for me, well, I'm finally down to 264.8lbs (PP) this morning. Still up 0.4lbs since Saturday and the mischief I wrought. Not stressing about it, but this just underscores why I can't go off plan. I really hate re-losing the same weight over and over again and I hate that I've lost a half week. I'm not beating myself up, please know that. I can't un-eat. But this week has just underscored how I will change unproductive behaviors. They just aren't a good use of time and resources!

Wednesday, Sept 15, DD Menu: 496Cals, 23.5g Fat(42%), 23.3g Carbs (18%), 48.9g (40%)

B: 1/2 Scoop Protein Powder in Iced Coffee w/1 Tbsp Heavy Cream (106)
L: 1 Serving Kitchen Sink Veggie Soup w/1 oz Grilled Beef Flank Stk (137)
D: 3oz Grilled Pork Loin Chop, 5 oz Steamed Broccoli, 1tsp Uns Buttr (253)

So I tried shaking my down days up yesterday. LOL. I ate 3 small meals throughout the day instead of fasting during the day and eating only at night. I am sure I was more hungry doing that yesterday. Don't know if it's actually better for me to eat that way, as opposed to force my body into using some of its fat stores and burning energy during the enforced fasting period. I think I may try to stick with the IF part for a while longer to see if there is a noticeable difference.

Today is my 2nd week JUDDDiversary. (Actually Wed was but it was the day after an UD so...) I went from 271.8lbs - 264.8lbs (-7lbs) in 2 weeks. For me, that is spectacular because with just plain Atkins, I can't do that in a month! I am definitely reknewing JUDDD for another week, lol! Although, I will resume my official weigh-in days of Saturday since I've been keeping those awhile. I will check back on a Wednesday for a 1mo JUDDDiversary weigh in just for grins and giggles at the beginning of October.

and hope everyone has an awesome day!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Pooticus can you explain a bit about this IF fast??
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:39 AM   #39
the condiment queen

Hi JKat, not sure if it's truly IF sanctioned lol. But what I mean by it is that it's an intermittent (sp?) fast where I don't eat from after dinner the night before (sometimes that is finished around 9:30pm :blush: ) until dinner the next night. Again, we are late eaters so that may not be until 7:30 or 8:00pm.

It sounds like gruesome twosome almost 24hours of no food, but I started doing it on Fridays for Lent and just extended it for religious reasons. I don't eat meat on Fridays either. And that is kinda the basis for my DDs. I would rather tear into a great meal of <500.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:45 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
thanks pooticus.....
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:37 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Yesterday's DD menu (in the interest of helping new folk who might wonder what a 500 calorie day looks like):

B: 2 slices 45 calorie bread, toasted, with spray margarine 90, black coffee, 0

L: 1 cup spring greens with a couple of grape tomotoes, sliced cucumber, 2 asparagus spears, 2 pecan halves, and about an ounce of grilled chicken, plus app. 1 teaspoon of light raspberry vinaigrette. I'm estimating 100 calories for this meal.

D: 1 packet commercially packaged tuna salad with crackers, 180; 1 commercially packaged packet of apple slices, 30 calories; Weight Watcher 45 calorie pre-packaged cheese slice

(Note to any new JUDDDers--I do NOT try to follow Atkins on my Down Days, although I generally avoid sugar and large amounts of grain. Some JUDDDers do stay on Atkins all the time. Just FWIW.)

For the lunch, yesterday was my book club meeting. For several years now, we have served a "salad bar luncheon" at our meetings. The hostess provides a large bowl of greens and an assortment of dressings, and the attendees each bring a topping item. We sign up ahead so that we have a wide variety--cooked chicken or ham or something, cheese, all kinds of fruits, nuts and vegetables, etc., plus someone usually brings bread or crackers. It really worked out great for a Down Day, since you simply carry your plate down the line and serve yourself what you like. Made it very easy to control my calories, and no one pays the least bit of attention to anyone else's salad, so I didn't have to launch into any complicated explanations of my diet!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #42
the condiment queen

Jessica your salad sounds yummy and just perfect for a down day. I saw the Walden Farm zero calorie Raspberry dressing the other day and may experiment here to see if I can come up with a reasonable facsimile homemade!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Poot on losing SEVEN pounds. You must be still smiling from ear to ear.

DH just put the new batteries in the scale and then expected me to step on it to see how it worked. Sheesh. We've been married for 45 years and he still thinks there's a snowball's chance you know where that I would step on a scale fully clothed, after supper and in front of an audience. It's not easy being married to a man who always weighs fully clothed, including shoes and keys in pockets.

Tomorrow's DD will contain:

3 ounces of chicken breast 110 calories
small tin of tuna 60
2 T low fat mayo 80
4 WASA lite crackers 80
2 T lite cream cheese 35
50 grams fat free shaved ham 50

This leaves a bit of wiggle room.

Pat
Old 09-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #44
the condiment queen

my sweet friend! I am pretty enthused about it. I barely lost 8lbs the very first time I did Atkins Induction...and the JUDDD stats are after I'd been low carbing for awhile. I'm not gonna get my hopes up that it will continue to be that prolific. But heck, any loss during a month will be welcome!

Your DD sounds lovely!!! Wish I could do gluten cuz I truly love those Wasa and Kavli crackers...Been trying to wrack my brain about how to make almond free, flax free, gluten free low carb crackers and wraps. So far I haven't come up with any ideas.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:35 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your DD sounds lovely!!! Wish I could do gluten cuz I truly love those Wasa and Kavli crackers...Been trying to wrack my brain about how to make almond free, flax free, gluten free low carb crackers and wraps. So far I haven't come up with any ideas. [/QUOTE]

Maybe this will help:

Gluten-Free Chickpea Crackers | recipe from FatFree Vegan Kitchen

Pat
Old 09-17-2010, 05:59 AM   #46
the condiment queen

Pat I heart you!!! I was trying yesterday to do research on making low carb gluten free wraps and how certain bean flours work (especially with yeast). I am going to make a batch of these today. I am going to tweak the recipe and add in some oat bran (not necessarily gluten free) but I have had it in the freezer and see if I can reduce the carbs in these a little more. I don't think I have brewer's yeast and not sure I need it in this recipe, but anywhoooo! Thanks again, you are the best!

BTW, I found a recipe for something called Socca (chickpea flour) that sounds delish. I am also gonna make one of those tomorrow for my birthday as a "pizza appetizer".
Old 09-17-2010, 08:10 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patlaf View Post
We've been married for 45 years and he still thinks there's a snowball's chance you know where that I would step on a scale fully clothed, after supper and in front of an audience. It's not easy being married to a man who always weighs fully clothed, including shoes and keys in pockets.

I forgot to mention it earlier, but this part made me very hard!

Men....what else is there to say?

Have a great day, everyone. Down Day for me, so I'll be back later with my menu.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:51 AM   #48
the condiment queen

LOL Jessica I completely missed this! Nice Pat!

Yesterday was a DD and today is my official weigh-in. 264.2lbs So I'm down (-0.2lbs) since last Saturday. All in all frustrating to have sabotaged myself for a week. I'm still .2lbs away from being able to legitimately say I've lost 50lbs and still 6.2lbs away from VWT. But I will keep trying and I'm happy that at least I lost .2lbs lol - please don't anyone blow on the scale!!!

Friday, September 17th, DD Menu: 440Cals, 28.4g F (58%), 19g C (16%), 6.7g Fi, 27.4g P (25%)

B: Decaf Coffee, black, unsweetened
L: Iced Tea, black, unsweetened
D: 4oz Grilled Catfish, 1 wedge lemon, 3oz Steamed Broccoli w/1tsp Butter, 1 serv Kitchen Sink Veggie Soup (388 cals)
BS: 1 square 85% Lindt Chocolate (52 cals)

Next DD: Monday.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:08 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, birthday girl! You're doing great. Never forget that this plan involves lots of ups and downs.

I weighed in with another pound loss, to put me .4 above my lowest weigh-in of 2 weeks ago. Why did I suddenly gain four pounds, and take 2 weeks to lose it? Absolutely no clue, but this isn't a race and I'll get there when I get there.

My yesterday's DD menu:

B: 2 slices Orowheat 40 calorie toast, spray margarine, black coffee: 80

L: 1 bag microwave lite popcorn, 100; 1 ff Heb Nat frank, 40

D: 1 commecial tuna salad and crackers packet, 180; lettuce salad with no dressing, 10

S: slice of Orowheat toast with 1 T. sugar free preserves, 50

Total: 460
Old 09-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Jessica: WTG losing the pounds again. I go through this every single time my DH comes home for 2 or 3 days and I cook for him and gain back what I lost previously. If I can manage to get through his hometime then perhaps I can really make headway.
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #51
the condiment queen

Oh Jessica I'm so thrilled for you!!!! I am literally jumping up and down!!!

Suze hon. That has got to be so frustrating for you!!! I feel your pain!

Ok gotta run and make dinner quickly! We ate at 1pm today and now we're starving!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Sunday morning Juddders. Hope everybody is having a good weekend.
Today is my third DD and I really have fun trying to get the most bang for the buck out of my 500 calories. This is today's bargain find:

B 4 oz. cottage cheese 90
1/2 cup blueberries 40

L 4 oz. shrimp salad l50
2 lite rye crackers 40
1 T lite cream cheese 20

S 2 lite rye crackers 40
2 T lite cream cheese 40
2 oz. shaved ham 50

Pat
Old 09-19-2010, 04:55 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG! This up day down day has me all discombobulated. I was just explaining JUDD to my brother with MWF down days TWT up days and Saturday and Sunday as one up day and one medium day.

All this means that today is not my down day, and I am about to enjoy 600 unexpected calories. Yippee!!!

The menu I posted above will be valid for tomorrow, Monday.

Cheers.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #54
the condiment queen

Pat wtg girl! Your menus sound so yummy!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:38 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

My Sunday DD menu:

B: 2 slices Orowheat lite toast, 1 T. SF jam, 90

L: green salad w/o dressing, 1 Heb Nat FF frank, 1 slice lite toast; 100

D: 2 TJ's chicken jalapeno sausages, 200; 30 calorie packet apple slices, 30

S: 45 calorie cheese packet

465 total

These Down Days have gotten so easy that I don't really give them a second thought any more!
Old 09-19-2010, 09:03 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: loves2sing
Stats: 180.5/148.4/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart JUDDD 11/24/11 at 152.8
Okay, I'm starting tomorrow morning!

For Monday, my first DD:

1 C low-sodium broth (15 cal)
2 slices of Ezekiel bread (160 cal)
˝ C cottage cheese (100 cal)
˝ can Vital Choice sardines (140 cal)
2 C Romaine lettuce (20 cal)
1 T Bragg’s dressing (45 cal)

Total: 480 calories

If you missed my post on the main JUDDD thread, I'm trying to find a way of eating that is anti-inflammatory and where I will also lose weight.

Fasting 3 days a week on just water & tea is one way that has worked for me, but it's very challenging to maintain.

Fast-5 didn't work for me. Still some symptoms of inflammation (arthritis in my hands) and only a little weight loss.

So I will try JUDDD for the next month or so and see if it works for me.

Feedback on this menu would be most welcome.

Cynthia
loves2sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, Cynthia. I think your plan looks very workable. Good luck to you, and do check in with us tomorrow and update us about how it's going!

Remember that there is real power in reminding yourself that you "can eat that tomorrow"! I think that psychology is what makes JUDDD work!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:25 AM   #58
the condiment queen

Jessica! Don't you just love DDs? They too are so easy for me. I find it's the MDs are the hardest. Also, the UDs are pretty hard, because I'm just not eating as much anymore!

Cynthia, so I have to say it. If you are looking for an anti-inflammatory diet, my first suggestion would be to avoid any and all gluten in any form. I think Ezekiel bread still has gluten in it, doesn't it? In your case, I would also avoid anything with casein in it (most dairy and dairy by products). Those are two HUGE pro-inflammatory items that lead to leaky gut = inflammation. Just sayin...Other than that, your menu looks great. I would be inclined to lose the bread and cottage cheese and go for a whole can of sardines packed in olive oil, not soybean oil or a white flesh fished (lower in calories so more protein bang for your buck). If you do eat sardines and I do - I love them. It's super important to avoid soybean anything but especially soybean oil!!! Soybean oil is always partially hydrogenated and rancid. Always. They deodorize it in order to make it useable but it doesn't alter that the fat is damaged and a transfat = inflammation. This information comes from Mary Enig in her book "Know Your Fats".

Last edited by pooticus; 09-20-2010 at 02:28 AM..
Old 09-20-2010, 06:28 AM   #59
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
I made it through my first DD yesterday. I waited until about 11:00 before having anything. Then I had a can of Slimfast that I sipped all day on until about 3:30. A few cherry tomatos at 4:00 and a small grilled cheese sandwich at 6:30 (that I ate as slowly as possible LOL). I drank a lot more water than I usually do on a Sunday and had some Diet Lipton green tea and a little bit of diet coke.

So, here's the breakdown:

Slimfast 190 cal.
1/2 c. cherry tomatoes 14 cal.
Grilled cheese:
1 multigrain sandwich thin 100 cal.
1 tsp. butter (I actually measured this out) 30 cal.
1 slice provolone cheese 70 cal.

Total: 404 calories

If I can stick to JUDDD I'll use more real food on my DDs but I just want to keep it really simple to start so I'll keep using the shakes for the first couple of weeks.
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:40 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Jiggles:Your DD is what I have created for myself as a regular menu. I think that having a simple plan so I don't have to think about it works best for me. I've been all over the place the last three weeks I'm telling ya!
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote