Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #181
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Stynger great job on the 3lbs!!!!! Have a great time with your fam!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2010, 04:51 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Jodi....congrats on your 2lb loss and getting to goal! I'm envious. Now you get to experiment with maintenance. Maybe by the time I get there, all of you will have it down pat. Of course, it will be like losing on JUDD...everyone will have a different technique, I'm sure.

Pat and ! Always room for one more here....great group with lots of support and encouragement.

Stynger....Awesome job losing 3lb!!!
Enjoy that Monday night football!

Good DD for me today...550 calories and I've been drinking water like crazy
Old 09-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #183
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles

I came across the Alternate Day Diet over the weekend and I'm intrigued. I checked out the website and decided to buy the book which I'm reading now. I'm tempted to give this a try but I put in my stats in the online calorie calculator and it came up with 369 for my DD (20%). That kind of scares the crap outta me! I know I wouldn't starve to death or anything but I'm really wondering how I'd make it through the day with so little food. What was like for all of you when you first got started? Did you feel weak? Have a hard time focusing at work? Want to gnaw your arm off?

TIA!

Last edited by jiggles; 09-13-2010 at 05:16 PM..
Old 09-14-2010, 02:15 AM   #184
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Hi Jiggles!

Yes, that's a low DD, but you must have little to lose to get a number like that. What you might want to do is start at just under 500 cal. According to the book, everyone must simply eat <500 cal on DDs for 2 weeks to activate the SIRT1 gene that is supposed to be so helpful.

If you do <500 cal successfully, you can easily go down to your calculator number. My initial DD was 430 cal, and I started with that. Surprisingly, it wasn't as difficult as I thought (I was sure I'd starve to death!), and successful DDs gave me the sense of control over food that I needed (and never had before). After I'd lost about 50 lbs, I calculated again, and my number ws 360 cal DDs, but I had no trouble going lower. That's why you might start higher, and once you've done a few weeks at just under 500 cal, you should be able to go to the lower number.

Congratuations Stynger on your loss--and Sherrie on a great DD. Enjoy your upcoming vacation!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:11 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

I JUDD....one good DD and my 2lb clambake gain is gone!! Now let's start working on a new number here before I leave for vacation.

Jiggles....hope you decide to give JUDD a try. Sounds like you must be pretty near goal weight and lately we've had a couple lovely ladies join us who have been in that position and able to make it to goal and are now using JUDD for maintenance. Good luck and
Old 09-14-2010, 06:24 AM   #186
the condiment queen

Morning everyone!

Jiggles welcome to our group. I hope you end up liking JUDDD. It's pretty easy truth-be-told. I stick to just under 500cals a day and haven't had many issues. Last week was a high hunger week but yesterday's DD was extremely easy. I would follow the book for sure. Leo has had MUCH success in her JUDDD journey as has Shelly, so I would definitely recommend listening to their advice!

Leo has your 1lb gain been gotten rid of yet?

Sherrie yay on losing the 2lb clam! I know you will lose some more before vaycay.

Yesterday was a DD and went very easy. Not much hunger. I was ready mentally for it. No big deal (NBD). Woke up this morning a little hungry but so far not enough to push me to the kitchen for food. Just concentrating on coffee.

So I'm at 265.6lbs this morning. That means that I'm still up 1.2lbs from Saturdays indiscretion with wine and popcorn. 2 days later and still paying for it. Lesson learned? Totally not worth losing the momentum I had going. I know the weight loss will resume and this is just water but the part that disturbs me is how alcohol in any form slams the fat burning factories down in my body for days. It's almost as if it's a "lost week" or lost half-week. So it gets easier to ask pre-binge, is it worth it. Most of the time the answer is no and it stops there, thankfully.

to all our missing peeps. I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Old 09-14-2010, 06:46 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Pooticus....I think it must have been the alcohol that did it. I had a whole bag of WW popcorn (90cal) on my DD yesterday and lost 2lb! Either that or our bodies all react so differently to things...it's crazy. I was worried about the sodium, but really had the munchies yesterday afternoon and that filled the void beautifully. Who knows...it might show up today!

Trying to keep my UD today under some type of control....they are so hard for me. I usually end up gaining whatever I lost on the DD before.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins

Thanks for the welcome. I took the plunge, and today is Day 1. It is an up day, cuz I thought I should break into this gently. I've got my notebook and pen beside the computer, writing down every bite of food that goes into my mouth.

I thought I would start out my new WOE with a splurge, and since this is not necessarily low carb, I had a sandwich with two slices of whole wheat toast, and boy was it good.

Leo, I really admire you being able to eliminate grains, sugar and dairy. Even though I have a colossal sweet tooth, of the three I think sugar would be the easiest to give up. Life without cheese or Greek yogurt is a very daunting thought.

Poot, what a good idea to have a separate thread for DD menus. I have been avidly studying it. I am determined to find the absolute best nutritional bargains to be had for less than 500 calories. I like Leo's way of spreading it out over three meals, and will try to go as low carb and high protein as possible to compensate for my indulgences on UD.

Once again, thanks for the welcome and the encouragement.

Pat
Old 09-14-2010, 06:55 AM   #189

Hi everyone. Thanks for the advice. Starting just under 500 calories seems a little more reasonable to me and not as scary so I could give that a try. I haven't made a decision on whether or not I should give this a go but I'm leaning that way. I've tried everything else and haven't found anything I can stick to because they all seem so tedious. I kind of like the idea of eating only a few calories one day because it takes a lot of the planning & thinking out. Deciding on how to eat 500 calories seems like it would be much simpler than figuring out 1500 every single day.

I have about 35 pounds I'd like to lose. About 12 years ago I lost 40 lbs. in 3 months by eating low fat & exercising for 45 min. M-F. It seemed so easy. But life was different back then. I was in my last quarter of college and didn't have my first class until 11 AM. I could get up at 8:00 and do a workout and still have plenty of time to get ready for school. In the evenings I worked as a nursing assistant so I was on my feet the whole time. Then I graduated and got out into the "real world" where I worked an 8-5 office job and then I met my SO. I was able to maintain for a couple of years but I slowly gave up my workouts (5 AM is just too early for me!) and started eating more crap. 35lbs. have returned and it seems like I just can't stick to anything to get them off.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:27 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/74 years old 169/159/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
I'm still trying to balance my DD's but not really sticking to <500 cals. sorry to say. I keep averaging about 550 cals/day. I've lost 4 lbs since starting...that's a good thing, and I think I did it because my UP's are probably MD's at best. What I need is a set DD I will use over and over. Still haven come up with one. When I get down to 160, am at 166, I will be a true believer. I do have confidence this will work but tweaking it is being difficult for me for some reason. I read Leo's post about the DD cal count and while it makes sense to me I just don't think I can stay that low. Some days are more emotional as far as eating is concerned and the greater my anxious mind is the more I apparently need food. That's a biggie for me I admit as we have some ongoing issues to deal with that are high stressors. Today is an UP but will probably treat it as a MD because yesterday's DD was a little high. Welcome new faces! There are some simply great peeps here and they are mucho knowledgeable. This works and I have tried absolutely everything. On my DD's I am keeping my carbs at 80-100 and UP's around 60ish. Because I am "older" I have to be very wary and suffer a bit. I can't tell you how many forums say not to go low on your calories. Atkins seriously pushes you to be at 1500 cals a day and that's with an absolute ton (12-15 net carbs from veggies) of veggies. More than I can stuff in I can tell you. I am definitely in the 1200 cals a day range, with the 1500 a maintenance level. If I still worked I probably wouldn't have to go so low, but the life of a retiree allows for turtle days at best.

Sigh, WhatEVER!

Last edited by SuzeQ; 09-14-2010 at 07:39 AM.. Reason: Addition
Old 09-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #191
Senior LCF member

Pat-
Giving up sugar is actually the best cure for a 'sweet tooth'--since I have an insatiable one! For years, I had my Diet Coke as a 'treat,' and I thought those 0 calories helped keep me satiated. It was only when I started JUDDD and had a shake on my initial DDs that I realized that my body processes artificial sweeteners exactly like sugar--I was ravenous! Since I've given up all AS, I not only don't miss sweets but my hunger is much more controlled. Who knew?

Strangely, I love cheese, but I can't say that I really miss it at all.

Suze-
I'm confused. Do you really have 80-100 carbs on DDs? I can't imagine how you can get that many carbs in so few calories. And, if so, perhaps that's why you can't get below 550? With carbs that high, it seems to me that your insulin response would stimulate hunger, and it would be almost impossible to eat low calorie, but perhaps you're not at all sensitive to carbs?

You mention keeping UDs low because your DDs are high, but I think that JUDDD works best with the biggest difference between DDs and UDs. If they're actually not too far apart, it seems to defeat the purpose of cycling--at least in this plan.

Of course, if you're losing, just keep doing what you're doing
Old 09-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Hi everyone!!! I am suprised because after my UD the scale stayed the same! Yay to me

Suze Can we see one of your DD menus. Maybe we can help you make some minor changes. Leo has a point that the differance between the two days is important. However you are losing on your calories now so we are all differant.

Jiggle and Pat Good Luck! I really kinda look foward to my DD. I find the UD a bit more of a challenge. I generally stay LC except for special days like family days or date night with hubby. I do find that I am hungrier on these days because of the added carbs I eat but I plan and prepare for it. Judd has made it possible to enjoy foods I thought were off limits. Now I do not indulge in carbs or sugar daily. Just on occasions that I choose!!

Leo I am drooling over that cheesecake. Yummy. I am glad you had a great meal.

Sherri How is your UD going!!!! WTG on the loss after your clam bake. This is why I love JUDD. You can enjoy your day work it in and stay on plan.

Pooticus....Keep looking foward! Your official weigh in is not till Sat. That 1.2 could be gone. LIVE LEARN and MOVE on!!

Hi and Hugs to everyone else!!

Last edited by JKat; 09-14-2010 at 10:32 AM..
Old 09-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Hello Friends-

My school weekend caused a 3 pound gain. That is about what I vary in a week anyway. Dear Husband and I both seem to have gotten some kind of a bug. We both had stomach issues yesterday. His started about 12 hours before mine. I have some chicken breast cooking in the slow-cooker to make a nice broth. Between the broth and the breast I should have enough to hold me for several days...till this bug passes.

I tried the KFC double down on Saturday. It was a little salty for my taste, but most fast food is. It will do in a pinch. I used to love eating out, now I much prefer my own cooking...never thought that would happen. LOL

I'm not expecting any loss this week with the out of town weekend and the tummy troubles, but next week should be GREAT.

I am begging off personals today.

New Friends- JUDDD broke a long stall for me. It works even if not done perfectly. It is worth trying. Good luck.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Sally I hope you feel better!!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #195
Senior LCF member

Sally-
Hope you feel better soon. And you're wise about the broth and chicken; both should help soothe you.

Keep in mind that those 3 lbs are likely mostly water retention from eating out. The KFC tasted salty because it's loaded with sodium, as is most fast food and even a lot of restaurant food.

You'll be fine once you conquer this bug.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:05 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Well, had a VERY controlled UD yesterday....not of my own choosing. Had a major anxiety attack while driving yesterday morning (had been grocery shopping for my mother and on the way to her house to take her to a MD appt) and drove myself to the nearest local ambulance. My BP was sky high (as happens when I have an anxiety attack) and had some arrythmias. Anyway...ended up in the ER from 11:30AM to 9PM WITHOUT FOOD OR WATER! (and no IV's). I did manage to beg a few sips of water from someone. Boils down to probably just an anxiety attack of major proportions but my cardiologist is going to do a Holter monitor for 24 hours just to make sure. Have had some episodes of A-fib in the past, but not this time. I was completely stressed out as my son (in Indiana) is having a MRI this week to rule out a brain tumor/aneurysm. Hard for a Mom not to worry, especially when it's long distance. I'm a major worrier anyway.

Well, got on the scale this morning and down to 252.5 from a low of 256 yesterday. (That would make a 30lb loss since I started losing weight back in April) I know that number won't sustain itself, but it was nice to see and gives me hope.

My primary wants to put me on Rx for anxiety as had another severe anxiety attack about two weeks ago. I hate the thought of another medication ongoing rather than taking it on an "as needed" basis, but may be coming to that fork in the road. It sucks getting old!! Long family history of anxiety with my mother, brother, neice, daughter and cousins all on medication for it.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
Old 09-15-2010, 06:40 AM   #197
the condiment queen

Morning everyone! I finally got my UD calories up in a controlled manner but need to work on the protein quantity during those days. Ended up with 121g of protein and that's way tooo much for me! Am at 266lbs today and it's a DD for me.

Pat - wish I could take credit for the separate thread but I think it was Sherrie and Jessica who thought of the solution. I really like how easy it is to look at everyone's menus for inspiration! How's it going with JUDDD so far?

Jiggles - I bet you will have that 35lbs off in no time at all and I'm thinking you will be able to do JUDDD very easily. Are you a nurse?
Old 09-15-2010, 06:56 AM   #198
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-
I agree that's not the optimum way to drop lbs! I didn't know you had a history of anxiety attacks, but if they're in the family (as you explain), then it's a matter of brain chemistry--nothing you can consciously control, and meds may be needed.

My brother-in-law has a history of anxiety attacks, but is controlled with meds, so not many people are aware of his problem. His daughter, knowing nothing about her father's medical history, began getting anxiety attacks, too, so it's obviously part of her genetic inheritance.

It must have been scary for you, but I'm amazed that they didn't at least insure that you were hydrated while in the ER. OK--I'm not amazed because when I had my recent experience in the ER, the paramedic who brought me in had started an IV and told the nurses that I had signs of dehydration--yet they removed my IV and gave me no fluids at all for hours and hours!

You should consider the meds because if those attacks spike your BP, that can be really dangerous, it seems to me.

I truly hope all goes well for your son.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:58 AM   #199
the condiment queen

Morning ladies!

Pat - How's JUDDD working so far? Do you like it? I have to give credit to Sherrie and Jessica for the separate menu thread. But gosh it sure makes it convenient doesn't it? I love looking at other's DD menus for inspiration.

Jiggles - I'm betting that you will lose the 35lbs easily on JUDDD and fairly quickly too! Can't wait to see some of your results! Are you a nurse?

Suze - I agree with Jodi about maybe reviewing some of your menus to see if we can help you. I really think you need a good UD because Dr. J talks about the one DD not causing your body metabolism to be ruined as long as you come back to the high day. 4lbs is great girl!!! I can also tell you that at 80-100c/day on a DD I would be about to rip someone's head off with hunger!!! By staying with lean protein and low carb veg and a little fat on those days, my hunger this week is being very well behaved so far! And if my true hunger is behaved I have a greater chance of success with the head hunger grimlins. and hang in there.

Leo! Hi and Thanks for all of your great advice to us!

Jodi - I love staying the same after an UD! See? We told you that you could do this while caring for your uncle!!!

Sally sorry to hear you aren't feeling well!!! Hope you and DH get well quickly!!! Tummy bugs are the pits. I bet your 3lbs will be gone after you finish dealing with it! As for the Doubledown, for some reason the idea of two chicken breasts as a sandwich for innards holds no appeal to me. I guess because chicken is a necessary evil that I mostly endure. LOL. It's always hard for me to swallow cuz it gets cooked till done. I eat all red me very rare and it's easy to swallow that way. Glad your school is done for a bit!

Sherrie and so sorry to hear you are going through that with you son! Talk about stress!!!! and to you my friend! Anxiety attacks are just no fun. I tell ya! Are you on a good blood pressure medicine? Sometimes organic things cause them...like high blood pressure, as opposed to mental things or brain things causing them. For me a key to reducing them was to get rid of the wheat and sugar, take good vitamins (Vit C deficiency and Calcium/Magnesium deficiencies) can also cause you to be more prone to them. I found that if I took a Ca/Mg pill when I felt one coming on, it often wouldn't end up coming on! It sure beats the alternative of a benzodiazapine or Paxil! Both of which I'm allergic!

Had a controlled UD yesterday at 1660cals. Am at 266.0 this morning which is just fine for an UD. Barely any movement on the scale other than ordinary fluctuation, so I am confident tomorrow will be a good 2week weigh-in for me! Today is the official 2week JUDDDiversary but I delay official anniversary weigh-in for a post DD weight. Yeah, any port in a storm! Today is a DD for me and a busy work day so I don't anticipate any major problems!

to any and all that I missed! Hope you are each doing well and that you make today a successful and blessed day!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Leo, I think you're right about giving up sugar being a cure for a sweet tooth. Unfortunately, I've never been able to give it up long enough to prove that theory. I think JUDD might help me though, it's had to OD on cheesecake with less than 500 calories for the day.

Poot, based on my one and a half days on plan, I'm loving it. I know I should wait for a week, but I am sure that tomorrow morning I will be on the scale to see what miracles have been wrought after my first down day. So far the DD is going very well. It is now late afternoon and I haven't keeled over. My problem is eating at night after supper. It's not hunger, it's just there. I think if I could go to bed at eight o'clock for a couple of weeks I might be able to break the habit.

Sherrie, . I'm not surprised you had a full-blown anxiety attack with all that's going on. I hope you've had good news from your son. While it wasn't the best way to lose four pounds, a loss is a loss is a loss.

Suze, ya hafta love a diet where people tell you you have to eat more on your up days. I am older than old and lose slowly, so I am hoping that JUDD will give me the incentive and willpower to stick with something. I've gone from Atkins to Banta to VLC to Optimal Diet to the See Food Diet.

Halos, thanks for the encouragement and good luck.

Sally, hope you and your DH are over the stomach bug and that you've been rewarded with a nice loss.

Jodi, you are brave weighing after an up day. Congrats on staying the same.

Jiggles, have you started yet?

It is a glorious afternoon here, and DH and I are going to walk down to the seafront and have a coffee. Being retired and having a choice of lovely cafes to walk to is one of life's great pleasures.

Pat
Old 09-15-2010, 07:42 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Can't take any credit for the DD menu thread....not sure who started that, but wasn't me.

Pooticus...yes, I am on BP medication and have been for years. My normal BP is always between 116-120/66-72 range, usually very well controlled. I think my BP may be very mecurial (sp?) though, as when I get stressed out I can almost feel it rising. I do take a Calcium with Vit D and a good multi vitamin that contains Mg on a regular basis.

I've suffered with anxiety attacks for about 20 years....used to be much worse and haven't had any really bad ones in years until these past two. I do find I get more easily stressed the older I get, so may be time for some ongoing meds. Had a bad experience with Paxil once and I guess that really turned me off to trying anything else. My daughter takes Zoloft with no problems, so we shall see.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:11 AM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Jiggles - I bet you will have that 35lbs off in no time at all and I'm thinking you will be able to do JUDDD very easily. Are you a nurse?
No, actually I'm an accountant. LOL I was just a nursing assistant during high school and college. When I was in high school my mom basically said "It's time to get a job. You're going to take the CNA class." Um, okay.

I haven't started JUDDD yet but I got through the book and am pretty sure I will try it. I plan on starting on Sunday. I think I'm just going to use the shakes for the first couple of weeks like the book suggests just to make it easier and I can't get to a store until the weekend (I work and live out in the country). And I need to get myself in the right mindset. I'm planning on my DD being Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday with Saturday being a medium day. I'd do MWF but we always go out to eat on Friday night and don't really go out too often on a Saturday night so I think that will work better for me.

I'm kind of nervous about starting.

Does anyone use pre-made shakes? What are the best tasting ones? I'm thinking about trying the LC Slimfast ones (I'm not low carbing but don't want to drink something with tons of sugar in it). I tried Slimfast about 10 years ago and the stuff tasted like the heavy can it came in. I'm hoping the taste has improved. I don't really like the EAS shakes. Those are the only 2 brands I've tried.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:39 AM   #203
the condiment queen

Pat I'm a late night eater too. The thing that helps me is that because I go to bed late, I eat later like between 7:30 and 8:00 at nite usually. So if I space how fast I eat, it can be 8:30-8:45 before I'm through chewing lol! Then it's a very small feeling window before bedtime and that one square of Lindt, seems to make things feel "satisfied". Or I will have a cup of decaf coffee with cream or something warm like warm water with lemon (I don't like hot tea). I don't have the Lindt every day. Maybe only 1-2 times per week but if you are keeping your cals controlled, I can't believe 1 square at night would cause you issues.

Jiggles lol on your mom. I her! I now use the Swanson's Brand Uri Hofstedtler (Hofmeister...whatever) - Whey Protein Concentrate cuz I learned from Dr. Mercola that the Whey Protein Isolate isn't very good protein for us and can cause cholesterol to rise cuz of the broken proteins in it. I use the vanilla one and use it to make iced coffees for my protein drink. I do that sometimes on DD or when I'm trying to watch my protein on UD. I love it. I add some coconut milk and a splash of heavy cream with the pp and decaf and tons of ice. I feel like I'm being indulgent and decadent and get full quickly with it. Don't be nervous. It really does work!!! You can do this!
Old 09-15-2010, 10:31 AM   #204
Senior LCF member

Hi Jiggles-
Don't be nervous! If I can do this anyone can because of have the biggest appetite in the universe and never believed I'd be able to exist on <500 cal for a day! But I've been doing this now for almost 2 years.

I think I mentioned that I can't do shakes (because my body doesn't seem to register liquids as food--and I discovered that all sweeteners make me hungry), but I never met one that I didn't love (my sweet tooth). You don't want a recommendation from me because I liked the EAS, along with every other one I tried.

If you've read the book, you've probably seen Dr. J's recommendation that you 'sip' the shakes throughout the day. I've found that when I do that with food on DDs, I manage much better. For example, I might make myself a 200 cal tuna salad in the morning, but I'll eat only 1 or 2T with my morning coffee. I'll have another T later with hot tea, etc. And that tuna might last me most of the day. So I think sipping the shakes slowly may have the same effect.

Good luck with this--we're rooting for you.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #205
the condiment queen

Leo the only problem I have with Dr. J's advice to "sip" the shakes all day is that even bariatric surgeons counsel their patients to consume the protein drink within 30 minutes so that the protein doesn't denature by the time you drink it.

So I do think that is an issue as far as I'm concerned. I want my protein in as good a tack as I can get since I limit it. If I need to sip something to keep me full and occupied, then it would be something like iced tea or something that won't harm you if you go 4 hours on a glass of it.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Sherrie Wow you have alot on your plate. I am so sorry you had an attack but you did the right thing going to ER. Its important to get checked out especially with your cardiac history. I hope the MRI is okay. I have also come to that fork in the road and going on meds/seeing someone has helped me tremediously. My whole family also has anxiety disorder. Grandma to mom to daughter to cousins ect ect. Now dealing with it can be very differant. Some are able to do without anything and other need help. It just like the diet. Some can tolerate the carb and others can't!!
Old 09-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

I find siping the shake all morning really helps me. Does the protein break down or something??
Old 09-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
I find siping the shake all morning really helps me. Does the protein break down or something??
I wonder about this too because like Leo said, I was planning on sipping the shakes throughout the day. I have a fridge nearby at work so I figured I'd just leave it in there and not on my desk all day.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #209
the condiment queen

Go to the WLS board and ask that question. I bet almost every one of the girls on the board will tell you that the protein starts to denature after water or liquid hits it. If it denatures, it injures the protein so you are not only not getting good protein, your body has to now deal with getting rid of damaged protein and that means it sets up an inflammatory response to get it out of the body.

That's why sometimes you see cholesterol and bad sub particles go up along with inflammation when you are eating injured proteins.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Go to the WLS board and ask that question. I bet almost every one of the girls on the board will tell you that the protein starts to denature after water or liquid hits it. If it denatures, it injures the protein so you are not only not getting good protein, your body has to now deal with getting rid of damaged protein and that means it sets up an inflammatory response to get it out of the body.

That's why sometimes you see cholesterol and bad sub particles go up along with inflammation when you are eating injured proteins.
Interesting. I had never heard of this but I rarely go to the ML. So, what about the pre-made shakes? Would those have bad protein since they come liquified? I wasn't planning on mixing my own.
Closed Thread