Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 05:13 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
14.gif Good morning everyone!

Just an update re my new calorie cycling. This is day 5 and I peeked at the scale today. Up one pound. My rotation looks like this: 1840, 1840, 2208, 1840, 1840, 2025, 1840. I have really enjoyed the last four days, and I really want this to work because I enjoy eating more. I know JUDDD works, so I'll come back if this new plan doesn't pan out. But this new calorie cycling plan is my first choice of woes because of the absence of hunger. I'm going to start up an exercising program - walking a half an hour a day 4 times a week. I have a trampoline but you are supposed to be under 200 pounds to use it, so I'll have to wait on that. I used to get really good workouts on the tramoline - and I got very tone from using it. If I have to, I'll cut my 1840 days down to 1740 to create a weekly 500 calorie deficit. However, I think because I'm only up one pound I can safely continue with this pattern for a full two weeks before evaluating. There is a lot of information on-line by people who do this type of calorie cycling, and it seems to work. There's someone with a screen name J3nn who has a lot of information. She's about my size and eats a lot more food on her rotation. She's lost a tremendous amount of weight. She is younger though, so that's to her advantage. I found her on About .com calorie cycling. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2010, 05:19 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
I am up a pound too Leo. In looking back I had two days this week that I ate out. Both on my UD but ate foods I do not general eat and went over in my calories.

I worried about this week. I need to take it one day at a time. I am at my uncles caring for him all week long. It going to be a challenge for me not to eat out of boredom.

Leo I think it was the raise of calories on both days. Just a thought but maybe keep your DD say at 500calories and you UD where u usually keep them and see what happens. If you go back to the original plan u will not know which is the cause.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:21 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Jodi....a belated Not sure how I missed that.

Suze...congratulations on 2lb your first week! It may not happen every week (and then again it may...everyone's different), but it sure feels good coming off.

Shelly....missed you on the boards all week. Sounds like that weight would have come right back off except for TOM. You seem to have a good handle on JUDD for maintenance.

Leo...knowing you, you'll get the right combination of UD and DD calories for you to maintain. It has to be a little scary to be venturing out of your comfort zone to try to figure out maintenance. I have faith in you and after all...that's what maintenance is all about. Your weight won't stay the same from week to week but I would think the ideal would be to keep it within a 2lb range up or down.

Weekly weigh in will be tomorrow for me since today is a DD. I have to admit I have really struggled this week...don't expect to see a loss. This week is my last week before I leave for vacation next weekend so would really like to make it a good one. I need 3 good DD's and "controlled" UD's this week and I haven't been doing that. I'm probably the toughest learner of the group!

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
Old 09-11-2010, 05:22 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Redeemed!!! I hope it works for you. 5days may not be enough especially with the way our weight flucuates. I agree to give it more time. I hope it works!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 05:23 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Just to let everyone know its not my birthday!! Will the real birthday girl please stand up!!

Sherri..hang in their. Take one day at a time.

Last edited by JKat; 09-11-2010 at 05:24 AM..
Old 09-11-2010, 06:34 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Redeemed good luck with your experiment. I dont knwo what i would do if i coudl eat that much....lol I know i couldnt but i hope it works for you cuz that would be awesome!

Jodi sorry you are up in weight. Sounds like last week was a rough week for alot of us. Me having that 3 day weekend and TOM has me still all jacked up!!!! We can do this and we will!

Sherrie if you dont see a loss dont stress! It will come off. Its been a rough week. Hang in there.

Congrats to those who did lose! There are good weeks and bad weeks and good days and bad days! We just cant give up because we do knwo it works.

Have a godo day everyone!
Old 09-11-2010, 06:44 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Sherrie ya know I can not say the week was bad. I chose to spend time with my family and indulge. I was able to do that without having to binge yet enjoy some foods I do not general eat. This is why I think judd is for me. Now this week I have no extra plans out so I am hoping that means that the pound will be gone. I am enjoying my woe more than I have in years. i do not feel deprived. I am forever looking for the balence.

Like I said this week will be harder for me but I am determined to make it through. Being stuck in house for 6straight days!! I do get a break for 4hours I get to go to work one day and my dad is covering me. never thought I look foward to work!!
Old 09-11-2010, 06:58 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
Just to let everyone know its not my birthday!! Will the real birthday girl please stand up!!

Sherri..hang in their. Take one day at a time.
Heavens, no matter what our age, we don't need more than one birthday/year!
Old 09-11-2010, 07:03 AM   #159
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Good morning all. Wish I had time to post to each of you, that will have to wait till tonight. Have time for one cup of coffee before getting ready to go out and spend the afternoon with Denny and mom's best friend (my mom died last year of sepsis from a bad fall she took - she had lung cancer and got sepsis in the rehab hosp). Denny is going to fix her computer and we are going to visit. We're taking her to lunch. It will be hard to see her today but good also and I'm looking forward to lunch.

I had a really good DD yesterday but the hunger thing is plagueing me right now. I think it's because my UDs are not high enough calorie - not intentionally. But I just get tired of eating by the time I eat about 3-4oz of protein. I know I need to get my calories for the day UD up from 11-1200 range to more of a 1400-1600 range predominantly from protein/fat and good veg carbs. Down to 264.4lbs.

Bye all and will be back to speak to each of you this afternoon. and

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13

Last edited by pooticus; 09-11-2010 at 07:04 AM..
Old 09-11-2010, 07:15 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Heavens, no matter what our age, we don't need more than one birthday/year!

Pooticus... Its a beautiful day to enjoy some memories of your mom. I'll bet her bests friends has some great ones.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #161
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Jodi-
Best of luck this week while caring for your uncle. It sounds as though you're relieving the regular caregiver, and I think that's so nice of you! As to 'boredom' eating--just say no! I'm retired, so I'm around the house most of the time, and I find it easier not to eat than when I was involved in a very, very stressful job. Try to find something else to do when you're bored and tempted to eat. Cleaning always works for me. Scrubbing the bathroom usually eliminates all thoughts of food

Redeemed-
Five days is too soon to know if this plan will work for you. I know you've checked this all out, but keep in mind that everyone is different, and just because one person can lose weight on that number of calories doesn't mean others can. If I ate at those numbers, I'd gain considerably more than 1 lb in 5 days!! TOM only makes weight loss a challenge for a few days, but menopause makes it a daily challenge!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:35 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Weekly Weigh In.....Well, I weigh exactly the same this morning as I did last Saturday for my weigh in. As I was up for most of the week, I'm happy not to be showing a gain today.

Going to a clambake today so glad it's my UD. I've actually never been to one before (not a fan of steamed clams...although I like the fried and chowder varieties) so it should be interesting.

MWF DD's for me this week and then vacation. Want to definitely show a loss for my weigh in on Saturday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend all!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #163
the condiment queen

Good morning everyone. It's a MD today and am hoping I do a little better than last week! I'm using Leo's advice of basically making it a down day with a couple of smaller snacks thrown in.

Redeemed, I also think another week of experimentation is merited. A 1lb gain could very well be just water and not fat related. Plus you are dramatically increasing cals after eating pretty dang vlc (very low calorie) so there is bound to be a back lash of some sort that may not necessarily invalidate the program.

Jodi saying prayers for you for this week. It's just so good of you and your hubby to care for him! I know if you make a plan you will be able to complete it successfully!

Sherrie have fun at your clambake. Tell us all about it when you get back. They've always sounded so fun. Being from the South, we have "boils" but I hear that is miles different!!

to everyone. Yesterday was a good but poignant day. Did fairly well until late night then went berserk with popcorn and wine. *sigh* Popcorn is back on my offlimits list as is the wine. Live and learn and move on.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #164
Senior LCF member

Yes, "Live and learn and move on."

I have found this to be so true--the only problem with a binge is when you let it take over your life and last a month or two!

I know that I'm not immune to temptation, but every indulgence should be just a one-time, one-moment situation. Done--and back to eating for health.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #165
the condiment queen

You are so right Leo. Thinking retrospectively today, I think it had a lot to do with my mom's friend yesterday and with memories of mom. But again, that's not an excuse to make poor decisions. I just realize that by yesterday afternoon, my attitude had become depressed again. Interesting stuff, huh?
Old 09-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Just saying no all day has worked for me. I have another 150calories left on the day and will have another salad. I was just determined today to succeed. Tomarrow I get a couple hours off b/c uncle goes to daycare. I plan on stopping home and going for a long run. I am going to try to run 6miles. Not sure I can do it but I have a route all set and going to give it my all. I can not wait for some fresh air.

pooticus....What an emotional day it must of been. I love popcorn and have eaten a bit but make only the 100calorie bags or I would be in trouble too!!

Sherrie I am glad the scale went back down for you. Great to plan the week out. Where r u going away. I am curious on how you plan to handle it?? Do you do MD that week and continue with DD?? Have you been on vacation before on JUDD??

Last edited by JKat; 09-12-2010 at 01:31 PM..
Old 09-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Hi my JUDDD friends! I am just popping in to say hi--I went back to JUDDD right after my cruise to Alaska--same results--couldn't manage the up days responsibly triggering binge behaviors. A friend recommended I look at the IF sites--particularly the leangains site--it has totally helped me! I could never ever do the Fast-5 IF'ing without triggering the same binge behavior--but the leangains method of IF'ing for 16 hours with an 8 hour eating window has worked miracles for my weight, my appetite, and my insulin resistance. Naturally I am sticking to LC, primal style, which also helps. I stop eating at 7 pm and don't eat again until 11am (after JUDDD, this is easy-peasy )

Anyhow, hi to all my old friends--I do read most of your posts--good to see how successful you have all been--

Ouis
Old 09-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #168
Senior LCF member

Hi Ouis-

Good to hear from you! Isn't it interesting how different things work for us? I've tried versions of IF (with JUDDD)--e.g., eating DDs only between 10 am and 2 pm to extend the fasting time, but I can't handle anything restrictive like that at all! JUDDD works for me because although I have to restrict calories on DDs, I feel free to eat anytime.

I guess the key to all this is learning about ourselves and finding what works for us.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:11 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Pooticus....you asked about the clambake. It was a food fest...won't mention everything cause I don't think it would be appropriate here. I didn't eat before or after and thoroughly enjoyed myself....let's put it that way. The scale showed a 2lb gain this morning (expected) and I will enjoy my DD today...live and learn and move on.

Ouis....glad you have found something that is working for you. I too struggle with my UD's being out of control and haven't totally given up on JUDD. My problem is I don't eat LC on UD's and that would help tremendously. I'll get there.

Jodi....you asked if I had a plan for my week's vacation. My plan is to enjoy vacation!! My best friend and I go to the Jersey Shore for the week (our 7th year without our hubbies) and usually food is a very large part of our enjoyment for the week. My girlfriend has lost 70lb this year with WW so I'm sure there won't be the junk food snacking that we usually partake in, but eating 2 meals/day out means a lot more sodium. I will attempt at times to make healthy choices and I'm sure there will be times that I don't. I don't plan on going overboard and hope to come home with no more of a gain than I can get rid of the following week. It's a whole week of soaking up the sun on the beach, by the pool, reading, shopping, playing Bananagrams and lots of laughter. Wouldn't miss it for the world!
Old 09-13-2010, 05:52 AM   #170
the condiment queen

Good morning ladies! I hope everyone has a brilliant week with much success!

Ouis - I'm glad you found a program that works for you and allows you to be in control of your eating. Boy do I understand how tough it is to battle the binge monster. He's an evil adversary that's for sure! I certainly looks like it's working for you. Great stats, lady!

Leo - It's so wild how each of us are completely unique! I don't know if IF everyday would work for me either. Although having an UD feels like a relief to me, the reality is that last week, I was staying pretty low. LOL. I still think I need that mental freedom of having a "free day" where I "could" eat whatever and how ever much I want as opposed to being restrictive every day.

Sherrie, glad you enjoyed the clam bake. Did you enjoy baked clams? Don't you just love that saying? Live, learn and move on? Maybe we should adopt it lol. It's so much better than the alternative of punishing ourselves and chronically mentally/emotionally abusing ourselves. Right? Your vacation sounds heavenly. I hope you have a wonderful week!!!!

Yesterday was a medium day and I did fine I guess. I'm not going to plug in numbers cuz I'm too lazy right now to plug in a recipe. :blush: I am up 2lbs to 266.6 as a result of my spectacular UD on Saturday. LOL. Oh well, and here I was concerned that I was losing "too fast" lol. I've heard that if you lose much more than a couple of pounds a week, it's very hard on your liver.

I really don't like having two days non-cycling in a row but I like the idea of having alternating weeks of where my DDs live even less. So I will learn to deal with the Saturday/Sunday thing. Next Monday, my Sissies and I have a day sorting mom's things and hanging out in the pool. So I will do straight UD/DD alternations thru the weekend to end up with Monday being an UD, then will continue thru the week so that Friday will be a MD for me and Saturday will be an UD, then Sunday back to a DD. Weekend after next we will be celebrating my birthday in Dallas so I figure I better start planning now.

Well, off to work for me. I have a project to finish today and another one to start.

to everyone!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #171
the condiment queen

Jodi - Sorry I forgot to post to you! Awesome job at just "saying no" girl!!!! Glad you are able to take a small break. I sure know how difficult it is to be 24/7 taking care of someone. It does take it's toll.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:52 AM   #172
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-
Your vacation plans sound wonderful!!

What really helped me on my last two cruises was reminding myself that it really was all about relaxing, enjoying time with people (friend on one; family on other), and pampering myself. It wasn't all about food. In addition, I knew that if I ate off plan (carby stuff and sugar), I would feel miserable because my body was not used to such stuff, and that would ruin my vacation! I actually ate luxuriously--seafood, omelets, etc.--and didn't really do DDs at all; just tried to eat moderately.

The result was a great time and no gain.

I'm not arguing that you should do this, just sharing that eating carefully can be combined with a great vacation.

Pooticus-
It's not restricting food that bothers me (I can do DDs), but restricting eating times. If JUDDD required only ONE meal on DDs (as many do), I could never do it. The only thing that works for me is knowing that I can eat anytime I want to. Once I feel that I can't eat until x, y, or z time, then I get much too anxious and focused on food. It's almost a contradiction, but I eat far less on DDs knowing that I can eat whenever I want!

Jodi-
Hang in there. You'll do fine.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Is there room for one more (I'm back up to 188 pounds, so I need a fair amount of room)? I have really enjoyed reading all of your posts, and I have a couple of questions. You all seem to be eating very low calories even on up days. When I went to the Judd website and filled in the thinggy, it said I should have 1730 UD and 470 DD. Do you find it necessary to eat fewer calories than this?

Living in a pueblo on the other side of the Pond, I don't have access to low carb shakes or Atkins bars (for the first two weeks the shakes are strongly suggested). There are whey protein powders in the health food shop, but they are all sweetened with aspartame, which I try to avoid. Do any of you use artificially sweetened protein powders?

Does it matter if I start with an up day or a down day?

Linda Sue -- God bless her -- has menus posted on her web site which I think will be invaluable for up days. Starting with her menus for July 2004, she gives the complete nutritional breakdown. I am mathematically challenged, and cannot come to grips with ******, so having everything calculated is a real bonus.

Pooticus, you really are the one who got me to finally plunge into this WOE. When I saw that there is still room in my life for Lindt 85 chocolate, I decided that maybe I can do this.

I am really looking forward to being a loser.

Pat
Old 09-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon everyone. Things are going really well. I got on the scale this morning (YES I packed it to come to my uncles house ) It showed a loss of 2pounds. i was the same last week and finally dropped down. I am right at my goal range!! Thats a total of 6pounds loss if it holds. I am excited that this works for me so well but nervious as to what to do next. My plan is to keep everything the same for this week and see if the loss stays on my official weigh in. Then once I am back home I will have to think about maintanence. That scare me!!

I do not have any vacations planned till April with the kids.

Sherri.....I think this is what I love most about this plan. You can overindulge occasionally on UD without having start at the begining again. Its very forgiving.

Pooticus..Live, Learn and move on!!! I like it!!

Leo...I agree we are so differant. I eat mostly lc but do have days where my meal choice is not LC. Its works for me and broke my stall. I tried to look up that plan IF but had trouble getting on the site. I am suck at computers and it said i had download stuff and did not want to do that at my uncles. Can you give me jist of the plan??? I am very careful because I too tend to binge at times. Certain diets really trigger that feeling. On Juddd I do not feel deprived and have not had a problem.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Pat...Welcome to our group.

I am a newer member and started about 3weeks ago. I started gaining weight last year after a surgery I had and no matter what I did it would not come off. I was really stuck and scale kept going up and up and up. I tried JUDDD and really took to it. I have now lost 6 of the 10pounds but decided that I am going to stay here and try and maintain. Hubby thinks I look better here and so do I.

You do not have to do shakes in the begining. As long as you weigh and measure everything to be within your calories on the DD. I know I have not had any problems with the artifical sweetners but others here have had problems with hunger. I personally order the EAS low carb shakes from netrition and stores in the area carry them. Its most important that you do not eat over your calories on DD. This seems to be the key to JUDDD. On your UD you can eat what you want. Again it seems some stay LC and others do not. I mainly stay low carb except for date night with hubby which is twice a month. I did have an unexpected family day last week and ate nachoes. Now my weight last week did not change but 3days into this week and I am down 2pounds.

Check out the thread for DD menus. It will give you some ideas. I really like my DD because their is not alot of thought going into it. I took up Leo's moto Just say NO!! It been working for me. UD have been more of a challenge for me.

As far as how many calories Start with it you may have to change that up. I eat about 350calories on DD and UD around 1600. I still am playing with my UD calories. Sometimes I am just not hungry!! The number you got is just a guide line. I know I saw leo post that if she ate all the calories the computer said she would gain.

Last edited by JKat; 09-13-2010 at 12:34 PM..
Old 09-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #176
Senior LCF member

Hi Pat-
Welcome! When I first started JUDDD, the calculator gave much higher UD numbers, and I think that's why so many of us did our 'own thing' on UDs. In addition, I have some metabolic issues (hypothyroid) that force me to keep my calories lower. However, the numbers you got seem reasonable, so you might want to start there. If you find the UD number is too high (you don't normally eat that much), it won't hurt to go a little lower.

As Jodi points out, the DD number is the really important one, and it's important not to go over. That's actually the reason they suggest 'shakes' for the first 2 weeks. They have no confidence that anyone can accurately count calories--and research shows that most people underestimate their calories. However, I'm a real pro at calorie counting, and I could not do shakes because my body doesn't seem to register liquids as 'food.' I need 'mouth action.'

So from the beginning, I always ate real food on my DDs. But I don't eat anything unless I know the exact calorie count--which I usually get from the package or can. Since I focus on getting enough protein, I mainly eat canned tuna or sardines and egg whites, and I get calorie counts from the packaging. You can do this with soup and a variety of other things.

I'm one of those people bothered by artificial sweeteners--my body seems to regard them the same as sugar, so on a DD, I would get hungry if I had anything with AS. I've given them up completely because of this.

People here do a variety of things, so if you have other questions, just post, and we'll try to help out.

Jodie-
Congratulations on the loss! I think you're right to wait until you're home to start maintaining, and I must admit that it's not as much fun as losing! But it's nothing to be afraid of. Think of it this way, a pound=3500 calories, so while we're playing around with the right mix for maintenance, I doubt that either of us will be consuming an extra 3500 calories that week! So you don't have to worry about gaining. As you adjust your eating, the scale may show a higher number, but that's usually water retention from changing food or eating schedule.

Last week, my niece was home from college, and I took her out to dinner. The restaurant had a 'famous' cheesecake ( which I love but haven't eaten in about 3 years), so I ordered dessert! It was as delicious as they advertised, but, more important, thanks to JUDDD, I could really enjoy it because I knew I could have a good DD or two, and that cheesecake would not add any lbs.

Also, thanks to JUDDD and primal eating, I don't care whether it's another 3 years before I have another piece of cheesecake. I enjoyed it but know that I don't want it to be a regular feature of my menu!

Last edited by Leo41; 09-13-2010 at 02:31 PM..
Old 09-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #177
the condiment queen

Hi Patlaf!!! It's awesome to see you here!!!!

I have to admit it is nice to be able to have that 1 square of Lindt. I don't really have much of a sweet tooth, but for some reason that 1 square at the end of the day on a DD makes it feel psychologically like I'm not dieting! LOL.

I've kept my UD calories low on accident. Still getting used to doing this. Last week, I just wasn't hungry enough to eat more on the UDs. It will be interesting to see if that happens again this week, now that I'm back on schedule. I'm at the point of really hating the weekends though because of the break in schedule with an UD on Saturday and a MD on Sunday. I don't know how much higher I can go, but I know at 1400 I wasn't losing again doing plain LC. So I figured I would keep them between 1400-1600 for UDs, but again, still trying to get there.

I just bought a brand of protein powder online that is sweetened with Lo Huan Goa (sp?) and xylitol. It's the same stuff Dr. Mercola sells but cheaper! It's Swanson's Brand from the Swanson Vitamin Company and is made from grass fed cows milk, whole fat. It's not as good as some brands but I hope I'm doing better by eating it cuz of the grass fed part and also because of the no aspartame stuff. I use it because I feel indulged by drinking an iced coffee sometimes on a DD with a splash of coconut milk in it and sometimes a tsp of cream. It's a way of getting my protein up without having to think so much like I do on DD dinners.

Hope this helps and hope you like it as much as we do! I don't think this is a Kimkin's kinda diet because of the UD.

Jodi - congrats on the shaking that scale loose girl!!!!! Whoooot! 6lbs is awesome!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #178
Senior LCF member

No, Pooticus, please don't mention Kimkims in the same breath as JUDDD!

First of all, Dr. J warns against consecutive DDs. The principle behind JUDDD is that 24 hrs of low calories won't affect the body negatively and will enable the dieter to eat to satisfaction on alternate days, thus avoiding 'burn out.'

For most people, the total calories for the week will be the same as on most other plans; we just eat them differently.

Moreover, there's no food that's forbidden on JUDDD. It doesn't even have to be low carb, so there's no resemblance between this and Kimkims.

JUDDD may seem 'radical' when you first hear about it (all anyone usually hears is about 500 cals!), but when you're actually doing it, you see how balanced it actually is.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: Me/LessOfMe/JustRight
WOE: LC/Under 20/40
Start Date: March 2013
Hey all,
I hope you all are having a fantastic start to the new week!
I haven't been on much with family visitors, work, etc. but so far, as of today I'm down 3 lbs. YAY! I have to fuel myself on the step successes!
Have a great nite all. It's Monday Night Football here so I will pop off and on as I can
Old 09-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #180
the condiment queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
No, Pooticus, please don't mention Kimkims in the same breath as JUDDD!

First of all, Dr. J warns against consecutive DDs. The principle behind JUDDD is that 24 hrs of low calories won't affect the body negatively and will enable the dieter to eat to satisfaction on alternate days, thus avoiding 'burn out.'

For most people, the total calories for the week will be the same as on most other plans; we just eat them differently.

Moreover, there's no food that's forbidden on JUDDD. It doesn't even have to be low carb, so there's no resemblance between this and Kimkims.

JUDDD may seem 'radical' when you first hear about it (all anyone usually hears is about 500 cals!), but when you're actually doing it, you see how balanced it actually is.
Leo I won't mention it again. Patlaf and I had some familiarity with KK and anytime I hear about eating 500cals/day bells ring in my head and I start seeing Russian brides around every corner. That's why I said what I did. And why I said it wasn't a KK kind of plan like the Chicken Diet woman, who would tell you to eat 500-700 cals per day.
Closed Thread