Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #121
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Sally-

Great loss--congratulations! And, please, neither you nor Pooticus are 'slow losers' if you can lose 6 lbs in a month. My monthly losses on JUDDD (the best I ever loss) were 4 lbs! But every little bit helps, as I've discovered

Watch out for that coconut bark on DDs. Coconut oil is 100 cal per Tablespoon, so you don't get much food for all those calories.

I had a negative experience with coconut oil (which I don't think is the miracle food touted on this board) because it raised my LDL by 50 points within 4 months. I found that out because my endo checks my blood every 4 months, and my cholesterol had been stable for some time. By coincidence, I started using coconut oil right after one of my check ups, and at the following one, my LDL was up 50 pts. When my endo asked about any "dietary changes,' I thought of the CO, and he advised me to drop it.
I did--and at the next check up, that LDL was down exactly 50 points.

I don't worry about cholesterol, but I worry about any product that can have such a dramatic effect. I use olive oil all the time without an issues like that.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
I don't use much coconut oil, but have found the bark satisfies the chocolate cravings I get from time to time. I make mine very thin, 3T spread out over a large dinner plate. I probably got less than a half a tablespoon. While at the grocery yesterday I looked at the Hershy Bars, LOL, and walked on by. That is probably why chocolate was on my mind.

Leo- Hmmm...interesting about your cholesteral. I probably only eat a batch every 3-4 weeks so probably not enough to make a difference for me.

Pooticus- I didn't have a loss the week before so that 2 is for a 2 week period. I'm happy with that. I have terrible problems with fluid retention, JUDDD seems to keep that under control. Hope this rate of loss continues. I ate a lot of the coconut bark when I first discovered it in March, but now just use it to get my chocolate fix occasionally. I keep a batch in the fridge all the time and get a little piece a couple of times a week.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #123
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
I've been using the Lindt 85% Cacao but just bought some unsweetened choc and also some cocoa powder to try making some of the bark to try because it sure would be cheaper.

Although, reading about the cholesterol thing that makes me pause...I have fatty liver disease and don't want to do anything that would jack with my liver functions including making cholesterol go up.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Sally....cheering for you with a 6lb loss for the month!!!
That is fantastic. So glad JUDD is working for you.

Night time snacking is also a problem for me. It seems I could graze from the time I get up from the dinner table til I go to bed. Our local supermarket chain here (Wegmans) has started this summer making a weird looking rice cake frisbee type thing in their stores that they sell in a package of 15. They are called CocoPop and ingredients include wheat flour, rice flour, corn flour, water and sea salt. They have 16 calories each with no fat, no cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 4g carbs and no sugar or preservatives. They are about 6" in diameter and are very crunchy....really satisfy my need to crunch on something. Of course they are advertised to have as a snack with PB or jelly or salsa or Nutella or hummus spread on, but I find them quite satisfying by themselves....kind of a nutty, popcorn type flavor almost only without the sodium. It's interesting to watch them make them as they fly out of this machine with a huge POP sound one at a time.

Yes, Leo...JUDD is very forgiving for getting rid of extra water weight from UD's. If I could only get my UD's under control, I could be making better headway here. I still get the feeling that it's license to eat for me for the day. I'll keep working on it.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
Old 09-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #125
Senior LCF member

Pooticus-
That cholesterol thing could just have been my personal response to the stuff. It may not affect you the same way. Unlike Sally, I not only made the bark, but I used it for cooking as well. But I see no need to risk it because I don't see any benefits that I don't get from my favorite olive oil--which gives me great cholesterol numbers.

I loved the Lindt 85%, but since I've given up ALL sweeteners (no sugar at all or AS), I get my chocolate fix from baking chocolate (the totally sugar-free kind)--yes, you have to be desperate to eat that stuff:-) Ironically, I've really acquired a taste for it, and and enjoy it, but with 70 cal for just a half of a square, I only have it on 'special' UDs.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Oh boy I just lost my entire post!!! It was a long one too. I hate when that happen!!

Today is a DD and going well. I will post later after the kids are settled down.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #127
the condiment queen

JKat I hate when that happens!!!

Leo - I've read a few things that still makes me suspicious of coconut oil so I don't use it alot, only infrequently. Of course the studies I've read could be bad studies too...
I don't know if I could get used to baking chocolate lol, but one never knows!

Ok, I'm loving JUDDD. I am sitting here (as I have all day) and have avoided work in favor of hanging out at LCF. And so I'm sitting here getting pretty hungry and it's about time for me to go fix dinner. This is a DD and I'm thinking dang am I lucky! Tomorrow I can just TEAR into food - whatever I want to eat!!!! I can do anything for a day (meaning I can deny myself a bunch of food).

Just like someone here posted...I have this feeling now but tomorrow morning I will wake up and I won't be hungry! LOL. Yesterday as my up day and instead of pigging out, I realized only in doing my entries today, that I only had about 1100 calories for the day! That is too low obviously, so tomorrow I will concentrate on eating more - probably a slightly larger breakfast or lunch...but it really makes me feel free knowing I don't have to be "perfect" every day!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Old 09-09-2010, 05:06 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

pooticus...That always happens to me on my DD. I am really hungry before bed. All day its sorta an empty feeling. I like to sip a shake throughout the day. Once I actually eat food the empty hunger pain turns to a annoying hunger pain. I usually do not eat till late afternoon or dinner. It like as soon as I eat I do not know its a physical or mental reaction that I want more. So far I have been able to deal with it. Surprising the next day I am not starving.

Alot of talk about the MD. I have not had to deal with changing up my days. I just do not think I can handle a MD.

!!! Sally!! Awesome results.

Today is an UD for me. We plan on spending a family day. I am sure that will mean lunch. The best part is I am not having the ususal anxiety about eating out. I know I can eat what I want in moderation and not throw myself off for weeks. This plan really seems to suit me right now. I do not mind the DD at all. The UD are a bit more of challenge but doable!! I am so lucky to have found you guys for support. Thank you!!

Redeemed...google Rob nevins. His plan is alot like what you are doing. He says that your skinny switch can be activated on a higher level of calories as long as you cycle them and bump the calories up every third day. Just interesting to read about.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:28 AM   #129
the condiment queen

Morning everyone! all around and hoping the day goes wonderfully for each of you.

JKat - I hear ya on the hungry after eating. Unlike most people on LC (or many at least), I really never got that hunger satiety that comes from low carbing. I think maybe because my meals were always gargantuan. I would read the servings that a lot of the successful LCers ate and thought, they're joking right? It's only recently that I realized for me personally, satiety is linked to eating small portions. I don't know if it's a caloric thing or a physical stomach and intestinal stretching thing that activates an increased appetite in me. I'm realizing it's not necessarily the carbs which I always thought it was.

When I was so sick with an upper resp. infection recently, I was having intestinal issues. So the doc put me on a BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, tea). I ate very little at a time. Maybe only a few bites at most. I had no appetite and my blood sugar was actually in the 70s and 80s. Weird huh? After that when I started eating again, I would have a spoon of rice with about an ounce or two of baked chicken and a spoon of green beans and again, no appetite increase. Then I had 2 tiny new potatoes (the size of an egg for both together) and again, no probs. So I truly don't know why some of us have hunger issues after eating. Grrrr! I do believe it is a Leptin/Grehlin thing but I'm clueless to explain it at this point to myself. Have an awesome time today with your family! It sounds like big fun!!!

I'm down to 267lbs this morning. This is the official weigh in for my 1 week JUDDDiversary. On Sept.1, my start date, I was 271.8lbs (-4.8lbs for the week). That sounds really impressive until you look above. On 8.28.10 I weighed 269.8lbs. I have a habit of gaining water weight after a loss (usually). So I don't really believe my true start date was 271.8lbs. I think it was really closer to 269.8lbs which would make the real loss 2.8lbs and the other was just water from the recent loss).

Help me decide which to claim please as the real loss please guys?

Yesterday I had maybe the hungriest day in a while. The only thing that kept me out of a bedtime snack was the fact that today was official weigh-in day for me. I'm glad I did defer eating, because the scale did end up moving in the right direction.

Today is an UD for me and I am really hungry. I will go ahead and make a reasonable breakky in a bit and get on with my day. So far I feel this is a totally doable plan and I'm in for one more week!

Last edited by pooticus; 09-09-2010 at 05:30 AM..
Old 09-09-2010, 06:01 AM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Mini-Goal #1-213 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb/Exercise/Whatever else will work for me
Start Date: Everyday!
Lurker

I have been reading this board for awhile trying to understand this plan. I do understand Dr. Johnson's Up Day Down Day with whatever food you want but what about low-carbing the plan. Do you all eat low-carb food on your Up Days & Down Days or just whatever you want. If is whatever you want for your Up Days and then you low carb your down days isn't that not really low-carbing? I am just curious if you eat only low-carb foods on all the days? I find this interesting and may one day try this, really not sure yet, just curious. Thanx for answering my question.

Have a nice day!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:09 AM   #131
the condiment queen

Hi MAgie, I can't speak for anyone else, but I am lowcarb all the way. Even when I was sick and eating the BRAT diet I was under 40g of carbs a day.

Now that I'm healthy again, I eat a normal lowcarb diet and my carb level is usually somewhere between 30-50/60g of carbs a day. Usually closer to the 30-40g per day area.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:20 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
JUDDD works even if you don't lowcarb, as long as you rotate the dds and uds. (minimal calorie days rotated with normal calorie days).
Personally, I keep it lowcarb all the time, because I have bigtime health issues with sugar and grains, they really make me sick, compulsive, mean, etc. etc.
For what it's worth, sometimes my wt is up more after dds, if I've had too much salt, which I often get with putting chicken boullion in my soups,(even if I know better-sigh) but it all averages out. I'm agreeing with Leo, if I can get back to losing 1# a week I will be soooo happy.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:09 AM   #133
Senior LCF member

Maggie-
If you've been reading this board, we've answered the low carb question repeatedly. JUDDD itself doesn't require any specific food choices--it's entirely based on calories. But the reason this thread is on LCF is that most of us were low carbing before we discovered JUDDD, and most of us have continued to low carb. Others eat more carbs, but it varies from person to person.

I eat low carb all the time; in fact, my WOE is mostly primal--no grains, dairy, sugar or artificial sweeteners. I eat mainly fish, meat, eggs, and veggies. I do this mainly for health reasons--I feel best with this type of eating. Several of our members are type 2 diabetics, and they, too, eat low carb for health reasons--to control their blood sugar.

On JUDDD, you can choose whatever foods you prefer, although Dr. J makes the point that the best choice is healthy foods--not x calories of junk!

Pooticus--
A loss is a loss--don't overthink this! Just be happy

On the hunger issue. One thing I noticed during my years of losing was that since the body doesn't like to lose, whenever my body was in 'weight loss mode'--i.e., I was losing slowly but steadily--I would get unexplained hunger some days. It was "unexplained" because there were no trigger foods involved; I was eating what I normally ate, and, of course, I am well past TOM!
My theory is that at such times the body creates hunger to urge you not to lose! I've found that resisting that hunger makes it disappear within an hour or so, but it can be very intense while it lasts. I've had times when it lasted an entire day. I suspected it was not true hunger because it would often occur on an UD rather than a DD! I thought to myself, "I wasn't hungry yesterday on 400 cal, so how can I be so hungry today when I've already had 1400?"

I have a theory that many low carbers (who don't count calories) stall because they assume this is 'real' hunger and they eat more. I really think it's just the body trying to stop the person from losing weight.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:17 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Maggie-
If you've been reading this board, we've answered the low carb question repeatedly. JUDDD itself doesn't require any specific food choices--it's entirely based on calories. But the reason this thread is on LCF is that most of us were low carbing before we discovered JUDDD, and most of us have continued to low carb. Others eat more carbs, but it varies from person to person..
Truth be known I haven't read every single one of the JUDD posts just bits and pieces. I am sorry, didn't mean to ask the question again I just wanted to get to the answer so I wouldn't have to read all the posts! Thanx for clarifying, have a nice day!

Old 09-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #135
Senior LCF member

Maggie-
I wasn't trying to be 'snarky,' but you had mentioned you'd read the boards, so I was confused because we just had that same question recently!

Do you not want to eat low carb? Most of us stay with low carb because we've discovered that we simply can't eat high carb at all. When I first did Atkins way back in '72, I would stall if I went above 30g of carbs a day, and I find that's the level at which I'm most comfortable even today.

But some folks here on JUDDD eat a much more varied diet--including more carbs--because they find that better for them. Even though this is a low carb board, we're inclusive here
Old 09-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Maggie-
I wasn't trying to be 'snarky,' but you had mentioned you'd read the boards, so I was confused because we just had that same question recently!

Do you not want to eat low carb? Most of us stay with low carb because we've discovered that we simply can't eat high carb at all. When I first did Atkins way back in '72, I would stall if I went above 30g of carbs a day, and I find that's the level at which I'm most comfortable even today.

But some folks here on JUDDD eat a much more varied diet--including more carbs--because they find that better for them. Even though this is a low carb board, we're inclusive here
Yes, if I did JUDD I would definitely eat the low carb way because I believe it is what works best for me. I HATE being carbed up, I hate the "brain fog" feeling I used to get from eating food like pasta, rice, flour, etc...... I guess if I did it on my UP days I would probably eat more carbs than I would of course than on my DD's. I guess what I find appealing to a plan like this is that on a DD I would giving my body a break from consumption and also recognizing when I was trully hungry. Does this make any sense?

Thank you again for the response, I will keep reading and gaining some more insight on everyone's experience. Who knows maybe you will have one more convert!
Old 09-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Leo the hunger issue is interesting. Like I said I am fine until I start chewing something. No it not horrible just a very notacible change in the type of hunger. I really have not had a problem with DD.

We had a great family day. We went out for nachos. Its the family favorite. I ate reasonably but was hungry all day after lunch. I knew it would happen so I was prepared. It finally passed. I did a 3.5mile run this morning.

I low carb 6 out of th 7days. On the 7th day I give myself a choice. Today I choice nachos. Next week I may choose to stay low carb. I like the flexibility the plan has given me. I am also very close to goal weight. Judd has broken my stall and is forgiving. I am very pleased so far. I do not eat junk!!

Last edited by JKat; 09-09-2010 at 03:18 PM..
Old 09-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #138
Senior LCF member

Maggie-
I eat the same number of carbs as when I was just doing a regular, generic low carb plan (i.e., before JUDDD), but I usually have VLC on DDs simply because of the low calories and my desire to get in as much protein as possible.

Some people here like salads on DDs because they're filling, but I don't. I'll sometimes have home-made soup on a DD (about 10g carbs) but that's the most, and it's not often. On UDs, I may have up to 30g carbs, but I rarely have more than that. I just feel better eating this way.

If you try JUDDD, I think you'll discover that the DD experience does help a lot with food issues. Being able to limit myself gave me a sense of control over food that I've never had in my life.

I'm not trying to convert you--just responding to your post!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Pooticus....I'd claim the whole 4.8lb!! You had a start date for JUDD and I'd go with that initial weight....but then that's me. Don't sweat the small stuff and CONGRATULATIONS either way.

Maggie....I'm one who usually LC's on DD's only cause I tend to eat mainly protein then. I try not to do flour, sugar but occasionally do have these on UD's (probably why I find them harder to control). I don't count carbs at anytime, but that's just how I tend to eat. We'd love to have you join us at some point if you want to give JUDD a try. It certainly seems to solve the "stall" problem for a lot of LC'ers.

DD for me today and I made some soup (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onions, asparagus, chicken stock) that was very filling. Sodium content was up there, so that may not bode well for the scale tomorrow but calories were in my limits for the day.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
I finally got my paper done. Nothing like putting it off till the Very last minute.

Pooticus- Count that fluid. You carried it and you lost it. On a week to week basis I count from the lowest weekly weight. If I gain a pound this week and lose it and one more the next, I just count 1. Have I confused you even more.

Maggie- I usually try to stay below 30 carbs, but if I am craving something I eat it on an UD. I have been thinking about onion rings lately. If I see a resturant that has them this weekend I will indulge. I will still dump the bun from my burger. LOL

Sherrie- those CocoPops you mentioned sound good to me. I have never seen them, but have heard others mention them. I like rice cakes too...anything crunchy. That is my biggest complaint with low carb. I miss those crunchies.

Jodi- I hate losing a post. If you see it is slow in accepting a post, copy it to a word document, Then you can just copy it to the board later. I have done that several times.

I am leaving for school before noon tomorrow and will be back Saturday night. I may not get back here till Sunday evening. It will be interesting to see how much damage fast food for 2 days will do. DD Sunday.

Oh, by the way, Norma is being moved to a nursing home tomorrow. She is doing reasonably well. Some paralysis on her left side from the stroke. Thank you all for your prayers.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:57 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Lots of prayers and hugs Sally. Good Luck at school!

I am off to work today. Its a DD and I am all set to go. I will be spending the next week caring for my disabled Uncle. Hubby will have home duty. Its tough their because I hang around alot. When I am bored I like to eat. I brought some exercise tapes with me and did a grocery shopping for my foods. His main care giver My other uncle will go a way for the week.

Pooticus WTG on your loss!! I would claim it all!!
Old 09-10-2010, 06:48 AM   #142
the condiment queen

Maggie! Hope you stick around and post with us! Very supportive group of ladies here. And speaking for myself, this way of eating is certainly working better than anything I've ever tried in the last 10 years. Truly amazing.

JKat I'm so thrilled for you that JUDDD has blasted through your stall and you are still able to make choices that include eating really scrumptuous things like your nachos! MMMMMMM! But better still, glad you and the fam had a terrific day together! That's so awesome that you care for your uncle! Work those tapes girl!!! Being a care giver is sooo difficult. I can relate!

Sherrie I'm counting them baybeee! I'm saying prayers for you that water is your friend and the sodium isn't going to be mean to you. The soup sounds delicious! I saw those "pops" things at our HEB last week and thought they looked so lovely! I was so close to buying them, but the gluten in them made me hang back and decline. I'm SOOOOO trying to permanently break-up with it. So far it's been idk how many months (since Lent I think)? But it's tough!

Sally doesn't it feel good to be free of the albatross? So you travel to another town to attend school? Being nosy here, where do you stay when go? I'm so happy to hear Norma is improving. Praying for a successful and safe journey for you and that the fast food still allows you to make awesome choices!

Hello to everyone I haven't mentioned by name! I hope each of you are having a great week filled with blessings and abundance (and loss on the scale if that's what you're seeking)!!!

I am trying not to gush or be overly enthusiastic about the success of JUDDD on my body. It's difficult not to get zealous. The only thing I can say is that my fatty liver has contributed to making weight loss and blood sugar control incredibly difficult for years! I have been used to crawling losses of 2-4lbs a month or none per month for months and months - gaining and losing the same few pounds.

This time is so different. God is certainly answering my fervent prayers! My liver seems to be happy. It must be right? Since I'm losing at a spectacular clip. Maybe it's just water right now, but it's not like this is the start of low carb for me, so dunno. I will try not to over-analyze (although I am a bad over-analyzer). I'm praying that the loss means that some of the fat is indeed clearing from my liver and it's healing. That would be the true blessing!

Today is a DD for me and yesterday's UD was very contained. I had thought it would be a disaster, since I'd already eaten about 800 calories by lunch time but for dinner I ended up being able to sit down to a lovely dinner served on a luncheon sized plate with my little 3oz of protein serving and a small serv of veggies and salad and I was more than completely satisfied. Ended up at about 1250 cals for the day. Still a little on the low side but again, I'm not going to worry too much about that as I try to figure these things out.

If anyone had told me a year ago that I would be able to limit my protein to my daily bodily needs instead of eating more towards 150g/day, I would have laughed. But I'm doing it easily and without feeling deprived which of course is key for all of us.

Hugs all around and have an awesome start to your weekend!!!!!

Last edited by pooticus; 09-10-2010 at 06:51 AM..
Old 09-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
I'm claiming another pound loss! Yes! After one week that's two pounds but I'll take two every week please. On my DD's I notice that I really am ending up with around 550 cals. It seems very difficult for me to do with less. Then on my UD's I'm only eating 1200-1300 cals. Carbs are staying in the 40-60 range. I'm also trying to be more conscious of my exercise, or should I say lack of. I walk either outside or with Leslie Sansone and twice a week I do Pilates on my reformer. I watched one of the really hard core exercise reality shows the other night and there is no way I could ever do what they do, but then I guess at 71 I can claim some points. Years ago I played a lot of tennis, had a trainer in Dana Point where I lived at the time and now I have such lack of energy. Wish I could ramp the energy up a bit.

Just musing today I guess!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #144
the condiment queen

Suze 2lbs Wooooooohoooo! I'm so happy for you!!!! Are you taking vitamins???
Old 09-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #145
Senior LCF member

Suze-
Great loss! Congratulations!!

Don't worry about the exercise--walking is great. Mark Sisson (author of Primal Blueprint) argues that intense exercise is not only not necessary, it's bad for the body. And he's not talking about us 'oldies,' he's focused on the young guys! He calls it 'chronic cardio' and says that it's not helpful at all.
He advocates regular, mild exercise--which is exactly what you're doing.

I think at our age (I'm 69) any exercise we do is a 'bonus.' I've been swimming regularly for the past 25 years, but I'm planning to visit my gym's exercise room to see what the machines have to offer, too because I need to do more 'weight bearing' to head off osteoporosis (my hip loss was significant on my last bone scan).

Walking is difficult for me because of bad knees, ankle, and foot (arthritis damage), but I've been trying it recently just to vary my exercise a little. I had a Leslie Sansone tape that I bought a couple of years ago--and now I can't find it! I may just buy another because it should be good to use in the winter when I don't want to walk on the ice.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Suze 2lbs Wooooooohoooo! I'm so happy for you!!!! Are you taking vitamins???
Yes, I take Trader Joes's multiple, C, D, Q-10, niacin, resveratrol, Trader Joe's Cal/Mag, and Move On for my dear joints. Just came back in from the 2 mile walkie with the Jack Russells. I notice that living in Portland, OR I have more joint problems than when I lived in Las Vegas. Also, my allergies/sinus are worse here. DH wants to move back to L.V. and get out of the rain. Hope I didn't over do the UD. We shall see tomorrow!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

pooticus...you sound like me. By your post you think you will wake up tomarrow and this does not work anymore. We need to stick together because leo already did the ground wk for us. It will work!! I hope this helps your fatty liver! Maybe this is the blessing you have been waiting for.

Suze WTG girl. Its exciting to see the loss on the scale.

Leo...I know that intense exercise is not needed but I am one of the crazies that really enjoy a good sweat. I love to exercise and switch what I do often so not to get bored. You are in better shape than most your age!!

This is the end of my DD and did well. calories 350.....
Old 09-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Good evening ladies! I have been awol all week again...lol this seesm to be a pattern! I have been reading though so i know whats been going on but there is too much for me to post about everythign and to everyone since its been so long. I feel bad about that sometimes.

Congrats on the losses though! This plan is great! I am still wroking on losign my big weekend gain though! UGGHHH!!! I had a DD Tue and my MD went well i guess. I ended the day with about 1000 calories. It was harder doing a MD than a DD...lol I just basically ate what i do on a DD but added my protein shake during my workout and added more protein with lunch and dinner. I have been bad and weighed almost everyday this week because of that big gain. I have been a little obsessive. I will weigh in the monring and then im not touching the scale for the whole week. Im gonna have my SO put it in the garage so its not staring at me every morning. When i weighed this morning i was at 139 and was 143 Tue morning after the big 3 days of eating meat...lol So im on my way to losign it but this week TOM has been here too so not good all the way around. It will come off. Thats one i know about this woe. It doesnt take long and i really love that.

This was a quicky! Ill post more this weekend and i have yet to check out our new thread so i need to do that too. Back to football!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 02:48 AM   #149
Senior LCF member

Weekly Weigh In

Up a pound to 161.5 this week, and I think this has been instructive. After I said that I planned to keep my DDs and just eat a little more on UDs, I found myself having difficulty with DDs this week for the first time since I've been doing JUDDD!

Perhaps it was just psychological because I knew I didn't have to stay below 400 cal, but each of my DDs was 600-650 cal. I've never had difficulty keeping DDs in check before, and I don't want to get into a habit of not being able to do good DDs because I think they are the key to JUDDD--even in maintenance.

My UDs were also a little higher for a couple of days (about 1600 cal), and I think that was the problem--high calories on most days. Not by much but obviously too much.

Next week I plan to go back to my original idea--keeping DDs below 400, with UDs no more than 1600. I think that will work a lot better.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:04 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Weekly weigh in and im still holding at 139 this morning even after a great DD yesterday.

Leo, you probably have a good idea. You just have to play with it and see what works for you. I know eating totally carnivore did not work for me last weekend...lol This weight i gained does not want to let go. Im gonna try to keep my calories about 1500 too 1600 this weekend and then have some great DD's next week.

I made my mom a big batch of my soup last weekend and she doesnt like it that much so im gonna get it back from her. She still has 4 bowls left so that means i wont have to make a soup this weekend!

Maggie i forgot to welcome you! Sorry about that. If you do decide to try this woe it is really great and there alot of great women here that can give you some wonderful advise. They helped make the transition for me so much easier. I do LC as well on this woe. I have been lowcarb for 6 or 7 yrs nwo so i dont know any other way to eat...lol I do eat more carbs on DD's than i do UD's. I figured out that i need more volume so i make soups and salads and things like that on DD's to keep me satisfied. I usually have about 30 to 50 carbs on DD's and under 20 on UD's so you can do lowcarb for sure on the plan. You can make the plan however you want to eat, which is so wonderful about it. I love the control the DD's give me and the freedom i feel on UD's. Since im maintaining i really enjoy that. I did have a bad weekend last weekend, especially with it being 3 days and so much cookout food and TOM, so i still havent dropped the lbs i gained but i know i will. Im not stressing about it. If you decide to try it out keep us posted.
Closed Thread