Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #61
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I understand what you're trying to say, Jessica, because I feel exactly the same way! IMO Pooticus should not worry about addressing every post!

I like to respond to everyone if I can, but I also don't want to just send "atta-boy" messages that can get meaningless.

Sometimes I'll come on to post, and there will be 5 or 6 new posts to read, but I might have something relevant to say to only 1 or 2 of them. Naturally, if someone asks a specific question, I'll respond, even if I don't know the answer--i.e., I want the person to know she's been heard.

But if someone is just reporting on what she ate or plans to eat, unless I have a specific comment, it doesn't seem to need a response. In fact, if I'm having a DD, I try not to read posts that talk about food or list menus--I'm just too weak

Same way with me as poster. I post my weight weekly as a form of personal accountability. I really don't expect any response--unless I happen to ask a specific question.

So I truly hope no one feels disrespected if I don't respond to every one of her posts.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Hello Gang-

I feel the same way about being named in posts. No big deal not to be mentioned. I also sometimes feel stressed about forgeting someone.

I am making a hospital run into the big city this afternoon so will be stopping for some supplies on the way home. I found an asian market listed. I am on the hunt for shiritaki noodles. The 0 carb 0 calories sound good. Also will be looking for those 100 calorie chicken sausages that someone mentioned eating.

I have lost the bloat from earlier this week, so I am content.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:30 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
I am so far behind. Sorry! I have been working the last couple of days and its been so busy!! Just wanted to say hi and I will try and catch up later!

Pooticus...Do not worry about addressing us all. We have to many stressors already!
Old 09-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Score!!!! I found the shirataki noodles...$1.29 a package. It's printed in Japanese, but the 0 in calories and carb slots are the same in any language. I did not fix any tonight... will try them tomorrow on my DD. Sure hope I like them. They had 3 colors so I got 2 of each to try...I can't read what the difference is...LOL. I've got white, black (brown), and sort of green.

The lady in the hospital had a stroke and a heart attack. She also has alzhiemers. If you are a praying person, please say a prayer for Norma. Such a sad situation.

Wound up with a moderate day today 1100 calories. Chicken wings, roasted green beans. hamburger.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:39 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning...It looks like everyone had a good week with loses!!!

Thanks for the talk about MD. It would help with social events.

I have to say when I started out I was so skeptical that this would work. I am so happy that I broke my stall of so long. For me I started gaining weight about a year ago. Everything I use to do did not work. I consulted my MD and had extensive bld work. My OB said yup your 40 and perimenapause your body is changing and you have to do trial and error. I was most worried that I would wake up next year another pound heavier and still could not figure out how to loose.

Thank you all for your support!!! This is really working for me. I am very close to my goal and need to think about how I am going to maintain. Do I continue DD with higher UD or do I raise DD till I stop losing.

Last edited by JKat; 09-05-2010 at 02:45 AM..
Old 09-05-2010, 02:41 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Sally I like the tofu ones the best. I find that if I pan saute to get rid of water it works the best. Then put on top what you want. I then put in the refrig for lunch the next day. They seem to taste alot better that way. The plain ones are very hard to get a good texture on. I use those more for cold asian type salads.

Last edited by JKat; 09-05-2010 at 02:43 AM..
Old 09-05-2010, 03:14 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
_2096035a0fsxt0umn.gif Good morning everyone!

Down a pound this morning.

Sally I will remember Norma in prayer today. Good luck on those noodles. I couldn't make them work for me.

Jodi It must be nice to be close to maintenance. I think you are supposed to increase your DD calories to maintain.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:43 AM   #68
Senior LCF member

Hi Jodi-

Redeemed is correct. According to Dr. J, the way to maintain is to increase DD calories until you are no longer losing, but there should still be a difference between your DD and UD. He uses himself as an example (keep in mind that he's a man who eats more calories than we can possibly:-) In maintenance, he eats 2000 cal on UDs and 1000 cal on DDs.

I've just begun to tinker with this, and my original idea was to raise my DDs to 600-700, which would seem like a 'feast' after 350! Oddly, I had trouble with that because I've spent 20 mos. doing low DDs. So what I was planning to try this month is to keep my DDs low and just have a little more on UDs. That's what Shelly is doing, and she likes this system a lot. Since I was only losing a pound a week, I think just a few more UD calories will be enough. But I'm afraid this will get me into the habit of eating too much, which will revive bad habits from the past.

Another idea I like is that I might just do 2 DDs a week, keeping my UDs the same. This way, if I see a gain, I can easily go back to 3 DDs, and I'd be able to eat pretty much as I am now--which I'm comfortable with. This seems like it might be best for me, and I might try this now.

I think the main idea to maintain on JUDDD is that whatever system you use, keep a difference between DDs and UDs, which is what makes it work.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:31 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Good morning everyone! Well, here i am up way too early for a weekend! I would love to sleep until 8 or 9 on the weekend, just once...lol

I am so glad you guys talked more about responding to everyone. I have that same problem with feeling bad for not doing it. Its good to know everyone understands each and every one of our crazy schedules and that its ok. I do come and read everyday. Even if it is on my phone when im laying in bed before going to sleep. By the time i get around to getting online and responding i have forgotten so much and maybe just remember one or two things to respond to. I love just reading everyones successes and how they are doing and if anyone is struggling, just all of it. I cheer for each and everyone of you when you drop a lb or 2 and cry with you when you are struggling about whatever it is, food or home or whatever, even though i may not say anything.

Ok, about the ham rollups, they are fabulous! She makes them quite a bit. I think the ham she gets might be made by farmland. Its not the really thin deli slices. They are more rectangle shaped and a little thicker. She lays them flat and adds a thin layer of cream cheese then 2 or 3 pieces of asparagus that has been cooked. She likes the asparagus pretty flimsy. I prefer it a little more crunchy myself. So cook do your desired consistency. She then just rolls them up. I always made mine with the asparagus longer than the piece of ham would be so it sticks out just a little. They are very quick and easy and a nice lowcarb snack or side dish, especially during holiday cookout weekends like this. One thing i have always wanted to do but havent gotten around to it was cooking up some bacon and adding a piece with the asparagus and rolling it into the ham too. YUMMY!!! Now i may have to make some of these!

So we went to golden corral for breakfast yesterday. I didnt too bad. I stuck with one plate of food. I had some chorizo and eggs, some kind of mexican chicken with grilled onions and peppers, guacamole, pico and cheese on top, a small piece of steak, a piece of pork steak and a couple small pieces of bacon. There was this egg and sausage that looked yummy with cheese all over the top. I got a piece and there was bread cooked in it too so i picked around at that a little. Heres the bad part. Well, im not gonna call it a bad part because i have to say i enjoyed every single minute and bite of it. I had a very small slice, and i mean it was small, about half an inch wide, of pecan pie, with 2 huge strawberries and whipped cream. It was so good. I havent had anythign like that in so long i totally enjoyed it and didnt beat myself up and i didnt get any cravings! WOOHOO! THAT will not be happening often but i was up there with my 5 yr old trying to find a decent dessert for him and saw the pecan pie and the way they cut there was one little slice on the edge and i just couldnt resist. It was worth every bite! I didnt eat again until my brothers cookout thinking i was gonna pig out but low and behold he had tons of people there and not alot of food so i ended up eating 2 really small hamburger patties, he bought just regular ground beef and they shrunk to nothing...lol they were very good tho. Got home still kinda hungry and we all had kfc for dinner. I got some grilled chicken and had 2 legs and 1 thigh. Then i had a nice piece of coconut bark for a snack later while watching football. Not a bad day at all. Today and tomorrow we cook out here at home and we have pork steak, brats and chicken breasts for meat and ill be putting some zucchini, squash, red, green and yellow bell peppers and onion on the grill with butter. The boys will have some baked beans and i may have to go to store now and buy the stuff for the ham rollups...lol

Leo, good luck with your cat. Its so hard when our pets are not feeling well. I hate to think if we had to go thru anythign like that with our pit. It would be so hard. And you might be right about trying 2 days instead of 3 for you. With me being such a carnivore it wasnt hard at all for me to up my cals a little eating a little more meat or eating some nuts. My portion control with the nuts hasnt been bad at all. I was worried about that but im doing fine with it and that can really up the cals if you can do the nuts without going crazy...lol I dont really seem to be eating that much different than i was before except for adding nuts back into my woe on UD's and a little more meat once in a while but really im not eating that much more. I can eat a couple hundred cals in nuts easy...lol I add a few almonds to my cottage cheese in the morning and have a serving in the evening for a snack. I have them portioned into baggies so that also helps.

Jodi its so cool that you are almost to maintainance. Leo is right about just playing with things and seeing what works for you. I enjoyed my DD's so much that i didnt really want to up the cals so i have figured out to just eat to satisfaction on UD's and i have been able to maintain with no problem and still keep my wonderful DD's. I look forward to them. There may come a time that i change it up and maybe go to 2 DD's a week or something but for now im liking my routine the way it is. This week will be a little different with the holiday being in here but it will work.

Congrats to everyone that has lost this week!!!!!

and i am going to go try to lay back down for a few but i doubt i will be able to and will probably just go make my moms soup. I got talked into amking my soup for her...lol Oh, she is diong well by the way. She has lost almost 20lbs!

Have a great cookout day everyone!
Old 09-05-2010, 08:40 AM   #70
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Good morning everyone. Just a quick note to report in because I'm exhausted and didn't sleep well because of asthma last night. I think it's the chlorine in our swimming pool that may be one of my culprit triggers.

Yesterday was more of a MD than an UD. After all the discussion about wine, I just didn't feel like drinking last night so I stuck with my decaf iced tea and was perfectly satisfied. I have no idea how many calories I took in yesterday but I had a very small Rev Roll wrap for lunch and only a half of a small hamburger in a Rev Roll for dinner along with ugly green beans and 2 sweet potato fries. Snacking was limited to about a spoon of guacamole and some jicama and a small spoon of hummus. So think it was pretty low.

I will have another mid day instead of doing a full blown high day today and will have my down day tomorrow as planned. I am a habitual daily weigher. Sorry Captain, I'm givin' 'er all she's got! And can't worry about changing that behavior right now but someday I will! The scale was an unofficial 268.6lbs this morning. It's very addictive to get on the scale and see a loss each day. I have to constantly guard against that excitement because of my history where there were days and months of a 2lb-5lb seesaw with no joy or appreciable loss of inches or pounds.

The lower I get with each pound into the 260s the more excited I become because 260lbs has been my nemesis for so long. I've been to 258-260lbs about 3 times in the last 6 years and have not been able to push beyond it - eventually getting discouraged and abandoning ship when months went by and frustration set in. I'm hoping the stall won't happen this time. *gulp-saying fervent prayer*

For some reason being under 250lbs is a magical concept for me. In my weird "musician math" sorta way, being under 250lbs puts me "just a little over 200" than being over 250lbs which puts me at "almost 300". Very silly connotations and illogical at best, but yet it remains. I know if I can get under 250lbs then I can get under 230lbs and if I can get under 230lbs, then I can get back to 189lbs...see where it leads? These were my weight loss trails I took when I gained the weight 10 years ago.

I have battled PCOS without understanding it as a metabolic disease for close to about 20 years. It wasn't until I started Atkins and began researching it that I understood the damage I did to my body during that time by continuing with my SAD. In 2000, I got pneumonia and was on steroids for about a year and on inhaled steroid (high dose) for longer than than. I went from about 180lbs (the weight I was at when I met Denny) to 230lbs pretty quickly with a brief stop at 209lbs. Then the scale wandered up to 250. And up. And up. And up. Eventually to 314lbs (official weight).

I say that because I was on Atkins about 3 weeks before having the courage to even weigh in the first place. So I would say it was very likely I was closer to 317-320lbs as my highest weight ever. And as you know this last time (and final time) I was up to 309lbs again when I re-started and am now down to 268.6lbs today. Big sigh of relief.

OK, sorry for the long ramble! So here's another point to ask all of you all so that I am respectful of each of you. Would you prefer to limit the discussion of food (descriptions), especially upday foods because it is tough for people on their DD to read? Also, should I not put down my menu here? I don't want to make food control more of an issue for anyone because of a selfish need to post my menus. :blush:

I hope you all have a beautiful day today. It was so pleasant outside this morning that Denny and I had breakfast on our backporch. It was like eating out at a restaurant without having to put up with the noise and crowds!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13

Last edited by pooticus; 09-05-2010 at 08:43 AM..
Old 09-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

pooticus Most of know what each other eats for their DD's. I think posting DD menus are helpful so that we can get ideas from each other. A while back someone suggested we post our UD food. That was a big turn off to most of us. However, if someone has a special occasion and wants to share what they ate, I certainly don't mind. Also, someone might share what they ate that caused them to go off track. If it helps the poster gain better understanding of their eating, I don't mind. However, routinely posting UD menus is not my idea of a good read. Also, I don't think I care to have everyone know what I eat on UD's - that's just me, but we're all different!
Old 09-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

A few weeks back I tried eating 1400 calories every day to shake things up. I lost three pounds that week. I am going to do that again this week and see if I lose three pounds again. I remember being exceptionally hungry during that 1400 calorie a day week, so I'm going to try to concentrate on foods that are filling. I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing. I plan on going back to JUDDD after my 1400 calorie a day week is over. I'm in the mood to shake things up, and this should help with keeping diet boredom at bay.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hey, everyone! Happy holiday weekend to you.

I'm just stopping by to post my DD intake. I find this really helpful as far as making me feel accountable. In fact, I feel this strange relief wash over me once I've got my day posted--like "whew--I can't eat any more today because it's already in writing and on the internet!" The little games we play in our subconscious minds, huh? And Poot--what you were saying about your feelings about under 250 vs. over 250 are a perfect example of this! Our ideas and beliefs have BIG power over us!

As far as what people post about food--I think you should post whatever is helpful to you, whether Down or Up menu. We're adult women with (well, usually ) control over our actions. If we need to skip a post, we'll skip it!

Sunday (Sep. 5) menu:

B: 3 slices microwave bacon, 75; lite bread, toasted, w/ spray marg., 45
L: 2 ff Heb Nat franks, 80; toasted lite bread, 45
D: TJ's chicken sausage, 100; salad w/ spray dressing, 20; lite popcorn bag, 100

Total: 465

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 09-06-2010, 02:46 AM   #74
Senior LCF member

Sorry, but I tend to agree with Pooticus. For a long time on this thread we never posted FOOD descriptions or menus because many people who were on a DD posted that it really bothered them to read about food, yet they relied on the board for support and encouragement.

We have a recipe thread, and that was one reason it was kept separate. Perhaps we can change that to a 'recipe and menu' thread?

I don't mean to be snarky, but saying that you're posting your menu for 'yourself' seems to defeat the purpose of trying to be supportive of others. I know that when people begin, they often are interested in DD menus, so posting on another thread would be helpful to them and provide easier access than wading through all these posts.

It seems to me that there's a big difference between posting something like, "I find that I get very satisfied having broth on DDs" (which we've always done) and giving a complete menu or offering recipes.

There's also a daily menu thread on the ML for anyone who wants personal accountability.

This is just my opinion.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:03 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning

Redeemed...good luck with shaking it up. Do what you have to do to stay focused and continue on your journey!!!

It really does not bother me either way about posting my menu. So whatever the consinsus is.

Well I did have an UD yesterday. We had a party to go to and again had a IBS attack. Not as bad as last week. I think I am going to have to re-think this. The food I choose on this day are high in carbs. I have not binged at all just wind up not feeling well all night. I think I am going to have to re-think my choices on this date night!!
Old 09-06-2010, 04:50 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend.

Well, I just don't seem to have very good luck with MD's! When I plan for a MD it always ends up an UD. Guess the only way I can have a successful MD is to plan for a DD and have it go awry.

Today won't be a DD for sure and will try to keep it manageable calorie wise. Planning on T-TH-Sat DD's this week. I know I need to go more low carb than I am....need to completely cut out the sugar cause that just sets off my cravings. I can do fruit, but that's all. Believe me, you wouldn't want me posting my UD menus. I think it would tend to be very distracting for me if I was trying to have a good DD. Perhaps we could start a new thread of our own (JUDD wise) for daily menus for those who like to post.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
Old 09-06-2010, 05:03 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Leo i think you have a good idea about the recipe and menu thread. It might be helpful to those that have problems with what we eat on UD's. I admit i am bad about posting what i eat so i will tame that down. We are all adults but it can be an issue for some people and i dont want to do anything that might turn anyone away from reading this board or not doing the plan because or going off plan or something. This discussion has come on the main boards too so i can see where you are coming from.

I am trying not to be too obsessive about the scale but i am getting on it more than i should probably. My weekend of eating these cookout foods and the sodium and TOM has caused me to retain some major water and i was up to 143 this morning. Saturday morning i was 136.5...lol So im trying not to stress about it and just know its water and TOM and i have been more salt than usual with the seasonings from the meat on the grill. I will be sooo glad to have a DD tomorrow. Today is my usual DD and my body is so used to eating on this schedule i may not even be able to eat much today. If i can possibly get away with making this a MD im gonna try but we will see and im not gonna worry about it if it doesnt work out that way. I knwo what im doing tomorrow and that is in my head and makes me feel better.

Redeemed good luck with changing things up again. Make soem yummy soup that has meat in it instead of just veggies and that will up the cals some and make it mroe filling.

Jodi sorry to hear about your IBS attack. Im sure that wasnt fun being at a party and everything. Good luck with your date night. Just eat a nice steak and some veggies or a nice big salad. Let us know how things go.

Pooticus congrats on the loss! And your breakfast with hubby outside sounds like it was wonderful!

Happy Labor Day everyone!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:23 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Sherrie...I have not done a MD yet but ask about it the other day. I am not sure i can do it. I do so much better when I eat shakes and some veggies/lowcarb cereal (sensato) on my DD. I think I would over eat also.

Shelly...I know what you mean about the scale. Now I was expecting an increase today due to my UD yesterday. I hate seeing it but today is a down day and so far this plan has worked so I am expecting to see a decrease tomarrow. My IBS attack now happen twice on date night. I think my belly is not use to carbs and as soon as I eat them I get bloated and uncomfortable with stomach pains. I hope I learned my lesson and next date night (sat) I choose better. I was happy that I got to eat a bit of dessert but no sure it was worth it???? I find these up days such a challenge on date night!! My head wants to do something I do not think my stomach can tolerate!!

Pooticus 259!!!! here you come!!!

Well I have been jogging and asked a friend to come with me today because I needed to be pushed a bit. I jogged 4miles this morning This is the farthest I ever went. What I proved is I can do it! I need to push myself more!

Last edited by JKat; 09-06-2010 at 05:35 AM..
Old 09-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

I thought this segment on House Call would be of interest. Dr. Rosenfeld addresses weight loss. He mentions how drinking two glasses of water before each meal can benefit older women who want to lose weight.

New Warning for Popular Weight Loss Drug - Video - FoxNews.com

ETA: correction: the video addresses older persons, not specifically older women.

Last edited by Redeemed; 09-06-2010 at 05:58 AM..
Old 09-06-2010, 06:31 AM   #80
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-
It was months and months before I could do a successful MD! They all slid into UDs for me. So I tried to develop a 'strategy'--and I think it has to fit one's particular eating pattern. Trying to think of the MD as a third type of JUDDD day was my problem, I think. So I treat it as a DD--with an 'add on.'

That is, whenever I have a MD, I eat exactly as I do on a DD, and (in advance), I think of where I'll add the other calories. For example, I did a MD yesterday (Sunday), and I knew I'd have a meal out with my sister and niece early afternoon (I was visiting them). I gave myself 500 cal for that meal because I knew I could order carefully (familiar with the restaurant). I added another 100 cal (egg white omelet) for when I returned home in the evening. Then I ate my usual 400 cal DD stuff. I finished the day at just about 1000 cal, which was my goal.

Normally, if I'm having a Sunday MD at home, I'll add the calories with either a big breakfast (love breakfast) or at about 4 pm when on a DD I usually eat the least. I didn't add in the mornings until I really felt in control of the MD because it would be too easy to go over during the rest of the day. When I first 'practiced' this strategy, my 'add on' was always at 4 pm or later.

I'm sharing my strategies, not for you to adopt, but as an example of how I got the MD to work for me. In my mind, it's always a DD with an 'addition' somewhere.

Jodie-
You mention the carbs setting off your IBS. Are you gluten intolerant perhaps? I ask because I don't think it would be carbs in general but some specific food type that's the trigger. I don't have IBS, but gluten will set off a similar process in me! Dairy can be a culprit, too.

Shelly-
TOM is the pits! I regularly gained 5-7 lbs, and I thought it was because the day before 'it' arrived, I was always ravenous and ate everything not nailed down. But a few times I tried not giving in the the hunger, and the scale still showed a big gain. My body (and probably yours) just retained the water regardless of what I ate--or didn't eat. Happily, the water weight eventually goes away. If I were you, I'd just ignore the scale for the few days around TOM. For me, it was just too depressing. The total absence of TOM is one of the great blessings of being post-menopausal

Last edited by Leo41; 09-06-2010 at 06:35 AM..
Old 09-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Had a good DD yesterday. Tried the noodles in a stir fry. Very nice. I rinsed them and let them set in water for a few minutes and they were fine. I think they will become a regular for me.

I have a class this weekend. That means eating out Friday and Saturday. I am a little scared of all the sodium. I swell from sitting through all those hours of lecture anyway. We do 4 hours on Friday night and 9 hours on Saturday and then the long drive home. Too much sitting.

I hate the thought of having to relose 4-5 pounds from one stressful fast food weekend.

Pooticus- 227 has been my set point for the last 4-5 years and 213 my low before that. Just could not break past that point so 227 is the the place that will tell the tale for me. If I can get below those points I will be on my way.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Leo good thought but I have been tested for gluten and I am negative. I am not sure what it is. However at the time my GI said I can have intolerance but may not come up positive on the test. So maybe thats it. I am going to have to try and monitor my choices a bit better on date night. I am not having any problems any other time of the week.

Sally....Keep telling yourself its water. Just water and it will go away. That is a long time to sit in a classroom. When you get a break stand and do calf raises. Go onto tip toes and squeeze calf muscles. This will help move that fluid back up. Its good that you are preparing for it.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:22 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
I don't want to get too excited but I've lost 2lbs. Gasp of surprise! Today is a DD and I hope I can stick with it. Strategy wise I'm not going to eat until really hungry which is about 11am. Having the cream in my coffee is pushing me over a bit on the DD and I may have to eliminate that. Wah! I learn a lot reading what you are eating on your DD's so keep them coming please! I'm learning a lot about my eating patterns and the emotional "eat it when you aren't truly hungry" thing surely does hang on doesn't it? If you average the calories you have eaten in the last seven days there is your true baseline, and I doubt that many of us are averaging too many calories. Interesting isn't it? That's why this works. On Atkins they push women to eat at least 1500 cals a day. I don't lose because I am older and less active than a younger person. I walk and use my Pilates but the rest of the time I don't do much. I absolutely can lose weight if my calories are lower but the experts don't want you to go under 1200 calories a day. So just maybe this WOE will work. Carb/calorie cycling has been around a long time and this is just another interpretation.

Stay tuned...I'm optimistic!
Old 09-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

SUZE Congratulations on two pounds lost!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations Suze!!! I do agree that this carb and calorie cycling thing does really work. It averages out in the end to be about what we should be eating to lose or maintain but we dont have to worry about keeping it just one number every single day. That has really helped me alot. It gets kinda boring just staying at one number and you get to where you eat the same things all the time because you know what the carb/calorie count is. That is what i would end up doing anyway. This lets me have a little more freedom in my choices and even the choices on DD's. Its been really fun and exciting coming up new things to eat on DD's that are lowcal but still keep me feeling a little satisfied. I gave up my cream on DD's too. I tried to keep it in but it just took up way to many calories. I tried using almond milk or coconut milk but i really couldnt taste it so there wasnt any point in using those calories either. I have learned to like the coffee black on DD's. I have always drank it black at work anyway because the only cream they have is the high sugar powdered stuff. I keep davincis at home and some at work to flavor the coffee so its not as bad. And it makes me enjoy having that hwc in my coffee on UD's...lol

Sally, i have a job where i sit literally all day long everyday and once in a while i will get up and do lunges or squats or just while sitting in my chair do ab contractions and butt contractions. It helps wake me a little and i feel like im doing a little somethign productive. I know you will be in a class so you may not be able to get up but you can definitely try some ab contractions and butt contractions. You would be surprised how sore my butt will get!

Maybe what we should do is just limit our menus here to DD stuff. If its something we tried that we think will help others that are new or not so new and just not talk so much about the UD menus unless we need advise on something or need to vent. Even when we vent about having a crappy UD we dont really ahve to say what we ate. I need to take these things to heart myself and start doing that. So thats what ill do. Im not gonna post anything about my UD's unless its just asking a question on something specifci but i come up with something great i have made for a DD ill share with everyone.

Leo, im trying your egg beaters omelets this week for my DD dinners. I thought i would try putting a can of baby shrimp or crab in the middle with a few veggies.

I also forgot to tell you ladies that i have found a wonderful 0 cal dressing. Its made my maple grove farms, its balsamic vinegrette (sp) and its really really good. Way better than the walden farms. 0 cals and 2 carbs i think for 2T. You might check your local grocery store and see if they have it and try it.

Ok, off to start cooking i think. We bought too much meat and get it cooked up.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #86
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Hi everyone! Reporting in today.

Yesterday ended up being more of an UD than a MD like I'd intended. Oh well, moving on. Today is a DD and so far so good. I'm about to plug in my totals for my intended dinner and see if I have anything leftover to have for the lunch. I'm just now starting to feel a mild "peckishness".

Leo, thanks for your recs on the MD, it makes a lot of sense and I will try to go for that next Sunday to be sure!

Suze awesome job on the 2lbs girl. That is so exciting, I know!

Sally I will say prayers for you that you will break through to the other side. I know WE can do this. With God all things are possible! I am praying for your friend btw!

Shelly sorry to hear about the water weight but I know you will be able to lose that after this weekend!!! Good ideas about the exercises in the chair. I too end up sitting way more than I should during the day!!! I will start trying them. Thanks for the info on the Maple Grove Farms dressing. I'm gonna go take a look at them and see the ingredients! I'm a weirdo but I do try to stay away from stuff like carageenan etc. as much as I can and so many of the dressings have that kinda stuff in it.

Weight was 269.0 this morning so a little bit of a gain but that's pretty normal fluctuation (actually less than usual) for me so I'm not worried. I know that right now I'm still struggling with occassional irregularity. LOL! Since my antibiotic stent recently...so that plays into it too. :blush:

Ok, well hugs to all and have a great Labor Day! I will post my DD menu tomorrow once I'm sure that I was able to live up to my plans! If you want to post menus on the recipe thread I'm fine with that. Again, I want to go with the flow and be supportive to everyone! So just let me know!
Old 09-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Hi-think this is ok to discuss, as no carb stuff-the shiritake noodles. I rinse them well, then put in plain water and boil 1-2 minutes, drain, takes some of that seaweed taste away, so they are really tasteless. Have used them on DDs for fake potato salad, with hard boiled eggs, and added to tuna dishes, and spaghetti/pizza flavored stuff with tomato sauce and either oregano or basil.
FWIW-I saw the Dr. J video, and he really was ambushed. As a nurse, I think in his book perhaps he was sounding anti-lowcarb so as not to tick off the medical establishment, they can really ostracize those that aren't mainstream. Example,what many did to my hero Dr. Atkins.
Enough of that, have a good idea that's been working for my DDs, where should I post it?
Old 09-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my goodness!

I had NO idea posting menus wasn't allowed here, and I feel really embarrassed.

Specific DD menus are something that I'm really interested in--how they affect your hunger, how you divvy up the calories, how you lose on various foods, etc.

Those of you who are going to post your menus somewhere, will you PM me and let me know where? I really want to read them.

(I don't want to use the ML thread, since my menus are not always Atkins-friendly.)

Again, my apologies, and continued best wishes to everyone on this thread for your losses!
Old 09-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
I did stumble around and find the JUDDD recipe place, but don't know how to tell anyone else to find it, (what is less-than-computer 101?) I posted the dd chicken stew on there, hope it gets me through next week, good luck to all of us.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

I saw it. Thanks for bumping it.

I'll be posting there from now on, so I can include my menus and see what other folks are eating. Thanks, nitenurse!
Closed Thread