Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 09:38 AM   #301
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Sally-
Congratulations on the loss! Even when I was your weight, I never had big losses like that, so you must be doing something very right

Pat-
Don't beat yourself up over a slip like that. Keep in mind that they will occur from time to time, and the key is to get right back to plan AND learn from the experience--as you have. When I'm away from home for any unspecific or long time, I always try to have some nuts along to be sure I can get something to eat if necessary. Often they come home intact, but I like the security of having them.

And, as Sally mentioned and I can attest from experience, often the good thing about those 'slips' is that the stuff we fantasize about doesn't taste as good as we remember--and those temptations become lessened as a result.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2010, 05:10 AM   #302
Senior LCF member

Weekly Weigh In

Up a pound this week, which is not surprising in light of my 'binge' on Tuesday. However, I am still 'maintaining' well for my supposed goal of 165--staying between 160 and 162 this month. But I changed my stats this morning to reflect what I really am aiming for--155.

This could be a mistake, as I felt fine at 165 and shouldn't get hung up on numbers. So I may go back to the higher number as a 'goal,' but, for now, I think 155 is a more 'honest' goal--i.e., the weight I really am aiming for.

The reason this could be a mistake is that when I finally got below 200, I made 175 my goal weight. But I went right past that, and then claimed 165 as goal. My endo saw me at 165 and agreed that I should stop losing and maintain there. So my desire to get to 155 may be misguided. I have a great deal of loose skin, so the scale number is deceptively high for how I look and feel. And if I get to 155, would I then want to go down to 145?

Logically, I should just stay in the 160s for a few months before trying to go any lower, and yet I don't seem to want to do this. My eating this month has been really screwed up (inexplicably), and I've gotten off track with my regular exercise routine as well. So my immediate goal is to get back to my primal/JUDDD mode completely. Once I'm comfortable with my eating/exercise routine, I will see about getting down to 155.

Sorry if this is TMI for all of you, but I'm trying to work out what's going on with me right now.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:39 AM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Good morning JUDDDers!!! Again, me being awol all week! I feel so bad about that because i will read everything but im not able to respond or reply to each and every person. I hope you dont forget about me. I am still here and still doing JUDDD and still read every evening. I love hearing the ups and downs and what everyone is going thru. It helps me alot. I love reading the good adn the bad. Those are the things that help and keep us on track.

Leo, you did great getting right back to plan after your binge. Those things happen and we have to pick up and move on. I have been through the exact same thing with maintanence that you are going thru. Not knowing when to stop. I started with my goal being 175, then 150 and i felt good at 150 and stayed there for about a year, then wanted to go lower and went too low. I got to 135 and did not look well at all. Its amazing how just a couple lbs can make a huge difference in how you look and feel. I feel perfect at 137...lol Between 137 and 140 and im good and feel healthy. You may just have to get there and then see how you look and feel and decide if thats too low or not.

Jiggles, im glad you doing well with JUDDD. I also sip on an EAS shake in the morning. I like the vanilla with some cinnamon and instant coffee. I love the dark chocolate with some instant coffee also.

Glad to see the losses that some of you are having.

I havent had a very good week. Benn having a huge family issue. Yesterday was supposed to be a DD for me and it started out that way but didnt end up being that way. There has been something come up after 30yrs and its being pretty devestating. I had to tell my mom yesterday morning and she flipped. Her husband started sending me not very nice text messages at work adn i ended up getting so upset i had to leave. We went to the fair in the afternoon to get my mind off of things and i did better than i thought i would. I only had a pork sandwich and just ate the pork. Didnt have a funnel cake, a cinnamon roll, an indian taco, deep fried anything, corndog!!! Just the pork. I was proud of myself. But then had hot wings for dinner! So i messed that up but im not gonna worry about it right now. Things are too crazy. Until we go to court Monday and this is all behind us again im not gonna worry about it. Im still eating good adn not eating carbs of course but im gonna worry about DD's or UD's or anything until next week.

I will be posting more later. Gotta get breakfast started. Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:39 AM   #304
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Leo I think let that internal voice be your guide. I don't see anything wrong with 155 or 145. How tall are you again? I think as we age, weighing less (and being well toned underneath the skin) helps us. I saw first hand how hard it was for my mom (even before the cancer), with a debilitating disease (Parkinson's and Dystonia) to function even with 30-40 extra pounds. I saw her friends who were in the 1teens and 120s who were much more spry and mobile, even in a similar condition with walkers.

I'm not infering that you are "at that age". You are my sister's age I think, and that's young, not anywhere near our mom's age, but her life impacted me and that's what has spurred me to get serious now about losing this weight. I don't want to be disabled before I'm 50! Congrats on the new goal!

Sally - wtg hon on the loss!!!!

Pat - right there with you hon!!! It's all about the journey. You are doing terrific!

Jiggles - wtg on the losses!!!

So my weekly weigh-in this week is 260.4lbs. 11.4lbs so far this month. I'm pretty thrilled to say the least. I know this sounds quick but I do think I had a few pounds of fluid in there and don't think it's all fat loss. DDs are pretty easy at this point.

Well hugs all around. Today my family is in from out of town and it's an all weekend pootipalooza (so they call it). I pray I survive without a gain. *gulp* Everything is low carb (bless their hearts - even the desert). But there will be wine and beer and pools and hearts so anything could happen! I'm still claiming the 260.4lbs even though it may be a fleeting number!

Shelly We were posting at the same time! Great advice btw. I'm so sorry you are going through this and will keep you and your family in my prayers. You are doing great with your eating!!! OMG, to say that your only transgression was eating beyond the DD numbers yesterday is AWESOME! You kept it lc and did amazing hon! Make sure you take care of yourself this week and I will be praying!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13

Last edited by pooticus; 09-25-2010 at 05:43 AM..
Old 09-25-2010, 06:33 AM   #305
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Pooticus, congrats on the loss! You're doing great!

Shelly, sending good thoughts for you and your family. Sounds like you still did pretty well yesterday even with the wings.

Leo, it's not TMI. I think it's something we all think about. You sound like a very reasonable person so I think you'll be able to recognize if you look/feel too thin if you lose a little more weight.

Today's my MD which I'm expecting to be the toughest especially since we didn't go out for our usual Friday night dinner last night and will probably go out tonight. I'm going to try hard to not overdo it today.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:59 AM   #306
Senior LCF member

Shelly-
I think you're wise to forget about DDs and UDs until your life settles down. Just eating low carb should be fine.

Pooticus-
Wow--that's a great loss for a month My own losses were always about 4 lbs for a month, so I'm insanely jealous

jiggles-
You should be able to manage eating out on a MD. I've done that several times myself, and it worked well. Enjoy!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:07 AM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Leo, out of curiosity, what size do you wear? I have put 145 as my goal, but honestly think that if I got to 155 I would be ecstatic and leave it there. I was wearing size 14 when I got down to l73, and I imagine that at 155 I would be a size l2 (It's been forty years since I've been a size 12. Having three nine pound babies in three years put me out of the running for Mrs. America). I so much admire your dedication and willpower. I have no doubt that you will reach whatever goal you set for yourself.

Shelly . I'm sorry you're going through such a stressful time. I think you did very well with your DD.

Jiggles, isn't this WOE the best. You're doing so well.

Poot, the 250's are breathing down your neck. I hope the Pootapalooza weekend goes well. It sure sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

Tonight DH and I are going to see The American with George Clooney. I George.

Pat
Old 09-25-2010, 09:15 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: loves2sing
Stats: 180.5/148.4/145
Start Date: Restart JUDDD 11/24/11 at 152.8
Congrats on your loss, Pooticus!

Leo, please keep sharing your thoughts as you work your way through this issue. It's helpful to me, to see how you're thinking it through.

Jiggles, I'm curious to see how your MD goes. Did you set a calorie goal for an MD? Right now I am thinking I will just alternate UDs and DDs, because the thought of an MD is kinda scary...

Shelly, having to go to court can be very unsettling. I encourage you to take good care of yourself - bubble bath, walk in the woods, massage, time with friends, whatever is most nurturing to you.

I'm down another 2 pounds this morning, after my 3rd Down Day. Total loss of 3.5 pounds after 5 days on JUDDD.

I know this rate of loss won't last forever, but I'm just delighted to see it.

My body has been very resistant to letting go of weight for the last nine months, since I started trying to lose. I wondered if I might not ever be able to slim down... So this is encouraging.

My weight today is the lowest it's been in 2010.

And, the amazing thing is that the Down Days have been easy, and I've been very relaxed about how much I eat on Up Days.

I'm going to start a collection of recipes for my Down Day dinners. I want to eat healthy food and have a good variety of menu plans... I ordered a book of 300-calorie recipes from amazon.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #309
Senior LCF member

Pat-
I'm only about 5'4" (I get varied measurements from different doctors' visits!), and my hips/thighs have always been a problem. But right now, my size 14 pants are too big. I just bought a pair in size 12 that are just a 'trifle' snug. Oddly, it's in the waist--never usually a problem for me, but I have a bunch of loose skin on my abdomen now. It doesn't bother me because I know that the 'bad fat' is internal, and that's pretty much gone. In tops, I'm an 8-10. So at this weight I can look fairly 'normal' in my clothes, which is another reason everyone is telling me to stop losing. I have never worn a size 12 pant in my entire life!!

Cynthia-
Congratulations on the loss! It's always so good to see the scale move down when we've been stalled. Most of us came to JUDDD because of stalling on other plans.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

?? *** MEDIUM Days *** ??

Those of you who have MDs, what do you do? How does it work?

Those of you who don't have MDs, why did you decide not to?

Thanks,
Cynthia
Old 09-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Leo, We're the same height, on getting into the size 12 pants. I sure am looking forward to being able to do the same.

Cynthia, congratulations on your great loss. Isn't it great motivation! You're right about the medium days. I've only had one so far--last Sunday--but tomorrow I have my second one. I try for 1100 calories, but I honestly find it easier to figure out my 500 calories for down days. Maybe I should just eat six down day meals and finish off with 2 squares of Lindt. I really like having Mon Wed Fri down days. It makes planning so much easier. I just avoid anything social on those days and having weekends to eat like normal people do.

Pat
Old 09-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #312

Cynthia, I'm not counting anything yet on my UD or MD. I will probably have to in the future but for now I'm just going to see how it goes with being mindful of my eating on those days. So far I've just been eating like I normally do on my UD without really thinking about calories. For my MD today I was planning on just staying away from anything too high calorie. I don't think we're going out for dinner after all tonight but if we had my plan was to choose something lower in calories than I normally would. I was running around town earlier so I stopped at Subway to bring home lunch. I had a 6" Subway Club and I always take off the top part of the bun.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Weekly Weigh In

Up a pound this week, which is not surprising in light of my 'binge' on Tuesday. However, I am still 'maintaining' well for my supposed goal of 165--staying between 160 and 162 this month. But I changed my stats this morning to reflect what I really am aiming for--155.

This could be a mistake, as I felt fine at 165 and shouldn't get hung up on numbers. So I may go back to the higher number as a 'goal,' but, for now, I think 155 is a more 'honest' goal--i.e., the weight I really am aiming for.

The reason this could be a mistake is that when I finally got below 200, I made 175 my goal weight. But I went right past that, and then claimed 165 as goal. My endo saw me at 165 and agreed that I should stop losing and maintain there. So my desire to get to 155 may be misguided. I have a great deal of loose skin, so the scale number is deceptively high for how I look and feel. And if I get to 155, would I then want to go down to 145?

Logically, I should just stay in the 160s for a few months before trying to go any lower, and yet I don't seem to want to do this. My eating this month has been really screwed up (inexplicably), and I've gotten off track with my regular exercise routine as well. So my immediate goal is to get back to my primal/JUDDD mode completely. Once I'm comfortable with my eating/exercise routine, I will see about getting down to 155.

Sorry if this is TMI for all of you, but I'm trying to work out what's going on with me right now.
Hey Leo we are here for you!!! I think your plan sounds right. Get a good week under your belt where your not meeting your sister or sending off anyone to college. You will feel better and be in a better state of mind. I have also stuggled with this need to keep losing. Its what we know and have stuggled for so long that to maintain and figure it out is frustrating at times. Hubby have listen to him on this after many years of wanting to be where I was in high school. That scale #!!!! Once your back on track sit down and really ask yourself if the 5pounds will make you feel more comfortable or will it feel like a chain around your neck! It may be that you just need to try and see.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:02 PM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Hang in there Shelly!

WTG on your loss Cin! I do not do a MD because I just don not think I can handle it.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #315
Senior LCF member

Thanks, Jodi. That's pretty much my plan. The next two weeks are fairly "quiet" for me, and I plan to use that time to get control of my JUDDD-ing. After my eating is under control (i.e., my regular schedule of DDs/UDs proceeds as usual), I can decide what I want to do 'down the road.'

As I've posted before, it took me quite a while to get the knack of MDs. At first, I treated the MD as a third type if eating situation, and that was a mistake because they just morphed into UDs. I finally got them under control by treating them as a DD--with an addition. I have a regular 'schedule' for DDs with specific types of food, so on a MD, I follow my DD plan. However, I don't have an evening meal on DDs 9 (usually complete my eating by 4 pm), so I just added an additional 'meal' at about 6 pm to make it a MD.

I do this to keep my DDs at M, W, F.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:31 AM   #316

Well, I could've done a little better on my MD yesterday but it could've been worse too. We ended up going out for dinner after all last night. Went to a mexican restaurant. I skipped having a margarita (which was hard because they're really good there!) and only had a few of the homemade chips & salsa. Had a chicken fajita salad (skipped the fried bowl) and scraped off guac. and sour cream. So, I didn't think it was too bad until I had some ice cream later in the evening. Oh, well, I'm getting back on track today.

It's a DD today. I don't really know what I'm going to have but there's shrimp in the fridge and I bought some light soups yesterday. (I should make my own but it's easier to just buy them right now) I still haven't told my SO about my new plan but I will probably have to today when he notices that I'm not eating much (and not cooking for him - LOL). Last Sunday wasn't too hard because I was home by myself but he's here today so it might be a little tougher to stay on plan.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
I'm not gone, just been busy with DH at home which will be until next Fri. I have maintained between 166-167 and if I can continue then I can get back on plan and make even more progress.

Question for you: On my UP's would 1400 cals be OK, of course 500 DD's, and 1200 on the MD? That would be an average of 985/day for a week. I am wondering if any of you are keeping track.

Thanks so much and see you next Friday!
Old 09-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #318
Senior LCF member

Suze-
Throughout my time with JUDDD, I planned my UDs at 1400 cal, but that's because I already knew that I had to average about 1000 cal a day or less in order to lose. Even at that low level, I only lost about a pound a week.

So determine your UD calories by how many you think you need in order to lose. If you're not losing, then you can think about lowering calories, but please don't go too low in order to try to lose 'faster.' I would have loved to have lost more than a pound a week, but I knew that any calorie level would have to be something I could sustain long term--even in maintenance people our age can't add too many calories without gaining.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #319
Senior LCF member

Suze-
Throughout my time with JUDDD, I planned my UDs at 1400 cal, but that's because I already knew that I had to average about 1000 cal a day or less in order to lose. Even at that low level, I only lost about a pound a week.

So determine your UD calories by how many you think you need in order to lose. If you're not losing, then you can think about lowering calories, but please don't go too low in order to try to lose 'faster.' I would have loved to have lost more than a pound a week, but I knew that any calorie level would have to be something I could sustain long term--even in maintenance people our age can't add too many calories without gaining.

jiggles-
I think you probably did fine at the restaurant. I don't particularly like Mexican food, but all my friends are crazy about it, so I find myself eating Mexican more than I would care to. One local place has a fajita salad, and that's what I always have, but another place doesn't have the salad, and I just order fajita without the tortillas. But I try only to go on an UD because I love to be able to eat the guacamole!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PalmTreeGal
Stats: 181/123/115 @ 5'2
WOE: LC eclectic
Thinking of joining you guys . . .

My story:

I lost from 181 to 145 on an Atkins/PP style LC diet. Then I lost to 135 on Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss. When I tried to do a second round of that diet, my weight didn't change and I was going crazy with the hardcore restriction. I just need to get this last 15 pounds off!

Currently I am maintaining LC at 135 pounds, and it is not hard at all. I don't count anything, I eat foods I like, I'm not hungry. I make an attempt to get enough protein and am always struggling to eat more veggies. Basically this is my lifetime maintenance plan and hopefully I can maintain my goal weight with it.

I'm ordering the book tonight and hope to get started soon!

My 2010 Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...0-journey.html
Old 09-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Leo: Good advice! I may be on track more than I thought. How many carbs did you allow yourself on your UD's?
Old 09-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Okay, tonight is the end of my 1st week on JUDDD.

I like this way of eating very much. The DD have been mostly easy, the UD have been relaxed, and I've had minimal pain in my hands (arthritis)... I really like having an UD every other day like this. It feels like my eating is under control and also that I am not being deprived. Both of those are important to me in the long-term.

My official weigh-in will be tomorrow morning. As long as my weight is lower than it was a week ago, I will continue JUDDDing.

Goodnight to all.
Cynthia
Old 09-27-2010, 03:46 AM   #323
Senior LCF member

Mandy-
Welcome! But do you really 'need' JUDDD? You mention that you're eating low carb and 'not counting' anything--and that may be why you're maintaining rather than losing. When you maintain, you have no calorie deficit, and it doesn't matter whether or not you're eating low carb. You can't lose without a calorie deficit.

So if you figure out the number of calories you're currently eating, and then reduce that by 500cal a day, you should lose about a pound a week.

You're certainly welcome to join us, but it seems to me that this is a radical shift for someone who is not counting at all. For example, I came to JUDDD from generic low carb only because my age and medical situation dictated a very low calorie plan that was almost impossible to maintain on a daily basis.

The reason I mention all this is because, like you, I'm close to maintenance now, and anything you do should be the way you plan to maintain. That is, if you do anything 'extreme' to get off the final pounds, those pounds will return instantly when you change back to your maintenance plan. When you get to goal, you really can only add about 300 cal to what you're eating if you expect to maintain at that level, so it's best to find a way to lose that is consistent with how you plan to maintain.

Suze-
I generally try to eat no more than 10g of carbs per meal and no more than 30g on any given day. Most often my UDs are closer to 20g total carbs. I get almost all my carbs from veggies, since I eat no grains, dairy, or sweeteners of any kind. I try to limit nuts or almond butter to weekends. This may seem extreme, but eating this way is how I feel best.

Cynthia-
Good luck with your weigh in! I'm so impressed that you find DDs easy. When I first did them, I felt as though it was a monumental feat to get through a day on <500 cal, and I still have days when it feels overwhelming
Old 09-27-2010, 05:03 AM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Leo, your calm, logical way of figuring things out is a constant source of wonder to basically illogical me. I have really struggled with my two MD, and it just didn't occur to me to treat it like a down day with benefits. I was trying to figure out an approximately 1100 calorie menu and that tactic was a dismal failure.

Armed with this new way of thinking, I am looking forward to next Sunday (my MD).

Pat
Old 09-27-2010, 06:25 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Leo: Thanks for your comment! It actually enables me to maintain during this week since DH is home.

Pat: I agree with you, Leo is so calm about the process. Great role model!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:39 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Results of week 1: My weight is down 4 pounds.

I did this by having 4 DD below 500 calories and being relaxed about how much I ate on the UDs.

Actually, I probably over-ate on the UDs because I'm not used to the idea that I can eat when I want... I think this will settle down over time.

I stayed away from sugar, white flour, artificial sweeteners, and unhealthy fats, other than hidden ingredients when I ate at restaurants, which I did twice during the week. I've had minimal arthritis pain in my hands, and many times of being pain-free, and I'm very grateful for that.

My weight is now the lowest it's been in 2010. Hurray!

Wishing everyone a happy JUDDD day today,
Cynthia
Old 09-27-2010, 06:43 AM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Back from the beach!!

Hi all.....back from vacation!! We had a great week at the Jersey shore...80's and full sun every single day!! It was glorious. It was also just what the doctor ordered as I was having some problems with anxiety attacks before I left and had no symptoms whatsoever while gone. Of course, what's to stress over when all you're doing is laying on the beach or by the pool and relaxing (throw in some shopping, reading, playing games and lots of laughter with a good friend).

Someone asked before I left what my JUDD plan was for vacation and I answered....To enjoy my vacation. I really ate whatever I wanted within reason this week including dessert every night, pasta, bread, etc. However, I didn't go overboard and chose to snack on fruit and popcorn instead of potato chips and dip. If I did have bread with a meal it was one piece and on occasion when I had ordered dessert I had one or two bites and decided it wasn't worth the calories to finish the rest. In other words, I enjoyed everything I really wanted but was discriminating in making those choices. If I was going to eat something high in calories, it was going to be something I really loved and enjoyed (baklava for example) and I did so with no guilt whatsoever! This is a first for me on vacation. I also ate only when hungry and did not stuff myself once. Brought home lots of leftovers from dinner out and had them for lunch the following day.

So, you ask....how did that all work for you? The scale showed 259.5lb this morning....a gain of 4lb from the morning of 9/19 when I left. I am just amazed!! (thought with all the sodium and carbs it might be much higher) I know I have some water weight cause my feet are swollen, but very secure in the knowledge that the extra gain will come off easily with a couple of good DD's.

I'm coming back very motivated and knowing I will show a loss for the month of September, which is very important to me. Those losses (although miniscule at times) have been slowly adding up and I feel more and more positive that I can do this.

Glad to be back with you all and although I haven't had a chance to catch up on the posts, see some new faces....welcome to JUDD! What I love about this plan is that you can tweak it to your individual needs and make it work for you.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
Old 09-27-2010, 07:16 AM   #328
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Good morning everyone!

Congratulations on everyone's losses!

Sherrie welcome home and missed you. So glad to hear you had a great time and that you were able to relax! No worries on the 4lbs - as you said, it will be gone in no time!

My birthday weekend was marvelous and I overindulged in everything. I am up 5lbs today but like Sherrie, I'm back in the saddle and know that much of this is fluid. My fingers are little sausages! Today is a DD and like Leo and other's have said, I'm actually looking forward to it!!!

Hugs all around. Wish I could post to each of you but must fly and get working. Have an awesome day!!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:35 AM   #329
Senior LCF member

Pat-
I'm happy to share my experience, but don't fret about yourself. It took me months and months to figure out how to do a successful MD!

And my being 'calm'? It's only on the surface. Inside, hysteria reigns because I know that the 300+ person who began this journey lurks inside, and my body really wants to be that person. Constant vigilance is my motto.

My fears stem from an experience a couple of years ago just before I started JUDDD. I'm hypothyroid, and my endo checks me every 4 months, so I never thought my thyroid would be a problem--I was adequately medicated.

Then one day, I began to experience overwhelming fatigue, more than any normal 'tiredness,' and I found myself taking long naps every afternoon. I was low carbing at the time and very slowly losing. Suddenly, I gained 10 lbs in 2 weeks, even though I was eating exactly the same as I had while losing!
I was frantic, and didn't know what to do. Fortunately, one of my check ups was scheduled just then, and the lab report showed my T3 (the thyroid hormone that regulates metabolism) was so low that it was below the lab range completely. What had happened is a little complicated to explain, but my endo says it's a typical development of my auto-immune thyroid condition (Hashimoto's). When he added T3 supplements, the exhaustion disappeared within 24 hours--but those 10 lbs had to be lost the same as any other weight

I haven't had any problems at all with the thyroid since then, but it's always in the back of my mind that something like that might happen. The fact that I've had no problems at all since I've been on JUDDD shows, I think, how well this plan works. Those DDs don't affect my metabolism because, as Dr. J mentions, it takes 48 hrs for the body to react to those low calories, and by that time, I'm eating just fine! Dr. J warns about consecutive DDs, but personally I've never been tempted. I'd be chewing off my arm if I tried to do 2 DDs in a row!

Cynthia-
Congratulations on the loss! And the minimal pain. You're doing just great.

Sherrie-
Welcome back! You seem to have picked the best final week of the season, since there's supposed to be rain, etc. this week, and the TV weathermen are predicting that the 80s are gone for good in our area.

And 4 lbs is NOTHING! I've gained that much from ONE restaurant meal with the sodium and additives in the food. As you say, a couple of DDs, and you'll be right back to your 'fighting weight.' In fact, when you get rid of the water, you might find that you actually lost while you were away--i.e., you'll be down more than 4 lbs in a few days.

I'm really glad you chose to enjoy yourself, and what you mention has become my motto too when it comes to the occasional "indulgence." It has to be really good to be worth the extra calories! And if it's that good, I also know that thanks to JUDDD, my indulgence won't be fatal.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:49 AM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Good Morning Judders!

Long time, no see! I fell off the wagon, HARD. I have alot of stuff going on in my life right now, and I let it get the best of me. I can't do this anymore, I need to take care of myself. I have been feeling like crap lately, and I know it has alot to do with how I am eating. SO, I am back and 10 lbs heavier. I am really embarrassed about the fact that I gained 10 lbs back, but if I don't stop it now it could turn into 20lbs!

JUDDD works for me, when I work it. So, I am doing a down day today after a VERY up weekend! I am hungry now, but it won't kill me

It's great to see all the familiar people here. I have alot of reading to do, to catch up on all the September posts!

Have a great day!

Michelle

Hypothyroid

Mini-goals:
120 115 110
Closed Thread