Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Leo, Jiggles and Cynthia, thanks for your kind words. I really am looking forward to week 2 of Juddding.

Pat

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
Well, I'm halfway through my 2nd DD and it's going okay except I'm feeling a mild headache coming on again.That happened on my 1st day. I'll get through this day and see how my DD goes on Thursday but if I continue to get a headache I may have to tweak things a bit. I'll see how it goes.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
jiggles-

You may need to eat a few calories at noon. A couple ounces of chicken breast, small salad, or some tuna may keep that headach away. Some soup may help.

I prefer to eat one large meal in the evening, but eat a cup or two of homade broth during the day. If you are interested in the soups check out the recipe thread.

Last edited by halos; 09-21-2010 at 12:07 PM..
Old 09-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #274

I was thinking something like that too. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2010, 02:49 AM   #275
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
jiggles, Cynthia, and Pat-

You all seem to be doing great! JUDDD isn't easy, but you've done a terrific job of transitioning to those DDs.

jiggles--on the headache. As has been mentioned, you might try eating a little bit throughout the day. I usually have about 150 cal first thing in the morning; another 100 at midday; and a final 100 in early evening. I did this from the beginning to 'save' 50 cal in case I needed them before bedtime. I rarely used them, but I need to 'comfort' of knowing I can eat more if necessary. However, in eating like this, I really haven't had any headaches or lightheadedness (something others have experienced).

Another issue could be staying hydrated. I find that I drink throughout the day (coffee and hot tea mainly), but on days that I might be away from home or traveling and don't drink my usual amount, I easily get dehydrated and "headachy" at times. It seems that on JUDDD, I need more fluids than I have in the past for some reason.

Last edited by Leo41; 09-22-2010 at 02:52 AM..
Old 09-22-2010, 06:17 AM   #276

Thanks Leo. I do think I'll change up what I eat tomorrow a little bit. That will probably help. And I drink a lot of water on my DDs and during the week. It's easier for me to do that at work for some reason than when I'm at home on the weekends.

I made it through my 2nd DD yesterday. I did want to go home and stuff food in my mouth after work though, but I didn't. I just started making dinner which was chicken breasts and spinach salad. I was really thinking by the end of the day that I didn't know if I could stick to this but now today I'm like "Meh, yesterday was no big deal. It wasn't that hard."

I stepped on the scale this morning. I wasn't going to weigh until Friday but I just couldn't keep myself off of it. I'm down 2.5 lbs. and I started on Sunday. Even though I'm sure it's mostly just water weight it's a good enough motivator to keep me on track and get through tomorrow's DD.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:44 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
I am so sorry that I have been MIA. I have been so busy since coming back from my uncles. Hubby was great but I had about 10 tubs of laundry and no food in the house. On top of that I had to work.

I am doing really well. I am maintaining my weight within my range that I set for myself but by no means have figured out maintenance. I have been eating the same on DD and eating a bit more on UD. Not so sure yet if I like this. I have been picking on cracker!!! So weird but I said to hubby last night that I do like the way I feel at the end of the UD. I think its the extra carbs I have been eating the last couple of times. It is nice to be able to eat what I want however I do want to this to get out of control. I am thinking the carbs are making me lazy and not feel good. In a way I can tolerate carbs weight wise but do not like the way they make me feel.

I will take some time and read through the last couple days. Hugs to everyone!!!!

Last edited by JKat; 09-22-2010 at 06:46 AM..
Old 09-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Leo You are the best!! I love reading your post and advice that you give. Thank you. I learn so much from your journey. How are you approaching maintanence this week??

Jiggles This is what I do and I think it helps with the headache issue. I use EAS shakes. The night before I fill up a 20oz bottle with ice and put my shake in it. (french vanilla I will add in pumkin spices ect). I take it out in the morning and sip on it till its gone. I have found that this helps me alot. Its a dull hunger I have but like leo mentioned when you know you are able to eat the next day I find it easier to get through. Truth be told I look foward to my DD. The EAS shakes carb control are only 110calories. THe slim fast I think are higher??

Sally So glad you are feeling better and able to maintain your loss!!

PatSound like you are doing really well. 1.5pound is a great loss for your first week. Like leo said that is right where you are suppose to be. You are doing something rght!!!! This plan is so forgiving and you can really tailor it to your likes and dislikes and social calender. I too love support here and find that it really got me through the first couple of weeks.

Suze I have to say that I am daily weigher. I put it into ****** and I like looking at the graph. I always claim whatever low I see. I do find huge swings in weight with this plan. If you do not want to see it then like leo said only weigh after a DD. He also says it in the book. For me weighing everyday just works and give me insight to my body flucuations.

Cynthia Hello and welcome to our group!! I hope this plan helps your arthritis. I am interested in hearing your experience. I have a huge family history of RA and OA.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:29 AM   #279
Senior LCF member

Lesson Learned Yesterday

Eternal vigilance is the price of maintaining.

Yesterday was an UD, but it was also my niece's 18th birthday. She's a freshman at a college about 2.5 hours away. Her mother, my sister, wanted to take the day off to visit her on her birthday, since she only had one morning class and would be free to spend time with us after 10:30 am. The idea was to 'celebrate' with her, bringing a cake (for her to share with her friends), take her out to lunch, shop a little, etc.

To 'prepare' I had planned to bring some nuts along in case I got hungry on the road, but when I was in the supermarket, I saw 'mini Lara bars.' I've never had them, but, according to the package, they are just nuts and dried fruit (nut butters provide the binder). The 'mini' ones are just 90-100 cal (depending on the flavor) and 10-12g carbs. I decided to buy them for the trip instead of nuts. BIG MISTAKE.

They are delicious--and sweet. And I think it was the sweetness that "got to me." When we went out to lunch, I went totally overboard and just stopped 'counting' because I knew I was eating way too much. I didn't stuff myself, but my enormous appetite had been awakened! I even had dessert! "It's a birthday celebration," I rationalized--and convincing myself to eat things I shouldn't is usually not something I do.

When we got home at 7 that evening, I wasn't hungry and normally would not eat any more. My 'mental' excuse was that my sister was visiting (she lives and works 90 min. further away from the college, so she was spending the night with me). For my 'company,' I had to provide an evening meal, didn't I? More rationalization. So I ordered Chinese--and ate the rice! (I normally omit the rice from my order).

I was more out-of-control with my eating yesterday than any time in the past 4 years! Those mini bars are only 10 carbs each, and I'd only had 2 of them prior to my binge, but this just proves that not all carbs are equal for some people--like me. The 'sugar' was only in the dried fruit--healthy right? Not for me, I guess.

Lesson learned--I have to be vigilant about talking myself into things that I know will be triggers for me. I find this is easier now that I don't feel I need to be losing each week, and it's taken me by surprise because I never thought I'd do this. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm the same person who once weighed 300+ lbs, and I can still eat like that person if I allow myself to do so!

Jodie- So what I'm doing to 'maintain' this week will, I hope, not be something I will have to repeat. Yesterday has dictated the rest of this week. So far this morning, I've only had black coffee, and I plan to continue with green tea for the afternoon--i.e., my aim is 0 calories for this DD. Tomorrow, I plan to have a very low calorie UD (more of a MD), and no more than 250 cal on Friday's DD.

This is NOT how I want to maintain--i.e., letting myself get out of control and then shifting back to low calorie/very low carb. I want this to stop now. I know that the key to health is clean eating and moderation, and I need to get back to that mode now.

Last edited by Leo41; 09-22-2010 at 07:39 AM..
Old 09-22-2010, 07:53 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Jiggles: I wish I could get on the scale and lose that much weight! You are so committed that I feel like a hedonistic fool. Not really, but I confess that I am just the teeniest bit less inclined to starve. I actually am making progress but I'm not actually "pure" in my approach. As long as it works I'm not complaining.

Kat: I think I'm with you on weighing every day. Or at least I weight when I feel the same or thinner. If I feel up at all I just move on thank you very much!

Lost what I gained! Probably salt. Today is a DD and I will attempt to stay within guidelines. I say attempt because I do really well until about noon, then have lunch, feeling good, then a small dinner, OK then too, but about 9PM I get ravenous sometimes and I've never been a nite eater. Must be the whole fasting thing. Sucking it up and looking for a pound!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Leo Yes lesson learned and move on. Do not beat yourself up!! Also do not restict too much on your UD or you may feel deprived. Just like you described is what I worry about eating on UD. Just like we can talk ourselves out of something we can also rationalize why its okay. Please do not beat yourself up to much. We will have to maintain our whole life!! Next time pick the nuts!!
Yes lesson learned!!
Suze I order from netrition sensato cereal.. I eat 0.25 cups before bed on my DD. Its filling and only 50calories. It really helps me.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:27 AM   #282
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Jiggles and Pat so happy for your losses!!! WTG ladies. Here's an attagirl for each of you!

JKat WTG on maintaining and getting home and back in the groove!!!

Suze keep on truckin. Sounds like you are doing what works for your body!!!

Leo, movin' on. These things happen and it is often those sneaky little carbs that catch us unaware. Great lesson to learn - thanks for sharing.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #283
Senior LCF member

Jodi & Pooticus-
Thanks--and I'm really not beating myself up. Posting my reflection really helped me cope with this. In fact, I don't think I could have been successful with JUDDD without this board. Both reading and posting is a tremendous support.

Suze-

As Jodi mentioned, having something for the 'last minute' on a DD helps. I regularly 'saved' 50 cal so that if I felt I 'needed' something at bedtime, I'd be able to stay within my calories. However, I also discovered that it was the best time for saying, "I'll eat that tomorrow" and thereby banishing the hunger. It always amazed me that I was able to go to sleep hungry because I just assumed that sleep would elude me if I were hungry. After a short time, I never needed those extra calories in the evening.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
Jiggles This is what I do and I think it helps with the headache issue. I use EAS shakes. The night before I fill up a 20oz bottle with ice and put my shake in it. (french vanilla I will add in pumkin spices ect). I take it out in the morning and sip on it till its gone. I have found that this helps me alot. Its a dull hunger I have but like leo mentioned when you know you are able to eat the next day I find it easier to get through. Truth be told I look foward to my DD. The EAS shakes carb control are only 110calories. THe slim fast I think are higher??
The Slimfast ones are 190. At least the regular ones. I'm not sure about the low carb ones since I couldn't find them. I do have a pack of the EAS shakes but I've been leary to open it. The last time I tried them I didn't really care for the taste. But I have a different flavor now and think I'll bring one tomorrow instead of the Slimfast (then I can have a little bit of real food during the day).

Leo, it's frustrating when we do things like that. Sounds like it's not something you will continue to do though so I think you've learned some very important things. Just keep on keepin' on!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: loves2sing
Stats: 180.5/148.4/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart JUDDD 11/24/11 at 152.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Lesson learned--I have to be vigilant about talking myself into things that I know will be triggers for me. I find this is easier now that I don't feel I need to be losing each week, and it's taken me by surprise because I never thought I'd do this. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm the same person who once weighed 300+ lbs, and I can still eat like that person if I allow myself to do so!

Jodie- So what I'm doing to 'maintain' this week will, I hope, not be something I will have to repeat. Yesterday has dictated the rest of this week. So far this morning, I've only had black coffee, and I plan to continue with green tea for the afternoon--i.e., my aim is 0 calories for this DD. Tomorrow, I plan to have a very low calorie UD (more of a MD), and no more than 250 cal on Friday's DD.

This is NOT how I want to maintain--i.e., letting myself get out of control and then shifting back to low calorie/very low carb. I want this to stop now. I know that the key to health is clean eating and moderation, and I need to get back to that mode now.

Leo: Thanks for sharing this.

You are such a wonderful inspiration for me!

I'm sure I'll have "slips" as I continue on JUDDD and I want to follow your approach and get right back into a healthy mode again.

You are a great example for me, of taking care of yourself so you can remain healthy and enjoy your life.

Big hug to you!
Cynthia
Old 09-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Today is my second DD. I'm enjoying it, feeling relaxed. No hunger.

Yesterday was my first UD. I didn't keep track of my food, just ate "what I wanted" without "purposely overeating," as Dr J says in the book... I avoided the foods that seem to aggravate my arthritis - sugar, white flour, artificial sweeteners, etc. - but I ate quite a bit of the foods that are healthy for me.

I feel like I overate, probably in reaction to the freedom of such a day, but this was my very first UD. I'll see what happens after a week or so. If this doesn't settle down for me, I may have to put more structure into the UDs.

My hands are pain free! That's lovely.

And I am happy to have this DD today. It seems to be helping me feel more secure, because even if I did overeat yesterday, things are back under control today.

I prefer to have just water and tea during the day, and eat all of my calories at dinner time. I enjoy the light feeling I get from this little fast.

The author of Fast-5 sites several different studies which indicate that short fasts like this can help heal inflammation and insulin resistance. Each time we eat, a number of different hormones are released - insulin, leptin, grelin (not sure of spelling on that one), etc. - and the blood levels of these hormones go up and down as we digest the food. A person who eats several times a day goes through these hormone level fluctuations several times a day, and some doctors believe these are stressful for our bodies, especially changes in blood insulin levels. So fasting during part of the day allows one's body to have a rest; the hormone levels can remain level. (On Fast-5, you do this every day, eating in a 5-hour window and fasting for 19 hours.)

I like this kind of DD, at least so far. A fast until the evening, then a meal for 500 calories or less, and then I'm done eating until tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a good day...
Cynthia
Old 09-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Cynthia I am glad your hands are feeling better. You mentioned you stay away from sugar. What are the other type of foods that cause inflammation for you???

Leo...I am glad that you feel better after posting. We need to look out for each other

Jiggles...I always take a 20oz container and fill it up with ice the night before and put the shake in it. I sip it after the ice is melted the next day. It dilutes it a bit and I really like the taste better. I love french vanilla mixed with pumkin spice. I also love the dark chocolate. The ice really dilutes it and gives it a great taste. Try it!!

poots...Happy belated birthday girl!!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #288
Senior LCF member

Cynthia-

I'm so glad you're pain free right now!

And thanks for your explanation of why fasting is so good for the body. I've seen similar descriptions of this physical process in discussions of IF, so the way you're doing your DDs is ideal in the sense of giving you the longest period of total fast from food.

The 'healing' nature of JUDDD is in the 'fasting' aspect. As you know, Dr. J says that studies show that 500 cal or less is just as good for the body as a total fast, and he thinks that although the total fast is ideal (for the reasons you mention), people would have difficulty doing that on DDs. I know that I probably would never have tried JUDDD if the alternate days were totally without food. I'm too weak where food is concerned
Old 09-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Jkat, my experience is that sugar, white flour, artificial sweeteners, & unhealthy fats are pro-inflammatory for me.

The only grains I eat regularly are sprouted-grain bread and oatmeal. My digestive system seems to benefit from the fiber in both of those.

I tolerate fermented or cultured dairy without any problems: yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, & kefir all seem to agree with me. I like to make my own yogurt, using FAGE Greek-style yogurt for the starter. I eat it plain or with fruit.

For fats, olive oil, coconut oil, and butter. I take fish oil & vitamin D supplements as well.

When I was on Atkins 72, back in late December, January, & February, being in ketosis brought on the worst arthritis pain I've ever had. I don't know if that's true for anyone else, but it was for me.

Of course, YMMV on all of these foods. A lot of our responses to food are determined by our genetic inheritance, it seems.

Last edited by loves2sing; 09-22-2010 at 02:08 PM..
Old 09-23-2010, 06:07 AM   #290
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Jodi! You are doing so great girl!

I'm down to 261.2lbs today! 3.3lbs away from VWT!!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:40 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

to you, pooticus!

My weight is down 1.5 pounds this morning, after my 2nd Down Day yesterday.

I'm very pleased to see the loss - I was stalled for several weeks on Fast-5.

Today is my 2nd Up Day. I'm hoping to feel the freedom without overeating.

Happy JUDDDing, everyone!

Cynthia
Old 09-23-2010, 07:43 AM   #292
Senior LCF member

Congratulations, Pooticus & Cynthia on your losses!

Yesterday, I easily had a DD of zero calories--mainly because JUDDD is teaching me to listen to my body. As I suspected, far too many calories on my Tuesday 'road trip' resulted in my body wanting a rest from food for a while. That is, I didn't really make any special effort to avoid all food; I just decided to eat only if I got really hungry. I never got even slightly hungry!

This morning, I wasn't starving, but my body welcomed breakfast. Perhaps that will be a key to maintenance--i.e., really learn to listen to my body?

While I was losing, I was much more focused on counting calories--and therefore on the food itself. I still need to count, but perhaps what I need to also do is decide how many calories my body actually seems to want rather than what I'd like to eat (since I always like to eat everything in sight
Old 09-23-2010, 07:52 AM   #293

Congrats Pooticus & Cynthia!

Leo, have you ever read any of the Intuitive Eating books? That's all about paying attention to your body and eating only when hungry. I really tried to do that for a while and lost a few pounds but I eventually stopped listening. What it showed me though was that I really don't need as much food as I think I do. I think JUDDD is kind of helping me get back to that place because it's reminding me that I don't need huge portions & to eat all the time.

Today's my 3rd DD. So far so good. I do feel a little hunger but I'm sipping an EAS shake. I'm not real crazy about it and actually think the Slimfast shake tastes better. But I like that it has less calories especially since I brought a little real food to eat today. I plan on sipping the shake this morning and afternoon and around lunchtime I'll have the 3 oz. of shrimp with 1 tbsp. cocktail sauce that I brought. I think that should help keep the headache away today.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Poots and Cynthia WTG!!! I am glad you are finding success. Oh and cin thanks for he explanation. Like I said arthritis is big in the family so I am really interested in what you are doing and feeling.

Jiggles...Do not eat anything you dislike!!! If you like the slimfast better then you should stay with it. The worse thing that can happen is that you hate your DD so much that you wind up overeating on your UD.

Well I hit a new low this morning and very happy. My plan is to keep my DD low (this is not hard for me to do) and eat till full on my UDs. I am going to try and watch my carbs but I am not going to count anything on my UDs.. I would like to see if I go by hunger and make good choices that I can maintain without having to monitor calories on UD. This will be a work in progress. If it does not work then I will try something else to maintain.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:52 AM   #295
Senior LCF member

jiggles-
I have not read any of the books, but I read a few online articles on "intuitive eating," but I doubt that works (by itself) for someone like me with a long history of obesity and food issues. That is, I have real difficulty 'listening' to my body, since I am able to 'manufacture' hunger signals psychologically

However, as you're experiencing, JUDDD has helped me a lot to understand that my body needs much less food than I was giving it! I'm hoping that a combination of JUDDD and 'listening' will be the key. The problem with someone like me relying on 'listening' is that my body actually wants to re-fill all those empty fat cells (we don't lose them; they just collapse and await more fat!), so it will send me 'hunger' signals that are not true hunger. That's why I think I will have to keep counting.

Jodi-
We are very different, and it will be interesting to see how we finally arrive at a good maintenance plan. I know that my recent "all out eating" for a day and then recuperation with good DDs is not a way I want to go! I truly prefer eating more moderately and cleanly. So I plan to stay away from 'treats'--even 'healthy' ones like fruit because my body really reacts to sugar in all its forms. I can easily add calories with veggies--because I actually love them!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Good advice from you guys to put aside an extra 50 calories for before bed time. Haven't lost any more this week. I will weigh on Monday AM. Every UD when I weigh the next day my weight is up 2lbs. It seem like a pattern has emerged. Then, I will lose it after a DD. Ahem, have to confess my last DD was more like 600 cals. Some days I have the hardest time staying so low.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:03 AM   #297
Senior LCF member

Suze-
Yes, the scale seems to go up and down throughout the week on JUDDD, but I find that by weighing only once a week, and on the same day/same time, I can usually use that weight as 'official.'

Weighing more often caused me to get depressed--i.e., even if I weigh after a DD, if it's less than a week, I can see a scale number that's higher than the previous week! That depresses me too much, which keeps me from too frequent weighing.

Keep in mind that the scale number is purely an approximation. I know, for example, that my own scale is consistent with the scale at my primary doctor's office. Yet, I can weigh the morning of the day I'm seeing him, and by that afternoon when I weigh there, I can be up 3 lbs. I know that's water fluctuation--which goes on in our bodies all the time.

So I'm not wedded to some absolute number. As I was losing, I figured my weight by 'decade'--e.g., in the 240s, I was trying to get into the 230s. My goal had been the 160s, but now I'm trying for the 150s. That means I want to get to 155, so that I can consistently weigh at a number that's 150-something.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:14 AM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Congratulations to the losers. TGIF and a DD. I find it easier to control my eating on down days. Yesterday I had my first fall from grace, and really blew it with ice cream in the afternoon, pizza instead of avocado and shrimp for dinner and to top it off, more ice cream after dinner. Planning is so important, I went out yesterday afternoon and was delayed returning home which is how I sabotaged myself with ice cream. I will now never leave home without a small bag of walnuts for cases of impending dietary disaster.

Today is going well.

Pat
Old 09-24-2010, 07:41 AM   #299

Pat, don't let the slip get to you. Just get back on the horse today and you'll be fine I'm sure.

Leo, I agree about weighing too often. I get frustrated if I see the # go up even when I know it's just a fluctuation. I finally got out of the habit of weighing every day. I try for just once a week but sometimes I do a mid week weigh in but I don't count that #.

Made it though yesterday. I've found that at about 3:00 is when my willpower starts going away and I just feel like going home and eating everything in the house (and giving up). But I feel that way even when I eat normal. I didn't eat until about 6 and then I was okay. Of course now that I look back at yesterday I don't think it was so hard.

I'm making Fridays my official weigh in day. I weighed last Saturday and am using that as my starting point. So, I've lost 3 lbs. I'm curious to see what happens next week because usually when I start something new the first couple of pounds come off pretty easy. Lately it seems like I can't get any lower than where I am right now because I get frustrated and give up. So far JUDDD feels like something I can actually stick to so maybe this time things will be different for me.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:52 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Hello JUDDDers-
Good job Cynthia, Pooticus, Jodi and Jiggles and anyone else that has seen a loss. (Hope I didn't miss anyone)

Wrote a long post yesterday and then didn't post it, it was too depressing. I was so discouraged. Had a bad DD yesterday...probably 750 calories...sigh. Then this morning...tada...a new low.

I am a daily weigher. Wednesday I was back to my beginning of the month weight. Thursday I was down 2 pounds. This morning I am at a new low...231. That is an official whoosh, -3 pounds overnight. 236 wednesday and 231 today.

If you are not seeing losses and have been sticking fairly close to plan, give it some time. Those of you that are closer to goal will probably not see the dramatic flucuations I do, but some loss is occuring even if it doesn't show right away. Every new low shows me that something good is happening. I'm hoping to stableize at this weight and then hit the 220's next month.

I am having a hard time with DD. Usually come in at around 550-650 calories. I am not stressing about it, but would like to get them below 500. It is a lot easier for me stay below 500 when I have some broth on hand. I need to make up some more. Even with the poor DD's I am seeing a good rate of loss. I have -5 for the month so far and that is a wonderful rate for me. The calorie cycling does work even if done imperfectly.

Leo- I relate to what you said about 3 pounds during a single day. I will vary as much as 5 pounds during one day. Yes, the "decade" is the way to look at it. I bounce all over the place through the month, but the high gradually gets a little lower and so does the low. I proudly claim the new low and then wait for it to become the high for the next month.

Pat- I think those indiscretions sometime help us, If they fend off a true binge. I find allowing a serving of something I crave stops the craving. It usually doesn't taste as good as I remember either so that item stops calling my name.

Have a great up or down day everyone.