Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 09:21 AM   #211
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Redeemed-
Good luck with the soup! I put my psyllium powder in soup, and it gives a thick consistency that is nice--so long as I don't put in too much--then it can get 'slimy.' It makes the soup even more filling, so I hope the chia works that well for you.

I'm on an UD today, but it doesn't feel like an UD--i.e., those calories really add up fast! However, the good news is that either the low calories of JUDDD or all the vlc eating I do (or both) has really minimized my appetite, so I don't feel at all deprived.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Successful DD today....2 HB eggs, cucumber, Atkins shake and large salad with grilled chicken for dinner....right around 500 calories. I'm fighting some hunger now, but will have a cup of tea and go to bed early if necessary....sometimes that's the only thing that works for me on DD's. Can't stay up watching TV cause that's my worst time of day for uncontrolled snacking.

Planning a controlled UD tomorrow. I'm taking my soon to be 13 yo granddaughter out for a day of shopping and lunch...will make it a salad wherever we go and have my breakfast and dinner planned out too. Not gonna give myself free rein here like I usually do. I know I have to stay away from the flour and sugar cause they are addictive for me and make me crave more....yes, Leo, that was a big part of my problem last weekend while away. The sugar especially just makes me crazy and I could eat nonstop....frightening really.

I'm really encouraged this time since starting to watch my portions and make wiser choices when I began the end of April. The weight hasn't come off quickly, but I consistently hit new lows before hitting a bump in the road and gaining back a few pounds. As long as the lows keep getting lower and the gains don't get out of control, I'm feeling okay about it. I haven't consistently lost weight for this long in years, so it feels good and like I'm on the right track. I'm hoping JUDD will just be another tool to help with the whole process and keep me on the downward trend.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:16 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Just checking in which is important for me in staying on track, accountable, etc.
Day 3 back on track. Down day with nothing but black coffee so far. Will have some
greek lamb meatballs with tzatziki? and grilled zucchini for my one meal. Ready to go turn on the grill now. I have been really lazy with exercising lately and must get back to the gym, but at 90+ degrees here (very high for a pacific Northwest wimp), I just cannot get myself motivated. My store has also been very busy with the paint part of the business and mixing paint all day exhausts me.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Amazed to find the scale had moved today, inspite of my really struggling with JUDDD, I've dropped 5# these two weeks, I know that some of it is just lowcarb water weight, but at least 1 of those is real.
DD today was mostly soup and shakes, which seems to be what I do best on DDs. Been busy moving furniture and cleaning carpets, Noone around to care how messed up the house is, so I can do half a room at a time, think I better quit for today and start again tomorrow.Sure does feel good to be back on JUDDD, and I think I can detect the SIRT gene getting a little stronger, again.
Got to go back and read some old posts for DD ideas, recipes. Sure appreciate the advice, support.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:23 AM   #215
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-
Congratulations on a good DD! Now that you know it's the sugar that drives you to overeat, keep that in mind when you're faced with 'temptation.' I know that for me, visualizing the consequences of indulgence really abolishes the temptation. And you're absolutely right that it doesn't matter what the scale says on any given day; it's the downward trend that spells success.

Snaggle-
For me, exercise has nothing to do with weight loss (in fact, I often lose better when I'm not exercising). I exercise to feel better. So don't beat yourself up if you're not going to the gym. Sometimes your body is telling you that you need a break. And keep in mind that any movement is good for you--even mixing paint.

Nitenurse-
Any loss, even just water, is good for the body, so celebrate your success. I was interested in your comment that you do best on DDs with soups and shakes because I'm the opposite. My body doesn't seem to register liquids as 'real food' (although if I make my soups thick enough, they can be satisfying). But the key to JUDDD, IMO, is to know oneself--and clearly you do. I think when people just try to do what works for someone else, they get frustrated. JUDDD works best when we each discover how it works best for us--as you are doing.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:09 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Snaggle....it does help to stay accountable, doesn't it? I think that's always one of my problems when I'm away....no accountability factor. Glad you're back! (me too recently started once again).

Nitenurse....congratulations on 5lb! I know what you mean about the water weight coming off more quickly (especially with JUDD), but knowing you're down one REAL pound always feels good. I like to just keep seeing those new lows in between the bumps in the road.

Scale showed I had a major WHOOSH after my first DD back from vacation this morning...I'll take it! (even though I still have about 4lb to go before I get to the lowest weight I've seen yet this month).
Old 08-18-2010, 04:32 AM   #217
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-
As I told Nitenurse, any movement to a lower number on the scale is cause for celebration Keep reminding yourself what a great job you're doing.

By the way, I have another appointment with the surgeon in October to get an evaluation for possible knee replacement. Ironically, my weight loss has caused me to think seriously about doing this (I've been opposed to it forever) because now that I have no other 'aches and pains,' my knee issues are more obvious than ever--i.e., I imagine that I'd feel incredibly better if I have this done. But it's such a risk that I wish I could avoid it.

I'll keep you posted because I know you're headed that way yourself.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:11 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
1242588iv3nxpzqzr.gif

Sherrie and nitenurse Great to see you both losing weight. So nice you both are enjoying JUDDD. congrats018.gif

Snaggle Congratulations on your successful UD/DD's and for posting your progress. 736345xys1961mlm.gif I don't exercise very much except for going to work. With my low cortisol levels, I feel better resting. I'm convinced weight loss is mostly related to a person's diet plan. I think I'll feel more like exercising once I lose more weight; and then it will be walking at a moderate pace for twenty minutes. When I walk it will be for tone and strength.

UD today. DS spent the night so he can get up early and clean for me. I would rather pay him than pay a cleaning lady. This helps with his budget also. I plan on making speghetti using Dreamfields. That way I won't be tempted to eat too much. Dreamfields is delicious, but too much causes tummy troubles for me.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:32 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

The reason soup and shakes work for me, for now, on DDs is because it keeps me out of the frig and kitchen, basically I don't have to cook or think about food much that day. It's a head game for me.
I am going to start looking at some solid food menues for 300 cals on some of the old posts because I think for the long haul I am going to need some of them, especially if I don't eat much protein on an UD, I'll never make it through a DD on just liquids. Seems like I was doing a lean hamburger patty with onions tomatoes and lettuce last year on DDs.
For now the soup works. Have a bunch of salad shrimp stocked up, too, can throw that or chicken into the soup and it's filling and Cal cheap.
I am cleaning carpets this week, stopped yesterday after doing about a third, and I can still walk this am. lol. When I was much younger I would do the whole house and then not be able to function the rest of the week. Maybe some wisdom does come with age.
I keep looking at your amazing stats for inspiration, Leo, how many years was the whole journey?
This is such a personal walk, I started Atkins at first in 1972, and I am still learning things about what my body can tolerate and not. My three children, although thin, are strict no sugar, no wheat for other health reasons. And they all have a little different food plan, because they have different intolerances, and they all gain weight if they go off it, and get asthma, rashes, intestinal problems, etc. etc. Sometimes I wonder if there really is anyone that can get away with eating sugar?
Oh, well, sorry for rattling on.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #220
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Morning, everyone. Just checking in. I'm still on plan, starting a DD today with an Atkins breakfast bar and a black coffee. I feel, as I always do on the morning of a down day, relieved and happy to be under control. Still dissatisfied with my up days. They're never quite as controlled as I intend, but it's an ongoing process that I will keep working on. I feel I am getting better.

I will weigh Saturday, and then have a much better idea how I'm doing with this!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:34 AM   #221
Senior LCF member

Nitenurse-
I really don't know how long my journey has been because it's so long ago, and I began rather casually, just trying to 'cut down,' and gradually became more dedicated to the process. I know it's at least 5 years, and possibly even longer than that, and I've had several 'plateaus' along the way.

Right now, I'm having difficulty raising my DD calories! I thought it would be simple, but I've been programmed so long for a DD of about 400 cal that planning for 700 gets me into UD 'thinking,' and then I start wanting to add too much! I'm going to give this a try until the end of August and re-assess.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/242/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Hello All-

The depression I mentioned in my last post seems to have lifted (thank God). I did my official 1st week on JUDDD weigh-in, drumroll please, -3.5 !!!!! Since I have been doing low carb for a long time, I know it is not all water weight. That is more than I lose in a month normally.

It has been hard for me to stay below 500 calories on DD, but I am learning. Yesterday I did protein in the early afternoon and soup in the evening and lots of herb tea all day.

I need to figure out how to get my fiber in as I feel better when I get 20-40 grams each day.

Congrats to all you losers.

Leo- it will take you awhile to get those few extra calories figured out. Maybe just a small extra portion of a favorite food each down day. Good luck.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:44 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Wow...just came from Panera Bread and having lunch with my granddaughter. I haven't been there in ages and didn't realize they have all their calories posted right on their menu. Had the new chicken/strawberry/poppyseed salad I've seen advertised on TV lately for 280 calories....dressing and all! Now on Daily Plate it lists it as 300 calories but I tell you it's a bargain of calories. Today happens to be an UD for me...but nice to know I could go there for dinner on a DD and it would be doable.

It's a huge salad with sliced chicken breast, strawberries, blueberries, pecans, greens of course....absolutely delicious! I was impressed. The poppyseed dressing was good too....one of my favorites. I asked them if they sold it bottled, but they don't. Just thought I would share a good place to eat out where calorie counts are listed.

Leo...kind of thought you might have trouble with adding calories. Do you eat nuts? Those calories add up quickly.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by halos View Post
Hello All-

The depression I mentioned in my last post seems to have lifted (thank God). I did my official 1st week on JUDDD weigh-in, drumroll please, -3.5 !!!!! Since I have been doing low carb for a long time, I know it is not all water weight. That is more than I lose in a month normally.

It has been hard for me to stay below 500 calories on DD, but I am learning. Yesterday I did protein in the early afternoon and soup in the evening and lots of herb tea all day.

I need to figure out how to get my fiber in as I feel better when I get 20-40 grams each day.

Congrats to all you losers.

Leo- it will take you awhile to get those few extra calories figured out. Maybe just a small extra portion of a favorite food each down day. Good luck.
Congratulations on 3.5lb!!! That's fantastic for your first week, especially since you know it's not all water weight....although any weight gone on that scale is a good loss to me!! Glad JUDD is working for you.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #225
Blabbermouth!!!

Halos, that's great! Congrats!

(And that is exactly what I lost, but it took me 2 weeks.)
Old 08-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #226
Senior LCF member

Sally-
That's terrific! Like you, I think of 3.5 lbs as a good loss for a month, so I'd be ecstatic to see that for just a week!

I really like your suggestion of just 'adding' to my regular DD rather than trying to reconceive the 'new' maintenance DD. Normally, I would eat 350-400 cal on a DD, so if I just continue that practice, I can add another 300 cal option--like that delicious salad from Panera Bread that Sherrie described!

For Friday (next DD), I will plan "thinking" of a standard DD menu PLUS an 'add on.' That might work better. I'll let you know.

Sherrie-

Thanks for the tip about Panera Bread. There's one that opened not too far from me, but I've never considered going there because the restaurant's name is too intimidating for someone grain free However, calories on the menu and delicious salads have put this on my "must visit sometime" list!

Yes, I eat nuts, but would never touch them on a DD (too many calories for too little food). In fact, I try to restrict them as much as possible (often will eat only 2-3 at a time) because they are so calorie intense.

I'm going to try Sally's suggestion of continuing to plan my 'normal' DD, along with an 'add on.' I know that's just mental gymnastics, but 95% of this whole weight loss thing is mental, IMO.

The reason I like this idea is that I'll retain my sense of a DD because my plan is that if I ever find myself gaining, I want to immediately go back to regular DDs. If they're still being planned, that shouldn't be difficult.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Good afternoon everyone!
Im glad to see the losses last week! That is so awesome!

Normally i would be at work at this time but............we had a baby this morning!!!!
She finally went into labor about 1230am and called me and my mom and we left immediately to go to the hospital. We were there all night and she had him at 10:22 this morning. I am beat!!! He is such a cutie! He weighed 7lbs 14ozs and was 20 inches long. He is perfect! it was an amazing experience for me, being in there when she had him, getting to see everything. WOW! I have always been on the other end with 5 kids myself...lol Getting to watch my only girl have her first baby was just overwhelmingly emotional. It is something i will never forget!

DD for me today and i was smart enough to take my eas strawberry shake with me to the hospital. So i drank that about 6am this morning and coffee all night long with sweetener only. When i came home i had a bowl of my soup and some cucumber slices and dinner will be salad with crab meat. I would love to be able to nap but that doesnt look like its going to happen today. I will sleep really well tonight! Me, my SO and his son and my youngest son are going back to the hospital about 4p to see her and the baby. There were quite a few people there this morning so i want to go when it can be just us for a little bit.

Im glad to everyone doing so well on JUDDD. I really do love this woe. I know i was supposed to start doing 2 DD's a week but i just cant yet. I enjoy my DD's and i like knowing i can have some more freedom on my UD's with having 3 UD's a week. So for now im leaving it the way it is. Im not really losing so i think im fine. I dont need to lose much and i lose about a lb last week so im ok with that. If i see i am continuing to lose i adjust where necessary but for now this is working great for me. I like having the shake for breakfast and my soup for lunch and either soup or salad for dinner. Leo, like you i have to have my soup thick or my body doesnt register it as food...lol With this soup i kept it thick and kept the squash sliced. I added the squash after pureeing the spinach, zucchini onion and chicken so i have some nice sized pieces of sliced squash. Its so yummy!!!

Well off to try to get a nap in, i dont think its gonna happen but im gonna try!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #228
Senior LCF member

Congratulations on the new baby, Shelly! I know you'll all enjoy this experience. A baby always 'revitalizes' a family in my experience.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

Congrats, Shelly! Does he have a name yet?

Which hospital was he born in? I had my first baby in OKC, at Presbyterian. (Of course, that was 27 years ago!)
Old 08-18-2010, 01:18 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Sally Congratulations on the weight loss!

Shelly Congratulations on the birth of your grandchild!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Shelly....Is this your first grandchild? There is no greater joy in life than grandchildren!! (mine are 13, 8, 5 and 2 1/2) And I have to agree with you, that seeing your daughter have her own child is a special blessing. Best wishes to all of you and ENJOY!!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

OK....so just finished the first UD ever where I counted calories! (No wonder this program never worked for me before, huh?)
Finished at 1600 calories and felt completely satisfied at each meal...hey, maybe I can do this after all. (and I still have my SF pudding and Reddi Whip to have later....already counted in)
Old 08-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #233
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-
That's great! I've had to count every day, and it's worth it. After a while, it's so automatic that you don't even notice that you're doing it.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Congrats Shelly on the new grandson. How fun for you.

I am lovin being back on JUDDD.
Wendy's salad for my up day today. Their cobb comes with an avocado ranch that is 100 cal a pack and was very good. I am super picky about mfr dressings because I always make homemade, but this stuff was pretty tasty. I took off some of the egg yolk and blue cheese to make it lower cal and because it didn't need it, but it was pretty good. I
I want to check out that panera place. That salad sounds great Sherrie. I too, am really trying to be very careful on my UD's, since they are always my downfall.
No more free for alls.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #235
Blabbermouth!!!

My DD menu for 8/18:

B: Atkins apple breakfast bar, 130 calories
L: FF frank, 40 cals; lite popcorn bag, 100; laughing cow lite cheese, 35 cal
D: TJ's chicken patty, 150 cals; spring green mix with spray dressing, 10 cal; wasa wafer, 35 cals

Another good 500 calorie day. Now the challenge is to have a good, well-planned, well-counted day tomorrow.

Luckily, my lunching out partner/daughter is going on a trip for a week, and I'll be by myself all day tomorrow, so nothing should impede my ability to eat EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE PLANNED!! I am going right now to enter my day into ******!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-19-2010, 05:47 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Wow...just have to let you all know that I woke up this morning and got on the scale first thing like always (addicted and will never change) hoping to at least stay the same after an UD. Well, I had a major loss again!! Yahoo!! I guess having a controlled UD really paid off and now I'm REALLY motivated for a good DD today. Have managed to take off the 6lb of water weight I gained over the weekend in the past two days and now only have 2lb to go to see the lowest I've hit all month.

August may not be a bust after all! I'm loving JUDD (when I do it right)!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:18 AM   #237
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-

Isn't it inspirational when that scale goes down?!! You've discovered what I have--that JUDDD's DDs are really good for getting rid of that water weight from a few 'dietary indiscretions' (my endo's term).

When I was just doing generic low carb and ate a few more carbs on vacation, I'd put on 6 or 7 lbs, but it took me forever to lose them again--even if they were just water. On JUDDD, it has rarely taken more than 2 good DDs to get back to my 'starting weight.'

I'm glad your getting into a rhythm with JUDDD because I just love this WOE.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:34 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/242/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Starting a DD and I have a plan.

pork loin chop 150 calories(depending on ounces)
saurkrout 45 calories

will do this for lunch and supper, so I should come in around 400 calories

Shelly- Congrats on the baby. So glad everything went well.

Jessica- I still have a huge amount to lose (100 pounds) so that probably accounts for the bigger loss per week. It will be interesting to see what week 2 does for me.

Sherrie- Glad you are getting the regain weight off quickly. I hate RE-losing.

Nitenurse- Hang in there. It has taken me a full week to begin to get the swing of things. I am beginning to enjoy the DD's now. I seem to feel more energy on DD's.

Snaggle- Hmmm? Greek food sounds good. I will have to look for recipies.

Redeemed- I am looking at T-Tapp for exercise. I bought the book and am reading right now. She says "no impact' and has a 15 minute routine included in the book. It looks doable even for someone as out of shape and overweight as I am.

Leo- Knee replacement surgery is much better than it used to be. I know several people who have done very well with it. Chronic pain is so hard to live with. Good wishes as you make your decision.
halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #239
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, everybody! I had an excellent DD yesterday, and my goal is to have a totally on-plan, under control UD today. I entered my intended meals and snacks on ****** last night--a 1600 calorie day, and so far, I've stayed exactly with my ****** plans. (Of course, that's only one meal...so far.) But I think today is the day. I can do it.

Sherrie, congrats! How exciting for you!

I am still just finding this to be an excellent way to eat--totally do-able, free of boredom, and even more, free of that mysterious thing that builds up in you and makes you want to rebel, to go crazy and binge. There's just no need for that kind of thinking when you can say, "I can satisfy that craving tomorrow." It's very, very ingenious.

Happy Thursday!
Old 08-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

New DD, after a 2000 ud which I am allowed, so today should be easier. I took a peach, pitted half of it, threw in magic bullet skin and all with a little stevia and water. Then when that was liquified I put in a half scoop of plain protein powder, pretty tasty. Needed a quick fix because I hadn't eaten breakfast, back to the PLAN AHEAD for coming days, that always has been a failing of mine. Wt still a couple pounds up and down, too much salt probably, I use chicken boullion when I am in a hurry. again, PLAN AHEAD.sigh.I am such a slow learner.