Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 11:13 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Hello All-

Up day 1400 calories. Lots more figuring with this way of eating, at least at first.I need to get some ideas for the down days. I am not a bars and shakes person, they start cravings for me. I am amazed how little appetite I have on up days, is that normal? Of course I have been at it less than a week.

Shelly- So glad your mom is doing well with her plan. My daughter had false labor with her first 2 pregnancys. She had pains for a month with the first one (he will be 20 on Wednesday). Hope all goes well.

Leo- Your story is inspiring. I hope I do as well as you have, You are right, I have not done much planning ahead. I need to get a half dozen DD meal plans so I don't keep going over. Tomorrow will be another poorly planned down day...Monday I should have time to do some research and planning.

Jessica- I like the feeling of control too. Seems every time I eat out I have a large gain, there is so much sodium in resturant food. It will come off in a few days though. If you have a gain, don't let it panic you.

Snaggle- Nice to meet you.

Redeemed- A 2 pound bounce is not unusual for me. If I have a nice loss it is usually followed by a couple of pound rebound and then slowly drops back down. Daily weighing has kept me from panicing when I bounce because I can see the pattern. That said, I know many people can't handle the ups and downs. Do what makes you feel the best.

One day I stepped on the scale every hour just to see what would happen. I varied 4 pounds throughout the day. The only one that counts for me is first thing in the morning before coffee.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2010, 06:32 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Good Morning fello Juddders!!!

Well, i bought me a scale yesterday. I got the cheapest one that was digital. Its so funny because when i weighed at my moms i was around 138, she doesnt have a digital and i hate that! But it wasnt first thing and i had eaten bacon and sausage and had coffee so im saying around 137. I got on the scale when i got home from buying it to make sure it worked. This was around 6pm and it was hot. I couldnt believe it, it said 143.6! Isnt that crazy, that you can be holding that much extra water weight, food or whatever throughout the day? A 5 to 6lb difference from that morning! I did have to pee really bad when i got on it though...lol I did weigh again this morning and it showed 139. Yesterday was an UD though so im sweating it. Now, i have to make myself put it out into the garage so i dont look at it all day every day and kill myself getting on it everyday. I know for me i cant. I will become obsessed with it. I have before and who knows maybe i wuoldnt this time but i dont think i will chance it. I just want to weigh in every sat morning.

Good UD for me yesterday. Ate around 1700 cals. My fat carbs were very low and fat very high for some reason. My fat was around 75 percent yesterday. Its rare that it gets that high but my carbs were also really low, like 2 percent...lol So i did eat alot of meat yesterday and had that fatty sausage from mcdonalds and a hot link and chicken with the skin of course.

I bought a container of salad greens from walmart. Its there market fresh and it 1 serving and only like 20 cals! Its the herb mix. It looks like alot of salad. Im gonna try it for my DD tomorrow for dinner. Im gonna do half of the herb mix and add some spinach and some iceburg, just because i love iceburg and put a can of baby shrimp on top and some of my walden farms ranch dressing. It will only be about 120 cals for dinner. I think i will really like that dinner especially with it being so hot and i just love salad.

Making the soup today. I bought all of the ingredients yesterday and i will let everyone know how it turns out. Have any of you tried adding a can of diced tomatoes to your soups? I was thinking i may try this sometime.

Well, time to exercise! Be back later everyone!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Ive got the soup on and i put all of the ingredients into mydailyplate and the whole thing is only 500 calories!!! Its gonna be a huge soup too! I mean huge! My whole big pot is totally full! I didnt even end up adding any cauli or brocolli, just have zucchini, spinach, mushrooms, 1 medium red onion, 1 cup of chicken, 5 cups of chicken broth and 1/2 cup of cilantro. Ill add the bag of squash after its finished and i puree it to give it some texture i guess. Thats what the recipe says to do and ill also add the coconut milk then too.

I wanted to make 5 servings out of it but there is so much i dont know if i can do just 5 servings..lol It might cook down quite a bit and there wont be so much but right now there is a ton of it! Ill let you guys know how it turns out.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #184
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Morning, everyone. I had a great DD yesterday, as always. The plan today is to have a very controlled up day. I haven't exactly decided what I will eat for lunch and dinner, but once I do, I've got a spiral notebook at the ready and I'm going to write it down and then check it off as I go.

I resisted the urge to weigh this morning. I will do that next weekend. Once a week is enough.

Wishing you all a good Sunday!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:01 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-227)/160
WOE: Atkins/Fast-5
Start Date: 1972
Had a blowout UD at a family reunion yesterday, but stayed away from carbs as much as possible and finally estimated about 2000 calories, which I guess I am allowed for a UD, anyway, it sure is nice to survive days like that on this plan, and my insides will appreciate a DD or MD, whichever this turns out to be. Feels like it should be a DD, I'm feeling pretty icky after what I ate yesterday.
My scale is giving me a couple pound loss for this past week, hopefully it will continue going down, it's been hard getting back on plan, I've kind of forgotten lessons I learned last summer, until the situation comes back again-like PLAN AHEAD.
Best to everyone.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Today will be my first down day in a long time (over a month, I think). Yikes. I hope I can do it.
Feeling very bloated, with crazy menopause stuff going on.

Glad to be back here.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #187
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Hi Snaggle-
I had company today so didn't get online until late, so I hope your DD went well. I did what may be my 'last' low calorie DD for a while. Tomorrow I plan to begain 'maintenance' on JUDDD, and for the rest of this month, I plan to do 700 cal DD/1400 cal UD--and see how that works.

I've been doing 250-350 DDs for a while now, so 700 will feel like overeating! Of course, if I should begin to gain, it's back to low DDs. I am determined to maintain this miraculous loss.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Hi everyone!

I caved yesterday. So my 1400 calorie experiment is over; and today is a DD. I am going to call a 3 pound loss for last week, as that was my lowest weight during the week. I looked so forward to my DD today, and it has gone really well. I have my food planned for tomorrow. I am so glad to be back on JUDDD - much less hungar, and all of my favorite foods.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening everyone! Had a good UD today. I ended up about 1800 cals and under carbs, as always...lol I am so glad its a DD tomorrow. I really look forward to them and i so enjoy making these wonderful soups. I love to cook and had forgotten how much i love to cook good wonderful foods. I cook for my SO and my sons but i dont always eat what they eat or not all of it anyway so its nice to be cooking something wonderufl and healthy for me instead of just boring meat and salad all the time, even though i do still enjoy my meat and salad on the UD's. The soup turned out wonderful! I forgot to add the coconut milk but oh well, its awesome and it made a huge pot! I have divided into 5 servings, they are about 2 cups each adn the calories are only 86 per serving, can you believe that! Its so low calorie and so good. Its really green...lol

I cant wait to eat that for lunch tomorrow and then have my herb spring mix salad with spinach and baby shrimp for dinner. Its gonna be a great DD! I am really looking forward to my jog in the morning too, i am really enjoying getting out really early in the morning and going for a jog.

You guys have a great rest of the weekend and a great week!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:51 AM   #190
Senior LCF member

Nitenurse-
We must have posted simultaneously last night because I didn't see yours until this morning. Yes, it's tough getting back to alternation on JUDDD, but it's just a matter of 'habit.' When I was away (and eating carefully, but without DDs), I found it difficult to get back into the 'rhythm.' But once you do a few DDs, you'll be right back on track. Keep in mind how important it is to PLAN!

Redeemed-
When you write 'caved,' do you mean that you ate too much or off plan? I ask because if I could lose on 1400 cal. daily, I'd forget all about JUDDD! But is that so restricting for you that you wind up going off?

If so, that's exactly why Dr. J recommends JUDDD for weight loss. His theory is that you don't get the 'burn out' that you do on standard low calorie plans. I know that's why JUDDD worked for me. I was never tempted to go 'off,' rationalizing that I could do it the next day on my UD. And you know how that works; by the time the UD arrives, the desire to binge is gone.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:19 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

978328a79kc8b6m3.gif Good morning everyone

Leo When I typed "I caved," I meant I ate way over my alotted 1400 calories. I was able to lose on 1400, but it is not the plan for me.

Snaggle I know some women really struggle with menopause in many ways. Having a plan to lose weight and eat healthy will help tremendously. For me menopause was a relief because PMS was no longer an issue. The closer to menopause I got, the better I felt. I had to deal with my thyroid and weight gain; however I love the even moods and freedom from TOM that post-menopause brings. I hope you had a good DD yesterday.

Is JLP still with us? Hope you are doing okay.

Last edited by Redeemed; 08-16-2010 at 07:20 AM..
Old 08-16-2010, 08:39 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

I'd sure like to know what all the hoopla is about concerning chia gell! I'm having the chocolate pudding (chia gell, cocoa powder, coconut milk and stevia)....yuck!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Redeemed-- trust me, I am looking forward to not having periods any more, but right now they are super irregular and I am having either pms or periods ALL the time.

Made it thru a good first down day with around 400 cal.
Today is a controlled up day. Key word, control.
Have a great monday everyone.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #194
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-
Glad you tried the chia gell before I did. I was intrigued but suspected that it would taste as you found it!

Snaggle-
Congratulations on getting through the DD! Like Redeemed, I welcomed menopause for the cessation of the 'troubles' every month. It's really nice not to have to bother with it all.

Today is my first 700 cal DD, and I'm starving! Isn't that weird when I've been doing 350 cal ones with no trouble at all? This is further confirmation to me that this stuff is 90% mental.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:09 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
chia gel is tasteless to me! Takes on the flavour of the additions--and causes quite a bit of appetite suppression--which is nice--as well as being an excellent source of omega 3s
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
chia gel is tasteless to me! Takes on the flavour of the additions--and causes quite a bit of appetite suppression--which is nice--as well as being an excellent source of omega 3s
It's the slimy, gritty texture that did me in. I might try it with hamburger because I have read that it makes meat loaf moist and gives it more volume.
I use low fat hamburger on DD's, which tends to be kind of dry; so I'm hoping I can use the chia gell for that.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #197
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, everybody. I'm at the beginning of a fresh new DD today. I am still liking JUDDD, still working on improving my up days, but still marveling over the amazing lack of boredom and burnout inherent to this style of eating.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but you NEVER get that diet despair and think "I'd really love some [insert food name here], but I'll never get to eat that again..." with JUDD. YOu merely think, "well, I can have some of that tomorrow!" And of course, when tomorrow comes, you feel so proud of how well you ate the day before that you don't want to mess things up, so odds are you won't eat whatever you were craving the day before! But you have the satisfaction of knowing that you CAN, if you want.

I'm anxious for this weekend's weigh-in, to see if I am continuing to lose with what I'm doing, or if I'm going to have to tweak those up days way down. Right now, I'm eating a good 2000 calories on most up days.

I know that according to Dr. J's site I can up my DD's now, but I see no reason to. Honestly, I don't think that eating 600 calories is going to be any easier than 500, and I'm already in a good rhythm with the 500 calorie days.

Redeemed, welcome back to the fold, haha. Good job on that first DD, Snaggle. It's not really as hard as you think it will be, is it? And Halos, stay the course!

Shelly, let us know about how it goes with the new soup. It sounds delish.

And Leo, I'll be watching with great interest to see how it goes with your easing into maintenance. Since I've never reached maintenance with any plan (not on purpose, at least. I did "maintain" with Atkins 72 for the last half a year, quite by accident!), maintenance is a territory I have never explored before. It will be very interesting to see what you learn there.

Happy Monday, everyone!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
hi all I am very interested in this Diet any suggestions of what to eat on the DD? I looked up and down in the store for a meal replacement bar but didn't seem to find much
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Liz-- the main reason Dr. J suggests bars and shakes for down days is so you can really track calories accurately. Many of us long time dieters have that skill down pretty well, or use ****** type calorie trackers anyway, so do not sweat it if you do not find a suitable meal substitute. I do like a protein shake sometimes, but usually prefer to just save my 400 calories for one meal, usually lots of low carb veggies and leaner protein. Taco salads, stir frys, soups, etc.
Others here have 3 small snacks or more.
You will learn what you find to be calorie "bargains", meaning foods that fill you up, or satisfy, that are within your down day guidelines.
Right now, for me, grilled zucchini, eggplant and peppers do the trick.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:36 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Liz 651171i085p8my3i.gif

Yesterday was a DD for me, Liz. I had a cup of soup around noon for about 50 calories. At dinner, I had a boneless, skinless chicken breast smothered in onions and mushrooms, a green salad with tomatoe, and yougurt dip for dressing on the salad. My day came to under 500 calories. So, you don't have to do shakes and bars if you can precisely count your calories for the day.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #201
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome, Liz. I'm quite the newbie--starting my third week of this plan--but I tend to spread my calories through the day. My days look something like this:

B--an Atkins breakfast bar (most of them are right around 150 calories), black coffee
L--tuna (I use the starkist chunk light foil envelope, 80 cals) and a wasa high fiber wafer (35 cals) with a light laughing cow cheese (also 35 cals)
D--couple of Hebrew National fat free franks (40 calories each) and a salad with that spritz-on no calorie dressing, or celery stick with light Laughing Cow cheese, or maybe another wasa wafer

If I need a snack, I use Leo's trick of a cup of broth with some Franks Red Hot or Tapatio hot sauce. I find that hot and vinegar-y is satisfying!

ETA: I don't want to kid you. I do get hungry on those down days, but I don't mind it! In fact, I sort of savor it, because I know I am burning some body fat and that is exciting. Anyone can stand hungry for one day, right?

Last edited by verbqueen; 08-16-2010 at 01:24 PM..
Old 08-16-2010, 01:35 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Thanks all!!! I am teetering back and forth on when to start I am currently doing LC I am scared to stray from atkins,
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
Thanks all!!! I am teetering back and forth on when to start I am currently doing LC I am scared to stray from atkins,
Hey, if it's working for you, then for goodness sake, stay with it! I only switched because I stalled for over half a year for no apparent reason. I think my metabolism needed to be tricked, and JUDDD is just the way to do that.

But I am not a fan of anyone switching AWAY from a plan that they can live with and that is working! So if you're losing, stay the course!!

(P.S. Just FYI, most people here do JUDDD low carb, I believe.)
Old 08-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #204
Senior LCF member

Ouis-
I toyed with the idea of the chia stuff, but I do well with omega 3s. I've been taking fish oil supplements forever, and I just decided to try Krill oil instead because it's supposed to be superior. And the only red meat I eat is grass-fed bison which has a great omega3/6 balance.

But it might be good in your hamburger, Redeemed. I find that hiding my psyllium powder (for regularity) in food is very satisfying and filling. I put it in omelets, and you might try the chia there. What about adding chia to your soup? Would it make it too 'slimy'?

Liz

I don't do 'Atkins,' but I eat low carb; in fact, very low carb. Like others, I'd stalled, mainly because I need to seriously restrict my calories. So I actually eat low carb/JUDDD. I've also found that JUDDD has decreased my sensitivity to carbs so that I can have an occasional high carb meal without problems.

For DDs, we all do different things, but the main idea is to not force yourself into a pattern that doesn't work for you. For example, when I began, almost everyone on this thread was eating only one meal on DDs, saving their calories for dinner. But I'm a morning eater, and I actually have most of my calories very early in the morning. At 4 pm, I might have a 50-cal. egg-white 'omelet' (1/4 cup egg whites in a cup in the microwave), and that would be it for the day.

Somewhere under "other plans" there is a thread we started of DD foods that some of us posted to share. You might want to check that out.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Well, back from a four day weekend away and boy do I need a DD tomorrow!!! Don't even want to go near a scale (but know I will). I ate out a lot, way to many salty and carby choices and no control whatsoever. I really need to buckle down this week and get three good DD's under my belt. My feet are swollen between the excess sodium and the heat (93 in IN all weekend) and I just want to feel good again. It's amazing how badly you can feel after making that many poor choices....it's been a while since I've eaten like that.

Anyway....very inspired by all of your losses last week....congrats to all!! Leo..you're just gonna fade away on us. I'm anxious to see how maintenance goes for you this week. You will probably have a hard time adjusting to all that food...you are so disciplined in what you eat. Why oh why can't I?.....think those are song lyrics somewhere.

Very glad to see this board so active...

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome liz and welcome back sherrie!

leo i am also anxious to hear how you do maintaining. I am finding i am maintaining pretty well just keeping my UD's higher in cal. I love keeping the DD's low in cal. I just love the control and it helps knowing that i can higher UD's and maintain that way, then i can eat pretty much what i want to on UD's, which i still eat low carb of course.

Jessica its good to see you are doing so well. I also liek the feeling of being hungry a little, to a certain point anyway. I dont like it when i get too hungry and get sick to my stomach. I try to make foods that i know are going to be mroe filling and keep me satisfied longer.

Redeemed i have thought about trying the chia seeds too adn im glad you posted what you did. I dont know if i will get them or not. Let us know hwo it works in your hamburger.

I had a great DD today. Had my protein shake this mornign adn then my soup for lunch. Its a good 2 cups for about 87 cals and it was very filling. I ate a few of my snacks but not many today. A few pieces of cucumber and a couple baby dills. For dinner i had half of my container of herb greens over a bed of spinach and just a little iceburg mixed in with 1 can of baby shrimp and some walden farms ranch dressing, i also added a little bit of franks hot wing sauce. It was a huge salad and so filling. I am under 500 for the day and i know this will be it for the day. I feel totally satisfied with that salad and know i wont be going to bed hungry tonight! It amazes me how low in cals that herb greens mix is. The whole container is only 15 calories! And its 4 1/2 cups, i only used half of it and it was alot.

UD tomorrow and i made me protein shake for my workout in the morning in my hand blender. Used 1 cup coconut milk, 1 scoop protein, some sweetener, 1 T flax, 1 T instant coffee and 1 whole egg. It is soo good! I have my cottage cheese with some pecans ready for breakfast and my 2 scrambled eggs ready for my brunch. I dont know what ill have for lunch. I will go and get some meat from the deli at the grocery store by my house. Probalby some turkey breast or salmon, if they have any.

Have a good evening everyone!
Old 08-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #207
Blabbermouth!!!

My DD menu, Aug. 15:

B-Atkins fruit breakfast bar, 120
L-tuna pouch, 80, wasa high fiber wafer, 35, 2 laughing cow light wedges, 70
D-2 Hebrew National ff franks, 80, 100 calorie bag microwave popcorn, 100

485 calories
Old 08-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Hello Everyone-

Have had some emotional ups and downs the last few days. Nothing big, just drama in other peoples lives. It has sort of depressed me. I noticed that I wanted to eat more, not hungry, just wanted to eat. Typical emotional eater stuff. I did not eat, but sure wanted to.
Had a successful DD Sunday and a 1500 calorie up day today.

I made a broth, but I think it will be poured out. I will attempt to season it, but not too optomistic. Oh well.

Baked some chicken in a parmeson coating. It turned out tastey.

I am up a couple of pound right now. Hope it drops for my official first weeks weigh-in Wednesday.

I am still trying to figure out my DD menus, will have to look for that old thread.
halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:18 AM   #209
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-

Keep in mind that the lack of control you experienced was likely more chemical than a lack of "discipline." If you ate carbs, you would have experienced an urge to eat more and more. At least that's what happened to me in the past. I'm convinced that all these months on JUDDD has helped enormously with that issue because I can eat some carbs at a meal (perhaps a dessert or some rice), and not get that hungry attack as I did in the past.

When I have to have meals out for some reason, I try to stick to very low carb to avoid any tendency to gorge. Eating just my meat or fish portion and perhaps a few veggies keeps me satisfied. In order not to feel deprived when I see the 'goodies' that my tablemates are eating, I remind myself how damaging all that sugar and starch is to my body.

Please keep in mind that nothing outside yourself can ruin your weight loss efforts. It's all in your control. But also keep in mind that your body doesn't want to lose weight, and it will fight you. That's why it's so important to understand how our individual bodies respond so that we can counter their efforts.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:41 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

066.gif

Hope everyone has a good day.

Leo I may try the chia gell in a cup of soup today. I plan on having carrot and zucchini soup (50) for lunch. So, I hope I don't ruin a good cup of soup. I'll make enough to have extra, and put the chia in a single serving. I plan on having steak ( 270) with mushrooms (33) and onions (30), and a salad for supper (30) with yogurt dip (60).