Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 07:14 AM   #151
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Thanks everyone for your birthday greetings. I appreciate it!

Sally!

I was about your weight when I began JUDDD, and I'd been gaining and losing the same 10 lbs for a year, which is why I needed a change. I realized that in order to lose with my metabolism, I need to keep calories really low, and JUDDD helps me do that. Having to eat <1000 cal. on a daily basis was too frustrating, so the 'alternation' is ideal for me.

Check your average calories (UD/DD), and if you're not losing, you need to lower the UD number. Keep in mind that the number the calculator gives you for an UD is irrelevant. It's the DD number that's the key. For the UD, you have to adjust for whatever works for you.

By the way, Dr. J advises weighing only after a DD--i.e., morning of the following UD. If you're a daily weigher beware because I've found that the fluctuations on JUDDD are greater than I normally experience. I weigh only once a week because of that.

Jessica-
I don't want to second-guess your endo, but thyroid numbers 'at the low end of normal' are not 'normal' at all! I do fine with my levels at about half-way in the range for both T4 and T3, but some people need a T3 even higher.

Most endos will consider both the blood level AND the individual's symptoms because, as I mentioned, some people's 'normal' is higher than others. But I know of no one who functions well if their numbers are at the low end.

You might try posting your lab results on the thyroid thread here and see what others say.

Concerning your inability to lose weight. When I began my weight loss journey, I was hypothyroid but undiagnosed and thus unmedicated--but I still was able to lose. Later on, I realized that I could only lose on very low calories because of a combination of age (post-menopausal) and the hypo (even medicated, I have a slower metabolism). That's when I came to JUDDD--to keep my daily calories (average of DD/UD) to <1000. I mention this because it's possible you need fewer calories than you realize in order to lose.

However, if your T3 is too low, that will impede loss as well. That value is the most critical in terms of weight loss or gain. To give you some idea of its power, my T3 'tanked' a few years ago and tested below the lab range. In two weeks, I gained 10 lbs, eating exactly as I had been to lose a pound a week. The T3 is that strong, so if yours is too low, that could be your problem.

Last edited by Leo41; 08-12-2010 at 07:19 AM..
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2010, 07:21 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Leo! Happy Birthday, and what a thoughtful family you have--

That banana ice cream is all I gave my kids growing up! They adored it--and sometimes I added extracts, etc to change the flavour--altho plain banana is great.

Jessica--many docs don't know that the low end of thyroid function can actually mean pathological functioning. Have you posted your thyroid numbers on the thyroid board here? You may get some different feedback --

Redeemed, nitenurse, shelly, sherrie, gina and new folks! Hi! Just popping in--Have a great day--

Ouis
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:42 AM   #153
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I have to chime in here too about the "low end of normal" hooey.

At the low end of normal I could barely drag myself through my day. First, I stopped losing and finally gained 20 lbs on the same diet that had lost me 75.

Did you get your RT3 tested? RT3 will "suck up" or "sweep away" what T3 you do have so it isn't available to be used by your cells, even if it is there in your blood count- kind of like insulin does with blood glucose.

Posting your lab numbers on the thyroid board like Ouis said is agreat idea.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #154
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Morning, friends. I'm feeling not so down this morning--I'm sorry about last night's desperate-sounding post.

I should clarify that I did run my numbers by the thyroid board. I did a healthcheck usa self-ordered thyroid panel, took my numbers over to the thyroid board, and the opinion seemed to be that I could maybe use some help (although I was within the lab range on all tests.) So I got the name of someone considered to be a "good guy," used by a member of thyroid board, and went to him. And I already told you the results of that--he was concerned about my nodules, but not too interested in my symptoms or my labs. I think none of it is far enough out of line to convince him I need meds.

And in all honesty--I don't feel ill. I told him I felt sluggish, dry, cold, etc., but when he asked if I felt sick, I couldn't lie. I don't feel sick. I feel fine.

He did point out that my negative tests don't mean that I don't have Hashi's--just that it isn't "swinging" in the hypo direction right now, but that next time I see him, it might be.

Anyway, I don't know that I haven't lost on JUDDD--haven't done a weigh-in yet. I will do that tomorrow after my down day today, for my two week experiment. If I haven't lost, I'll simply try taking my UD calories lower.

Once again--sorry for the despairing post yesterday. I'm back to my normal self today! I appreciate everyone's interest and support VERY MUCH. Thank you!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/242/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Had an interesting day yesterday. Kept expecting to get really hungry, but never did. Wound up drinking a cup of beef bullion at 11 PM so the salt will probably get me. 570 calories...I will try to do better tomorrow. Need to make some bone broth to sip on down days.

The calculator says my maintain calories are over 2000, that is just crazy. I gain at 1700-1800. I plan on trying this for 3-4 months to see if it works for me. That should be enough time to find the right calorie balance. If this works I will probably be here for life. LOL

Leo- Thanks for the info, you give me hope. I plan to keep my calories about where they have been for my up days at least to start (1200-1400). That should give me a pound loss a week on the Calories in/calories out scale. We will see. I am expecting wild daily fluctuation on the scale, but I have that anyway.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #156
Senior LCF member

Jessica-
I must say that I found that doctor's questions rather odd. I wasn't diagnosed until my symptoms were very severe, and only because I self-referred myself to a great endo who knew what she was doing. At no time, however, did I ever feel 'sick.' I felt increasingly fatigued--to the point that I knew there had to be something wrong--but 'sick'? No. In fact, since my primary kept insisting that it was all just 'aging,' I tended to believe him because I really didn't feel ill.

If you're feeling 'sluggish,' your symptoms may still be mild, but watch for major fatigue. By the way, this first endo told me that many of her patients arrive with severe symptoms and blood values that are still 'in range.' In fact, she began my meds without waiting for the test results--mainly because you have to begin very low to allow the body to adjust.

I've since learned that Hashimoto's often presents this way. The patient will have symptoms, including inability to lose weight, while the blood tests are all in range. It's called "subclinical hypothyroidism."

I'm not saying you need meds, but if your symptoms become more severe, see the doctor again. I wound up having TWO unnecessary surgeries for carpal tunnel--when that was just another hypo symptom. No one was 'connecting the dots.'

Sally-
Yes, the UD number that the calculator initially gave me was over 2000 cal, and I would have gained easily at that amount. I kept my UDs at 1400-1600, with 400 cal DDs, and that worked well for me--about a pound a week. Everyone has to find the UD # that works for that person. Most here eat much more on UDs than I do and lose fine.

About once every month or 6 weeks, I would have ONE high calorie UD--perhaps 2300 cal, and I found that helpful. I've read that it helps to keep the leptin levels from going too low. I don't know whether that's true or not, but I do know that following that high calorie day with a DD, and then back to my usual calories, I never experienced any 'stalls' in my 18 months on JUDDD.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #157
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Jessica, I live up in the Bay Area and see a great doc. The practice has another office down your way in Torrance (SoCal is actually the original and main office)....

Bioidentical Hormone Replacement, Fibromyalgia Symptoms, Thyroid Tratment, Fatigue | Holtorf Medical Group

They have a lot of good information on their site even if you don't go to see them.

I had carpal tunnel syndrome like Leo that has cleared up, plantar faciatis that seems to have disappered, I had chest/head congestion for months that my PCP said "must be allergies because no one can stay sick that long," and a whole host of other small ailmments that have gone away since I got my thyroid treated. I didn't ever really feel "sick" either though (with nothing else going on).
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:57 PM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, Gina. After I save my pennies again, I may pay them a visit.

I paid out of pocket for this guy I saw yesterday, and spent over a thousand dollars on office visits and tests, so I'm feeling a little leery of starting the cycle all over again.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Sally 651171i085p8my3i.gif
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:28 AM   #160
Senior LCF member

Effect of JUDDD? or Primal Eating?

Some of you may know that low carbers on the ML consistently write about being 'stalled' when they get close to goal weight. Personally, when I got below 200, I was terrified that I'd bounce back up because I've only been below 200 once in my adult life--and that was very briefly.

But since then, my loss has actually speeded up, which is contrary to what the 'experts' say should be happening.

At that time, I set my 'goal' at 175, assuming it would take quite a while to get there and I'd maintain for at least 6 months before deciding on going any lower.

But before I knew it, I was under 170. So I moved my goal to 165.

On Wednesday (my birthday), I was 163. That day with my banana "ice-cream" and a pint of blueberries (I normally don't eat fruit), my carbs were high, as were my calories (also indulged in almond butter). But after a DD on Thursday, I was 161.5 this morning.

JUDDD is supposed to reduce insulin resistance, and it seems to have done that for me because I used to be very sensitive to carbs--i.e., my critical level was about 20g. After Wednesday, I expected some 'water weight,' but that clearly didn't happen.

However, at about 210 lbs, I eliminated all grains (gluten) and dairy. I'm wondering whether my loss has speeded up because those things were a problem that I didn't realize (I ate little of both). I've read that if you have a 'sensitivity' to certain foods, eating them can slow weight loss.

Or is this all what happens with JUDDD--weight loss gets easier the longer you're on it?

Whatever the reason, I'm ecstatic!

Last edited by Leo41; 08-13-2010 at 03:31 AM..
Old 08-13-2010, 03:52 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

428270sh42acnblr.gif

Leo Congratulations on weight loss!

Monday is supposed to be my official weigh in, but I have been releasing so much water, I knew I had a weight loss. So, this morning I weighed, and am down three pounds so far this week. I tend to do quite well when I shake things up by switching plans - for the first week anyway. I really do prefer JUDDD, so Monday will be a free day and then back to JUDDD next Tuesday with a DD. I hope to be in the 30 Lb club on Monday. Every day feels like a DD on straight 1400 calories for me - so looking forward to getting back to JUDDD.

Happy JUDDDing everyone!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #162
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-
I'm pleased for you! I know you were frustrated without a loss, but I'll bet those 3 lbs were partially from your JUDDD time. The body often retains water to resist loss but has to drop it eventually, so it's not uncommon to see no loss, followed by a substantial loss (and 3lbs is substantial

I know what you mean about everyday seeming like a DD on restricted calories. That's the reason that I love JUDDD--the opportunity to eat well on UDs. What's odd is that my UDs have become progressively more satisfying on the lower calories that I eat, and I'm hoping that will make maintenance relatively easy. Unlike people who are looking for a 'break' from their plans when they get to goal, I've had regular 'breaks' all along with my UDs!
Old 08-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

So I went ahead and weighed today. Tomorrow is actually my two week anniversary, but since it would be following an up day, I figured today (the day after a DD) would be the best time. I am down 3 1/2 pounds.

I'll be honest and say that I was secretly fantasizing about a more spectacular loss--along the lines of the big 7-10 pound loss one gets on one's first Atkins induction, maybe. On the other hand, I was secretly fearing NO loss at all, like I've been experiencing for the last seven months of Atkins 72.

So I am pleased, and if I can lose even a half pound a week this way, I'll soldier on with JUDDD.

From this point on, I'll resume daily weighing and maybe the patterns I see will help me tweak things a bit better. Clearly, I can do better with up days, and that should help things move along.

Happy Friday, everyone.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:36 AM   #164
Senior LCF member

Jessica-
That's a great loss! Keep in mind that any scale number is only an approximation. I can weigh 2-3 lbs more later in the day--any day.

And if you've been low carbing, you can't expect a big 'induction-type' loss. As you must know, the 'loss' on Atkins induction is simply the release of glycogen stores from the muscles, a chemical reaction of ketosis. It is nice that it encourages people, but those who don't understand what's actually happening in their bodies get unrealistic expectations. Any loss above 2 lbs a week is considered 'unsafe,' and most of us rarely lose that much on a regular basis.

If you weigh daily, watch out for JUDDD fluctuations--they are larger than any I experienced at any other time. And keep in mind that by the time the food you ate actually shows up on the scale (digested, stored or not), you've probably forgotten what it was that you ate. It's not helpful to 'tweak' one's eating based on what the scale says on any given day.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:26 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Hello All

Jessica- 3.5 is a great loss. Like Leo said, you won't have a HUGE loss because you have already been doing low carb. Like you I have been stalled for months. Any move into new territory is a step forward.

Several times over the last few years I have made it to 227. That will be the real test for me. If I can get back to 227 and then keep dropping I will consider this a success.

Sneaked a peek at the scale this morning and saw 238.5 WooHoo. I know that probably won't stick, but it sure was nice to see something below 240.

Yesterday, my up day, I was not hungry. Wound up eating about 1000 calories. Hope this won't mess me up. I have not read the book and probably won't, so please tell me, is there a minimum calorie intake for up days? Also, how often are you supposed to have a medium day? Does it hurt to do 2 down days in a row? Looks like Sunday/Monday/Wednesday/Friday would be good down days for me. I am gone all day Sunday so that would be an easy day to mostly fast with maybe a shake or some broth. Otherwise I am stuck with fast food till evening.

It will take me awhile to get this figured out and I want to do it right. I guess day 3 is too soon to be on top of everything. Can you say "Control Freak" LOL
halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:33 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Redeemed-

Thank you for the welcome. Congrats on the loss.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:22 AM   #167
Senior LCF member

Sally-

You don't have to read the book but you should go to the JUDDD website and become familiar with this plan. You can't follow any eating plan effectively without understanding the principles involved.

You are NOT supposed to do two DDs in a row. The whole point of this cycling is to be able to do low calories without giving your body enough time to respond by slowing your metabolism. According to Dr. J, it takes the body about 36-48 hours to react, so by limiting DDs to a single day at a time, the plan is most effective.

That's why some of us do 'medium days.' While not officially part of the plan, Dr. J recommends them for people (like me) who prefer to keep standard DDs (mine are M, W, Fri) OR who would like to change the alternation for an event. For example, if I want to make a Friday an UD, I can change Thursday to a 'medium' day, followed by a Friday DD and a Saturday UD. I could do two UDs in a row, but you lose better by lowering one of them to a MD. So each weekend, I have a MD on either Saturday or Sunday (whichever works best with my social plans) so that Monday can be a true DD.

I think that 1000 cal is too low for an UD--that's my typical MD. Keep in mind that your DD/UD 'average' is what your body is experiencing as your standard calorie intake. If you did a 500 cal DD and a 1000 cal. UD, then your body is getting 750 cal daily. No one should have that low an intake without direct medical supervision, IMO.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Congrats leo, jessica, redeemed and sally on your losses!!! That is totally awesome!

I will weight tomorrow and hopefully that lb i gained last week will be gone.

I have had a great DD today. I had my eas protein shake for breakfast, some of my snackies later on and a bowl of my chicken soup for lunch. I will have another bowl of soup for dinner later.

I havent done MD's at all. I just do mon/wed/fri DD's for now and the rest are UD's. When and if i get to 135 i will adjust. I decided that i think i can go to 135 and look good since i am working out and jogging and everything. I was worried about getting that low because the last time i went to 135 i didnt look good but i didnt do it the right way. I had some stress going on and wasnt eating. I looked pale and lost some muscle. This time its different. I am losing but still keeping my muscle in tact because i am still working otu and i still eat good, even on DD's i eat protein and plenty of veggies so im gonna try it and see what happens. I need to lose 3lbs to get there. That can be the toughest i tell ya!

And still no grandbaby!!!! She is just miserable too. Poor thing. She has really dropped and is having slight contractions all the time so i feel for her. And especially being that miserable in this heat makes things so much worse.

I'm off to the mall with my mom for a few. She has to get her contacts changed out. She is doing great! She will weigh tomorrow but so far has lost 15lbs. She is looking really good. I can really tell in her face and in her upper body. We are both pear shaped so lose first up top of course. I hate that!!! I want my boobies back!!!LOL

Have a good evening adn i will be back on later.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Jessica and Sally Congratulations on weight loss! 736345xys1961mlm.gif

I want to share with you a great find. I do not like low fat or fat free salad dressings at all. However, when I was in the health food store I found something called Greek Yogurt Dip (Thai Three Peppers) by Santa Barbara Bay. Oh my!!! Absolutely delicious. 60 calories for 2 TBS. This tasts like full fat gourmet salad dressing. I hope you get a chance to try this.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

I think i am going to check out some of the walden farms products. Have you guys tried any of them? I really would love to be able to eat a salad on my DD sometime for dinner. Walden farms makes all of these 0 cal salad dressings. I am just wondering if they taste decent. They also have 0 cal peanut butter? Kinda weird but it has good reviews. My healthfood store carries a few of their products and im thinking about trying one of the dressings to see if they are decent.

Leo, i am also going to get some egg beaters i think. I like your idea of using them. They are less calories. 1/4 cup is only 30 cals so i could make a good size omelet with some veggies for dinner or for breakfast.

I cant wait to make that soup this weekend. Im gonna buy everything i need tomorrow and i will let everyone know how it turns out. I am getting hooked on making soups. They are wonderful to make on the weekend and portion them out. I dont even have to think about what im gonna eat, just grab a bowl and my protein shake and im set for work. I love that! I think im gonna try making some homemade nut butter tomorrow too with my hand blender chopper. I want to try pecan butter!!! YUMMY!

Its been a good DD. Im not even hungry, which is a great feeling. I know i will probably get that in the middle of the night. Happens everytime but then i will wake up tomorrow not hungry. Still boggles my mind...lol

Have a good evening and a good weekend everyone!
Old 08-13-2010, 08:51 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

I went a little over again 535 calories. I will get it figured out eventually.
2.8 oz loin chop
11 oz squash/onion
3 oz lettuce
sm can tuna 90 cal
1 oz cheese
1 oz mushrooms
walden farms dressing (bacon)

The Walden Farms Dressing was ok. Today was the first time I ate it. Saw it at my little local store and thought I would try it. Not super yummy, but it will do for DD. I will probably try the other flavors too.

Hubby requested flat-bread pizza tomorrow so my up day should have ample calories.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:20 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning everyone! I have had my UD breakfast and coffee with hwc...yummy!

I have got to get me a scale. Here it is again and i have eaten and have had coffee and havent been able to weigh. Im getting one today i think. I decided i would keep it out in my SO's mancave so i didnt have it looking at me all the time in the bathroom and that way i will just get on it once a week hopefully. I got rid of it before because it became too much of an obsession getting on it all the time and made me crazy! I'm not one that can deal with those daily fluctuations easily so i knew i just needed to quit weighing for awhile.

I'm about to go to a wonderful coffee shop with my mom and have a breve latte there. We are gonna stop at the healthfood store on the way back adn ill think ill pick up a bottle or 2 of the Walden farms dressing to check it out. It will be something nice to have for DD so i can have salad. I dont care about cheese or meat on it just having a nice big bowl of salad greens with some spinach and dressing and i will be in heaven!

Be back later, im still gonna weigh today but i dont know how accurate it will be.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:30 AM   #173
Senior LCF member

Shelly-
The Walden Farms items are uneven--some are quite good; others are just awful. I think with their salad dressings, you just have to try to see if you like any particular one--that can be expensive! A lot of their things have a 'chemical' taste that is terrible.

I don't usually eat salad on DDs, but the few times I did, I mixed up a 'dressing' from low calorie items--along with water--e.g., ACV, mustard, hot sauce, lemon juice. I just put things together 'to taste,' and it was a lot better than any of the low calorie things I've tried.

If I were you, I would avoid their peanut butter! I tried it when it first came out, and I pride myself on being able to eat anything, but that went into the garbage! If you're seeing good reviews, they must be written by Walden Farms executives because the stuff is truly awful.

Sally-

Do you plan your food in advance for DDs? That's the only way that I can keep my calorie counts consistent. I plan what I'm going to eat the day before. This way I also don't have to think about food on my DD--which, for me, can cause hunger I usually give myself a 50 cal option--i.e., plan something that I can add if I am truly hungry--but stay under my calorie limit. Most often I don't have to use my option at all, but it's nice to know it's there.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:18 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Hi to all my Juddd buddies and new Juddders!
I have been away for way too long and miss you all. I have been crazy busy with work, summer travel and have been eating terribly and not exercising enough.

Leo! Happy belated birthday and CONGRATULATIONS on hitting and (and surpassing) goal. I had a hunch that when I finally got back to this board, I would find you at goal and i was right! Your story is a testament to perseverence and to JUDDD as a viable plan.

Back in the saddle for me, and not a moment too soon. Feeling bloated, very menopausal, sluggish, etc. and like Michelle, looking to this group for the inspiration that has helped me in the past. I just gotta stick with it!

I am looking forward to that good feeling I get when I am sticking to JUDDD.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone.

Shelly I tried a couple of Waldon Farms products when I was doing low carb. I will say I'm not a fan, and leave it at that. However, some people obviously enjoy their products otherwise they wouldn't stay in business.

I weighed again this am - up two pounds. This is ridiculous! My doctor ordered my thyroid tests so I can go in anytime. I am going to e-mail her some information first on Reverse T3, and ask her to include that also. I made vegetable soup this am without the vegetable or chicken broth to conserve on sodium. I used asparagus, carrots, zucchini and 3 small peppers, salt, pepper, garlic and an onion. After pureeing, I added two cups of coconut milk. I could definitely tell the difference without the broth. The soup was good but a little bland. The next time I will add another onion and more garlic. I'm guessing that a cup of soup that I make is 50 calories at the most.

BTW: There is a new poster on the board named Redeemed2010. Just thought I'd let you know so you don't think she's me.

Last edited by Redeemed; 08-14-2010 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 08-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Snaggle Welcome back!!! I have always enjoyed your posts, and definitely missed you. I hope you find success this time around with JUDDD. I start again on Tuesday after a week of straight 1400 calories. I think JUDDD is more enjoyable. Looking forward to more of your posts!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:42 AM   #177
Senior LCF member

Snaggle-

Great to see you back; you were missed! Yes, I know that feeling of a good DD after being away a while, and I hope you feel better soon. I think I'm about to raise my DD calories just in time because last week on the morning following a DD, my BP was so low that I felt ill. Even after breakfast with coffee, it was still too low, and it was mid-morning before it was high enough for me to feel normal. I think my body is telling me to stop and maintain for a while, much as I'd like to see the 150s!

Redeemed-

Didn't you just report a loss yesterday? I ask because I get enormous fluctuations on JUDDD, which is why I try to only weigh once a week. You could be reacting to something that is a non-issue--i.e., you really haven't 'gained.' That's the danger of weighing too frequently. We women are especially prone to water retention, and even when my rings are not tight (i.e., I don't think I'm bloated), I can be retaining 4-5 lbs of water.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Leo Yes. Yesterday down 3 pounds, today up 2. I should have known better too. Once a week weighing is all I need. Otherwise emotional roller coaster syndrome.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #179
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the good thoughts and kind words, everyone. Welcome, Sally, and welcome back Snaggle. (I feel silly welcoming anyone, since I'm a "n00b" myself, hee hee. )

Leo, I'm am WELL familiar with the hazards of daily weighing, but having been alerted to the fact that it's even more erratic with this eating style, maybe I will just keep the weighing in at once or twice a week. Thanks for the heads-up. I don't want to put my fragile feelings of success at risk.

Yesterday I was out ALL day long, and ate all three meals at restaurants. I started with a breakfast meeting for the board of my women's club, made a long trek with my daughter to Santa Monica for an all-day "adventure" at the Third Street Promenade, and then the two of us met the hubs for dinner on the way home. I tried to consciously be thoughtful of my eating and keep the brakes on all day, but restaurant food is so risky, as we all know. Who knows what's in there? So I didn't even consider weighing today.

I don't want to have any more of those unplanned, out-of-control feeling UDs. They make me feel alarmed, and I'm sure they are slowing my progress. I had a couple during the first two weeks, and I'll bet my losses could've been better without them. Fortunately, summer will be over soon and life will settle back into a routine. I love routine.

Today is a DD, and I love DDs. They seem to restore order to my world. Hubs has to go into his work for a while today, and my plan for the day is housework. Everything here is a mess and that just adds to the out-of-control feeling I get. I find that keeping my eating structured is easier when the rest of my life is also calm and in order.

But hey, sometimes life is a messy business, no?

Have a great Saturday, friends.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back Snaggle. I will be glad to read your posts since im fairly new myself.

I weighed at my moms and was the same as last week so really i probably lost about a 1 lb which im ok with. I had eaten breakfast, eggs and sausage and had drank a buttload of coffee so im about 137 i think. Im good with that. I really have to get a scale today and a digital one. Im going to walmart later and am definitely going to pick one up. It would be nice to weigh first thing saturday morning.

I went to the healthfood store and picked up some walden farms ranch dressing. Its not too bad. Its thinner than normal ranch but i always add water to my ranch anyway so that doesnt bother me. It does taste a little different but it will ok i think. I will enjoy having a big salad of greens on a DD for dinner. My mom got some of the PB and we tried it and its ok. I dont know if i would eat much of it. But trying it maybe on some celery might not be too bad. My awesome find was metromint water. Its water with the essence of chocolate mint. OMG! It is so good! I need to go back and buy a case of this stuff! They were 1.50 per bottle so not a bad price. 0 cals and 0 carbs. I am in love with this stuff! Im going to the store later to pick up stuff for a soup. I am making a couple of chicken leg quarters in the crock pot today and will probalby add just a little bit of chicken to the soup. I like having some meat but im not gonna do both of them, maybe 1 at the most. Im going to do my own version of the recipe redeemed posted. I cant wait to make it and try it out. It will do me the whole week im sure. I also was able to get some unsweetened coconut milk so was very excited to find that. They didnt have the unsweetened almond breeze. I can only find it on netrition and may buy some at some point. The coconut milk has 50 cals and 1 carb per cup so not bad at all!!!! Im gonna use that in my soup and will use it for coffee on DD's. Im sure it wont be near as good as hwc or half and half but it will work and i may play with making some protein shakes with it too.

Here it is an UD and i havent been that hungry! I have eaten breakfast and just now had a hot link and a few almonds. Its sad that nothing really sounds good...lol

Be back later! Have a good saturday everyone!