Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 12:55 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Leo
Blue Diamond
Almond Breeze Unsweetened, Original
32 fl. oz.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 8 fl oz
Servings Per Container: about 4

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 40

Calories From Fat 30

Total Fat 3 g 5%

Saturated Fat 0 g 0%

Trans Fat 0 g

Cholesterol 0 mg 0%

Sodium 180 mg 8%

Potassium 190 mg 5%

Total Carbohydrates 2 g 1%

Dietary Fiber 1 g 4%

Sugars 0 g

Show Net Carbs
Net Carbs
Minus Fiber 1 g

Protein 1 g

Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 20%
Iron 2%
Vitamin D 25%
Vitamin E 50%
Phosphorus 4%
Magnesium 4%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Made with real almonds.

Ingredients: Purified water, almonds, tapioca starch, calcium carbonate, sea salt, potassium citrate, carrageenan, soy lecithin, natural flavor, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin D2 and d-alpha-tocopherol (natural vitamin E).

Recommended Use: After opening, keep refrigerated and use within 7-10 days.

Warning: NOT FOR USE AS AN INFANT FORMULA.

This product may contain traces of nuts.

If you notice any errors in the information above, please let us know. If you have further questions about this product, please contact Blue Diamond at 1-800-987-2329

Last edited by Redeemed; 08-03-2010 at 12:56 PM..
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #32
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Redeemed-
I'm not wild about the additions, but I think they're basically harmless. To save calories and cost, I'd probably use it. I eat so simply these days that I haven't bought any in a long time and really have no need. I've never really eaten much in terms of cream soup. I find I'm happy with just the pureed vegetables.

Do you have a place where you can get bulk almond fairly cheaply? Unless you do, I think it would be really expensive to make your own.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Hi all! Well, my first (for the umpteenth time) DD went very well yesterday. But then, all of my first DDs have gone very well! I did have some tummy growling and figuring how to keep enough fat within the caloric range is a bit tricky. As I mentioned, fat as opposed to protein keeps me fuller. I swear my jeans already feel a wee bit looser today, especially in the one leg since my right leg is a bit .. ah .. meatier than my left. Bugs the crapola outa me!

Leo - That's great about you endo, especially approving of JUDDD! I, too, would love to see some pics! I haven't seen just a whole lot of JUDDD losers here or anywhere else, just seen the before/after numbers.

Hello everyone else - hope you have a wonderful evening!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:43 PM   #34
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-
All your talk of soup got me to make some tonight for the first time in a while. I had some homemade chicken broth in the freezer, and I added my vinegar and hot sauce the way I do. Then I pureed a bag of frozen broccoli (100 cal) --defrosted first, of course, with the soup. It was totally impromptu but tasted quite good. I had a small bowl (30 cal max), and it was quite filling. I had forgotten how filling soup can be. I'll definitely have a bowl tomorrow during my DD!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hi all....still read this thread on a daily basis and feel like one of the group even though haven't participated in AGES! Great to see so many newbies here in the last few weeks.

Well, I accomplished a DD today, with 50 calories to spare (although it's still at least 3 hours til bedtime). I hit a new low for me (VFT...about 10 years) about 3 weeks ago and have been waffling back and forth about 3lb ever since without really losing anything more. I would really like to accomplish two weeks of induction with JUDD and then up my DD's by 100-200 calories. I have SUCH a hard time limiting myself to 500 calories, but really would love the health advantages of activating that gene (for inflammation purposes mainly).

Hopefully my social obligations won't screw me up too much this week and gonna try for T-Th-Sat DD's. I know I've had a hard time with UD's in the past and going way overboard, but feeling more in control this time with my eating. I think it's a change in attitude mostly....losing slowly and treating my plateaus as "pretend maintenance" rather than sabotaging myself and giving up.

Have always loved this group and glad to see everyone doing so well. Leo...you still astound me and can't believe you're ready for maintenance here pretty soon. I've been your cheerleader in "lurkdom" all along!
Redeemed...been keeping track of your blog and progress and your consistency has been a big motivator too! Hoping to be able to do 2 weeks of 500 calorie DD's and then tweak the plan a little to suit my needs.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Leo I just got back from the healthfood store and bought a carton of coconut milk. It has 50 calories for 8 oz. and no soy. The ingredients looked a little less intimidating than the almond milk. I'll put this in my next soup of rainbow chard, beets and spinach. I don't know why, but I like a little milk in my soup. I also need the Vit. D, and coconut milk has more than the almond milk. I need to quit "talking" about soup. Most people that know me know that I can turn an issue inside-out. Anyway, I am enjoying my DD's.

Sherrie So glad you're back with us (even t hough you never left)! Congratulations on your recent weight loss.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Heck, Redeemed, I love hearing about your soups! It's inspiring me to cook some up!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Heck, Redeemed, I love hearing about your soups! It's inspiring me to cook some up!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
hey Leo!

I'm going on a cruise to Alaska in a couple of weeks, and am beginning to worry about how to handle all the food. I remembered that you had recently had a couple of cruises. Any advice for me?

Ouis
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:04 AM   #40
Senior LCF member

Hi Sherrie-
So glad to see that you're still losing. And I think your idea of "pretend maintenance" is great. The positive thing about any plateau is that you're not gaining.

I can't believe my situation myself! We can do these DDs together because I'm trying to do two good weeks of <500 cal DDs before I try maintenance. While I was on my cruise, I didn't do any DDs--just kept my calories in check each day, and after I returned, my DDs were uneven, so I want to insure that I've got a good basis for raising those DD calories by doing 2 weeks first. I count Monday, 2 August as my first of the series and plan 14 August as the last one.

Redeemed-
When I go to the supermarket later this week, I'll look for coconut milk. It's a big deal with the Primal eating group, but I haven't tried it. Thanks for the tip.

Ouis-
I did an Alaska cruise as a retirement present to myself and really enjoyed it. Here's my cruise experience--I've done about 7 or 8 cruises, and except for the last two, I always gained 5-7 lbs on a week-long cruise even though I stayed low carb. I know that was because meals are a form of 'entertainment' on cruises, and I was eating 3 solid meals a day--far more calories than I need. Since all the food is already paid for, it's almost heresy to skip a meal on a cruise!

In February, I cruised for 2 weeks with a good friend who has been at optimum weight all her life, and she just didn't eat when she wasn't hungry. I followed her example, and we usually had about 2 meals a day, sometimes just one. But we were totally satisfied. I ate low carb (because I prefer it), but I didn't deprive myself and had really big breakfasts. I had hoped to just maintain (not gain!) and actually came home 2 lbs lighter.

On this last cruise with my sister and niece who attend every meal--and also snack a lot, I followed my February plan and skipped meals if I wasn't hungry. I ate more calories than I do at home and even had some ice cream a few times, yet I came home down a pound (again, I just wanted to maintain).

For me, the key to cruise eating is not to get absorbed in the food aspect (as many people do). I decided that what I truly love about cruises is the relaxation, seeing new places, and being pampered by all the service. There are so many food choices that I really never feel that I'm depriving myself, and the bonus is that by eating to my needs (rather than overeating), I feel my best throughout the vacation.

Sorry if this sounds like a sermon--but this really was a revelation to me--that I could vacation, have a great time, and NOT gain weight!

Enjoy your cruise!!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:20 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

_2096035a0fsxt0umn.gif Good morning everyone!

Leo In reading a bout how you dealt with food on your most recent cruises, I'm impressed with the fact that a person doesn't have to eat alot to "live well" and enjoy themselves. I haven't tried the coconut milk yet, but a lot of peeps on LCF's seem to like it.

UD for me. I have all my food prepared and calories in check. I have a 14 hour shift, so everything I'm going to eat today will be within my work day. One nice thing about my long shifts is that I only eat the food I bring, so there's no chance of going off plan for the day.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:09 AM   #42
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-

I used to think it was easier on DDs to be home where I could easily control things, but now that I volunteer on Wednesdays (a DD), I agree with you that it can be easier being away from home. Since I'm only there 4 hours, I don't bring any food with me (I can get water and coffee there). I eat a lot as usual in the morning (about 200 cal), and when I get home, I'll usually have another 100-150 cal, and that leaves me satisfied for the day.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:22 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, everyone. I'm having my coffee and preparing to embark upon my third Down Day. I'm surprised at myself for actually looking forward to these down days. They feel so...purposeful, maybe, although my spell check says that's not even a word! Anyway, as I begin to feel a bit of rhythm with this eating style, I sense that I'm going to like it very, very much. It absolutely nixes the boredom factor that's a part of any limited eating plan!

A question: many of you have mentioned using M/W/F as your DDs, which is how mine will fall out this week. But in order to have it come out that way every week, do you do two Up Days across the weekend? That sounds scary/risky to me? But I like the idea of instantly knowing, as you plan your life, which day of the week will be an UD and which a DD.

I've also heard some mention of Medium Days. What is this, exactly, and how do you fit it into your plan?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has time to discuss this a bit, and I'm off to VBS!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-04-2010, 09:35 AM   #44
Senior LCF member

Hi Jessica-
I've done MWF DDs from the beginning because I'd be too confused otherwise! Also, I swim, and my pool days are Tues, Thurs, Sun, and I don't want to work out on DDs.

I use one of the weekend days as a "medium day," depending on my schedule. A MD is the average of your UD/DD. For example, for most of my weight loss journey on JUDDD, my DD was 400 cal, and my UD 1400. I divided the 1800 by 2, and my MD was 900.

By the way, you can also do a MD when you need to switch your DD. For example, this Christmas was on a Friday, but I wanted that to be an UD, so rather than have an UD on Thursday, I made it a MD, and then did an UD on Christmas and a DD on the following day (Saturday).
Old 08-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Jessica, I'm one DD behind you. Hasn't been bad at all. I was reading where the ACV drink helps quelch the appetite and until today, I haven't really seen that happen. Don't know yet if it does - for me - but it does seem to be helping today.

I had the other half of the chicken breast I had Monday for lunch. I'm working my way into a Fast 5 type of eating on my DDs as I'd rather have those glorious 500 calories in the evening. Will probably have the rest of the roasted squash for dinner and yogurt for a snack.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Hi Jessica-
I've done MWF DDs from the beginning because I'd be too confused otherwise! Also, I swim, and my pool days are Tues, Thurs, Sun, and I don't want to work out on DDs.

I use one of the weekend days as a "medium day," depending on my schedule. A MD is the average of your UD/DD. For example, for most of my weight loss journey on JUDDD, my DD was 400 cal, and my UD 1400. I divided the 1800 by 2, and my MD was 900.

By the way, you can also do a MD when you need to switch your DD. For example, this Christmas was on a Friday, but I wanted that to be an UD, so rather than have an UD on Thursday, I made it a MD, and then did an UD on Christmas and a DD on the following day (Saturday).
Makes complete sense. Thank you!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Just dropping by to record my DD food intake:

B: 1 Atkins breakfast bar, 140 calories
L: 1 c. iceberg lettuce with 1 slice lunch meat ham and one slice lunch meat turkey, 100 calories
D: 2 fat free franks, 2 wasa wafers with 2 laughing cow lites, 220 calories

Feeling just fine, no real hunger feelings today! (Of course, I spent the afternoon in the dentist's chair, so I had other body parts than my stomach to worry about.)
Old 08-05-2010, 02:31 AM   #48
Senior LCF member

Vanilla Latte-

I suspect that it's not the ACV, and you don't have to 'drink' it--but this may only be my experience.

I posted long ago that to flavor my homemade broth, I add both vinegar (any kind) and hot sauce--mainly because I liked the taste. And I discovered that it was exceptionally filling--no appetite after that.

I haven't had any broth in a long time, but this week I made some broccoli soup and added my vinegar and hot sauce and noticed the same thing--it was SO very filling. Yesterday's DD was just 300 cal, and I'd normally be hungry going to bed, but my 'last meal' was a cup of that soup, and I experienced no hunger at all the rest of the day/evening.

My point is that the addition of vinegar to soup (or any sauce) might provide the same appetite suppression that you experience with the ACV.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:53 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

593568p887g2dyd0.gif Good morning everyone!

Jessica I remember posting in the beginning of my JUDDD journey that I didn't mind my strict UD/DD rotation that I do because there was "a rhythm to it." So I know what you mean. I need the four DD's a week because my UD calories are higher than most who do JUDDD on this thread. I also feel more in control with my routine.

Vanilla I have never heard that ACV was an appetite suppresant, but I have had it in Leo's broth, and it was very satisfying.

Our church conferences start at 7 PM tonight, so I'm going to wait until 5:00 PM to eat so I can enjoy the service without feeling hungry.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:48 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
DD #2 for me today....will be away from home all day and have my food packed with me so that should make it easier. Hubby is away for the next few days and that will make it hard! I tend to be a closet or sneak eater, especially at night while watching TV alone, so will have to be really disciplined!!

My computer has crashed and using an unfamiliar laptop here, so probably won't be posting much. Have a good day all!
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:17 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hi everyone! I'm still here! I'm doing really well with this WOE. Today is a MD. I've been doing 3 DDs and 3 UDs and one MD. The weekend was actually good. We went to the casino though the other day and I had a few drinks. I was up a few pounds and quickly lost them on the following DD.

I've started eating some fruit and veggies. Just an apple a day and veggies every now and then. Also on my UD, I've eaten LC yogurt. Its not affecting my weight loss.

Have a good day! BBL

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:19 AM   #52
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-
Just keep in mind that the 'habit' of eating at night, especially while watching TV is just that--a habit. And habits can be broken. I find the best thing to do is give myself something to keep busy while I'm watching TV until I break that habit--e.g., sewing or knitting (keeps hands occupied)--of even exercising or cleaning. I have a TV in my bedroom, and my closets and drawers can always use some attention.

If it's not possible, then give yourself something to snack on that can't hurt--celery or cucumber (both self-limiting:-)--OR only liquids--e.g., hot tea.
You can do this! I know because eating and watching TV used to be a great pastime of mine, and now I don't even think about eating while I'm watching TV (I worked at breaking the habit because those mindless calories really add up).

Redeemed-
Are you sure about that coconut milk? There was only one brand in my supermarket this morning, and it was an 8 oz. can, but it listed 93 cal for 2 oz! I just noticed that Netrition carries a different brand, but they list 100 cal for 1/4 cup. Too many calories for me without enough nutritional bonus.

Last edited by Leo41; 08-05-2010 at 07:21 AM..
Old 08-05-2010, 07:50 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy Glad you're doing so well on JUDDD! Good idea to add fruit and veggies!

Sherrie So nice to have you back posting! Have you tried snacking on sliced cucumbers? I had a couple the last DD with a little sea salt. I had forgotten how delicious and refreshing they were.

Leo The brand of coconut milk I bought is called So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage - soy free - dairy free. The label on the back of the carton states 50 calories for 1 cup (240 ml), and 1 carbohydrate. This has a lot of B12, Vit. D and other vitamins. I don't mean to insult your intelligence but just in case you weren't sure, 1 cup is 8 oz.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:14 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Leo Here's the label f rom the carton of coconut milk:

Nutrition Facts
Servings Size 1 cup (240mL)
Servings Per Container 8

Amount Per Servings

Calories 50 Calories from Fat 50

% Daily Values*

Total Fat 5g 8%

Saturated Fat 5g† 25%

Trans Fat 0g

Cholesterol 0g 0%

Sodium 15mg 1%
Potassium 65mg 2%

Total Carbohydrate 1g 0%

Dietary Fiber 0g 0%

Sugar 0g

Protein1g

• Vitamin A 10% • Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 10% • Iron 4%
Vitamin D 30% • Folate 6%
• Vitamin b12 50% • Magnesium 10%
Zinc 4% • Selenium 8%

†Comprised of 65% medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs)

INGREDIENTS: Coconut Cream (Water, Coconut, Guar Gum), Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Phosphate, Carrageenan, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D-2, L-Selenomethionine (Selenium), Zinc Oxide, Folic Acid, Vitamin B-12.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:43 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

I found this on the website called The Coconut Research Center:

They have a section for research that they state has published studies that support the following benefits of coconut:

Kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other illnesses.

Kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, and other diseases.

Kills fungi and yeasts that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections.

Expels or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites.

Provides a nutritional source of quick energy.

Boosts energy and endurance, enhancing physical and athletic performance.

Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.

Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose.

Relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body.

Reduces symptoms associated with pancreatitis.

Helps relieve symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes.

Reduces problems associated with malabsorption syndrome and cystic fibrosis.

Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth.

Helps protect against osteoporosis.

Helps relieve symptoms associated with gallbladder disease.

Relieves symptoms associated with Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers.

Improves digestion and bowel function.

Relieves pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids.

Reduces inflammation.

Supports tissue healing and repair.

Supports and aids immune system function.

Helps protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers.

Is heart healthy; improves cholesterol ratio reducing risk of heart disease.

Protects arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis and thus protects against heart disease.

Helps prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay.

Functions as a protective antioxidant.

Helps to protect the body from harmful free radicals that promote premature aging and degenerative disease.

Does not deplete the body's antioxidant reserves like other oils do.

Improves utilization of essential fatty acids and protects them from oxidation.

Helps relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome.

Relieves symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement).

Reduces epileptic seizures.

Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infections.

Dissolves kidney stones.

Helps prevent liver disease.

Is lower in calories than all other fats.

Supports thyroid function.

Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate.

Is utilized by the body to produce energy in preference to being stored as body fat like other dietary fats.

Helps prevent obesity and overweight problems.

Applied topically helps to form a chemical barrier on the skin to ward of infection.

Reduces symptoms associated the psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis.

Supports the natural chemical balance of the skin.

Softens skin and helps relieve dryness and flaking.

Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots.

Promotes healthy looking hair and complexion.

Provides protection form damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation form the sun.

Helps control dandruff.

Does not form harmful by-products when heated to normal cooking temperature like other vegetable oils do.

Has no harmful or discomforting side effects.

Is completely non-toxic to humans.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love that So Delicious coco milk--it is more of a carb bargain than almond milk! and lowcal to boot--more fat than almond milk however. I made a great chai latte this morning with davinci chai syrup, vanilla protein powder, and So Delicious. Blend and then microwave. heaven.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Ouis Yum! How do you come up with this stuff? A latte' would be perfect for the coconut milk. That sounds really good. I tasted the coconut milk and wasn't at all impressed. I don't think I could drink it plain. But it will be great for recipes like yours and cooking. What I did like was the consistency - which was like cream, So I decided after all to make some soup this am because I had so many veggies in the fridge (beets, chard, carrots, onion, celery, small yellow, orange, red, purple peppers, spinach). Cooked all in low sodium vegetable broth, pureed and added 2 cups of the coconut milk. It is so delicious. Food Heaven for sure!

Last edited by Redeemed; 08-05-2010 at 09:19 AM..
Old 08-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #58
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-

I'm not doubting you. I just wanted to point out that what's available here and at Netrition isn't So Delicious but much higher in calories. I'll be on the lookout for So Delicious because it seems like something that would be nice to have on hand.

By the way, please don't accept as gospel what the "Coconut Research Center" lists as benefits. On the internet, you need to be wary of those with an agenda. Coconut oil and milk and water have become a 'religion' on the Primal Blueprint website, mainly from these sites. I really not believe it's the magic elixir that it purports to be.

I loved coconut oil (fell for the fad on LCF) but all it did was rapidly elevate my LDL. I've been just fine without it.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

leo--the So Delicious is in the refrigerated section in milk cartons--not cans.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Leo You are so right about agendas when it comes to advertising products. For sure coconut benefits have been glamorized. While I'm sure the coconut has many benefits, I am well-aware it is not the panacea it is made out to be.

ETA: However, I'm so glad I found this as I think it is going to be great for cooking. Thanks to Quis I'm drinking a maple latte as I type this!

Last edited by Redeemed; 08-05-2010 at 10:04 AM..