Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 07:22 AM   #391
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Redeemed-
Congratulations on the loss! Yes, the way our bodies choose to lose is really mysterious, and it really helps to be patient and stay on track.

I think you don't have problems with fruit because you eat it regularly. That is, you don't eat as low carb as I do, so a 'binge' on fruit such as I had is as much shock to my body as if I'd binged on ice cream--I don't eat either fruit or ice cream. (And I'm sure you don't 'binge' on your morning fruit, either.)

If I just limit myself to a 'portion' of something carby, it usually doesn't bother me. That's why I like to have my 'indulgences' in single portion servings so that I'm not tempted to overdo it, as I did with the fruit.

This is all about learning from experience, but, unfortunately, I'm a very slow learner when it comes to food issues
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2010, 09:01 AM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
I just love my new avatar! He is such a cutie isnt he? Thanks to all that said so. Pride and joy you know. And its nice to be able to give them back to mommy...lol

Leo, I still do under 500 on DD's. I enjoy it so much. And this way i can increase my UD's a little and still not gain. I have been averaging about 1600 to 1800 on UD's. I had that one day of 2000 last weekend with that darn ranch dressing from Mazzios...lol It didnt hurt me though, thank goodness. You are right about maintenance really being harder than the actual losing. We have a goal when we are losing and when thats gone its very easy to get complacent and lazy with our eating. I have only been able to keep this off by just knowing my body so well and being very obsessive about it. I havent been a weigher at all so i just know when i begin to start gaining by the way i feel and i start cutting things back, usually with going to induction levels for awhile. With JUDDD I dont have to do that and can still maintain and thats why this woe is so fascinating and wonderful to me. Those DD's really help to keep everything balanced and not feel so deprived. I dont even feel deprived on DD's becuase i know the next day i can eat but since i have also found things to eat on DD's that make me happy i dont feel deprived in the least. I really feel im eating much healthier now than i ever have. I have always been scared to death to add to many veggies because of the carbs and now i can have my veggies and still eat the meat i crave so much on UD's. Its a wonderful combination of both worlds i think.

Congrats on the losses this last week. And leo you will get that few lbs off really quickly. You have been doing this so long and are our hero with this woe. I think you might ought to think about going back to your low DD's and upping your UD's a little, staying lowcarb of course. You might try it and see how that works. I dont think i could do the 600 or 700 either at this point. Im just to used to what to eat on eating below 500 that i think it would be hard to change that up.

I also love the idea of the little man shoveling fat!!! That is so awesome! I try to picture him now when im hungry. And i do think tom is right around the corner for me. I'm thinking about food way to much already today and that is a sure sign. So i have some coconut bark in the freezer right now and im going to get me some pork rinds at the store in a little bit so ill have something crunchy and salty to much on. I can feel the munchies are going to be strong today.

Have a good weekend everyone!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
redeemed WTG on your loss. I hear you about the 14hour days. You never know whats going to happen in your day.

Leo I think you are right that the weight gain is water due to the fruit. I am curious if next week you will see a new low.

Tonight is my first date night (with husband) since starting. We r going out with friends to dinner and cocktails. My plan is to eat in moderation. I like that nothing is off limits and have a choice. So far my UD's have been lower in carbs. I am hoping that I can endulge a bit and not feel guilty or like I have gone off the plan. I am curious to see how my body will react to the meal/drinks this week.

How long before the skinny switch gets turned on?? Do you feel something differant??
Old 08-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Here is my soup i am making this week. I love making all of these wonderful soups!

1 16oz bag brocolli/cauli mix
8oz frozen spinach
3 medium zucchini
1/2 onion
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cups chicken broth
1 bag pictsweet sliced frozen squash

Cook all ingredients in a big pot except for the squash until soft. Puree everything together and add the squash at the end and heat until squash is thawed. I love doing this with the squash. It gives something to actually eat in the soup. And i like to make it thick so i feel like im really eating something. I put it into daily plate and its 250 cals for the whole pot. I will make 5 or 6 servings out of it depending on how much it makes. This will be great to take to work for lunch everyday. I think the tomatoes will be a nice addition. I havent used tomatoes before so ill be anxious to see how that turns out. Since im using diced tomatoes i may actually wait until i puree everythign and then add the tomatoes so they are still a little chunky. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I think i may try adding cabbage next week and see how that will turn out. Maybe cabbage instead of spinach. HMMMM the possibilities are just endless!!!!

Jodi have fun on date night with hubby! Thats always so much fun!
Old 08-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/244/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Hello All-

There's a lot going on here this morning. I wound up having steak and shrimp for supper last night and that put me up around 2000 calories for the day. Huge for me. My body seems to like this way of eating and is still maintaining the loss from earlier this week. I have not had my normal rebound water gain....We will see what happens. This needs to be a moderate day for me as Sunday needs to be a DD. I am a little amused to find that I would prefer to stay at alternate days. I got up thinking "broth today" and then realized that it was moderate...hmmm???

Leo- It is hard to adjust to changes when you have had a plan firmly in mind for a long time. You may just need to add a little protein to get a few more calories instead of a few more carbs. Sorry you reacted so badly to the fruit. Never heard of anyone getting cramps from carbs.....intersting.

Jodi- WOO HOO That's a great loss after a long stall. I am thrilled with how this way of eating has broken my stall and continued to drop my weight. Even when low carb was working well for me I only averaged a pound a week...and now, 5 pounds in two weeks.

Shelly- He is beautiful. You will have sooooo much fun with him. My grandsons are 19 and 20 and I miss the times we had when they were growing up. Of course they are much more concerned with girls right now instead of Grandma. LOL

Sherrie- Entertaining would be a challenge for me. We did do tacos for our Christmas gathering the last couple of years and the kids love it. I can have a large taco salad and still stay low carb.

Redeemed- Congrats on the loss. 30 pounds is a huge accomplishment. Do you get a few days off after working those long hours?

Jessica and Snaggle hope all is well with you.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #396
Senior LCF Member

I'm am wondering about this 'Skinny gene' too. Is it something you can detect like ketosis in low carb? or do you just have to guess if it's working?
halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #397
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Good morning, everyone. I had a fun day with the birthday girl yesterday, and ended the day feeling so pleased to be on a plan where I didn't have to keep interjecting my dietary needs into her special day. I ate both lunch and dinner out with her, but I didn't worry too much about what I ate. I am learning to have some faith in the plan.

I am, as always, feeling a bit relieved to be on a down day today. It's nice how this plan automatically limits you from rolling out of control in its very nature.

It sounds as though everyone is really psyched up and doing well. (And Leo, obviously, your little "gain" is a bout of water retention, but it sounds as though you are walking away from it with some additional self-knowledge, and that's always a good thing.)

Shelly--the baby is beautiful!

Happy Saturday, everyone!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Redeemed...30 lb is great!! Congratulations!
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #399
Senior LCF member

Sally & Jodie-

Regarding the 'skinny gene'--we have had debates here as to whether such a thing even exists! Dr. J insists that it 'kicks in' after two weeks if DDs are kept at 500 cal or below. But none of us have actually 'felt' anything in particular, and there seems to be no way to know whether it's 'working' or not. But here's what made some of us believers:

One of our posters was doing JUDDD for weight loss, but she also had severe emphysema and was on several meds. Now the only scientific study of JUDDD's effect has been on asthma patients, with a substantial decrease in symptoms in those eating according to this program. Dr. J reports on this in his book, but our poster had not read the book and didn't know any of this.

After a few weeks on JUDDD, she posted that she was surprised to discover that she was breathing much better and could even reduce her meds to a level that made her more comfortable in her daily life. The only difference she'd made in her lifestyle was trying to lose weight with JUDDD, but losing weight (and it was only a few pounds) had never affected her emphysema before! When we told her about the asthma study, she read up on it and was convinced that was the source of her relief.

It's frustrating not to know whether this gene, SIRT1, is doing anything for us (or is even active in us), and I hesitate to call it a 'skinny gene,' since most of us didn't lose weight in any remarkable way. However, before JUDDD, I lost more slowly and had more frequent stalls. I have never had a real 'stall' on JUDDD. There were weeks when I didn't lose anything, but my monthly losses were always consistent. But that may only be because JUDDD doesn't cause the 'diet burnout' that we frequently experience on other plans.

What are your expectations of this "skinny gene"?

Jodie- I hope you enjoy your 'date' and relax and enjoy the food. It's one of the great benefits of JUDDD that we can have a nice meal out without the usual angst of worrying about calories and carbs.

Sally- I never intended to add carbs to my WOE! My fruit binge was pure "dietary indiscretion" (my endo's term that I love). It was here, I love it, and I couldn't resist. I rationalized it because I have regularity issues, and I told myself that all that fruit would really help. It didn't!

I've been frustrated with trying to have higher DDs, and I think Shelly is right--I'm just going to try to stay at about 500 cal or slightly below for a while. That's way up from my past DDs (about 200 cal more) and should be enough to maintain or perhaps slow loss to a trickle. (I've come to love losing and don't want to give it up completely, and I think the 150s would suit me better, but I don't want to push it.)
Old 08-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Leo I don't know if I "expect" anything from the skinny gene; but I would like to give the beta cells in my pancreas a rest every other day. That and losing belly fat should improve my BS levels. This sounds funny, but I think I look younger when I am JUDDDing. The last time I lost with JUDDD, my face looked younger. When I met the woman at Walmart who lost 140 pounds the other day, she exclaimed, "You look really nice!" Now, I have grown my hair out grey since the last time I saw her and was wearing glasses and had my hair in a poney tail - nothing glamorous about me at all. But she thought my face looked really good. JUDDD is supposed to slow down the aging process, so I look forward to that.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #401
Senior LCF member

I agree, Redeemed. I don't expect anything from the 'skinny gene,' but I'll take anything it has to offer. That's really nice that it has you looking younger. Sometimes when we lose weight, we look haggard, so perhaps that's the best benefit of JUDDD!

I was asking Sally and Jodie what they expected because they were asking when it kicks in, and I was wondering what they expected to happen. When I began JUDDD, my sole interest was in breaking my plateau, so I've never really given any thought to other benefits, but I'm sure they're there.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Leo- No expectations...just curious. I read about it on the JUDDD website, but did not really understand what it is and what it does. Like you, I started this to break a long stall and it has done that. I'm all for any benefit I can get though.

I never get deep into ketosis either, I show a trace, but never the deep purple that others see. I do get the bad breath and appetite suppression.....a mixed blessing.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Sally My schedule for Sept. is two 14 hour and one 12 hour shift a week. Then four days off - unfortunately not 4 consecutive days off. That would be too good to be true. I prefer three days a week and really don't mind the long shifts. According to the book, SIRT1 is supposed to kick in after two weeks of induction. The book states people feel more energetic, have lower blood pressure, improved insulin response, asthma relief, longer life span, arthritis relief. I don't know about any of that yet, except my blood pressure did decrease and improve. The greatest benefit for me has been a strong sense of control over my eating. I have read comments on the MIL concerning JUDDD that it would be a slippery slope. I suppose for some that would be true. I was reflecting today over the past couple of months on JUDDD and my loss of 30 pounds. I do not feel at all deprived. DD's are kind of like labor pains; I don't remember much about them. It just seems like a miracle that I have lost. I feel motivated now to really press in to goal.

ETA: Mice on a calorie restricted diet have a longer life span.

Last edited by Redeemed; 08-28-2010 at 05:03 PM..
Old 08-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #404
Blabbermouth!!!

My Down Day menu for Saturday, Aug. 28:

B: Atkins apple daybreak bar, 130 cal

L: 2 FF Hebrew Nat franks, 80; 1 slice Pep. Farm lite bread, 45; 1 Laughing Cow lite cheese packet, 35

D: 1 cup lettuce w/spray dressing, 20; packet ready-to-serve tuna salad, 100;
2 WW cheese packets, 90

Total: 500 calories

Another successful DD notch in my belt!

Hope all of you had a good one today.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #405
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. Forgot to mention before--today is my one month JUDDD anniversary!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:25 AM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning JUDDDers!!!

Jodi i feel you with having the 2000 calorie UD. It looks like so much but it was just the steak and shrimp that did it to you. Eating more protein from the fatty meat will make them jump like crazy. I love to eat hot wings and this is when i will have a big cal day even though eating 10 hot wings doesnt seem like alot at the time they have so many calories. Hey its meat! Cant be anything wrong with that, especially when our carbs are so low for the day. I ended up having wings again last night from papa johns. I got their naked wings and put my own sauce on them and had blue cheese dressing for dipping and i ended up being at right under 2000 cals for the day. I didnt even eat alot during the rest of the day, it was the wings!

Redeemed losing 30 lbs is awesome! I agree with JUDDD being a slippery slope. It definitely could be. I know with me coming from a past of having some eating dissorder issues most people would have said this was something i shouldnt even attempt but it actually helped get me through a rough patch where i headed back to disordered thinking. I can be a control freak with certain things in my life and this has actually fed that need to have control and really helped to keep my monsters at bay. Its when i start feeling like im losing control over things in my life that the monster starts creeping his head up. I really do thrive on structure and control and focus and determination so this plan has worked wonders for me. But i know for some im sure it could feed that monster instead of keep it at bay.

Jessica so glad you had a good day with your daughter. I have enjoyed coming to the realization to have faith in this plan. Those DD's make such a difference on what we can and cant eat on UD's. I dont think i will ever be one to add carbs back really but just feeling like i can eat until im satisfied and i dont have to deprive myself of the wonderful lowcarb foods i have so enjoyed anymore, like nuts and cheese!

I have also wondered about that skinny gene. I know i have been doing JUDDD now for about 2 months i guess and i havent really felt anything, just feel really good. And maybe thats what its about. If you can stick with JUDDD beyond that 2 wks and realize how good you do feel and how great the plan really is. I know for me one big thing that has happened is that my knees are not swollen anymore. I really noticed it after about 2 wks. I have bad knees from being heavy for so long i guess and have always worked out even though it woudl kill my knees sometimes and they were almost constantly swollen. After about 2wks the swelling was gone and i was still working out the same. It was shortly after that i decided to try jogging again. I could never do it because it hurt my knees so bad. I can jog now with no problem whatsoever. That has been amazing to me. It does work with inflamation, that i can attest to. I have also noticed that my acne is MUCH better. I have always had acne, pretty bad. Im not even having the monthly TOM breakouts. I have had 1 flareup and thats it. And it wasnt even that bad and went away pretty quickly.

I just love that this woe is working so well for all of us.

Im off to make my soup for the week. I ended up getting a can of hot rotel to add to it instead of the can of tomatoes. A little less calories and it will give it a little heat. Im anxious to see how it turns out.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:24 AM   #407
Senior LCF member

Sally-
I wouldn't rely on those ketostix for information about how deep into ketosis you are. They are unreliable, and from what I understand from other posters, a lot depends on the individual's hydration--and personally I think the person's body chemistry in general.

Way back in my 30s when I lost a bunch of weight on Atkins, those sticks never turned darker than light pink for me--even eating about 5g of carbs for weeks! And if I had a salad, they didn't change color at all! But I was losing great despite the sticks, so I know I was in deep ketosis.

Just stick to your eating plan, and don't worry about it.

Shelly-
Perhaps all those things you've noticed are the way the SIRT1 gene works for you. I'm beginning to think that it might be individual, depending on the person--e.g., the way it helped someone's emphysema. And how Redeemed "looks good."

And it's possible that it's helping some of us in ways we don't realize--i.e., internal changes. Keep in mind that Dr. J explored this WOE to gain the benefits of restricting calories for longevity, and those benefits are purely internal.

One thing I've noticed is that in the 20 months that I've been following this plan, I haven't had so much as a 'sniffle.' No colds or flu last winter--not even a runny nose. I think I'm healthier eating this way than I've ever been before.

Last edited by Leo41; 08-29-2010 at 07:26 AM..
Old 08-29-2010, 07:54 AM   #408
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, everyone. I'm about ready to leave to warm up and sing a solo at church this morning, so I had to weigh much earlier than usual. Even so, I was down another half pound from my last weigh-in. That leaves me with an approximately six pound loss for the month, and that is just a miracle to me! IT WORKS! IT REALLY WORKS!

I'm out of time for the moment, but I'll stop back by later to read all the comments and catch up with everyone.

Happy Sunday!
Old 08-29-2010, 10:59 AM   #409
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 140togo
Stats: 274/261/135
WOE: atkins restart JUDD 8/28/2010
Start Date: 5/2010
Hi, my name is Mary. I've been reading your posts for awhile now and hope you'll let me join your support group. I started doing Atkins in May snd lost some weight right away and have'nt lost since actually gained two pounds back. The weight I lost was actually a recent gain so I think it made that loss easier. I know low carb works I lost 65 pounds on it in 2003 and was dumb enough to put it back on. Three months of not losing on the start of a diet is too much for me to deal with so I decided to look into alternatives to Atkins. I was thinking about just going low carb, low fat and low cal, but than I came across JUDD and started to read your posts. I really think this might be the way to get the weight off and be able to stay on the eating plan. I'm going to start on Monday with 500 calories and see how it goes. I'm going to use shakes and prepared foods to start with so it's easier. I'm kind of sick of cooking lately. Just to let you know I have'nt read the book, my library doesn't have it and I don't want to spend more money. But I went to the web page and read everything. I've really enjoyed reading your thread and I hope I can do as well as all of you have!
140togo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:47 PM   #410
Senior LCF Member

Hello All-

I have had a good day. Stopped at Wal-mart and picked up some EAS shakes. Thought they might be handy for those DD.
Today is a DD.
broth
talapia
1 T flax meal
I haven't weighed the fish yet, but even if it is 10 ounces it will be less than 500 calories. Yesterday was a medium day and was about 850 calories...lower than I intended. I am sure I will have a high enough day this week to balance it.

I continue to be amazed at the appetite suppression. I do get hungry sometimes, but not ravenous. I keep asking myself "What are you really hungry for?" Sometimes I just can't think of a thing I really want, so I don't eat.

I have discovered almond butter, so I do occasionally eat a couple of teaspoons of it. YUM YUM

Mary- Welcome to the group. Your story is very familiar to me. I lost 60 pounds in 2003 (I think) and gained 40 back. I love low carb and feel better staying at least moderate carb or lower. I have have bounced around 240-245 for nearly a year. In the 2 weeks I have been on this plan I have lost 5 pounds. I know that may slow down, but any loss is appreciated.

Jessica- Congrats on the monthly total. It feels good to be losing again doesn't it?

Shelly- I think about ED when I have several low cal days in a row. I sure don't want to start any unhealthy habits. I think I have enough high calorie days (like that 2000 one last week) to balance.

Redeemed- I liked working 3 12's and then having 4 days off. I never tried 14 hour days though.

Leo- wouldn't it be nice if that little gene gave us energy and health. I would love to go all winter without the sniffles. It is to soon to tell for sure, but I don't seem to have as much water retension as before. That would be a wonderful side effect.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #411
Senior LCF Member

I just weighed the fish...4.5 oz so I will have a 350 calorie day. I really thought it was closer to 10 oz. that is why I weigh everything. I am no good at eyeballing amounts.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #412
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, Mary!

Mary, I don't know if this great plan is for everyone, but for me, it's been an eye-opening pleasure. To be finally losing again after an almost 8 month stall is miraculous, but even more miraculous is how much I really enjoy eating this way. To have the freedom to vary my diet a bit on those Up Days and enjoy a bit of cooking or eating out is just such a treat to me, and then to still be able to lose at a really good rate, over a pound a week, is so good I almost can't believe it's true! I strongly encourage you to give it a serious try, because the results are definitely worth the adjustment period. The first 500 calorie day or two maybe be a bit of a shock, but you quickly get into the swing of it. Try it and see how you like it!

Sally, you seem to be doing great! (And yes, it IS so very good to be losing again, at last!) I'm tempted to try those EAS shakes, too--except that like Leo, I really want to CHEW something for my calories. But I can see how on a rushed morning, it would be the perfect grab and go meal. I had the chocolate ones a few times when I was doing Atkins, and I thought the taste was pretty good.

Redeemed, I didn't congratulate you yesterday on your 30 pound milestone! (I am so NOT a visual person--didn't even notice that snazzy new avatar! ) So HUGE congrats to you, girl! You and Leo are my role models--the poster girls for how to do this plan successfully.

Keep up the good work, everyone.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #413
Senior LCF member

Mary!
Do you have any idea why you haven't been losing on low carb? For me, it's that age and medical condition mean I need to seriously restrict calories. I can actually gain on very low carb if I don't watch my calories, which most people on the Main Lobby would call impossible. I still eat low carb on JUDDD, but this plan enables me to restrict calories without too much difficulty. I hope it works for you as well as I've experienced.

Jessica-Great loss! I'm so glad this is working for you and that you find it a good plan.

Sally- Your comment about so many low calorie days impels me to ask--you aren't doing consecutive DDs are you? I ask because that would defeat the design of JUDDD--i.e., enabling us to eat so low without our bodies reacting to the limited calories. If you go beyond one day, the body will adjust, and then you defeat the purpose of the low calories. Personally, I doubt that I could manage more than one DD at a time
Old 08-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Mary 651171i085p8my3i.gif

Thanks everyone for the congrats on my losing 30 lbs! DD today. I brought 500 calories worth of broccoli soup to work. I only had 100 calories during the day because I knew when I got home at 7:30, I would want to something to eat. So I had a small steak, onions and mushrooms when I got home; and was so glad I waited. I am like Snaggle in that when I come home from work, I want to eat.

Hope everyone has a great week JUDDDing.

ETA: Sally My week looks like this:

Monday: 2100 calories
Tuesday: 500 calories
Wednesday: 2100 calories
Thursday: 500 calories
Friday: 2100 calories
Saturday: 500 calories
Sunday: 2100 calories (If it's a weigh day, I usually go higher in calories)

Last edited by Redeemed; 08-29-2010 at 06:15 PM..
Old 08-29-2010, 06:58 PM   #415
Senior LCF Member

Leo- I had a DD-MD (kind of lower calorie than. I intended) and then another DD (today). I can tell that the fish was not a good idea today. Not enough fat I guess. Maybe a different recipe. I am struggling tonight. I still have 150 calories I can eat so will have to find something to tide me over. I'm learning. Bet I will eat big tomorrow.

Redeemed- Wow, you lose with that many calories. Hm.... not sure that would work for me. I'll just have to loosen up a little. I have been counting calories 1200-1400 for so long that it feels wrong to eat more. Old habits. Thanks for the info. I never thought about steak on a DD. That would be satisfying.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Sally We are about the same weight I think. I now weigh 230. I do not count carbs either. I eat whatever I want - within my calorie guidelines. I don't exercise except for going to work. I average a loss of about 2 pounds a week on JUDDD. I may lose 3 pounds one week and 1 pound the next. The weight loss varies from week to week.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:09 AM   #417
Senior LCF member

Sally-
You might want to try Redeemed's calorie levels, but be careful. I was never able to lose at that high a level of calories (I wish I could!) because everyone is different. You just have to find the level that works best for you. The problem is that to determine a level that works for you, you have to give it at least 2 weeks. If you don't mind gaining if the level is too high, that's OK. But if you panic after a few days, you really haven't learned anything because it takes the body about 2 weeks to adjust.

With that low MD, you probably would have been better off following it with an UD, but I understand if you were trying to 'fix' your alternation. But be careful too many consecutive low calorie days. JUDDD is designed for 'alternation.' not very low calories as a standard.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:34 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Mary!! Good luck with your first DD today...they can be challenging in the beginning, but I'm sure you'll do fine.

Wow...it's been a busy weekend and didn't really have a chance to read or post. For the most part I stuck to plan, wasn't really able to count calories effectively (eating out so much), but feel I was in control. Friday turned out to be a MD rather than an DD d/t the retirement party and Saturday and Sunday were UD's but not out of control.

Looking forward to a DD today and then will weigh in tomorrow morning to see how I've done for the month. It's been a roller coaster with having a big gain while on vacation and then taking it back off again...I feel like I've been treading water.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:46 AM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Snaggle 003.gif
Old 08-30-2010, 07:09 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Good Morning!!

Wow I had a great weekend. I love that I was able to go out with hubby and have a cocktail (or a couple) and eat without freaking out. We went mexican and I had avacado/cucumber soup with spicy shrimp and we shared nacho's (my favorite). I ate till I was full and satisfied!! My weigt jumped up Sunday up 2pounds but already down a pound today after my DD yesterday The gain was expected and I did not freak out!!

My daughter turned 13yesterday. It was so nice having the family here! My hubby and I were commenting on how truly blessed we are to have a loving supportive family!

Leo The skinny switch gene I was just curious about. I have only been on 1week and feel fantastic. I broke my stall of about 6months and enjoying what I am eating. I mostly stay low carb except for date night. We will be doing date night twice a month on my sat off. I have to say I started jogging about a month ago and I have noticed being able to breath easier. I am not sure if its just the consitancy of me jogging or alittile of JUDDD. Whichever it is I am very relaxed doing this plan.

Redeemed You go girl!! I think its also the way we feel about ourselves that shows on the outside. When I feel good I tend to be relaxed and smile more.

Those calories are this week Right?? You do not do two high days in a row or do you??

Snaggle Are you planning anything special??

Jessica The DD have not been as much as a stuggle as I thought it would be. The UD are the days I monitor closely so not to binge. So far so good!!! Lets see what happens during PMS.

Sally I love the EAS shakes. I get the dark chocolate one and fill it into a bottle filled with ice. I sip it most of the DD and then have a little salad for lunch. I do better if I drink the first part of the day. I tend to get really hungry after my DD meal. Instead of taking the hunger pain away I get think its makes them increase. My mantra is I can eat what I want tomarrow!!! You would think I would be staving on my UD in the morning but I am not. Its been a normal eating day so far. However its only been a week.

Shelly I love the rotel tomatoes. It just give the soup a bit of a kick!

Last edited by JKat; 08-30-2010 at 07:11 AM..
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote