Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 04:18 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Thank you all for all your loving words and sharing your own stuggles with me. The surgery went well yesterday. Our main goal (which we repeated everytime anyone came in the room) was that she was not to be in any pain. Hugs to everyone
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2010, 05:47 AM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post

I'm having an odd reaction with JUDDD this week. I've been eating very low carb (just felt like it) for a few weeks, and Sunday I had a high carb day--not junk, just brown rice and some fruit. But even after a couple of good DDs, I'm up a couple of pounds and my knees are SO sore--a sign that I'm retaining water. That usually doesn't happen on JUDDD (i.e., I don't get a rebound like this from one carb day), but I wonder whether it's the contrast--i.e., eating so low carb for a while and then having them. I'm going to try to go VLC for a few days just to get rid of the water--and then just introduce veggies slowly because I really feel 'ugh' with this bloating.
Leo I wonder now that your going back down to VLC if it will take a some weight with it. Maybe if bumping your carbs up then dropping them very low will cause a weight loss and your body guessing. How are your knees feeling today??

Snaggle Its just a horrible illness to watch. So sad

Sally WTG on your loss!!
Old 08-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Good morning Juddders! Just checking in.
Black coffee today, tea this afternoon and a veggie salad tonight with some chicken or shrimp.
Must be strict today. No more messing around.

Leo- Did you assume that you would stay as low carb in maintenance, or did you plan/hope to add some in at this point?
The other question was about the fruit. I assume you know about the theory of eating fruit alone, on an empty stomach only? Just wondering if maybe that could be the problem, if not.
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #364
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Morning, all. I'm off to a good start on today's DD, with a 150 calorie breakfast. These DDs have gotten so easy for me that it's almost a little scary. I thought after the first one or two that it was going to be a constant struggle with hunger, but instead, I find that I "enjoy" the hunger, and every time I feel a pang, I picture a tiny furnace inside my body, with a tiny worker shoveling piles of fat into it. And then I send my strongest thought waves to that little worker: Burn the thigh fat first!!!

Haha. Ok, I'm weird.

But anyway, I feel enthused and energetic, and am looking forward to this DD, as I do all of them.

I'm getting ready to pick my daughter up at John Wayne airport after her week at Grandma's house. Then we'll plan her birthday tomorrow!

Snaggle, I have a strong feeling that today you will sail through your return to JUDDD and feel great being back on track. I'm wondering where Shelly is? Off gazing in wonder at that new grandson, I'll bet.

Wishing everyone a successful and energetic Thursday!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Oh Jessica, I love the picture you paint of the little fat shoveler.

Leo- veggies and small amounts of fruit (kiwii or berries) don't seem to bother me, but some grains cause discomfort and swelling. It is probably going to be 'trial and error' to find what your body will allow. Sorry you are hurting.

Jodie- Hugs

Snaggle- You can do it. A few strict days and you will get adjusted.

I am wondering about Shelly too. Hope everything is ok.

I'm off to visit a friend in the hospital.
halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #366
Blabbermouth!!!

Just checking in to report my DD menu:

B: 1 slices Sara Lee 45 calorie bread, toasted with spray margarine; 4 slices thin microwave bacon, 100

L: 1 cup lettuce w/ 1 T. salsa, 1 cup broth, 1 small meatball (I'm calling this meal 150--it may have been less)

D: 1 bag lite popcorn, 100; 1 TJ's chicken sausage, 100; 1 cup spring greens with dressing spray, 20

Total: approximately 515 calories
Old 08-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
hey everyone. I've been awol but still loving JUDDD! I have read some of the posts but haven't gotten to all of them. My SO is back on days so with him home in the evenings I don't get online as much.

snaggle is it you with your mom in the hospital? I'm sorry to hear that and it has to be tough. Just hang in there.

And I have been enjoying my grandbaby! He is such a cutie and I get tons of txts all day from my daughter with questions...lol

I'm maintaining well with having my 3 DD,s per week. I'm glad I can continue to do that and maintain because I have come to love DDs. I have just upped my cals on UDs and try not to worry so much about what I eat, still lc of course. But I'm stressing it. Trying not to anyway. That 2000 calorie day bothered me but it didn't affect the scale at all so I was glad about that. I didn't end up working out leo. You are right about it not making a difference. I'm glad I didn't. I'm not sick anymore either thank god. I have been back to enjoying my jogging and it's so nice and cool outside.

I'll read and post more this weekend when I actually get on the computer. I'm on my phone laying in bed so good night everyone and have a great friday!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Reporting on my DD
3 oz homemade beef BBQ
3 oz. skinless chicken breast
1 cup broth
467 calories

Today has been harder than usual. I'm still hungry, but have 2 of the above ounces of chicken to eat. Wanted popcorn, but did not want to consume the salt. LOL, I'm wanting to see 236 for one more day before it bounces back up.
halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #369
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by halos View Post
LOL, I'm wanting to see 236 for one more day before it bounces back up.
Totally hear you on this one. I had 2 nice loss weigh-ins in a row this week, and I'm feeling pretty certain that I'm due for a bounce-up! But remember--NEW LOWS COUNT. Bounce-ups are mere water, and DO NOT COUNT!

(I haven't decided whether to weigh tomorrow or to wait for Sunday. Don't wanna see that bounce-up, dangit.)
Old 08-27-2010, 03:22 AM   #370
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Jessica-
I can relate to your liking DDs--that 'hunger' feeling is actually pleasant. Last Christmas, I had a MD (Christmas Eve) and an UD (Christmas), but I was staying at my sister's house for the weekend and hadn't planned a DD (didn't think it possible). But the morning after Christmas, I announced that I 'needed' a DD (even though I had been eating moderately). I had a great one and enjoyed the feeling probably more than eating freely on Christmas!

Snaggle-
I've read that about eating fruit alone, and I've also read that it's best to eat it with protein (to counter the effect of the fructose). So I don't know which is right--if either one. I just can't keep fruit in the house because it's a real 'trigger' food for me--I regard it as 'sugar' and something I normally don't eat. For example, since I had visitors, I bought some delicious-looking fruit 'for them.' Alas, despite my intentions to avoid carbs this week--I totally binged on the fruit yesterday!

I do intend to stay low carb forever--with a very occasional high carb meal (no more than 4-6 weeks). My body feels best when I eat 'primal'--just meat, fish, eggwhites, and some veggies--with my almond butter as the major "treat."

Shelly-
I knew that 2000 cal day wouldn't harm you--and you might find that it helps in the long run. When you eat as controlled as you do, your body can get 'complacent,' adjusting too well to those low calories. A lot of diet gurus suggest on occasional 'switch' on any plan. I've found that with JUDDD a (very occasional) uber UD can actually help promote loss.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:15 AM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Just a quick drive by to say good morning. Another 14 hour shift today (DD). Will bring celery, onion, spinach soup and hard boiled eggs. Yesterday's UD went very well. Will read posts and catch up tomorrow which will be an UD and day off work.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:04 AM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Have had a rough week this week with my UD's....some of those old feelings of "now I can eat anything I want" have come sneaking back in and it scares me. This is where I have thrown up my hands in the past and decided JUDD is not for me. Have been eating out a lot on UD's (unavoidable) and the sodium has really gotten to me.

I think what is complicating it, is knowing my social schedule this weekend and how difficult it's going to be to stay on track. Today is a DD and I have a retirement party to go to tonight (about 2 hours away) and haven't quite decided how I'm going to handle it yet. Gonna try to get by with just my Egg Beater's omelet this morning (100) and a HB egg later this afternoon (70) and then just pick and choose carefully at the party. It's an informal one, buffet and hopefully there will be chicken and salad on the menu.

Tomorrow night I have a get together with about 12 friends (get together about 1-2x/year) and I'm bringing desserts. I have volunteered for a "diet friendly" one and one of my "decadent" ones that I'm known for. I'm going to try and make this a MD as I know there's grilled chicken on the menu.

Sunday we are entertaining at home and going to strive for another MD...menu isn't planned yet, but I have control so that shouldn't be too hard. Leftovers can sometimes be a problem for me, though. Hubby has asked for one of his favorite desserts and maybe I can convince him to send most of the leftovers home with the company....leave a large piece for him that can remain in the refrigerator in the garage!!

Well...I have a plan....next thing is sticking to it!!!
Not weighing til next Tuesday (end of month)....let's amend that, cause I know I'll be on the scale every day...not REPORTING weight til next Tuesday.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:59 AM   #373
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-
Your plans for dealing with your social schedule seem very workable to me. (I think I've been lucky insofar as I have a very limited social life

I have the same problem with leftovers when I entertain! In the past, they didn't even make it to the fridge, as I devoured them as I was cleaning up. One thing that has worked for me is having my 'storage' containers ready and waiting, so that I get my leftovers into the freezer right away. I usually portion them out for future meals.

If my leftovers are things I choose not to eat, they either go home with my guests or into the garbage right away. Since I live alone, there's no point in keeping stuff like that around.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Funny you should mention leftovers Leo. I have realized that my deadly time of day for overeating is right after I get home from work, before dinner. If I happen to have leftovers on hand, that is always the first thing I grab. I feel so guilty being wasteful, but sometimes I think it would be better to toss them than to have the temptation right there.
As far as the fruit thing, I do believe that it treats me best when just eaten alone and given 20 minutes to digest. Years ago I did well on a diet called Fit for Life, which was basically a food combining diet, ala Suzanne Somers. It was the first time I read about the theory. I did that diet pretty low fat, low protein, with assumptions that I would lose better. I remember thinking the whole time, "what fun is pasta or bread, with no fat?" Spaghetti, marinara got real boring.
I did love my fruit in the morning, however.
Anyway, I digress.
Shelly, my mom is at an assisted living place that has a big memory care unit. We put her there when she got to where she needed a secure (locked) environment and someone available 24/7. My dad was not taking good care of her and although it was a difficult decision, it has worked out well, and she is content. Dad died a couple of years ago, so we kids and grandkids visit often, although she can't remember much at this point.
She is so sweet and funny and all the caregivers are great with her. I never had kids, so these last few years, it is almost like she is my kid, if that makes any sense.

Last edited by snaggle; 08-27-2010 at 09:22 AM..
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #375
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, everyone! It's an Up Day for me today, and will involve eating 2 meals out (it's my daughter's 25th birthday!) But I'm not afraid of UDs any more. Im sure it will all turn out fine.

My dilemma about whether to weigh today or not was solved for me. My daughter spent the night and was in the bathroom where the scale resides doing her hair and makeup when I got up this morning. No one wants to start their birthday having to see their mother strip down and weigh in the "altogether," so I spared her that trauma!

Guess my weight will keep until Sunday, or even Tuesday.

Have a good one, and if it's a Down Day for you, remember that that tiny furnace is busy burning your fat with every hunger pang!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Jessica....that little guy has been shoveling like mad today!! It's 12:30 and all I've had is a HB egg.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #377
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Jessica....that little guy has been shoveling like mad today!! It's 12:30 and all I've had is a HB egg.
BURN, FAT, BURN!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

This plan is amazing. I am down another pound today ( I was expecting a slight water gain after my Wednesday loss). That makes -5 pounds since the 11th. For 'normal' young people that wouldn't be amazing, but for an old, post menopausal, year long stalled woman it is amazing.

I don't know if the 'skinny gene' has kicked in, as I have not always been below 500 calories on DD. I can see that I am getting better at planning and the anxiety has eased. I can see myself sticking with this long term. I am finally losing weight and not feeling deprived. Last night late I was HUNGRY (DD) so I got up and ate another ounce of chicken breast. That bumped me up a little over 500 calories, I can live with that. I was satisfied and able to go to sleep.

I am the leftover queen. I cook with leftovers in mind. I have started to freeze them in small, one or two serving containers. I enjoy opening the freezer, when I don't feel like cooking, and having several things to choose from. All healthy and ready to warm.

Todays an UD, I'm thinking talipia and veggies for supper. Had beef BBQ for lunch. Haven't gone to ****** to figure calories yet.

Have a good one everybody.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #379
Senior LCF member

Snaggle-
I know what you mean about the 'switch' in your relationship with your mother because several of my friends have commented on the same thing when they were caring for an aged parent--especially those whose parent suffered from Alzheimer's.

I read some about food combining when Suzanne Somers was popularizing it because I knew a lot of people who praised it and had good results. Personally, it would keep me away from carbs because I can't imagine a bagel without butter or cream cheese! I had an experience with fruit way before this that seems to confirm the 'eat alone' idea. I was losing weight eating basically low carb (although I didn't call it that because this was pre-Atkins, and I just knew I needed to cut out bread, rice, pasta--the starchy things.) But I was living in a dorm environment, and some nights I'd be incredibly hungry, and the only thing 'diet friendly' to eat was fruit. We often had large quantities around. So I ate a LOT of fruit--well away from any other food. And it didn't cause any cravings or impede my weight loss at all. In fact, I lost like crazy (I was so much younger then[sigh]).

Sally-
Congratulations on the weight loss! I'm so happy that you're finding JUDDD a workable plan. The best way to lose is on a plan that works for you but also fits your personality and lifestyle--i.e, one on which you don't feel deprived or depressed. JUDDD gives me a feeling of liberation because of my control over food, and I hope it continues to work well for you.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

Evening ladies! I have a few minutes before dinner so i thought i would rant about my DD today! Good lord i was starving all day long and dont understand why. Some days its easy and then some days are so hard. I ended up eating a few shelled peanuts as soon as i walked in the door from work. Not many, just about 6 or 7. I do feel a little better. I will still be under 500 for the day but just barely. Here is what i ate today.
Eas protein shake for breakfast - 110 cals
cucumber for snack - 40 cals
homemade soup for lunch - 90 cals
peanuts - 100 cals
can of crab meat with 2 cups lettuce and 1 1/2 cups raw spinach for dinner - 110 cals
will use walden farms ranch for my dressing with some franks hot sauce, thats the only way i can stomach it...lol
may have a sf jello later if i get hungry
I did a 4 mile run this morning and thats probably why i was so hungry today. I usually do 3 1/2 miles but i went a little further today. Amazing that it made such a difference or it could just be that it was justa hunger day. I know i am close to TOM so that is probably the real issue!!! LOL
Ill be looking forward to my UD's this weekend thats for sure! I could sure use some coconut bark right about now but im gonna be good!
Ill post more this weekend.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #381
Senior LCF member

Hi Shelly-
I'm impressed that you can run on a DD! It could be TOM, but I'm well past that, and I always found DDs unpredictable. There were days that I hardly wanted to eat at all and others where I was hungry almost constantly. And it wasn't due to the food I chose because I pretty much eat the same things on DDs.

If you think it's TOM, just keep reminding yourself that it's all hormones--i.e., a false hunger that's meaningless. But if you don't think it's TOM, remind yourself that hunger is your body's warning that it will tap into your fat stores unless you give it some food. That always kept me from eating too much on those 'bad' DDs
Old 08-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Sally....another pound, that's great!!

I pretty much stuck to plan today....HB egg about 11 and egg white omelet at 2. Then we went to the retirement party and never ate until almost 8PM!! I wasn't planning on that. I was absolutely starved by then, even though I had been drinking water like crazy. Not exactly diet food but I tried to choose carefully and came in about 825 for the day. Not a true DD, but could have been worse.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:05 AM   #383
Senior LCF member

Weekly Weigh In
I forced myself onto the scale this morning because I knew I'd see a gain--and I did--3 lbs to 165! The good news is that I know it's not 'fat' but water from TWO carb fests this week--Sunday and Thursday, when I just gorged on fruit that I'd bought for my 'company.' (They didn't eat much, so I polished it all off--after all, fruit is 'good'--I rationalized.)

The lesson from this week is that maintenance is serious business, and I have to watch overconfidence. Eternal vigilance is the price of maintaining!

I had no control with the fruit because I really love the stuff--which now tastes better than rich desserts to me because I don't normally eat sugar--and fruit is pure sugar. However, I paid the price with both days of carb indulgence (you'd think I'd have learned the first time), and not just on the scale.

Now when I have a carb indulgence (not just a portion, but a true binge), I get the absolutely most painful cramping in my legs--especially my feet and thighs. I almost thought I'd have to go to the ER this time--that's how bad it was. I'm guessing that it's the sudden rush of glucose stores into the muscles because this has happened twice now when I've suddenly indulged in a lot of carbs at one time. It occurs a couple of hours later, just as I'm trying to get to sleep; and it's truly horrible.

So I am truly off carbs for the immediate future to eliminate this bloat, and in the future, my 'extra' carbs will be very occasional and 'controlled'--i.e., perhaps a portion of something--like a half cup of brown rice or a sweet potato--but no gorging on tons of fruit, as I did on Thursday. The memory of those excruciating cramps should be enough to keep me from indulgence

Despite knowing the scale would be depressing, I had to weigh this morning for the accountability. Not getting on the scale is the road to re-gaining, IMO!
Old 08-28-2010, 05:50 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Weekly weigh-in for me too!
Still holding at 137. woohoo! I love that i have figured out how to eat on this woe and maintain. I am glad that i didnt have to change my DD's and UD's. I really enjoy my DD's and the control i have to have those days. I love the UD's for the freedom i have, with the control mixed in so i dont go overboard too much. Its so nice not having to maintain at one certain caloric number everyday and being restricted like that. Thats what im enjoying the most i think is that i have more freedom to eat what i want, within reason of course adn still lowcarb, because the DD's help weigh everything out.

Leo, i totally know what you mean about maintaining. There are times i think it is harder to maintain than it is to lose. It can be so easy to get complacent and lazy and think this isnt gonna hurt me or ive done so good i can have this or that and then before long the scale is creeping up. During the last few years that i have been maintaining it has happened to me a few times. I dont even have to weigh to know when its happening. I would always go back to induction and the weight would come back off. This last time it happened im glad i found JUDDD. I can maintain with JUDDD without having to feel so deprived. With you having the cramps i would definitely steer clear of the carbs for a little bit except a little here and there. My problem with the scale creeping was never carbs but eating too much of a good thing and then the bite here and there that would happen maybe once a day to the bites happening 3, 4, 5 times a day. Its gonna be trial and error to figure out whats gonna work for you to maintain. I have read posts on the boards about what people are going to do when they get to maintainance and it being easy so being scared they will gain because they dont have that focus on losing anymroe. I have always told everyone that maintaining is not easy in the least. Its constantly still being focused and not allowing the laziness to set in. Its being a little obsessive about what you eat. Im not called the lowcarb **** for nothing...lol

The past couple of weeks i have actually added nuts back into my woe on UD's and i just love that. I had totally cut them out because they made me gain because i would overeat them. Well, i can eat them again. I still cant totally overeat them but i can eat about 1/2 cup of mixed nuts on UD's and be just fine now. I eat shelled peanuts and walnuts, pecans and almonds. I dont think i will ever go back to eating "normal" again. I wouldnt want to go back to having to eat 1300 to 1500 cals a day when i can enjoy having some of the things i have missed and eat about 1700 to 1800 cals on UD's and sometimes the occasional 2000...lol, which i wont do very often. But overall, i just feel that i have more freedom to eat things i really enjoy now and have those DD's to keep me and my body in check. It really is awesome!

Talking about leftovers, right after work is the worst for me too. I'll be a little hungry and in the kitchen making dinner and snacking on things in the fridge or on nuts. I have to watch that. Im pretty good about keeping that in check but there are some days when im really hungry that i start munching. I try not to keep leftovers unless its meat. If its something carby i have made for the family i just toss it. They wont ever eat it adn im not gonna eat it. That has been a hard thing for me. I hate waste. That is something from childhood i think, being very poor and sometimes not getting alot of anything. But in reality theres no point in keeping it if it isnt gonna get eaten. Now if its leftover roast or chicken or something like that. You better believe im saving it because i will eat the leftovers! I ate leftover roast all week on my UD's from what i made over the weekend.

Gonna go check the main boards for a few, be back later. Good Morning everyone and good weigh in day for everyone!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:20 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

I am sorry for the drive by again. I am off to the hospital to feed my mother in law. She is doing well and should return to the home sometime this weekend. I had a big pow wow with the nursing home and together I am hoping we can prevent another fall. Just a hard situation. We feel the same that the role with the parent child has changed.

Today was my official weigh in. DRUM ROLL PLEASE!! I am down 2.5pounds since starting. I have broke very long stall!!! I have to say that I did not find the week to hard. Challenging at certain times but very doable. I am lucky to have such a great support group and plan.

How long before the skinny switch happens????

to everyone...I will try and catch up later!!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:21 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Shelly....The baby is beautiful!!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:32 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Leo....I guess maintenance has to be just as much of a learning process as your journey here the last 18months or so. I'm sure there is a huge period of trial and error before you see how your body reacts to a "less similar" way of eating. Chalk your "fruity" encounters up to experience and go from there. That was a strange reaction though...wonder if it had anything to do with all that potassium, as that can cause cramping too.

Shelley....glad JUDD is making maintenance a more "freeing" experience for you. Sounds like you have maintained well over the years, but the freedom of experiencing those UD's with less restrictions has to make life easier...especially since you seem to be enjoying your DD's too.

I have come to realize that so much of the enjoyment of special times in my life and social events centers around the food! It's so ingrained in me and that's really hard to change....hopefully it will come in time. When getting together with friends it's "what restaurant shall we go to" or "what dessert should I make to take" or "I wonder what they'll have on the buffet" rather than focusing on the enjoyment of spending time with friends and family. And holidays....forget it! It's all about the food. Everyone wants to come to my house cause I LOVE to entertain and that means making everyone's favorite dishes and making sure there's enough so everyone can take some home to enjoy later. I swear...I think I might have an Italian gene in there someplace. That's how my DMIL (ex) always was and I fit right in.

I have found this summer so difficult d/t the vacations, weekends away, picnics, parties etc. But then I look at September and October and I have just as much coming up and then come the holidays again. Food has always equated LOVE in my life....how I show people I love them. My mother was like that too growing up...sure it's where it came from. Some of my happiest memories include food. I may not remember certain events from vacations, but I can tell you what restaurants we had the best meals at. My earliest memory (and this is sad) is at about age 2 1/2 sitting in my great grandmother's kitchen and having apple crisp. Now at that age, that's not learned behavior....that's inborn! I have obese relatives on both my mother's and father's side....could there be such a thing as a "fascination for food gene"?

I'm struggling here, as you can see but determined to keep at it. Another party tonight with friends I haven't seen in months, so will focus on them and not what kind of food everyone brings. (but I'm bringing the desserts)
Old 08-28-2010, 06:37 AM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Jodi....Congratulations on your loss....great first week!!

Shelley....love the new picture....what a sweetheart. Nothing like a new baby!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:38 AM   #389
Senior LCF member

Hi Shelly-
I'm beginning to think that JUDDD is even better for maintenance than weight loss! I totally agree with you about having the option to eat a little more freely on UDs. According to Dr. J, this is to prevent the 'burn out' that happens with typical diets, but what he doesn't realize (since he's probably only dieted once in his life and doesn't need to watch very closely) is that for most of us "maintenance" is a life-long challenge, and it would be far easier to burn out then than during the weight loss phase when a person can get satisfaction from seeing the scale go down. Perhaps that's why so many people fail to maintain?

In any case, I'm going back to strict low carb for quite a while (which I actually prefer). Do you keep your DDs low, along with your 1300-1500 UDs? I ask because I think I should keep mine lower--no more than 500 cal, because I had them very low for the past few months--350 at the max., and I think my plan to go to 600-700 was too much too soon. In addition, I wouldn't mind dropping down a few more pounds (very, very slowly), so I don't really want to 'maintain' at 165--just not worry too much about losing.

I know what you mean about nuts. For me, it's almond butter, which I was having on UDs but had to restrict to only weekends because I have 'control' problems with it. It wasn't that I overdid my calories, but I'd start substituting a few T of almond butter for actual meals! I don't plan to buy any more until I get myself into a regular routine of LC and JUDDD.

Jodie-
Congratulations on breaking that stall Many of us came to JUDDD for precisely the same reason; we were stalled on the plan we'd been doing and very frustrated. I came to JUDDD intending it to be 'temporary.' That is, I hoped to break my stall and go back to the generic low carb I'd been doing. After all, who could deal with those DDs long term? I didn't anticipate loving this WOE so much--I'm into 20 months and still in love with JUDDD! It's interesting how these things work out.

Last edited by Leo41; 08-28-2010 at 06:40 AM..
Old 08-28-2010, 06:58 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
<----This!

Weighed early this week because I knew I had lost. The scale showed a one pound loss. This is interesting because I had three Up Days at the beginning of my rotation. I can't figure out JUDDD but I love it. I e-mailed Dr. Johnson about losing weight. A representative e-mailed back and said they were pleased and to keep them posted.

So many posts to catch up on I took notes this morning. I tried to read at night when I got off work but nothing registered - too tired.

Leo I usually have fruit every morning on UD's. It's interesting how one can eat fruit and another can't. Also, I can't say I enjoy hungar. I just tell myself, "Too bad, you're not going to eat!" On UD's I tell myself, "You're still on a diet . You have to restrict in order to lose." I'm sure you'll get those three pounds off in no time - and like you know water, water, water.

Jodi Glad your MIL's surgery went well. I almost took a position in a nursing home as Fall Prevention Specialist, but figured it was too much of a legal trap - law suit waiting to happen. Glad you're still on JUDDD throughout all of this.

Jessica I love the little worker with a shovel and the furnice. I will never forget that now when I get a hungar pain. So cute!

Shelly Congratulations on maintaining your weight throughout all the excitement of the new and very beautiful baby!

Sally Congratulations on another pound off. Good work!

Last edited by Redeemed; 08-28-2010 at 07:20 AM..
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote