Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #271
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Today's DD menu:

B: Atkins daybreak bar, 130
L: lite popcorn bag, 100; ff frank with mustard, 40
D: TJ's jalapeno chicken sausage, 100; 1 c spring greens with spray dressing, 20; WW 1 point cheese slice, 45

Total: 435

Hubby wants to go to the neighborhood taco joint when he gets home from work, so I will probably have another green salad, with no dressing, with him, just to be companionable.

The TJ's sausage was simply outstanding! Already cooked--I just heated it through on the GFG, then sliced it over my salad. Yum.

Good day. Gonna weigh in the morning.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2010, 02:26 AM   #272
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Sally-
Most of us are not hungry when we wake on an UD, but I've found that my appetite returns when I eat. If you do 500 cal DDs and only 1000 cal UDs, your average will only be 750 cal, and while you might lose quickly, I think you'll damage your body eating that low level. If you truly aren't hungry, you might focus on some high calorie, healthy things on UDs--e.g., avocado, nuts, etc.

Jodie-
As Jessica advised, you might find that it's best not to run or work out on DDs because of the low calories. One reason I always kept my DDs at M, W, Fri is because those were not my days for working out.

Weekly Weigh In
I raised my DD calories to maintain, and this is still a 'work in progress.' I'm down a pound this morning, but last week was too irregular for me to raise calorie levels any further. However, I did eat more than usual on DDs, so this loss is a good thing because many experts say that if a person loses on very low calories (as I did), he or she will re-gain immediately as soon as they raise their calorie level. I'm hoping that JUDDD is the solution to this problem, and it seems to be working so far!

It won't hurt for me to lose a few more lbs in this process, so I'm satisfied with this result.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:39 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Leo... You are paving the way for us to follow! I am glad you found what is works for you.

Jessica...I will see how I feel. I am just so excited to start something new. Thanks for sharing your menu. It really helps!

Okay up 5am and ready for my day. Wish my luck!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:46 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Leo congratulations!!!! That is so awesome you have still lost!

Jodi i have found that i can go jogging on the morning of a DD because of the calories the day before i think but i have to make sure i have some calories pretty soon after jogging or i feel awful the whole day so i started having an EAS advantage shake when i get to work and i have felt fine after that. I dont know if i could jog in the evening on a DD. I feel like i might poop out quicker because of not having many calories that day. You will just have to play with things to see what ends up working best. I dont know if you use coconut oil but its a great way to get some extra calories and good fat in your diet on UD's if you arent feeling really hungry. I eat 2 T of coconut oil on UD's in my hot tea. One in the morning and 1 in the evening and im about 1600 to 1800 calories on my UD's. When i dont workout the morning of a UD im about 1400 to 1500 because i dont have my protein shake during my workout.

Weekly weigh-in and im at 137.6! Woohoo! Love that number. Thats perfectly where i feel the best and i can tell because i feel wonderful! Even though i do have a cold im fighting right now. I have had it since Monday evening adn finally had to get some antibiotics yesterday because i could tell it was going into my chest. It has put a damper on my whole week. I havent been able to workout at all and i miss it. Im hoping the antibiotics will have me better by monday morning so i can have my jog.

UD for me today. I have had some coffee with 1T hwc and i had a few bites of cottage cheese just to take my antibiotic. I'll be making some coconut bark today and will eat 1 today and 1 tomorrow. I only do 1 T per day on the weekends to give me a few more calories to play with in case we end up eating out or something. Bacon and eggs for breakfast and fajita salad for dinner. Dont knwo about lunch yet.

Have a good weekend everyone!!!!

Oh, and the grandbaby!!! JUST PERFECT! Mommy and baby are back home and doing great! I plan on going to see them this weekend when im feeling better so i better get to feeling better very soon!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:03 AM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Leo....congratulations on your first week of maintenance! Leave it to you to still lose....so happy you are so in control. You truly have been my inspiration throughout all of this (not only your consistency, but your attitude about losing slowly). It has given me faith that I can make JUDD work for me.

Sally....glad JUDD seems to be the answer for you too! Hope you feel better soon so you can go spoil that new baby!!

I'm pleased to report that my scale stayed the same this morning, despite a very generous UD yesterday!! Gonna try my dangdest to get in a DD today.

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:39 AM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
593568p887g2dyd0.gif

Good morning everyone!

Leo Well, how does it feel to lose without trying? You must really love JUDDD now! There must be something to it about the accelerated effects of SIRT1.

Shelly I think of all the people I have seen come and go on this thread, you have made the smoothest transition to JUDDD. You are really rocking this woe! Congratulations on the weight loss this week. So glad your daughter and baby are doing well.

Sherrie Glad you didn't gain after your UD. That would be a first for me. Enjoy your DD.

Sally I have read where some (Gina and LBishop) could exercise on a DD. It seems that exercising first thing in the morning helps because, like Shelly they're still feeling satisfied from their previous UD. Some can't even go shopping without fainting on a DD (Pam). This woe is trial and error for most of us - so whatever works best for you!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Redeemed; 08-21-2010 at 05:42 AM..
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:03 AM   #277
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-
If you didn't show a gain this morning, you must have lost! Because anytime I've dared to step on the scale after an UD, I've been 'up.'

Redeemed-
It may be the SIRT1, and if it is, that may be the best benefit of JUDDD for those with a lot to lose. I've been doing JUDDD faithfully for about 18 months. Any stoppage of DDs for vacations has been 2 weeks or less, and Dr. J says that the effect can be sustained for 2 weeks off plan, so it's really been a consistent 18 mos.

What I find interesting is that this may be the best benefit of JUDDD. We keep reading on the ML how folks struggle to lose those 'last 10 lbs,' but I've lost the last 40 lbs easier than the first 50 on JUDDD! That would tend to confirm the 'escalating' effect of SIRT1.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:17 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

LEO....I worry that cause I've never successfully done the official two weeks of induction with DD's under 500 calories that I haven't activated the SIRT1 gene...I'm sure I haven't.

Guess after I really feel in the groove here with what I'm doing, that will still be my goal. Leave it to me to do things a** backwards!
Old 08-21-2010, 06:27 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Leo Have you ever considered writing Dr. J. about your success? Just a thought, but I bet he would love hearing from someone like you.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #280
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-
It doesn't matter when you do it, so what's wrong with waiting until you're comfortable with 500 cal DDs and you have a time in your life when you can do them (i.e., no pressing social engagements)? You will just be a unique JUDDD-er.

Redeemed-
That's an idea! I'll check their website later to see if there's any contact info. I'll keep you posted.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #281
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning, everyone. I weighed this morning to get my 3rd week results. I lost 6/10 of a pound this week. I had been telling people that "even if I can only lose half a pound a week on this plan, I'll stick with it." I guess the weight loss gods heard me and took me at my word.

I'd have yelped for joy if I'd lost a whole pound. I can't say that I'm thrilled with 6/10. Still, for a person who has been plateaued for over half a year, any loss is a good loss.

Maybe if I can do a little better with my up days, I can speed that along a little bit. I'm definitely going to try.

Have a good Saturday, my friends!
Old 08-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #282
Senior LCF member

Jessica-
My advice is to get used to the fact that the number on the scale (on a weekly or daily basis) doesn't reflect exactly the status of your efforts. I discovered a while ago, that my body is really in charge. You lost 3.5 lbs in the first two weeks; keep in mind that the body regards weight loss as a negative, and will try to resist loss.

One way it does this is to fill empty fat cells with water. When that happens, you can 'see' on the scale only a small loss, no loss--or even a slight gain. Eventually, the body is forced to dump that water, and that's the cause of the famous 'whoosh' that some people experience.

On JUDDD, I steadily lost about a pound a week--four pounds a month. Then suddenly a few months ago, I lost nothing for three straight weeks, even though I was faithfully following the plan with the same number of calories. Then in the fourth week, I lost 4 lbs! Obviously, I didn't lose 4 lbs in a week; it had been the same process as before, but my body managed to hide the loss somehow. The same thing happened the following month, but after that I went back to weekly small losses--all the while never changing anything about my eating.

I tell you all this to advise you not to tinker with your WOE unless you know that you have been eating to excess. The same process that enabled you to lose those 3.5 lbs will continue to work, but perhaps not at the pace you would like.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #283
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for your advice and interest, Leo. You are very generous with your time and support here on this thread, and that's one reason I wanted to try this. Thank you very much for that.

After a few hour's contemplation, it hit me that I have not lost ANY weight in 8 months until I started JUDDD, and I've now lost 4 pounds in three weeks. That's incredibly good news for me, and I'm just going to hush my mouth (er...fingers), stay the course and be happy about it!

That said, I really do want to get my Up Days to a better place, whether or not it causes better losses. I feel like I lose control and lose track of what and how much I've eaten, and that gives me a lot of anxiety. But I'm making progress in that area, day by day.

So it's all good!
Old 08-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #284
Senior LCF member

Jessica-
I agree about the UDs. It's really easy to lose control of them. I find that planning in advance helps, but I also give myself permission to make 'exchanges' if the mood strikes me. I think this helps avoid burn out but also keep my calories in check.

Today, for example, I planned to have some chicken for dinner (300 cal), but I found myself wanting to dip into my jar of almond butter (something I only allow myself on UDs and may even have to restrict to weekends), so I said, just for today, I'll have more almond butter and skip the chicken.

My substitutions are usually healthier. I might have liver planned and really feel like a burger when the time comes to eat, and I'll let myself have the burger. I actually love liver, but if I'm not 'feeling' it, eating what I want to have makes the UD feel like an indulgence, even if I'm keeping to my calorie limit.

This works for me, and I mention it in case it's helpful to you.

Redeemed-

To update you, I sent an e-mail via the JUDDD website. The connection is really for people to ask questions about the plan, but I asked if they were interested in my 'story.' I got an almost immediate response, saying that they were especially interested because they're about to update their blog (whatever that is; I haven't read it). I just sent them a description of my experience with JUDDD that I'm sure is much longer than they want. I also sent those pictures that I shared with you--and that might have been a mistake.

I'll keep you posted on this.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Jessica....congratulations on your loss. ANY loss is a good loss and 4lb in 3 weeks is great, especially when you have been faithful to low carb for so long and didn't have that big WHOOSH of water weight to begin with.

Leo....how exciting that your story may be incorporated into the JUDD blog (or wherever)! You deserve bragging rights and as Jessica said...I bet there are a lot of us that wouldn't be here without your kind words, encouragement and inspiration.

SUCCESSFUL DD FOR ME ON A SATURDAY!! Actually made it at 550 calories, although it may actually come in less cause I wasn't able to finish all of my dinner, but will later if I get hungry. I took a 12oz package of broccoli slaw (100) and added some chopped red onion (15) to it and 4oz chicken breast diced (120) and Walden Farms dressing (0) to taste...combination of creamy bacon and honey dijon and it made a huge bowl for 235 calories and was very tasty and very filling. I may suffer later for all that fiber, but it was good and I will definitely do that for a dinner on a DD again.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:11 PM   #286
Blabbermouth!!!

Sherrie, hooray for you! And Leo, that is VERY exciting about the JUDDD blog. Let us know if you become famous.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone!

Well first day is almost over and I am really proud of myself. Was I hungry?? Yes at times I had some nausea and pain in my stomach but it passed. I kept saying Hey I can eat tomarrow!!! This is what I did

EAS shake with add water so it was about 20oz...I sipped it when I felt I had a bit of hunger pang. I worked so I was busy most of the day.

I drank lots and lots of water....Sipped on a diet pepsi and 2cups of coffee I spent all day running to the bathroom but I kept to my mantra I can eat tomarrow.

Dinner zucchini 250gms, 1table rotel tomatoes, 1tablespoon parm cheese, 1tablespoon of ketchup and 0.25canned salmon.

So far 288calories. I have another 120 to go today.

I was surprised that I was able to do a 20min jog/2miles without any difficulty. I did come straight home and have dinner.

All in all it was not that hard. I felt in control all day. I am thinking this is just my honeymoon today. I hope the next dd is this smooth.

UD planned tomarrow. The calculator says my normal calories are 1600... I am going to try to eat till satisfaction. Now I think the UD may be the challenge for me.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Jessica Congratulations on four pounds lost.

Leo Now we have to find out what the JUDDD Blog is. I just sent you my before pictures - taken about 5 years ago, but I pretty much look the same. Will post my before and after's here on LCF when I get this darn weight off.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Sherrie..... Great job! I kinda had fun trying to figure out a good meal for dinner without spending alot of calories. I know I am weird!!

Leo .....Awesome Why do you think sending pictures is a mistake?? From what you told me so far your journey has been long but You have accomplished so much!!!! I look foward to the updates.

Jessica I know you wanted more than 0.6 but its going in the right direction. I also have been stalled so long that any little bit is a victory!!

Shelly...WTG on your loss. I was suprised I was able to jog today but I did and without difficulty. That suprised me. Today was a good day. Not at all what I thought it would be. Maybe its just my honeymoon day?? I did make sure I ate right after.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:44 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Keep going redeem you will get there!! I love your picture of the deers.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Jessica-
I agree about the UDs. It's really easy to lose control of them. I find that planning in advance helps, but I also give myself permission to make 'exchanges' if the mood strikes me. I think this helps avoid burn out but also keep my calories in check.

Today, for example, I planned to have some chicken for dinner (300 cal), but I found myself wanting to dip into my jar of almond butter (something I only allow myself on UDs and may even have to restrict to weekends), so I said, just for today, I'll have more almond butter and skip the chicken.

My substitutions are usually healthier. I might have liver planned and really feel like a burger when the time comes to eat, and I'll let myself have the burger. I actually love liver, but if I'm not 'feeling' it, eating what I want to have makes the UD feel like an indulgence, even if I'm keeping to my calorie limit.

This works for me, and I mention it in case it's helpful to you.

Redeemed-

To update you, I sent an e-mail via the JUDDD website. The connection is really for people to ask questions about the plan, but I asked if they were interested in my 'story.' I got an almost immediate response, saying that they were especially interested because they're about to update their blog (whatever that is; I haven't read it). I just sent them a description of my experience with JUDDD that I'm sure is much longer than they want. I also sent those pictures that I shared with you--and that might have been a mistake.
I'll keep you posted on this.
Dr. J's mistake was having that pretty young thing with him on the Fox Good Morning Show. He would have faired much better with an educated, articulate person like you, Leo. I think that interview really hurt him as it was hard to take him seriously after that.

Last edited by Redeemed; 08-21-2010 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: added video
Old 08-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Yup I agree! If I saw that interview and not talked to you guys I am not sure I would of investigated further.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
Yup I agree! If I saw that interview and not talked to you guys I am not sure I would of investigated further.
I think it's fair to say Dr. J was ambushed. I'm sure if he had to do it again, he would be more prepared.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

I hadn't seen that interview before either. Actually, this plan could potentially be very unhealthy, depending on how you use your calories....any plan can. If you use your calories for junk food, sweets etc you won't be getting the proper nutrition. I don't think anyone on this thread is eating that way though. Your body needs the proper proportion of protein, fats, fiber, carbs etc to function properly. He very poorly represented himself and the plan as far as I'm concerned....he needed Leo on there!! Leo, you actually describe JUDD far better than Dr. Johnson himself....he's a poor spokesperson in my opinion.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

I agree, Sherrie. Here's a quote from a viewer of the video on YouTube: "Yeah and Dr. Johnson should have mentioned that fasting every other day lowers blood pressure, lowers risk of Type 2 diabetes, and lowers bad cholesterol levels. Dr. Siegel should calm down a little." Another person mentioned that Dr. J. should have talked about the hunter-gatherer way of eating that was sustainable. As I said, Dr. J. was ambushed, and wasn't as aggressive as the other doctor and dietician.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:50 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

I agree he was ambushed. He should of had someone other than that women who eats a graham cracker. It sounded like another gimiky diet. Does anyone know if he was interviewed again after that??
Old 08-22-2010, 04:32 AM   #297
Senior LCF member

I saw him interviewed somewhere else (can't remember where; it was a while ago), and if I hadn't already been doing JUDDD, I would have never looked into it, based on his presentation. He is extremely inarticulate and did not represent the benefits of the program well at all. He made it sound like just a 'gimmick.'

He's probably disappointed that he hasn't had much success in marketing his program, but it's his inability to present it well that is most responsible.

For example, I was really turned off by his book (already doing the program before I read it!) because he is so anti-low carb. A better approach, IMO, would be to emphasize that JUDDD is not a specific WOE and can accommodate low carb, low fat, WW, primal--any way a person chooses to eat. JUDDD enhances the effectiveness of such programs and confers added health benefits.

I'm glad that we here know the 'truth'
Old 08-22-2010, 05:06 AM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

I think you should start on a new book, Leo...JUDD REVISITED or THE TRUTH ABOUTD JUDD or LEO TELLS ALL ABOUT JUDD or READ THIS, DR. J
Old 08-22-2010, 05:16 AM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
I think you should start on a new book, Leo...JUDD REVISITED or THE TRUTH ABOUTD JUDD or LEO TELLS ALL ABOUT JUDD or READ THIS, DR. J

1413636xrmq5bvht6.gif
Old 08-22-2010, 05:23 AM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Jessica congrats on the weightloss!!! You do have to realize that you havent lost anything in a while until coming to JUDDD and that is amazing!

Jodi im so glad you had a good DD. My first couple were pretty tough. I had some nausea as well and feeling a little lightheaded but it passed pretty quickly. Im so glad you were able to jog! I think eating right after was a great idea and i bet that helped your body tremendously.

Leo im glad you emailed dr j. That will be so cool if you end up in their blog. They would be crazy not to market you a little. Dr j needs all the help he can get it sounds like since he doesnt even knwo how to promote his own diet...lol He needs to get you on an interview with him. My mom wrote oprah about me one time. She sent this huge letter adn lots of pictures of me before and after and we never heard anything! I was so disappointed! I just wanted help with getting a full body lift...lol

Sherrie that dinner sounds good! I started off having cabbage slaw with mushrooms and ground turkey for dinner but have tried tons of other things since then. I still ahve teh slaw in my fridge and i will be using it this week. We are short on money so im gonna have to use whats in my fridge. I used some soy sauce in mine and it made it taste like the inside of an eggroll. Really yummy!

Redeemed thank you so much for what you said. Its really just because i tend to get a tad OCD about my woe and exercise...lol Since i have lost so much weight thats one thing i have noticed is that i have become pretty obsessive about certain things in my life. Its that constant feeling of never wanting to be that big girl again and feeling like i need to be obsessive about what i eat and how i eat and exercise to make sure that never happens. In some ways its a really good obsession and then in some ways it can get annoying even to me...lol Once i set my mind to do something i go for it all out. Losing the weight has caused me to be that way in alot of areas in my life. I didnt have any confidence before but with the weightloss came confidence in myself that rolled over to many aspects of my life, work, motherhood, wifey things, food, exercise. It really made a huge difference in my life. My best friend calls me the lowcarb ****! LOL You really made my day when i read that so thank you.

And on that note i had a major calorie day yesterday on my UD! I didnt intend on it being that way but it ended up being that way. It was the mazzios hot wings and ranch dressing last night that really boosted up my cals for the day. I started off great. I am taking antibiotics so when i got up about 6am i had about 1/4 cup of cottage cheese with 1/4 cup of chopped pecans in it. Then about 10 or so i had breakfast which was 2 eggs scrambled with 4oz of sausage. I had a piece of coconut bark made with cocoa and sf natural pb later and 2 more scrambled eggs with a piece of salami for a late lunch about 3p. I went to see my grandbaby and got hungry while i was over there and had a few almonds about 1p, probably 10 almonds total. Then dinner, SO decided he wanted mazzios and i love their wings and have eaten them many times so i got the wings of fire with ranch dressing. I havent had it in awhile and i have never put the nutrition info anyway. So this morning i looked it up and holy crap, just that dinner was almost 800 calories! 360 for the wings and and whopping 372 calories for their ranch dressing! WOW! That will have to be something i try to plan better for next time. I will know what im getting myself into. So i ended up with about 2000 calories yesterday. That is the highest UD i have had since starting JUDDD. Now i am stressing a little about it and i need to not do that. I know one high UD isnt going to kill me but good lord i hate seeing that number. Now i feel like i need to do a hardcore workout this morning. I told myself i was going to take this week off because of not feeling so hot and i should make myself stick to that but im feeling guilty for eating so much yesterday.

well, ill shut up now. Another long post from me. I always end up writing a book...lol

I will have a better UD today.
Have a good day ladies!!!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote