Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 04:34 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Good morning everyone! Why is it that on my DD's i cant sleep and wake up at the crack of dawn!!!! Its saturday morning and i have been awake since 5 and didnt go to bed until like 130. What is up with that? I got up this morning and had to have some almonds...lol I had a 100 calorie pack and feel so much better since i have something in my tummy.

Leo, i totally forgot to congratulate you on your loss! That is awesome! I knwo what you mean about the excess skin. I have about 5 - 10 lbs of it im sure. For my height i should weigh about 130 to 135 but i cant get that low or look really sickly. I look and feel the best about 135 - 140. If it wasnt for the skin i would probably wear a size 2...lol Its all mostly in my butt, thighs and tummy. I hate it and wish i could afford to ahve surgery but that will never happen.

Ok guys, i have a question. On my DD's i am getting cramps at night. I am getting them in the arch of my foot and also feel this twitching in my calves. Do I just need to take a potassium supplement? I use sea salt but maybe thats not enough on my DD's. What do you guys do and have you experienced this?

Well, i am going to workout i think. I have this energy! A fasting workout shoudl be good though, even though i did cave and have some almonds...lol I really want to try doing some sprints but askeered! LOL One of these days! For now my hiit will be on the gazelle or doing squats.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2010, 08:54 AM   #152
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Shelly, a potassium supplement would probably do the trick. I sprinkle that Morton's Lite Salt on food too if I am feeling like that.

I am down .8 pounds this week. I ate out twice this week and I suppose it is better than a gain and I am down 5.5 since the 24th of June. I can't even round down and change my stats though.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Great job Gina.
Well, i went to tan earlier and they also have toning so i knew they would have some scales and i weighed and i am down 4lbs just this week. I weighed on Sunday and lost 4 lbs this week. I cannot believe it! I'm excited but thinking maybe i am doing this a little too hardcore of something or maybe it will taper off. I dont want to lose to much more than that. I had let myself get above my maximum which is 140 and went to 143 and then with the binge/purge thoughts i knew i needed something like this to help lose the extra little but really to give me some control. I didnt expect to have that kind of a loss. I wouldnt mind losing a couple more lbs but the one time i let myself get right at 135 i didnt look good, now i also wasnt working out and it was total stress that caused the loss and just not eating because of stress so i know i lost some muscle when i did that. So i might look better working out and getting to that weight, i just dont know. I guess i will have to experiment and see how it goes and if i lose too much i will just to 2 DD's a week or up my cals to 600 - 700 or something. I like the fast5 approach but still dont know if that is soemthing i could do or not but i definitely like the way i feel doing IF so i will have to tweak things to make sure i dont lose too much weight. I am really just amazed at 4 lbs in 5 days. I worked out 3 of the days but not as hard as i have been. I didnt do my full 50 min and just did 30 min instead. Maybe that contributed too. I did more weights and not as much cardio mixed in.
Well, im happy but still a little shocked!
Gina, i will take some potassium. I have some, but need to buy another bottle. I hadnt been taking it in a while so i will go back to it again. Thanks for the advise on that and any other tips you guys might have about me losing so quickly would be helpful too.

Ill be checking in later. Hope you guys are all having a great weekend!
SO has to work all weekend the evening shift! That really sucks but this evening after he goes to work im gonna have dinner with my mom and then we are going to go get the rest of the stuff for the baby shower tomorrow! WOOHOO!!!! I will probably put back on a couple lbs just from the shower...lol
Old 07-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Been inactive so long will have to go back and read all I missed. I am doing just lowcarb/primal right now, was working out in the yard and got really weak on dds, so am going to wait until I get all my weeding done and a trip this weekend, before I go back to JUDDD.
History, in May I had a double cataract surgery, (2 weeks apart). They put in a lens that corrected the astigmatism and made me farsighted. I can drive without glasses, (for about a month couldn't use the computer very long, or read very much). Just now getting back to being able to go through my mountain of paperwork for more than a short time.
After a life time of being near sighted it has been a struggle for my sight to settle down, I think it's not the eyesight, it's my brain that has been struggling.
But expect that I can use the computer more now, and get back to JUDDDing about the same time. I have missed all of you, I really need the inspiration.
My son and his wife moved out, he graduated from college again, and got a job, thank God, in the next town. So I have both my house and my computer back, though he still comes back and uses the computer once a week for a day. Everything is such a mess it is kind of disheartening, he was here for 5 years, but he says he will come back and take care of it, but I am really tired of moving things around, etc, etc. Really glad they are finally getting to start their life together, maybe I'll even wind up with grandchildren, yet.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #155
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Shelly-

Congratulations on the loss, but 4 lbs is a lot in one week--if you were already low carbing. But perhaps you'd retained a little water with the weight, so that loss is probably just fine! By the way, although your cramps are likely due to low potassium, I get cramps when I eat any sugar or even artificial sweeteners. It's happened the very few times I indulged and really took me by surprise. But with your big loss for the week, I'd guess it's more likely potassium that you need.

Redeemed-

Whenever I've lost more than 1 lb in a week, I never show a loss the following week. I suspect that our bodies just try harder to hold onto weight in those instances because I know I don't do anything differently. You and Gina are both doing just fine!

Nitenurse-

It's nice to see you back! Take care because the heat can be a problem for gardeners--especially those who restrict calories. Be sure to stay hydrated.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #156
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Shelly, is that the same scale you weighed on before, same time of day and all that? That scale may weigh differently or your clothes may be heavier or something. Four pounds a week for two weeks is a lot, especially if you don't have much to lose. If it really is an accurate loss, you could up your DD calories.

I won't be around for the next week. I am in a race tomorrow morning and as soon as we get home we are taking off for vacation. We will be hiking and doing a lot of active stuff, but there sure are a lot of snacks packed out in that trailer. There are two days I think I can pull off a DD, but mostly I will just try to maintain.

Have a great JUDDD week everyone!
Old 07-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
972122dtuadhvrq0.gif Shelly and Gina Congratulations on losing this week!

Shelly I lost ten pounds the first week I was on JUDDD, but I weighed 260 lbs. so most of it was water. My second week I didn't lose any weight at all even though I ate the same as the first week. So, be prepared for the possibility of your weight loss to slow down next week.

Leo How is your cat? Have you heard any more about what the doctor's opinion was of your MRI?

nitenurse Welcome back!

Gina Have a wonderful trip!

Last edited by Redeemed; 07-24-2010 at 06:16 PM..
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:01 AM   #158
Senior LCF member

Gina-
Enjoy your trip! If you're going to be that active, you might want to forget about DDs. I find that I maintain just fine eating carefully if I'm active enough on vacations.

Redeemed-
I had a long talk with my vet via phone because I was concerned. He's scheduled another blood test for 2 weeks from now, and my concern was that the cat might have something that should be treated NOW. He explained that the past blood and urine tests have eliminated any immediate problem, and if he really is going into renal failure (crossing fingers that he's not), the protocol requires 3 tests, 2 weeks apart to make a diagnosis. He (and I) are hoping that this all is just an anomoly, and my boy will get back to normal on his own. But I won't know anything definite for a while. In the meantime, I'm trying to get him on 'senior food' that doesn't stress the kidneys as much, and if you've ever tried to change a cat's food, you can understand the challenge.

I have an appointment with my gastro the day after we visit the vet! He phoned me the other day and indicated that the MRI seemed fine--but said we'd talk more in the office. I know he wants to remove my gall bladder, but we're going to have a discussion about that because I am hesitant to remove something that looks fine in all the tests. Like the cat, I will have to wait to find out anything definite. The good thing about all these tests I've been having (4 in the hospital!) is that everything seems to be fine in there--and at my age, every negative test is good news!
Old 07-25-2010, 04:09 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

_2096035a0fsxt0umn.gif Good morning everyone!

Leo I would be the same way about my gall bladder. I want to keep my body parts at all costs. My sisters dog and her daughter's dogs all have a virus and are on antibiotics. My sister thought the symptoms were so severe that her dog was in danger of dying. All pets are on the mend now. Hopefully there is nothing seriously wrong with your cat.

DD today. I made cream of celery soup for today. 2 cups vegetable broth, 2 cups 2% organic milk, 1 bag of celery, 1 small onion, salt, pepper and garlic and celery seed. I pureed the first ingredients, transferred to a pot and added the chopped onion, cooked and then added the milkd. So good! This made so much soup that I can't take it all to work with me. I'm sure I won't be hungry at all today. Have a nice day everyone.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:03 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jlp2009
Redeemed, that soup sounds really good. You used the entire bunch of celery right?
It's been to hot to cook so I will have to remember this recipe so that I can make it after things cool off. I would think you could use that same basic recipe and make cream of mushroom soup too.

Congratulations of everyone who lost this week!

Enjoy your vacation Gina.

Have a great week everyone.
I am back to FL and back to work Tues. so I should get back on track then. It's easier to JUDDD when I am working. Too busy to think about food!
jlp2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:43 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning everyone!

Gina that soup sounds so good. You come up with the best ideas for DD's.
Leo i hope and pray for the best for your dog. I dont know what i would do if i had to go through something like that with mine.

I started my simplefit program this morning. It was tough. I dont have a pull up bar yet so im substituting with dips for right now. I havent eaten anything yet. Will be having bacon and eggs when everyone gets up.
Babyshower today! Im really excited. Im going to try so hard to be good but i may cheat just a bit. We have this big huge cake and punch adn cookies and different flavored chex mix. Im going to try my hardest to just stick with the meat and cheese tray and the fruit tray. But im going to allow myself a little bit of a cheat but not much. I did lose a few lbs and dont want to undo that.
Today im making a broccoli and cauli soup. The frozen bag i get at the store only has 150 cals for the whole entire bag! I thought that would be perfect. Heres where im having trouble. USING MILK!!!! Im so used to counting carbs and i know i still need to but i ahve found that on DD's my carbs are higher because im eating more veggies since they are so low cal. I thought about maybe trying a mix of 1/4 hwc and 3/4 water. I need to do some lookign today to see how the cals would vary from milk doing that. So, im gonna cook the whole bag in 1 can of chicken broth and add some spices and maybe a small onion and see what i can find out about the hwc mix versus using milk. That should be good for lunch and dinner on a DD. I can still have a cpl boiled eggs in the morning and still be under 500 cals.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 07-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #162
Senior LCF member

Shelly-

Why not make the soup without the milk at all? I don't do dairy, and I find that if I make my soup with vegetables and then puree them in the blender, I get a nice consistency and flavor.

I, too, like those big bags of frozen veggies--because they give me an exact calorie and carb count.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Shelly You could substitute Almond Breeze for milk. I can't take Vit. D supplements; and I have low Vit. D levels. I have tried several times to take Vit. D and get symptoms of depression each time, so I want dairy in my diet. Also, I'm not doing low carb. Or, like Leo said, you can puree your soups without milk, and still come out with a good product. I have done that with fresh green beans and chicken broth, onion, etc.

JLP Welcome back. I hope you had a nice visit with your mother. I would think that base (chicken or vegetable broth, milk, onion, salt, pepper, garlic) would work with just about any veggie, mushrooms too. That celery soup I had today was a very powerful diuretic. I wasn't expecting that. It was such a pretty shade of light green; and I felt good about having something so healthy throughout the day. These pureed vegetable soups have a lot of volume and can really help me get through a long work day.

ETA: JLP Yes. I used the whole bag of celery. 2 stalks of celery were 15 calories. There were about 14 stalks in the bag. Two cups of 2% milk (240 calories) and Two cups of vegtable broth (30 calories) (small onion ?). I came out under 500 calories for the entire batch of soup. I had about 10 bing cherries when I came home from work.

Last edited by Redeemed; 07-25-2010 at 06:23 PM..
Old 07-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! We had a great time at the baby shower. My daughter cleaned up on stuff! It was so fun and i am wiped out.

Leo, i made the soup this evening and it is so good! I ended up buying some almond milk and hoped that would be good in it and it really was. I used half a cup and its only 30 cals and 4 carbs. I only have a hand mixer so i couldnt really puree it so its a little chunky but it will be perfect. The only that bothers me is that i have more carbs on my DD's than i do on my UP's. I have more carbs on these DD's than i ever really eat in a day...lol My total of carbs will be 37 tomorrow and the fiber 14. I have to keep telling myself they are good carbs and its just because im basically eating all veggies on DD's because they are so low cal. And im only at 381 cals for the whole day. Thats with 2 boiled eggs, half a cucumber and that whole soup. I also like the almond milk for the fact that i can use it in my coffee on DD's so if i do that my cals will go up a little but my cals are still really low. I keep looking at that soup and thinking that i cant believe that whole soup is only 220 cals. That is crazy to me because its quite a bit.

I have also discovered Powerade Zero today. No calories or carbs adn full of electrolyes, potassium, calcium and b vitamins. I think im going to take 1 of these to work to drink in the afternoon to help give me some vitamins and especially for the potassium. It may help replinish me thru the day.

Have a good evening. I am going to bed. I am so tired!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:39 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

LOL...redeemed we were posting at the same time. I do like the almond milk. The only one my store had was silk brand and i used 1/2 cup and its really good. It seems like alot of soup. I will have to try the celery soup too. I added mushrooms to mine with the brocolli/cauli mix, 1 1/2 cups chicken broth and then seasonings.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:53 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

2182652a9mw8xs57n.gif Good morning everyone!

Shelly Yes, the celery soup recipe did make alot. There was plenty for my husband to have some also. There are several of us on this thread that have learned that very low carb is not good for the thyroid in some people. I personally do not think 30 carbs is high at all. You lost four pounds last week; so I wouldn't worry about it if you don't have blood sugar issues. You're getting a lot of nutrients from the veggies and you're losing weight. For someone just starting out on JUDDD, I think you are doing great. Your enthusiasm for JUDDD is just what this thread needs!

UD here . I started off the day with a blueberry milk shake ( blender: 1 cup frozen blueberries and 1 cup milk). I sweetened my shake with NuStevia; and it was so delicious. I have to be very exact with my calories for the next couple of UD's because this weekend I am giving myself more calories because of a birthday party I am invited to. There is going to be dinner; and I believe it will be authentic Hispanic cuisine. Saturday is supposed to be a DD, but because of the party I'm making it an UD. I suppose I could make Friday a medium day - so Th. Fri. Sat would look like DD, MD, UD. I know from past experiences with JUDDD, that I cannot give myself two UD's in a row and lose weight for the week.

Have a great day JUDDDing everyone!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:37 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Whoever starts the August thread, please do not make the same mistake I made for July. There are three statements at the top of the first post that state it is the July thread. Sorry about that! If you cut and past the info for the first post in August, delete the top three sentences and then state the thread is for August.

Last edited by Redeemed; 07-26-2010 at 05:40 AM..
Old 07-26-2010, 07:32 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Redeemed,
Are you working night shift?

Shelly,
After doing LC for over a year, I too thought that that carbs on DD's would be bad. So I can relate to how you feel on that issue. But, for me to stay low cal, I have to do more carbs mostly in the form of veggies, for volume. I don't worry too much about veggies since they don't trigger me to have other food cravings and the health benefits are worth it.
I am a bit concerned that I miss out on the benefits of fruits but I know that if I eat any fruit, I will go wild. I used to eat low fat for years and would consume an entire watermelon or cantalope in a day or two and not worry about it and not gain weight.
I've got some weird eating habits !
Old 07-26-2010, 07:44 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Good Morning JUDDDers!

Wow, it has been way to long! I went on vacation for almost 3 weeks, and I did pretty good on vacation and stuck to JUDDD. When I got home from vacation I completely fell off the wagon! So weird! I don't know what the trigger was, but I haven't been on here at all, so that might have something to do with it.

Well, I am back with you guys and going to spend some time catching up on all the July posts!

I am doing a MUCH needed DD today!

I missed you guys!! Leo- I see you're still kicking butt!

Hypothyroid

Mini-goals:
120 115 110
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:53 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle 1840287fudtftz67z.gif

Snaggle 1296731p3hsvmwbwr.gif

JLP I'm finally off nights after a great deal of "discussion" with mgt. Once in a while I may have to do a night shift, but for the most part I am on days. I prefer long shifts and usually get at least 2 during the week.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:53 AM   #171
Senior LCF member

Welcome back, Michelle!

I do that myself--i.e., watch myself carefully when traveling or at special events--and then go off the rails afterward for no apparent reason! That's what I find great about JUDDD--just a couple of DDs, and I'm always back on track again.

I guess I'm one of the few people here who actually eats fewer carbs on DDs! I've found that what works best for me is to focus on protein and not volume. If I have egg whites or tuna or some other low cal fish, I'm fine for the day. I drink a lot of hot, green tea throughout the day, and that helps, too. But, as has been advised, no one needs to worry about <50g carbs that come from veggies!

I've already screwed up my sequence again this week. Yesterday was a MD (tried for a DD but had dinner out,and that raised the calories), and today is an UD (already!), so tomorrow will be a DD. All this is very unnatural for me since I've been doing M, W, Fri DDs for the past 18 months! But I know that the 'secret' to JUDDD is to stay on track no matter how much I have to twist my schedule.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

celery - important info.

Just read that one stalk of celery has 104 mg. of potassium, so you might not want to overdo it if you make soup. Celery also has a lot of sodium even though it acts as a diuretic.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

WE have 2 Michelle's!!!! Glad to see you on here. There need to be more of us. This woe is great!

Redeemed i do have to keep telling myself, good carbs good carbs!!! LOL

JLP you are so right about the volume. Today has been totally different than last week. Making this soup has really kept me full all day. I had 2 eggs this morning, some soup for lunch and now more soup for dinner and i have felt great. I didnt get hungry at all today.

I was thinking about this and something i thought of that i hadnt crossed my mind until today when i was eating the soup is that its the meat that makes up so many calories. Last week i had 2 eggs and then the cabbage for dinner with ground turkey. Just that little bit of ground turkey was 170 cals. It wasnt even very much turkey once i cooked it. I could have had the whole bag of slaw and more mushrooms and had that for lunch and dinner without using the meat. It is weird to think about not eating meat on DD's because i am such a carnivore but i think thats waht i may do. I will get some protein from the eggs in the morning and then make soup or slaw for lunch and dinner. It made a big difference today. I had more carbs but i was much more satisfied and didnt get those moments where my tummy was really growling. I just keep telling myself i can have lots of meat tomorrow...lol
I guess ill be eating higher carb, low cal on DD's and lower carb, higher cal and higher fat on UP's. That will really shock my body...lol Its a good way for me to start eating veggies. I have never really eaten alot of veggies so this really may be the best thing for me.

I had my first day of the simplefit routine on Sunday. I had to do as many rounds as i could of 3 dips, 2 push ups and 3 squats in 20 min. I did 32 rounds. Its supposed to be pullups, pushups and squats but until i have a pullup bar this is one of the substitutions they suggest. I started getting sore last night. My shoulders, chest, triceps and back are so sore from those dips and pushups! I love it. tomorrow im doing round 1 again because i really wanted to start on tue so i can do round 1 tue, round thur and round 3 sun. You guys are probably like, what the hell is she talking about...lol

Oh and the almond milk is pretty good in coffee. It doesnt make it really light like the cream does but i can taste it. I had a little this morning and some after work.

Ok, question. I always here about the ratios of carbs, fat and protein need to be right to lose weight. There needs to be more protein than carbs or something like that. Or more fat or something. They are all about even today. Carbs is actually the highest at 39%, protein 20% and fat 30%. 410 calories. Is that gonna be bad? I guess with the cals so low having the higher carbs will be ok you think? Gosh, im so confused because last week my carbs were a little higher than normal but they werent this high because i had the ground turkey slaw and really was hungry most of the day...lol For instance on Friday i had 413 cals but only 19 grams of carbs, today its 410 cals but 40 carbs! I know under 50 is still good and they are all veggies but just about all i am eating is carbs it seems like. I guess i just need to try this for the week and see how it goes. Im ASKEERED!!! LOL

Ok, im done for now. Sorry my posts are always so long. I'm still getting all of this down and learning and i appreciate all of you guys.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:35 AM   #174
Senior LCF member

I pay absolutely no attention to those 'percentages.' What works for some people may not work for others. For me, the key is keeping calories low and protein sufficient to avoid muscle wasting (it's fat I want to lose).

I had some digestive issues several years ago that forced me to limit fat, and I find that I lose just fine with very moderate to low fat on a low carb WOE.

Everyone is unique, and you just have to find what works best for you.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:36 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

I like FF 1/2 and 1/2 (yeah I know, frankenfood!) in my tea on DD's. It is creamier than almond milk and a lot less calories than HWC (it has 40 cal /2 tbsp, HWC 100 cal/2 tbsp. big calorie savings there). I did finally find MimicCreme, the nut based coffee creamer and used that in iced coffee, which I liked but didn't try it in tea. I like flavored coffee, I don't like flavored tea and it does have a taste all its own. I might try it in the cream soup though.....I also sometimes use light coconut milk (2 tbsp. 25 cal) in coffee. The coconut milk creamer was good but really expensive and only slightly creamier than the coconut milk in a can. (all of that IMHO!)

Redeemed,
Did you have any trouble staying on JUDDD on night shift? I am thinking about trying night shifts but I know that they mess my life up for a day before and a day after.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:44 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

1130162ney5u2jkoi.gif Good morning everyone!

Thunder and dark sky already this morning. It's going to be a good day to stay in with the air conditioning. DD here. I think I'm going to have a cold celery and blueberry pureed soup. I'll add some milk and no sweetner. Something different that should get me through the day. I'm not in the mood for my hamburger/cabbage today.

Shelly I think it's a good idea to try it for a week, like you said. See how it goes. JUDDD isn't for everyone. But the thing to keep in mind is that it is very "tweakable". The fact that you can tolerate DD's and do so well on UD's made me think you were going to make it on JUDDD. Another thought about your concern regarding macronutrient ratios is to ask Twyla (WATCH-ME-SHRINK) for some feedback re: your meal plans. She has a journal here on LCF; and is always so willing to help people with their questions. She does all kinds of carb/fat/protein rotations. - Just a thought.

JLP I used to work nights and did JUDDD, but it was impossible. On my way home from work after a night shift I would be absolutely starving, especially after a DD at work. The bing tendencies seemed to surface, probably because when I'm tired, I have less control. JUDDD is going so well now that I'm on days. I only have a couple of years before I retire, and hope to never have a regular night shift routine again.

ETA: Also, my sleep patterns were interrupted by DD insomnia. It's hard enough to try and sleep during the day when you have to work nights. But when you have a DD and try to sleep during the day, it's twice as difficult IMO. Now, we do have a JUDDDer named nitenurse who seems to be able to do nights and JUDDD. So, if you do decide to do nights, you might want to ask nitenurse for suggestions as to how she makes it work for her.

Last edited by Redeemed; 07-27-2010 at 06:02 AM..
Old 07-27-2010, 06:19 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Shelly Here's a link from the ML I thought you might be interested in:

Are you losing on 50g carbs per day?
Old 07-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Hey JUDDDers!

Hi Michelle!!!

I keep reading about the celery soup, which sounds delicous. I am looking for low calorie, FILLING recipes. Will you guys point me in the direction of where it's located? I am sure it's been posted somewhere.

Michelle
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #179
Senior LCF member

Michelle-

Just go up a few posts on THIS page, and you'll see where Redeemed listed how she makes her celery soup.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening everyone! Good UD today! I think my appetite is shrinking! I had 2 eggs cooked with some sausage for breakfast and 1/2 cup cottage cheese. Lunch was 1 can salmon with 1 1/2 T mayo and 1 celery stalk, dinner was 2 cups lettuce, about 6oz of turkey breast, the salad had cheese, some white onion, and ranch dressing. May have been more turkey than that. It was about 3 good size pieces of breast i bought at the deli today in my grocery store. YUMMY! I had 1 T co in my tea at work.

I made a concoction for tomorrow. 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup almond milk. I added 1 can of libbys green beans, 2 servings of pictsweet sliced frozen squash, and 1 cup mushrooms. I didnt blend it up or anything. I like it being chunky. I split it in half for lunch and dinner tomorrow. Its really good. I am taking my 2 boiled eggs of course and a couple of baby dill pickle spears. With all of that its only 320 calories and 30 carbs. I guess i can maybe add a can of tuna or somethign if i get hungry. It seems like alot of veggies so i doubt i will get hungry at all. I kinda like eating the veggies on DD's cause i dont eat enough veggies. The carbs are still scaring me a little so we will see how it goes at the end of the week. I loved the brocolli/cauli/mushroom soup, so good and so filling. I have my mom doing JUDDD too! She saw that i had lost weight last week. She could tell i had lost a little and asked me about it and i told her and she is on the bandwagon...lol She started yesterday. She is in her 50's and has always been thin but when she got older she started gaining and now she is a little roly poly...lol she is really hoping this works well for her. Hopefully she will get on here and post. I showed her where to go so she may show up.

Have a good evening everyone!