Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Ouis The stress of the presentation and then your mother-in-law passing, plus your parents, can take a toll on the thyroid.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2010, 03:29 AM   #32
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Weekly Weigh In

Exactly the same as last week [sigh]. I know this is not a cause for concern because my body has been doing 'this' lately (i.e., not losing some weeks but the total for the month usually equals a pound a week), but it's still disheartening after those tough DDs! However, I really can't complain because JUDDD has been very good to me, getting me to the lowest weight in my adult life.

For next week, my goal is just to maintain because I will be away for three days and probably unable to do a good DD. I'm hoping the 'change' will confuse my body into dropping some weight
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
have a good time Leo--sometimes a few days of changing things up will lead to good losses when you return to your DDs--
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

_2096035a0fsxt0umn.gif Good morning everyone!

Well I had a nice long post that accidently got deleted. Now, I'll try to remember everything I just typed.

JUDDD has had the most positive effect on my blood pressure than any other diet. For that reason alone I should make it my plan for life. Monday I go to the lab to get my thyroid and blood glucose levels checked. By then I will have been on Cinnergen for over seven days, so I'm hoping for a drop in BS levels.

Leo I admire your strong reserve over not losing this week. In times past that would be a trigger for me to binge. You have had such success and have come to know your body so well that you can anticipate its ebbs and flows concerning weight. How are you feeling since the soda pop incident?

Kisha I only work 40 hours a week. My hours the past couple of months have been two fourteen and one twelve hour shift one week with four days off. My schedule changes often to accomodate others. I love my long shifts because of the four days off. I think the reason I'm having better success with JUDDD this time around is because I no longer work nights. The morning after a night at work my hungar was uncontrollable. I do have one night shift at the end of the month because of others taking vacation and work coverage is needed. So in order not to binge, I may have to give myself an extra UD so that night shift won't turn into an all out binge.

DD here. I'm going to wait until 5:00 pm and have a cold curry chicken salad over a bed of dark green salad dressed with vinegarette and a couple of tangerine wedges. My DD's have been around 505 calories, so I should be able to have a nice sized portion of salad. Weigh-in for the week and for my first month on JUDDD will be tomorrow.

Last edited by Redeemed; 06-05-2010 at 07:45 AM..
Old 06-05-2010, 08:24 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Redeemed--what is the Cinnergen? What is it supposed to do??
Old 06-05-2010, 08:30 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Here's the recipe I found on About.com that I like for curry chicken salad. It's by Fiona Haynes. I plan on having a double portion and will still be keeping it under 500 calories.

1/3 cup plain non-fat yogurt, drained
1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
2 tsp curry powder
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (skin removed)
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 medium apple, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
Preparation:
Blend yogurt, mayonnaise and curry powder in a small bowl. In a large bowl, combine chicken, raisins, almonds, apple and celery. Add dressing and blend well. Top with cilantro.
Serve on top of a bed of dark green salad leaves or spinach, or use as a filling for pita bread.

Serves 4.

Per Serving: Calories 227, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 6.6g (sat 0.8g), Cholesterol 52mg, Sodium 250mg, Carbohydrate 18.8g, Fiber 2.3g, Protein 23g
Old 06-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Redeemed--what is the Cinnergen? What is it supposed to do??
Click on the blue highlighted Cinnergen on this post. You'll get Netrition's explanation. Also, some others (especially on the HCG thread) believe it helps them speed up weight loss. Some report it lowers blood sugar levels. Others say it does nothing. Tomorrow I weigh in after taking Cinnergen for a week and Monday I get my fasting blood sugar levels tested - so I think I'll know if it's a piece of the puzzle of tools for weight loss that I should keep.

Last edited by Redeemed; 06-05-2010 at 08:36 AM..
Old 06-05-2010, 08:58 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Thanks for the recipe Redeemed. I love curried chicken, both as salad and hot, although it is hard to have the hot kind without rice!

Ouis- so hoping your thyroid issues get worked out. I am amazed at how common this problem is. I was with some girlfriends last night and had not realized how many of my dear friends and book clubbers have been dealing with it lately.

Leo- I bet you will do really well in maintenance, and I would not be surprised at all if you lose some more. Your diligence is so admirable.

I was away last weekend. We decided at the last minute to take Scamp (our dog) and head to Eastern Washington and go wine tasting. Very fun weekend. Scamp got to go visit the rescue people where we got him. They have a dog grooming facility, but coordinate a shelter system with a bunch of locals who foster the dogs until they get adopted through the pet finder website. They were excited to see him again. They also tipped us off to a local winery that had just featured one of their recent placements on the label of their new release. We hit that winery and got to meet the celebrity himself. He was running around the tasting room, basking in his new found fame.

Had two good down days this week, but alas, here I am on a Saturday, feeling like today will be a tough one!
Happy Judding, low-carbing, primal-ing, etc. everyone!!
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:43 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Juddding, Snaggle! I was wondering where you were. When I first read your post I thought you went all the way east to Washington, D.C. Then I remembered you live in Seattle. I'm a dog-lover too. We got our dog at the shelter. She was my Christmas present to DH four years ago.

Ouis I should have mentioned, if you do a Low Carb Friends serch for Cinnergen, you can read what others have to say. There are a couple of threads about it.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #40
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-
Thanks for asking about the after effects of my "soda incident." I've been feeling great the past two days, so I think whatever it was is totally out of my system.

I think I read somewhere that shift workers have problems when their biorhythms are disturbed, so that might be why you have such hunger after night shifts. Since there's only one coming up, I think you're wise to make it an UD. One of the things I like about JUDDD is the flexibility it provides for doing things like that.

If you're counting on the cinnemon in that Cinnegen to lower your BG, I think you'll be disappointed (although it may be lowered from your month of JUDDD alone). I know that there was a craze for cinnamon a while back, but Jenny (BloodSugar 101) posted some time ago on the fact that it was basically useless for that purpose, based on scientific studies that she'd read.

Thanks for posting that recipe--it looks delicious, and I love curry. Alas, I can't make any recipes because I'd easily eat the four servings at one meal:-)

Actually, I do make myself things like curry (sometimes), but since I don't eat dairy or fruit, I just 'wing it' and make single servings. But I find that I do best when I eat as simply as possible--e.g., grilled meat or fish and some veggies.

Hi Snaggle-
It sounds like a lovely trip! I think I've been successful because I'm retired. Many years ago, there was a psychologist who wrote a column for the magazine Women's Day, which my mother read religiously--so we're talking 45 years ago. The psychologist developed a weight problem when she was in her 50s and really struggled to lose. So she took a sabbatical, and spent 6 months just focusing on her WOE. She got almost to goal when she returned to work, and she wrote a column saying that it would have been impossible for her to lose unless she took that time off. Her point was that the human brain can only juggle so many 'full-time jobs' at once, and, in her opinion, from a psychological perspective, losing weight is a full-time job!

As I've been losing, I remembered that article because I also recall that stress from my job often led me to "WTH I need a Ben & Jerry"--or stopping at McDonald's as I left work because I was famished from not having a minute to myself all day and not eating anything from breakfast.

It's not so much that my WOE controls my life, now, but I don't have all that other stress to deal with--I can fairly well deal with the 'ordinary' stress in daily life. I can afford to make losing weight my "full time job."
Old 06-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Snaggle! Your trip sounds great--If you ever decide to come west, I live in Sonoma county and our wine rocks! I'll take you to some incredible wineries--

Redeemed--thanks for the info and the recipe--off to investigate LCF--

Leo--I've read the same thing about night shift workers
Old 06-06-2010, 04:07 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Weekly Weigh-in

054.gif

I'm down two pounds this week. I lost those two pounds early in the week, so the rest of the week I just maintained even though I kept up the same eating pattern. Total weight loss for my first month back on JUDDD is 14 pounds. I had a couple of UDs this month when I went higher than planned, but no binging. I had one DD where I went to about 650 calories. Other than that the month went pretty well. I think the key for me is not going too low on DD's so I'm not so tempted to binge the following day. I made that curry chicken salad last night. It was okay - something lacking when a person has to use low fat mayo and low fat yogurt I think. Have a great day JUDDDing everyone!
Old 06-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #43
GME
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Hi folks. I haven't been around much lately. I've been poking my nose around, but not too much time to post. I finally got my school stuff all done (straight As if you don't mind hearing my own back-patting), work-school was out Friday, I got through al my kid's proms-events-activities and I am ready to wind down. I have a few things scheduled for next week, but nothing like the past couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I think I've been successful because I'm retired. Many years ago, there was a psychologist who wrote a column for the magazine Women's Day, which my mother read religiously--so we're talking 45 years ago. The psychologist developed a weight problem when she was in her 50s and really struggled to lose. So she took a sabbatical, and spent 6 months just focusing on her WOE. She got almost to goal when she returned to work, and she wrote a column saying that it would have been impossible for her to lose unless she took that time off. Her point was that the human brain can only juggle so many 'full-time jobs' at once, and, in her opinion, from a psychological perspective, losing weight is a full-time job!
It is funny that you post this today, Leo. I was just thinking about this before I got out of bed this morning. It is SOOOO true for me and I have noticed this pattern in myself for years. I feel like I can do two things... work & high-demand kids (like when they were little or have a lot going on), work & school, work & diet/exercise, diet/exercise & kids... or any combination, but not more than two. If three things are going on, one seems to go on the back burner.

Ever since I have been teaching & trying to lose weight, I have noticed that the bulk of my losses come during vacations. Good news is, it is vacation now.

Bad news is, I am up 8 lbs. I think my thyroid may have gone off again about the middle of May. I started getting fatigued and that is when I gained. I blamed the tiredness on my busy schedule, but I also started losing hair and forgetting words again. I stopped gaining thankfully and have held steady for the past two weeks or so.

7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won! 9/14/14- Title 9K- I won! 11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K- I won! 12/7/14- Jinglebell Rock 5K- I won!
2/7/15 - Together Love Run 5K, 3/22/15- She is Beautiful 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #44
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-
Congratulations! Fourteen pounds in a month is remarkable!
But I'm concerned about your seeming 'disappointment' at your 2-lb loss this week. As a nurse, you must know that if we're talking about losing fat, 2 lbs is supposedly the maximum 'safe' loss for a week, so you should be very pleased.

Then you commented that you lost 'early in the week' and just 'maintained.' That's not really true; that's what the scale showed you. Our bodies lose in a complex way that's not always apparent on the scale.

Your insight about not going too low on DDs so as not to go too high on UDs seems to be a good one for you. Ironically, I have the opposite reaction. When I have very low DDs (250 cal), I have to force myself to go to my UD limit because I want to stay in a lower range.

Gina-

Can you get tested soon? That fatigue, along with a gain, could be low T3.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #45
GME

Leo, I was going to post more earlier but DH needed the computer. He is trying to fix the gate and had to look something up and then we went for a walk..... anyway, I had blood drawn already (in the midst of my worst fatigue) and I go back to the doc in a couple of weeks. He is actually good about making med adjustments with a phone call based on how I feel, but I was scheduled for a visit and bloodwork anyway so I figured I would wait. It isn't anywhere near as bad as before I got treated.

I plan on starting JUDDD properly tomorrow with my first real DD in quite awhile. I am off to Costco and WF later on because the larder is quite bare these days. My teen says "We don't have any excellent munchables." We are going to BBQ tonight and I am going to cook some extra chicken breasts and I picked up some mango salsa that is 10 cals for 2 tbls that should flavor up chicken and fish nicely.

Wow Redeemed, 14 lbs is great!

I'm sorry I haven't kept up with everyone and how you are doing. Hopefully I'll have more to add soon. Have a great JUDDD day everyone!
Old 06-06-2010, 11:35 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Redeemed-
Congratulations! Fourteen pounds in a month is remarkable!
But I'm concerned about your seeming 'disappointment' at your 2-lb loss this week. As a nurse, you must know that if we're talking about losing fat, 2 lbs is supposedly the maximum 'safe' loss for a week, so you should be very pleased.

Then you commented that you lost 'early in the week' and just 'maintained.' That's not really true; that's what the scale showed you. Our bodies lose in a complex way that's not always apparent on the scale.

Your insight about not going too low on DDs so as not to go too high on UDs seems to be a good one for you. Ironically, I have the opposite reaction. When I have very low DDs (250 cal), I have to force myself to go to my UD limit because I want to stay in a lower range.

Gina-

Can you get tested soon? That fatigue, along with a gain, could be low T3.
Leo I'm not at all disappointed in losing 2 pounds this week. I said in the beginning I would be happpy if I lost 2 pounds a week.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi all--first DD is quite a while--doing it a bit differently than my usual DD where I don't eat til dinner--

having a lot of high volume ultralow calorie foods: lettuce with walden farms dressings, shirataki noodles with my 10 calorie "peanut sauce," some of my glucomannan shakes: I seem to need my pseudo food today. We are having a big shiva service for my mother in law tonight at our home, so I just went and bought cakes, cookies, cheesecakes, etc that I need to prepare and serve--that may be why I am needing my pseudofood today. glad to be doing a DD today despite the challenges--

Ouis
Old 06-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Ouis Welcome back to Down Days! Hope the entire days goes well for you.

Leo I've been thinking, I really don't mind your honest response to my morning's post. There's a post in the ML that begs for confrontation, as the poster has an obvious ED that is serious. The poster is being "soft-soaped" by others' responses; and will no doubt continue on her dangerous path. I was a little down this am - not related to JUDDD. Perhaps your sensitivity to the needs to others picked up on this.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #49
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-

I'm really sorry if I read "disappointment" in your message, but one of the bad things about Internet correspondence is that "tone" is lost. I 'heard' disappointment in your message when it wasn't there. It was also probably conditioned by my 'jealousy,' as losing ONE pound in a week is a big accomplishment for me

Ouis-

You are really wise to 'bulk up' if you're going to be around all those baked goods. I find that feeling 'satiated' is a good counter to temptation. Just keep reminding yourself of the evils of sugar

Gina-

I'm glad you're going to be checked. No sense in suffering needlessly if all you require is an adjustment of meds.

I'm off to my conference in the early AM and won't be back online until Wednesday night at the earliest. I hope you all 'lose' while I'm away
Old 06-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Leo Have a nice time at the conference. I suppose you'll miss your cat. I hope you have nice weather.

Gina Glad you're back posting. I know all too well how those pounds can creep up. I was optimized on thyroid meds and gained 20 pounds because I put my scale away and didn't catch it. You're smart to suspect your thyroid though, especially when weight gain is accompanied by fatigue.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:04 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

873641qsfmzadxhx.gif Good morning everyone!

DD here. I have my 5:00 dinner planned. I have some smoked pork and stir fry veggies that I'll sautee' with a little beef broth and soy sauce. I'll add a can of bean sprouts. I'll have 100 calories left over so maybe a VitaTop cranbran muffin and a cup of coffee afterwards.

Last edited by Redeemed; 06-07-2010 at 08:53 AM..
Old 06-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jlp2009
Hello All. I am new to this so please bear with me as I have some questions. I am one of the few who gain weight on LC. I love the food, but I have always been a grazer and up until a year ago, never had to worry about portion size(maybe because I turned 50?). I did LF for many years and was able to maintain my weight except those pesky 10# in winter, but was able to cut back and exercise in the spring and lost them.
Things have changed and not for the better!
I started doing LC about a year ago after reading so much about LF foods being so bad (mostly due to HFCS). I have steadily gained weight. I must add that over the past 2 years my exercise has dwindled. I had thyroid test which was on the low end of normal.
That's my story, now the question....
I need suggestions for high volume but low cal foods for the DD's.
It would seem that I need fat free foods on the DD's to be low cal. Doesn't that mess up the LCing on the UD's?
I understand that I need to cut calories, that part makes sense. I am just confused about the low fat one day and low carb another. I also cannot go back to eating bread and sugar. They are killer triggers for me.
Help!! LOL
TIA
jlp2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

JLP 651171i085p8my3i.gif

I don't count carbs - just calories. However, several on this thread do count carbs and do JUDDD. Leo does primal and has lost close to 70 pounds if I remember correctly. Several of us have low thyroid. There is a great Thyroid forum on Low Carb Friends with a sticky at the top of the forum explaining what tests your doctor should be doing. I was unable to lose weight until I was properly tested and optimally medicated for my thyroid. On JUDDD DD's you can do low carb such as omlettes, tuna on lettuce, stir fry, etc. It will most likely have to be low fat if you want to reduce calories and have more volume. Others do this and lose weight just fine.

Some wait until the evening to have all of their 500 calories. Some space out their high protein low calorie meals. We have a JUDDD Down Day recipe thread on this forum if you want to serch for it. Otherwise, I can give you the link.

Last edited by Redeemed; 06-07-2010 at 08:32 AM..
Old 06-07-2010, 08:36 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

JLP Here's the link to the DD recipe thread: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...y-recipes.html

There are some other great low calorie recipe threads on this board such as the Weight Watchers recipe thread.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #55
GME

Redeemed,

Planning is so smart. I don't have much of one yet. Having coffee. Is that a plan?

JLP,

One of my favorite DD meals is Hebrew Nation FF hotdogs and sauteed cabbage (I sautee the cabbage in a little spray oil and broth). My family loves the cabbage so I have to make quite a bit.

I also like Laughing Cow lite swiss chees in the little triangles in the round cardboard box. I buy mine at Costco. I like it smeared on chicken or on a celery stick.

(Thanks to Kisha for both of those DD finds )

I also like mango salsa (I buy it at Trader Joes or Target has their own brand). It is good on fish or chicken and it is really good on the celery with Laughing Cow cheese. 10 cals for 2 tbls and yummy.

I have also been known to just eat 6 or 7 eggs (70 cals each X 7 = 490) on some DDs if I feel like it. Boiled with salt and pepper or scrambled in spray oil.

Except for the hot dogs & cheese, I try to eat foods that are naturally low cal like chicken, fish & veggies. I would rather eat less of a real food.

Spray oil used to skeeve me out until I found spray coconut oil at Whole Foods. It claims 0 calories, but I'm sure there are some if you use enough of it.

One thing I do eat on occasion that is surprising for a DD is peanut or almond butter. I buy the little single-serve packets at Whole Foods or REI (I stink at measuring that kind of thing) so I know exactly what I am getting. They aren't cheap, but it keeps me full for a long time. I cut the corner off the packet and nibble at it. Great for on the go.

I have a wheat allergy and just feel better on LC. I don't really count carbs on DDs, but I don't eat anything high carb either.

I second Redeemed's advice about visiting the tyroid board. A thyroid test on the low end of normal really doesn't mean anything. The test you had isn't even really a thyroid test at all. Your gain on LC may have had much more to do with your thyroid than the plan switch. Why did you stop exercising? If it was because you felt "too tired" or "just not up to it" that points to your thyroid too. Don't mean to beat a dead horse or give you advice you didn't ask for, but I have been through it and hate to see anyone else suffer needlessly.

Are you doing set DDs or alternating? I have been away for awhile, but there was a time when most of us were doing MWF DDs. It was somehow comforting to know there were others out there in cyberland, going through the same thing as me.

Good luck!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gina and Redeemed have given you some great ideas. I know that Leo eats her calories early in the day--she has an eggwhite and spinach omelette for breakfast, and a packet of salmon mixed with mayo which she snacks on thruout the day--

here was my DD yesterday: It was unusual for me because I ate all day long, but very lowcal foods--usually I eat one meal at dinnertime.

B: eggwhite and veggie omelette with some psyllium powder mixed with the eggwhites

s: glucomannan shake (i mix crystal lite, ice and glucomannan gel and blend--no calories and very filling. sometimes I mix glu gel and coffee)

L: 2 cups mushroom broth with two packets of shirataki noodles rinsed and snipped with hot sauce and acv

D: big salad with bbq chicken tenders, some string cheese and sliced almonds

dessert: protein pudding (I mix protein powder with some cocoa and a few tablespoons of davinci's syrup and stir til smooth)

500 cals on the nose--heavy on protein and fiber. low in fat.

Today is an upday and this is what I am having:

b: cottage cheese and greek yogurt with splenda and cinammon

s: hard boiled egg

L: salad with chicken

s: 'nother hardboiled egg

d: TBA. some kind of protein veg comb

dessert: probably another protein pud cause I like em!!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

DD Chips!!

tiere099.gif

I fond this recipe by Yond posted on the Simeons Recipe thread. Has anyone tried these? They sound like a great filler for the DD "munchies".

p2 Baked Spinach Chips

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One bag of baby spinach
Salt or Mrs Dash
Herbs of your choosing (I tried basel, but experiment and see what you like!)
Pepper, if you like

Note: take it easy on the seasonings the first time around go light the leaves completely dry out and crunch when you put them in your mouth but then melt on your tongue. a little seasoning goes a long way.

Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the spinach in a single layer on top. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, herbs...

Bake in an oven preheated to 350 for around 7 minutes. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less. They should turn crispy and wafer thin. Carefully peel off the paper and enjoy.

You WILL have trouble with the spinach sticking if you use anything other than parchment paper. It's important that you use parchment paper on your baking sheets, as stated in the recipe, to avoid this. Wax paper and tin foil won't work, and obviously a bare baking sheet won't do it, either. You can find parchment paper in most good grocery stores or baking shops.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, it just so happens I have fresh spinach and parchment paper. I made these and just finished eating them. Yond was right about the seasoning going a long way - you only need a little bit of seasoning. I used salt, pepper and garlic powder. I baked mine for 15 minutes. While these were certainly not my idea of chips, they were delicious. I think this would be a great way to get kids to eat spinach. At 20 calories for 4 cups of spinach, I will definitely be having these again.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sounds yummy--I have done the same thing with kale--which is delicious altho surprisingly carby--I will have to try it with the spinach--
Old 06-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RoLo-Diva
'Nother Newb

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around for the better part of about 10 days and thought I'd finally post a 'hi'. I'm really new to JUDDDD but I read Dr. Johnson's book and decided his research (and results) were sound so I would change up from my everyday dieting to alternating to try alleviating my every-three-weeks 'diet fatigue'. I'm on a DD today and (thankfully) at home so I'm not moving much. I'm at the end of the Induction Week (done as of tomorrow) and wanted to ask the more experienced JUDDDD'ers here how long you kept doing 20%? I've found that sprinkling that Sensa stuff over my non-liquid meals really helps (almost 'cheating' lol) because it actually does work to keep me feeling full since I spread my ~400 cals out through the day. I think I could do 400 another few weeks, but wanted to get a census from the group.

Thanks!
RoLo-Diva is offline   Reply With Quote