Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Hi Losers!
Sounds like this group is doing great right now. I am sort of back to normal after this wierd flu thing. The scary thing for me is that I have now gone two weeks without working out at my club. Yikes. I have just been so weak and tired. I plan to hit my total body conditioning class monday am, but still think tomorrows spinning is out of the question. Hanging in at the same weight. You would think that flu/bad diarrhea would take away the appetite, but in my case, I was still ravenous.
I did have a couple of okay down days this week. Yesterday was a 50th party for a dear friend at an Italian restaurant. Unfortunately the food was not good. Both hubby and I were lamenting on the way home what a bummer it is to waste an up day with bad food.
Oh well. DD today.
Good luck with all your stuff Ouis!
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #122
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Redeemed-

Congratulations on the big loss!

Thanks for giving me a second try at that interview. It worked this time, and I found it really interesting. I was tempted to stop after the first half because he wasn't saying anything new to me, but I'm glad I listened to the end because he described exactly what I've been experiencing--i.e., the need to monitor UDs. It was nice to know that it's a phenomenon of JUDDD and not just me.

I've always been able to keep my DDs, but sometimes the UDs get out of control. The way Dr. J explained it, our bodies resist losing, so we'll actually sometimes feel hungry on UDs, even when we've eaten at a level that's normally satisfying. That's been my recent experience as I get into VFT big time. He argues for a 'food log,' something I've never done because I plan everything mentally. I think it's just good for me to know for sure (i.e., he confirmed my assumption), that my body is just trying to deceive me into eating too much on UDs! That should help me just stick to my planned menus.

Alas, being hungry on both DD, and UDs will be difficult--but I love the results. And perhaps after a while, my body will stop bothering me on UDs!

Snaggle-
Glad you're feeling better. I wasn't sick but I skipped about 10 days at the pool because I just felt too tired for some reason. Perhaps I was fighting off something, or even just needed a break. I went back on Thursday, and one of my friends mentioned that she, too, had taken a break for a week because she felt that she 'needed one.' Perhaps we're both just good at rationalizing!

I'm like you; I never want to waste my calories on bad food!
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:12 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Welcome back, Snaggle! Glad you're feeling better. Too bad about the Italian meal not being the best. I understand the disappointment of looking forward to a nice meal, and then being disappointed. That happened to me with a BBQ rib dinner from a restaurant that was infamous for their great ribs.

Leo I'm glad that interview was of some interest. Logging keeps me on track usually, but today I didn't. I had a large serving of beef and broccoli and fried rice. I'm sure I went over the top today (2100 limit on UD's), but I'm hoping my egg fast tomorrow will help me keep my 6 pound loss when I weigh in officially for my first week on JUDDD this Monday. You know, I'm just making an observation. I have checked out the egg fast thread and hcg simeons protocol thread, Atkins Induction thread. It seems a lot of people lose more the first week on JUDDD than these other plans (observation only). I have lost 6 pounds in 5 days and enjoyed all of my favorite foods (up to 2100 calories) every other day. Also, you have been on JUDDD the longest here on the thread, and I can't remember you hitting a plateau unless there was a thyroid issue. Is that correct? When you have been optimally medicated and followed JUDDD to plan, there has not been a plateau right?
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #124
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-

No, I really haven't had any plateau, and I'm now in my 16th month with JUDDD. A couple of times I was convinced that I had hit a plateau, and then I had a 'whoosh.' My body sometimes really resists loss. For example, last month, I just waffled between 180 and 182 all month and was convinced that I'd hit a plateau, and then in the final week, I was 177. This month, the same thing seems to be happening--i.e., I can't seem to move down, but I'm not concerned because I remember last month. In any case, it's only been about 4 lbs a month, but it's been steady all this time--75 lbs down since I started.

In addition, what you're experiencing in beginning again is what I experienced in returning from vacation. On standard low carb, I'd typically gain 5-7 lbs if I 'strayed,' and it took forever to lose those pounds when I got back on plan. With JUDDD, I went to New Orleans for 4 days and ate well--with carbs--and returned up 2.5 lbs. But within a week (3 DDs), I was down 3.5 lbs! So I don't have any fear that if I have some social engagements (and I have several in June) and have 2-3 UDs in a row, I'll be destroyed. I find it so easy to get back to my DDs.

This is why I'm convinced that this is my WOE for life!

By the way, my big objection to Dr. J's 'philosophy' that came through again in that interview is his insistance that it doesn't matter what you eat so long as you watch your calories. Technically that's probably true for losing weight on JUDDD, but I think it's irresponsible to almost encourage people to continue bad eating habits.

Perhaps it's because I'm doing this for health, too, that I think what a person eats is critical. He advocates those awful commercial shakes for induction, and if I had taken him seriously, I never would have even begun this plan because I think they are a nutritional disaster. I guess he's afraid to turn people off by advocating healthy eating, but if people eat low calories of junk, they'll be malnourished.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:12 AM   #125
Senior LCF member

Weekly Weigh In

No loss--in fact up 1/2 lb (sigh). I'm hoping that my body is just doing what it did last month when I went up and down a single pound for 4 weeks and then had a sudden 4 lb drop!

I suspect that's the case because there's no reason that I didn't lose--kept my UDs under control, good DDs, etc. Perhaps because I'm in 'super VFT' (i.e., lower than I've been since I was 14!), my body is just resisting every pound.

Just going to stay with the plan because we all know it works!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:06 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Down another two pounds - total six pounds since Monday!! JUDDD works!
Redeemed....that's GREAT! You must be so encouraged....nothing like a good loss to keep you motivated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSugarShell View Post

Well, I am at a new low of 120.2, but I am disappointed. I REALLY wanted to see 119 today. Oh well! I will keep on JUDDDing and my body will get there when it damn well pleases.
Michelle, CONGRATULATIONS on a new low! My mind doesn't even fathom 120...think I weighed that in 5th grade. You'll be at maintenance before you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Weekly Weigh In

No loss--in fact up 1/2 lb (sigh). I'm hoping that my body is just doing what it did last month when I went up and down a single pound for 4 weeks and then had a sudden 4 lb drop!

I suspect that's the case because there's no reason that I didn't lose--kept my UDs under control, good DDs, etc. Perhaps because I'm in 'super VFT' (i.e., lower than I've been since I was 14!), my body is just resisting every pound.

Just going to stay with the plan because we all know it works!
Leo...know I don't have to tell you not to get discouraged...you will keep it all in perspective and continue on your successful journey. Sounds like your body just needed a rest this week and took a break from a weight loss too.

Snaggle....glad you're feeling better...take it easy, takes a while to recover from something like that.

I'm anxious for my WW weigh-in tomorrow too. It's been a crazy busy week with lots of eating out, but I think I've done OK. My best friend from college is arriving today and staying for a few days with me...haven't seen her in 30 years! I'm just so excited! Then my son arrives next Friday for the weekend cause it's my granddaughter's confirmation next Sunday. Busy week ahead!!

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:39 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Sherrie Have fun visiting with your friend and son next week. I hope you find it easy to stay on plan. Company always seems to throw me for a loop diet-wise. Keep us posted on your weigh-in. Has your daughter started WW program yet? If so, how does she like it?

Leo No show on the scale yet from your hard work and effort of staying on plan. I know no one has to tell you to keep pressing on. You were right about Dr. Johnson not emphasizing healthy eating. He's hard to listen to for some reason; nevertheless, he came up with a diet that works. There are a lot of misconceptions about JUDDD being an all you can eat one day diet and starve yourself the next. I felt he could have cleared up that myth.

Last edited by Redeemed; 05-16-2010 at 05:42 AM..
Old 05-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #128
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-
Enjoy your time with your good friend and your son! When I went to Hawaii in February, it was with a friend of mine of 35 years who lives in New Orleans (so we have only had phone contact for a long time), and it was great spending that time together.

I hope those restaurant meals last week don't hurt your scale number because I always go up when I eat out--apart from all the sodium in restaurant food, I also seem to be sensitive to a lot of additives, so I retain water like crazy. If that should happen to you, just chalk it up to a temporary condition.

Redeemed-
Yes, Dr. J is rather inarticulate. I wonder if that's hurt him insofar as JUDDD is not at all well known. He doesn't interview well. If I didn't already know and love JUDDD, I would not have been inclined to try it from hearing him explain it.

The interviewer was interested in the weight loss element, but he kept talking about the aging factor. When she asked about calories, he was so vague and didn't explain that the program helps keep the metabolism from slowing by giving the body 'normal' food every 24 hrs., etc.

In any case, I'm glad he developed this--and that I found it!
Old 05-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Hi everybody--too tired for personals and I will try and read all the threads I missed at some point--

My presentation went extraordinarily well--lots of very positive feedback, which made me very happy--but I am exhausted--at the same time I have been trying to deal with this stuff, my 83 year old dad and stepmother have been very ill--and it has been taking a tremendous amount of energy to deal with them as well--

I will try and post regularly, but may be a little light on the personals for awhile--forgive me!

Ouis
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:47 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Official Weely Weigh-In

Quis Welcome back. I can feel the void on the thread when you don't post. So glad your presentation went over well. I had to give several power point presentations in college.Two that I can remember were the relationship between high blood pressure and kidney disease; and the other was on collaboration among team members. I hope you can wind down this week from the stress.

Kisha I have been stopping by your journal to find that you have had some successes lately. 972122dtuadhvrq0.gif So happy for you!

Down ten pounds since starting JUDDD last Monday. I can hardly believe it. But then again, I was stunned to have found out I gained twenty pounds before starting JUDDD a week ago. My DD's have been a tad under 500 calories and my UD's have been pretty close to 2100 calories. I'm on one grain of Thyroid (half the dose I was on a month ago). I seemed to have found my perfect niche with calories and med dosage. Since the thyroid dosage reduction and Vit. D supplementation, I no longer have leg pain, sleep better, and have more energy. I'm not so out of breath either. One more week of induction. I will be planning my OWL this week, I may stay on induction for another week or two to see how I need to tweak my plan.

Hope everyone has a nice week JUDDDing! 19_trein.gif

Last edited by Redeemed; 05-17-2010 at 02:54 AM..
Old 05-17-2010, 04:03 AM   #131
Senior LCF member

Redeemed-

On that great loss! You're on your way--and it's great that you've found the right combination of meds/calories. That's the secret when you're hypo, I think, because those hormones really control our metabolism. All of those 20 will be gone soon.

Ouis-

Sorry that you're stressed with relatives' illnesses, but I hope you'll stay with us and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Since I'm the 'old person' in my family now, I don't have to deal with those issues, but I'm not eager to be the one having issues myself.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:13 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Weekly WW Weigh-In

Quote:

Down ten pounds since starting JUDDD last Monday.
Attachment 30376
Redeemed...10lb is fantastic! Sounds like you've got the right combination going for you.

Well, have to report that I just returned from my WW weigh-in and lost 3lb this week! That's 14.6 in the three weeks I've been doing it. I feel really good cause ate out several times over the weekend and yes, Leo...I always worry about the salt content of those meals even if I feel like I'm making wise choices. So hit my 5% mark and also in the 260's which I haven't seen in a couple of years. I've been battling those same 10-15lb FOREVER!

This is really motivating and I'm not finding it hard. Busy week ahead here but just wanted to share my good news!
Old 05-17-2010, 07:20 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Sherrie Way to go! 736345xys1961mlm.gif So good that you are not finding your woe difficult!
Old 05-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #134
Senior LCF member

Sherrie-

This is fantastic It's difficult to lose with restaurant meals (even with good choices), so I think that your loss this week s great--and your total loss so far is phenomenal

We all have to find the plan that works best for us individually, and you may have struck gold with WW. I'm so happy for you because I know how you've struggled.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #135
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
Yay @ Sherrie & Redeemed... AWESOME YOU GUYS!
Yay @ You too Leo for hanging in there... lately your weight loss seems like one big once a month woosh? Thats what I've noticed.

@Me... my weight keeps inching down with 1600-1800 cals a day and 25-50 carbs. As long as I keep losing I'm SO HAPPY! I've always said I wouldn't do JUDD unless I had to and right now its not necessary (yet)
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #136
Senior LCF member

Kisha-

I agree with you; I would not do JUDDD if I didn't have to, but it seems as though I really need it. Actually, I'm jealous because if I could lose on 1600 cal a day, I'd be in ecstasy! There's a reason I've always heard that you should get to goal before menopause I think age, more than hypothyroid, is why I need to keep calories so low. So do it now, girl, while you're young!

Yes, last month was so strange with that one drop of 4 lbs, and so far this month, I'm doing the same 'waffling' over a single pound. Last month, I was convinced that I'd stalled--until that final week, so I hope the same pattern holds for this month--i.e., I finally do see a loss--because as you know only too well, JUDDD is impossible unless there's some positive movement on the scale!
Old 05-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoSugarShell
Stats: 138/128.8/110 5'0
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten free
Start Date: Feb 25, 2013
Hey fellow JUDDDers!

Kisha - Great job! Glad to hear you are having some downward movement. I know all too well how frustrating all the thyroid stuff is.

Redeemed - Way to go!! 10 lbs is awesome. When I get to maintenance I do plan on continuing with JUDDD. JUDDD is a lifelong plan for me.

Leo - I have my fingers crossed that the pattern is the same as last month and you will have a big drop all at once.

Snaggle - So glad you are feeling better!

Ouis - Sorry to hear about the stress you are under. Please let us know how you're doing.

Well, after my new low on Saturday I went crazy. Seems to be a pattern with me..not sure why I do that! I had 2 HUGE UD's and I am up 8lbs this morning. Isn't that ridiculous that I retain that much water?? Anyway, I know I will drop alot of that today since it's a DD. I do still seem to be losing though even with the ups and downs, so I am not complaining.

Happy JUDDDing everyone!

Hypothyroid

Mini-goals:
120 115 110
NoSugarShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Kisha Whether it's JUDDD or any other plan, you are doing what you know to do to get healthy; and I commend you for that!!!!

Michelle I certainly understand an eight pound gain in two days! I could gain back that ten pounds I lost in a flash. Here's hoping you have some successful DD's this week!

btw: Where's GrammyPat?

Last edited by Redeemed; 05-17-2010 at 02:54 PM..
Old 05-17-2010, 03:11 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Sherrie When you had your ten pound loss the other week, did you have any blood pressure issues? My blood pressure is low today (119/56). This is fine for some people, but too low for me. I don't like my diastolic pressure lower than 70. I'm off all BP meds. I take CoQ10 and 3 TBS ACV daily for blood pressure, but I won't be taking anything today. Ten pounds in one week is a dramatic loss. Most of it was water I'm sure, but I will watch the scale closely next week in order to lose at a slower pace. (How painful is that?)

Last edited by Redeemed; 05-17-2010 at 03:12 PM..
Old 05-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snaggle
WOE: juddd-5:2
Wow Redeemed, ten pounds in one week is fantastic. You are doing so well.
Michelle- The two up day weekends are killer, and unfortunately, happen too often
for me. I feel good today because I stuck to plan this weekend and had a good down
day Sat and am having a good one today too.

Just had my greek salad and chicken and am pleasantly full.
No more food.

keep it up everybody!
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sherrie When you had your ten pound loss the other week, did you have any blood pressure issues? My blood pressure is low today (119/56). This is fine for some people, but too low for me. I don't like my diastolic pressure lower than 70. I'm off all BP meds. I take CoQ10 and 3 TBS ACV daily for blood pressure, but I won't be taking anything today. Ten pounds in one week is a dramatic loss. Most of it was water I'm sure, but I will watch the scale closely next week in order to lose at a slower pace. (How painful is that?)
No, didn't have blood pressure issues (that I know of), but did have a bout of about 10 hours of A-fib. This has happened to me in the past with fluid volume issues and I'm sure that along with the stress of having both my mother and brother hospitalized the same weekend didn't help. I did increase my carbs quite dramatically the next week (cause I was scared) and only lost .8lb. I think now that I've gotten rid of that water weight though, I shouldn't have anymore problems along that line.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:42 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

066.gif

No blood pressure issues this morning. BP usually a little higher in the AM.

Snaggle: Sounds like you're "back in the ring" and knocking out some good DD's! KUTGW! I think it was the two UD's in a row that got me off track the other two times I tried JUDDD. I think I will have to do a strict UD/DD rotation in order to stay on plan. However, I would like to increase my DD to 600, and UD to 2300 when I'm on OWL, if I can still lose. I would like to eventually have an OLW where I can lose 2 pounds a week.

Sherrie A ten hour bout of A-fib would have alarmed me. Glad you're okay now. I can imagine the stress of both brother and mother in the hospital. My brother had a stroke a couple of months ago. He has made remarkable recovery; but it was a very emotional time for the whole family. I think I have a 12 pound excess water retention capacity. Sounds pretty clinical. (Diagnosis from Dr. Redeemed) . I expect to lose another 2 pounds after today's egg fast. Then I should start to lose actual fat, and I should have a better idea of how my 500 DD/2100 UD plan works at helping me lose fat.

Last edited by Redeemed; 05-18-2010 at 04:53 AM..
Old 05-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Hey JUDDDers!

Well, after ALOT of thought and even discussing with my doctor I am going to do a round of the HCG diet to help get me to goal. I don't know if it will help or not, but I have to give it a try. So I am going to start it on June 1st, because it's after the holiday weekend which also happens to be my birthday. I wish I could do JUDDD with this diet, but it is very specific. I will have alot of DDs in row....LOL. I will still be here for all your support. As soon as I finish the round (hopefully at goal), I am going back to JUDDD for maintenance. I am really excited about it. We'll see!

Oh and I dropped almost 5 lbs of the water weight after 1 good DD....amazing!

Happy JUDDDing everyone!
Old 05-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #144
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSugarShell View Post
Hey JUDDDers!

Well, after ALOT of thought and even discussing with my doctor I am going to do a round of the HCG diet to help get me to goal. I don't know if it will help or not, but I have to give it a try. So I am going to start it on June 1st, because it's after the holiday weekend which also happens to be my birthday. I wish I could do JUDDD with this diet, but it is very specific. I will have alot of DDs in row....LOL. I will still be here for all your support. As soon as I finish the round (hopefully at goal), I am going back to JUDDD for maintenance. I am really excited about it. We'll see!

Oh and I dropped almost 5 lbs of the water weight after 1 good DD....amazing!

Happy JUDDDing everyone!
ENJOY YOUR RELOAD DAYS!!! Its my understanding that you get to "reload" cals and carbs for two days LOL
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:21 AM   #145
Senior LCF member

It may be safe, Michelle, but there's no way I'm putting anything into my body that's not essential (like my thyroid meds). Using diet and exercise, I've been able to get off all meds for my arthritis, and I won't use something like HCG just to lose a few more pounds.

Of course, since I barely get through my DDs, I can't even imagine doing a string of 500 cal days. I'd probably be chewing off my arm after a while

JUDDD is as extreme as I'll ever go, and as I posted to Kisha, if I could lose without JUDDD, I wouldn't be doing it either--not because I don't think it's safe. I actually believe that JUDDD is healthy (from all I've read on fasting and calorie restriction); it's just that it's so hard.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:39 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

703784jl3qt1u4ao.gif

Michelle Good luck on HCG. I inquired about hcg homeopathic drops for down days but Deb (on the HCG thread) said the plan has to be followed exactly as designed. So, that's out for me. Make sure you come back to us when you're done, Michelle!

Day 10 of induction. I almost caved yesterday, but managed to go to bed early and tried to forget about food. Although JUDDD is hard, I will say it is so much easier this time around because I am working all day shifts. The scale has not moved for two days. I'm sure my body is trying to adjust to the 10 pound loss in a week's time. I have a 14 hour shift today, so I won't be posting again until tomorrow. Happy JUDDDing everyone!
Old 05-19-2010, 05:09 AM   #147
Senior LCF member

Don't get into weighing too frequently, Redeemed--unless you're a strong person than I am

I find that on JUDDD, I get wider fluctuations than when I just did generic low carb. If I weigh mid-week, even after a DD, I can actually show a gain--which disappears later in the week but can be very frustrating--and makes it tougher to continue with DDs.

And you're absolutely correct. Even if a lot of your 10 lbs was water, I don't think the body distinguishes. A loss that big will require some 'adjustment,' so you may see your body resisting loss a little (i.e., loss may slow before improving).
Old 05-19-2010, 06:40 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Hey JUDDDers!

Well another 2 lbs of the 8 gone! So 2 more lbs to go and I will be at siggy weight again. I am not starting the HCG until June 1st. I am going to load over Memorial Day weekend. I would really like to hit the teens before I even start it.

Leo - I go back and forth on the decision to do HCG, but I have been struggling to get to my goal for over a year and I feel like I need a little help. It might be psychological, but the need is still there. And you know, if by June 1st I am kicking butt, maybe I will forget about it all together. Who knows? LOL

Michelle
Old 05-19-2010, 06:55 AM   #149
Senior LCF member

Hi Michelle-

Whatever choice you make, I'm sure it will be the right thing for you. No one else knows your body as you do.

Two comments, though.

1. Are you sure that your struggles aren't a result of your body telling you that this is your best weight? I ask because as we 'age' (not saying you're in my class!!), our best weight isn't our high school or college weight but a little higher.

2. As I read your past posts, I got the impression that you haven't been totally consistent with your WOE over the past year. I know that I only get a result if I'm totally consistent. If I give myself too much 'wiggle room,' I will stall or even [horrors] gain. Even with faithful DDs, if I allow myself too much on UDs, I don't lose.

But I fully understand that with so little to lose to get to the weight you want, you'd like to do something drastic to get it over with. If you choose to go ahead with HCG, I really hope it works well for you. I know from experience the frustrations of the weight loss process
Old 05-19-2010, 07:39 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Hi Michelle-

Whatever choice you make, I'm sure it will be the right thing for you. No one else knows your body as you do.

Two comments, though.

1. Are you sure that your struggles aren't a result of your body telling you that this is your best weight? I ask because as we 'age' (not saying you're in my class!!), our best weight isn't our high school or college weight but a little higher.

2. As I read your past posts, I got the impression that you haven't been totally consistent with your WOE over the past year. I know that I only get a result if I'm totally consistent. If I give myself too much 'wiggle room,' I will stall or even [horrors] gain. Even with faithful DDs, if I allow myself too much on UDs, I don't lose.

But I fully understand that with so little to lose to get to the weight you want, you'd like to do something drastic to get it over with. If you choose to go ahead with HCG, I really hope it works well for you. I know from experience the frustrations of the weight loss process
Leo - I totally don't think I am at my best weight. I know I won't weigh what I did when I was younger, which I usually stayed closer to 100-105. I still look overweight and have a big belly. I am such an apple shape.

You are totally right, I have been off and on and have not been consistant. Some of that was that I was soooo frustrated with not losing even when I WAS consistant, I gave up. I realize it was my thyroid and I have that back under control now. So, maybe if I just stayed consistant I would EVENTUALLY get there...LOL.

I am still in the process of doing LOTS of research about HCG. Yes, I am nervous about putting something like that into my body. It's out of desperation I guess you could say.

I really appreciate your input and will keep you guys informed on what I do and how it works out.

Michelle